Issues with character art, weapons, or armor?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Red Elements On Gas Mask

• Item: Gas Mask ‘Tower of Nightmares’ Meta Reward
  • Species: Asura (possibly all)
  • Class: Used on Medium Armor

Description: Another armor piece that has unintended red elements on it.

• Bright red elements around the edges of the rivets on the front
  • Bright red element at the very back of the helmet under the strap
  • Bright red elements at the sides

The red elements are brighter and more apparent in some zones over others due to the lighting.

It has also been confirmed by other players that they are able to see the red elements on my character as well, so it is not an issue of only being visible to the user or related to local hardware/software configurations.

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Abomilath.1358

Abomilath.1358

Race: Norn
Sex: Male
Class: Guardian
Item: Stag Chausses

Issue occurs in the Stag cultural armor leggings. While running with a greatsword drawn, the character’s left heel will clip through the back of the coat. I have tried with several boot types, but the clipping seems to occur regardless; in the screenshot I am running barefoot.

The armor looks cool but this little glitch is going to drive me nuts now that I know it’s there!

Attachments:

(edited by Abomilath.1358)

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i have a problem with the profane armor, this bug is in the game from point one but i got sick of it not being fixed yet.
every time i use a dark color it changes in something quite light, some colors even change in a completely different color.

as you can see, i applied the standard red on the armor, however, the armor it self turns orange.
please fix this.

Attachments:

Posted by: Obsidian angel.9863

Obsidian angel.9863

- Character model issues (textures, effects…)
Race: all
Sex: all
Class: all
Infinite Toxic Krait Tonic
I made this tonic expecting to look like a larger version of my Mini Toxic Krait, with the aura included. Much to my disappointment, the tonic does not have the aura or general glowy-ness that the mini and mobs have.

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Race: Asura
Sex: Female
Class: Engineer
Item: PvP Priory Boots (Medium)
Description: Dye glitch/inconsistency. The main bottom-portion of the boots (a fairly large portion of it) remains fixed to one reddish color and cannot be changed. It looks bizarrely out of place compared to the rest of the PvP Priory set which have no fixed colors. Take a look at attachments to see what I mean, I’ve never come across anything else like it.

Why I think it’s a bug, if you look at GW2 Wiki screenshots it clearly COULD be changed at some point: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Priory_armor_

I re-crafted the boots 3 times, it’s always the same. No runes added or anything, tried dye remover, different weapon/armor combinations (or being naked), still no luck. I REALLY want to wear these boots but that fixed color is making no sense.

Thank you.

Attachments:

Posted by: Elegante.6235

Elegante.6235

Class: Warrior

The shield is the COE token shield. The chest piece that it’s conflicting with while sheathed, is the stag chest (norn cultural tier 3 chest). The gloves that are halfway thru the shield while wielded are the cultural tier 2 norn gloves.

Attachments:

Posted by: Elegante.6235

Elegante.6235

AC longbow’s ghosty effect dissipates when a shot is fired. Pretty lame bug- this longbow is a very cool skin :/

Attachments:

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

marjory’s dagger skin is not animated like in the preview window in the gem store when it is sheathed. which is kind of disappointing as I spent 600 gems on that. Please either change whichever representation is incorrect thanks

Attachments:

(edited by blakkrskyrr.7413)

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Race: Human

I’ll assume this is a bug, since I don’t recall seeing a patch note about this nor a developer post about upcoming changes discussing the change and why it was made.

The running animation has changed, and it looks terrible, to me.

While I understand some people like the new animation, without any discussion or patch note, it’s a bug, and should be fixed, as those of us who enjoyed the previous animation, have enjoyed it for some 13+ months, and possibly made character race choices based on ‘all’ aspects of the character race.

