Issue Reports: Heart of Thorns [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Aragorn.5462

Aragorn.5462

Avoid Traps achievement in Strange Observations is still bugged! I attempted to do the work around that others had found by triggering the trap after everything (having gotten to Taimi without triggering any) and that is apparently fixed. Getting frustrated that I cannot complete my story achievements :/

Posted by: Daewind.1072

Daewind.1072

Last quest: Hearts and Minds.
Three times we have tried. First time the owner was suddenly gone and we had to restart from scratch (we were near the end). The next two times it was because there was no rift at the end phase in the fight with Modremoth. So, due to bugs (surely the last two times) I have played the last quest 3 times with no result. Each time the fight was not far from the end. It is necessary that the bugs are removed if you want to have a playable game till the end.

Posted by: Nienna.5387

Nienna.5387

Posted by: agmmagm.6295

agmmagm.6295

Hi Tarir Meta event challanges/east side challange someone use ogre pet whistle at the challange how is it even fair dear anet?

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

Final story boss fight bugs . . . again.

Duoing the final story instance with Canach and Bram playing a Reaper (myself – “instance owner”) and a Mesmer. Killing Mordy just fine – ran into the horrifically bugged glider phase and we both died a couple times to that (no surprise). By now you know sometimes you run over them and they work other times try in vain as your character gets slowly downed and dies.

Finally got Mordy to the final stage – I’m the instance owner and I’m in the penalty box. The Mesmer player cannot get help from either Canach or Bram. At my suggetion Mesmer suicides off the side of the platform – is teleported back and Canach rezzes her. That has unstuck him before but not this time. Bram is still a lump doing nothing. Mesmer tries to suicide again at different location closer to Mordy – is teleported back to the exact same position (doh) and still Canach is not unstuck. Finally resigned to doing it all over again – Mesmer suicides in front of Mordy. Canach doesn’t move to rez her.

We reenter – and it appears to have reset as per normal. We beat down Mordy again and Rytlock appears and – thats when it takes a turn for the weird. Suddenly Mordy is back at his final stage position and we got waves of Mordrem grunts (seriously felt like far more than the previous run through – it was like an ocean of them). So we beat down Rytlock and the grunts – Mesmer flips Rytlock and I use the rift on Mordy. Burn phase goes normally except that now Marjory is in the fight as well. One more round of grunts plus Marjory to beat down (not certain if we ended up flipping Marjory or not). Burned him again and completed the instance.

Best part: We both got “Flights of Fancy” awarded.

Suggestion: Turn the jets into bouncing mushrooms and put as many updrafts in the instance as there are currently. Jump on the mushroom set to vault the player in a high arc to another mushroom, open glider mid-jump and glide to the updrafts. That way you are using two mechanics that players will be familiar with and it will probably work better than the current situation where the drafts are just unreliable. If you’re on mushroom you take damage just as if you were on the ground.

BTW – The whole “penalty box” mechanic is just obnoxious. If you are going to use that mechanic and send people there – let them reenter after a period of time.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Posted by: muletoad.5216

muletoad.5216

My guild hall which is lvl 30 is unable to place any of the arena obstacles like walls and turrets. I have gotten the upgrades and it wont allow me to select the walls or turrets when I try to place them. Also prior to HOT we had guild catas already now we have the guild cata upgrade but my scribe cannot craft them.

Posted by: Omg Its Kayla.6479

Omg Its Kayla.6479

Last story mission:

After we killed the Pale Tree, no rift appeared. Had to restart. After we killed Mordremoth, it wouldn’t let us complete the mission. Had to restart again.

Posted by: Ganon.5428

Ganon.5428

not sure if this has been brought up but for the last few weeks (while trying to get my bladed armour chest) the Verdant Brink Outpost: Pact Encampment event “Destroy tendrils and their source” bugs out every time after killing the first of 6 tendrils, I hope there’s a fix on the way or a workaround because it’s getting a little ridiculous now.

Posted by: Zaxov.1846

Zaxov.1846

I been having an issue that started when i logged back on after a patch mid HoT. Every time i load a new area, or the game has to reload for any reason, the game freezes while loading.

I usually hold control-alt-delete until the windows 10 security options pull up, launch task manager, and force a screen focus shift to task manager.
After I do this the game loads into the area while in the background, but when i alt-tab back in or click on the game the skybox is discolored with visible edges, textures and effects fail in general, and/or the water effects don’t fully load leaving one layer of smooth checkered rises and dips.

I usually just exit the game from the in game menu at that point but the game is unplayable because of this seeing as it happens every time i have to load an area.

