Open world Duels [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: negerleif.2106

negerleif.2106

okey Stale and Sorudo can you tell us all why you go so far to not have duels in the game?
it wont effect you if me or anyone else fight a duel anywhere….

and this “sorudo.9054:
i already designed a system for duels and against duel griefing, arena teleporting.
you ask someone to duel when they have it switched on, the other one agrees and they are teleported in to an arena.
when they are done they are teleported at the exact place they were, just like when you go to the HoM.
-it removes spammers
-it makes duels fair
-duels don’t ruin PvE
oh and one more thing, the part where duels are on, that’s switched off on default to stop the newbie griefers.”
this is just stupid. i cant believe you guys… cant you see most people want OPEN WORLD DUELS! so just stop going on about the god kitten arenas! thats a kittenty idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Dude, open world duels will:

-break events when aggro happens on duelists (or duelists aggro stuff)
-clog waypoints
-introduce griefing whiners (the previous thread before the merge was full of people who admitted they wanted it purely to troll new people.)
-bring the whiney “duel me bruh” freaks that that other game is overrun with.

none of these are good things.

in Suggestions

negerleif.2106

and most of it wont even happen….

in Suggestions

negerleif.2106

how can this thread still be ignored by Anet.
its HUGE with almost 600 comments and still no awnser.

im starting to feel that we will never have the joy of fighting epic duels in the world of Tyria. this makes me sad…

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

how can this thread still be ignored by Anet.
its HUGE with almost 600 comments and still no awnser.

im starting to feel that we will never have the joy of fighting epic duels in the world of Tyria. this makes me sad…

1) Be sure they are reading the forum constantly.
2) They didn’t come on this thread just to say “NO”. It’s obviously an important thing and they are thinking about it pretty carefully.
3) Once they decided, they will send a “representative” to give us an answer. Until then, we’ll keep pushing until we get 1000 comments.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

about dam time we get open world duels

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

-clog waypoints
-introduce griefing whiners (the previous thread before the merge was full of people who admitted they wanted it purely to troll new people.)

I’m afraid I don’t understand a couple of your points.

One, how would dueling break events? If people are dueling and not doing the event then scaling doesn’t apply to them, no more than someone af’k in an event area. The event only sees people who are doing the event. And if they get aggro from event mobs, then they will have to stop dueling to deal with it. At that point they are doing the event.

The other was, clog waypoints. How would they clog waypoints? You can still travel even if people are standing on a waypoint. And what difference does it make if people duel on top of a waypoint or somewhere else?

in Suggestions

negerleif.2106

-clog waypoints

I’m afraid I don’t understand a couple of your points.

One, how would dueling break events? If people are dueling and not doing the event then scaling doesn’t apply to them, no more than someone af’k in an event area. The event only sees people who are doing the event. And if they get aggro from event mobs, then they will have to stop dueling to deal with it. At that point they are doing the event.

The other was, clog waypoints. How would they clog waypoints? You can still travel even if people are standing on a waypoint. And what difference does it make if people duel on top of a waypoint or somewhere else?

well said.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shanok.5396

Shanok.5396

Duels? /SIGNED!!!!
-You could balance it by restricting it in the cities and only allow it in the open world!
-Having small arena cirkles outside every city were people could gather and duel eachother!
-Also both players/partys has to agree to the duel
-You should also be able to ignore duels in the options menu!

If Anet realy listens to the players they should add this asap! No one cares about balance just add it!!!!! <3 Peace

in Suggestions

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

I would be ok with designated areas to duel. Some of the less traveled areas could get some much needed traffic. Something along the lines of " you are entering an open pvp area" as a warning when you enter said area.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cele.5467

Cele.5467

Dueling, direct PtoP trade, inspect, and Trading post linkable to chat items

Im a photographer, Visit my website :D http://cele-cam.deviantart.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: AlphaDuck.7592

AlphaDuck.7592

/signed
If I could change one thing about gw2 I would add duels. Idk where some people are getting these absurd ideas about having to wade through oceans of duelers to get to where they want to go, or not being able to use waypoints because they were somehow clogged up with duels.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

I really love the idea of duels on agreement, but I dislike the way people want it to be in a designated area. Make the whole map the battle ground! Combat only ends if one of the players dies, leaves the map or chooses to disengage.

Can you imagine the type of cat-&-mouse games you can have like that? Imagine having to hunt somebody down inside LA or Divinity’s Reach?

