FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Yannick.1038

Yannick.1038

hi

Basically I have the same problem as the most of you.

I’ve bought a mini pack for 300 gems, the gems were deducted but didn’t receive anything, I do have space in my mailbox. I bought those gems with ingame cash so now i’m kindakitten

I tried to buy the free cap and that works, even multiple times, that also appears in recently bought items. But the pet pack didn’t.

(edited by Yannick.1038)

Posted by: Makol.8726

Makol.8726

After 8 pages of replies about this problem I’m pretty surprised that they haven’t made a public response yet, or even acknowledged this issue in one of their Game Status Updates.

Posted by: Lady Lozza.9670

Lady Lozza.9670

After 8 pages of replies about this problem I’m pretty surprised that they haven’t made a public response yet, or even acknowledged this issue in one of their Game Status Updates.

The issue as it were, is with NCSoft’s systems, not Anet’s game. How much Anet CAN do about it is in question at this time. Keep in mind here NCSoft elevated my ticket to senior account management staff about a month ago – and I have not heard from them.

Makol.8726

The issue as it were, is with NCSoft’s systems, not Anet’s game. How much Anet CAN do about it is in question at this time. Keep in mind here NCSoft elevated my ticket to senior account management staff about a month ago – and I have not heard from them.

Well NCSoft has a phone number to call when it comes to billing and account issues, which this is as far as I can tell. They even have a live chat system, which is only available on Mondays for some reason. Why aren’t we being told to directly contact them or make a ticket on the NCSoft site instead? Wouldn’t that make more sense and take a load of ticket’s off Anet’s shoulders?

Posted by: BloodDoll.4602

BloodDoll.4602

But I paid the gem store money and didn’t get gems. Who runs the gem store? Keep in mind that I’m not really asking a question here.

Lady Lozza.9670

Well NCSoft has a phone number to call when it comes to billing and account issues, which this is as far as I can tell. They even have a live chat system, which is only available on Mondays for some reason. Why aren’t we being told to directly contact them or make a ticket on the NCSoft site instead? Wouldn’t that make more sense and take a load of ticket’s off Anet’s shoulders?

Which is all well and good if you live in the US. And if you make a ticket on the NCSoft site it’s the same as making a ticket here. All account related stuff for GW2 is immediately forwarded to the NCSoft Account team so it doesn’t matter where you make the ticket. Chances are live chat or a phone call would yield the same results as an email/ticket.

I’ve been getting the impression this forum is for Anet to know of the issues so they can lean on NCSoft’s support team – I’ll take a wild guess here and say the gem store team (Anet) have been in the dark about all the accounts being flagged as high risk.

In short the only people they may be able to help directly in this thread are the people who were able to purchase gems and didn’t get them. There are two separate issues here – Gem Purchasing (like me) who have been flagged by NCSoft’s system and hence cannot purchase, and those who CAN purchase and/or bought stuff from the gem store and haven’t had gems/items show up.

Makol.8726

Which is all well and good if you live in the US. And if you make a ticket on the NCSoft site it’s the same as making a ticket here. All account related stuff for GW2 is immediately forwarded to the NCSoft Account team so it doesn’t matter where you make the ticket. Chances are live chat or a phone call would yield the same results as an email/ticket.

I’ve been getting the impression this forum is for Anet to know of the issues so they can lean on NCSoft’s support team – I’ll take a wild guess here and say the gem store team (Anet) have been in the dark about all the accounts being flagged as high risk.

In short the only people they may be able to help directly in this thread are the people who were able to purchase gems and didn’t get them. There are two separate issues here – Gem Purchasing (like me) who have been flagged by NCSoft’s system and hence cannot purchase, and those who CAN purchase and/or bought stuff from the gem store and haven’t had gems/items show up.

Was waiting for a reply like that. I actually called the number the other day, last Friday, since I was fed up with the long wait time between replies and was redirected to contact Anet since they deemed it as a “game issue” and not a billing or account issue. I managed to get some progress done on my ticket and got a 24 hour purchase window which of course is not working. I replied to their response letting them know it’s not working still and have yet to hear back. To be honest this is really the worst experience I have had with customer service/support for a game. It’s worse than EA and Ubisoft and that’s saying something.

