Tier 1: BG/JQ/SoR 05/10/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Is JQ quitting? Or is there a rally coming soon?

If you guys are done, just xfer off to T2 servers so one of them can come up.

We are only done when GW3 comes out and then even we will stomp everyone for another few years.

In the last 3 months, if a $1 was given for everytime someone said the word “quit” i would be rich enough to buy Anet

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

Is this true? Are the rumors true? Has BG quit their borderlands?

I’m not sure about “quit” maybe out-manned because there having to deal with SoR hammering SM atm.

BG seem to be super zerg-balling one map over the past couple hours, they were defending a fully upgraded Bay on SoR so we (TW) hopped maps and took there fully upgraded Garrison with (IRON) with no resistance and when they turned up to retake we hopped back to SoR and took Bay anyway.

I think that got the ball rolling for a full red map as everything was paper afterwards, (CHOO) took over in BG-BL and seem to be holding it down pretty well.

Too bad the majority of the BG forces are still stuck in work or traffic. Our players from PST will come back soon:)

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

I was being sarcastic because people were saying that on the previous pages.

I wasn’t hinting or insinuating that JQ is quitting or that they should transfer.

I had hoped my intentional exaggeration would have set off the sarcasm alarms, but alas.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Too bad the majority of the BG forces are still stuck in work or traffic. Our players from PST will come back soon:)

Looking forward to it, lucky for us BG has the only employed PST out of all the servers right now

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Match-ups

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Why am I actually glad that SoR takes over instead of BG.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Match-ups

Ascii.9726

BG, let Stonemist go! Even JQ is getting in on the action now.

Attachments:

Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Match-ups

Posted by: HayJulay.5207

HayJulay.5207

To the Icoa sylvari ele that we were dancing with on the hill in front of Greenbriar… I’m sorry you got killed

[Choo] Juliet Jubilee
SoR

in Match-ups

Posted by: barrage.1089

barrage.1089

well this is an interesting turn of events

Attachments:

Commander “Suicide” Freijnor

SoR lifer

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

R.I.P Blackgate?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Stonemist finally gives way!

Still loooking for duels if anyone is interested

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

RIP competition in T1? :P

I wish we had enough players to have 4 commanders in one map :P

Must be fun EU capping everything then gloating how much better you are than everyone else from atop your T3 fortifications?

BG gave the illusion of EU via SEA / Oceanic last week, now SoR with EU, going to be a long kitten winter.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

Must be fun EU capping everything then gloating how much better you are than everyone else from atop your T3 fortifications?

BG gave the illusion of EU via SEA / Oceanic last week, now SoR with EU, going to be a long kitten winter.

No one is gloating and no one from SoR is expecting a win, let alone an easy win.

Calm yourself.

SoR is still the smallest server of the 3, if BG or JQ pulls their guys out of PvE, it will be deadly for us.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

Map update for my brothers and sisters not on the battlefield

Attachments:

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

in Match-ups

Ascii.9726

No need for the R.I.P calls, i personally think the abnormally high ticking is a mixture of new PvE content, forces burning themselves out last night for the +350 BG ticking, abit of good teamwork + high motivation on SoR and abit of sloppy play from BG (turtling in SM whilst everything else on all maps was taken knowing were BG was).

And all my masteries OFC.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

pfft just cause I have my tag on while afk scouting hills doesn’t mean much.

Besides, don’t even say that, your chest thumpers did that all the time when Kain merged into you guys. Gloated all day.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Match-ups

MagiKarp.8201

No one is gloating and no one from SoR is expecting a win, let alone an easy win.

Calm yourself.

SoR is still the smallest server of the 3, if BG or JQ pulls their guys out of PvE, it will be deadly for us.

That is a laugh, our NA has been out, but your NA is much bigger, your Oceanic when HiRE and OCX show up is the same size as MERC and SEA can compete due to the T3 structures, we pushed as hard as we could last night but there is no way, SoR is smaller than BG or JQ it is exactly the same size if not bigger due to the stacked nature of your NA.

Coverage wars 2 / Siege wars 2 has begun once again, well played SoR.

Edit: Sanghae, we received guilds in a much needed time slot to counter a competitive timezones where it was clear BG was outmatched (NA vs SOR and SEA vs JQ)… I know IRON’s decision was their own, but I think T1 is poorer for it, until T1 NA gets more euros the competition is basically gone from it.

