05/10/2013 NA Tier 2: DB/FA/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

I don’t get it. I didn’t know TC had that strong a SEA force at all!!

Shouldn’t most people be at work at this time of day?

Yes, yes we should.

but i just came down with this wicked cough.

cough

looks like I have to stay home and turn everything red now!

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Score update! Great work, TC!

Ok. Hope you have fun losing another week in Tier 2

Attachments:

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

(edited by Usagi.4835)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

With all of this, BG was crushed this week.

What Choo talkin’ bout, Willis?

I’d ignore him.

Where was this spirit when JQ was adding massive amounts of guilds? You continued to recruit and recruit and recruit and you were dominating t1 by 60-70k every week.

So if not a crushing win, was it at least “dominating” ?

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

I’d ignore him.

Where was this spirit when JQ was adding massive amounts of guilds? You continued to recruit and recruit and recruit and you were dominating t1 by 60-70k every week.

Don’t be mean to Pot, we’re watching you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

I’d ignore him.

Shoo, choo! Go back to your thread!
I’m going to bed.

That all rhymed. Aww yeah. Still got it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

We have tons of folks who took a two week break when you guys just got into the tier. They’re back now.

I’m in TC Jayne

All is vain.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreaven.3172

Kreaven.3172

Yes, yes we should.

but i just came down with this wicked cough.

cough

looks like I have to stay home and turn everything red now!

I aaa umm… Cough must of got the same virus

Commander Ravana Mace[CERN] – 80 Ranger
~Tarnished Coast since the beginning

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

We have tons of folks who took a two week break when you guys just got into the tier. They’re back now.

I’m in TC Jayne

lol aw, I didn’t realize .. hehe. Still applies tho .. we were all napping for a bit. Now we’re refreshed.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Nightlight has been known for running during the SEA timeslot in the past, so I’m sure him coming back today has made a big difference.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Efface.8460

Efface.8460

yall are soo precious, lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: EdotMP.1835

EdotMP.1835

Hmmmm, judging from all the banter, looks like another week of no sleep and cat napping on down time.

Tarnished Coast – [TSF]
Unofficial Fruity Ezio

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Hmmmm, judging from all the banter, looks like another week of no sleep and cat napping on down time.

Meow?

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

Regardless of the ultimate outcome of this week’s battle I’m proud to say I’m a member of the TC server.

Serious grit and determination was on display.

Congrats to everyone that fought hard to the very bitter end.

Also congrats to DB for a hard fought week as well as your grace in victory over the past two weeks.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Puddin Cheeks.8539

Puddin Cheeks.8539

Gratz on the epic rally by TC over the past 18 hours. You guys really brought the house + kitchen sink.

- Puddin Cheeks [W]
- [EA] Elephant Ambush
- DragonBrand since 8/25/12

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Gratz on the epic rally by TC over the past 18 hours. You guys really brought the house + kitchen sink.

Where did we put that sink anyway? I’ve got a whole stack of dirty dishes here…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzspark.7052

Fuzzspark.7052

Mad props to Tarnished Coast for pulling out the lead. Good to see competitors that bring it, all the way up to the end.

Kryxl [WAR] Warsworn Dragonbrand Server

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Mad props to Tarnished Coast for pulling out the lead. Good to see competitors that bring it, all the way up to the end.

Thank you for being so gracious .. the old guard in DB always left that impression on me when we last met in T3.

That said, if our overzealous (posterior-hats) come out of the woodwork with the win, I’ll give everyone a cookie who ignores them.

It’s one of the reasons why I like being red, but blue is ok too.

It’s FA’s turn next week to whoop us both.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

Thank you for being so gracious .. the old guard in DB always left that impression on me when we last met in T3.

That said, if our overzealous (posterior-hats) come out of the woodwork with the win, I’ll give everyone a cookie who ignores them.

It’s one of the reasons why I like being red, but blue is ok too.

It’s FA’s turn next week to whoop us both.

Props on the huge push and perhaps the win! Well done!

I, too, am just waiting for that day when FA comes out to play – it’ll be a bloodbath!

