Magic Find [merged]

Magic Find [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Trade MF for a more expensive set like Berserker or Sentinel.

Profit?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Globo.7351

Globo.7351

Ok, let me see if I misread the situation. You have decided to remove the magic find from all the weapons and equipment, enabling us to double-click the object in question and turn it into an object the same but with other stats. I, like I think most of the players, I DON’T HAVE ABSOLUTELY NEED other equipments and weapons! I spent money, materials to craft my magic find equips and weapons, and many laurels (about 50?) to buy a magic find pendant and infusion. Now you tell me that the infusion will continue to exist and to have an effect! Assuming that I don’t believe most ‘in the existence of magic find in this game, I really would like to know what I have to do with an infusion that gives +20% magic find, whether on the island of Karka, coming to have the 390 % and i had anything from drop. I would prefer to get back the materials I’ve used to create all my equipment and weapons with magic find stat even the laurels that I wasted on items that you have now decided not to have more ’reason to exist. I quote again the month in which, thanks to a bug, many people have earned the laurels 2 times, making the monthly pve and pvp monthly the last few days, while the undersigned (and like me, many other players seriously engaged in pvp) that was pvp every day and ended monthly during the first days of the month, was never compensated for the double laurels “stolen” from others. I pull out again this topic, to highlight how the laurels not Raining from the sky and while some see them double “magically”, you have not thought of a true and useful compensation for those who like many of us have expenses in the objects that have no more ’reason to exist.

Gandara – Chaos Angels [CA]
Main: Glo Bow – Human Ranger lvl 80

(edited by Globo.7351)

Magic Find [merged]

Lucky.9421

I’m not even convinced MF ever did anything in the first place.

Kinda like that one shield inscription from GW1 that we found out never did anything 7 years after release. xD

/tinhat

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Hey all, no worries, we got you covered.

Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, lose their current stats and will gain the ability to be double-clicked to select one of several stat options depending on the item.

For example, if you have an Explorer’s Pearl Staff, you can now double-click it to change it to any other crafting stat.

We will have a blog post about it with more extensive information as well, keep an eye on the website.

Hi Martin, are there solutions in place for Runes of the Traveler?
still confused about how the MR moves from our armor to our account. Right now it just looks like it’s going away, not transferring. that can’t be right.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Trade MF for a more expensive set like Berserker or Sentinel.

Profit?

Huh – that’s almost an idea for people who are thinking of getting one of those – if sentinel would be even available.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Next

As a former community manager for Kabam games, I’ll tell you right now that this guy only knows half of what is actually going on. Directors and producers don’t tell community managers anything because like this guy, he posts only part of the information online and causes a ****-storm. So, take what he says a grain of salt. All we know, now, is that we will be able to switch MF gear to another kind of gear. We don’t know anything beyond that.

I am sorry you had a bad experience in your former job. Here our developers actually talk to us and give us information we need. So what I am posting here is coming straight from the people working on the changes.

To answer a few more questions:

• If you currently have listed an item with MF on the Trading Post, they will be returned to you, as they become account bound.
  • Upgrade components that currently give MF bonus will be updated with new functionality.
  • All existing drops and crafting recipes that have created Magic Find gear will be replaced with new stat combos.

Magic Find [merged]

Lucky.9421

Huh – that’s almost an idea for people who are thinking of getting one of those – if sentinel would be even available.

Wouldn’t it be a kick in the pants if they didn’t? They leave out Sentinel and every stat combo goes down it price while it just keeps climbing. xD

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Hi Martin, are there solutions in place for Runes of the Traveler?
still confused about how the MR moves from our armor to our account. Right now it just looks like it’s going away, not transferring. that can’t be right.

It is going away. The account MF is added through new consumables that come from salvaging blue and green items.

Your existing gear with MF will become an item that you can convert into a new piece of gear with the stats of your choice (from a select list of options).

No word on Runes/Sigils/Medallions/Jewels yet.
Nevermind. See above.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

Runes and signets please? What will happen to them? No changes on them, forgot to comment or still not decided?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Hey all, no worries, we got you covered.

Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, lose their current stats and will gain the ability to be double-clicked to select one of several stat options depending on the item.

For example, if you have an Explorer’s Pearl Staff, you can now double-click it to change it to any other crafting stat.

We will have a blog post about it with more extensive information as well, keep an eye on the website.

This sounds good to me, but I do have one question:

If I am able to double click my MF weapons to change their stats to any crafted combination, isn’t that going to introduce a very convenient sidestep to the time gating on Celestial gear?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

As a former community manager for Kabam games, I’ll tell you right now that this guy only knows half of what is actually going on. Directors and producers don’t tell community managers anything because like this guy, he posts only part of the information online and causes a ****-storm. So, take what he says a grain of salt. All we know, now, is that we will be able to switch MF gear to another kind of gear. We don’t know anything beyond that.

I am sorry you had a bad experience in your former job. Here our developers actually talk to us and give us information we need. So what I am posting here is coming straight from the people working on the changes.

• If you currently have listed an item with MF on the Trading Post, they will be returned to you, as they become account bound.
  • Upgrade components that currently give MF bonus will be updated with new functionality.
  • All existing drops and crafting recipes that have created Magic Find gear will be replaced with new stat combos.

Any update on when the blog post will be available? You guys will hopefully stay handy after it’s posted to answer follow-up questions I trust as well? A change like this with less than a week notice is a bit much.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

What about crafting Explorer items now? What stat spread will Opal make for Jewelers after the change?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

Can we at least get a reason why Celestial is losing stats? Everything else is changing to a new stat type but keeping its overall weight allocation.

Celestial is going to just lose stats. Nothing given back just bye bye. Is there a reason for this? Was the gear considered OP?

Magic Find [merged]

Vick.6805

Can we at least get a reason why Celestial is losing stats? Everything else is changing to a new stat type but keeping its overall weight allocation.

Celestial is going to just lose stats. Nothing given back just bye bye. Is there a reason for this? Was the gear considered OP?

I suspect this is because the combat stats were already balanced. Since MF doesn’t affect combat, and you already have all of the other stats, you’re really not losing anything.

Magic Find [merged]

Lokki.1092

I suspect this is because the combat stats were already balanced. Since MF doesn’t affect combat, and you already have all of the other stats, you’re really not losing anything.

MF does effect the weight of each stat on the gear. This is why Traveler’s, explorer’s and Wayfarer’s have less “combat stats” than other 3 stat combos because magic find is included in the calculations of how much stats each piece gets.

This is also true for celestial.

for example if we assume that the stats on tri stat gear are worth 34/33/33 points respectively, making each piece of gear have a set value of 100. And the stats on celestial are weighted at 12.5 a piece (8 stats). Taking away one stat now weights that armor at a value of 87.5 No longer at 100.

See what I mean?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

A change like this with less than a week notice is a bit much.

Not sure if you know, but this change has been made public weeks ago in the “Second half of 2013” blog. And before that they’ve mentioned that they’re aware that some players dislike MF on gear, and they were intent on changing it. It’s been known for quite a while.

I also don’t get why people are angry about this now. Celestial or not, people knew that this was coming, and still walked into this face first. Yet now they’re confused about it…
That said, I agree that the stat should be replaced. Blatantly removing something from an item doesn’t quite seem fair.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Briars.1425

Briars.1425

what about our runes/sigils/etc on our MF gear, will they stay?

im currently using Mad King Runes and i dont have the funds to get another set of them if we lose our runes

could we get clarification on this plz?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Arsalan.5240

Arsalan.5240

What is going to happen to Polla?!?!!!

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I can understand someone that crafted Celestial being slightly POed about the armor loosing a stat and not getting any other type of boost. Threatening to quit the game seems to be an overreaction, however.

This change was announced over a month ago (if not longer) and has been discussed in many threads on these forums. If it is catching you unaware, you are still getting a 1 week notification, right?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

Kinda like that one shield inscription from GW1 that we found out never did anything 7 years after release. xD

Wait… Which one was that?

