Issue Reports: Heart of Thorns [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Rylen.2147

Rylen.2147

The itzel vendor underneath the city Tarir seems to have a bugged option for sale. You can buy one obsidian shard for 25 airship parts and just below is another option to buy ONE shard for 125. I assume the second option is supposed to be 5 shards in bulk but right now it only sells one for a higher price.

Attachments:

Posted by: Rifled Yolks.2097

Rifled Yolks.2097

Scout Acan seems to be bugged. You can not press “F” and talk to him. he just continues to play his banjo.

Posted by: skeeman.3140

skeeman.3140

I encountered two issues with boss fights bugging out in Hearts and Minds.

The Eir fight (bugged out in my favor)
I defeated Gairm at the edge of the room. Eir kept trying to rez him, but she just kept going in and out of the crouch down pose. It took a while because this didn’t put her in a vulnerable state, but I was able to whittle down her health.

The Canach fight
During one of the phases where Canach was supposed to reflect grenades because the boss went invuln, he just stood there doing nothing. Since he won’t reflect, the boss stays invuln. After I died, he started running around again, but the boss still had the invulnerable buff, so I had no option but to log out.

Posted by: Onizuka.6983

Onizuka.6983

Hello, checking in with everyone. I have a few updates to share. There will be more later but I wanted to hit these first:

Rally to Maguuma – Stuck
We know there’s another issue around the mission and are actively tracking this bug. We have had some reports that the following might fix the problem:

• Zone out of the Silverwastes and back in (to PVP or to Dry Top, etc).
  • Change your active story step in the Journal and then back again.

OOM crashes

• Please continue to send your crash reports via the in game crash reporter with details about what you were doing and your system specs.
  • The in game reporter is the best way to report crashes as they go directly to the programming team.

Scout Acan

• This issue is being tracked.
  • We have some reports that Acan only is broken on some megaserver instances.

Story Mission 14 – Sign Cutting

• Itzel Poison Lore was removed as a requirement.
  • If you are still stuck please zone out to another map, such as PvP or Lion’s Arch, and then come back.

I have tried zoning out, I spent some money on gems to purchase a different story to switch to and back. All no luck as of now.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Halloween 2012 and 2014 achievements went missing

The old fractal rings from back when you could get +5 infused rings are not upgradeable to the 3rd infusion slot.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Druitt.7629

Druitt.7629

Mac El Capitan 10.11.1, crashes about every 20 minutes under graphics load: crowded scene, bring map up or down, zoning into a new area. Right now, I restarted it and am locked out: process sitting in the background doing nothing — not downloading or anything.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

The SCAR scrap cannon frequently fails to charge (gets stuck at 4) blocking progression in this chain.
May be related to it dying – the engineer never seems to finish repairing it

Posted by: Eternal Is Sektor.9034

Eternal Is Sektor.9034

4 days and I still can’t play the story thanks to prologue bug.

Posted by: Titiv Toluk.3160

Titiv Toluk.3160

Fractal weapon skin’s collection still dont work properly
It doesnt count my previously opened skins exsept spear

Posted by: Kaga.7629

Kaga.7629

The storyline quest “Prisoners of the Dragon” crash-bugs the moment I liberate Eir and Faolain. I see that there’s some kind of tree/wine snapping and the game tries to do a cutscene of some kind…. and instead ends up crashing. Tried 3 times over the weekend with several “must-patch” revisions not fixing the issue.

Fractal weapon skin’s collection still dont work properly
It doesnt count my previously opened skins exsept spear

I confirm i’m having this issue as well.

—Kaga Konikora (aka ze evil frostkeep defense director)
Beware, for Commander Kaga farms j00, ktrainer!
r.i.p [iLL] Maguuma

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Hello, checking in with everyone. I have a few updates to share. There will be more later but I wanted to hit these first:

Rally to Maguuma – Stuck
We know there’s another issue around the mission and are actively tracking this bug. We have had some reports that the following might fix the problem:

• Zone out of the Silverwastes and back in (to PVP or to Dry Top, etc).
  • Change your active story step in the Journal and then back again.

