Yet Even Moaarrrrrr CD/Mag/SBI 3/29

in WvW

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

To be dreadfully honest, I’ve yet to see mag hold anything without a Zerg to back it.

Mag has the power of numbers and coherency in using team skills, something I wish CD would learn overnight. But Mag needs at least 20 defenders to hold anything. Can’t tell you how many times equal teams have met at towers and after a bit of fun fighting, CD has won. But your zerg strength is beyond anything CD could dream of. I envy it to be honest.

…SBI is also free badges. I have yet to meet an SBI team that I couldn’t hammer down. No offense, just observation.

I have seen them defend their towers with just 3 people, of course, if the zerg attacking the towers grows, so do the defenders. At the end of it this is a numbers game, and they just simply have more. Nothing wrong with that. CD used to be the same way in its heydays.

And they don’t just “have numbers”, they are pretty organized too, I was contesting the keep and SMC the other day, one person slowing a whole server down, and they decided to have none of it, so they posted like 12 people all around SMC and would not let me go through to the green area. That type of effort takes dedication and organization. Most people would say “meh, this is boring I’m doing something else”.

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

To be dreadfully honest, I’ve yet to see mag hold anything without a Zerg to back it.

Mag has the power of numbers and coherency in using team skills, something I wish CD would learn overnight. But Mag needs at least 20 defenders to hold anything. Can’t tell you how many times equal teams have met at towers and after a bit of fun fighting, CD has won. But your zerg strength is beyond anything CD could dream of. I envy it to be honest.

If you’re talking about eternal battlegrounds in the dead of night, then yes, that’s just cobbled together people. Maybe 10-20 people in one mumble channel at those hours just hopping waypoints to play triage against CD. If you think we outnumber CD in the asian prime, you’re mistaken.

RE: open field, we like to have fun guild vs mag mumble against Awe at night and the scores are close, so I don’t know about the night time guys being terrible unless outnumbered.

in WvW

Posted by: Xephyron.4702

Xephyron.4702

That’s what usually happens when one defender panics and requests backup on team chat

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

I see Lynx is good at not playing on the same BL as D|ERP is raiding.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Yams.6082

Yams.6082

We had a queue for EB last night on SBI. I was so happy.

Yams One/Two/Three/Four/Five/Six
SBI

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

I see Lynx is good at not playing on the same BL as D|ERP is raiding.

Which is interesting, because I’m fairly certain it also means that Lynx isn’t playing at Bony O’clock, either…

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

in WvW

Pinko.2076

I hope SBI keeps the numbers up. Running 60 mags into 60 SBI on SBI bl was fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Yams.6082

Yams.6082

I hope SBI keeps the numbers up. Running 60 mags into 60 SBI on SBI bl was fun.

I hope so too. Back in T5 when we were having our way with DR and IoJ we had queues in EB and the borderlands. I know we have the numbers. Just because we are behind in points doesn’t mean we can’t fill up the maps during NA primetime and have some good fights.

On another note, my mostly PvE guild is starting to branch out into WvW. First guild WvW event on Friday

Yams One/Two/Three/Four/Five/Six
SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Krash.9486

Krash.9486

I kinda agree with this with but I am reluctant to generalize based on only my prospective. I have run into very skilled smaller havoc type groups from both CD and MAG. But by far the preferred MAG method seems to be massive unstoppable zergs in response to a threat on one of their keeps or north towers. The massive unstoppable zerg is also implemented in BL take overs. If you have the numbers then why not ? We were accused of exactly the same thing in T5…..that seems like a lifetime ago now o.O.

Even though the times I play (NA Prime time) MAG has the numbers advantage most of the time…sometimes coverage confuses me. Like last night MAG shows up on our BL like a red angry sea hitting keeps/towers and supply camps simultaneously with groups of no less than 20 each and what appeared to be as much as 50-60. When it started we had no where near that and were scrambling all over the map trying to defend. I was convinced we would have to give up the southern keeps to save garrison…But then we rallied, we got more people in map…but still not as many as them…and CD showed up with 30-40+ too.

We sent forces to MAG BL to pressure them there and were successful in taking Bay and some towers …but MAGs numbers seemed to drop dramatically all of a sudden. Was there a server event or did y’all go to CD BL or EB? Because normally we are met with the angry zerg when we touch your stuff…there were some just not as many as usual from my prospective.