I still play GW1 sometimes, but in my 8 years of playing, I don’t remember this. Maybe I wasn’t paying attention last year…

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Discomoose.4913

Discomoose.4913

How is this helpful? I have two exotic sets of knight’s gear. One with traveler’s runes, the other with dmg runes. I’m not going to need 2 sets of knight’s gear with two different sets of “useful” runes and how can you assure that the new functionality is desirable to everyone currently using MF runes.

Will gear with MF runes in them become account bound even though they don’t have MF as main stats? That way I can give my second set of knight’s to an alt to get some use out of it since you’re not giving out mat’s compensation for gear.

Magic Find [merged]

Vick.6805

MF does effect the weight of each stat on the gear. This is why Traveler’s, explorer’s and Wayfarer’s have less “combat stats” than other 3 stat combos because magic find is included in the calculations of how much stats each piece gets.

for example if we assume that the stats on tri stat gear are worth 34/33/33 points respectively, making each piece of gear have a set value of 100. And the stats on celestial are weighted at 12.5 a piece (8 stats). Taking away one stat now weights that armor at a value of 87.5 No longer at 100.

See what I mean?

I do see what you’re saying.

With the three-stat gear, MF definitely does need to be replaced with another stat, and the devs have said it will be (by letting you choose a stat combo from another equivalent type of crafted gear).

Because ANet gave us Celestial gear so recently, and they knew that the MF change was coming, I am making the assumption that the other stats were already weighted so that they would be balanced even after we lost MF. Using your example, I’m thinking of it as if the current Celestial gear has 8/7 or 114ish% stats and are being reduced to 100%.

That’s the only justification I can think of as to why ANet wouldn’t be adjusting them even slightly, but the devs have also not said anything to verify it. It’s just personal speculation and giving ANet the benefit of the doubt at this point.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Next

im currently using Mad King Runes and i dont have the funds to get another set of them if we lose our runes

Non-MF runes/sigils/etc in your MF gear will stay the same, you are not losing them.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

They announced that Magic Find was coming out of gear before Celestial gear was added.

Celestial gear is great for specific builds, so to say that there is no use for it is incorrect.

No they didn’t. They announced it shortly after it came out and people already starting investing into it. I personally feel the MF was the weakest part of the armor, but it was still a part of it and partially made up for the insane investment they require. It needs to be replaced with a small boost to the remaining stats, or replaced with Boon Duration. It’s a phenomenally simple solution which would make those who spent two months making them satisfied without unbalancing the equipment.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: andry.9583

andry.9583

no, seriously. Whit my full MF gear I reach around 145% and now I will restart with 1-2% and I have, after spending much gold and laurels, to salvage tons of items to take temporary boosts? What about speeding up Trading Post instead of making those useless changes?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Please interchange the magic find on celestial gear into another non-combat changing stat like gold find or karma gain, or even WXP gain.

I for one would like karma gain on my celestial gear if I can’t have magic find. Even 1% per piece would be lovely.

Pass this idea onto the devs please!

And thank you Martin for your responses to the questions players have, appreciated.

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

I wonder how the “sigil of luck” will change. It won’t have been easy to find an appropriate replacement for something that was so straightforward in both its name and use.
Well, i’ll have to wait just a week, anyway.

Magic Find [merged]

Have No Faith In Me.1840

They announced that Magic Find was coming out of gear before Celestial gear was added.

Celestial gear is great for specific builds, so to say that there is no use for it is incorrect.

No they didn’t. They announced it shortly after it came out and people already starting investing into it. I personally feel the MF was the weakest part of the armor, but it was still a part of it and partially made up for the insane investment they require. It needs to be replaced with a small boost to the remaining stats, or replaced with Boon Duration. It’s a phenomenally simple solution which would make those who spent two months making them satisfied without unbalancing the equipment.

Magic find does not affect combat. Boon duration does, hence it would be incredibly powerful even at 0.5% per piece.

