Feedback/Questions: MegaServer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I’m right there with most of the complaints and it’s painful to see that this isn’t something that people will just settle on. I see far less players on our server than before and far more reason to join guilds like TTS. I can’t even stress enough that not only the development time into the API, but the players that developed API based sites have been hung out to dry. All the problems the mega server caused, the only real benefit is more people on the maps, which in some cases isn’t even a benefit since bosses melt and they are on fixed timers, ensuring they melt.

I really wish i could see a positive worthy enough of the effort, but right now, I can only see negatives. I’m going to continue to QQ till i at least get a sense of server community back.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

The megaserver sounded great in concept when it was first released…

…but so far my experience is that the extra population doesn’t really help much and actually causes more problems:

- Guild missions often become a pain on maps when separate groups end up on different copies of the map.

- Events such as the Crown Pavilion are even worse when you try to do them with a guild group since servers often become full, preventing your friends from joining you.

- The effect on the Queen’s Gauntlet was also that you had to wait longer to get an arena each time.

Posted by: Elagos.6029

Elagos.6029

Hello all,

Just a quick note to let you know that we still have a dedicated team working on improving the megaserver issues.

Meh… too little too late for me. Drop me a mail when you actually release fixes for all the problems and I’ll read the patch notes. If they look promising, I may be back, until then its just empty promises and fluff. I have better things to do in other titles than stand around in here at wp’s waiting for spawns… spend 50 min or so per hour just idle, its turned into a waiting simulator

I’ll look out for a ‘hey we just fixed our megaserver bugger up please come back’ email, but won’t be holding my breath

Have fun

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Meh… too little too late for me. Drop me a mail when you actually release fixes for all the problems and I’ll read the patch notes. If they look promising, I may be back, until then its just empty promises and fluff. I have better things to do in other titles than stand around in here at wp’s waiting for spawns… spend 50 min or so per hour just idle, its turned into a waiting simulator

I’ll look out for a ‘hey we just fixed our megaserver bugger up please come back’ email, but won’t be holding my breath

Have fun

And yet you didn’t have better things to do than to post a silly forum-post?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Elagos.6029

Nope, I think its important for companies offering goods and services to take note of their customers, and as a customer of anet, I made time to voice my opinion on their chosen direction

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

Considering my own thread was hijacked by yet another mod looking to hide threads that show the game in a bad light I shall link it here. Feel free to reply here.

Click HERE

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Have fun

And you had nothing better to do than write yet another ad hominem “observation”?

I feel much the same. I have hopes this mega merger wreck can be resolved, but I’m in no mood to play when I see no attempts made to even acknowledge legitimate concerns. I check these forums to see what is being done, or lack of response.

I would like to know if the “team” tasked to repair this flat tire is actually repairing it, or designing fancy hubcaps to make the flat “shiny”.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

Temples are almost always open now. I enjoyed doing the events and helping people opening them up. Now I pretty much can never do them anymore since I have to work during the day and they’re open the entire night.

Posted by: Tyops.5894

Tyops.5894

I feel much the same. I have hopes this mega merger wreck can be resolved, but I’m in no mood to play when I see no attempts made to even acknowledge legitimate concerns. I check these forums to see what is being done, or lack of response.

I would like to know if the “team” tasked to repair this flat tire is actually repairing it, or designing fancy hubcaps to make the flat “shiny”.

For all we know they are working day and night updating the skill facts for the mega server.

The cone of silence is still in full effect. This is all the more obvious/annoying as illustrated by the rapid response to other issues and community concerns.

<—- My feelings are hurt.

NSP Why bother?….

lordkrall.7241

And you had nothing better to do than write yet another ad hominem “observation”?
I

To be fair I have never claimed that I have better things to do

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Elagos.6029

I

To be fair I have never claimed that I have better things to do

Well, if we’re all going to get pedantic about it, I never claimed to have anything better to do either.

What I did say was ’I have better things to do in other titles than stand around in here at wp’s waiting for spawns… ’.