OOM crashes

• Please continue to send your crash reports via the in game crash reporter with details about what you were doing and your system specs.
  • The in game reporter is the best way to report crashes as they go directly to the programming team.

Scout Acan

• This issue is being tracked.
  • We have some reports that Acan only is broken on some megaserver instances.

Story Mission 14 – Sign Cutting

• Itzel Poison Lore was removed as a requirement.
  • If you are still stuck please zone out to another map, such as PvP or Lion’s Arch, and then come back.

Thank you for the update. Looking forward to the fix for the OOM issue. I’ve seen a fair share here on 64-bit systems, so it’s not just the 32-bit issue.

Just to be clear, I’m not promising fixes – or even fixes on a timeline, even though a great many of the items I comment on on the forums do get fixed decently quick. I make sure our issues are tracked and escalated to the proper people and then I get my board with nails in it out.

A lot of the things I don’t comment on get fixed too but we would need 3 of me to be able to respond to all posts all the time.

ok now brb finding some wood to knock on to avoid the jinx…

I know you’re not promising fixes, but the simple fact that they are aware that it’s not just 32-bit OS Potatoes and it’s happening to some 64-bit systems and they are looking probably makes a lot of us feel better.

It’s complex code, it’s all linked, and I doubt the teams intention was to suddenly lock a lot of low to mid end machines out of the game.

Thanks, just keep us posted if they got anything incoming or we can try specific things in game on our end to help them test.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

Posted by: Signet of Forums.4397

Signet of Forums.4397

OK. I tried to start over by playing chapter 13 and then going back to 14. Now, it’s saying I need Poison Mastery again for 14.

I came here to report this same bug. It can be remedied by going back to the character select screen.

The reason I even switched chapters in the first place was because of a different bug: I activated the second marker in chapter 14 and it registered as having that step completed, but the next step didn’t start. (It worked correctly the second time, after I reset the chapter.)

Therefore we proceed to write a sig.

Posted by: interloper.6892

interloper.6892

Coztic Itzel Belongings Hero Challenge (in Verdant Brink) – the 3 adds don’t spawn, only the Bladedancer, so the challenge can’t be completed

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

I have 10 alts and belong to 3 guilds, 2 personal bank guilds and 1 real guild with about 500 members. I cannot get guild chat (with the real guild of course) to work, either send or receive. I tried both of the guild channel selections, the 2 for my bank guilds didn’t need testing. My guild mates names show in gold so I know I am representing the guild I am trying to communicate with. Guild chat worked prior to the HoT release, which I own.

Posted by: Horo.7395

Horo.7395

Been playing story with my friends.
Sometimes an Act will not grant Mastery point on one of us.

It didnt give me any Mastery Point on Strange Observations and The Predator’s Path.
While my friend didn’t get theirs on City of Hope.

Yes I checked, not only the Green thing didnt pop on right hand corner, It didnt add on my HoT Mastery Page too.

Posted by: lorephoenix.9185

lorephoenix.9185

Just a heads up. I keep finding these ancient itzel totems in VB and i can pick them up, but nothing else happens (i’m at 3 or 4 at this point) and the item no longer appears in the world. i’ve noticed that the next two zones have collections happening, which are bascilly like this, only they i get i notification saying i found x/y type z-things and an achievement point. Are these supposed to be part of collection as well?

Out of darkness, light.

Necro/Reaper, Rev

Posted by: agenciq.8043

agenciq.8043

Guild Hall Bug:
Spending influence for boosting aetherium mining does not work.

Please fix and refund the enormous amount of influence people wasted on this <3

Agentka
Former TXS Alliance Leader,
now Northern Lights EU community Leader

Posted by: Coryphaeus.8790

Coryphaeus.8790

So, here’s a good one for thieves. In the old world (tested in Straits of Devastation), if you go swimming with one of the Daredevil dodges equipped, when you emerge from the water, your dodge goes back to the normal animation and loses its effect.

