Small things that bug you in (PUG) dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

The guy that says he will run lava in CoF p2 and dies every time.

I hate it when everyone just ports back without confirming who is going to do the lava part. More than once I have seen all 5 people port back only to have all 5 of us return to make the run as a group.

Rule #1

Do everything yourself until you see someone else do it faster.

Pre-patch, people thought you needed multiple people to kite wraiths in the wraithlord ritual. We used one.

So pug meta went from being what it is now pretty much to worse then back to what it is now? Difference being the mandatory afking in circles back then.

(edited by RemiRome.8495)

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

People that don’t read.
People that don’t want to learn.
Guardian staff 1 against single target boss.
Random fear out of the stack.
Didn’t read LFG.
Insults me via whisper after kicking them from party for not reading lfg.
The moment where the PUG says that they know more about everything than you do and doesn’t know the tells of a mob / a skill in their bar / or what’s a thief.

This too. Although, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is worse than a guard spamming hammer or symbols of swiftness/wrath when im might-stacking on ele. I see 6x Area Retal and I die a little inside…. then the rage errupts into /party chat.

I do hammer guard for dem infinite protection boon. I’ll let you stack might first tho.

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

My god I just saw a Warrior camping Rifle. I thought that was just a myth. And at AC against burrows no less… when the killshot didn’t even target the burrow. Lmao.

Safe to say I was on Guardian and kited at least 2 minutes for Hodgins. #puglyfe
One of the worst AC runs I had in a while with my “lv80s/be experienced” description.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

Posted by: Big Jay.1479

Big Jay.1479

My god I just saw a Warrior camping Rifle. I thought that was just a myth. And at AC against burrows no less… when the killshot didn’t even target the burrow. Lmao.

Safe to say I was on Guardian and kited at least 2 minutes for Hodgins. #puglyfe
One of the worst AC runs I had in a while with my “lv80s/be experienced” description.

At least you got past the burrow room. I have had a few pug groups waste hours at that part before quitting the run…

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

its almost as if something is telling you all to stop pugging and run with friends

like seriously, unless you’re masochistic like me don’t even bother pugging if it’s just going to make you wind yourself up

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

We pug for fun.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

“Friends”. I only know a couple that’d run dungeons and usually don’t want to ask my guild since there doesn’t seem to be many who’d share a similar mindset.

Joining a PvE dungeon guild though seems riddled with arbitrary or stringent criteria which seems too much work for me to really care about.

The thing is, I rarely even have reallllly bad AC groups. Even the one that camped Rifle, it was still relatively smooth as nobody wiped at end boss or died while running. However there are some hiccups like 4manning Kholer because one guy refuse to WP, the Rifle warrior, the Ele that didn’t clearly isn’t stacking might with just 800ap, and so on.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Again with not reading LFG description. Just last night had someone begging to run AC p2, on a p1 Any welcome group. Several people reminded him that it was a p1 LFG, but he insisted then went AFK…I don’t normally like kicking people, but we kicked him. I don’t care what class/build/AP/exp etc. you are in my groups,but PLEASE read the LFG, especcially the path.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

Reading is an exploit.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

I PugHowIWant

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: ThirdSketch.7139

ThirdSketch.7139

Today I joined a Fractal Rank 19 ground for a quick Daily.

The LFG said “Speedrun 3k+ AP”. Upon joining, I notice the horrible group setup, which I comment on. We’re talking no Guardian and two Thieves. However, I roll with it – it’s only Rank 19 after all. I point out to our Elementalist that Staff is an odd choice and he takes immediate offense, because he has 9K AP and I only 4K, even though I have the Fractal Frequenter at 500+ with Personal Reward at 50, while he is somewhere at 20(!).

We finally get to Bloomhunger where, within seconds, everyone except me (Zerk Warrior…) wipes, because the Area of Effect fields are shiny, I guess. Shorty after they grant me with a kick because my idea of a “Speedrun 3k AP+” involves at least some kind of skill. This was pure comedy, I am still laughing.

(edited by ThirdSketch.7139)

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

Never join AP req groups.. its a lie… needs better lfg captcha.

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

‘p1 no kittens’
In Open World Content category.
Edit: word starts with R, followed by etards.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

People that don’t listen is my number 1 pet peeve.

This. So much this. I’ve seen a lot of horrible builds (“full apothecary support staff camping guard” etc) so I pretty much don’t mind those anymore. But if people don’t know their kitten, don’t listen, kitten everything up and in the worst case, even act like they know everything and are gw2 gods while getting downed by a single trash spider in AC (had that happen…) my finger gets all itchy and wants to kick someone.

