Mounts [Merged]

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tarkaroshe.8370

Tarkaroshe.8370

I’m all for mounts. Yes, we have a teleport system, which is akin to a public transport system in real life i.e. nice to have and will get you to specific points without you having to drive yourself, BUT it doesn’t take you to your actual destination AND can end up costing you a lot more money than if you owned transport yourself.

In other words:
Waypoint system:
Benefit: insta-travel to specific locations (not necessarily your destination).

Drawback: Can end up costing you a lot of money at high level if you portal around a lot.

Land based mounts:

Benefit: faster travel than running, with ability to take you to wherever you want to go faster than running. No cost per travel once purchased.

Drawback: possible high up front cost to purchase one.

And irrespective of what SOME think, mounts ARE a part of the guildwars universe. Some npc’s are notorious in the personal stories for having a “mount”.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mojo.2691

Mojo.2691

Mounts shouldn’t appear out of thin air anymore.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Tarkaroshe.8370

Flying mounts would be nice in WVW, so instead of breaking down gates we can swoop in from above and take the keep lol

Even though I know this was intended as a joke, this is what would happen if mount were added. Once you get land based mounts, then its speed needs to be increases, next would be combat on mounts(yes that would be cool), and next flying mounts.

With the waypoint system as it is now, mounts are not needed. They might be wanted for a cosmetic feel, but not needed.

Erm no. I believe that you are jumping to conclusions here just to make an extreme point.

The addition of land based mounts wouldn’t automatically justify and demand the need for inclusion of flying mounts.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Tarkaroshe.8370

Mounts shouldn’t appear out of thin air anymore.

They could do what AOC did, have the mounts gallop in from a point somewhere behind you.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Tarkaroshe.8370

no need for mounts, they cant increase speed for game dynamic reasons so they would be purely aesthetic, I’d rather devs spend time on content rather than pointless mounts.

Incorrect. There is no reason why certain mechanics couldn’t be put in place to deal with “dynamic reasons”. Such as dismounting / slowed when placed in combat. This kind of stuff is nothing new in the MMO industry. It’s been done for years.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Tarkaroshe.8370

Can this thread die already, There will never be mounts in this game, It would affect to much IE jump puzzles or the actually setting up and defending / attacking forts. Mounts just dont have a place in this game with the way points and the fact that EVERYONE gets a swiftness effect.

No mounts ever please.

LET this thread DIE!!!

1) No.
2) Say’s who? If you are referring to the devs, please provide a quote.
3) Why? Who says that mounts would be allowed to jump? The use of mounts in other MMO’s doesn’t trivialise jumping puzzles.
4) What has swiftness got to do with it? Just because swiftness is gained via one means doesn’t detract the need for mounts at all. Why? Well for one thing not everyone gets swiftness in all circumstances. In other words, its an option for travel. Not a necessity.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Tarkaroshe.8370

This isn’t World of Warcraft.

Yea, cos WoW invented the use of mounts in MMO’s.

Oh wait….

Seriously, get off that WoW Bashing Bandwagon, it’s narrowing your perspective.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Mounts should be available in WvW at stables (a point you would have to take and hold). You get a mount and when you dismount the mounts stays where you put it. If you don’t come back for it, someone steals it or it dies you’d have to get another one.

Definitively no. The WvW maps are already too small and mounts would make them even smaller.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spectra.9487

Spectra.9487

Mounts would be fun, and add another nice goal for gearing up in the game.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: datus.4187

datus.4187

Signed… however mounts are pointless to me without mounted combat. Ultima Online had mounted combat in 1998. I can’t believe modern MMOs have never been able to pull it off since. I think LoTRO just added mounted combat but it’s very zone restricted and weird.

If any team is talented enough to add this functionality it would be ArenaNet. Come on guys! I believe in you!

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Tarkaroshe.8370

Mounts would be fun, and add another nice goal for gearing up in the game.

