Challenge Motes are bugged [merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

Maybe you could put the unobtainable item “Wynne’s Locket” on the Silverwastes Vendor, while working on the problem. I think most people who just want to finish their luminescent armor wouldn’t mind paying 10 Gold extra.

Coming to a Gemstore near you! For only 700 gems! Wow! What great value!

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

Posted by: mike.5682

mike.5682

Thanks again for working on fixing this. Also, thanks for taking the time to update us as to what is happening on your end.

Sorry I don’t really have any new information to add, just wanted to say thanks.

If there’s any screen shots or information I can provide to help with us, please let me know!

Posted by: Sogradde.8016

Sogradde.8016

[…]

You seem to have missed the part where I directed my criticism at ANet and not her in particular.
Also you seem to have missed the part where most people moved away from asking when it’s done, to proposing an alternative. Because let’s be real: We know by now how you handle problems and how you love to ignore key issues for months or even years.

After all, you treat your customers pretty badly so don’t be surprised if we don’t bother asking nicely.

Yes, it’s nice that Lauren joined the thread and yes, we are well aware of her not being responsible for bugfixing. However, throwing a bone and patting yourself on the back is not good community work. I thought you guys had learned that lesson by now.

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

[…]

You seem to have missed the part where I directed my criticism at ANet and not her in particular.
Also you seem to have missed the part where most people moved away from asking when it’s done, to proposing an alternative. Because let’s be real: We know by now how you handle problems and how you love to ignore key issues for months or even years.

After all, you treat your customers pretty badly so don’t be surprised if we don’t bother asking nicely.

Yes, it’s nice that Lauren joined the thread and yes, we are well aware of her not being responsible for bugfixing. However, throwing a bone and patting yourself on the back is not good community work. I thought you guys had learned that lesson by now.

Grow up. Honestly.

They’re working on it. Not everything is a simple fix. Especially when they’re trying to release an expansion. It’s one minor aspect to the game and the content is permanent. Go find something else to do and just wait until you see it in the patch notes.

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

people moved away from asking when it’s done, to proposing an alternative.

Different dog with different fleas?

What I mean is, if they released an alternative and it was buggy as well, can you imagine the out cry in this thread? lol if I was a developer and that happened I’d have to take a day to psychologically prepare myself.

A fix is coming for the BIGGEST roadblock, which is the infiltration bug. I’m content at this time because I expect a fix soon™.

My only concern is why it took them over a month to come back to us on the infiltration bug. My guess is they weren’t working on it (perhaps even aware of it). Then when the season 2 value pack was released, well, it was just insensitive.

(edited by FearedbytheGods.8617)

Sogradde.8016

Different dog with different fleas?

What I mean is, if they released an alternative and it was buggy as well, can you imagine the out cry in this thread? lol if I was a developer and that happened I’d have to take a day to psychologically prepare myself.

A fix is coming for the BIGGEST roadblock, which is the infiltration bug. I’m content at this time because I expect a fix soon™.

My only concern is why it took them over a month to come back to us on the infiltration bug. My guess is they weren’t working on it (perhaps even aware of it). Then when the season 2 value pack was released, well, it was just insensitive.

We still have bugs from launch. We still have broken legendaries since 2013 iirc. We still have unbearable lag in WvW. What on earth makes you think they will fix this anytime soon?

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: robotosis.4872

robotosis.4872

What on earth makes you think they will fix this anytime soon?

because

Unforgiving Infiltration – We repro’d this one and we should expect a fix “soon”

Sogradde.8016

Because they are so reliable…

We aren’t quite ready to go into all the details here, but what I can say is you will see a specific way to build precursor items on your way to a legendary. On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear in 2013. Building your precursor will require a large amount of the new crafting material rewards listed above, 500 in crafting, and likely a combination of other items earned for completing more specific content in the game.

The addition of new skills and traits on a regular basis will of course mean expanded variety of abilities, builds, and tactics in PvP as well. As these additional skills and traits are added, they’ll be automatically unlocked and available for competitive PvP just like all existing skills/traits work today.

What about new WvW abilities? About the PvP matchmaking fix? About more dungeon paths?

I’ve passed the point of trusting what ANet says long ago.

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

FearedbytheGods.8617

Snip

You came to this thread 3 days ago……

Your that guy who wants to have a drink after the bar is closed.

