05/10/2013 NA Tier 2: DB/FA/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

There’s also the fact that overall, TC and FA are -very- stable servers.

TC got a handful of transfers a couple weeks ago (and I think FA might have as well), but overall, the people who are on TC stay on TC. The same goes for FA. We both have burnout weeks, and we both come back strong every time. We have an incredible amount of “server pride” and most of us wouldn’t transfer off regardless of WvW performance or standing. We’re far more similar than we would probably like to admit. :-P

DB will just have to be careful to avoid the KN scenario. A lot of people transferred to KN with the hope that KN would end up a T1 server. When it became clear that that wasn’t going to happen…KN fell apart. I don’t think DB, as a whole, has massive aspirations for T1, but some of the recent transfers might. If they can hold on to them anyway, that’s awesome. If they can’t, they will just have to be careful that they don’t suffer as a result.

I’m by no means pronouncing doom and gloom for DB, just hoping they don’t end up the latest in a long stream of stuff we’ve all seen before.

If we suddenly lost every guild that transferred over recently, we’d be bouncing between T2 & T3. I realize that the idea of an eventual collapse being as simple as subtracting the newer people is a bit absurd, but I think it does show we’ve got a pretty solid core of loyal players as well.

Kain was a different animal, gaining enough players while still in T8 to be a T2, arguably T1 caliber server. Of course that was all compounded by free transfers and their eventual end, but the point remains.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

8k deficit made up over night?

Dragonbrand has closed insanely worse deficits before. You haven’t participated in competitive match-ups in a long time huh? Or did you trick yourself into thinking Dragonbrand was this sort of super-monster-server and T2’s match-ups were decided already? We’re a strong T2 server just like FA and TC – 99.8% of Dragonbrand knows it – certain posters from across all 3 servers just hyped us up and you seem to have bought into it.

Read my previous post on p.13

Maybe in other Tiers, but that rarely happens in T2 in my experience.

I am glad Dragonbrand is bringing the fights though. This has been the closest match that I’ve ever been a part of (though some of the early KN matchups were also pretty close).

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Dragonbrand has closed insanely worse deficits before. You haven’t participated in competitive match-ups in a long time huh? Or did you trick yourself into thinking Dragonbrand was this sort of super-monster-server and T2’s match-ups were decided already? We’re a T2 server just like FA and TC – 99.8% of Dragonbrand knows it – certain posters just hyped us up and you seem to have bought into it.

No I think dragonbrand tricked itself by challenging TC/FA to get them below 200 ppt. Yeah, we won’t forget that one.

Bulletin board material is exactly that, but I seriously doubt it’s a factor even worth mentioning in the actual score.

I’m not buying it. The forum stuff spreads like wildfire, at least on FA.. pretty much every WvW based guild has at least a couple people lurking, plus the server VoIP and zone based chats/private forums tend to mention topics from these forums often enough.

Same with TC. If a scandal happens on the forums, the full TC WvW population is gonna know about it. Most of the ridiculous rants and trolls are met with laughs, but they have a subliminal ability to make us fight harder. I’m sure that’s the case everywhere.

in Match-ups

Mister Mustard.7203

Dragonbrand has closed insanely worse deficits before. You haven’t participated in competitive match-ups in a long time huh? Or did you trick yourself into thinking Dragonbrand was this sort of super-monster-server and T2’s match-ups were decided already? We’re a T2 server just like FA and TC – 99.8% of Dragonbrand knows it – certain posters just hyped us up and you seem to have bought into it.

No I think dragonbrand tricked itself by challenging TC/FA to get them below 200 ppt. Yeah, we won’t forget that one.

Bulletin board material is exactly that, but I seriously doubt it’s a factor even worth mentioning in the actual score.

I’m not buying it. The forum stuff spreads like wildfire, at least on FA.. pretty much every WvW based guild has at least a couple people lurking, plus the server VoIP and zone based chats/private forums tend to mention topics from these forums often enough.

I’m not saying people don’t know about it. I’m just saying that I don’t think the end result would be different either way. Perhaps it would be, and it’s a difficult thing to quantify so there’s no way to know for sure. I just feel in the end, motivation can count for a lot, but what happens when the other side is just as motivated? And how much extra motivation was that one comment versus all the other troll comments?

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

There’s also the fact that overall, TC and FA are -very- stable servers.