My rig is
Intel Core i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz
12 GB of Ram (11.89 usable)
Geforce GTX 860M Driver version: 361.43
Windows 10 (latest update as of this post)
installed on an ssd

Please help! I love this game. Its literally a masterpiece. I just want to be able to play again.

Attachments:

(edited by Zaxov.1846)

Posted by: Instabile.2965

Instabile.2965

Can’t run game !! Please help I’ve given you another 100 Euro, if I can’t play please return my money back dears.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Can-t-run-on-Mac/first#post5883757

Posted by: SpiritOfTheSea.9481

SpiritOfTheSea.9481

hello,

I was trying to do the last instance Hearts and Minds with my engineer each time I try to enter the Instance I get the same error which is : InstanceCreate failled. Error=1036. Product=9. Module=18. Line=624.

Even if I try in group with other people I can’t enter (same error)

Iv’e tryed at different time of the day and I get this all the time since 2 days. It’s a bit annoying…

Posted by: titan.6432

titan.6432

Just wanted to say Thank you for fixing so I could get my mastery points…..Have a wonderful new year……..

Posted by: Kasted.1305

Kasted.1305

Leveled up a revenant via tomes of knowledge to 80 and none of the mistarmor collections have been unlocked except for the helm. All masteries are done including the elite mastery. Submitted a bug report and was asked to post in here for assistance.

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

We still can’t upgrade Ascended Armor or Weapons in the mystic forge to Trailblazer’s stats. All the other stat sets appear to be working, just this one set is completely broken. Looks like we’ll make it all the way to 2016 without fixing it; is that what’s happening? It’s pretty annoying. Does anyone at Anet know that it’s broken?

For reference: the Exotic Trailblazer’s Insignia & Inscription simply do not show up in the Mystic Forge’s UI at all when using the Mystic Forge. There is no option to add them to any recipes whatsoever.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

(edited by Otokomae.9356)

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

As far as I can tell, the Feast Recipes for all of the new Food Items from Heart of Thorns are BROKEN. Is there some new Feast Recipe for just these foods that hasn’t been listed on the Wiki yet? If not, and if these Foods are supposed to be using the same Feast Recipes as all the Food Items that were in the game before Heart of Thorns, including those from Silverwastes and Dry Top, then the Recipes appear to be bugged, as they are not showing up in the Mystic Forge as options at all.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Posted by: eleutheria.5396

eleutheria.5396

Herd the pygmy moas for Nevermore (pt.4) STILL BUGS. What the hell, people? Who decided to pick events that are regularly BUGGED for a LEGENDARY? Particularly one where the trigger for it to bug is PEOPLE?

Fix your kittening mistakes. You charge 50$ for the expansion and we get this?

Posted by: daft inquisitor.1605

daft inquisitor.1605

@eleutheria: This kind of attitude helps no-one, and solves nothing. Take a step back, calm down, and come back later.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: Moon.7310

Moon.7310

Story: Hearts and Minds

After bringing Mordremoth to the last phase, I defended Caithe and Braham who opened the rift. I used the rift… and then nothing happened. Mordremoth invincible and nothing that could be done.
Freaking kitten… this fight is obnoxious enough but then not being able to finish is just really annoying. How the heck can this bug still be in there -.-

Posted by: Kiara.3179

Kiara.3179

Hi, I have a problem with the personal story “Buried Insight” in HoT. It is always get stuck at the same moment, right before I have to go searching for the ancient dragons. Nothing happen and I do not know what else to do.

thanks in advance for your help

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Is Ice Spike with Quickness ever going to get fixed? It’s been broken for months.

Posted by: Aldaryn.4376

Aldaryn.4376

The story line Strange Observations , Avoid the Traps I can not get the achievement no matter what I do… Anyone else have this?

This happened to me as well. You can get it by actually triggering BOTH traps and then running past the enemies that are spawned. Kill the wolves quickly to open up the way to Taimi and after you reach the room you will be granted the achievement despite not having the Qualify buff.

I tried it this way. CONFIRMED. achievement acquired. Anet, fix this plez.

80 Human Thief 80 Charr Warrior
80 Asura Elementalist 80 Norn Guardian
80 Sylvari Mesmer 80 Human Revenant

Posted by: ekkue.3754

ekkue.3754

in hearts and minds while fighting mordremoth, the blighted npcs still take condition damage when they become dazed and immune to other damage.

this means that if you do not use the rift before conditions take the hp to zero, they will die completely and disappear

they do not respawn, the rift stays open and mordemoth remains invulnerable. only option is to kill yourself and restart

Posted by: benny.1796

benny.1796

Since the forums search-function never worked for me, i will obligatory add this bug to this list: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Sentinel-Whiptail-and-HOPE-IV-Crafting/first#post5888685

Sentinel Whiptail and his whole meta event chain are still bugged what interrupts the HOPE IV legendary collection.

