Next gw2 Expansion Class?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gardavil.1762

Gardavil.1762

“Kitten” is what the official forums censor swear words into.

Thank you for the explanation.

stumble stumble crawl crawl

Posted by: Arlo.2149

Arlo.2149

there are 3 light armor classes 3 medium and 2 heavy

they will most likely make a class that wears heavy

Posted by: Spakpak.7260

Spakpak.7260

Ah so that is what kitten does

kitten kitten

Coexist: I play wow and gw2 and I love them both

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Please Anet, learn from your first game. Don’t add more classes. Just give us more to do with the ones we have now. A few new utilities here and there would be far, far easier to balance and would breathe life into the game at the same time.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I’d prefer if they fixed the problems with some of the current classes (such as Ranger, hint hint).

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: FluffyDoe.7539

FluffyDoe.7539

These GW2 fans are too easy to get hyped up.

New class. Meh… I’d rather if they had promise “new weapons for each class”.

(edited by FluffyDoe.7539)

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

for a class I would like a monk, not a copy of the gw1 monk a brand new one. Could use fist weapons, staves etc. Some healing abilities etc like a mix between a guardian and a thief.

So basically you want a guardian that punches? Lol Gaurdians are basically battle monks they added into the game to calm angry monkers. I honestly believe they were never originally intended to be added to the game.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: Robique.8279

Robique.8279

My girlfriend and I would love to see skritt as a playable race
As far as classes go, I’d like to see some new classes. Got the map exploration on my warrior, kinda like my engineer, but I just can’t get myself to level my elementalist, thief, guardian, necromancer, mesmer or ranger any further. Just so booooriiiing.

Posted by: EpicFace.8096

EpicFace.8096

Race: There are enough Humanoid races, how about a Krait, or Squidlike race with an asian cultural influence.

An Underwater Race Starting area would be awesome. With a storyline that is 55% underwater, using the Endless Ocean area on the SW corner of the worldmap and the Islands nearby as the main zones.

This would also give Anet a good excuse to flesh out the Underwater Weapons/Skills/Utilities. MAYBE, add some new underwater only utilities and elites.

YES, but take out asian and make it a Quaggan
Seriously, they should add Quaggans. They play such a little role and they could have so much more potential…

I like the storyline 55% underwater for the QUAGGAN/underwater race :O
Especially if they flesh out underwater combat, currently I dislike it, its kinda clunky and strange. I like the new underwater only utilities and elites, sounds cool :O
So yeah. First, add quaggans, then fix underwater, then add profs. Maybe add profs 2nd, then fix underwater :P
Quaggans shall rule… FOO!

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

How about a Merchant?

—has a special line of really nice armour, starting from shabby to royalty!
—weapons are also used for gathering
—as a merchant increases in levels, so does his ability to gather better and more resources then non-merchants.
—special effects of the merchants weapons could be area effects to keep mobs away , and a fast get away.

And more…theres alot that could be added to a merchant class

Posted by: FNORD.6785

FNORD.6785

I’d like to play as the Orrian zombies and monk or bard would be my top two classes.

Posted by: Kanexus.2648

Kanexus.2648

I would like to see a ninja class. One that throws shoryukens and does that one spin drop move ryu hayabusa does in Dead or alive fighting game. Also use nunchucks for weapon..ya know lots of back flips too

Spakpak.7260

I would like to see a ninja class. One that throws shoryukens and does that one spin drop move ryu hayabusa does in Dead or alive fighting game. Also use nunchucks for weapon..ya know lots of back flips too

we already have a ninja class, thief. Think of it as a western version of a ninja

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

we already have a ninja class, thief. Think of it as a western version of a ninja

Ninja = Assassin
Thief= Burglar/Steals stuff

Big difference

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

Chronomancer. Allow it to bend time and make it more powerful than the Mesmer and Guardian.

Posted by: JMadFour.9730

JMadFour.9730

The next class has gotta be Golemancer.

In fact, I would like to see each Race get their own exclusive Class.

Asura – Golemancer
Norn – Brawler
Human – ???
Sylvari – Druid
Charr – Cannoneer

“Quaggan is about to foo up your day.” – Romperoo

(edited by JMadFour.9730)

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

Race: Krait. I love the Krait (I love aquatic races) and would very much like to play one in the future.