TC got a handful of transfers a couple weeks ago (and I think FA might have as well), but overall, the people who are on TC stay on TC. The same goes for FA. We both have burnout weeks, and we both come back strong every time. We have an incredible amount of “server pride” and most of us wouldn’t transfer off regardless of WvW performance or standing. We’re far more similar than we would probably like to admit. :-P

DB will just have to be careful to avoid the KN scenario. A lot of people transferred to KN with the hope that KN would end up a T1 server. When it became clear that that wasn’t going to happen…KN fell apart. I don’t think DB, as a whole, has massive aspirations for T1, but some of the recent transfers might. If they can hold on to them anyway, that’s awesome. If they can’t, they will just have to be careful that they don’t suffer as a result.

I’m by no means pronouncing doom and gloom for DB, just hoping they don’t end up the latest in a long stream of stuff we’ve all seen before.

If we suddenly lost every guild that transferred over recently, we’d be bouncing between T2 & T3. I realize that the idea of an eventual collapse being as simple as subtracting the newer people is a bit absurd, but I think it does show we’ve got a pretty solid core of loyal players as well.

Kain was a different animal, gaining enough players while still in T8 to be a T2, arguably T1 caliber server. Of course that was all compounded by free transfers and their eventual end, but the point remains.

I just remember what happened when DB/Mag/TC faced off in T3, before DB got their transfers. It was a bit of a slaughter back then…

What I’d really like would be a nice 3-way split of population, skill, and coverage for T2. I hate that things swing around so wildly. It’d be nice to have a nice, stable tier to play in.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Go TC! Cheering for you!

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Am I the only person who’s called them Magoomba?

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

And here’s the most recent score!

Attachments:

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Am I the only person who’s called them Magoomba?

Nope!

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

And here’s a little Ascii cheerleader just for you:

*\o/*

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Whoa, looks like it will be a photo finish!

Great fights this week

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Next weeks 2 v 1 will be even better!!

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

iCryptik.1496

Yes, I can’t wait to see the Tarnished Aspenwood Alliance in full force.

;]

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

As long as FA lost I am fine :p

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Naw next week we get everything to paper and then hand it over to our friends on FA.

in Match-ups

Mister Mustard.7203

score update

OMG ALL THIS NIGHT CAPPING PVDOOR TC WHY DONT U MAN UP AND FITE WHEN IM NOT AT WORK K?

This is going to be an exciting Friday!

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Yes, I can’t wait to see the Tarnished Aspenwood Alliance in full force.

;]

xD

I think Fort Toast sounds good too.

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

I’m still waiting for the krait in the Borderland lakes to slither out and pwn us all.

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

I’m still waiting for the krait in the Borderland lakes to slither out and pwn us all.

There’s definitely a medium-sized zerg worth of them down there.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Ouch, TC on almost 400 PPT late SEA. I can’t believe Irsyko [BT] was right.. he predicted TC would win this week in the last thread.

TC zombies confirmed for not ever needing sleep

in Match-ups

iCryptik.1496

The krait are working with us, to provide loot to fund the effort.

Ouch, TC on almost 400 PPT late SEA. I can’t believe Irsyko [BT] was right.. he predicted TC would win this week in the last thread.

TC confirmed for not ever needing sleep

Once we found out how close we were when we woke up, we started pulling people out of dungeons, waking people up, and getting them in the game.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Taras.4367

Taras.4367

PvDOOR is how we do it. latest scores

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Iconik.8712

Iconik.8712

TARNISHED COAST! OO-RA!

Oh Hey Girl – Troll Thief Extraordinaire Tarnished Coast – www.twitch.tv/iconikk

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

TC confirmed for not ever needing sleep

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/zombie-coast-ted-stetson/1112409457

This had to have been written by a TC member.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ArtPulse.8630

ArtPulse.8630

Toasts don’t sleep (?)

Esthetics – Tarnished Coast
[Cult] Counterculture

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Guild leader/officer = forum troll?

Mayoken is the guild leader of [CO]. Also…

Dear FA,

Sorry but we need to borrow your stuff to get ahead of DB, we’ll give it back later!

Eternally Yours,

TC

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Obi-Wan: I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

One-time rivals Sega and Nintendo recently inked an exclusive deal to bring Sonic the Hedgehog games to the Wii U and the 3Ds, the company announced today.

“The onetime rivalry between Mario and Sonic has grown into a friendship that has never been closer,” Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime said in a statement.

... I’m scared. Hold me.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

PS So, TC and FA, totally attacking DB or what?

(edited by WyldKat.4712)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Obi-Wan: I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

One-time rivals Sega and Nintendo recently inked an exclusive deal to bring Sonic the Hedgehog games to the Wii U and the 3Ds, the company announced today.