Agreed. they are a “money sink” if done right. Not only could we buy the mount, but also buy customisation for it too (barding etc). This is nothing new in the MMO industry, it solely depends on how far the devs wish to go with the concept.

And given that Anet seem to love having a stranglehold on the economy at the moment, you’d think they’d be doing their best to implement as much money sinks as possible.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

What about mounts to bypass content. I think that would become a concern. GW2 has many areas that have large concentrations of mobs, right now you’re somewhat forced to deal with them if you’re trying to get somewhere. Mounts would serve to trivialize that danger.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drago.4158

Drago.4158

Mounts contribute to lazy gameplay and a “run past all the mobs” mentality. No.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: datus.4187

datus.4187

What about mounts to bypass content. I think that would become a concern. GW2 has many areas that have large concentrations of mobs, right now you’re somewhat forced to deal with them if you’re trying to get somewhere. Mounts would serve to trivialize that danger.

Most games handle this by forcing you off your mount if you get hit.

The bypassing content argument doesn’t fly with me. All the waypoints are a bit more ridiculous in my mind with regards to bypassing content. Even if you have to find them first, you only need to find them once and then you can bounce around anywhere instantly? Waypoints severely break up the flow of exploration.

Mounts would be far better than waypoints. You should have one recall stone that brings you to your major city, portals, and mounts. Nix the waypoints I say.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Tarkaroshe.8370

Mounts contribute to lazy gameplay and a “run past all the mobs” mentality. No.

Incorrect. In a lot of MMO’s, players are dismounted when they try to “run past all the mobs”.

In fact, don’t the waypoint do the same thing you are describing?

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Tarkaroshe.8370

Most games handle this by forcing you off your mount if you get hit.

The bypassing content argument doesn’t fly with me. All the waypoints are a bit more ridiculous in my mind with regards to bypassing content. Even if you have to find them first, you only need to find them once and then you can bounce around anywhere instantly? Waypoints severely break up the flow of exploration.

Mounts would be far better than waypoints. You should have one recall stone that brings you to your major city, portals, and mounts. Nix the waypoints I say.

Agreed. It’s amusing that people try to argue against the inclusion of mounts on the grounds of “trivialising content” when that is precisely what the waypoint system does. So essentially, they are for the waypoint system because it’s already in the game, but against mounts because they are not.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

every ‘Freaking mmo ’Implements mounts.
It’s ’Boring me out having to see a mount on every acre of the ’Play field…..

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaiserin.4781

Kaiserin.4781

I agree with OP – would love to see mounts if only strictly for fun and vanity’s reason. Just a silly old horse would be great. Doesn’t even have to move faster!

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mojo.2691

Mojo.2691

Perhaps they could be mainly for vanity but have a faster movement speed while on the road.

We may even see mount combat, you never know. If they do add mounts I hope it’s done differently than other games have done it.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

Perhaps they could be mainly for vanity but have a faster movement speed while on the road.

We may even see mount combat, you never know. If they do add mounts I hope it’s done differently than other games have done it.

Well, siege weaponry comes to mind.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Siege_weapon

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Alpha_Siege_Golem

That’s the only actual place i wouldn’t mind to see expansive mobile combat

(edited by Nhalx.9735)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aerynes.2358

Aerynes.2358

I think wings that speed you up would be cool, or maybe a speedy boot or something like that to buy from the depot. I do like the idea of mounts, but if a million players rez mounts that could become a lag problem, also in other games people spam mount sounds and that’s annoying. Maybe a mount for level 80 toons only, with some type of pathing so it’s only usable on the roads… I think that would be nice

(edited by Aerynes.2358)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: DjHeavyGrinder.7246

DjHeavyGrinder.7246

Not sure why all the GW’s 1 fanbois keep bringing up WoW and have such hate against mounts, but Ultima Online had a superior non-summoning mount system.