Which I’ll elaborate on. Standing idle next to many many other idle players is not playing a game. I, like many others have limited game time, as such, when I do log in to a title, spending 50 min on average per hour idle waiting for a champ to spawn is a waste of my time.

Pick a game, any game, and pretty much every one will offer better value for time spent compared to what gw2 has become, as none of them has ‘stand idle’ as a gameplay feature.

Anyway, hope that clears up my ‘better thing to do’ statement. On another note, I am a huge fan of gw2 and have loved every moment I have spent in it, but, since megaserver I have lost all interest, I spent 3 weeks daily on megaserver and every day it became harder and harder to stay interested. Wp, wait, kill champ, wp, wait, kill champ, wp, wait, kill champ… and if you’re lucky enough, you may even get loot every couple of kills. Mind numbing after a while. Temples, well, never saw a contested temple since megaserver launch, so…

I just thinks its sad the direction taken, and although I’m not abandoning or uninstalling it yet, I can’t play it in its current state. I have better things to do in other titles than stand around in here at wp’s waiting for spawns… (read as, with the current state of gw2, I can get better value for my limited gaming time in other titles)

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

I just thinks its sad the direction taken, and although I’m not abandoning or uninstalling it yet, I can’t play it in its current state. I have better things to do in other titles than stand around in here at wp’s waiting for spawns… (read as, with the current state of gw2, I can get better value for my limited gaming time in other titles)

Very well said indeed. I loved this game for not forcing me to compete with others for mobs. Now, after waiting for them to spawn, I have to frantically spam aoe in hope that some poor critter will get caught in it before it gets hit with a truckload of dps and evaporates… It’s better scaling or bust at this point.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

the zergs are now so big, by the time I get to the group-event or world-boss, 50% of the time it’s already over and done.

Yes, they need to improve scaling AND make world bosses more difficult in general. They should be zerg busting level bosses.

But its not just poor scaling. Having 70+ people standing in close proximity all pressing 1 and winning is… Disgusting. Granted this is a MMORPG. But the RPG portion of the game seems to be overcome by the Clusterkitten that is Megaservers.

I’ve been logging in less and less. Nor am I a regular attendee to guild/server events that I used to be proud of before the 4/15 Feature Pack.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Damai.1947

Damai.1947

Tired of getting deconnected in the middle of an event when the game decides he wants to close a instance. Multiple deconnections from game since megaserver. And of course when connecting back i’m alone when i was on a world boss, and crowded when i was tring liadri.
You can’t help it Arenanet, but the first system of Guild Wars 1 and districts adding when needed was the best, and ever since you launched GW2 it has never been a real open world, just a copy of GW1 system at a larger scale, giving illusion of open world, but actually it is just a big 150 people instance. Don’t cheat Arenanet !

Posted by: Babow.1952

Babow.1952

I’ve been wondering whether or not a district system like we had in Guild Wars 1 would actually really be the best way to improve megaservers. If you think about it – unless you grouped up with others the only people you ever saw were in towns. When you went to do missions or quests you got an instance/map all to yourself.

With GW2, people are around all the time. While districts would be an improvement for hopping around to see if random events (like temples) are up, I imagine it would essentially be the same system as we have now, with overcrowded maps where events are already completed – you would simply have a greater chance by shard hopping to do them because there are more copies of the same temple available.

This was something that I saw that happened when server guesting was, for a brief period, unlimited (which was for about two weeks after the April 15 update). Because I got tired of uncontested temples, I decided to go into Cursed shore, and by typing /ip was able to find out which shard I got placed in based on what server I guested on. I did this for every single server, for about a week, and made a table of which shard placed me in which server. (Re-guesting would put me in that same server, so I knew it was pretty consistent)
My result was that each day, about five servers would get placed on one shard. Another five on a different shard, and so on. The next day was the same, but the five servers jumbled together would be slightly different, so I gather they randomly rotate out the servers that are together and rotate the IPs to make it seem different.