Posted by: munkaybiznaz.8067

munkaybiznaz.8067

I have been opening this chest at the end of oolas old lab for a week and still haven’t gotten Oola’s Study on Ancient Magic. Everything else has been a guaranteed drop, i see no indication that theres a %chance for this item.

Posted by: SgtWantCuddles.5284

SgtWantCuddles.5284

Crash → Error Report → Desktop. Maybe 30 seconds before killing MordreMouth in Dragon’s Stand. Has happened twice now, both before and after 32-bit client update. (Though update did almost completely eliminate crashing for me elsewhere.) When I restart the game and log in, I can’t rejoin my squad/party, and get the following error:
“Network Error.
Please check your Internet connection and try again.
(Code=178:9:13:2932:101)”

I get that Anet doesn’t want people to reap what they do not sow, but surely it wouldn’t be too difficult to have some kind of flag on someone who crashes to let them back into the Dragon Stand map that they just spent literally an hour and a half completing? And then they get no loot. It’s very frustrating and it makes me not want to do any of the larger event chains.

Before people comment on it, I can’t use the 64-bit client because it hardlocks my entire PC, much worse than a CTD, and I’ve seen some people post that they have the same issue even with the 64-bit client.

Posted by: Kautious.4052

Kautious.4052

I currently can’t seem to change zone/map.

Details:
As I created a human noobie character and started doing the prologue quest, right after killing the earth elemental, the game tried to port me to Queensdale, but got stuck at the loading screen for ages until the game told me that it lost connection.

I then tried to play my lv80 guardian (he was in divinity reach), and I tried to teleport to Queensdale. Again, stuck on the loading screen.

I’ve already killed the earth elemental 4 times.. don’t think I’d bother killing it anymore…

Should I just deinstall the game? :/

Posted by: MiniMeepo.4130

MiniMeepo.4130

Necromancer → Reaper: The weapon used in Reaper’s Shroud is hammer type.
I have completed the achievement “Hammer Master” while killing mobs in shroud.

Posted by: Helga Wolfhook.5029

Helga Wolfhook.5029

My HoT story does not advance at Predator’s Path. Found all of Taimi’s disks, claimed my rewards but can not proceed the game.

Posted by: Ojay.2840

Ojay.2840

Guild Hall Arena Bugged… Can’t place obstacles

Posted by: justcope.5376

justcope.5376

I am in Dragon’s Stand and have waited patiently twice to start the Northern Assault event. On both occasions, the dragon knocks everyone down (I think this is supposed to happen), it then goes to a cut scene, boots me from the map I was on, and sends me dead to a point near the entrance of the map in base Pact Base camp. I have done this while in a party and also while not in a party. Is there a trick to it or is this a bug? Yesterday I had to join a friend who was already doing the event just to find at the end, what I think is another bug after fighting the dragon. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted by: Charles.3064

Charles.3064

Unsure if it’s already been reported, but there’s issues with the “Crusader’s Pack” Collection’s item dropping from the Heart of Thorn’s story missions via the end mission rewards. I’ve received the mission reward item “Resilient Vigil Belt” from chapter 7, but I haven’t received the “Golden Vigil Buckle” or the “Waterproof Vigil Padding” from chapters 10 and 13, respectively. I have yet to complete chapter 16 “Hearts and Minds” to see if the final reward item drops or not.

The character I’ve completed them on is, in fact, a member of the Vigil. And the missions have been completed on said character. Unfortunately recompleting the missions on the same character did not grant the items. I haven’t tried it on another character yet, but I’d prefer not having to do the missions over again if I can help it, due to the fact I should have received the rewards previously.

(I’ll update after I complete chapter 16 on the character to verify if I did or did not receive the collection item.)

**Update 1: It showed up on the rewards screen but did not count the “Dragonvine Vigil Strap” as being obtained in the collection. This is the same thing that happened with chapters 10 as well as 13’s items.

**Update 2: I forgot to mention I picked the “Recruit Pack” initially as well.

**Update 3: Apparently it’s a character specific bug. I just went through on another character that selected the “Recruit Pack” initially and it is giving the collection rewards on it, upon chapter completion.