Class: I’d rather see more options/fixes to the current classes before new classes. An example would be giving each weapon two skill-sets to choose from. Doing so would double the skills available to every class and give us more flavor to our builds.

A D/D thief could be unique from other D/D thieves for example.

Posted by: Myrr.8156

Myrr.8156

I would love to see a Dark Knight or something of the sort like a anti-guardian and a new weapon for them could be two handed axe!!!!!!!!!! They could take less damage then a warrior or guardian but make up for it in crazy debuffs and defently be able to use a shield. Dervesh for sure with the scythes and yeah a redone monk. And as for a race skritt ftw! Or krait

Posted by: Northlander.4619

Northlander.4619

I’m sort of meh for Largos which are just human (elf) with weird skin color and manta “wings”. The only bonus point is earned from sounding like Quarians. Otherwise they feel like your standard “edgy” and “dark” fantasy race – aka Drow.

Same for Tengu who are marginally more interesting. I don’t also care for Skritt or shudder Quaggan since I’m not big on small and joke/cute races. Asura are awesome though which is more an exception than a rule. Skritt and Quaggan are merely annoying.

What I want is either Naga or something that looks like Vorcha in ME series. Something more monstrous. Bonus points if the Naga actually have varied bright and dark patterns and customisable “frills” and fins. Coral snake pattern Naga anyone? Maybe Asp? Snakes are such varied and beautiful animals to draw inspiration from! I gave up on Krait since they are soooo evil but Nagas are nice and would make a good race for Canthan expansion. As long as they keep their snake tails and do not become two legged.

Edit: Oh yeah. I ended up commenting on the race part. Not the profession part. I’d rather have new weapons (orbs, tomes, musical instruments, crossbows, 2h axes, whips) than a completely new profession.

Edit: I also want battle gauntlet weapon that is gives a punching melee style powers. The twist is that it would be an “invisible” weapon and use existing gauntlet models. That way you could go bare fisted or punch with gauntlets.

(edited by Northlander.4619)

Posted by: Senozrout.7925

Senozrout.7925

In this game i miss any undead race, any skins of this you have.
Skritts or Kraits is too good idea for next playable race.
…maybe off topic, but PVP in the World miss lots of players, good solution is a Player Killers method (not using fractions)

Sorry for my bad english :P

Posted by: Syrele.6897

Syrele.6897

Seeing as we have 3 adventurers, and 3 scholars, but only 2 soldier classes, I think that it’s probable that should a new profession be added, it will wear heavy armor. I’m going to suggest a “Mist Warrior” profession. Basically a warrior which uses dark/arcane magic to absorb spells, drain health, ect. High survivability, low damage.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Tengu, when the LA doors will be open?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Zanaraxtarus.3954

Zanaraxtarus.3954

What we need is more weapons and skills to pick. A lot more.
Character and combat severely lack depth because Anet focused on world content

I certainly hope ANet chooses to add more depth BEFORE adding more shinnies…

Add more depth – add more long-term players (customers), add to the potential for game to become a real game in the eyes of the e-sports scene, add a source of steady income in the form of customers who remain with the game continuously and spend small amounts on a regular basis, and a lot more….

Add more shinnies – add more impulsive short-term players which will quit when the new wears off and return for a month or so each time a new “shinny” is added…

The former will ensure the game lasts a long time, ensuring the company’s profits last a long time…
The latter will ensure quick recouping of some expenses incurred in developing and adding said shinnies and long-term death of product…

Pretty sure I know which option I’d pick, but of course all of this is completely moot unless they do some MASSIVE bug/balance fixes before adding ANY type of new content…
I’ve seen far too many games die due to listening to the wrong section of the customer base and/or really screwed up policies on shinny development vs. bug/balance adjustments (I know in many good development companies these two areas are often made up of different members with different specialties, but in the lasting and successful companies I’m familiar with when products have such a massive list of obvious bugs and balance issues to deal with, “team shinny” is put on the back-burner in order to devote more attention to what actually matters. I’m hoping ANet does this now)

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Next race will likely be Tengu, if they do decide on a new class also it will likely be one that would be suitable for the new race. Taking that into account my bet would be on assassin or some kind of shaman/seer as both suit the race well.