At the very least, the 2-handed sheathed weapons are ‘way’ off, and if there is some sort of political, socio-economic, values reason as to why the running was changed, there should be ‘no’ reason why sheathed 2-handed weapons should be swinging around wildly while running. With the old animation, sheathed weapons moved very little, with the bottom half of the weapon never crossing over the right leg while running (or ‘very’ little). Now, it swings across the entire leg all the way to the center, and it’s annoying.

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

Armor: Embroidered pants

The pants cuts my character in half. This happens a lot with armor leggings.

Are these getting fixed BTW? I see a lot of players with characters cut in half.

Attachments:

Posted by: WINDoSt.5973

WINDoSt.5973

Armor: Transmutated “Auxillary Powered” armor

Issue: As you can see on the screenshot the lighting of the hair is all messed up, it’s like the back of her head is completely reflective and somebody is shininy a flashlight on it from underneath. Removing the armor fixes the problem momentarilly, after a single step it’s back. This appears in every area of the map, not just Lion’s Arch.

Time it first appeared: I was on a Guild Wars 2 hiatus for about 2 months, so I don’t know when this started to appear, but when back then this bug wasn’t there.

Attachments:

(edited by WINDoSt.5973)

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

Armor: phalanx armor
Race/gender: human male

I’ve already reported this clipping issue and it’s still not fixed. This armor is for sale for 800 gems (10 euros). It would be nice if this bug was fixed.
Here is the link to the original thread, with PLENTY of screenshots:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/New-phalanx-heavy-armor-BUGGED/first#post3136016

(edited by Fjandi.2516)

Posted by: Katsu.1708

Katsu.1708

Race: Sylvari

Character model: “Cross-eyed” graphical effect due to shaders.
It happens at nearly angle and appears to be because the
shaders on the left eye (or her right) are missing.

This is the same model of sylvari face that is used on the story
NPC Carys, however it does not occur on her model.

Really, really hoping this can get fixed. <3

Attachments:

(edited by Katsu.1708)

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

The oldest, known, clipping bug in the history of GW2 is still here.

Weapon: any offhand weapon

Attached is a screenshot that I posted on this forum in May as well. This was the link.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Extreme-clipping-with-fused-dagger

Yea, my fused dagger is inside my knee. Any off-hand weapon will be inside your left knee. People that wield Howler on their female Norn have reported this for months and months. Most of the time, they can’t see their legendary because it’s inside their leg.

Any update on this yet? I have reporting this since March. Any expensive offhand is a waste for female Norns as it will be inside their knee most of the time.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Human Medium T3 Leggings Clipping
Item: Assassin’s Leggings
Species: Human
Class: Medium Armor
Description: Character’s skin clips through several areas of the Assassin’s Leggings.

• Two areas of clipping in the crotch
  • One area of clipping on the back of the left leg

Other Character Details:
Height: Shortest Possible
Physique: 3rd in the top row

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Arkaic.6350

Arkaic.6350

Class: Elementalist

Casting animation during dagger 1 fire skill Dragon’s Claw while moving has the upper body doing a 360 degree twist but the legs keep moving forward. This gives an image that the asura is breaking their back to cast the spell, looks very awkward.

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

After today’s patch, my T3 medium Sylvari armor (Firstborn) has become purple, although my character’s skin is green and brown, and the dyes are green and orange. I tried every possible color on the coat, can’t get it to match the character skin at all, weird colors keep appearing.

Meanwhile, the T1 medium boots (Evergreen) still clip through the character’s feet, and still show some unchangeable green areas (although my character’s legs are brown, and all the dyes are brown and yellow).

How about letting us actually dye the armor the color we choose, instead of making some weird arithmetic between the character’s color and the dyes, that somehow turns yellow, green and brown into purple (and / or makes half the boots green although my character’s legs are brown)?

Or, if for some reason you can’t or don’t want to fix them, add a way to return the items to the vendor and get a refund.

- Al Zheimer

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Race: Charr

Every greatsword impales my character while stowed. The chest piece that they are clipping with is a Warband Hauberk (tier 1 cultural), but most clip through my characters back itself.