Bounding Dodger:

- The animation returns to a normal dodge
- You lose the Leap Finisher
- You retain the damage increase buff after dodging

Dash:

- You retain the damage reduction buff after dodging

Impaling Lotus seems to work the same. The underwater dodge animation for Impaling Lotus is also working fine.

Regards,

- Coryphaeus

EDIT (10/28/2015): After a little more time in the old world, it seems that this bug just happens. It doesn’t have anything to do with swimming; the new dodges simply deactivate after the first one. I haven’t tested whether it’s a time thing or if you get one and done.

(edited by Coryphaeus.8790)

Posted by: sunoftitans.6295

sunoftitans.6295

I am having trouble starting Chapter 3 of the story. I was playing with my girlfriend and she wa able to talk to the guy, but I don’t have a marker over his head so I can’t proceed. Please help. I am posting an image that shows I have the mission and the npc doesn’t have a marker. Thanks!

Attachments:

Posted by: nos.5318

nos.5318

Also getting the Guild Chat bug. When ever i try to use /g it says im not in a guild. Despite repping a guild and seeing everyone in gold. Really screwing with guild communication.
Oh this just started today. Was working fine since HoT launch.

(edited by nos.5318)

Posted by: Tyme.1067

Tyme.1067

Sticking in the “Sign Cutting” Mission 14.
I’ve stuck on every sign at least one time it seems.

You get to where the sign is, but the progression from filling the bar to finding the thing doesn’t happen and I just stand there with a grey, filled out bar and nothing to select and interact with.

Sorry if it seems vague, trying to not spoil.

Tyme
-the Virtuoso | 80 Mesmer
-the Mercurial | 80 Daredevil

Posted by: angryangel.8541

angryangel.8541

So, any word on the extra character slot at all? Has anyone actually received theirs? I have heard of plenty of people who have not.

Posted by: Fester.9328

Fester.9328

Experiencing a lot of lag during Hearts and Minds chapter as well as the one before it. I don’t usually have issues with this, not even during big fights in WvW.

And the game keeps crashing during the Hearts and Minds Story.

(edited by Fester.9328)

Posted by: ceemonster.5679

ceemonster.5679

Crashes since the latest patch have gotten worse. :/ Was doing it every 15 to 20 mins. Now I’m down to 4 in a half hour.

Posted by: courin.2314

courin.2314

As of build 54595, the Enchanted Treasure Chest is missing from the home instance in Black Citadel.

It does appear in Rata Sum, the Grove, Divinity’s Reach, and Hoelbrak. It’s just Black Citadel that does not have it!

(edited by courin.2314)

Posted by: Kazimeras.3420

Kazimeras.3420

I’m going to try to keep this vague as to avoid spoilers. In the last boss fight, if you die during it, and retry, the boss will start the fighting using all of the abilities he uses up to the phase you died in. So if you died in the 3rd phase, and start over, he begins the fight using abilities from phase 1, 2, and 3.

If you’re in a group, the last phase is also impossible to finish if the group leader is dead. We had to wipe and retry. When we retried, he was using every ability, including sending the minions he does in the final phase. We managed to beat him, but it seemed to have essentially skipped back to the last phase almost instantly, including his health percentage.

Posted by: Rydik.5814

Rydik.5814

Fractal collection bugged, i have 16 skins in wardrobe, while only 12 in collection…

Posted by: Ammorth.3604

Ammorth.3604

I am unable to stick my Crystalline Band (Infused) and Red Ring of Death (Infused) ascended rings in the mystic forge (chat codes [&AgHokAAA] and [&AgHrkAAA]). Although I’m not 100% sure, they should be rings that were originally infused via the mystic forge recipe. I noticed a few of my characters had the same problems with their berserker rings as well. I tried moving the rings to another character, adding and removing infusions, etc and couldn’t find a way for them to show in the mystic forge recipe. My other rings in my inventory are visible (even while in my 20 Slot Safe Box) , I’m not sure why these are not.