I never tried this for zones that become overly populated, for example Sparkly Fen during Tequatl or any map with a world boss. My guess is that the same thing happens, however when the map reaches the soft/hard cap the overflow system takes effect and makes a shard that simply puts people together randomly, like before.
This, to me, would explain why some people are seeing the same people as before while others are not. I seem to see people from my home server only when I’m in a map with a low pop – high pop and I’m lucky if I see one person.

With this in mind , I really have a hard time seeing how it’s any different that a server merge. MS is worse in my opinion simply because it’s so random and you can’t really rely on the system to get it right. It also makes an API that can let you know when random events are up impossible, because the shards are randomly rotated out, whereas a server merge would be like what we had before where the IPs are set.

I imagine if they managed to make a district system, it would just be those few shards to choose from, then any overflow shards that were created (there were usually about five different shards total, each with about five servers on them).
It would definitely be better than what we have now, because we would have some play with choosing where we want to go, but in my mind it wouldn’t be an improvement to other issues that we have like temples that are always uncontested or the ridiculous zergs at world bosses…. you’d simply get to choose which 100 man zerg you run with.

From my experiences MS as a whole is not better than what we had before, for so many of the reasons already voiced that have already been explained well enough, and looking at the way the system works just confirms it for me.

Posted by: Asacledhae.2650

Asacledhae.2650

And again another big patch, fixing various issues…….and no megaserver mentioning anywhere. Are you A-net people in denial? Do you refuse to see the mass exodus Skynet is causing to your game? Are we important enough to be noticed, or you simply turned your attention to China?

Of course Chinese players wouldn’t mind Skynet, as it’s there from day 1 for them, they didn’t see their over a year and a half communities shatter like we did. And of course, they don’t have the language issues we have. Just to refresh your memory, the “paper plug” you used for a… “fix” for EU players doesn’t work.

So i would appreciate a “Fixed a various megaserver issues” (or better yet : "Removed Megaserver from # of areas and main cities / LA due to overpopulation) on your next Tuesday’s update. Thank you.

The reasons we love the new downgra…..er….feature patch :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJlKjwrKB4

Posted by: valfx.5416

valfx.5416

Plz Anet disabled Language restriction by default in the chat.
Yesterday in the crown pavilion, nobody wasn’t able to read my message while I was a commander :/
Furthermore, ppl wasn’t aware of this option in the map chat when I ask them to remove it …

ps : sorry for the bad english

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

Sadly, Anet seems fine with just addressing concerns with LS2 and have chosen to ignore the big fat elephant in the room, namely the megaserver. That, in and of itself, is quite disheartening. Nearly 2 months is more than enough time for them to speak of the cough: QOL cough feature patch in April. It’s sad, since they’ve lost so many players due to their reticence. ::sigh::

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Azhure.1857

So i would appreciate a “Fixed a various megaserver issues” (or better yet : "Removed Megaserver from # of areas and main cities / LA due to overpopulation) on your next Tuesday’s update. Thank you.

Really don’t see that happening until July 1st, at the earliest. Why they don’t communicate on what their working on and about when it can be expected, I don’t know. For whatever reason they feel silence is preferable over communication.

Its not enough for me though. I barely log in anymore.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

They’re not going to tell you anything because literally nothing Anet could say will satisfy you.

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

If they say “We understood that megaservers are the worst idea ever thought. It fixed nothing and broke lots of thing. We are returning to the old system”, it will satisfy me.

Azhure.1857

They’re not going to tell you anything because literally nothing Anet could say will satisfy you.

How the kitten do you know what would satisfy me?
Because literally you don’t kittening know me.

(edited by Azhure.1857)

Asacledhae.2650

You know, even naming one issue and fix it would’ve been satisfying for me, knowing that they’re actually working on the issues, instead of getting void predefined replies.

