Issues with character art, weapons, or armor?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: arkenstone.7896

arkenstone.7896

When hovering my cursor over a player I saw this diamond/cube appear around a character. Based on my best guess it is Mjolnir. I had them switch weapons and it went away so it is the weapon.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zoria.1392

Zoria.1392

Charr
Female
Elementalist

Item: Hellfire Mantle

Please, can these be reduced in size (bigger than her head) and attach to the shoulders instead of float in mid air?

Thanks!

Attachments:

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Race: Human
Class: Any medium armor

The Order of Whispers pants do not quite connect to the upper torso leaving a visible gap.

Attachments:

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: ndrangles.5183

ndrangles.5183

Charr
Female
Guardian.

my charr’s arm clips through this WvW Pit Fighter top.

Attachments:

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

Posted by: ndrangles.5183

ndrangles.5183

oh, and by the way:

Attachments:

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

Posted by: thegreatbronk.6890

thegreatbronk.6890

Problem affects; Human Female Thief

I made a post about this earlier but I felt the need to update it as I have discovered more problems with the hood and the character’s head coming through it. The problem occurs when;

- Character is standing still and starts that idle Animation Sequence NO weapons drawn

– Character has Short-bow drawn

– Character is firing Short-bow

– Character is Mining

– Character is Logging

- Character is doing idle animation sequence with pistol + dagger drawn

Updated problems;

- The hood now has clipping with the characters head when simply strafing left and right.

- The characters head turns too far in any direction the hood doesn’t follow the heads movements.

Pictures Illustrate This

I guess a quick solution would be to not wear the hood, but I’d like to see this working properly and I am just letting you guys know about the issue. We’re talking about an iconic thing for the thief, and it’s something you get from the beginning of the game that doesn’t work properly. Just bringing the issue to light. Thanks!

Attachments:

Redeemer
Badly Mannered – YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/c/BadlyManneredSRRYXOXO

(edited by thegreatbronk.6890)

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

- Armor art issue (clipping)
- Character art issue (clipping)

- Human (m)
- Light Armor
- 1. Hairstyle

Just look at the screenshots and you will see the issue.
Happens with nearly all headpieces in combination with this hairstyle.

Suggestion:
Implement a new version of all armorpieces who clipping with the the hair and cut them at the “right places”, so they aren’t clipping anymore. (for example look at last attachment)

Attachments:

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

(edited by xXxOrcaxXx.9328)

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

- Sylvari (female)
- Heavy cultural armor

Only occures when weapon is drawn.

Attachments:

Posted by: puckets.2531

puckets.2531

human
heavy armor
t3 shoulders and newish hair clip
i really like the hair but this bugs the kittens out of me

Attachments:

Puckets officer of (better then Mai)[TB] The Betrayed
Guild leader of the [puck] Pucketers

Posted by: Mephane.8496

Mephane.8496

Since a few patches ago, the asuran female “rasta” hair style has a small strip of red missing texture right in the middle of the forehead, right below the head band. It appears very miniscule on still images, but when seen ingame it really sticks out.

This bug still persists as of 2012-12-19.

Posted by: rjthebarbarian.5730

rjthebarbarian.5730

neck discoloration, only appears with slayer coat from story

Attachments:

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

- Human (female)
- Medium cultural T2 armor
- Medium wupwup (ascended) armor

As shown in the attachments.

Attachments:

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Class: Warrior

T3 Cultural armor has a new clip issue – it now clips with any sword on the back while the character is moving ( running) . Very easy to spot with Twilight equipped since the white cloth part can easily be seen going through and over twilight’s black blade.

Hoping for a fix – this is a NEW clip issue – wasn’t here a week ago.

Attachments:

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Arkham.9165

Arkham.9165

Race: Norn
Sex: Female
Class: Thief

The leg armor of the Magitech medium armor skin on the gem store has a couple issues.

- One is a very severe case of clipping where the skirt goes into the leg on the character’s left side. This isn’t a matter of the leggings clipping with other gear, but rather severe clipping with the character’s own model even when standing in an idle pose, which just seems like it shouldn’t happen.

- The other is these weird lines that show up on the character’s thighs between the skirt and the leg portion of the leg armor. This apparently only happens on the Norn female; the human female, for example, doesn’t exhibit this problem.

The attached screenshot illustrates both of these problems (one is a view of the skirt only, in the preview panel; the other is the preview straight from the gem shop).