BloodDoll.4602

I had both issues happen to me. At first I could use the gem ship, then the next day I was declined, then the next day it worked… and then later in that day I bought gems, I was billed, but I did NOT get the gems. I’m still waiting to get them. My whole guild stopped playing because 7 of 140 of us had this problem, so the guild leader asked us not to play. So we are all playing a different game until this gets sorted out… if it does.

Posted by: Riz.9172

Riz.9172

Tried to buy 5 fine transmutation stones from the gem store today for 200 gems. it took my gems and showed them on the recently purchased section but i did not recieve them in my mail, any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

Posted by: VapoR.8640

VapoR.8640

120907-000052 I cannot purchase gems via Paypal or Credit Card.

Thanks in advance for all the hard work

Lady Lozza.9670

BloodDoll – NCSoft have a daily purchase limit which may explain your initial inability to purchase if you play other NCSoft games.

The fun part about all of this is simply that you get declined and they don’t tell you why. I had no idea about the daily limit till a friend hit it, and I had no idea about the credit card used on accounts limit until a month ago, and I had no idea you could only have a couple of cards tied to the one account, and no idea that they created me a Master Account without my approval.

I still have no idea whether my GW2 Master Account can be hacked if someone lifts the general Master Account database off the NCSoft servers, and I have no idea why Support is so slow when I’ve actually had good experiences in the past. Keeping in mind here once again my ticket precedes all hacking and exploits by weeks.

Posted by: Ryan.6951

Ryan.6951

120904-001722

Attempted to purchase an 800 gem character slot, found that it had been the 2000 gem DDE upgrade instead,

I purchased DDE and should not have the option to upgrade to something I already had presented.

Of course my 2000 gems got eaten without any items and no response for 3 days now to my support ticket.

(edited by Ryan.6951)

Posted by: Chris.5384

Chris.5384

800 gems, character slot, didnt got it, bought it on the 29th or something, but it was about a week aggo.

BloodDoll.4602

BloodDoll – NCSoft have a daily purchase limit which may explain your initial inability to purchase if you play other NCSoft games.

The fun part about all of this is simply that you get declined and they don’t tell you why. I had no idea about the daily limit till a friend hit it, and I had no idea about the credit card used on accounts limit until a month ago, and I had no idea you could only have a couple of cards tied to the one account, and no idea that they created me a Master Account without my approval.

I still have no idea whether my GW2 Master Account can be hacked if someone lifts the general Master Account database off the NCSoft servers, and I have no idea why Support is so slow when I’ve actually had good experiences in the past. Keeping in mind here once again my ticket precedes all hacking and exploits by weeks.

I don’t play other NCSOFT games anymore. It’s been about 3 years since I have. Anyway the purchase went through and they billed me so they have my money, but I don’t have the gems. That’s the part that bothers me. It was only 2 purchases in 48 hours too that day. One of my friends bought gems also for their first time that day and didn’t get them either.

Lady Lozza.9670

BloodDoll I understand you don’t have your gems, and it sucks – but please understand there are two topics in this thread. Those not receiving gems or items despite having been billed. This problem is what, a week old?

The other issue in this thread is players being blocked completely from buying – this problem has been an issue since Beta 3, yes since before launch.

Posted by: ShadowVyper.8219

ShadowVyper.8219

I purchased 2 sets of 5 black lion keys from the store over an hour ago and they are still not delivered to me. 900 gems gone(poof). Please fix this asap.

Posted by: mmogw.5619

mmogw.5619

Gems: Can’t buy using Paypal or CC [Incident: 120831-020?084]

Posted by: delcore.2078

delcore.2078

Can’t currently buy using Paypal or CC…
I’m just trying to spend my money!
[Inicident: 120906-009679]

Posted by: Bonita.2740

Bonita.2740

Is it possible to get some feedback/a fix for this anytime soon? I’m loving the game but my 4k gems missing is starting tokitten me off. How can it take.. now 3 days.. to sort this out? And no replies whatsoever.. Spending real money on this is kinda making it a big deal imo!