And why not in the cities? People are spamming spells all day in LA anyway. You probably wouldn’t even notice if somebody was actually fighting.

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

in Suggestions

Posted by: redhand.7168

redhand.7168

No more of this holographic dragon kitten. Make something practical please. +1 for open world duels/duel arenas. Heck, duel arenas would even repopulate some of the deadened starter cities. I mean, what are those even used for nowadays?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Noshiz.8650

Noshiz.8650

You got my vote as well.

I would love to see some duels.

in Suggestions

negerleif.2106

*bump*bump*bump*

in Suggestions

negerleif.2106

nothing so far…. i need this!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vasilis.1963

Vasilis.1963

Will they ever answer to this thread?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wolfbane.3756

Wolfbane.3756

I think that open world dueling would be awesome, but I can see how it could be a problem in cities. Every other MMO I have ever played had this function and I never saw any of the problems that I see people complaining about on this thread. In my experience if someone challenges you to a duel and you decline they generally just run off and do something else. They should allow it outside the cities and maybe only allow dueling in cities in a fighting arena in each major city. Adding duels would make yet another way that players could interact with each other and adding the fighting arena would make the cities a lot more interesting. I fully support this feature especially if an auto-decline option was added for when you just don’t want to bother with it.

(edited by Wolfbane.3756)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Luquatic.3825

Luquatic.3825

I really would like to see open world dueling and inspecting other players in PvE. We can already inspect people in PvP when we’re spectating them, why not let us inspect peoples armor in PvE?

A Thief on Desolation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bebylos.5491

Bebylos.5491

Its just unaccaptable that there isnt a dueling system in game yet.

Spvp arenalike matches are tragic because the majority of players want to play with their “real characters” full equiped, i want to duel with my characters that i spend hours of gameplay to progress, i want to duel friends and guildmates even testing attacks etc.

As long as dueling (and GvG) missing from this game WvW will turn garbage day by day with people trying to find a corner in a map to duel random people getting ganked by others that happend passing by and be frustrating cause you have to do 50 other things and waste time searching for a duel instead of clicking a button like in every other game.

Its unaccaptable that no one from arenanet answering this thread so people know what to expect.

Its unaccaptable in a 10 months mmorpg game in 2013 STILL ASKING FOR A DUEL SYSTEM.

Necrosis [Necr] – Piken Square
Website http://necrosis-gaming.gr

in Suggestions

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

Dueling where? It was supposed to come out “some time after launch.”

Some people have resorted to making WvW duel-finding guilds to fill this gap. Seriously, it hasn’t even been mentioned in development anywhere, and I’m pretty sure there’s a significant number of players that would love to 1v1 in their PvE gear. When is this going to happen?

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

in Suggestions

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Oh Im sure people havent forgotten, although all the threads have been merged into 1 under ‘suggestions’ Its still a very sore topic, and I still vote no.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

You can duel in custom arenas now. There is no need to duel in PvE because dueling is a PvP activity.

That is the solution. There are no other solutions planned.

in Suggestions

LanfearShadowflame.3189

You can duel in custom arenas now. There is no need to duel in PvE because dueling is a PvP activity.

That is the solution. There are no other solutions planned.

Yeah, she’s talking about open world dueling. They aren’t happy with custom arenas…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I never saw Anet say that dueling would come out sometimes after launch. And every thread about it is filled with opposition to it.

in Suggestions

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I never saw Anet say that dueling would come out sometimes after launch. And every thread about it is filled with opposition to it.

There is a mention of it on the wiki, in the upcoming changes and features page, under “mentioned” A single line, with no additional detail. Apparently something that was mentioned in passing during the beta weekends.

Edit: The screenies of his conversation do say they want to add support for ‘world dueling’ and he does say empty [pvp] servers are good for that (dueling). However, since this is pre-launch much what was originally intended could have changed by now.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

not interested, go to a custom arena for your dueling needs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I lost interest in duels when Ascended gear came out. I don’t really feel like grinding that gear out, ankitten ot interested a duel with stacked odds if I fight someone who did.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

not interested, go to a custom arena for your dueling needs.

This.

People bother me enough in WvW with demands to duel. I definitely do not want PvE overrun with the same crap.

in Suggestions

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

I’m pretty sure most of the players who were really interested in dueling have gone back to WoW or some other mmo.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

i want dueling, dueling with my pve gear, not being limited to garbage pvp amulets.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

+1000000 to OP

Duel system in open world will be perfect.