Additionally, the latter problem (the lines on the legs) can be compared between the following shots on the GW2 wiki:
- Norn female (has the issue): http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/f/f8/Magitech_Medium_Armor_Skin_norn_female_front.jpg
- Human female (looks normal): http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/b/bc/Magitech_Medium_Armor_Skin_human_female_front.jpg

Attachments:

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

I posted this issue 3 months ago, why is cultural armor still clipping on the races they’re supposed to be worn on?

Body type: Heaviest
Issue: The vest sinks into my stomach

Please ArenaNet, this body physique has so many clipping issues when it comes to armor. I’m not doing anything wrong, if you didn’t want me to pick this physique you shouldn’t have it available at the character creation screen. Go ahead and pick; light, medium, and heavy armor sets.. this physique has something clipping through it.

This is embarrassing.

Sorry if I’m sounding harsh, but if you’re going to pump out new content every 2-3 weeks and NOT fix horrid clipping issues between armor and character physiques… what are you really doing to your game? “Oh hey this person picked a heavy body preset that clips with most of the CULTURAL ARMORS (plus armors outside of the cultural vendors), let’s charge 350 gems so he/she can pick another.”

Attachments:

Posted by: Amisce.9360

Amisce.9360

race: charr
sex: female
class: warrior

I just logged into my charr today for the first time in about 9 months, thinking I might finally level her up, and I noticed that her dark silver hair rings are now a hideous fuchsia-red. I see this happened 3-4 months ago, many people have reported it, Anet acknowledged it— why has this not been fixed yet? Is there any way to fix it player-side besides spending money on a kit? Should I just reroll, or will that not fix it either?

Attachments:

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Female Charr

New face no. 1 While doing /Kneel

She “bites” her upper lip on the left side so that the tooth comes out through the lip. It looks right on the right side though. Plz make it symetrical so that both sides behave like the right side one. Tiny detail but annoying when u wanna take good looking screenies….

Edit: I have noticed this “lip biting” in some other emotes as well… Always biting the left lip. Plz have a look at it.

Pictures illustrate the issue below…

EDIT: It seems u have fixed this now (10/2-2014) OR it might come of what headpiece I used earlier… Not sure I had the ascended headpiece (hidden) on the Picture and the time for this bug. The one I had Before I cannnot remember… The bug seems to be gone for me now at least. The Bright face Picture show how it looks now when its sorted…

Attachments:

Kima & Co

(edited by Frostfang.5109)

Posted by: Erixson.8735

Erixson.8735

This issue is regarding hair textures, specifically the makeover kit exclusive one with the flower in your hair. I received a self style hair kit from a black lion chest, so decided to play around with them a bit. The one that I referenced above looked great on my elementalist in the preview, so I chose it. When I actually got in game, it looked very different, however. Why even have a “preview” if it’s not going to look the same in game? At the character select screen, in cutscenes, and at the hair preview window, the textures look like they should – very detailed, natural looking. In the actual game, with the settings maxed and high res character textures checked, it looks low res and almost glued to your face. Here are two screenies, one from a cutscene and one in-game to see the difference.

Attachments:

(edited by Erixson.8735)

Posted by: MementoMori.6087

MementoMori.6087

Medium Human Female Honor of the Waves armor preview has a different color than when you wear it.
When I previewed the piece, I was wearing the Guild Armor chest piece, dyed Midnight Fire (and midnight Fire, and Wrath). So I previewed without any dyes added and I liked the skin and color of the Honor of the Waves armor, and bought it. Now I’m wearing it and it has some poop-brown shade when dyed with Midnight Fire. I already tried using the remove dye tool and re-dying it, but to no avail.
As you might see in the screenshot, the (Tier 3 Medium Human) legs have a similar issue, but not as horrible as the chest piece.

• I transmuted both pieces with crafted Emblazoned stats

Attachments:

Posted by: Karnn.4569

Karnn.4569

Race: Sylvari
Sex: male
Class: Elementalist

Twilight arbor pants with staff has 3 issues in the front.
texture stretches disproportionately in front it clips with your leg and itself.
staff goes through it but that’s fine. Dagger in left hand clips with almost all robe bottoms and staff does as well this could be fixed by making the staff held vertical instead of at an angle and the left handed dagger be held at more of an angle.

Back stretches normally.

also when my character goes to rub his head in the idle animation his sleeve of his top clips through itself completely on his right arm.

Attachments:

(edited by Karnn.4569)

Posted by: Aldhanas.7139

Aldhanas.7139

Race : Human
Sex : Male
Class : Thief

Some vertical red lines appear on the Torso of the Duelist Medium Armor.
One on the front and one on the left side (check the screenshots).