Blackgate WvW Commander

(edited by MagiKarp.8201)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

When you say “smallest server” do you mean in terms of overall population? If so, how could you possibly know that?

in Match-ups

Posted by: barrage.1089

barrage.1089

we got one EU guild ahahahahahahahahaha

Commander “Suicide” Freijnor

SoR lifer

in Match-ups

Ascii.9726

When you say “smallest server” do you mean in terms of overall population? If so, how could you possibly know that?

This is how (taken during North American prime-time aka now).

The difference between SoR 3 weeks ago and SoR right now is just 1 guild IRON and they only brought about 80 people.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I know I just posted one but I couldn’t resist a 505 ppt

This is the highest we’ve ever ticked in T1

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

We are the smallest server of the 3.

Honestly, it’s just the pve that is keeping BG and JQ down.

Once this pve goodness is gone, it’ll be anyone’s game. SoR still won’t have the 24/7 coverage but we’ll keep fighting hard.

(edited by Jahn.7019)

in Match-ups

Masamoon.3864

Edit: Sanghae, we received guilds in a much needed time slot to counter a competitive timezones where it was clear BG was outmatched (NA vs SOR and SEA vs JQ)… I know IRON’s decision was their own, but I think T1 is poorer for it, until T1 NA gets more euros the competition is basically gone from it.

Look how badly you guys won the last two weeks. Was it not the same reaction for yourselves then? All we gained was NYS coming back and IRON. You guys gained RISE, Meow and some other Oceanics, WM and some other small guilds who followed them. BG did have a Euro presence outside of the overtimes done, but where has WM been? They played during EU instead of their own, but now I don’t see them all. We had people on during EU time as well, but with how it played out, IRON is just a morale booster, people have motivation to coming out in EU now, like you guys did when WM was out during EU.

in Match-ups

Posted by: fade.8603

fade.8603

So far, I don’t think any server has 24/7 coverage except for JQ prime previously =P

BlackGate

in Match-ups

MagiKarp.8201

we got one EU guild ahahahahahahahahaha

Do you not understand the continuous nature of WvW? What we are seeing at the moment is SoR’s strong NA from reset, passing t3 gains to their oceanic / SEA who are able to adequately hold onto forts due to it being T3 while BG/JQ’s are all T1 / building up to T2/wp (Bay in SoR last night). There is a major advantage in having a 1700 T3 waypointed structure in someone else’s borderlands this is how we used to effectively fight FoO and WM back in the SoS days and even more recently in BG.

Last night is a prime example of the dead zone / advantage of EU, MERC ND WM Meow etc all pushed after some significant gains by the end of NA by our NA passing to us T1/T2 structures which we spent all night defending / upgrading. MERC jumped maps more than 15 times last night in order to just hold onto what we have because it was all paper. All your SEA had to do was maintain 170-200 ppt and hold garrison / other footholds in maps, bang EU hits, dead zone bang back to 350+ ppt, SoR’s massive NA logs in on the offensive.

Yes SoR is riding the wave of enthusiasm we had last 2 weeks, but I really don’t understand how people who play WvW don’t get how much of an advantage for NA and Oceanic having a EU presence is, there’s a reason they are able to push 400 ppt in NA and sorry to burst your bubble its not because you are “more skilled” is a factor but not the ultimate reason why the points are allowed to go that high.

Blackgate WvW Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nightcrawler.3219

Nightcrawler.3219

I’m not sure how everyone keeps saying the PVE stuff is keeping BG down. Normally when PVE content comes out BG usually ticks higher. Its more of an effect of SoR having move Euro coverage. It also seems there is a lot more ppl for SoR doing wvw because of this moral boast. This is what I think…

Nytcrawler

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

The difference between SoR 3 weeks ago and SoR right now is just 1 guild IRON and they only brought about 80 people.

Exactly true. I’m not sure if they all transferred yet either. Also, we still need more numbers in the SEA/Oceanic time slot.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Calm yourself.

SoR is the smallest server population. It is by FAR not the smallest WvW population.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: kevinskyrider.3271

kevinskyrider.3271

People greatly exaggerated our EU coverage. Our only “active” EU guild left is RK, and they field <20. Part of our high ppt during that zone was due to our hardworking oceanic/SEA + pugs pulling extra hours to help out. JQ/SoR could have easily organized their EU players into a decent force.

SoR’s new EU has strengthened their already strong NA East even more.. can also add their high morale at the moment.

*Last week, all 3 servers were within 26k 1st-3rd at this time..

Attachments:

Blackgate

(edited by kevinskyrider.3271)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

SoR is the smallest server population. It is by FAR not the smallest WvW population.