Please help, this is embarrassing enough with my felblade, but I’m close to getting Twilight, and I want to be able to show it off when I do.

Attachments:

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Abomilath.1358

Abomilath.1358

Every greatsword impales my character while stowed. The chest piece that they are clipping with is a Warband Hauberk (tier 1 cultural), but most clip through my characters back itself.

Please help, this is embarrassing enough with my felblade, but I’m close to getting Twilight, and I want to be able to show it off when I do.

I concur. Stopped using T1 chest armour for this reason; it just looks terrible with greatswords.

While we’re at it – can we do something about his tail clipping through the sword every time he does that “tail flick” animation? It happens with a lot of the larger, brutish style swords and it’s these weapons that suit the Charr best.

Posted by: Evert.9052

Evert.9052

Armor : Nobleman’s Heavy Armor

Dye and Overall texture of the set is wrong.

The same set looks clean and new on the Sergeant Soto in Township of Claypool
(Queensdale) but it looks dented and dirty on players.
Please fix it (clean it).
If this is intended then consider this its Nobleman’s armor not beggars armor , nobleman has gold for panel beater.
Its the same no matter what dye I use or what settings I run.
Also the legs clip a lot but there have been post about that 7 months ago nothing has been done.

Attachments:

Posted by: Evert.9052

Evert.9052

Fixing it myself.

Armor : Nobleman’s Heavy Armor

This has been reported in a old post on the old thread long ago he even said that it is a scaling problem but nothing was done.

I am fixing it by now using a body type I am not happy with , but its beter than armor clipping.

tbh it would be nice of Arena Net if they could send me a new Total Makeover Kit .

I have been using this armor for over a year , I spent a lot of time trying other armor but even with the problems it has ( and it is a big problem for me) its still the best armor skin for me , I like it a lot more than T3 so pleas fix it .

Attachments:

(edited by Evert.9052)

Posted by: Dragsooth.4071

Dragsooth.4071

Armor: Noble’s Mantle (From Caudecus’ Manor token vendor/Light Armor)

This has been in the game since launch and it COUNTS as extreme clipping. I gave been submitting bug reports since launch as well. I even posted in the older clipping thread. I want a remedy to this, it ruins this piece of armor.

The back of the neck is where the clipping happens.

Almost all light armor chest pieces will clip through the shoulders neck.

Attachments:

:3

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Profession: Necro
Armour Set: Hall of monuments light armour/Vigil Axe

As you can see in this picture this weapon clashes with the armour. In this picture my char was doing his animation but even just standing perfectly still the axe is half hidden due to the clipping.

Attachments:

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Ballantine.9645

Ballantine.9645

Fractal Longbow flexes only some of the time
Armor: Charr Cultural Heavy T2 and T3

Issue: The Fractal Longbow’s firing animation only goes off roughly 20% of the time. Most of the time when it is fired the string is drawn but the bow remains static. Occasionally the animation will play where the bow flexes as the string is drawn. This has been the case for my Charr Warrior since I acquired the skin months ago and has been confirmed by my Asura buddy so it is not only a Charr problem.

Attachments:

Posted by: seekerking.2875

seekerking.2875

The fishnets from my barbaric legplates clip into my barbaric boots on the inside of my left leg. Please fix.

Attachments:

Posted by: Elfylia.2074

Elfylia.2074

Item: Norn T3 Cultural Armor Top (and pants, maybe)
Class: Ranger

The T3 cultural armor top looks amazing with the pants from the same set. You can see 2 emblems on the right side.

However, if you put on a pair of pants from another set, the emblem will be replaced by the texture of the pants. And in some cases (with the Svanir pants from HotW), it would even show a bright red color, which may indicate missing texture.

I think the problem might because the texture of the emblem on the top piece is mapped to somewhere in the bottom piece. (I’m not so sure about the terms, but hope you get what I mean :p)

Would you please fix it, so that I can give my Norn a pair of warmer pants.