Once you’ve seen it, you can’t forget it. I like this armor but it makes this armor look ugly. That’s terrible.

I hope for a fix ! Thanks for reading.

Attachments:

Posted by: ClavicleJones.2507

ClavicleJones.2507

Male/Charr/Thief

Ghastly Shortbow and Longbow glowing effect does not work. On any class/race/sex.

This has been an issue for OVER 1 YEAR now.

Attachments:

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

Item: Deathly bull’s mantle skin

Race/gender: HUMAN MALE (I know for sure the human female shoulderpads are not bugged, dunno about other races tho).

Essentially the right shoulderpad ONLY (watching the character from the back) has some weird graphical bug. I’m still fully confused on how this could happen on one shoulderpad only, since both of them share basically exactly the same skin. This is extremely evident and annoying, mostly cos this is the best skin to combine with the grenth hood. So pls fix this bug.

Attachments:

Fjandi.2516

Grenth Hood bug

Item: Grenth Hood
Race/gender: human male

The hood clips with the character’s neck. This happens minimally while the character is standing still, and it’s way worse while the character is rotating his neck (for ex while he’s wielding a 2h weapon, like a staff). I didn’t notice it at first but once you do notice the issue, it becomes really annoying. This happens essentially cos the hood doesn’t “replace” the character’s neck, it just covers it up. The charcater’s head on the contrary is completely “removed” while the hood is on. If you watch your char really close in transparency you will easily notice how the neck is simply hidden by the hood, that’s why this bug occurs. I’ve also noticed this doesn’t happen with certain chest armors (like the orrian one), and the reason is the chest armor is already replacing your character’s neck. Sadly the orrian chest armor has some bad clipping issues with the grenth hood.

Attachments:

Fjandi.2516

Item: Cloth aquabreather
Race/gender: human male

Ugly clipping issue with the “clint eastwood” face (basically the only manly looking human face we have). In the screenshot is also evident the famous “red eyes” bug, but tbh after 1 year I suppose players have given up reporting that.

Attachments:

Posted by: Val The Sorceress.2361

Val The Sorceress.2361

I have nothing to report that hasn’t already been reported….Half a year or more ago already!
With all respect, I know things take time, but come on? Is any of this being sorted at all, or going to get sorted eventually?(In the very near future?)
It’s just so disheartening, I could go and get screenshots off all kinds of clipping issues with my Charr characters, but most of those(If not all) have been summed up months ago so now I’m thinking(and I’m sure i’m not alone) why should I bother with the effort, since Nothing has changed in all this time!

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

MASCQUERADE MANTLE
Class: Any light armor

I’ve already posted one case, but now I just noticed that this piece of armor simply clips with almost every coat in the game.
How it looks / How it should look like

p.s. Val, I feel you.

Attachments:

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: Aurri.8203

Aurri.8203

Ascalonian Clergy Shoes
Class: Any Light Armor wearer

I had recently bought these shoes from the Ascalonian Catacombs dungeon vendor, and have noticed rather obvious clipping around the knee area. It’s most noticeable during the combat stance holding a one-handed weapon, or while running/walking – Out of combat idle animation does not show any visible clipping.

Attachments:

Posted by: ammunisie.1768

ammunisie.1768

NOBLEMAN’S LEGGINGS

http://imgur.com/a/tL9Zz (I have attached these as well, see below.)

Class: Guardian

The metal loincloth design clips through below the belt of the Caudecus Manor Heavy Leggings. The armour seems to have been purposefully shaded darker to the center, but because the loincloth clips through, it causes a hideous black splotch smack bam in the center. This also seems to only happen with the large bodytypes, as if the loincloth was never locked onto the belt in it’s design phase. With large bodytypes, the legging’s right leg also seems to clip through the back.

Attachments:

Posted by: augury.1764

augury.1764

Class: Ranger

Issue: I farmed up the Fractal Capacitor to go with my T3 Medium Cultural armor on this character. In the preview there was some clipping, but it was livable so I kept on. When I equipped it, to my extreme disappointment, the clipping is really bad. If it cannot be fixed can I have the back item account bound so I can use it on another character, as this item is extremely expensive to obtain?

Attachments:

Frostfang.5109

Charr

Female

Medium ascended Chest armour piece (while in fighting stance)

First of all I want to say THANK u for at least one more good looking armour that actually fits on charr – the Ascended one.

There is this one Little clipping though. When the charr bends the arm, the straps on the back of the arm Cuts into the arm. Fix this and its THE perfect looking armour!