I doubt that this qualifies as “small thing” anymore though. :P

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

People that can’t/wont read ^^

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

This one time I joined a fractal. I said “I can come on ele, guard, mesmer, warrior, or ranger, but I’m not so good at mesmer or warrior.” To the group. They said mesmer. I said okay.

So we are doing it. I’m sucking hardcore. They kept saying “mesmer do x, do y,” I just said okay and tried to do what they said… but again I suck at mesmer. We get pre patch dredge. I follow directions. I die in the room and they were like “mesmer you need to stay alive!” And I’m like “I told you I suck ed at mesmer.” And they said “Apparently you weren’t lying.” And I left party and logged off and played minecraft.

QQ

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

maha.7902

you should have logged ele and said

i play how i want

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

This one time I joined a fractal. I said “I can come on ele, guard, mesmer, warrior, or ranger, but I’m not so good at mesmer or warrior.” To the group. They said mesmer. I said okay.

So we are doing it. I’m sucking hardcore. They kept saying “mesmer do x, do y,” I just said okay and tried to do what they said… but again I suck at mesmer. We get pre patch dredge. I follow directions. I die in the room and they were like “mesmer you need to stay alive!” And I’m like “I told you I suck ed at mesmer.” And they said “Apparently you weren’t lying.” And I left party and logged off and played minecraft.

QQ

*cuddles

Attachments:

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

‘p1 no kittens’
In Open World Content category.
Edit: word starts with R, followed by etards.

LMAO I love “lfm p1” posts in non-dungeon LFG sections xD

The extra requirement was just icing on the cake!

pdavis.8031

So last night, doing a level 7 fractal run. Get to Mai Trin, Party wipes in the first set of cannons (they were trying to rez during the cannons). Not a huge deal. One member quits. We find another quickly, but one person decides to “hang back so Mai won’t reset if we wipe”. Leaving us to 4 man it.We finish Mai just fine, no downs, no deaths, no problem. Then person “hanging back to avoid reset” jumps in to tag and get chest and acts like they helped with the fight.

I don’t normally like kicking from my party, unless you randomly go afk for a long period WITHOUT telling anyone and are not responding. But I was so close to kicking them when they said they weren’t going to join in the fight and just let us do the dirty work.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

fractal lvl 50, 3 guards, 3 staffs @ mossman, 1 wall. whataaaaaa?

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

3 guards 1 wall.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

CoE: 2 guards, 2 hammers, walls for alpha only.

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Also, people like this.

Camped rifle the entire time (heal food, pvt gear (99% sure of this) , condition damage rifle) would not even take 1 banner, just used all signets, they also had no ar and died all over the place, (actually, 3 people in the party had no ar and kept dying, a staff guardian and sceptre ele who wouldn’t stack might and spent most of the time autoattacking in fire……)

Needless to say, 99% of the time, pugs make me cry.

Attachments:

Posted by: Artasqweroldy.7458

Artasqweroldy.7458

Elitist that kick me on sight when im playing Engineer, even when their LFG description dont says that they dont want engineers -.-

Humans aren´t real

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

5k+ AP thief. Was bad as my first day on guild wars. sigh

Edit: We were in SE story mode and I had to switch from my lowbie warr to my ele so we can make it through.

Attachments:

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

when they dont know how to do it and i tell them but they just keep typing out what it says in the wiki like i dont exist and then we wipe again….i dont know much but i do know a couple things….. i think i must be an idiot but im the only one who doesnt know it…this is what the evidence suggests… thanks for letting me tag along guys and carrying my idiotness

minecraft is the best game ive ever played…dropped in the middle of nowhere with nothing but a piece of zombie flesh to keep me from starving…creeper got into our chicken farm….

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

When people are condescending while running selfish builds in a dungeon that requires a little bit of support to go smoothly.

Case in point: I went to SE p1/p3 with three warriors and two eles (me being one of ele). All the warriors run the classic 6/5/0/0/3 build with Banner covered. The other ele run scepter/daggers and (maybe) conjured weapons.

Path 1: at the golems, everyone dutifully stacked against the wall as if they were expecting for the golem to walk to them on its own… 20 seconds of staring contest. It then ended with me dropping LH to launch the golem to that said corner and pulled my glorious el’sploit gsword to finish the champ. At Nokk, it was nothing short of YOLO with only me providing Swirling Wind and the warriors frantically trying to CC off CD. In fact, the only projectile negation provided during both path coming from me gives me such a bad impression on my fellow ele. At Tazza, she decided me to be her sworn enemy and threw at me all her CC and spiking attack. I couldn’t even freeze her with ice bow because of the CC-fest so I just yielded and died. Fair enough!