My dear A-net : I chose an English server (Piken Square), primarily cause i love to RP, and cause i find the English language comfortable for gaming. So can you PLEASE explain to me why 9 times out of 10 i end up on a French instance!? Yes, i speak a little French, but they’re not enough for me to feel comfortable playing the game in French. As a result, i simply log out and play something else. And don’t tell me that the cork you added to “Filter” the languages is a good idea… It simply makes people wrapped up in a bubble, with no communication with the outside world. Is this good for an MMO? Think about it.

Instead of adding the plug you added, wouldn’t it be better for your ultra dumb downgraded and broken version of Skynet to understand someone’s client language or maybe his home server language and place him accordingly, hmm?

This is really becoming tiresome. We want to play a game to relax and have fun, not to be stressed out and be frustrated.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

If they say “We understood that megaservers are the worst idea ever thought. It fixed nothing and broke lots of thing. We are returning to the old system”, it will satisfy me.

this

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Ilyaniii.3918

Ilyaniii.3918

this

Yup..

Posted by: Kestrelle.8165

Kestrelle.8165

this

Yup..

Agreed.

Posted by: Seraphina.6859

Seraphina.6859

+1
So much this!

lordkrall.7241

Yeah, and then we will have just as many people going back to the good old: “EVERY ZONE IS DEAD!!! PLZ FIX!!!” mantra, and nothing will have changed.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

The problem is that Anet do not realise they screwed the pooch on this one. All they see are $$$ from China sales, so all is well.

One first has to understand there is a problem before admiring mistakes were made. Since Anet is incapable of the former, the latter is out-of-the-question.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Asmodeus.5782

There’s no chance for the megacrapper to be removed, so all that’s left is waiting a year or so for a complete scaling rework… And general spawn changes (2x as many critters everywhere would about do it)… Basically rebuilding the whole open world to accomodate the crowds. The change has been rushed. The damage has been made. Let’s hope they intend to repair it now.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Yaos.4528

Yaos.4528

But I like the megaserver.

Morrigan.2809

Yeah, and then we will have just as many people going back to the good old: “EVERY ZONE IS DEAD!!! PLZ FIX!!!” mantra, and nothing will have changed.

They had the option to guest it was free.
We have no option to get out of megaserver, except to stop playing.
Not the same thing at all really

Gunnar’s Hold

lordkrall.7241

They had the option to guest it was free.
We have no option to get out of megaserver, except to stop playing.
Not the same thing at all really

And yet even with the option to Guest (which was limited) we still had more or less daily complaints about empty zones.
People have been demanding something like megaservers since release more or less, and now we got it, so people had to find something else to complain about in this case the megaserver.
If they remove the megaserver people will just go back to complain about empty zones again, and the cycle continues forever.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

The problem is that Anet do not realise they screwed the pooch on this one. All they see are $$$ from China sales, so all is well.

One first has to understand there is a problem before admiring mistakes were made. Since Anet is incapable of the former, the latter is out-of-the-question.

About China players i really want to see what is gona happen whith every one scatered and trying to enter friends overflows, even on wvw counter bugs due the numbers of queued players (although wonder if they just don’t bother the 1 spam key ).

Reason i feel megaserver + overflows do not combine in a good game development (final product delivered to players), but each one to his own.

i rather have a megaoverflow X)

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Morrigan.2809

people on dead servers asked for underflow system.
no one asked for megaservers much less demanded it- people certainly didn’t ask for their servers to be removed
and yes I have been here since the beginning

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Desthin Sinkropht.4123

Desthin Sinkropht.4123

Phoenixlin.8624

Not if ANet do something meaningful instead of meganonsense which had been suggested thousands of times = the underflow system. Also, your only argument is “empty maps before megaservers” whatever we say. You should find yourself a better argument. Even Optimus Prime with a fire sword on a T-Rex is a better argument than yours for me.

But of course we all know that ANet won’t admit its fault as always. So, daydreaming costs 0 gems, I can dream a Guild Wars 2 without megaservers, can’t I?