UO had a variety of mounts you can either buy from a stable or tame out in the wild that you could mount/dismount – but when dismounted the mount could be killed.

IMO if ArenaNet does decide to add mounts, I think this should be the way it is done. They could add horses (ground mounts only, no flying) that you could buy for maybe 50 copper or so that will last as long as you keep it alive.

Also I agree with the no mounts in cities, maybe have a stable outside before you enter where you can store your mount for a daily fee (charge a daily fee if you keep it there for over 24 hours).

As for PvP, I think it would be very useful also, maybe from stables inside the wvw map that you capture will allow you to buy horses with the same rules above, or just allow mounts that you buy in the pve map to enter with you in the wvw map.

(edited by DjHeavyGrinder.7246)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Varielle.9074

Varielle.9074

I haven’t read the entire thread…

but from a game design perspective it would be idiotic.
the world isn’t made to be traversed by use of mount. it’s to dense. to much water. to much mobs.

The world isn’t which is why some others have said it can be a cosmetic collectible for people who WANT to get into it. For those that thinks its pretty dumb or stupid, you can choose not to buy one. No one is forcing you to.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

Another problem would be how mounts will literally shrink the world… Previously massive, epic zones will become quick “Press your Autorun and Steer”

You can traverse several hundred miles in an instant using waypoints and warp gates, all that land in between may as well not even be there.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Felkes.2759

Felkes.2759

Way point costs get absurd in high levels, and travel distances become almost unbearably long. GW2 needs some kind of mounts. Vistas are wonderful, but they don’t let you take in the beautiful scenery the way that riding a mount through the countryside would.

I’d rather pay one big sum for a mount, which I can then ride around Tyria, still enjoying the scenery and exploring in a quicker manner than I could on foot, than pay ridiculous sums to jump to a waypoint, because I’m short on time, and or have other reasons I can’t run there (also, running around Tyria takes forever, it’s an impressively big world) and miss out on everything in between.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raedwulf.3712

Raedwulf.3712

Tarka, yes, we get the idea. You’d really, really like mounts. Spam replying to every post in this thread does not strengthen your argument. Anet have already said, on more than one occasion, that they’ve no intention of introducing mounts. The vast majority of players seem to be perfectly happy with this. It doesn’t stop one of these threads starting up every few days…

Guild Leader, The White Company, Piken Square

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadowborn.3529

Shadowborn.3529

Please add them in the future. Even if they aren’t completely “necessary” with waypoints scattered across the map, they serve as cosmetic/aesthetic collectibles for achievement-oriented players and it would add so much to the visual experience of leveling/exploring zones to be able to stroll around on a well-designed ground mount.

No no no…..we dont need them in this mmo thanks, enjoy the running it keeps you fit

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hawke.5980

Hawke.5980

IMO when they add everything we as humans can imagine and have nothing more to add to the game than and only than add the mounts. Cant see any reason at all to have mounts in this game. Not a single one. From all the thing they can add to game and fixes they can implement you are talking about mounts. Outrages at least.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: revoltnightrider.4370

revoltnightrider.4370

Please add them in the future. Even if they aren’t completely “necessary” with waypoints scattered across the map, they serve as cosmetic/aesthetic collectibles for achievement-oriented players and it would add so much to the visual experience of leveling/exploring zones to be able to stroll around on a well-designed ground mount.

No.

Lectio, quaestio, disputatio.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sernius Alathar.6538

Sernius Alathar.6538

What exactly would be mounts in Guild Wars? A minotaur, a Dolyak, ridiculous. If there were mounts there would be what a whopping 1? Jeeze, Mounts are just not part of the Guild Wars world, never will be, and never hope they are.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nepumuk.6071

Nepumuk.6071

We have helicopters, tanks, ships, submarines, air ships, huge armored transports, and what not, but no personal vehicles or mounts? The Heroes of Tyria being stuck with running around like Forest Gump can be quite the immersion breaker to be honest.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

I do not want mounts as they are in most MMORPGs.

