Next gw2 Expansion Class?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

this is guild wars, there are not classes, there are PROFESSIONS! lets get this right people

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

A hand to hand combatant called the pugilist. Instead of weapon swapping he could have stances he could swap to change his fighting style. Maybe it could have some magic with it as well to enhance it or add weapons that followed different trait lines. IDK I am just throwing out some ideas. The Teras Kasi Artist in Star Wars Galaxies had this and it was a crazy fun class because you would walk up to Rancors and punch them. That is about as tuff with two f’s as you can get.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Ghostrage.5127

Ghostrage.5127

Ritualist please! I loved the “eyes covered thus blind, but im seeing with my third eye” look, and their gameplay was already unique and combo-oriented in GW1. The Kit mechanic that engineers already use would make most of the work already done to do the carrying an urn/symbol instead of a weapon + dropping it effects. And we already have stationary pets that are summoned to either give buffs or attack, in game. So the spirit summoning mechanics would be easy.

(edited by Ghostrage.5127)

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

Cantha expansion with Ritualist Class. /thread

Posted by: Ghostrage.5127

Ghostrage.5127

I agree, blueroseknight. I LOVED the Cantha expansion for GW1. Gorgeous oriental theme on the zones and resulting storylines, chinese new year events being celebrated, etc. I’d love to see some version of it here in GW2.

Posted by: ciannait.1945

ciannait.1945

I miss my dervish something fierce. Whirly death!

Posted by: DeonCadme.4971

DeonCadme.4971

I would love to play as one of those large, white bears that roam the western Norn areas For a class, a sort of mixed mage + knight class is always what i love with flashy, bulky armor

Posted by: Volcane Crucio.4723

Volcane Crucio.4723

Mursaat please ! <Legit Mursaat Fan>

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I know I said it but chef ^_^ I don’t mean the profession (it’s already one and can make dyes and omnomberry cakes and such) I mean as a fighting class where you could like throw pies in faces and such.

Posted by: phixter.6234

phixter.6234

Do we really need a new profession? I think the professions we have cover what we need, my guess would be adding new weapons, for example we do not have a two handed axe yet… but we do have a two handed sword and a two handed hammer…

My 2 cents.

(edited by phixter.6234)

Posted by: Sazaraki.1970

Sazaraki.1970

I would love to see a martial artist class using fists or knuckles

Posted by: Scorpio.3821

Scorpio.3821

Pirates class would fit very well into the game.

Legate of the Legion.

Posted by: ghostchipz.2341

ghostchipz.2341

Race : Largos ( Sayeh al’ Rajhd just looked so good )

Profession : Has to be Ritualist (just imagin the WvW with armies of Spirts)

Posted by: Mutiny.4180

Mutiny.4180

They really did seem to set up largos as a player race, didn’t they? They sure seemed to be doing more than tengu, anyway.

Posted by: Publik.5604

Publik.5604

On the topic of Skritt and the hive-mind idea, I’ve wanted for a while a ‘race’ that’s actually a group of individuals acting as a single unit. Think 3 Skritt acting as a single player, and then think of that trio trying to swing around a greatsword as a warrior. Racial elite is they all jump on each other’s shoulders and pretend to be a Charr, second elite is ‘Shinies!’ which summons additional Skritt and effectively doubles the group size. Hilarity ensues.

Posted by: psyt.9415

psyt.9415

I want ritualist it was a lot of fun and there is room for another defensive buffer type class with pets. Ranger spirits don’t play like Rit at all nor are they even useful currently.

People saying monk and dragoon I doubt it.

No because WoW just did it and thats kind of a me too attitude to take which would be bad for PR right after Mists has released. Maybe in the expac after the first one it would make more sense.

Dragoon no as well because it is a direct rip off of Final Fantasy which is their intellectual property.

Posted by: Havoc.4975

Havoc.4975

I want the Dervish. I didn’t read all the replies, but here’s one for the Derv.

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

As much as I like to see the Ritualist (which was my main profession back in GW1), I probably shouldn’t expect them since the Engineer closely resembles it.

Instead, if the next expansion involves Cantha or just the Tengu in general, then I wouldn’t mind a martial arts related profession. Hand-to-Hand combat might be something to look into. Their melee weapons would be Knuckles that could be crafted by Jewelers; while their ranged weapons would be like a blow dart, similar to what some Hyleks use.

If the next expansion involves the Crystal Desert, Elona, and Palawa Joko, I would probably expect the return of the Dervish with the Scythe being their primary melee weapon, with Staves being their ranged alternative.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Rise.9702

Rise.9702

Quick question: Did GW1 ever add more classes down the line or was they all already just there?

You sir are a Scholar and Gentlekitten.

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

GW1 added new professions with each new stand-alone expansion.