Attachments:

(edited by Elfylia.2074)

Posted by: Septave.8042

Septave.8042

Issue: Light Cultural Armor, Tier 3, hair clipping

It’s pretty sad (though probably unavoidable) that the Sylvari Light Cultural Armor has clipping issues with pretty much every hairstyle available to the Sylvari. but specifically the ‘drooping flower’ exclusive hairstyle on the tier 3 shoulders.

Perhaps the hairstyle could be… prioritised somehow? It’s a shame to have to hide the shoulders when it looks so pretty from the front.

Screen provided.

Attachments:

(edited by Septave.8042)

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

Posted by: dominik.3240

dominik.3240

Class: Mesmer

Issue: The head of my character sometimes becauses invisible. This happens if I use the skill Blink OR after i get out of invisibility (e.g. via skill Decoy).
The head stays invisible for a view seconds (1-10) before it gets visible again.

Additional information:
- This also happens with other armor sets.
- It only happens sometimes (about one out of 15 time).
- The head piece of my armor is set to invisible

In the example from the screenshot i used the skill Blink (as can be seen in the skill-bar).

Attachments:

Posted by: Vulcanite.3012

Vulcanite.3012

Armor: Light

Boots from Morro [Merchant]
Legs from Ulog Sindersson [Merchant]

I love the look of the HotW chest and legs with the feet from SE since it all looks a bit more like heavy armor but there is an clipping issue. I think the SE boots has clipping issues with any dress-like pants.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kara Nelidiar.6795

Kara Nelidiar.6795

Armor: Pit Fighter

Issue: Not a big problem here, but when my guardian does amplified arms movements, some vertex of her top armor aren’t well assigned to her skin. It creates weird holes in the armor, so she’s sad she can’t enjoy her new look while slaying beasts…

Attachments:

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Problem: Elementalist Eye’s disappear after traveling via Waypoint (inside same map and outside of map) and when reapplying the headgear after coming out of the water.

This has existed for a while, but took me some time of noticing it to find out what was causing it. You can toggle the headgear on and off, or relog and it will reapply. Or sometimes it will reapply (rarely) after you have changed maps enough.

My Sylvari uses a Stone Eye transmuted on a Exotic armor piece. But I have heard reports or this happening with any of the Elementalist Eyes.

This started occurring after the initial fix to Elementalist Eyes to show up on transmuted items.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Armor: Drover Helm (Charr T1 Medium Cultural)

Problem: The 3rd new Charr female face introduced with the Wintersday Patch has its eyes positioned in such a way that they do not fit properly into this helmet (and I suspect many other helmets with a closed-face style). The eyes are noticeably below the eye holes of the helmet, so you can just see the very top of the eyes through the holes (and making it so that logically, your character can’t see out of the armor). I checked every other face, both old ones and the other new ones, and this is the only face that has this issue.

Its a shame, I really want to use that face, but I can’t justify using it when it does this with my armor.

Attachments:

Posted by: Renzar.8312

Renzar.8312

Class: Thief
Armor: Medium Armageddon Shoulderpads (lvl 80 Req.)

Area in which it was Acquired: Cathedral of Glorious Victory
NPC Vendor: Tactician Deathstrider
Map: Straits of Devastation

Problem: The shoulder pads interfere with my backpiece (Fractal Capacitor (Infused)).

Please, it took me some time to make it so I’d really appreciate it if you could fix it.

PS: I’m posting the toons that I have and have visual bugs and that bother me

Attachments:

Renzar.8312

Class: Thief
Armor: Stentor Leggings (Medium) – same skin as Aidan’s Leggings or any other “Named Leggings”

Acquired at: Black Lion Trading Company

Problem: My leggings interferes with my dagger (Moonshank)

Attachments:

Renzar.8312

Armor: Whispers Shoulderpads (Req. lvl 80)

Area in which it was Acquired: Sanctum of Secrets within the Chantry of Secrets
NPC Vendor: Armor Requisitioner Betje
Map: Bloodtide Coast.