Personally I want to play an Avicara Brave.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: AzureShiron.7658

AzureShiron.7658

I wholeheartedly second Jezaths post! Maybe when we go into the depths to fight Primordius…

The dwarves arent coming back, they are extinct as a race, the few that are around devote themselves to holding back primourdus minions in the depths. RS even said that ALL dwarves eventualy underwent the right that turned them in the stone, so there are no non stone dwarves left on tyria. They are also native to tyria and the shiver peak mountans so them being in elona or cantha or some other place wouldnt really fit as well as ALL dwarves becoming stone. That aside i want the tengu to be playable to bad, a class i hope to see is a scythe class or a dervish class, i miss my dervy so much ;-;

If you think this post is about you, it probably is

Posted by: BlizDK.5372

BlizDK.5372

I would love to see a new heavy armored class. Possibly one that uses spears (above water), pole-arms, halberds, glaives, lances or something along those lines.
It could focus on dealing out conditions to multiple foes, like bleeding, cripple, weakness and vulnerability.
Maybe give it less survivability than the Warrior and Guardian but add a more offensive feel to it, with focus on movement and proper placement.

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

If we’re going back to Cantha in the next expansion, I am really hoping for the Ritualist again.

Posted by: linkblade.6093

linkblade.6093

I would love to see a new heavy armored class. Possibly one that uses spears (above water), pole-arms, halberds, glaives, lances or something along those lines.
It could focus on dealing out conditions to multiple foes, like bleeding, cripple, weakness and vulnerability.
Maybe give it less survivability than the Warrior and Guardian but add a more offensive feel to it, with focus on movement and proper placement.

Not to toot my own horn, but I have recently created a thread about submitting detailed suggestions for new professions, and I think the very first thing on my list is what you’re looking for

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Detailed-New-Profession-Suggestions/first#post1160485

I’d love it if anyone who read/saw this would check it out and tell me what you think of what’s been put up there. Better yet, add your own! A few people have already.

It’s nice to just say we want certain things, but to provide greater detailed layouts of our ideas should (hopefully) add value to them, in considering them as potential additions to the game. That’s my thought-process, at least, so that’s where my thread comes in.

GoW3 Pandora: “Hope is what makes us strong.
It is why we are here. It is what we fight with when all else is lost.”

Posted by: bbgone.4730

bbgone.4730

For RACE: They may not add any. There’s no guarantee that they will. You played humans and humans ONLY in GW1. If they do, I’d hope for something like the Kodan. I’m not crazy about the Tengu as a race at all. Their visual design is kinda “Meh,” and they just don’t strike me as something a lot of people will want to play once the novelty passes.

For a profession: I hope they don’t add any professions. There’s already 8 of these, and that’s far more than enough.

The Tengu, I think, would go as far as the Charr do. I would personally love to play a Tengu. However, the Kodan would be amazing. The polar bear is my favorite animal, and I would absolute die to see these available to play.

As for professions, I don’t think adding any would really be an issue. The original game had 10 available professions. When it comes to GW2, I actually find myself wishing I had more options. At the very least, I would really like to see Ritualists make a return.

I think that the polar bears are to closely related to the norn but still would be fun to play but i kinda want the Tengu to appear.

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

In checking out what they had for GW1, I think Assassins look really cool.

Cheers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

Bard class would be nice, other than that, i’d like to see Paragon comming back

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

My class idea is a thesmer. They can port through keep walls, go perma-invisible, kill everyone, then port back through the keep wall. Id play this class.

Posted by: Blissified.8369

Blissified.8369

Some pretty horibble ideas here, one guy suggests we turn classes into races? Orr zombie class? huh? A ghost class? WHAT!? some of you guys really don’t have good ideas, ghosts and orr creatures already have normal classes. Classes arn’t based on race.

Then another suggests a ninja class? Hello? THEIF??!

Thief and ninja may not be EXACTLY the same but its close enough anet isn’t dumb enough to make 2 classes that are almost the same!

Bard – Nope, too close to mesmer.

Chronomancer – Nope too close to mesmer

Guys come on seriously, anet wont make a class thats just a varied version of a different class, gw2 already has this problem we need a completely new class here folks.