(edited by Phoenixlin.8624)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Geez, so much useless bitter in this thread. :\ I understand the rage, but yeesh, be productive about it.

Like Desthin. Hat-tip to you for your Designer threads. As an aspiring designer myself, I appreciate the thoughtfulness of your posts.

As an added thought to your earlier, linked post, I do have to add that, while the megaserver does help with the typically dead zones, anything that’s predictable gets mobbed by the 70+ zerg of the entire zone.

In light of that, I support lowering the caps for ‘strays’ who wander into the zone. Maybe 50. Then, keep a large, guild-sized buffer of ‘taxi’ players that can be brought in. Maybe 100. Actual numbers are fuzzy and exemplary.

That way, we get smaller groups at big bosses (so we can actually see them through the blizzard of particle effects), and guilds can taxi in a group when they need it.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Not every change is going to make everyone happy, so the object is to make the majority happy. I have a feeling that the majority of the players like the Mega servers…

Yes, it has positives as well as negatives.

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

I would like nothing more than to rage for a post or two about how badly implemented megaservers have been, and how 2 months has gone by with zero improvement. But that won’t fix anything.

Let me state some facts though:
Megaservers do not work as advertised.
It is harder to play with the same people than it used to be.
It is harder to end up in the same map as the rest of your party.
It is harder to end up in the same map as your guild.
It is nearly impossible to end up in the map as others from your home server.
Server communities cannot organize events.
Guilds can barely organize events. When guilds do missions, they frequently end up in different maps.
Orr Temples are nearly impossible to do, and yet that’s how we’re supposed to be unlocking traits.

The solution seems blinding obvious and simple to me.

Spawn more maps. Proactively spawn more maps. We don’t have to go back to what it used to be. But we need to spread the population out over more maps so they’re not all jam packed full and no one can play with their friends.

You have 2 months of usage data on megaservers. Use it to predict load and spawn more maps ahead of when they’re needed.

What do I mean about proactively spawning more maps? Instead of having one map that everyone gets into until it’s full, have multiple maps and spread people out amongst them like all the information we were given said we would be (party/guild/server priority). If you don’t spawn a new map until the first one is full (or nearly), then it doesn’t matter how you prioritize what map people end up in.

Examples:

World Bosses – you’ve got a schedule for world bosses, this should be easy. On how many maps was world boss X killed the night before? The week before? Spawn that many maps 30 minutes ahead of when that boss spawns.

Guild missions – most guilds do missions on Saturday and Sunday evenings. During the weekend, just keep more maps of particular zones open, and if a guild has a mission active, put them into a map where all representing members will fit.

Server community events – I’ll admit this is tougher, but the servers that organize events aren’t making a secret of it. So if a server gets together to spawn Tequatl every night at a given time, spawn a new Sparkfly Fen map so they can do so without having to try to jump maps so they can play with their community.

And for Grenth’s sake give us a dropdown of other maps (districts) so we can move around easier. The party/join “hack”/workaround is really absurd.

Posted by: Dragon Ruler X.8512

Dragon Ruler X.8512

At 42 tabs – I’m not reading everything to get caught up in here lol.

But, if this hasn’t been mentioned – i’d like some thoughts on it.

I’ve noticed for guild missions there have been extreme complications with the bounties due to the excessive amounts of guilds attempting them at the same time and the megaserver’s multi-instanced maps. Most of my guildmates have struggled to gain access to the same map as the event leader due to this (many have just said to hell with this :/). To provide a bit more detail: look at a map like, say, half-baked kamali. Give a single guild 15min to find and kill him – no problem. Give 15 guilds 15 min to find and kill him and we now have a problem. We have a problem because respawn rates are too slow and the map size is too large to explore quickly enough to get the kill.