Posted by: Blackwood.9072

Blackwood.9072

-snip-

OOM crashes

Lauren, where exactly is the in-game crash reporter? When I experience crashes my screen freezes for a moment and then goes to my desktop. I’ve never seen an in-game crash reporter. I do see a support link on the menu when I press escape and I can submit a bug, but there is not category to submit crashes. Am I looking in the wrong spot to provide a crash report?

Posted by: Lordluen.2701

Lordluen.2701

Non Game Breaking Bugs that are very inconvenient for guilds.
Guild Rushes
- Cannot start multiple rushes at once.
- Need to wait till the end of the rush before getting a reward (meaning the whole guild did it in 5 minutes and we sat around for 25 minutes more waiting to get the reward).
- Ending flag does not always work, requiring a player to run through it multiple times (it took me 3) before it works.
- No end chest. Not sure if this was intentional, but if it was on purpose, the message saying there will be an end chest (appears after 15 people have finished and you are not one of those 15) should be removed.

All of these problems were made manifest when we had 3 guild rushes this week. The rushes (which took us a collective time of 15 minutes of actual playing) took us 50 minutes because we had to wait for them to end before starting the next one.

Possible solutions:
1. Allow more than 1 rush to work at a time.
2. Give people their personal reward as soon as they finish the rush (like it used to be).
3. Give guild reward when the mission ends and the correct number of people have finished (regardless if they are still in the map or not).
4. This is a simpler solution, only allow 1 guild rush to show up in a particular week (negating the issues of running more than one rush at a time).

Guild Treks:
Treks end as soon as all of the points have been found. Thus if it is a 5 point trek, only 5 people can get the reward. Thus if a large guild wants to do treks, they need to repeat the mission many, many times.

Thanks!

-Luen

(edited by Lordluen.2701)

Posted by: GoldfishOverlord.4963

GoldfishOverlord.4963

I am having problems with chapter 14 as well. I have tried relogging, zoning out to Lions Arch as well as several other places. I have also tried quitting the story then restarting it. Poor Rox will not have me follow the trail for now….

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

The Broken Insight story mission in Rata Novus has a couple of bugs that I’ve found so far:

Intro cutscene bouncing player character: https://youtu.be/V6v_Kl6k5yE
Broken Taimi: https://youtu.be/tHJIysJgvIs

Posted by: Arro.6852

Arro.6852

Still issues with Following Rox’s Trail (story mission 14, Sign Cutting). Tried all solutions (relogging, restarting the mission, going in and out of the map) but nothing works. It keeps bugging out, sometimes at the start, sometimes at the last trail.

Posted by: Pastry.4915

Pastry.4915

Mayatl the Fierce, Itzel Mastery 5 does not appear to be working correctly.

After talking ot the Itzel Bladedancer NPC, he spawns without an event. After killing him, about a minute later, an event popped up to defeat him, but he does not appear a second time.

Level 80 – One of Everything

Posted by: Saga of Ilthire.6315

Saga of Ilthire.6315

Spoilers:

In the story episode Hearts and Minds, when you’re fighting the boss, I’ve encountered a few bugs:

-The rift that your ally spawns doesn’t go away between R. and M. You can still channel it, but it does nothing. Didn’t happen my first time, until I died to the boss. Happened every time after.

-Rocks seem to not be dodgeable in the glider portion

-Ran into a bug when I went on an updraft, and I couldn’t move forward, just sat there hovering until he wrecked me with a rock

-Died literally right after the glider phase 1, and on my next attempt the eye thing that shoots all of the bullets was active. He also was using his skills from the R phase, which he shouldn’t be

Cannot complete and blocking progress

Posted by: Sciurid.3472

Sciurid.3472

Rewards from personal story and events are sometimes not appearing in my inventory. The reward might list 4 items, and I’ll get 2, for example. Thoroughly reviewed the bags to make sure one wasn’t collapsed.