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Score update for ya!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

I got beat down by 2 DB rangers in the EB Moles. I ain’t been bent over and spzanked like that since my Holy Paladin had the DPS partner lag out of a 2 v 2 Arena match in WoW against 2 Hunters who split up and flanked me.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

I’m really fond of T2. I’ve been playing WvW since release and these last couple of months have provided great competition. For months I never saw a match that wasn’t decided in the first three days, but that dynamic has been turned on its ear. TC is insanely strong through the week!

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Score update. I already posted this, but it mysteriously disappeared. shrug

Attachments:

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

I’m really fond of T2…TC is insanely strong through the week!

We’re insane 24/7. Toooast. Try the Toooast!

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

Dude, try this toast! It’s insane!

in Match-ups

Arkanfel.8403

Score update. I already posted this, but it mysteriously disappeared. shrug

Yeah I actually edited my post because half of it was me pointing out that you don’t need to post score updates anymore because DB cannot win. Congratulations are in order for sure, but at this point posting score updates is like rubbing salt in the wound. By my crash calculations, DB would have to tick close to 550 for the rest of the match to win.

I’m biased of course so take this with a grain of salt, but during the hours I usually play I don’t really feel threatened too much by the TC zerg. You guys play a great PPT game, but your tactical execution is middling. We apparently lost it eventually anyway, but by the time I logged out last night I had gained like three ranks, a few hundred badges, and filled my bags two or three times against TC zergs trying to rush in our home keep on EB. Honestly I think the best tactical guild in the tier is probably BT on Fort Aspenwood, but I don’t really think FA has the coverage to be consistently competitive here. If TC were to turn a corner with her tactical metagame, she could be ridiculously powerful.

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

OH! I think I know why DB suddenly came rampaging into DB Hills with all those golems!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: theguildless.1386

theguildless.1386

OH! I think I know why DB suddenly came rampaging into DB Hills with all those golems!

By the gods! I haven’t played for a few weeks; was that another addition in the latest patch!?

Always question your assumptions.
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: CyRuS.6915

CyRuS.6915

Nice work slaying the Dragon this week TC!!!

Anomaly

(edited by CyRuS.6915)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Harrish.8743

Harrish.8743

I’m biased of course so take this with a grain of salt, but during the hours I usually play I don’t really feel threatened too much by the TC zerg. You guys play a great PPT game, but your tactical execution is middling. . . . If TC were to turn a corner with her tactical metagame, she could be ridiculously powerful.

Unless you play 24/7, 7 days a week, on all 4 maps simultaneously, it’s hard to accurately gauge the level of play on any server. TC has some great commanders/guilds who execute complex strategies without a hitch. It also has zergs that run around like headless chickens. Same with every server.

The only real difference I’ve ever seen is that some servers are dominated by guild groups and others have more of a broad-based WvW following. Pros and cons to both. Having played on or against almost every server in the top 4 NA tiers, I’d stack our WvW guilds up against any of them.

Hellfire Circus [HfC]

in Match-ups

Posted by: thenoobler.7540

thenoobler.7540

I just remember what happened when DB/Mag/TC faced off in T3, before DB got their transfers. It was a bit of a slaughter back then…

What I’d really like would be a nice 3-way split of population, skill, and coverage for T2. I hate that things swing around so wildly. It’d be nice to have a nice, stable tier to play in.

We would like that very much as well.

Matches where it’s anyone’s game are just wonderful.

Loving Tier2!

Xiir – lvl80 Guardian – Dragonbrand Server
Guild Leader – Warsworn [WAR] – www.warsworngaming.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

You guys play a great PPT game, but your tactical execution is middling.

You haven’t seen TC operating at “normal” strength since coming to T2. Things should be different this upcoming week.

Unless you play 24/7, 7 days a week, on all 4 maps simultaneously, it’s hard to accurately gauge the level of play on any server. TC has some great commanders/guilds who execute complex strategies without a hitch. It also has zergs that run around like headless chickens. Same with every server.

The only real difference I’ve ever seen is that some servers are dominated by guild groups and others have more of a broad-based WvW following. Pros and cons to both. Having played on or against almost every server in the top 4 NA tiers, I’d stack our WvW guilds up against any of them.

And this.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

This could be the start of something new,
It feels so right to be here with you (FA),
And now, looking in your eyes,
I feel in my heart the start of something new.