Just relax.

You don’t have to trust ANet but don’t bring your spam to a thread that largely seems resolved.

Come back after the patch if theirs no update and spam then.

Posted by: James Quall.6029

James Quall.6029

If salient points are spamming, what are your posts called? I’m looking at my non luminescent boots and I’m feeling like this is no part resolved.

FearedbytheGods.8617

snip

Oh please, are you the alt account?

You were here one day ago….

There are many who have been waiting much long than you have, myself included.

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Maybe in 2 more weeks itll be fixed

No.

In 2 weeks they’ll make an announcement, that they need a further 2 weeks to fix it, which subsequently will be followed by a 2 week delay.

Ignore the people that want to hyperbole.

On a more amusing note, Robotosis… I just wanna say I called it xD

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

robotosis.4872

i cry every day

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Because they are so reliable…

We aren’t quite ready to go into all the details here, but what I can say is you will see a specific way to build precursor items on your way to a legendary. On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear in 2013. Building your precursor will require a large amount of the new crafting material rewards listed above, 500 in crafting, and likely a combination of other items earned for completing more specific content in the game.

The addition of new skills and traits on a regular basis will of course mean expanded variety of abilities, builds, and tactics in PvP as well. As these additional skills and traits are added, they’ll be automatically unlocked and available for competitive PvP just like all existing skills/traits work today.

What about new WvW abilities? About the PvP matchmaking fix? About more dungeon paths?

I’ve passed the point of trusting what ANet says long ago.

Yeah… those are some pretty poor examples of how you can’t trust Anet, seeing as how they did in fact deliver or are in the process of delivering on all of those things.

Posted by: vixro.3410

vixro.3410

Been looking for a fix for a few weeks, submitted a couple bug reports…… checked back here and there after patches to see if it’s been fixed but no go.

Too bad too because I finished the rest of my set today as well.

Attachments:

Posted by: JesusOnSpeed.5304

JesusOnSpeed.5304

I’ve fashioned a little poem, based on a classic Kevin Bloody Wilson number. I hope you like it. I call it " Hey Anet, where’s my kitten Locket?"

Hey Anet, where’s my kitten Locket?
You’ve taken all ma cash and you’ve shoved it ya pocket!
I’ve played the bloody story line and listened to all the speeches
I’ve memorised the dulfy pages and killed all of the creatures
The bloody north koreans cut can through code faster than you
the whole things got so bad, Robotosis is about to spew
If I wanted a bloody aviators box, I’d have bloody asked.
As for the kitten Llamma, you can shove that up ya mast
I won’t even use the bloody amulet, it’ll probably rot in the bank
I want the bloody boots so I can look like some leet wnak
we know ya staff are work’n hard to bring about a fix
but blown on bout mergin threads is treat’n us like dciks
I know ya said its coming soon, but I’ll keep lookin every day
Hey Anet, where’s my locket? dagmabit this is hay

(edited by JesusOnSpeed.5304)

Sogradde.8016

Snip

You came to this thread 3 days ago……

Your that guy who wants to have a drink after the bar is closed.

Just relax.

You don’t have to trust ANet but don’t bring your spam to a thread that largely seems resolved.

Come back after the patch if theirs no update and spam then.

So my opinion is less valid because I didn’t post a “same problem here!!!111” in this thread 2 months ago?
I guess you’d be surprised if you knew how many people read these threads silently without posting.

Then again, please accept my humble apology for not having enough “street credibility” to join your gang of cool kids who waited a couple of days longer.

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

Someone on pvp map chat told me I suck for not being able to get the boots .. :-(

Attachments:

Posted by: Anymou.9184

Anymou.9184

I’ve fashioned a little poem…

Beautiful, it is essentially everything I want to say but I am too dumb to make the words correctly.

robotosis.4872

Honestly, I don’t care how long someone has had this issue. Soon we shall see some new faces from the people that purchased the living story bundle.

Posted by: Korinthe.8934

Korinthe.8934

Person who bought living story couple days ago, stepping in.

I started playing this beautiful game earlier this month. Having fallen in love with it, and having missed a very large chunk of the story, I purchased some gems in order to play the living story.