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

Hearts and Minds is still unplayable. Is it possible to have my 2 celebration boosters refunded as they both went to waste in my multiple attempts to finish this instance? Zero experience for 20 tries, and bugged every time.

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

Rewards from personal story and events are sometimes not appearing in my inventory. The reward might list 4 items, and I’ll get 2, for example. Thoroughly reviewed the bags to make sure one wasn’t collapsed.

On this issue… look at the description of the items… I noticed the things that supposedly upgrade the backpack are “consumed immediately” though I didn’t see the effect. The mastery bags are auto consumed as well and you should see that on your exp bar.

Posted by: wasniahc.9471

wasniahc.9471

my healing skill slot number6 went away been 2 days several relogs and it still hasn’t come back. all it does is square keeps flashing but no image in square

Posted by: Saga of Ilthire.6315

Saga of Ilthire.6315

If you go to the heart of the mists in the middle of the hearts and minds mission, it puts you under the map and you can’t waypoint or get out. A GM saved me >>

Posted by: Aries Of Ragnarok.1365

Aries Of Ragnarok.1365

So, here’s a good one for thieves. In the old world (tested in Straits of Devastation), if you go swimming with one of the Daredevil dodges equipped, when you emerge from the water, your dodge goes back to the normal animation and loses its effect.

Bounding Dodger:

- You lose the Leap Finisher
- You retain the damage increase buff after dodging

Dash:

- You retain the damage reduction buff after dodging

Impaling Lotus seems to work the same. The underwater dodge animation for Impaling Lotus is also working fine.

Regards,

- Coryphaeus

YES! It’s very very annoying. I notice it happens when you change areas within a map. And Impaling Lotus reverts to the normal dodge roll for me, still flings daggers, but no whirl finisher.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Still existing story achievement bugs:

• Avoid Traps achievement in Strange Observations. I avoid all of the orange circles,make it to Taimi, and do not get credit. The icon still shows that I am eligible.
  • Cleaning House achievement in Buried Insight may be bugged. I have 31/32 and was unable to locate the last one after scouring everything.
  • Untethered achievement in Bitter Harvest is bugged. I scale the helix without getting hit by the vines and do not get the achievement. I should also note that I’m never given the buff that I’m eligible upon entering the instance.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

So are there plans for adding Bank collection for Scribe items? Cuz it’ll be pretty hard to devote time into it without one.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Llethander.3972

The Broken Insight story mission in Rata Novus has a couple of bugs that I’ve found so far:

Intro cutscene bouncing player character: https://youtu.be/V6v_Kl6k5yE
Broken Taimi: https://youtu.be/tHJIysJgvIs

Posted by: ruddog.9563

ruddog.9563

when I try entering guild hall I get booted said instance owner has left returning you back to verdant brink.

Llethander.3972

Bristleback’s F2 is broken: https://youtu.be/W4fmgBG1oeU

Posted by: Levantera Loopie Do.5670

Levantera Loopie Do.5670

Sorry if this has been brought up already but I received no map completion reward for completing Tangled Depths 100%.

Posted by: Soupinator.6970

Soupinator.6970

I have discovered the cause of the Pact Commander autoloot crashes: Invisible bags. I am unsure if any other special type of inventory bag may cause crashes as well, but this is what was doing it for me.

Posted by: Bloodlust.3672

Bloodlust.3672

Please keep the music playing during the loading screens.

Posted by: mjospina.8619

mjospina.8619

Preventing Advancement. Stuck in Story "Prologue: Rally to Maguuma (Check in with Marjory and Kasmeer). Went in with a party and completed (Enter the Pact staging area.) before checking in with Marjory and Kasmeer without realizing what I was doing then since my party member’s thing popped up.

Now there is no option or way for me to go back into that story instance.

Attempted:

Quit this chapter.
Continue this chapter.
going to different chapters and back to this one.
teleporting to friend (cannot teleport to a tutorial instance).

Any help would be appreciated. I’m just stuck