However, properly implemented, they would be a great addition:
- Mounts don’t magically appear from the shadows. They stay wherever you dismount, and stay there waiting for you.
- The mounts have realistic movement (acceleration, deceleration, turning, etc)
- The mounts are given a health bar, and if they go below 50% of their health, they run away and leave you behind, and if they somehow reach 0% health, they become downed/die.
- The mounts are given a stamina bar, so that their normal speed isn’t amazing, and if you push them to run faster, they will get tired.
- There are appropriate costs to maintaining a mount – food, water, etc.
- The mounts have appropriate mounting and dismounting animations, not a silly “puff”.

This would make mounts less about rushing through content, and more about a realistic, seamless and immersive experience.

(edited by Nurvus.2891)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Tarkaroshe.8370

Tarka, yes, we get the idea. You’d really, really like mounts. Spam replying to every post in this thread does not strengthen your argument. Anet have already said, on more than one occasion, that they’ve no intention of introducing mounts. The vast majority of players seem to be perfectly happy with this. It doesn’t stop one of these threads starting up every few days…

Please can you provide a link to the Anet post where they said “that they’ve no intention of introducing mounts.”? If of course the ambiguity in your statement suggests that they have no intention of EVER adding land based mounts to the game.

I believe what they ACTUALLY said was that they have no intention of adding them *at the moment, but haven’t completely ruled it out for the future.* (meaning not in at launch).

As for the “the majority of players seem happy” statement, I do believe that you are jumping to conclusions based on the amount of people discussing this particular subject on the forums. Which, if this is truely the case, is a flawed foundation for your argument.

As for me “spamming”. I replied to a few different people on one day. That is not spamming.

(edited by Tarkaroshe.8370)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Sernius Alathar.6538

The Heroes of Tyria being stuck with running around like Forest Gump can be quite the immersion breaker to be honest.

If I base your view of immersion on the game they should be showing all bits of tedium between story missions were your eating, sleeping, sitting on the airship waiting to get to your destination while twiddling thumbs, they don’t show you how you map from place to place. Now honestly the only reason people want mounts apart from adding to their repertoire of ego stroking equipment is to get from place to place that doesn’t have waypoints faster, there is no other real reason why people want them.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Sernius Alathar.6538

I do believe that you are jumping to conclusions based on the amount of people discussing this particular subject on the forums. Which, if this is truely the case, is a flawed foundation for your argument.

This thread has what 30 replies from different posters, that’s not really that many. Yes there have been numerous threads, but most have been started by the same vocal minority. So in your own words “I do believe your jumping to conclusions based on the amount of people discussing this particular subject.” What should be noted is that just because “alot” of people are discussing this, does not mean they immediately all support it.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Tarkaroshe.8370

I do believe that you are jumping to conclusions based on the amount of people discussing this particular subject on the forums. Which, if this is truely the case, is a flawed foundation for your argument.

This thread has what 30 replies from different posters, that’s not really that many. Yes there have been numerous threads, but most have been started by the same vocal minority. So in your own words “I do believe your jumping to conclusions based on the amount of people discussing this particular subject.” What should be noted is that just because “alot” of people are discussing this, does not mean they immediately all support it.

Firstly, I agree that in comparison to the entire game population, the amount of people discussing a particular subject on a forum is relatively small.

Secondly, just because the numbers discussing a subject is relatively small, that doesn’t mean that those who aren’t discussing it are entirely FOR or AGAINST what is being discussed. Anyone who suggests otherwise, and who doesn’t have statistics to hand to prove their case, is merely speculating. You will note that the person I quoted is indeed suggesting that the majority of players are “perfectly happy” with a statement. When said statement may have actually been taken out of context by that person in the first place. In other words, they are basing their entire argument on what is possibly an incorrect interpretation of what was said, and then jumping to conclusions that the majority of the playerbase is happy with that interpretation.