Attachments:

Kima & Co

Frostfang.5109

Charr

Ranger

Skill: Rampage as one

When I use the Rampage As One skill with my charr ranger there is a flickering triangular light above my head. Its Always there when the skill is activated. Plz remove it as I see no Point for it to be there… Se Picture below (right next to the wolf here)

Attachments:

Kima & Co

Posted by: arkenstone.7896

arkenstone.7896

Verdant Greatsword partially goes underneath Asura Guardian (Banded) Armor.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ghrimboff.6357

Ghrimboff.6357

Parts involved: exalted pants and feathered boots

Issue: over lapping/clipping in the bottom part of the armor. the glitch definitly seems to come from the pants because its doing it with all the other boots i’ve tried. This glitch appeared just after one of the patch before wintersday, those armor were totally fine together before, i submitted multiple time over the bugs system in game before i found out about here, you could find out what at what date it happened with that, i can’t quite remember.

Attachments:

[KWBH] The Foo Fighter
SBI Commander

(edited by Ghrimboff.6357)

Posted by: Stahn.8753

Stahn.8753

Hair Issue

Race: Asura
Class: Irrelevant

Issue: As seen in the screenshot, the pigtails hairstyle for female Asura fades towards the back of the head.

Attachments:

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Race: Any
Profession: Ranger, Thief

Default bow string appears out of thin air, not shown in preview – misleading. Ruins the skin. Rid of the default string and attach the animation to the actual strings, this just doesn’t make any kitten sense.

Attachments:

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: fuzzyp.6295

fuzzyp.6295

Strange texture on boots appears after going underwater.

Sex: Male

I have been having this issue for quiet some time now. I don’t know when it started, but whenever I go underwater with my Elementalist, strange textures appear on my Boots. It appears on every single boot I equip and it stays with it until I unequip the boots. I don’t know if this is just a problem with my own files or what but it can get distracting when I’m constantly getting in and out of the water. If anyone has any idea what the problem is, please let me know. Thank you.

Attachments:

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

The new Sylvari male face (noseless, but not the pinecone one) has the same bugged out eyes issue as some of the original Sylvari faces. Namely, one of the eyes will not behave properly when exposed to bright light.

Honestly, I’m disappointed that a new face exclusive to makeover kits you have to buy has an issue this obvious. It’s not like it’s a new bug, the other faces have had it since launch. =/

Attachments:

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

Posted by: afoot.6932

afoot.6932

Issue: Female sylvari t1 heavy cultural armor leggings (Arborist set) show female genitalia. This is NOT a joke. I noticed it when updating my dyes. It’s worse with colors that show more contrast. Please fix this—I can’t unsee it. Since there’s another issue with the Arborist leggings (the torso skin being reflective and not matching the skin of the upper torso from the chestpiece; I’ve reported it before, so see my forum account history for more info), it makes sense that the two issues would be fixed in concert. Thank you!

Attachments:

(edited by afoot.6932)

Posted by: amber.4815

amber.4815

Class: Guardian

The eyes are black insted of the color i’ve chosen (a light blue). As far as i noticed this does not happen when i’m in the Heart of the Mists.

Attachments:

Posted by: MinkySteve.9642

MinkySteve.9642

Profession: Thief
Armor set: Mixed. (Human T3 chest piece causing the problem)

Description: I haven’t provided the names of all my armour as this bug happens if only the chest piece, if my whole set is on or any combination involving the chest piece is on, which clearly shows that the chest piece is the issue. 3 very noticeable gaps appear in the side of my character. This problem has been happening for quite some time now, but I ignored it, hoping it’d be fixed. It’s getting quite distracting now.

Attachments:

Posted by: kvazarsky.9468

kvazarsky.9468

Norn
Male
Elementalist

Norn cultural tier 2 light chest armor is clipping with tattoo texture (right arm).

Armor – full tier 2 with t1 gloves.

Attachments:

Posted by: afoot.6932

afoot.6932

Issue: Female sylvari t1 heavy cultural armor leggings (Arborist set) show female genitalia. This is NOT a joke. I noticed it when updating my dyes. It’s worse with colors that show more contrast. Please fix this—I can’t unsee it. Since there’s another issue with the Arborist leggings (the torso skin being reflective and not matching the skin of the upper torso from the chestpiece; I’ve reported it before, so see my forum account history for more info), it makes sense that the two issues would be fixed in concert. Thank you!