Karma gain on the other hand…

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

Just a quick question:

are the people that invested in the magic find gear for the magic find stat for whatever reason (thought mf helped or maybe they had bad drop rate) getting just the gear change or will their current gear go towards the new account bound magic find in any way? I ask because I know some people had 167% mf on their gear and was curious if this was just going away with a stat change or will this go towards the new account magic find in some way; or will everyone start with base 0 (minus already account bound mf) magic find whether they had magic find gear already or not?

Thank you for the answers!

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Plyte.8130

Plyte.8130

It would be nice if the MF boost was simply replaced with +1% boon duration. Even if thats all there was, I’d feel a lot better about the change.

The thing is, I started building celestial trinkets back in February on my Engineer. Then the Elixir Gun nerf come through and that little bit of healing power I benefited from got cut in half. But it was bearable.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

Look man, I know how it is. I’m not just some ignorant user has hasn’t been in your shoes before. You’re playing operator, and I know how things get lost in the chain of communication. I had friends in the development teams, and even the information I got straight from them isn’t how it played out in the end. Your directors and producers have the end-say over what is going to ultimately happen, even if the community and development teams disagree or think otherwise (believe me, I’ve been there too many times). I moved on to Kixeye before becoming a developer, myself, and it was hardly any different, there. I hope you’re not honestly trying to pretend that you’ve got all the answers before the community officially had the chance to even ask the questions…

There are far too many inconsistencies, here, to believe the information you’re disseminating is 100% accurate. I mean no offense what-so-ever, but the fact that infusions will still retain their effect and that ascended accessories can’t be swapped to “craftable stats” remains a glaring contradiction.

But I believe that you believe you are communicating it correctly, so I’ll just leave it at that and hope you are wrong on some of these things.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Lung Koku.9164

Lung Koku.9164

Hmm, and what will we do if those fonctinality aren’t what we want?
We cannot salvage and sale those runes/sigil to refund and buy better suitable fonctionality upgrade components without lose the gear.
So the only choice we will have is to replace the runes/sigil with another and lose the first investment.

For the celestial It’s not a good deal to me to see them lose reason why I’ve made it => MF with balanced stat.
I’ve used 45 Charged Quartz Crystal and lot of Orichalcum/Gossamer/Ancient Wood to get something that will became usless to me!!!

Another question :
My Celestial gear as been transmuted with Braham skin, can you confirm to me that I will not lose the skin with the Celestial stats update?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Master Age.7391

Master Age.7391

I’m with everyone on the Celestial nerf, it doesn’t make much sense.

The armor is only good in fringe cases and only on certain classes, and even then it’s never the best armor choice for any situation. The rest of the game, however, explicitly rewards using specialized builds, and Beserkers is generally the best choice of armor for many, many builds.

If MF equipment is going away (and it should, just this is my only argument), Celestial needs something to replace it.

I’d say increase the other stats to be equal to lv78 blue or even lv80 blue, because level 75 blue-equivalent stats on exotics that take at least a month to make is a little obscene. It’s just not useful.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

To those saying that ‘we’ knew about the MF removal when getting celestial gear; that only applies to people making the new sets. It doesn’t apply to the ascended celestial trinkets that were purchased some time ago. For the sake of balance I really do hope they consider adding either boon duration or condition duration on celestial gear.

I am still confused on how a superior sigil of luck will be compensated for. Or how a set of 5 superior runes of the pirate +1 superior noble rune will be changed.

Then there are a multitude of other pieces of armor, weapons, and trinkets that have MF as a minor stat (snowflake trinkets, etc.) I like my boon duration on the guardian.
What happens to those pieces of gear?

As I understand it, the golden lotus ascended amulet + MF infusion will lose the 10%MF boost on the amulet but retain the 20% MF infusion?

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Magic Find [merged]

Manuhell.2759

Magic find does not affect combat. Boon duration does, hence it would be incredibly powerful even at 0.5% per piece.