In Factions, the Assassin and Ritualist were added. The two played pretty much like the Thief and Engineer respectively, just with their own quirks that make them what they are. For example, Ritualists would summon stationary spirits instead of turrets, and use temporary weapon spell augmentations instead of full-blown weapon kits.

In Nightfall, the Paragon and Dervish were added. Paragons were like the Guardians back in the day but used a spear to perform ranged attacks, while supporting their party with Shouts and Chants. Dervishes were hooded medium-armor wearers that wielded the scythe and did some really awesome stuff with them; and can even transform into the different avatar forms.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Lancer would a good one, but …lacking the horse it’s kind of hard to pull off.

I’d think a newer-style class should be made for this game.

Think…Archeologist. That’s a class that would be awesome. They use abilities like “tunnel” to get dig down and get behind the enemy. There’s also “ancient curse”, “wrath of the mummy”, “rock of doom”. And the weapon? A whip! Yes! Okay, sure they can use spears as well. And there’s also Focus, Torch, Scepter, Dagger.

The Archeologist class would also get to make fields that slow (“Quicksand”) and other fields by use of Ancient Tablets thrown to the ground. The elite could be something like “Secret Of The Dwarfs”, which would grant Dwarven strength and a stone hide for a while (almost like Elixir X for Engineers).

I’m sure that Arena.Net’s programmers can work up much better abilities and ideas for it, but it’s a great concept that other games don’t have (as far as I’m aware of).

Posted by: johnnyaltomonte.5872

johnnyaltomonte.5872

I’d rather not have a class implemented that’s based on hand-to-hand combat (Like with all these Monk posts) but instead have hand-to-hand made as an available weapon slot for the other classes to use. Classes i’d like implemented: BARD. C’mon. Easy choice. For race, the Largos and Tengus look and sound amazing, and would be pretty awesome.

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

If they add new professions, I hope they don’t do so in the same manner they introduced them in the original game.
With Factions and subsequently Nightfall, while each introduced two new professions, they also introduced more skills for existing classes, but did not make sure that the new classes had the same amount of skills as the old ones, meaning that in the end assassins, ritualists, dervishes and paragons had less total skills than the core 6 professions.
Whether this was by design, lack of development time or just laziness, I do not want to see the same happen again.
I would say that they’re probably best off not introducing any new skills for existing professions with expansions if they introduce new ones, but this would probably cause massive outcry in the community.
So please ArenaNet, if you do decide to add new professions with expansions but also choose to add new skills to old ones, make sure they have as many total skills as the original professions.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: Lwd.1264

Lwd.1264

Dark Knight ( Death Knight, Anti Hero , etc…), because we have only 2 classes wearing best looking heavy armor. We need heavy class using destructive magick which counters guardians , because many of gamers prefer “evil” style gameplay

All my answers are not official or something , I just have great experience ;)

Posted by: Hawk.8193

Hawk.8193

A new class could be interesting, but I think the same could be achieved by adding new weapons and skills.
A few new weapons would give existing classes new combos and could give them an entirely new way to play, almost making it a new class.

For new races ,Largos and Tengu would probably be the most interesting.
I think the fact we see so little of them pretty much confirms they’ll be in the expansions (especially the Tengu, because of their place reserved in LA)
I’m looking forward to the Largos though, at the moment we don’t have a race with an underwater focus, so that might get interesting.

Posted by: kiranslee.4829

kiranslee.4829

I would say , some ranged class, rang.. no no , marksman !

Posted by: Varielle.9074

Varielle.9074

I’d like to see a 3rd Soldier profession. Maybe call it a Vanquisher or Ravager. Something fearsome. It would be the opposite of a guardian. A soldier that dons heavy armor but wields dark magic / channels wrath or anger to weaken foes, heal self and etc…

Posted by: Boss.4753

Boss.4753

SHAMAN!!!!!!!! would love a char shaman !!

Posted by: prenavo.3926

prenavo.3926

We have a regular warrior. We have a guardian. Why not have a Death Knight class?

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

well we have 3 light armor 3 medium armor but only 2 heavy armor barbarian maybe ? would be heavy armor class as well

Posted by: Comalies.6295

Comalies.6295

Id like to see some sort of Buffer(Bard/Enchanter from EQ/FFXI) who sits in the back a a ranged magic dealer(bard would have ranged weps like bows) and buffs the group with constant regen(id say mana but there is no mana..so endurance?)

Would be interesting to see an actual full time support class. With only CCs and Buffs.

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

I want the Commando class.

Posted by: tasaunders.3746

tasaunders.3746

Wow. I want absolutely none of these classes people are talking about. I especially don’t want a bard or a monk. I’d rather see the return of some of the GW1 classes. Ritualist would be my #1 choice, though I’d rather see a re-imagining of the class, as so it isn’t just an engineer with spirits. A ritualist that could summon spirits that move to attack for instance would be interesting. Weapon enhancing spells would also make them group friendly.