In path 3: The same group. At Volkov, it’s me again to provide Swirling Wind. Then I noticed 25 stacks of bleed in every single party member after the first 10 second of the fight. My ele dropped faster than a watermelon drops from the second floor of my apartment building – well, fast enough that I couldn’t drop my fgs to cleanse in time. At this point, I just gave up and went along with this group. At the very end when we said goodbye after getting our reward, our ele spoke: ‘ty for the group with such miserable DPS’. Whoaa!!! such sc—bag elitist I have not come across since forever!

[MYTH] is the tag, it seems.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

DonQuack.9025

myth…. iirc I had some not so good runs with them. But knowing the naming convention for guilds there may be dozens of [Myth]

Lilith Ajit.6173

When I used to play more (my 12 hour per day dungeon running times) I hated seeing other ele pugs. They were exactly that type. Not very good but so proud of themselves for “mastering” an attunement dance on staff. It was incredibly frustrating. However I also hated it when they were better than me. Because then I was that bad pug ele

Nowadays…. if I see pug eles I typically run. I run faster from pug eles than I do from pug rangers.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

From time to time I run into this amusing type of PUG warrior.
He pretends to be berserker, but wont use banners instead of his 5 signets.
Melee weapons are not really in his comfort zone and when it comes to skips, he cries for stealth or the team sticking with him. He downs a lot and demands to be rezzed while I’m soloing lupicus. If someone makes a mistake however, for example pulling a mob in the room before lupicus, he’ll be the first to shout in caps however: “WTF MESMER YOUR SO NOOB, EXP GROUP ONLY” or stuff like that.
For me he’s thats the kind of cof1 zerker who’s draging the group down more than anything else.

RIP game 2012-2014

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

From time to time I run into this amusing type of PUG warrior.
He pretends to be berserker, but wont use banners instead of his 5 signets.
Melee weapons are not really in his comfort zone and when it comes to skips, he cries for stealth or the team sticking with him. He downs a lot and demands to be rezzed while I’m soloing lupicus. If someone makes a mistake however, for example pulling a mob in the room before lupicus, he’ll be the first to shout in caps however: “WTF MESMER YOUR SO NOOB, EXP GROUP ONLY” or stuff like that.
For me he’s thats the kind of cof1 zerker who’s draging the group down more than anything else.

Not to mention that he’s responsible for 99% of the “QQ Zerk Elitists! QQ” threads here…

Posted by: beastie.4536

beastie.4536

usually it’s the moron who tried to boss people around made me snapped. I remember doing fractal with 4 heavies and they accused me for giving boss 4 stack of “Defiance” Buff because i used frostbow aoe skill 4(bleed) on the boss sigh. And today another noob ele trying to be smart.. we’re doing Snowblind Fractal, I told everyone when we get teleported go behind the tents to avoid pulling icy elemental to the grp. He just told everyone to focus on the boss and ignore the icy elemental, pulling all the icy elementals to the grp and wiped us 3 times…

Mike O’Brien: "We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Not a dungeon, but…

It PUGS me that you didn’t put a Pun on Bugs/Pugs in the title.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

Pfft, General Volkov does what he wants, a simple thing like condition damage won’t stop him.

Iris Ng.9845

If it’s really only 2 meters up in the air it would be around 0,6 seconds. That would mean the damage per bleed is 733/sec. That’s around 14000 condition damage at lvl 65. stronk.

0.6 sec seems about right. But 14000 condition damage (?!!) Where does it come from? Show your math!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

733 damage per bleed stack requires about 14000 condition damage at lvl 65 (not precisely, but pretty close). 35 from level, the remaining 698 need to be achieved with condition damage. Since bleeds scale with 0,05 or 1/20th of your condition damage, you’ll need 20x that amount, or roughly 700×20 = 14000.
I do admit however that I was calculating with 11k hp for your ele, which is of course not the case at lvl 65…

RIP game 2012-2014

(edited by Agony.3542)

Iris Ng.9845

6 k HP max =.="

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Pick’s up FGS and spams 1.
Full melee toons that try to pull, ends up pulling everything in the god kitten room, with Ranger in party.