Karma gain on the other hand…

It didn’t affect combat, yet you had to fight using it in order to get the loot. Thus celestials offered a good compromise between loot chance and proper combat stats.
And the items aren’t balanced about them being combat stats or not – else there wouldn’t have been all those issues about magic find.
They should just replace the lost stat properly, either by increasing the existing stats of a couple points or by adding something else in place of magic find – and possibly something that makes sense to have in combat situations too, like the stat they replaced. Dunno, movement speed, for example.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Thoughtless.7148

Thoughtless.7148

stock up on traveler weps now while they r cheap .0. get those good stat combos for less then half the price in a week

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: banana.9038

banana.9038

Already grabbed a few magic find sets to gear my guardian when the patch goes live (and if it doesn’t work as stated, not too much of a gold loss). Named sets with magic find are already starting to go up.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: a jumping spider.9852

a jumping spider.9852

I honestly think anybody affected by this change should have the option to respec their gear. I have some celestial trinkets with +mf that I absolutely would change to a new stat set now that mf isn’t going to be something I can stack.

If people with explorer armor/trinkets can choose a new stat combo for free, I don’t see why people with celestial armor/trinkets shouldn’t be allowed that same choice. The resolution should apply equally to everybody affected.

Magic Find [merged]

Have No Faith In Me.1840

It didn’t affect combat, yet you had to fight using it in order to get the loot. Thus celestials offered a good compromise between loot chance and proper combat stats.
And the items aren’t balanced about them being combat stats or not – else there wouldn’t have been all those issues about magic find.
They should just replace the lost stat properly, either by increasing the existing stats of a couple points or by adding something else in place of magic find – and possibly something that makes sense to have in combat situations too, like the stat they replaced. Dunno, movement speed, for example.

You’re only thinking about pve. In terms of pvp and wvw and fighting players not Ai monsters, magic find doesn’t affect combat balance, the stats are already balanced for those purposes, if you add any other stat in there that affects the balance of combat, it will be overpowered and hence why it will never have any stat increase or boon duration or anything else.

I run full celestial on a sword/warhorn / longbow warrior. The reason I chose celestial is I can make use of every single stat with those weapons and traits (shout heals in pve, banner regen for wvw, extra bleeds, Condi dmg, etc). I kill heaps of people in duels in wvw. If the stats were increased or improved, I’d probably steam roll a zerg on my own (joking of course but still). Magic find was not my sole reason for the armour, its combat stats are already balanced.

Karma gain on the other hand… I’d like that.

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: banana.9038

banana.9038

I honestly think anybody affected by this change should have the option to respec their gear. I have some celestial trinkets with +mf that I absolutely would change to a new stat set now that mf isn’t going to be something I can stack.

If people with explorer armor/trinkets can choose a new stat combo for free, I don’t see why people with celestial armor/trinkets shouldn’t be allowed that same choice. The resolution should apply equally to everybody affected.

I agree completely. I know some people bought/crafted celestial as their magic find sets.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Non-MF runes/sigils/etc in your MF gear will stay the same, you are not losing them.

And what will happen to sigil of luck, rune of traveler, pirate, scavenging and the noble?

Sorry for my english.

Magic Find [merged]

Lokki.1092

See what I mean?

I do see what you’re saying.

With the three-stat gear, MF definitely does need to be replaced with another stat, and the devs have said it will be (by letting you choose a stat combo from another equivalent type of crafted gear).

Because ANet gave us Celestial gear so recently, and they knew that the MF change was coming, I am making the assumption that the other stats were already weighted so that they would be balanced even after we lost MF. Using your example, I’m thinking of it as if the current Celestial gear has 8/7 or 114ish% stats and are being reduced to 100%.

That’s the only justification I can think of as to why ANet wouldn’t be adjusting them even slightly, but the devs have also not said anything to verify it. It’s just personal speculation and giving ANet the benefit of the doubt at this point.