Posted by: Bonita.2740

Bonita.2740

Ps love the filter here, I’m so kittened off right now ;D

Posted by: Sangrivane.4360

Sangrivane.4360

What is even more frustrating is you can see ArenaNet reps responding in the forums today to other issues but they are completely ignoring this issue which is affecting thousands of people!

(edited by Sangrivane.4360)

Posted by: Warhawk.8260

Warhawk.8260

120903-002268

4 days ago, I purchased gems and used some on a bank tab and a bag slot (which worked fine), but then spent 600 on dye packs. The gems were removed from my account, but I never received the dye packs. Submitted the ticket about an hour later.

Posted by: Gd Anubis.4951

Gd Anubis.4951

I keep getting a error message saying Payment Error, both through paypal, my paypal cc my mastercard and my bank card.

Posted by: Buttermancer.2059

Buttermancer.2059

Support Ticket: 120907-000696

Been going on for days. I dont know why. tried 3 cards, paypal and all prices with no luck.

Posted by: twobits.5072

twobits.5072

bought a couple xp boosts and a crafting boost about 3 hours ago and still nothing.

Posted by: Masler.4903

Masler.4903

In a follow up to my previous post I ahve now been credited the 800 gems I bought.

Posted by: Rvalas.4857

Rvalas.4857

Incident: 120906-011291

I also purchased 1600 Gems from the trading company in game, the gems were credited just fine, I then proceeded to purchase an extra character slot, assuming all was fine, I continued playing for several more hours. I logged out to character select to make my new character, and it shows I have 5 of 5 character slots used with no ability to create a new one, there is no history of a transaction on the trading company window ( not sure if there would even be one ) But my bank shows record of the $20.00, 1600 gem purchase and my gem balance reflects 800 gems, ( minus the 800 that the system took for the character slot)

I too enjoy this game, but I am leery of continued purchases if this is the kind of thing to expect.

~Sean

Posted by: MarKiZamaZiN.7648

MarKiZamaZiN.7648

Incident: 120904-009514
Having same problem buying gems as everyone else. Will not accept my credit card anymore after it did for the first week of the game.
EDIT: Literally just got a response back saying “they are escalating my ticket for further assistance.” Not to mention this is after waiting 4 days for even an initial response. This is really getting rediculous, many upset people out there.

Posted by: Arkenbon.7301

Arkenbon.7301

I bought one character slot for 800 gems and I got two character slots, I’m fairly sure this is a bug and not intentional to get 2 slots for one? Is there something I should/could do?

Lady Lozza.9670

What is even more frustrating is you can see ArenaNet reps responding in the forums today to other issues but they are completely ignoring this issue which is affecting thousands of people!

To be honest I’d be more interested in knowing whether Anet can do anything about it or whether we are completely at the mercy of NCSoft Account & Risk Management who clearly couldn’t give two fluffy white bunnies of the issue that was flagged a month ago.

Posted by: Zytherion.8231

Zytherion.8231

To be honest I’d be more interested in knowing whether Anet can do anything about it or whether we are completely at the mercy of NCSoft Account & Risk Management who clearly couldn’t give two fluffy white bunnies of the issue that was flagged a month ago.

To your response, i am wondering the same thing. But it would also be great for a response of any sort even indicating if they can do anything about the problem, are working on the problem, or if we need to seek assistance elsewhere.

Posted by: tekaru.2768

tekaru.2768

Just a little more info (for the curious). Apparently, the new character slot just shows up on the main character page. As for the “recent purchases” tab on the BLTP screen, it only shows the free hat(s) I got for pre-purchasing. Nothing about a character slot. But I did get the (real) email message confirming I bought the 800 gems.

just tried again, my gems were refunded, and I bought a new character slot. whew!

(edited by tekaru.2768)

Posted by: Fabbie.5724

Fabbie.5724

Incident: 120906-002741
Gems deducted after purchase of item, but item was not delivered.

Posted by: Georger.5048

Georger.5048

Incident:120906-004786

I cannot purchase gem with paypal or creditcard. Thanks.

Posted by: casper.2947

casper.2947

I see alot of people getting replies before me, but after my post, and I just wanted to make sure that my post didnt get ignored. Ticket#120903-009194

Posted by: Abaddons Acolyte.7438

Abaddons Acolyte.7438

So I just got a e-mail…after 4 days of waiting…..
this was the response.