Ferguson’s Crossing
— Fox —
Forgotten Honor [FH]

(edited by Charles.3064)

Posted by: MissMijo.3048

MissMijo.3048

I keep getting kicked after completing an event chain on a map. I keep missing out on the end chests because it will just give me an error and shut down the game. This happens about 90% of the time, I only had a few times where I did not get kicked.

Posted by: Najur.4321

Najur.4321

After today’s hotfix", action camera mode is bugged. Before i only had to turn it on once a day after i logged in, but now it keeps turning off after all teleporting and cutscenes. It’s very annoying, pls fix that ASAP.

Posted by: Serena Sedai.3064

Serena Sedai.3064

I was working on the scholar’s pack achievement which rewards an exotic tier “Scholar’s Pack” backpack with selectable stats. However, the item is soulbound to the person opening which not obvious that this would be the case. I expected it to be account bound and then soulbound on equip like most other exotics. The mistward armor used to be like this so I suspect this is just an oversight.

Posted by: SuperHeroineNisa.3546

SuperHeroineNisa.3546

I’m getting constant disconnects and can’t do any solo instance to continue the story on Heart of Thorns. So I’m stuck as everytime I reach almost the end it just disconnects me. Didn’t happened before, game works fine and doesn’t disconnect me when I’m on the open world.

Posted by: Gilthas.6523

Gilthas.6523

When doing a Guild Bounty Guild Mission today, no guild member got their personal Guild Mission chest. The first target got activated by a different guild, the second and third we activated ourselves. We did get the “event complete” messages, and the Bounty targets did get checked off in the panel in the Guild dialog/screen, but none of us got a chest from taking down a target (where everyone did get a chest from the first target found when doing the Guild Trek missions just before).

Seems like this isn’t working as intended…

Posted by: rong.9521

rong.9521

I need to return of my shared inventory slot,
Because the price I bought 3 + 1,1890+700 gems
but I need to buy five grid.2800 gems.

So I need to get a response plz
and thanks.

Posted by: Nogothanc.5014

Nogothanc.5014

Story Mode: Hearts and Minds

Defeated the vision of the pale tree in downed state while Caithe healed me.
I was not brought back to my feet as vision of pale tree was defeated.
Talking scene apeared. Got fully healed. Rift apeared.
Option to activate rift apeared.
Press F and animation of activation is shown but nothing happens at the end.
I can activate the rift infinite times but am stuck in the level.
Frustratingly stoped playing story mode.

Posted by: Alas.8456

Alas.8456

Though I did the mission for it and unlocked several of the traits and skills, my mesmer still cannot wield any shield (gives the error “shield use requires chronomancer elite specialization” or something along these lines, can’t remember exactly) or any of the skills I unlocked. I cannot choose chronomancer specialization in my build tab, either.

Oh, also my character still appears a “mesmer” in the hero tab, so I guess even though I started the chronomancer skill tree and got the achievement for it, the elite spec was not assigned to my character..

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

Tangle Depths achievement Friends of the Frogs, stage 2 Defend the Hatchling Beetles, seems bugged. Several attempts and no luck. Defending the grubs as they hatch into beetles works fine, but seems to roll directly into stage 3 of the event chain where you round up the beetles. I went to wait out stage 2 at the beetle pen and several red hyleck spawned in the beetle pen I believe and I fought them prior to one attempt so perhaps the spawn timer is off? Does the event occur someplace other than the beetle pen? Will try again after reset over the next few days in the hopes that will fix it.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Posted by: jesters.9406

jesters.9406

More “Hearts And Minds” bugs here.

We’ve been at this 2-3 hours now…

DCs everywhere at different points; there’s nothing wrong with our home network.

Sometimes gliders wouldn’t deploy.

We finally beat Mordremoth, and were trying to listen to what Trahearne was saying after the battle and the instance owner (me) was kicked suddenly so we neither got to hear the end of the story nor get completion for the rewards.

We tried again for the fourth or fifth time, we decided to try picking NPCs we hadn’t used before so we wouldn’t be bored and frustrated…and we got DC’d again during _more_content we hadn’t seen before and had to start over.

This turns out to be very frustrating, not because of the content itself, but because of bugs.

Nghhh… :/

(edited by jesters.9406)

Posted by: tippolit.3591

tippolit.3591

Have experienced crashes 3 consecutive times on a high end computer at or after the final battle in Dragon’s Stand. Twice while doing nothing more than collecting pods afterward and once before I could retrieve the chest after an hour long battle. Very frustrating. Reports sent in each time as prompted. This is a recent development, perhaps since the patch.