It’s possible that’s why I want to hear it from the devs themselves. Lets face it Celestial isn’t great stat wise because of the spread. If the spread without magic find was intended to be equivalent to all else then I would like to at least know… I don’t agree but at least it’s a reason.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

as he stated:

- Upgrade components that currently give MF bonus will be updated with new functionality.

Which new stats on runes? nobody knows

Magic Find [merged]

Manuhell.2759

You’re only thinking about pve. In terms of pvp and wvw and fighting players not Ai monsters, magic find doesn’t affect combat balance, the stats are already balanced for those purposes, if you add any other stat in there that affects the balance of combat, it will be overpowered and hence why it will never have any stat increase or boon duration or anything else.

Karma gain on the other hand… I’d like that.

I’m thinking about pve cause magic find has no use in fighting other players. And those items weren’t balanced for fighting other players anyway. They were balanced for pve.
Thus just removing it is a nerf to the item, as any change that wouldn’t be even indirectly related to combat.

Magic Find [merged]

Have No Faith In Me.1840

I’m thinking about pve cause magic find has no use in fighting other players. And those items weren’t balanced for fighting other players anyway. They were balanced for pve.
Thus just removing it is a nerf to the item, as any change that wouldn’t be even indirectly related to combat.

My last post has been edited that mentions why I chose celestial. And yes it is good for fighting other players, and I have much experience with it, if you do not have much or any experience with it then you shouldn’t form a bad opinion of it until you try it with classes and builds that can pull it off.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: SkyyHigh.4950

SkyyHigh.4950

See what I mean?

Traveler’s gear had MF as the primary stat. It is literally inferior to every other type of armor in the game if you ignore MF.

Celestial, on the other hand, is well-balanced on the soldier – knight/celestial – beserker spectrum of trading damage for survivability, and it also stands alone as the set that provides the greatest number of total stat points, which can be useful for builds that utilize all of the stats it can provide.

Celestial does not need, nor was it balanced around, the existence of MF to be a functional and useful set. If you got it strictly for MF, a) you would have been better off with Traveler’s, and b) you still have a very good set that is similar to Knights in terms of damage and survivability. Furthermore, I’m almost positive that the net effect on you in the long run will be negligible, because in the same update we’re getting account-wide MF that will almost certainly be able to out-class (eventually, perhaps) the small MF bonus you got from your celestial gear.

IGN: Skyy High / Talon Drakke

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

And still they dodge the bullet on whether or not the mf % on my armor will carry over to the account wide mf %.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

What will happen with MF-gear in the Guild Bank?

.. and on a more personal note, what will happen to my parrot?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Kovac.4372

Kovac.4372

So if I have a lot of MF gear to sell, will it all become permanently account bound = UNSELLABLE? Or will it become acc bound until we switch stats?

I ask because of this quote as well:

Magic Find [merged]

Lokki.1092

Traveler’s gear had MF as the primary stat. It is literally inferior to every other type of armor in the game if you ignore MF.

Celestial, on the other hand, is well-balanced on the soldier – knight/celestial – beserker spectrum of trading damage for survivability, and it also stands alone as the set that provides the greatest number of total stat points, which can be useful for builds that utilize all of the stats it can provide.

Celestial does not need, nor was it balanced around, the existence of MF to be a functional and useful set. If you got it strictly for MF, a) you would have been better off with Traveler’s, and b) you still have a very good set that is similar to Knights in terms of damage and survivability. Furthermore, I’m almost positive that the net effect on you in the long run will be negligible, because in the same update we’re getting account-wide MF that will almost certainly be able to out-class (eventually, perhaps) the small MF bonus you got from your celestial gear.

Agreed…

How does that change that they just gave us celestial armor, only to nerf if 1 month later, and it takes a month to make a full set. Longer if you have 2 weapons.

The point is that none of the other armors are losing stats. Every single one of them are having stats replaced. Litterally their magic find is being (can be) replaced by power, precision or toughness.

Celestial is just losing stats!

Why? Is the current stats too OP? Would giving them one of the other secondary stats be too OP? would increasing the stats by 1 each be too OP?