(edited by Usagi.4835)

in Match-ups

Posted by: fragmented.9854

fragmented.9854

I’m biased of course so take this with a grain of salt, but during the hours I usually play I don’t really feel threatened too much by the TC zerg. You guys play a great PPT game, but your tactical execution is middling. . . . If TC were to turn a corner with her tactical metagame, she could be ridiculously powerful.

He’s talking about yesterday when it was a collection of TC militia trying to push in against a defended keep against an equal sized agg lead zerg. In his biased opinion the militia should have wiped them more often than not, especially since offense is easier than defense in this game. Not taking anything away from agg tho, they are an incredible guild and are one of the top guilds in the tier.

(edited by fragmented.9854)

in Match-ups

Arkanfel.8403

Sadly for my social life, I do actually come disturbingly close to playing 24/7, and play on all maps regularly. I’ve seen Tarnished Coast’s A-Team in action on a great many occasions, and it’s primarily them who I’m talking about. I can usually tell when we’re fighting a headless zerg, and I didn’t criticize TC’s strategic play. In fact, I think that’s their strong suit—where I think they’re a bit weaker is tactics.

Yup. DB is in the process (as near as I can tell) of sort of merging the two. For example, more than a few of my members have been chastised in /map for advertising a public TS—the community seems to feel as if they don’t need it, because they got to Tier 2 without using it. But I suspect that as time goes on more and more people will start to realize—especially during NA prime—that T2 is a different ballgame now. So at the moment our WvW efforts are mainly being quarterbacked by hardcore native WvWers, and the new guys like us and Agg. I think a lot of the native WvW regulars are still sort of doing their own thing. Whether or not that changes (and a unified server strategy develops) will be the main factor that decides whether DB can go to T1 or not, in my view.

in Match-ups

Urrid.4593

He’s talking about yesterday when it was a collection of TC militia trying to push in against a defended keep against an equal sized agg lead zerg. In his biased opinion the militia should have wiped them more often than not, especially since offense is easier than defense in this game.

So Militia can’t get a guild group out of a fortified keep and that makes for a middling tactical performance? Uh, okay?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gnat.5124

Gnat.5124

I transferred to TC about 2 weeks ago and I must say they are some of the nicest people I have ever played with. Even though the last two weeks were rather challenging in terms of wvw, I am glad I came here.

See ya all on the field.

Erin, the suicidal mesmer.

in Match-ups

Arkanfel.8403

You guys play a great PPT game, but your tactical execution is middling.

You haven’t seen TC operating at “normal” strength since coming to T2. Things should be different this upcoming week.

I’ve played like nine matches against you guys…

So Militia can’t get a guild group out of a fortified keep and that makes for a middling server performance? Uh, okay?

Two things:

First, as per the above quote I am not basing my opinion on TC’s tactical acumen solely on the experiences of last night. It was just the most recent example. I’m not trying to trash talk you guys, I’m just offering my opinion. Every server has their strong points and their weak points.

Secondly, TC wiped close to a dozen times between 9pm and 1am EST. If their “militia” could not secure the keep, they should not have kept trying in the manner they did. So yes, the strategy and possibly the tactics on display last night are fair to criticize, militia or no militia. People were coming in massed and following commander pins, so it’s not like there was NO organization. My point is that TC could have won any one of several of those fights but didn’t. Agg was actually not present for every single keep defense, and they only actually had maybe 30 people there at the height of their raid. The wide majority of DB’s players on EB last night were not in a “guild group.” Many belonged to WvW guilds, but Agg was the only organized guild group and they actually constituted an admittedly effective minority of our force. Agg definitely saved our kitten but to characterize last night as being “milita vs guild group” is a bit suspicious. Militias tend to attack each other, and FA and TC didn’t start fighting each other seriously until after 1am.

For the record, I’m not complaining about the double team (I had a blast), I’m just pointing out that you guys obviously had some organization going on last night. What happened on EB was not organic militia work.

(edited by Arkanfel.8403)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

I love Tier 2. We get to play some of the best worlds with and against some of the greatest people and guilds. Keep up the great work, Tier 2 worlds!