[SBI] Champions of Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Krash.9486)

in WvW

Posted by: rice.5376

rice.5376

I kinda agree with this with but I am reluctant to generalize based on only my prospective. I have run into very skilled smaller havoc type groups from both CD and MAG. But by far the preferred MAG method seems to be massive unstoppable zergs in response to a threat on one of their keeps or north towers. The massive unstoppable zerg is also implemented in BL take overs. If you have the numbers then why not ? We were accused of exactly the same thing in T5…..that seems like a lifetime ago now o.O.

Even though the times I play (NA Prime time) MAG has the numbers advantage most of the time…sometimes coverage confuses me. Like last night MAG shows up on our BL like a red angry sea hitting keeps/towers and supply camps simultaneously with groups of no less than 20 each and what appeared to be as much as 50-60. When it started we had no where near that and were scrambling all over the map trying to defend. I was convinced we would have to give up the southern keeps to save garrison…But then we rallied, we got more people in map…but still not as many as them…and CD showed up with 30-40+ too.

We sent forces to MAG BL to pressure them there and were successful in taking Bay and some towers …but MAGs numbers seemed to drop dramatically all of a sudden. Was there a server event or did y’all go to CD BL or EB? Because normally we are met with the angry zerg when we touch your stuff…there were some just not as many as usual from my prospective.

Not sure if it was at the same time, but the zerg was walked into our spawn on CD into the SBI Portal(PS. it was amazing to watch a crap ton of players walk into it without a second thought) , then if I remember correctly EK in CD was under attack, so they all went there. What happened after that, no clue.

Bacon, Bacon, BACON!
Bubônix: Engy
Server: Maguuma Guild: [PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Yohimbe.1876

Yohimbe.1876

That must have been when I could finally breathe again for a minute. Oy, quite the night.

Chay Darkhaven – SBI
Leader of The Ethereal Guard
Huzzah!

in WvW

Pinko.2076

I guess no one from mag should point out we’ve tried to get like 8 fight clubs or group vs group going against SBI to no avail. Sure I guess we suck open field let’s just go with it.

in WvW

Posted by: Bannok.3152

Bannok.3152

LoD was probably the last guild on SBI that ran with a real plan or group make up and they are long gone. AoN was on our server briefly but left, and they looked for small outmatched skirmishes. All SBI has now is a bunch of guilds that have 4-7 participants a night hopping in whatever map, for the most part. Aside from UDL who I think already fought some guild, there isn’t any other “try hard” types left on the server. Maybe some of the solo players would rather chime in, but really we don’t have that kind of presence. LoD and SF probably the last.

Bannok – Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

o.o;; i just saw the new skins of wvw for my warrior… i wonder if they’re worth it. one looks like a knight balerina, and the other something crablike.

Really want to change the look for my norny

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

I’ve been looking at the top 1…. I haven’t decided on it, yet…

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

in WvW

Pinko.2076

LoD was probably the last guild on SBI that ran with a real plan or group make up and they are long gone. AoN was on our server briefly but left, and they looked for small outmatched skirmishes. All SBI has now is a bunch of guilds that have 4-7 participants a night hopping in whatever map, for the most part. Aside from UDL who I think already fought some guild, there isn’t any other “try hard” types left on the server. Maybe some of the solo players would rather chime in, but really we don’t have that kind of presence. LoD and SF probably the last.

You don’t need a guild to participate in fight club. Just enjoy pvp and like getting better. When people want a group at fight club, someone just says in /s if they need more, and 5 people will jump at it. We do that because wvw is pvp oriented and we find it fun.

Maguuma is winning from numbers, but the score is silly. Our roamers is dying for other roamers to fight with or fight clubs to go to. For the talk about Mag being bad open field, we need to bend over backwards to try and find people to fight at all. Most SBI just waypoint away.

edit: We’re going tryhard to try to get back to t3 at this point. Yaks hate fighting just as much as SBI, but DB has some good people that we can have fun with again.

(edited by Pinko.2076)

in WvW

Posted by: JakobGW.5730

JakobGW.5730

You don’t need a guild to participate in fight club. Just enjoy pvp and like getting better.

I enjoy roaming and I enjoy PvP. I despise these so-called “fight clubs.” Why? Because I hate standing around watching other people duel with my thumb up my kitten waiting for my turn to fight.

Also, I can’t think of a situation, ever, where my roaming group came up on another roaming group in open field, took over a minute to discuss our strategy and who we should focus first, discuss who the enemy group may focus first, what to do if they do focus who we think they will, then make sure our members have specific utilities for the forthcoming fight, and then give some signal to the other roaming enemy group that we are now ready to begin after our discussion has concluded.

That’s what “fight club” is.

If I want to get better and enjoy PvP, I much rather run with my friends, find other similar enemy groups on the battlefield, and, in the heat of the moment, discuss who to kill over hectic teamspeak, take quick note of the environment around me for protection, and then proceed immediately to fighting while also keeping an eye behind me for more enemy adds. That’s excitement and that’s PvP.