A suggestion that might be good is increasing the time to 15min * number of targets. Then also including that each of those 15min won’t start until you activate the mission somewhere like you do for rush and what not. The concept being that you activate the bounty and THEN the NPC spawns on the map. You could include a little timer in the upper corner that says “[guild tag] is currently searching for [target]” to identify if people are looking for it already. This would widely enable more guilds to participate in larger tiers and have more experience in attempting each bounty boss.

Anyways – just some thoughts

Posted by: SirPookins.9851

SirPookins.9851

I like the megaserver, but they really need districting and larger server cap, 150 is a good number for boss events, maybe 200 ?

Asmodeus.5782

I like the megaserver, but they really need districting and larger server cap, 150 is a good number for boss events, maybe 200 ?

Districts are not possible. Higher caps would make the overcrowding of every poor, badly scaling event even worse. Don’t even mention it, please.

William S. Burroughs

Phoenixlin.8624

Not every change is going to make everyone happy, so the object is to make the majority happy. I have a feeling that the majority of the players like the Mega servers…

Yes, it has positives as well as negatives.

It has only one positive (empty maps filled with random intelligent life forms) and thousands of negatives.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I seem to recall they saying something about districts simply not being possible with the current server tech they use, which is why they don’t have districts.

I recall this as well. It sounds an awful lot like the excuse used to justify why players who like condition game-play can expect not to get full credit in events, unless the number of players doing them are very small. These excuses are essentially the company admitting, “We designed game features around server and engine architecture that don’t support those features.” It may be a case of, “Too late” but frankly, it makes the company look bad.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

Districts are not possible.

This I don’t quite understand.

Do we need something that is exactly like what GW1 was? No. And I don’t think anyone is asking for that. We can keep the same infrastructure, the same population caps, etc.

We can already join (or attempt to join) any map where someone in our party is. Why does it seem like this requires a massive undertaking?

There are two things that would need to be created to make this happen:
1) A way or telling the client how many maps are active of the zone the player is currently located in, and their designation/code/number/whatever.
2) Client UI to select and join a particular one from that list.

Azhure.1857

Agreed. You can say something is or isn’t probable. But to say it isn’t possible is just plain foolish.

At this point I like Revler’s suggestion the best. Giving us a district option where we get to choose between our home server and a couple megaservers.

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

One can already join another party member in another map instance. That is
basically like selecting a district. So I’m not buying the excuse that they
cant do it. All they would have to do is have a “district NPC” that you could join
and place that in a drop down list. Of course the NPC would have to be unique to each instance.

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

(edited by Bensozia.8071)

Asacledhae.2650

Server based instances would’ve been a nice idea, giving priorities accordingly. Giving one instance per server, and others as filling ones. And of course, manual instance selection upon entering the game/zoning.

Example :
You are about to log-in to the game, please select an instance – Your home world is Piken Square.

Instance #1 – Piken Square (English) – ## Players Online – Recommended
Instance #2 – Jade Sea (French) – ## Players Online
Instance #3 – Abaddon’s Mouth (German) – ## Players Online
Instance #4 – Baruch Bay (Spanish) – ## Players Online
Instance #5 – International – ## Players Online
Instance #6 – International – Empty – Not Recommended

Auto Selecting in 30 Seconds (and counting)
And goes on

Or, if that requires too much IQ to understand, (Simply translating A-net’s claim about the trait mashup for being too complicated), add an “Automatically Instance Selection” feature in the options menu. And keep it on by default, we won’t mind!

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

My opinion about Megaservers now:

1. Reintroduce queue system, so we won’t have to do manual complex taxi to join a same map copy.
Queue would be optional too, to queue players, when enough players are queued to same specifications, a new map copy would be created. Megaserver sorting either doesn’t work as intended yet or it’s too soft parameters. Best would be give players the option of hard sorting parameters, main would be “world”.

2. Add a system, similar to one in GW1, to reconnect to same map copy, on sudden unvoluntary disconnections, like losing connection or game crash. Players working hard to join a single map copy, if followed with sudden disconnect is frustrating, as the player is always placed on another map copy when reconnecting.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)