Artasqweroldy.7458

Classism i.e. People kicking me without a comment on sight for rolling an Engineer (full zerk, scholar runes and a 6/6/0/0/2 build with Bombs+Nades). Heck, if they are stupid Classists they should write “no class x”/“only class x;y;z” into their LFG -.-

Seriously, im sick of that class discrimination + it makes me rage to see other engis rolling flamer AA and therefore lowering Engis reputation…

Humans aren´t real

Lilith Ajit.6173

For engis I don’t think it’s really a reputation thing (rangers, yes) but a “what pugs perceive as useful” thing. They often don’t understand combo fields ans blasts and the like so they see an engi and have no idea what it does. Also from what I understand, while engi can do almost anything and fulfill many roles in a group it does not do as well as other classes, so people would just rather the thief for stealth, ele or warrior for might… but vulnerability is all engis so it’s possible they don’t care much about that. Not sure.

Most engi pugs I meet are very good tbh. The class attracts a certain type of player I really appreciate in my runs.

[ARES]

Artasqweroldy.7458

Yeah, actually there are many good engis out there, but you dont see them in Dungeons that often… neither the good nor the bad ones.

Humans aren´t real

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

Classism i.e. People kicking me without a comment on sight for rolling an Engineer (full zerk, scholar runes and a 6/6/0/0/2 build with Bombs+Nades). Heck, if they are stupid Classists they should write “no class x”/“only class x;y;z” into their LFG -.-

Seriously, im sick of that class discrimination + it makes me rage to see other engis rolling flamer AA and therefore lowering Engis reputation…

What i hate from flamethrower engs is that i barely can see the boss because of all that flame effects. Once i pugged CM p3 and we had 2 flamethrower engs in the group, i simply couldn’t see which direction Sure-shot Seamus was facing. Also grenade engineers make me lag a lot in CM too.

DonQuack.9025

What i hate from flamethrower engs is that i barely can see the boss because of all that flame effects. Once i pugged CM p3 and we had 2 flamethrower engs in the group, i simply couldn’t see which direction Sure-shot Seamus was facing. Also grenade engineers make me lag a lot in CM too.

Unfortunately I that is slowly becoming a problem for me. I usually ask any engies “ft?” if they respond “whats that ?” they stay but unfortunately nades are bloody blinding.

Posted by: Cavendish.2168

Cavendish.2168

I dont mind if someone is using tanky gear or not using a max dps build, but it kinda bothers me when people run pvp builds in dungeons; like triple meditation guardians, 3 spirit rangers, PU torch wielding or shatter mesmers with no reflects, shadow arts theives.

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

I dont mind if someone is using tanky gear or not using a max dps build, but it kinda bothers me when people run pvp builds in dungeons; like triple meditation guardians, 3 spirit rangers, PU torch wielding or shatter mesmers with no reflects, shadow arts theives.

Oh the classic 10k+ AP pvp player who “humbly” device to partake in jolly cooperation with us “pve noobs”, yet dying here and there with abismal dps

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

maha.7902

Not so much something that bugs me, but whenever I pug arah and I’m playing like complete cancer and we wipe a few times on Lupicus, I always always always always always get one guy in the group whispering me saying some variation of this group sucks or I wish we could solo/duo. like, I don’t even know what gives them the idea that I know what I’m doing when I eat the floor from some stupid error ;p

only thing that bugged me recently was that when leashing the risen before belka they went ahead and triggered it, I had deadeye aggro and got trash canned – they die twice on spider skip so I solo abom, they die in phase 2 lupi (I was in rabid and holding aggro as a result, annoyingly, so I thought rather than give them an easy ride I would purposely position myself so that they are in the cleave of his kicks and swipes – I hate when people just camp the opposite side and afk it) so I soloed phase 3 – we do alphard (switched to zerkburger obviously) and then one of them says “I wanted to actually play the dungeon, not watch someone else solo it”

well if you wanted to play the dungeon

stop wiping on bosses and failing skips

¬_¬

RemiRome.8495

I don’t even know what gives them the idea that I know what I’m doing when I eat the floor from some stupid error ;p

[DnT] would be a pretty good indication I guess.

Unless you run untagged and the legends of your heroic adventures have spread far through the land.

pdavis.8031

Ran a pug group with one guildie last night. Kept failing Defend Hodges in AC p1. Guildie was kicking people left and right, kicked some engis on sight, on MY “Any Welcome” LFG. Then changed the LFG to “exp 80 speed run”. I almost left at that point. We managed to get through it. Barely.

On the bright side though, I ran another pug (without said guildie) for AC P3 and did rather well, ended up staying with 2 from the group to go on and do 4 more runs. Ended up with a guild invite and some new friends

recognize my command!”

RemiRome.8495

That’s just sad. Any reason you couldn’t duo the burrows other than your guildie needing to be carried?