“The onetime rivalry between Mario and Sonic has grown into a friendship that has never been closer,” Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime said in a statement.

… I’m scared. Hold me.

No…Way…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYj7T9eEQ4U

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Kain was no where within sight of being tier 1 caliber. To put things in perspective… the BG that completely dominated tier 2, received a huge chunk of SOS guilds to push into tier 1, then when KN collapsed they received the majority of their forces except CO.

With all of this, BG was crushed this week.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

What Choo talkin’ bout, Willis?

in Match-ups

Mister Mustard.7203

Kain was no where within sight of being tier 1 caliber. To put things in perspective… the BG that completely dominated tier 2, received a huge chunk of SOS guilds to push into tier 1, then when KN collapsed they received the majority of their forces except CO.

If you’re the 4th server, you can’t get much more in sight of T1 without being in it. Whether or not they would have been competitive weekly is irrelevant.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

TC has a higher PPT floor than either of the other servers here. I’ve been in T2 for a long time now and I have not very often seen them go under 100. I think the lowest tick I saw from them this week was something like 120 or 130.

DB can get insane ticks, but TC always holds on to enough territory to not fall completely out of it, and their response time is generally good. Everyone’s talking about the transfers, but they won’t be our ticket to T1 unless the existing community can adapt to TC’s weekday game.

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

(edited by Arkanfel.8403)

in Match-ups

iCryptik.1496

No matter what happens, we will be sure to put dragonwagon for the test. I hope you guys are masochists, because we’ll make sure you have earned your stripes before you hit T1.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

TC has a higher PPT floor…

Aren’t floors supposed to be like under our feet? Like lower than?

I never understood that phrase.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

TC has a higher PPT floor…

Aren’t floors supposed to be like under our feet? Like lower than?

I never understood that phrase.

It’s a relative term. “PPT floor” here refers to the lowest average tick each server will see in a week. I’m ballparking TC’s at about 110-125 off the top of my head, DB’s is usually around 75-90 and FA has been pushed close to 0. So TC’s PPT ‘floor’ is a fair bit higher than either of the other two servers right now.; that goes a long way in the scores. It’s not so much about how high you can get your tick for a few hours, its about how LOW the enemy can possibly push you. In TC’s case, this limit is a lot higher in terms of PPT than their competition, and has been for the better part of two months now.

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

don’t think we needed this

in Match-ups

Posted by: RoninDB.9540

RoninDB.9540

I was there for the insane pressure put on DB in EB last night. I had to go to bed before the capping of the green keep. However, great fights all around. There were a few scary moments I had to run through FA!! (Please don’t kill me, please don’t kill me! That run back is horrid!) Agg had us on our toes.

Good job by all three servers!

Zero Negative [ZN]
Public Relations/Inter-Guild Relations Officer
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Reset night is definately gonna be interesting tonight

Wonder if DB will be picking up more steam this week due to the new JQ transfers?

All is vain.

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

don’t think we needed this

QFT

in Match-ups

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

Score update for my lovely Eva.

… Colonial’s story is SO SAD! cry

We need donations to fix his teeth. holds out a cup

I actually have a beautiful smile.

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

… Colonial’s story is SO SAD! cry

We need donations to fix his teeth. holds out a cup

I actually have a beautiful smile.

Y(^v^)Y

in Match-ups

Aylaine.1036

Zombie Coast does not sleep. As a wise risen once said…

Kill everything.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Excalibur.9748

PVDOOR! PVDOOR!

Take everything from them while they sleep

All is vain.

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

What Choo talkin’ bout, Willis?

I’d ignore him.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Holy llamas. Dat spread….

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Zombie Coast does not sleep. As a wise risen once said…

Kill everything.

Wow. Good job, TC!! Keep bringing the good fights!

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Aylaine.1036

We’re at 540 PPT right now. :O

Intense.

in Match-ups

Excalibur.9748

I don’t get it. I didn’t know TC had that strong a SEA force at all!!

Shouldn’t most people be at work at this time of day?

All is vain.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Iconik.8712

Iconik.8712

560 now you sons of guns!

Oh Hey Girl – Troll Thief Extraordinaire Tarnished Coast – www.twitch.tv/iconikk

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

I don’t get it. I didn’t know TC had that strong a SEA force at all!!

Shouldn’t most people be at work at this time of day?

We have tons of folks who took a two week break when you guys just got into the tier. They’re back now.