Sorry for being melodramatic, but this gem purchase was my first and last that I will be making. I don’t find this game very easy, and I have spent a long time – several multiples of 10, working towards getting my luminescent set. Each time I got closer; finished the Mordrem parts list, finished the Carapace boxes – I have gotten more and more excited to be closer to the reward.

Then I come to do this achievement, I spend a while scratching my head, not familiar with the game. Maybe I had done something wrong? After a couple hours racking my brain I turned to google, low and behold I find this thread.

This has been an anticlimactic end to my journey, with no indication when it will be fixed or whether an alternative will be offered in the interim.

This won’t stop me playing the game, that would be silly, but it has put me off making further gem purchases.

mike.5682

Close to the same story for my girlfriend and I also. She was a little more upset than I was when we first found out we couldn’t complete it. I told her it wasn’t that big of a deal, I’m sure they would fix the bug soon (after all it was the newest reward for the most current content).

My first post in this thread was 28 days ago. lol

In the past couple of days people from anet has also posted in this thread so it looks like it should be getting fixed soon.

Posted by: GiftUngiven.7854

GiftUngiven.7854

The problems in a company comes when the marketing/commercial department, doesn’t communicate with the “operative” department. I work in a retail shop, and when a customer buys something which is clearly BROKEN, we change the product itself or we REFUND the customer. If we find out a product is flawed, we take it away from the displays, and won’t sell it until we can assure complete functionality to our customers. And you are not following this simple rule. I’ve spent at least 500 euros i the past 3 years in this game, and i won’t be spending another single coin. Why? Because i know how to keep customers, and you don’t Anet. And you lost one of the best customers you ever had (tbh i’ve spent around 1000 euros in this game). Fixing this problem isn’t easy right? The admit your faults and take away LS chapters from the store, or temporarily disable the blocking achievement. It has been said thousand times in this thread. I’m not playing anymore, and I’m enraged because i could be still playing with my IRL friends. Guess what? Real life is pretty good, and at this point i don’t even know if im gonna buy Heart Of Thorns, because the customer service is poor and not even close to satisfactory.

p.s. glad i came back here because of that awesome poem, made my day.
p.p.s. sorry for any grammar mistakes/poor english.

Posted by: Ceraphs Embrace.1639

Ceraphs Embrace.1639

Am I the only one here who has been affected by this bug since day 1 (of the patch that broke Unforgiving Infiltration) and is not hugely upset by it?

I really, really would like a fix as soon as possible, but this one boot skin isn’t all you’re paying for when you buy the chapter. Personally I bought chapters of the LS simply because I love playing through the story instances. The Lumi boot is just ONE skin and the Carapce Boots is extremely similar (better looking IMO.)

I am doing the achievements for the Ascended chest and waiting a few weeks for 1 piece of Ascended armour just doesn’t seem like a big deal. If anyone else is super desperate for a full set of Ascendeds they could just craft it. I don’t see how waiting a little for this one set of armour skins is such a catastrophe. There are other content goals people could be working towards. I’m making a Legendary while I wait for this to be fixed.

robotosis.4872

Sorry ceraphs, but I specifically put cash down on gems to finish the lumi set. i skipped the entire story of gw2 (living story and personal story) because I find it terrible.

Posted by: Akagami.9861

Akagami.9861

@ Gaile Grey, most people here are upset mostly because it took you guys like a month to aknowledge this bug, and give us the long awaited “Don’t worry guys, we know about it and we are working on it” …. one month we have awaited for something like this (not considering the partial bug before, the permanent one)

And I hope you understand us…we are just 5 minutes away from reaching our goal, one more mission, one more achievement and Voila…It is frustrating and infuriating. Most people here are just tired of waiting, and now that someone did give us some info…well it’s like a zoo keeper going in the lions cages to feed them personally….after a month of starving them!

So thank you for your imput, i’m happy that you are working on it…i feel much better (before i felt so…ignored, it really wasn’t a great feeling).

Also putting the LS2 on the gem store, before those bugs were fixed…bad move, it’s like giving grenades to a angy mob…or a group of monkeys…you don’t give grenades to monkes…that’s silly.

Anyway wish you a good day

mike.5682

It’s more than just 1 skin.

It’s a trophy from beating the current content.

It’s a complete set of armor.

It’s achievement points.

It’s a title.

It’s a piece of ascended armor.

It’s personal satisfaction at completing it.