I would like another heavy armor class since every other class has 3 of each armor type except for heavy, i want another heavy magic user, but this one i want him basicly the exact opposite of a guardian, make him a death knight, could change the name a little bit if you want because it seems to “WoWy”

I would like some form of deathknight but i cant think of any new mechanics to make him a viable choice.

A devish or paragon seems more like what they will have, perhaps a ranged heavy armor, a polearm / spear weilder

But i would love but i dont think it really would fit with the current professions:

*a Death knight aka Soul Reaper(New name perhaps) his special ability could be 3 special “virtue like” abilities that focus on DE-BUFFING/ SACRAFICING HP / DEFENCE / ANYTHING FOR A BOOST IN SOMTHING ELS for power some ideas:

Soul Reaper – Can use 1 Hand swords,dual 1h swords, Staff,Shield,Scrythe,Polarms,Hammer Longbow Axe. Sceptor,Dagger,Dual 1h axe

Special Class Abilities (Defualt binded to f1,f2,f3)

Soul Blade: Passive: On every 4th attack have a 30 percent chance to apply poison debuff for 5 Seconds on the enemy your attacking [ Active : Aoe apply poison debuff for 5 seconds to a small radious but also infects yourself] Coodown: 60 Seconds (untraited)

Blood Sacrafice: Passive: if your health is under 50 percent you do 10 percent increased damage [ Active : You do 10 percent increased damage for 20 seconds but sacrafice 15 percent of your health ] Cooldown: 60 (untraited)

Sacrificial Pact : Passive: If an enemy critical hits you have a 30 percent chance to gain 5 stacks of might. [ Active: sacrafice 25 percent of your hp for 7 stacks of might for 20 seconds] Coodown: 70 seconds (untraited)

Stuff may or may not be ok, considering i didnt mention traits, base stats, utlitie skills,weapon skills but i’d like him to sort of focus on moving on stat to another stat temprorely giving a boost in one stat,

while getting a loss in the other one temporarely, i know the gw1 necro had stuff like this i’m not sure the gw2 necro has this stuff, i mean i know he has like 1 skill thats SORT OF SIMILAIR but not really, this guy
Could also move around his others stats other then life, like lose defence for dmg, or damage for hp or whatever the possibilities are endless

EXAMPLE (Skill / trait to sacrafice power/crit for hp/toughness)
( Trait: Turn life sacrafices into attack/crit sacrafices and turn the dmg buffs into health / vit buffs (Now this one may be too extreme but is an example of how some traits COULD WORK )
,and imo its a pretty new game mechanic that i dont see being used yet, but has been in gw1 and other games.

This classes strong points ; 1) dps 2) dps with conditions 3) a mix of dps with conditions and not 4) An exellent dmg dealer,
IN GENERAL he would be looked at to do a little more dmg then a guardian, but with a little less survivability, this is overall on average he can still be designed to be a tank (Skill / trait to sacrafice power/crit for hp/toughness)

some traits could be real interesting, perhaps when he loses life to a skill a trait could say 30 percent chance to proc regen buff when using a sacrafcial skill.*

(edited by Blissified.8369)

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

If Quaggans won’t be the next playable race, can Quaggans at least be the next playable class with the option for the current playable races to talk and act like Quaggans?

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

new class should be Wizard. In WvW, there is a guard type “Veteran Wizard”. Make this class like the old-school RPG wizard!!!

OOT:
Skritts!!!! Shinies!!!!

Ok, seriously, the Kodan should be next on the list of potential new race for GW2. At Frostgorge Sound, they said they came to help in the fight against the elder dragons. And their way of talking is very interesting. Very philosophical type of race.

Posted by: Blissified.8369

Blissified.8369

HOW can we have an old school rpg wizard when elementalist is already 25-50 percent of what a mage does (im counting all ellies skills inlcuding the arcane and all the elemental line)

And then for the other non element skills we have a mesmer, i mean im all for a pure mage / wizard class but i dont see where it would work tell me how it can be different, a class needs to have somthing to make it unique and has to bring somthing new to the table or els its useless and anet isnt that dumb.

Posted by: franks.1430

franks.1430

im going have say add the monk class or some other type of healer class

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Please no monk… =O

I’d like to see a summoner. Not a necro but someone who only specialises around summons. He doesnt raise undeads but animals and stuff.