Now, given that I have not suggested anything with regards to the majority of players in the game, what exactly was your point when you tried to throw my own words back at me?

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: tzko.2370

tzko.2370

No mounts, they have no functionality due to waypoints. But what would be great is an npc with a carriage that take players from one part to another part in the zone. No instant travelling but at faster then running speed. This could be free or not. Also chance for enemies attacking the vehicle in which case players need to defend in order to continue the journey…. could be fun I think.

But the mounts, like in wow, please no. It will only add to vanity and laziness of people. Before you know it people want more variation in the available models and want them as drops and such. Its not fun :S

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Tarkaroshe.8370

Please can you provide a link to the Anet post where they said “that they’ve no intention of introducing mounts.”? If of course the ambiguity in your statement suggests that they have no intention of EVER adding land based mounts to the game.

I believe what they ACTUALLY said was that they have no intention of adding them *at the moment, but haven’t completely ruled it out for the future.* (meaning not in at launch).

As for the “the majority of players seem happy” statement, I do believe that you are jumping to conclusions based on the amount of people discussing this particular subject on the forums. Which, if this is truely the case, is a flawed foundation for your argument.

As for me “spamming”. I replied to a few different people on one day. That is not spamming.

You believe whatever you want. I came on to the last page of this thread & half the posts were you trying to talk down people who are against what you want or agreeing with those on “your” side. I’ve seen what I’ve seen, over a lot of months. You’ve seen what you’ve seen. Who’s jumping to conclusions? But, I think, you’d obviously like to bias the argument your way by sly little bits of ad hominem. It’s a debating tactic I detest, so I’m not wasting any further words on you.

So let me get this straight, you drop into this thread, look at the last page of a thread, ignore all others and pass judgement on certain posters accordingly? And then you claim that I am the one throwing around sly ad hominem attacks and that I am somehow jumping to conclusions, which I haven’t actually made? Seriously?

I am just asking you to back up the claims you made earlier with evidence that supports your claims. Which, as of yet, you haven’t been able to provide.

The simple fact is that many arguments against the inclusion of mounts in the game are based on assumptions, misinterpretations and inaccurate assessments on not only other MMO’s but GW2 itself.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Tarkaroshe.8370

No mounts, they have no functionality due to waypoints. But what would be great is an npc with a carriage that take players from one part to another part in the zone. No instant travelling but at faster then running speed. This could be free or not. Also chance for enemies attacking the vehicle in which case players need to defend in order to continue the journey…. could be fun I think.

But the mounts, like in wow, please no. It will only add to vanity and laziness of people. Before you know it people want more variation in the available models and want them as drops and such. Its not fun :S

As much as I can understand the benefit of including “carriages” in the game from an RP perspective, I’m not sure that is a good argument against also including player owned mounts.

Also, whilst someone may not like to “farm” a particular boss for a particular mount, I can understand that, I’m not sure why someone would think that variety in general doesn’t add to the perception of “fun”.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dreamwalker.3617

Dreamwalker.3617

Look, guys.

The problem with mounts is that there’s really no need for them. We have waypoints, end of story.

If people want mounts only in a certain zone (like junundu in GW1), that might be cool. We could have mounted mobs and npcs, that would make things more interesting.

But other than that, I’m completely against the idea. And I’m pretty sure Anet is too.

That was so funny, I laughed twice.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Safire.9143

Safire.9143

Just festive mounts…

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I rather not see mounts in this game…But if they ever do..Please don’t go all Aion with skateboards and flying ninja boots and hovering clouds and hunpback whales and childish stuff like that.Really messes up the game,Dolyaks would be fine i guess…But still i just think mounts don’t really fit in this game.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Raedwulf.3712

“you are jumping to conclusions” “flawed” – ad hominem. "Anyone who suggests otherwise, and who doesn’t have statistics to hand to prove their case, is merely speculating. " What, like you? Ad hominem, cleverly disguised under cover of “look at me, I’m the rational one, it’s all those others…” I must be right, but anyone who says I’m not is merely “speculating”.