Problem: The shoulder pads interfere with my gloves (Inquest Gauntlets – from Crucible of Eternity).

Attachments:

(edited by Renzar.8312)

Renzar.8312

Weapon: Seraph Shield (Req: lvl 80)

Area in which it was Acquired: The Upper City – near Seraph Headquarters
NPC Vendor: Seraph Outfitter
Map: Divinity’s Reach

Problem: The shield interferes with my gloves (Orrian Gauntlets – Arah dungeon)

Attachments:

Posted by: Knaifhogg.5964

Knaifhogg.5964

Human Male, Grenth Backpiece clips through Grenth Hood. C’mon son.

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Posted by: Enyri.3915

Enyri.3915

Class: Necromancer

Issues with new female sylvari faces in Makeover kit:

The two of the new faces have pretty unattractive clipping issues with all Necromancer start masks (Skull Masque, Demon Masque, and Wraith Masque).

I would also appear that the third new face has a issue where the eye color selection if “off”. Choosing purple results in green, turquoise in red, etc.

Attachments:

(edited by Enyri.3915)

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Female Charr New (awsome looking!!!) faces!

Most Headgear not fitting properly.

Most of the headgear doesnt fit very nicely onto the new faces. Many things appear to be placed very high up onto the face, resulting in a hovering look om masks and Eyes being partially hidden. If there are Eye-openings in a mask, the holes are in the wrong position.

Apart from this, there are the old issues such as clipping ears, horns etc…

I’ll attach 2 Pictures as examples… ( I have MANY though)

Example one: High placed mask… Most of the “bandit masks” behave in a similar manner
Example two: Clipping…..

Attachments:

Kima & Co

Posted by: Gabe.3976

Gabe.3976

Class: Ranger
Issue: I purchased the Dreamthistle Longbow. When I got it, it looked great. I’ve been alternating between it and my Fused Longbow, so I hadn’t looked at it in a little while. Today, when I changed my dye job, I switched back to the Dreamthistle Longbow, and I noticed that there’s now this weird, detached, floating bowstring. It only appears when the weapon’s equipped; it doesn’t appear at all in the preview window. The effect is not good; the transparent nature of that segment of the bow makes it look like the bowstring is some kind of weird prim artifact.
The way it looks in preview (which is as it did before) is great. Can it be changed back, please?

Attachments:

Posted by: xXDeathwingXx.1837

xXDeathwingXx.1837

Their is and issue with T3 Asura heavy armor depending on you ear size i clips through the helmet. I mean spending over 100 gold and then your ears clip though the top of the helm is kind of lame so please could you fix it.

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Eagle Gauntles LeveL 60 (Hand Armor, Rare, Heavy, Norn)
Shields LeveL 60 = Dire Orrian shield of water (Rare), Carrion Flame Guard of Wate (Rare), Dire aureate targe of water (Rare), Shaman`s norn shield of water (Rare), Carrion verdant shield of water (Rare)

Problem: See in pictures.. You can see part of his glove outside of the shield

Attachments:

(edited by Biohazard.7523)

Biohazard.7523

Sentinel`s Draconic Gauntlets 80 LeveL Exotic, Heavy, Hand armor

Shields: The Mad Moon (Exotic 80lvl), Cragstone (Exotic 80lvl), Cinderspire`s Tactics (Exotic 80lvl), Pact Tower Shield of Force (Rare 80lvl), Dire Ceremonial Bulwark of Rage (Exotic 80lvl), Dire Orrian Shield of Rage (Exotic 80lvl), Carrion Tribal Shield of Rage (Exotic 80lvl), Kryta`s Embrace (Exotic 80lvl), Wall of Thorns (Exotic 80lvl), Guardian of the Six (Exotic 80lvl), Guild defender (Exotic 80lvl)…