Is very anoying to go to a duel in custom arenas.

Also can we use our PVE equipment in custom arenas?

If not, i dont see the purpouse of a good gear but WvW.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

+1000000 to OP

of course you can’t, if you could i’d be in pvp every day

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Dueling where? It was supposed to come out “some time after launch.”

Some people have resorted to making WvW duel-finding guilds to fill this gap. Seriously, it hasn’t even been mentioned in development anywhere, and I’m pretty sure there’s a significant number of players that would love to 1v1 in their PvE gear. When is this going to happen?

Find me one time where the developers have ever said that dueling was coming to this game, let alone after launch.

Speak for yourself, but not a “significant number of players”, as to each their own. I’m sure people understand -or at the very least should understand- that as an MMORPG, this game is not balanced around 1-vs-1 fighting, thus should never have a set up in that fashion. All it would do is cause balance complaints and issues that would bring headaches to A.Net (which I’m sure they don’t want).

in Suggestions

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

I really don’t care if others want to duel. Each person finds their own enjoyment in games like these. But, if it was ever implemented, the only thing I would demand is that there be an option to “Ignore Duel Requests” so that people like me don’t have to be bothered by it.

But, seriously, if a couple of people want to kill each other for kicks, go for it.

in Suggestions

SoLeciTO.3490

so?

i mean is very easy to make a structured duel system, just send the duel invitation to someone in open world and if they accept it, then they can start dueling.

There is not a single negative aspect to this.

You could actually have a option to decline automatically all of the duel request if you are a full PVE mob killer player.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Never read about open world duels coming to the game, but hoping nonetheless <3

Also I fail to understand why people could be against it: just have an autodecline option and you are set. It’s not like people can’t already ask you to duel them in a custom arena if they want to bother you.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

It was said during beta that they where working on open world duels as well as custom arena 1 vs 1 after launch.

I personally want open world duels, because to me, dueling is more of a fun mini game activity than actual pvp. 1 vs 1 is not balanced, but it’s fun to do in the real world. I am not a fan of going to the mists. it doesnt feel like my character, it feels like a tutorial mini game lobby full of ghosts.

you cant have your entire guild dancing around you like that.

I don’t see how open world dueling effects people who don’t want it. just give them a box in options so they can auto-ignore duels, and let those of us who wants it, have it. please:D

in Suggestions

SoLeciTO.3490

I really dont know why anet put many resources on this temporal content and dont focus on permament greate functions like this duel system.

It will be greate if a dev can tell us something about this.

Sorry for my bad english i try my best.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

A lot of replies that basically parrot what I already said. There are actually three stances on dueling. The “No Way” people, the “I Need it Now” people, and the “Whatever” people. The last one is me.

As long as it is implemented so that it doesn’t interfere with my gameplay, I really don’t care. It just needs to be done in a way that people like me won’t really be bugged by it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

I don’t see how open world dueling effects people who don’t want it. just give them a box in options so they can auto-ignore duels, and let those of us who wants it, have it. please:D

If something like this ever did go live, I’d also like the option to make duelers and their gawkers invisible. I don’t need y’all cluttering up the world with duels either.

in Suggestions

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

They will never implement it because it will lead to MORE people whining how this class is OP vs another class, even though the game is technically balance around group play.

+1000000 to OP

of course you can’t, if you could i’d be in pvp every day

Nothing screams I am a noob than needing PvE gear in other to PvP, in a game mode designed to be more balance.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Custom Arenas are the answer to your prayers. They’re balanced.

Also, the Windmill in (insert server here) BL. They’re unbalanced.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Can we all forget about dueling?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Can we all forget about dueling?

+1.

We should all forget about Guild Halls, Mounts and Player Housing too.

in Suggestions

Wolfheart.1938

I say we forget about bug fixes, culling and the SAB. (ç_ç what did I just say)

in Suggestions

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

Just another item on list of the features GW2 needs to implement to be considered a good MMO.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I actually had forgotten about it till I read the OP. But, at the rate my block list is growing the last thing I want to see is someone, who probably already belongs on my block list, with the ability to put up dueling requests. We already have dueling opportunities, just head over to HotM. You can actually duel there all day. Just please leave it out of the open world experience.

in Suggestions

Wolfheart.1938

Bah, by the same logic instruments shouldn’t have been released because people could’ve used them to annoy others, and the map chat shouldn’t exist because some use it to spam.