Hello,

Thanks for contacting NCsoft Account Support.

We are in the process of investigating this issue for you and you should receive an update as soon as we have more information to provide. We may need more time if you contacted us on a weekend or holiday, but someone will respond to this support ticket as soon as possible.

Vague…..
Dont they want my money? Cause I want to buy gems…LOL

(edited by Abaddons Acolyte.7438)

Posted by: Jim Travakh.7495

Jim Travakh.7495

A day or two ago I purchased 3 character slots and received 8. Not that I’m complaining, but I’m pretty sure it’s still a bug.

Posted by: Feragan.1673

Feragan.1673

Well its also been 4 days since I submitted a ticket for not receiving Mini sets off the Gem store. 600 gems gone and no items delivered. I just logged on to find the 600 gems have been refunded to me. Didn’t receive a response thou.

Posted by: Plimwalf.4932

Plimwalf.4932

Earlier this week buying gems wasn’t a problem, but now I get the message that ‘Card Aprroval Failed.’ like a lot of people (both paying by credit card and using PayPal aren’t working). Ticket: [Incident: 120906-006106]

Posted by: Evolution.8035

Evolution.8035

I spent 35 bucks to upgraded to Digital Deluxe edition in gem store

I received everything including Rytlock but my Mistfire Wolf elite is greyed out. I cannot select/equip/use it. (which is my lvl 40+ character Engineer)

however it is unlocked for new chars that i make

im almost LV 50 on my main and there’s no way I’m going to remake her just to get the skill

its the elite skill is the only reason I upgraded

ANYONE GET THE SAME ISSUE???

I sent a ticket to them 5 days ago but nothing respond

Posted by: Schoolmate.1569

Schoolmate.1569

I Paid 2000gems for Digital Deluxe but
just disappeard 2000 gems
not purchased DD packs.

please refund my 2000gems or apply DD purchase.

120905-005080 case number.

Posted by: LittleSpirit.6508

LittleSpirit.6508

On 5th Sept roughly around 2000hrs-2300hrs (cant remember time exactly) 8GMT
Purchased additional character slot for 800 gems.
800 gems were deducted.
Did not receive my additional slot.

Submitted ticket
reference #120905-005699

Still waiting for response.

Just received 800 gems refund. Thanks.

Posted by: BlossomBerry.5964

BlossomBerry.5964

On Aug. 29 I bought some gems, and then used them to buy a character slot. The gems were taken, but I’ve never received my character slot.

On Aug. 30 I put in a ticket, and still have not heard back.

Reference #: 120831-002198

Posted by: Arimori.2170

Arimori.2170

Have been trying to purchase gems for the past few days with no luck.
Rotated between my mastercard and visa doesn’t work.
Tried using my paypal account to purchase, order created, but got an error in the end as well.
Sent in a ticket before but no response.
Please help.

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Posted by: Qaeltarus.2748

Qaeltarus.2748

Submitted this ticket 4 days ago for the same issues, tried both my credit card and paypal. Still waiting on a response.
[Incident: 120902-011651]?

Lady Lozza.9670

Gem store distribution methods have been fixed.
Those of us who have been locked out of purchasing gems due to NCSoft’s “anti-fraud” methods are still waiting for a solution.

Posted by: Sangrivane.4360

Sangrivane.4360

My prior message was deleted within 2 minutes of posting on this topic. The main topic of this thread was not even addressed in the mass email. Can we get some acknowledgement by ArenaNet that they are aware of the issue that many people have posted about in this thread? And that something is going to be done and when we can expect it? We are all upstanding customers that want to spend money with ArenaNet. The problem itself is frustrating enough. Being ignored is adding insult to injury.

Posted by: Smiling Politely.7091

Smiling Politely.7091

I paid for a character slot but never received it; still sitting at 5 slots.

Posted by: Raine.4582

Raine.4582

<3

HI, just logged in to find my gems that I had paid for via credit card 2 days ago finally arrived, so just a thank you, and good luck to the rest waiting, all we can do is be patient.

EDIT
Although I wanted to add no one contacted me about my ticket number or the ticket being closed, if so please close it: [Incident: 120905-004475]