Problem: See in pictures.. You can see part of his glove outside of the shield

Biohazard.7523

Eagle Chausses (60 lvl Leg Armor, Heavy, Rare)
Eagle Greaves (60lvl, Rare, Foot Armor, Heavy)

Weapon Focus 60 lvl: Beaded Icon (Rare), Bereserker`s Focus of Debility (Rare), Carrion Flame Focus of Water (Rare), Dire Aureate Charm of Water (Rare), Dire Orrian Focus of Water (Rare), Shaman`s Norn Focus of Water (Rare)

Problem: See in pictures.. Some parts of the weapon are in his leg.

Attachments:

Posted by: Scorpius.4532

Scorpius.4532

Sex: Male (issue may also exist on female)
Profession: Warrior and Guardian
Armor Set: Heritage (Pauldron)

Description: The size of these pauldrons is grossly out of proportion with the rest of this armor set. The size of the pauldrons looks to be for Norn when equipped by Sylvari (Note that my male Sylvari was created with the maximum height for his race). And as a result there is an very obvious gap between the chest armor and the shoulder armor.

1st Image: Hero Portrait showing the size of the Heritage Paludrons
2nd Image: Shows the massive gap between the left shoulder and chest armor pieces of the Heritage set.
3rd Image: Shows the massive gap between the right shoulder and chest armor pieces of the Heritage set.
Attachments:

Attachments:

Biohazard.7523

Sentinel`s Draconic Legplates (Exotic, Heavy, Leg Armor 80 lvl)

Weapon Focus 80 lvls : Adam (Exotic), Apothecary`s Pearl Conch (Exotic), Arcanus Obscurus (Exotic), Carrion Legionnaire Symbol of Rage (Exotic), Carrion Tribal Focus of Rage (Exotic), Corrupted Artifact (Exotic), Dire Orrian Focus of Rage (Exotic), Fellsprout of Dreams (Exotic), Gaze (Exotic), Infinite Wisdom (Exotic), King`s Remembrance (Exotic), Knowledge is Power (Exotic), Mystic Artifact (Exotic), Sentinel`s Focus of Peril (Exotic), X7-10 Alpha (Exotic), Pact Focus of Force (Rare), Giver`s Krait Star (Rare)

Biohazard.7523

Yakkington`s Legplates (80 lvl Exotic, Heavy, Leg armor)

Weapon Focus 80 lvl: Godswalk Enchiridion (Exotic), Corrupted Artifact (Exotic), Mystic Artifact (Exotic), Sentinel`s Pearl Conch (Exotic), Carrion Tribal Focus of Rage (Exotic), Infinite Wisdom (Exotic), Dire Orrian Focus of Rage (Exotic), Carrion Legionnaire Symbol of Rage (Exotic), X7-10 Alpha (Exotic), King`s Remembrance (Exotic), Knowledge is Power (Exotic), Sentinel`s Focus of Peril (Exotic), Pact Focus of Force (Rare), Giver`s Krait Star (Rare), Shaman`s Norn Focus of Air (Rare)

Biohazard.7523

Giver`s Gladiator Legplates (80lvl Rare, Leg Armor, Heavy )

Weapon Focus 80 lvl: Fellsprout of Dreams (Exotic), Godswalk Enchiridion (Exotic), Corrupted Artifact (Exotic), Mystic Artifact (Exotic), Sentinel`s Pearl Conch (Exotic), Shaman`s Etched Artifact of Rage (Exotic), Carrion Tribal Focus of Rage (Exotic), Infinite Wisdom (Exotic), Dire Orrian Focus of Rage (Exotic), Dire Ceremonial Focus of Rage (Exotic), X7-10 Alpha (Exotic), Carrion Legionnaire Symbol of Rage (Exotic), Poyaqui`s Noggin (Exotic), Sentinel`s Focus of Peril (Exotic), Pact Focus of Force (Rare), Giver`s Krait Star (Rare),