Posted by: piitb.7635

piitb.7635

If Jormag is next I think the next class will be Shaman and it will be designed similar to how the ritualist was in GW1.

Shaman are already in guild wars lore. Many a Charr were shaman. And shaman fit in with both Norn and Kodan societies.

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

My guess? New profession will be “water themed”.

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

If they add new classes I would like to see something along the lines of.

Ritualists, summons ghosts and spirits to buff and debuff well useing attacks to control the battle.

Reaver heavy armored class that mainly does damage with conditions, range and melee

Blademaster (dervish) medium armor mainly melee high mobilty non stealth. (My favorite type of class)

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Posted by: Karast.1927

Karast.1927

Race: Either Dwarf or Skritt ((Quaggan would be OP))

Profession: Sandwitchmancer ((behold the power of ham and cheese!))

I would actually rather see an expansion of existing professions with new weapons / skills than a new profession.

The monk could easily be done with a new weapon set and a few utilities for thief / warrior.

I would love to see spears / halberds, crossbows, steam cannons, fist weapons, and tons of other weapons added to expand existing professions.

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

I would like this class:

God:
- Immortal
- 1 skill: Win!
- Haz wingzzzz omg wingzzz can you believe it?>??z

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I would like to see barbarian another heavy armor could make it similar to the one in diablo 2 but still keep it different from warrior

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I would like this class:

God:
- Immortal
- 1 skill: Win!
- Haz wingzzzz omg wingzzz can you believe it?>??z

Would still receive less hate than Thieves.

But on topic, I have a soft spot for Martial Arts Monks.

Posted by: Amlin.6041

Amlin.6041

I miss Ritualists.

Posted by: Magic.5027

Magic.5027

Your title says RACE. So, I would have to say Skritt! That would be epic.

FOOOO!

Need Quaggan

Posted by: attonita.6327

attonita.6327

I would really like to see a summoner class akin to the ritualist introduced in the next expansion. I really enjoyed playing my ritualist in GW1, and liked the ritualist aesthetic a lot as well. I always kind of assumed that Cantha would be the next expansion, so bringing the rit back in with it would work nicely. As for races I’d really like to play the tengu! I’ve liked them since Prophecies and I think having the tengu as a playable race would work really well. The tengu returning to Cantha after their race was exiled and Cantha itself was shut off from the outside world would make an interesting storyline, I think.

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

If Cantha is going to be the first major expansion, then maybe a third heavy armor could be added … something along the lines of a samurai class. Or better yet, a sword-saint. Either way, if a comparison must be made, it could be combination of the warrior and the ele class, similar in ways to the way that the derv was designed with the various wind, earth, etc., boons and spells. And there are armors already usable for it (Minsitry of Purity/Dragonguard). Weapons choices would be similar to that of the warrior, but the skills themselves would have different effects (burning blade, hammer with a thunderclapbow that fires shafts of lightning). And the profession mechanic could be something like honor — built up for every noble action or deed (reviving allies, healing, etc.) that could then be unleashed.

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I really don’t see why not the Dervish since people love em.

A light armor class which utilizes various buffs to fight alongside Heavy classes in melee.

Utilizes staff (and staves with a scythe skin) as a melee weapon.

Posted by: Genoss Hazard.7528

Genoss Hazard.7528

The game doesn’t need a new class. It really needs more skills and traits added to the existing ones. Quite a few, actually. Have a couple expansions of that before you start worrying about making a new profession.

If they add more skills and traits it would just result in an imbalance for the devs. They even made a statement regarding skills “Quality rather than quantity”

Posted by: Khalisto.2615

Khalisto.2615

Hello guys i was thinkin about another classes, my idea was like a monk. very cool i think. please Share ure ideas!

I would love a MONK themed class or a magical class that does damage and healing by stealing the enemies life.

Posted by: Genoss Hazard.7528

Genoss Hazard.7528

If Jormag is next I think the next class will be Shaman and it will be designed similar to how the ritualist was in GW1.

Shaman are already in guild wars lore. Many a Charr were shaman. And shaman fit in with both Norn and Kodan societies.

Yeah… they should just call it a Ritualist it sounds better than shaman. Elementalist-sorcerer. Sorcerer-elementalist.

Posted by: Marvyra.1729

Marvyra.1729

Monk Monk Monk Monk! <3

Doesn’t have to be a healer type, FISTS IN THE FACE!

Or the Ritualist, really miss that one. :<

Posted by: catqeer.1954

catqeer.1954

Just combine the monk (martial artist) and the ritualist into one class … I really miss the ritualist aesthetics I get most of their gameplay from the engineer but i miss having power over spirits and binding them to my will…

Like the ritualist can summon a passive spirit that grants buffs and or debuffs then they can choose to fuse with said spirit transforming the ritualist for a short time… also you can only summon one passive spirit at a time… and it would be a scholar…

(edited by catqeer.1954)