Sina.9208

I understand that bug fixes are often difficult to do and I have no problem with that.

Removing the achie from the meta requirements list would be an extremely simple fix & it would solve 99.99% of our problems… Historically speaking, I remember you guys removing achie requirements to make metas more reasonable, here it would remove this roadblock and it’s a lot more justified than ever before.

It’s more than just 1 skin.

It’s a trophy from beating the current content.

It’s a complete set of armor.

It’s achievement points.

It’s a title.

It’s a piece of ascended armor.

It’s personal satisfaction at completing it.

Don’t forget it glows in the dark!

Posted by: Acharyn.4738

Acharyn.4738

Am I the only one here who has been affected by this bug since day 1 (of the patch that broke Unforgiving Infiltration) and is not hugely upset by it?

I really, really would like a fix as soon as possible, but this one boot skin isn’t all you’re paying for when you buy the chapter. Personally I bought chapters of the LS simply because I love playing through the story instances. The Lumi boot is just ONE skin and the Carapce Boots is extremely similar (better looking IMO.)

I put gems into the LS specifically for the achievements. Not because It’s a good story (It’s not).

Can I have a refund ANet?

Posted by: sbrydion.9185

sbrydion.9185

Thank you for the updates and all your efforts on this bug Lauren, Gaile and the whole team! I thought that last post was well made also Gaile.

I’d like to add (although I am sure someone has mentioned it) that I am unable to access a challenge mote on this account, which has already completed the challenge mote achievement in Meeting the Asura.

Posted by: Ceraphs Embrace.1639

Ceraphs Embrace.1639

I put gems into the LS specifically for the achievements. Not because It’s a good story (It’s not).

I understand that this is very frustrating for someone who bought the Chapters ONLY for the achievements, but again, the achievements alone aren’t what they’re selling even if that’s all you find worth paying for in the LS. Also, the total AP you get from the one mote being bugged is less than 50. You get more AP from the other Achievements in the single chapter so it isn’t really fair to ask for a refund unless they take can away the AP from the Achievements in Meeting the Asura which you have completed.

If you included the total number of AP from ALL the LS Chapters, it far exceeds the 50 you are missing out on from the one mote bug. If by Achievements you weren’t talking about AP then you can ignore my post and sorry for misinterpreting.

Posted by: meekdaddy.6754

meekdaddy.6754

Maybe you could put the unobtainable item “Wynne’s Locket” on the Silverwastes Vendor, while working on the problem. I think most people who just want to finish their luminescent armor wouldn’t mind paying 10 Gold extra.

This seems like a fair temporary workaround.

Posted by: Acharyn.4738

Acharyn.4738

I understand that this is very frustrating for someone who bought the Chapters ONLY for the achievements, but again, the achievements alone aren’t what they’re selling even if that’s all you find worth paying for in the LS. Also, the total AP you get from the one mote being bugged is less than 50. You get more AP from the other Achievements in the single chapter so it isn’t really fair to ask for a refund unless they take can away the AP from the Achievements in Meeting the Asura which you have completed.

If you included the total number of AP from ALL the LS Chapters, it far exceeds the 50 you are missing out on from the one mote bug. If by Achievements you weren’t talking about AP then you can ignore my post and sorry for misinterpreting.

No, I bought one chapter. Specifically for the achievements. I had the other three for the lum armor.

P.S. Nice job, undercover ANet guy.

Posted by: hu dahala mei.6034

hu dahala mei.6034

i am the first to understand the problems involved in finding the bugs and then removing it and i respect the people working on the problem. the pressure they are under to fix this i am sure is huge. however i believe offering the wynne’s locket on the silverwastes trader is a simple temporary fix until the bug is repaired. for those of us who felt the luminescent armor was important enough to go through all the requirements ( completing all the missions, collecting all the items, and everything else involved to get it ) have completed enough to justify getting it. we have done everything else needed to get it. after all the work we have done. to be told for 3 months the bug is being worked on is a bit much. receiving the armor is bragging rights just in wearing it. in my opinion we are being told we are still undeserving of this item. anyone who now jumps in and gets it will get it at the same time we do. why not make (temporarily) the unforgiving infiltration unnecessary for the locket until the bug is fixed? i wouldn’t be even asking if it were not for the length of time we have been waiting. each day i go to metrica province to see if it is fixed and each day i find it hasn’t. each day i feel more and more that i am unimportant to anet, that the money and time i have put into this product was not of value to them.