Posted by: MommaBear.6570

MommaBear.6570

Story: Buried Insight – Taimi is stuck at ‘Follow Taimi to the draw of ley energy’.

Posted by: undergroundjerk.9541

undergroundjerk.9541

The Outpost: Noble Crash Site in Verdant Brink events will sometimes get stuck on 6/7 of the nobles being found, but all of the nobles have been rescued from the vine cages. Currently Merula still has the shield icon over her head but isn’t triggering the completion so the crash site can’t be done. Not sure if it’s always her, but it always is 6/7 when it gets stuck.

Darkhaven | LOFT | LEET | Gloomcroft | Asturlon | Xiudri | Anthaurion

Posted by: PirateHell.1079

PirateHell.1079

Bug and Confusion for “The Way In”

First the confusion: I got lost. like really lost. The first star points to a way that you can’t go from where you finished the last instance. My party ended up wandering around forever and when we finally got where we were going we had uncovered the whole map. I don’t know if it was just us or not, but an intermediary star would have been nice.

Now the bug: When I was gathering Chak Enzymes the Veteran Nuhoch Stomper who lost his bag would tell me to go get it for him, but the star over his head never moved, and the Nuhoch who said he could sell me some wouldn’t actually sell anything. I still have no idea where his bag was supposed to be. I got around it by just killing chak.

Other than those problems though I love HoT. Thank you A-Net

yes

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I was able to complete The way In and Buried Insight today without many issues. Sadly the clues for finding some things are a bit odd and difficult to figure out why they don’t work. Like the Nuhoch npc who lost his bag…never progressed so I completely ignored that and got chak enzymes by just killing a few of these bugs.

Got into the area neatly once I realized I was looking for a round-like blue door to use the enzyme on. Finished up the instance with Tami in the abandoned city with few problems. Found out using my ranged attacks with my bristle back and allowing the npcs with me to do some of the fighting in close worked well.

Following Tami around to setup the killing ray was easier if I ignored all but the bugs following Tami. They were very weak.

However, I was not able to embark on Sign Cutting and found that the clues are really hard to find. Even using my control button to see if anything lights up did not work…so plan on going back later after a good night’s sleep and trying for a map without an event running on it.

Suggestion from one of my guild mates was to go to center of each green circle and search outward from there…..she said she found most of them almost directly in the middle with a bit of swaying back and forth.

Not a fan of time limits on things as I like to take my time doing things and actually enjoy the encounters rather than be rushed through them. So we shall see how this works.

Posted by: Lionhearted Soldier.3861

Lionhearted Soldier.3861

Super Adventure Box Warhorn…the sound effects do not work whatsoever on the Tempest. I mean, is that not the whole idea behind owning it? The awesome sound effects! Please fix Anet!

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

This surely has been reported before:

The meta-event in Auric Basin bugs out in 10-15% (that’s the percentage for me, twice today alone) of successful completions and this for all players on the map, so usually full maps.
After killing the octovines the players will get the chests for killing the octovines (in case of a failure they don’t) and the grand exalted chest are still accessible (also not accessible if map fails) but the map description will say, that the map failed and the event-reward-chest will only give 1 key and less materials instead of 7 keys and 75 map-specific materials. This means people do a big event successfully and then do not have the means to get to their reward, as no keys means, they cannot get their loot.
Interestingly enough the final “failure” reward chest does not include the actual participation at the moment of the “failure” but takes the percentage before fighting the octovines.

People tell me, this bug exists since day 1 of HoT. As this affects whole maps all the time in this major HoT-event, it would be good if this could be prioritized.
Sorry about the mistakes, English isn’t my native language.

Posted by: kKo.3046

kKo.3046

Greetings, I recently got HoT, and was around Tarnished Treetop -area jumping around, after I started gliding, the gliding meter didn’t move at all, and I was able to glide until I hit ground ( In attached file screenshot #17 shows how far I moved ), and when I hit ground I died. Seems like even though I was able glide ‘forever’ after the real timer expired it was concidered as falling.

I don’t know why this happened.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ailsan.6327

Ailsan.6327

I failed to receive a Mastery Point for completing HoT Chapter 10: Strange Observations. I believe I may not have gotten one for Chapter 9: The Predator’s Path either, but I’m not 100% certain.

I just finished The Predator’s Path and did not get a Mastery Point. I know I have gotten Mastery Points for previous quests, this is the first one I noticed I didn’t get one. I also want to add I never got the little floating green Mastery symbol above my minimap. I did report this in-game.

(edited by Ailsan.6327)