“…may have actually been taken out of context…” more subtle ad hominem – “I’m being reasonable, I’m sure he’s trying to be, but maybe he’s not very good at it”. The vast majority of EXPRESSED opinion I have seen says we don’t need mounts. The unexpressed opinion is irrelevant, because it could be anything. You seem to be arguing that we should introduce mounts because all those players who haven’t offered an opinoin might want them! Could that, just possibly, because you want mounts so badly?

“they are basing their entire argument on what is possibly an incorrect interpretation of what was said”. You’re not, of course. Couldn’t possibly be the case, could it? Yes, I am now being flagrantly sarcastic. “given that I have not suggested anything with regards to the majority of players in the game”. Yes you have. You’ve decided, without foundation, that what I’ve said HAS to be without foundation, otherwise you’d have trouble continuing to argue the case for mounts, therefore you have to deny it. I have been here throughout ALL of the BWEs; I have seen up to a dozen threads saying GW2 needs mounts, and the overwhelming reply from multiple posters has been that it doesn’t.

You want mounts. Yes, I accept that. I accept that there are other players who also would like mounts. I am NOT chasing around, trying to find links that you will probably wilfully interpret as supporting your p-o-v; you go look for them & stop being lazy. Anet have, reasonably conclusively, said they’ve no intention of introducing mounts, certainly not in the immediate future, probably never.

The majority of comment that I have seen says that is acceptable. I agree. As to your last direct response to me, I came back to this thread expecting to see exactly that. You attack those, me included, who say “no mounts”, yet provide none of the evidence you are yourself demanding. The simple fact is you are determined to argue your case. That’s fair enough. What isn’t is that you are providing none of the “evidence” you want from those who argue against you.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Tarkaroshe.8370

Raedwulf, when have I actually attacked anyone for having an opinion on the subject of mounts?

There is a BIG difference between using logic and common sense to highlight a flaw in the reason for having a particular opinion, and verbally attacking someone for actually having an opinion merely because it differs to ones own. You may wish to understand the difference between the two situations before accusing someone of something that they haven’t done.

Furthermore, highlighting a flaw in an argument is certainly different to jumping in on a thread, only reading the last page, and then proceeding to launch an obvious attack on someone with the opening line of “Tarka, yes, we get the idea. You’d really, really like mounts.” THAT is obviously an aggressive attack.

In short, if someone makes a claim that they are certain that something will / will not happen, then all reason suggests that they should present evidence to support that claim. Otherwise the validity of such a claim will, and should, be questioned.

Also, it’s quite hypocritical for someone to make a claim, cannot produce evidence to support their claim, and then call others “lazy” for not going to find that evidence themselves. Btw, stating that someone is obviously speculating, isn’t an attack.

Lastly, I find it interesting that YOU were the one implying that the majority of players were “perfectly happy” with your claim that Anet have no intention of including mounts. And yet, you accuse me of implying that the players were not. I have not actually said that. I was merely using logic to show how YOUR argument can work both ways.

Now, this conversation could go on for hours or days, so I’m going to suggest this:

How about we agree to disagree on the subject of the inclusion of mounts in the game in specific regards to our own personal opinions, and forget about what we both “think” Anet said or didn’t say? After all, Anet could possibly change their minds at ANY time of their own choosing and we’d have no say in the matter.

Whatever your decision, I’m fine with it.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bad Element.4613

Bad Element.4613

No Mounts Please.

There are enough ways to get around.

Ill take a guild cape tho?

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Raedwulf.3712

You use emotionally coloured words unnecessarily. You reply to pretty much every single post, arguing your p-o-v. I’ve used logic & common sense too. But they seem only to count when you use them. Your argument revolves around “I want”. You’re sufficiently subtle that maybe you don’t even realise you’re doing it. But you are committing ad hominem in defence of what you want. As I’ve already said (and which you don’t seem to want to acknowledge) the majority view that I have seen over several months says that mounts are CERTAINLY not needed and, my bias perhaps, on balance are not wanted either.