Enjoy your calculated, boring and planned “fight clubs” if that’s your thing. Just please don’t imply that others are either scared or don’t like PvP if they don’t participate.

in WvW

Pinko.2076

You don’t need a guild to participate in fight club. Just enjoy pvp and like getting better.

I enjoy roaming and I enjoy PvP. I despise these so-called “fight clubs.” Why? Because I hate standing around watching other people duel with my thumb up my kitten waiting for my turn to fight.

Also, I can’t think of a situation, ever, where my roaming group came up on another roaming group in open field, took over a minute to discuss our strategy and who we should focus first, discuss who the enemy group may focus first, what to do if they do focus who we think they will, then make sure our members have specific utilities for the forthcoming fight, and then give some signal to the other roaming enemy group that we are now ready to begin after our discussion has concluded.

That’s what “fight club” is.

If I want to get better and enjoy PvP, I much rather run with my friends, find other similar enemy groups on the battlefield, and, in the heat of the moment, discuss who to kill over hectic teamspeak, take quick note of the environment around me for protection, and then proceed immediately to fighting while also keeping an eye behind me for more enemy adds. That’s excitement and that’s PvP.

Enjoy your calculated, boring and planned “fight clubs” if that’s your thing. Just please don’t imply that others are either scared or don’t like PvP if they don’t participate.

Cool looks like someone that has never been to a Mag fight club.

in WvW

JakobGW.5730

I’ve been to plenty. I will admit I didn’t stay long because it was boring as hell.

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

because you sit there pretending to be afk, when theres like a load of mag waiting to fight someone.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

You’re arguing with the guy that says using an icon means you only like fights where you massively outnumber the enemy.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

Yeah, I noticed this too. I wasn’t sure if it was our SEA population starting to roll in or Mag disappearing (or both???), but it was eerie. One moment we’re scrambling all over the place, the next… all aboard the karma train.

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

in WvW

JakobGW.5730

You’re arguing with the guy that says using an icon means you only like fights where you massively outnumber the enemy.

And you’re misquoting the guy who simply asked the question why one of your guild members would claim he likes fighting outnumbered yet actively tries to gather allies around him with a commander tag – although I believe you actually understood me the first time but am now trying to twist things around to suit your short, snide comment.

Sorry, it didn’t work. Try again. If fact, I bet you can’t resist posting a response to this.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

And you’re misquoting the guy who simply asked the question why one of your guild members would claim he likes fighting outnumbered yet actively tries to gather allies around him with a commander tag – although I believe you actually understood me the first time but am now trying to twist things around to suit your short, snide comment.

Sorry, it didn’t work. Try again. If fact, I bet you can’t resist posting a response to this.

Nope, I can’t.

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Yeah, I noticed this too. I wasn’t sure if it was our SEA population starting to roll in or Mag disappearing (or both???), but it was eerie. One moment we’re scrambling all over the place, the next… all aboard the karma train.

Maybe the grub spawned and they had to go kill it.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Can’t tell if mocking or truly understands Maguuma.

in WvW

Posted by: warhead.2376

warhead.2376

40 cd vs 18 or so mag

Attachments:

in WvW

zastari.1730

Ahh don’t like getting your faced smashed in by mag zergs so you go ~roam~ and complain about actually getting 1v1 fights. Let me know where you roam because every time I find an equal group of SBI they go hide behind a tower !!

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Bannok.3152

Bannok.3152

Oh, I misunderstood your previous post, I thought you were looking for group or guild versus guild fights. Not sure about fight clubs, not our cup of tea per se, im sure there’s plenty of other solo class types around willing to do that stuff. I know Gravypants has been to at least one of those.

Bannok – Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

We were never able to find any GvG either. Someone from [SBI] wanted to arrange one but couldn’t find enough people on their side, or something.

in WvW

Posted by: thel.5423

thel.5423

I guess no one from mag should point out we’ve tried to get like 8 fight clubs or group vs group going against SBI to no avail. Sure I guess we suck open field let’s just go with it.

I think the problem is the people on SBI who are interested in this don’t check the official forums and those that do don’t spread the word much. I think like it’s been stated before, we prefer unarranged open field fights opposed to the sort of fights that occur at fight clubs.

I personally enjoy these fight clubs quite a bit and have missed the last few that were held. Shall we schedule one before Mag moves back up a tier? Tonight would work best for me (server time.)