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

woot woot!!!! 8 days vacation! Other than workin on the yard and paintin the house. Its fun time on my mesmer and my awesome sub par pvp skillz! hehe,.

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Urrid.4593

I don’t think TC has played DB nine times even if you count the 1 day matches in September.

Either way, I look forward to bringing more “middling” tactical play to WvW this upcoming week.

<3 T2.

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

He’s talking about yesterday when it was a collection of TC militia trying to push in against a defended keep against an equal sized agg lead zerg. In his biased opinion the militia should have wiped them more often than not, especially since offense is easier than defense in this game.

So Militia can’t get a guild group out of a fortified keep and that makes for a middling tactical performance? Uh, okay?

Nope, I was there; lots of skill lag which hampered both sides but the reason they wiped us was because of better group composition on their part. Hammer squads hurt.

in Match-ups

Arkanfel.8403

I don’t think TC has played DB nine times even if you count the 1 day matches in September.

Either way, I look forward to bringing more “middling” tactical play to WvW this upcoming week.

<3 T2.

I’ll just wait here patiently for you to realize that I said “I” and not “Dragonbrand.”

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Responding just prolongs this.

Lets get back to the gracious interchange we had going earlier, rather than this sour stuff.

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

I didn’t criticize TC’s strategic play. In fact, I think that’s their strong suit—where I think they’re a bit weaker is tactics.

So if tactics = portal bombs and strategic play = knowing when to use portal bombs, for instance, how could we be lacking in either of those fields? You can’t have one without the other.

in Match-ups

Urrid.4593

Lets get back to the gracious interchange we had going earlier, rather than this sour stuff.

I am sorry Jayne, I am sorry thread…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

I’m a part of the militia btw, and while I believe that TC has an insane focus on training us, I really don’t think we can match a well organized guild whose inside a keep with a dozen arrow crats I’m assuming. I do agree that we’ll keep on coming after it unless a commander ordered us not to. :P

(edited by Shrouded.6450)

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

I am sorry Jayne, I am sorry thread…

It’s ok hon, I know you and others just want to proudly defend TC, but when it’s obvious people are being antagonistic, just let them. Hard to argue with yourself isn’t it?

Well, I bet Wyldkat could

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

Black Talons Weekly Recap video.

Week was boring. Much hate towards you ANet and your stupid Arrow Carts. I dream of you getting sat on by a naked fat man. In the snow.

in Match-ups

Posted by: fragmented.9854

fragmented.9854

Secondly, TC wiped close to a dozen times between 9pm and 1am EST. If their “militia” could not secure the keep, they should not have kept trying in the manner they did. So yes, the strategy and possibly the tactics on display last night are fair to criticize, militia or no militia. People were coming in massed and following commander pins, so it’s not like there was NO organization. My point is that TC could have won any one of several of those fights but didn’t. Agg was actually not present for every single keep defense, and they only actually had maybe 30 people there at the height of their raid. The wide majority of DB’s players on EB last night were not in a “guild group.” Many belonged to WvW guilds, but Agg was the only organized guild group and they actually constituted an admittedly effective minority of our force. Agg definitely saved our kitten but to characterize last night as being “milita vs guild group” is a bit suspicious. Militias tend to attack each other, and FA and TC didn’t start fighting each other seriously until after 1am.

For the record, I’m not complaining about the double team (I had a blast), I’m just pointing out that you guys obviously had some organization going on last night. What happened on EB was not organic militia work.

We had your keep until your entire server portaled in with the backing of agg. Yes agg might have only had about 30 people on but do you even realize how big of a force mulitplier that is? We were as organized to the point of following our commander, but we were not organized to the point where our builds/traits synergized and complemented each other and that is the difference. A deciding difference. A zerg consisting of 50 individuals vs 30 guilded + 20 individuals is heavily favored for the guilded zerg. It’s really not that hard to comprehend.

(edited by fragmented.9854)

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

…but during the hours I usually play I don’t really feel threatened too much by the TC zerg. You guys play a great PPT game…

Um. I wasn’t talking about WvW at all. With or without you, FA, DB, Taco Bell, or the crack in the Liberty Bell, we’re insane and all the happier for it. The Toast is the new normal, you just haven’t tasted it yet.