A shapeshifter would be sick as hell too !

Posted by: Zenonium.6852

Zenonium.6852

IF they were to introduce a new class I hope It’s a melee class. I want it to be able to use Gauntlet/ fist weapons. Skills can be like uppercuts from street fighter or quick punches like fist of the north star and kicks. Elite skill would be a shadow image that attacks the same target as the user. skills can have a mix of quick and heavy attacks that daze and knock and close gaps between enemies maybe like 600 range. I just want to see it do a Falcon Punch or Falcon Kick!

Zenonium – Gaurdian
Elezenia – Elementalist | MY GW2 Beginners Guide- Be nice D:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KL1RPj9KB4

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

Dragon knight.

It’s 5 trait lines are named after the dragons.

F1-5
Dealing blows and killing enemies consumes magical essence which they can use to convert a part of their body into a draconic form unique to that dragon.

F1 Primordius – Fire based control abilities in the form of a fiery whip coming from main hand. Offhand items are not changed, main hand skills are.
F2 Kralk – Crystal based greatsword, every hit shatters part of the sword causing it to deal more bleeding the more shattered it becomes. Condition based damage focus with some healing support.
F3 Zhaitan – Your face grows chin-dragon tendrils which absorb health and boons, your melee attacks inflict poison. No weaponry changes.
F4 Jormag – Twin ice swords – High damage reactionary skills, main hand and offhand counter skills using offhand counter deals no damage back but instead marks the target, using main hand counter on a marked target deals massive damage.
F5 Mordramoth (Assumed bubbles) – Swaps your land based weapons for your sea based weapons. In the water you get your land based weaponry and vice versa on land. Skills are changed/balanced to be more efficient in their new environment, boosted by dragon power.

Class lore- The inquest went too far and it back fired on them.

Posted by: Xhalvia.5029

Xhalvia.5029

Monks don’t need to be healers ¬.¬
But on topic:
I want to see Dervish’s again
and spirit masters!
Those classes where EPIC

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

Fix the current classes first for kittens sake.

However, Tengu and Kodan as races would be awesome!

Spakpak.7260

How about a class that can shapeshift, kind of like a wow Druid. Depending on what type of weapon you use you take on a different form. For example, having two daggers might be a panther and a greatsword would be a bear. I realize it is similar to Norn ult forms, but it would still be a cool idea

Posted by: cravenbeast.9836

cravenbeast.9836

Well there are 3 adventurer professions and 3 scholar professions so there is room for another warrior profession for sure.

Here’s my suggestion:

Totem Barbarian

or let’s make it more guildwarsy and call it the:

Ritual Barbarian

Essentially a shaman or ritualist who wears heavy armor. The “Totem” playstyle would be a welcome addition to the current line up of playstyles. Nature magic is not really represented in the game either, aside from racial skills (yes I know elements are natural but I’m talking plant/animal magic).

Posted by: the moidart.3612

the moidart.3612

Most of what I see here is ‘thief with more skills/weapon choices’, ‘warrior with more skills/weapon choices’, and ‘summoner somewhere between Spirit Wep Guardian and MM’.

Personally, I think they should keep the classes they have, and simply add more skills and weapon types to them. That would allow us to continue to develop our existing characters instead of creating a glut of one or two character types, like Dervs and Paras in Nightfall or Ssins and Rits in Factions.

Another race or two on the other hand wouldn’t hurt too much, but might be hard to integrate.

Posted by: Chris S.8273

Chris S.8273

No on monk. It’s been done by other mmo’s and not something fresh to the genre.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Race: Playable dragons.

Class: Dragon.

Posted by: Miomooki.3812

Miomooki.3812

I definitely hope to see ritualist and dervish somewhere in the future. And some new classes would be great also like the chronomancer they designed to the GW utopia

Posted by: richardsmith.3104

richardsmith.3104

I think something like a priest that is a mage but focuses in holy related. Ofc not a focused healer as for our No tanks No healer No DPS thing.

Posted by: Eviscera.9703

Eviscera.9703

Race: Undead / Zombie.
Class: A Ninja / Rogue class with 1 or 2 perma stealth skills and good survivability outside stealth. A Monk / Priest class would be nice also.

(edited by Eviscera.9703)