As for “only the last page”, have you noticed there’s only 3 pages? So how much do you think I read. Less than a third? When I originally answered, I’d probably read more like 70% (yes I skipped p.2 because, as you may have gathered, I’ve seen this thread again & again & again). But it’s better to assume & belittle, isn’t it? Not responding again. I’ve already picked up one infraction for talking to you. I suspect my last answer will get a second, and I reckon this one will pick up a third!

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: AdelaisAer.4109

AdelaisAer.4109

Mounts are absolutely useless in this game, even as cosmetical items. Pretty much all classes can haste themselves, and can use tonics to transform themselves. Also, if you want to have your own pet, just go Ranger.

One who prefers their own Elysium, a collected being of brilliant ambience and nurturing.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Tarkaroshe.8370

You use emotionally coloured words unnecessarily. You reply to pretty much every single post, arguing your p-o-v. I’ve used logic & common sense too. But they seem only to count when you use them. Your argument revolves around “I want”. You’re sufficiently subtle that maybe you don’t even realise you’re doing it. But you are committing ad hominem in defence of what you want. As I’ve already said (and which you don’t seem to want to acknowledge) the majority view that I have seen over several months says that mounts are CERTAINLY not needed and, my bias perhaps, on balance are not wanted either.

As for “only the last page”, have you noticed there’s only 3 pages? So how much do you think I read. Less than a third? When I originally answered, I’d probably read more like 70% (yes I skipped p.2 because, as you may have gathered, I’ve seen this thread again & again & again). But it’s better to assume & belittle, isn’t it? Not responding again. I’ve already picked up one infraction for talking to you. I suspect my last answer will get a second, and I reckon this one will pick up a third!

Seriously Raedwulf, do you not see what you are doing here? Do you not see how you are accusing me of things that you yourself are doing? Am I really responding to EVERY post? No. Right now, I’m mainly responding to ones directed at me. POSTED BY YOU.

When have I actually centred my arguement solely around what “i want”? If someone uses a sufficiently logical argument AGAINST the inclusion of mounts in the game, I will acknowledge it. But as of yet the only valid arguments against the inclusion of mounts are based on personal opinion. Not based on reasoning such as how mounts allow people to skip over content, when that is precisely what the waypoint system does.

“the majority view that I have seen over several months says that mounts are CERTAINLY not needed and, my bias perhaps, on balance are not wanted either.”

Really? Based on what evidence? forum posts? Or the members of your guild perhaps? Or have you actually asked every single person in the game? Or are you perhaps just speculating?

As for the “last page comment”, here’s what you originally wrote:

“I came on to the last page of this thread & half the posts were you trying to talk down people who are against what you want or agreeing with those on “your” side. "

Now, of course, you may state that you meant otherwise, but the above quote suggests that you skipped the preceeding pages and read only the last one. This is backed up by your accusation of me being the originator of half of the posts. Regardless of the fact that I hadn’t posted in this thread until that point.

But of course, it’s always better to overlook things that don’t support your argument isn’t it?

As I offered earlier, we can agree to disagree on the subject of personal preference. But let’s leave the whole “Anet said this” claim out of the discussion eh?

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: DandySlayer.7019

DandySlayer.7019

I only allow mounts if I get the Shatterer as my personal mount!

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

for the people asking for 100% of the time swiftness, i have a warrior with the signet elite that grants swiftness, and a warhorn that has the #4 skill for swiftness aoe effect. use both when you can and you have swiftness 95% of the time (without points in the “increase boon duration” trait, with points there you have 100%+ (aka you can keep on adding swiftness till max))
as to the mounts, no. i do not like ponies in this game, cause they are not needed.