Posted by: Mitha.7039

Mitha.7039

Gaile,

I think there’s a certain degree of feeling that ‘soon’ is patronizing and insulting. Today’s culture is one where ‘soon’ means ‘probably never’ (“when will we do something about our global political crisis?” “sooooooooon…”). More constructive and informative statements include “we’re working on it”, “we’re trying to find the root cause”, and “we’re having trouble replicating the issue internally” – those at least come across as feeling like more genuine responses. We’ve got a problem, things are broken, people on our end are frustrated. We appreciate your communicating with us whenever you can.

Sylvari roleplayers and fangirls: We’re suckers for the underdog…

Sina.9208

This seems like a fair temporary workaround.

Wish they saw reason :/

Posted by: Gorath.8306

Gorath.8306

I am in no mood for playing guild wars anymore. First time for about 8 years of that game series. Why? Because of bug that could be very easy fixed by adding one item to merchant. It is ridiculous.

Posted by: Starmandeluxe.8730

Starmandeluxe.8730

“I am in no mood” , such indignation! There are so many other things to do in GW than hang about the forums and bemoan a bug. Personally, not being an ArenaNet developer and not having the full picture of the situation, I’m not about to start jumping to conclusions about what the developers should or shouldn’t do to solve it.

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Bumping to remind everyone it is currently impossible to get lumi armor

Posted by: Brera.6759

Brera.6759

come on .. i just need this for complet all and get my set T_____T""""""

i cry all day all time =(

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Why AN cannot add Wynne’s Locket to any merchant’s list for example Priory Historian (Bandit Crest Collector)?

The technology just isn’t there yet.

robotosis.4872

bootless and empty inside

mike.5682

Why AN cannot add Wynne’s Locket to any merchant’s list for example Priory Historian (Bandit Crest Collector)?

The technology just isn’t there yet.

lol

Sina.9208

Friend of mine just checked this, asura challenge mote still broken for him as well .. :P

robotosis.4872

some of my guildies are starting the achievement hunt. i feel bad for them

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

Wow so I just bought gems to unlock the episode and now I find out it is bugged?

WOOOOW…….

I will try to write a ticket for a refund this cant be serious they sold me bugged content wtf o_O

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Gaile,

I think there’s a certain degree of feeling that ‘soon’ is patronizing and insulting.
… More constructive and informative statements include “we’re working on it”, “we’re trying to find the root cause”, and “we’re having trouble replicating the issue internally”.

You mean just like they did?
They specifically said that they could repro some of the problems, and they are looking on how to fix, BUT they can’t or doesn’t have an ETA for those fixes, so what else can they say besides “soon”?
How you would make the post below better w/o using “soon”?

QA has been looking at these for a long time, for a few months and since this thread was new actually, and our major problem is that we just don’t get them to reproduce on our internal environments… or for our personal accounts on live.

Unforgiving Infiltration – We repro’d this one and we should expect a fix “soon”

Dancer in the Dark/No Refuge/World Summit – We’re no repro on these, and it’s difficult with the thread merges for my guys to find out if these are still problems or there’s another step we’re missing. If you are still not getting these challenge motes any additional information (did you skip around in the story, etc?) you have would be really valuable.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Sina.9208

How you would make the post below better w/o using “soon”?

This would have worked with me:
“We cannot promise an early fix, but we understand the seriousness of this blocking issue, as such we will remove the Unforgiving Infiltration achievement from the Seeds of Truth Mastery & try to push this change to live as soon as possible”

mike.5682

Wow so I just bought gems to unlock the episode and now I find out it is bugged?

WOOOOW…….

I will try to write a ticket for a refund this cant be serious they sold me bugged content wtf o_O

Here they come.. and the community raged at us when we tried to make warning threads on reddit and the general forums..

well friend, welcome to the club. Pray with us that it will be fixed soon or some work around for the achievement is created =)

mike.5682

Another week is gone and another week this has not been fixed. I have been waiting over a month now talking about this nearly everyday in game and on multiple forums. Not sure what else I could do to bring more attention to this so it gets addressed sooner.

Let’s keep it near the top of the front page I guess.

More posts!