Also, the battles on SBI BL at Hills last night were amazing. Thanks to all the Mags who kept on pushing that objective. Thought you guys had us for a second when you pushed inner down with the golems and has us in the lord room. That ballista and treb saved our lives though. Well fought!

Thel – SBI – [AB/iDB]

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

because you sit there pretending to be afk, when theres like a load of mag waiting to fight someone.

Typical Mag attended fightclub

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

Typical Mag attended fightclub

Tha fight club with TC was super fun^ – ^. I see myself in chat log, and even dueled that TC theif in your party you’re about to face~

I miss fight cluoobs ; ;.

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Story time guiz.

I tend to afk in keeps and upgrade them build siege and crap because I watch too much Netflix. So this same story happens to me like once a day since this matchup started. Yesterday, post patch, I was in WK CD BL with a midget just chillin and like 30+ CD came and knocked it over. The two of us tried but we were defeated! So we went to fully upped EK and sure enough they started huffing and puffing at our north gate. There were 3 of us inside. So what did I do? I asked one of our commanders who I’d seen around for halp from another map.

Me: HALP!
Xush + D/ERP + Pub Mumble: Here I come to save the day!

2 full timers later, people started filtering into EK. Gate was below half and we’d killed one ram but there were still 321231231 CDs outside. We had maybe 15 people inside.

So the CMD who came got us to stack up. We pushed out. I totally expected us to wipe. What did CD do? They turned around, literally, about face, and ran away. So we killed them all because no matter how fast you run, you can’t attack backwards. This then happened like 10 more times and then they gave up.

I hope this answers a lot of questions that have been raised in the past 2 pages of blahblah overwhelming numbers.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

(edited by kerona.3465)

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Perhaps all the Mazergma comments have warped their perspective.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Perhaps all the Mazergma comments have warped their perspective.

I’d give them Magolemga.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

I personally enjoy these fight clubs quite a bit and have missed the last few that were held. Shall we schedule one before Mag moves back up a tier? Tonight would work best for me (server time.)

You’ve got plenty of time. Mag isn’t moving up anytime soon. Not sure if they’re even trying to actually.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

zastari.1730

You’ve got plenty of time. Mag isn’t moving up anytime soon. Not sure if they’re even trying to actually.

We tried for a little while, realized we weren’t going to close the gap, then quit being tryhards.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

I was looking forward to that matchup. Such a shame.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

I was looking forward to that matchup. Such a shame.

Sea of Sorrow’s needs to die faster already; ;~

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

We tried for a little while, realized we weren’t going to close the gap, then quit being tryhards.

Yeah you guys seem to peak around the middle of the week with regards to closing the gap on SoS (got within 0.5 points awhile back) then on Thursday the gap usually widens back to 20 points or so.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

There’s a post from a day ago from a TSym person about fighting, so I think news of SoS’ death has been greatly exaggerated, for now. Once/if TSym and AFS leave, SoS will probably fall a lot faster.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

:3 That was an awesome fight. At EBG

Anyway, to commemorate, I spotted a swarm.

Night guys, fight you again later.

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Waffler.1257

Can’t tell if mocking or truly understands Maguuma.

I work in mysterious ways.

in WvW

Waffler.1257

Nooo, earlier this week you were 5 glicko points ahead of SoS, keep trying! I berieve in you Magermaderp!

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

I just remembered something. Mag, what happened to your flame ram god? Seems like you guys are worshipping the golem god more.

in WvW

Posted by: santi.7516

santi.7516

There’s a post from a day ago from a TSym person about fighting, so I think news of SoS’ death has been greatly exaggerated, for now. Once/if TSym and AFS leave, SoS will probably fall a lot faster.

The problem is that SoS feeds at night like hungry dogs and we can’t stop them, also EBG turns into a 1 v 1 between DB and SoS, CD numbers at night are barely a half of the numbers SoS can put on the field after “the fall” of SoS, and DB’s WvW population has increased considerably since 2 weeks ago, things have changed, DB’s actual coverage is 24/7 and consistent even at NA primetime.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Who came to DB that made their coverage so large at NA? Didn’t hear about this one.

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I apologize to you CD…I never thought it would happen, but I have transferred to EB. It’s nothing personal to anybody here, but since my boyfriend transferred, and I like playing with him in just about everything, I transferred as well. Which means next time you fight EB I will be on their side. I’ll see you all when we fight.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: santi.7516

santi.7516

Who came to DB that made their coverage so large at NA? Didn’t hear about this one.

Their NA coverage is not as big as YB or Mag, but it’s indeed bigger than before, i don’t know the exact details if there’s new guilds or not, but at least i would guess they have their morale pretty high and some fairweathers here and there.