SoR=Hardcore WvW server

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

In that picture t7 servers are given the same status as t1 servers. One might think from looking at that picture that Gate of Madness has the same number of people as SoR. Seems unlikely.

We don’t know what Anet sets the server cap at. What is the population difference between a server marked “full” and a server marked “very high?” Does Anet actively monitor population levels when they’ve marked a server “full” or do they just mark the server and then leave it like that until further notice? What about a server marked “very high?”

For all I know, we could be talking about a very small difference in total population. I also think I’m safe in assuming that Anet doesn’t differentiate between PvErs, WvWers, sPvPers/tPvPers etc when counting total server population so SoR could actually have a much larger WvW population than either JQ or BG.

I understand the rhetorical value of forming a narrative like “we’re the underdog” or whatever but I really don’t buy it personally. If SoR only got 80 more people from IRON then SoR has had the rest of this huge number of people this whole time they just haven’t been turning up for WvW.

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

I didn’t hear any BG complaining when they were ticking at 500ppt during Euro the last 3 weeks.

This week isn’t a good indicator of the tier quite frankly.

Next week is the real “new” matchup.

in Match-ups

Zen.8497

In that picture t7 servers are given the same status as t1 servers. One might think from looking at that picture that Gate of Madness has the same number of people as SoR. Seems unlikely.

We don’t know what Anet sets the server cap at. What is the population difference between a server marked “full” and a server marked “very high?” Does Anet actively monitor population levels when they’ve marked a server “full” or do they just mark the server and then leave it like that until further notice? What about a server marked “very high?”

For all I know, we could be talking about a very small difference in total population. I also think I’m safe in assuming that Anet doesn’t differentiate between PvErs, WvWers, sPvPers/tPvPers etc when counting total server population so SoR could actually have a much larger WvW population than either JQ or BG.

I understand the rhetorical value of forming a narrative like “we’re the underdog” or whatever but I really don’t buy it personally. If SoR only got 80 more people from IRON then SoR has had the rest of this huge number of people this whole time they just haven’t been turning up for WvW.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

Okay so let me get this straight. All of this rage coming from BG about us getting a guild in a timeslot we have uncovered.

Recently Received Guilds:

BG: WM, RISE, Meow, ND, Merc
Sor: IRON, AFS
JQ: ?

So BG gets 3-4 LARGE guilds and a couple complimentary. We receive a large Euro guild and a kitten little SEA guild.

Quit your whining.

Also, updated PPT!

Attachments:

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

in Match-ups

sostronk.8167

What time is EU primetime for NA? Im an Oceanic and basically I could reverse my sleeping pattern and sleep as soon as I get home and wake up really early and play before work. But what is EU prime for NA? Is it when NA is at work?

in Match-ups

Posted by: kevinskyrider.3271

kevinskyrider.3271

I didn’t hear any BG complaining when they were ticking at 500ppt during Euro the last 3 weeks.

This week isn’t a good indicator of the tier quite frankly.

Next week is the real “new” matchup.

I don’t think anyone is necessarily “complaining”, but I agree 100% that we should all wait until things settle down. A large EU guild in NA makes a huge difference. Had some great fights earlier in the match.

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

I’m just happy for SOR’s Asian and Oceanic crew, we are finally able to hand over upgraded stuff so they can hold some territory despite being totally outnumbered. I don’t think I would have the fortitude to keep coming back day after day and carry as much weight as they do. Mad props to them!

in Match-ups

sostronk.8167

I’m just happy for SOR’s Asian and Oceanic crew, we are finally able to hand over upgraded stuff so they can hold some territory despite being totally outnumbered. I don’t think I would have the fortitude to keep coming back day after day like they do and carry as much weight as they do. Mad props to them!

I guess you don’t play during Oceanic and Asian timezones. SOR have recently quite often had the largest zerg on the map during these timezones.

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

Cant tell if jokingly serious or seriously joking.

I see no reason why you would question my sincerity I think I raised valid questions about the data I was provided as “proof” of population difference.

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I’m just happy for SOR’s Asian and Oceanic crew, we are finally able to hand over upgraded stuff so they can hold some territory despite being totally outnumbered. I don’t think I would have the fortitude to keep coming back day after day like they do and carry as much weight as they do. Mad props to them!

I guess you don’t play during Oceanic and Asian timezones. SOR have recently quite often had the largest zerg on the map during these timezones.

Not since BG got the Kaineng guilds, even last night our PPT got down to around 130 while I was on about 10.30pm AEST.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Match-ups

Masamoon.3864

Tell that to do 450+ BG tick during Oceanic and 300+ during Asian last night.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

Lest we forget, Blackgate never ever did this back when we were in Tier 2.

Just calm down for a bit. You won for two weeks. We haven’t even won one yet. I mean, as I recall, BG got their first medal by pushing hard at the end of the week. Plus there’s new content distracting people, and our morale is really high.
And even if you’re right, and SoR is suddenly some super around-the-clock server, things will hardly be different from how it was a month ago with JQ at the top winning by a bunch. As far as I can tell, neither BG nor JQ are actively disintegrating apart ala HoD or whatever (which would actually ruin T1), so we’ll see what the coming weeks hold in store.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Match-ups

Ascii.9726

SoR’s coverage got buffed by 80% but was recently nurfed by 50%.

True story.

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

I’m not sure how everyone keeps saying the PVE stuff is keeping BG down. Normally when PVE content comes out BG usually ticks higher. Its more of an effect of SoR having move Euro coverage. It also seems there is a lot more ppl for SoR doing wvw because of this moral boast. This is what I think…

Correct. The morale boost happens for every server. SOR does have hardcore wvw guilds but we also have our share of predominantly PVE guilds and players. I have seen serveral pve guilds playing wvw this week and that’s expected and hope they are having fun.

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

I just want to say that I think SoR as a server has worked really hard this week and if you guys win I think it will be well deserved. I’m not trying to take anything away from what SoR has accomplished and even though I’m naturally disappointed that BG isn’t having a great week I actually think this week has been a lot of fun pvp-wise. I’ve definitely had a lot of fun fights when I’ve gone into WvW. I’m not trying to inject negativity into the thread I’m just saying that I find some of the rhetoric a little tiresome.

in Match-ups

sostronk.8167

Not since BG got the Kaineng guilds, even last night our PPT got down to around 130 while I was on about 10.30pm AEST.

The majority of players from Kaineng have been playing in the Euro Timezone. I know alot about what has been going on from each timezone because I am currently payed to work from home and thus my employer is paying me to play GW2 in each timezone :p

in Match-ups

Zen.8497

Cant tell if jokingly serious or seriously joking.

I see no reason why you would question my sincerity I think I raised valid questions about the data I was provided as “proof” of population difference.

Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt. The reality is that you got outplayed with lesser numbers so far this week and there is no point looking for excuses. The funny thing you guys asked for a fight and you got it.
I give you just couple quotes from your server mates… different tune when BG is winning.

“Titan.3472:
Genocide.4506:
woop woop… Score Update!!!!!
Seriously BG you are the finest elite server now… I am proud of you !”
“Jonto.2160:
Zen.8497:
Just an observation, it seems better having JQ on the first place, BG it’s way more quiet so less chances the match threads get locked as well.

Then fight for it.”

“DKNS.2135
Well JQ can maybe come out and try to put up a fight atleast (if they get their energy back after the weekend overtime); SoR: not really.”

(edited by Zen.8497)

in Match-ups

sostronk.8167

Correct. The morale boost happens for every server. SOR does have hardcore wvw guilds but we also have our share of predominantly PVE guilds and players. I have seen serveral pve guilds playing wvw this week and that’s expected and hope they are having fun.

I really think the PvE thing is overrated. Most of the fairweathered PvE players only join up when they are winning and they are pretty useless when they do anyways. Its guilds and organized and dedicated WvW players that make the 99.9% diffence in WvW. PvE players are just something to waste a few seconds of my time killing.

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

I just want to say that I think SoR as a server has worked really hard this week and if you guys win I think it will be well deserved. I’m not trying to take anything away from what SoR has accomplished and even though I’m naturally disappointed that BG isn’t having a great week I actually think this week has been a lot of fun pvp-wise. I’ve definitely had a lot of fun fights when I’ve gone into WvW. I’m not trying to inject negativity into the thread I’m just saying that I find some of the rhetoric a little tiresome.

TY for the kind words…

I think SOR was the lowest ranked server of all three to rise this far. Somehow with just one coverage that happened to be during primetime NA hours we have managed to stay at T1 for this long. This in itself was a huge accomplishment and that persistence is starting to pay off as we slowly added quality guilds to our ranks.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Daaaaaang
Lookout, giant teardrops afallin! Save yer dodgerolls people!

2 days of life as SoR, wonder how long they’ll last.
How many weeks was it Blackgate? 15 I do believe..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

SoR’s coverage got buffed by 80% but was recently nurfed by 50%

What do you mean, that certain guilds left SoR?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister