Please do not destroy this game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MandJ.8965

MandJ.8965

Ascended Weapons.. ascended Gear.. buff for more HP and other stats in WvW..

@Arena-Net.:
Please do not destroy this game!Please no things like in World of Warcraft, no itemspiral!!! Guild Wars 2 is a wonderful game for PvP (WvWvW), because there is no itemspiral, no buff you get when you play more PvP (WvWvW) than others. It’s a wonderful game because you need skill! And thats why I play this game. I have a chance when I play three times a week against players who played every day five hours. And that makes Guild Wars 2 be one of the best MMO’s ever! So please Arena Net, don’t destroy the game with those alterations!
Why do you tout with this, and now you want to take it in the game? The reasons below were the reasons to buy this game. And now you change it? In my opinion the game will be destroyed with this.
So guys, don’t let this happen. If some guys want an itemspiral than why you play GW2? Make no sense. Arena Net, you had created a game which is different than normal MMO’s. And thats why I love it.
And whats next? Healers and Tanks? You cannot advertise with something, and then after a Year add things you never want to!

At least, sorry for my bad english :P

Momekas
Momekas Namu

(edited by MandJ.8965)

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Too late……………………

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Sadly, yes, it’s too late. And, it’s maddening for those who love this game. GW2 could have been great had it continued as a new kind of MMO in this regard.

Posted by: Tsezar.6950

Tsezar.6950

ascended gear is the biggest lie anet does.. they dont know that they gonna destroy the game with it… i see it coming that ppl gonna leave because of it.. already 5 ppl i know said when more ascended comes into the game they gonna quit.. i mean anet shouldnt forget that this year elder scrolls online comes out.. ppl who start to play it will never come back to gw2 because other ppl have way better gear then them and tehy are miles behind

I PLay Without Hands To Have [Fun]

How many Dzagonurs and Gunnars do you need to kill me? Over 9000!!

Posted by: ZBoss.5610

ZBoss.5610

Itemspiral and grinding. Two things we were promised were very different with GW2 compared to other MMOs. Not looking good on keeping those promises atm.

Posted by: Michael.7943

Michael.7943

Sad to see, that instead of keeping their promise and fixing the core game they just add pink items.

MandJ.8965

Yes, it is really sad because this game makes so fun. I even don’t have ascended jewels!! Because Anet says: No Itemspiral in Guild Wars 2.
And now i must grind for that to get ascended things, because an full ascended gear is MUCH better than full exotic. And thats not okay.
1) the different by the stats are too high i think,
2) they say theres no itemspiral.

I talk about it with some people, all will left the game if they brig ascended gear. And this is sad, because this game has so much potential. Hope it’s not too late.

Momekas
Momekas Namu

Posted by: Bacon.4918

Bacon.4918

Strongly against the vertical progression system to be introduced in the upcoming patch.

Highest soloQ rank – #2

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

No doubt by the time we’re able to grind out Ascended gear for all our mains (just forget about gearing up any alts!), we’ll certainly have the next tier of gear foisted upon us.

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

Strongly against the vertical progression system to be introduced in the upcoming patch.

It was introduced back in November. Once the Ascended armor is added then maybe they’ll stop there.

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

Unfortunately it’s too late. Im still trying To gear up all alts and Now will have To work for ascended weapons too..

Posted by: ZBoss.5610

ZBoss.5610

They NEED to fix the core. What happened to fixing dungeons so they aren’t broken or rewards from dungeons? World Bosses? Does anyone really want or care about farming a world boss when you can go to an event that spawns 3 champs and get better stuff from a champ drop vs a super chest?! How does that even make sense? And then there is adding more end game content like new level 80 zones or another level 80 dungeon? So much time was wasted with these stupid monthly events that only gave people aesthetic skins for this piece of armor or this weapon. We’ve had fractals for how many months and yet no new zones have been added to it? Get your priorities straight! Gear grinding with no new zones to grind in for the gear…at least WoW gave a whole expansion to play through when they decided to add a new tier to armors/weapons.

MandJ.8965

Why? I wnt to Play a game. I don’t want to ‘work for a game’ And thats not fun to grind these things! Because I don’t like itemspiral and grinding. And Arena Net said:" No Itemspiral, no grinding." And now? It was a lie, and that’s not okay! A Company cannot create a product, and tout with something and than, the advertising was an lie? Is this Arena Net? I though not. So stop this Arena Net, you are an great Company, don’t get worse!

Momekas
Momekas Namu

Posted by: Hrithmus.2583

Hrithmus.2583

To late. Wait until the Armor comes out. It’s only to get worse. Ascended weapons and armor will be death of this game. Just watch. WvW people are fuming right now.

Posted by: Michael.7943

Michael.7943

To late. Wait until the Armor comes out. It’s only to get worse. Ascended weapons and armor will be death of this game. Just watch. WvW people are fuming right now.

They have a right to be! This game is all about gear and it should be about skill.

Posted by: moerti.9801

moerti.9801

A-Net STAPH!!!!!!

MandJ.8965

Yes, it’s Guild Wars! Guild vs Guild! Not Gear Wars, or Grind Wars or whatever. Skill, not gear! Fun, not grind! Truth, not lies! It’s really sad, but who knowes? Maybe they read this and don’t make this happen. Or ask every Player about this! There are so many options.. but this is a big mistake.

Momekas
Momekas Namu

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I’m under the impression that they aren’t going beyond ascended, can someone show where they’ve stated otherwise? Not “they made ascended therefore…” As far as raw stats are concerned, this game is still largely skill based. Rares can beat exotics.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I’m under the impression that they aren’t going beyond ascended, can someone show where they’ve stated otherwise? Not “they made ascended therefore…” As far as raw stats are concerned, this game is still largely skill based. Rares can beat exotics.

People are just being overly dramatic, welcome to the forums. They are just extrapolating based on non existent information and hyperbole.

Generally, it is done by former guild wars 1 players that tend to idealize guild wars 1 as the perfect game with no grind (which makes this game look like a kitten in terms of grinding).

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

It’s hardly an item spiral if, one year on, they still haven’t released a full set of “next tier” items.

Put this into comparison with other MMOs, who release a next level of items every few months.

An MMO with no slow incline in gear will become very stale for those who have gaming as a passion, rather than a minor hobby. AN are doing it very well, taking it slow and making it obtainable to all (except those who hole themselves up in one part of the game, which is the players problem, not ANs).

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

@ MandJ.8965
You knew they where coming at one point and time you had months to get ready for them yet you chose to not get over it. Nothing you say will changes what going to be added in they where going to add in a full set of this level of item the sec they added in the rings. It will make a person a bit stronger but not that much stronger mainly in wvw the max level gurd ability will be a great deal more of a game brake then any item you can put on your self. At the same time wvw weapons will out preform any item you can put on your self in both taking keeps tower and in the filed fighting.

The big thing you must keep in mind is WvW was not made to be fair it was made for servers to fight other servers some are bigger some have more ppl at times and some have more up levels. If you cant get over that one fact you will never have fun in WvW

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

It’s hardly an item spiral if, one year on, they still haven’t released a full set of “next tier” items.

Put this into comparison with other MMOs, who release a next level of items every few months.

An MMO with no slow incline in gear will become very stale for those who have gaming as a passion, rather than a minor hobby. AN are doing it very well, taking it slow and making it obtainable to all (except those who hole themselves up in one part of the game, which is the players problem, not ANs).

See you are being logical, but their comments are not based on logic but on hyperbole.

They already made up their minds, logic is not going to change it. Funny thing is they have known for a year it was happening but, I guess they decided to simply ignore it. And then they think a few forum post is going to change what took a year in the making.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Hrithmus.2583

oooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, then what is the point of the skins. Isn’t that the part to keep gear fresh and looking different? When did “Stats” get thrown in? Stop trying to act like this is a good thing that everyone should be pumped about.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

After playing vindictus, this is not bad at all lol. The champion loot system makes me sad though. Everybody in pve just wants to go zerging in a circle 24/7 now. I thought we play games for fun lol

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

They will release new ascended gears that shoot rainbow kitties,puppies,hamsters,chickens and etc…………

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Yet more proof that Anet has no clue how to run a proper mmorpg. And yet more proof that forum mods do not want suggestions of ideas that are better than their ideas. (The proof being that the op was infracted). I’ve played more mmorpgs in my lifetime than I can count, and every single one of them made sense. They made sense from a business perspective as well as from a player’s perspective. Then I come to GW2 and their constant updates are confusing, they disrupt the economy multiple times, and their game just doesn’t make sense from either perspective. There was literally no point in adding ascended gear other than to please the minority. What about the majority of GW2’s population?

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

How is ascended supposed to bridge the gap between exotics and legendary now huh? When we are required to spend those items on ascended instead. -_-

They should’ve just allowed us to ascend our current gear through some other method. They’re just killing the game for me personally. I’m regretting ever buying into their promises.

I pity the people who spent so much time on their expensive exotic weapons. Should’ve just waited and used that gold on ascended instead. :/

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I think at the very core, many people are against Ascended because it just adds more things to do without actually adding anything. Whenever a new item tier went up in WoW, it came with actual content like raids or maybe a new battlegrounds or a new dungeon. Combine this with the fact that we’ve seen little changes to the world and the game over these past few months (unless you consider things like champ bags substantial content), and the little we do get to see is temporary- well, you kinda understand the disappointment.

If they’d done something like open the Crystal Desert, make ascended mats drop from enemies there and the raw materials mine-able from nodes, then you’d see a lot less complaints, as getting the ascended would also be part of the exploration of these new parts of the game.

Hrithmus.2583

I think at the very core, many people are against Ascended because it just adds more things to do without actually adding anything. Whenever a new item tier went up in WoW, it came with actual content like raids or maybe a new battlegrounds or a new dungeon. Combine this with the fact that we’ve seen little changes to the world and the game over these past few months (unless you consider things like champ bags substantial content), and the little we do get to see is temporary- well, you kinda understand the disappointment.

If they’d done something like open the Crystal Desert, make ascended mats drop from enemies there and the raw materials mine-able from nodes, then you’d see a lot less complaints, as getting the ascended would also be part of the exploration of these new parts of the game.

THIS IS 100% how i feel. Great Reply to the OP. +1

Posted by: Arondrinor.5307

Arondrinor.5307

I am a wvw focused player and I like to play with my both 5 level 80 characters. In totally they have 8 exotic armors and 9 exotic trinket sets and lots of exotic weapons. So when I wanna do solo duels I’ll go with berserkers sets. In zerg play I change my gears. Also sometimes I want to play with condition way and change my sets.

Ascended trinkets effected my “what I want” play style but I only bought 5 ascended amulets for eachother and I handle with it. In these days I’m trying to decide for full ascended trinket set for my one character. However after I read the incoming ascended update I decided to quit this beautiful game. Because this update will ruin my fun understanding from this game and I can’t work get lots of ascended weapons and armors for my 5 characters. This is very sad for me. Maybe I will continue only play spvp sometimes when I missed the GW2. I have more than 1.3k hours play and still I like to play this game until that update. In pve this may be not create a big problem but in wvw It will provide an advantage to your opponent clearly in full exotic vs full ascended comparison. Sorry for bad english.

(edited by Arondrinor.5307)

Posted by: Acerola.6407

Acerola.6407

Ascended gear is one new gear type. It’s out for near a year now and we still don’t have all slots. That is no treadmill at all. If you want to see how a treadmill really feels, go play a game which has one as an endgame feature.

xephire.8324

Ascended gear is one new gear type. It’s out for near a year now and we still don’t have all slots. That is no treadmill at all. If you want to see how a treadmill really feels, go play a game which has one as an endgame feature.

I’m playing one now that is gw2.

Leo Paul.1659

My equipment which I have been using will become obsolete (by that I mean NOT BiS) after this ascended crap has been introduced. That wasn’t was I was expecting when I bought this game, thinking it will be like GW1 where even if I stopped playing for a year, I won’t be behind in terms of stats (regardless of how small the increment is).

Acerola.6407

I explained why this game has no treadmill (yet), but you refuse to understand it.
And @ leo paul

No, exotics will be fine. The difference isn’t that big.

If you can’t handle the direction of this game or if you believe your wrong treadmill interpretation, then you might quit.

MandJ.8965

You ignore the fact: THEY SAID THERE IS NO ITEMSPIRAL IN GUILD WARS 2.
And now?
I only play WvW, and I play 3 different Characters and every of them need this ascended gear. I don’t have the time to get this for all of them. And what about Sigills? And my different Playstyles? Now I must get different ascended Jewels, Gear and Weapons? It’s a lie to add this stuff to the game. And that’s really sad.

Momekas
Momekas Namu

Acerola.6407

I already said why there is no itemspiral yet. You might find an argument against mine instead of capslock kitten all over the place

Posted by: cillercammy.8064

cillercammy.8064

I think all these angry posts sound quite ridiculous. Here are my thoughts!

-First: Anet stated last November that Ascended gear was supposed to be in game at launch, but didn’t make it do to budget and time constraints.

-Second: There is NO higher tier content being added with ascended weapons. Meaning you don’t even need them for any part of the game other than just having them with their MINIMAL stat increase. If you don’t want one, don’t craft one. It will not matter.

-Third: This is not a GearTreadmill nor is it a ItemSpiral. Those occur when new tiers are added every 2-4 months. It has now been over a year and we don’t even have a full tier added ( just rings, back pieces, trinkets and the soon to be weapons).

The thought of rage quitting a game over a new tier weapon with a tiny stat increase just sounds absurd. Do people expect Anet to still just hand out weapon skins 5 years down the road? I love new skins, but skin wars 2 won’t survive. People will not care in 5 years when they have over 600 new weapon skins in their bank. I think they have found a great balance to please both types of players. New tier for those who wont better stats but minimal enough so that no one needs them to appeal to those who don’t want them.

in the end I feel really bad for everyone who has or will rage quit. When all is said and done, I think Anet is doing a great job here. The game is growing, changing and in my opinion getting better with age. I feel bad for everyone who will miss out and such a great MMO down the road.

Leo Paul.1659

They already implemented the itemspiral when they added ascended.. Sure it wasn’t exactly like the other MMO’s where an entire set is introduced. They just did it gradually. Starting from rings and backpieces, then amulets, then earrings, now we have to grind for new weapons, and lastly armors. It’s just a different take on the same thing.

People who came from GW1 will understand. I don’t expect the rest of you folks who defend them to get it.

MandJ.8965

I already said why there is no itemspiral yet. You might find an argument against mine instead of capslock kitten all over the place

With ascended weapons, legendary boost, and ascended gear is there a itemspiral..

Momekas
Momekas Namu

Leo Paul.1659

With ascended weapons, legendary boost, and ascended gear is there a itemspiral..

AND infusions

Acerola.6407

None at all. Please consider my kitten argument.

What the hell have infusions to do with a treadmill? They’re a part of ascended gear, so they can’t be seen disconnected from then.

Legendaries just get the ascended quality … as it should be. So there is nothing above → no treadmill yet.

(edited by Acerola.6407)

Acerola.6407

People who came from GW1 will understand. I don’t expect the rest of you folks who defend them to get it.

Yes. you can see it this way. But that is your problem. I come from GW1 and played WoW. That’s why I know exactly what a real treadmill is. kitten it, in the time GW2 adds 1 new gear, real treadmill-games add a thousand of them.

And still, you don’t need ascended gear, unless you do fractals. But fractals are a grind themselves … by design, intentionally.

Get (over) it or stop playing, please. If ascended gear was there from the release (as it was planned if we can believe the PR of this company), then nobody would cry.

(edited by Acerola.6407)

xephire.8324

Yes. you can see it this way. But that is your problem. I come from GW1 and played WoW. That’s why I know exactly what a real treadmill is. kitten it, in the time GW2 adds 1 new gear, real treadmill-games add a thousand of them.

Thousands…..Seems legit.Your post doesn’t seem legit.

MandJ.8965

They already implemented the itemspiral when they added ascended.. Sure it wasn’t exactly like the other MMO’s where an entire set is introduced. They just did it gradually. Starting from rings and backpieces, then amulets, then earrings, now we have to grind for new weapons, and lastly armors. It’s just a different take on the same thing.

This! And for only WvW Players is this feature really bad. If two Guyd fight against, both are good Players. One use full exotic, one use full ascended gear. The ascended gear guy will win. And Guild Wars 2 said, you will win with skill, not gear. So now I → must <- grind to get this stuff, to have no disadvantage. And that could be really hard for someone who don’t play PvE an who has no time to play five times a week. And ANet said you will have no disadvantage if you come back to GW2 after a couple of months. But now? There’s a disadvantage.

Momekas
Momekas Namu

Leo Paul.1659

Regardless of how long it takes them to add BiS equips, that is NOT what they said when they promised us vertical progression.

xephire.8324

This! And for only WvW Players is this feature really bad. If two Guyd fight against, both are good Players. One use full exotic, one use full ascended gear. The ascended gear guy will win. And Guild Wars 2 said, you will win with skill, not gear. So now I -> must <- grind to get this stuff, to have no disadvantage. And that could be really hard for someone who don’t play PvE an who has no time to play five times a week. And ANet said you will have no disadvantage if you come back to GW2 after a couple of months. But now? There’s a disadvantage.

This^^.

Acerola.6407

Thousands…..Seems legit.Your post doesn’t seem legit.

Oh, come on. Are you kidding me? You know exactly what I mean and you are still trolling?

Okay we can stop this. You guys don’t want to discuss, just complain. Go ahead.

Posted by: Wallach.7291

Wallach.7291

It isn’t a treadmill in the sense that you are chasing an ever-increasing plateau. This will be the first real plateau shift (and maybe the only one) that happens in GW2.

It will, however, as currently described a vicious grind. For me to rejoin my exact place in the power plateau with my three character will probably take about two years, accounting for time I won’t be able to play. About 1 year 8 months assuming I played every day and could always afford to craft the items on cooldown. Any weapon drops I come upon will take at least 2 weeks off that number each time, but I can’t imagine the drop chance for such a thing is very high and I am likely to find more than one or two during the course of that grind.

Posted by: Norelation.3067

Norelation.3067

I think all these angry posts sound quite ridiculous. Here are my thoughts!

-First: Anet stated last November that Ascended gear was supposed to be in game at launch, but didn’t make it do to budget and time constraints.

-Second: There is NO higher tier content being added with ascended weapons. Meaning you don’t even need them for any part of the game other than just having them with their MINIMAL stat increase. If you don’t want one, don’t craft one. It will not matter.

-Third: This is not a GearTreadmill nor is it a ItemSpiral. Those occur when new tiers are added every 2-4 months. It has now been over a year and we don’t even have a full tier added ( just rings, back pieces, trinkets and the soon to be weapons).

The thought of rage quitting a game over a new tier weapon with a tiny stat increase just sounds absurd. Do people expect Anet to still just hand out weapon skins 5 years down the road? I love new skins, but skin wars 2 won’t survive. People will not care in 5 years when they have over 600 new weapon skins in their bank. I think they have found a great balance to please both types of players. New tier for those who wont better stats but minimal enough so that no one needs them to appeal to those who don’t want them.

in the end I feel really bad for everyone who has or will rage quit. When all is said and done, I think Anet is doing a great job here. The game is growing, changing and in my opinion getting better with age. I feel bad for everyone who will miss out and such a great MMO down the road.

Thank god a voice of reason exists in this thread. I was considering answering all of the crazy tinfoil hat claims that have been expressed so far myself. Ascended gear was supposed to be a tier in the initial release of the game for the love of all that is fluffy. In a year, if they’re implementing a NEW set of gear, then I will find the wacky doomsayer, coolaid drinking mania a slight bit more reasonable. Instead you should be glaring at the time gating on the new gear. There’s a bit more reason for eyebrow raising in that decision.

xephire.8324

Grind wars 2 was born………….