Update:

• I photoshopped a prototype of roughly what the Arborist leggings issues might look like when fixed. The groin of course doesn’t have to extend the leaf structures exactly like I did, just please remove the genitalia.
  • The pic also shows my character’s normal dye scheme. Note that the genitalia issue is actually worse with the dye I’d like to use, walnut, than in the first pic where the leggings are highlighted red. Thanks again!

Attachments:

(edited by afoot.6932)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Can we get a proper icon for infinite light? Its one of the most expensive and prettiest swords in the game but it has a basic blue rarity sword icon.

Posted by: Alex Ko.4580

Alex Ko.4580

Profession: Elementalist
Armor: Fractal Capacitor(Infused)

Sometimes after i cast ele dagger air skill 4 “Ride the Lightning” , my back item will be disappeared. As you can see in the attachments, i didnt hide my back item.

Attachments:

Posted by: Borkentier.8950

Borkentier.8950

Level: Any
Profession: Warrior & Guardian

Armor:
Head: Stag Hounskull
Shoulders: Dolyak Spaulders
Chest: Stag Mail
Arms: Dolyak Gauntlets
Legs: Stag Chausses
Feet: Stag Greaves

Weapons:
Most Shields, Etched Bulwark etc
—————
Hello dear GW2-Team.

Description:
I have some clipping issues with some parts of the Norn racial armor sets, especially with Tier 1 and Tier 3 combined.

When my Norn Warrior wields a shield, the gauntlets and spaulders of the Tier 1 heavy cultural armor spike through the shield in most cases. This incident results from the big space between the body of the Norn model and the gauntlets/spaulders of Tier 1 heavy cultural armor. The attached pictures should show you what i exactly mean.

It would be really great if you could solve this issues, cause it’s kinda peeving me to see my favorite armor clip like that. Maybe you could adjust the both pieces to be closer to the bodyshape of the Norn model.

Thank you very much!
Otto

Attachments:

(edited by Borkentier.8950)

Posted by: Senkai.6249

Senkai.6249

Class: Ranger
Armour: Vigil medium chest

The skirt on the chest armour for the Vigil gear has an issue on just three of the tassels that hang off. It happens even if I take off all other items including weapons.

Attachments:

Frostfang.5109

Female Charr

Bodytype 3

The Paw/hand does not seem attached to the arm at all times… Noticed this underwater… Looks ugly. Plz fix it.

Checked if the problem exists on land as well… and it does.

Attachments:

Kima & Co

(edited by Frostfang.5109)

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

Race: Asura
Profession: All
Armour: Hellfire Warhelm (helm skin from achievement reward)

When I first saw this helm as an achievement reward, I couldn’t wait to get enough achievement points to unlock it. Then when I finally did, I was disappointed to find it clips terribly on Asura characters.

When wearing this on Asura, the ears are still shown and clip right through the helmet, which looks ridiculous and bugs the hell out of me. Some helms hide the ears when wore, but others still have them showing, which causes bad clipping on this helm.

I understand armour clipping is probably quite low on your priority list, but surely it wouldn’t take too much work just to change it so the ears are hidden inside the helm (like others helms)

Here are a couple pictures to show what I mean..

As you can see, it looks very silly.. so please fix this.

Attachments:

Posted by: VeggieCat.6198

VeggieCat.6198

- Charr
- Male
- Warrior
I set the max height and the second body type build I’m pretty sure.

The issue is with some Flame Legion (CoF) leggings I bought from the CoF merchant in Lions Arch. There seems to be an entire space missing from the armor over my Charr’s pelvic area. It’s really frustrating as I found the legs that I thought would look great on my Charr. I tried changing around the dyes. (I also thought that maybe it was because my chest armor is just raised up, but I previewed it with the matching chest armor and the problem still persists.
I asked some of my Charr guild mates to try it out and apparently there are no problems with them, so I’m a little annoyed.

-The first picture is how the Charr is SUPPOSED to look in the full set.
-The next picture is how MY Charr looks with the gap on his crotch.
-The third picture is how my charr looks WITH the matching chest and legs together.

I’ll even step it up a notch and show you how the ACTUAL NPC who sells you the gear looks in the armor in the last picture. (Notice there’s no gap anywhere)

I’m currently* wearing all lvl 80 gear. T3 Cult helm, Pit Fighter shoulders, T2 Cult armor with transmutated stats for lvl 78 I believe, CoF gauntlets, and Cof Leggings if any of that helps.

This is a problem that I really hope will be fixed at some point because I’m really satisfied with the look of it so far. (Glitches aside)

Attachments: