*Precursor Rage*

*Precursor Rage*

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Another week of mystic forging, another week of frustration. I’m not lazy, I bust my kitten trying to get my precursor. I’m convinced my account is perma unlucky, it’s a shame, I enjoy a great deal about the game and spend cash on it but I don’t see that continuing. I’ll play the game for free and stop trying.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Leoneth.8762

Leoneth.8762

Spoiler alert: I’m not trying to show off or make any one mad.

But I just wanted to throw in my experience. I once spent about 70g and threw it down the Mystic Toilet and got The Legend. Needless to say I needed to change my pants afterwards.

Just yesterday (4.5.2014) there was a daily mystic forge usage, so I threw some Greatswords in the toilet and got Dawn on my second try.

My secret? Well, I don’t really consider it a secret. It’s really pretty obvious. I only use level 78 Exotics. The precursors kind of throw themselves at me. I also don’t use the toilet repeatedly, so there may be some RNG help there with the lack of spamming attempts.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

I know my luck so I don’t even pretend I’m going to get one, and by the gods I never gamble in the toilet. I’ve instead sold all the exotics I get. I’ve bought a precursor, and will be saving up the T6 mats, though I sold all mine with the news that pvp will drop them too after the 16th. Will see what prices do at that time then start saving mats.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Leoneth.8762

Leoneth.8762

I wonder — will the prices of precursors rise or fall with the April 15th update?

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Artasqweroldy.7458

Artasqweroldy.7458

I think they might drop slightly in value… T6 mats aswell…

Humans aren´t real

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Stampede.5308

Stampede.5308

I can’t farm enough money to keep up the price the precursor i want to buy. On monday, spark was at 628g/680g. Now is 840g/962g. Nonsense.
T6 mats are rising too… That’s not so legendary.
Feature patch will not fix this problem and as well, will not fix other problems of this game (RNG, same build for every class, Ranger and engineer un-playable in pve, more use for commander and account bound, new skills, new maps, new dungeons).
Quite disappointed, wildstar and teso are coming. The new WoW pack is coming. Diablo 3 expansion is already out. And gw2 is offering nothing of what we need.
4.2k hours of game, 2 legendaries, need only precursor for the third, never drop anything with more valuable than 3g outside of the key farming. If i need to farm kittening Keys to keep up with current prices, well, it’s a little sad…

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Not the best place to tell people that:
1.5k Hours, 5k Achiv Points, WvW ranked 30 and dungeons yet to complete explorable mode.

2 Precursors Drops, 1 Dusk at Fractals last boss Jade Maw, and last week, 1 The Lover on Straits of Devastation.

• hides in a hole before ANet farms my loot tables *
I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You could always craft one of the cheaper legendarys with 100g precursors or less, like Rodgort. :o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

I got mine from the consolation chest given to those who got dc’d during the Karka event finale. Yep, ArenaNet literally mailed me the keys to my legendary. Have never flung anything into the mystic toilet, and with the exception of eventually crafting Bolt, I never will!

*Precursor Rage*

Doggie.3184

4322 playtime, found 1 precursor a year ago from Karka chest, sold it for 100g, and bought Spark for 150g.
Last LS I found Energizer from random drop. probably 150% MF or so at the time.

I’ve used the Mystic Toilet every now and then like once in a blue moon with 4 rare GS and thats pretty much it. I’d rather save money while waiting for a totally random drop to happen and buy a Precursor.
Although there’s literally only 1 good Thief Legendary, which is the Incinerator that I have already.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: beastie.4536

beastie.4536

played 3.6khours, 12kAP been playing since beta I do daily fractal(49) lots dungeon runs and I never see precursor drop in this game. I’m just glad i was never interested in legendary weapons from day one, never have to go through this painful process you guys have to go through but remember this:

GW2 DOES NOT REWARD PLAYER FOR THEIR HARD WORK!!! IT’S ALL RNG!!!

Mike O’Brien: "We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

Many players will find this topic uneccesary, irrelevant, or a threat to your income because you make a kitten ton selling precursors you are lucky enough to forge but I don’t care. I have been playing GW2 since early access (I was in beta too, but that doesn’t count) and I have forged 1000s of weapons, done countless dungeons, WvW, and events without a single precursor drop.

I feel like my account has a hex on it, some quirk in the coding that prevents nice things from being added to my loot table and I’m tired of it. It’s time to end the nonsensical RNG where legendary precursors are concerned.

You are not alone. I haven’t gotten any pre drop since launch. But hey, it’s a lottery and I have never been lucky with lottery. Except that in this game, Anet could have removed the lottery part…

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

*Precursor Rage*

Doggie.3184

played 3.6khours, 12kAP been playing since beta I do daily fractal(49) lots dungeon runs and I never see precursor drop in this game. I’m just glad i was never interested in legendary weapons from day one, never have to go through this painful process you guys have to go through but remember this:

GW2 DOES NOT REWARD PLAYER FOR THEIR HARD WORK!!! IT’S ALL RNG!!!

Honestly that’s the biggest thing to keep in mind. Effort is totally meaningless.
The only guaranteed way to get anything is just farming gold and hording items to sell when they’re high and playing TP adventures. Any Effort towards something RNG is 100% waste of time. You’ll get something when the game wants you to have it. Or rather when the RNG God losses his attention for too long and accidentally lets an item slip through to you.

With the Jetpack Skin, and Sclerite Weapons I farmed 9,384,293,834 hours for one and never got them. By end of that last one after thousands and thousands of crates I pretty much vowed to never put effort towards anything like that ever again. When the LS with Jade Dragon came I did exactly that and didn’t in the slightest attempt to bother with it and ended up getting a claim ticket when I randomly opened one of the containers I got while logging in just to do Daily. Effort is pointless VS RNG. ;/

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: MAD CAT.9321

MAD CAT.9321

Yeah they had better change the way we get precursors otherwise Anet will lose customers to other MMOs out there that have far better rewards.

*Precursor Rage*

Aidenwolf.5964

Yeah they had better change the way we get precursors otherwise Anet will lose customers to other MMOs out there that have far better rewards.

The precursor situation is only the most glaring of the flaws with this game’s loot system. Since precursors are only a part of the 1200+ gold a legendary weapon costs to create. This game if played well, and hard (without the TP), pays 12g a day for your efforts. 3 months of mindless dungeon runs every day.

When I open champ bags I get greens and blues. I have never had an ascended drop which is stupid since the loot tables are based on exos being the top gear. Once ascended was introduced those blues and greens should’ve become yellows and exos. There are far too many vocal apologists for what is IMO the worst loot ever in a “AAA” mmo.

PugLife SoloQ

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I just sure hope the idea of crafting a pre-cursor was not dropped. I was looking forward to how it was implemented.

Edit: Looks like it has not been scraped just postponed for good reason.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/gw2-precursor-recipe-scavanger-hunt-news/first#post3780700

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

(edited by anzenketh.3759)

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Nearly 5,000 hours, 110k kills in WvW, and countless kills in PvE, I’ve yet to have a precursor drop for me. I’ve done very little toying with the Forge. I have 2 legendaries and t3 across all 12 of my alts because I grind, and occasionally buy gems. I don’t feel that the precursors are really out of line at all, and I don’t play the TP or make money from them in any way. The Gift of Fortune alone costs more than any precursor you’re planning on buying, and I just see it as another wealth check. Owning a legendary isn’t something that people who don’t like grinding can obtain, and any scavenger hunt for a precursor won’t depreciate the value of the current ones.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: MAD CAT.9321

MAD CAT.9321

When I open champ bags I get greens and blues. I have never had an ascended drop which is stupid since the loot tables are based on exos being the top gear. Once ascended was introduced those blues and greens should’ve become yellows and exos. There are far too many vocal apologists for what is IMO the worst loot ever in a “AAA” mmo.

I couldn’t have said it better

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Got another precursor, # 7 (3 forge, 4 drop)

http://i.imgur.com/rPbZR29.jpg

Remember, you just need to farm lots and lots of mobs to have lots and lots of chances.

I farm as much as you do, and probably as often. I did zone completion of Mt Maelstrom on my guard last night because I was bored, and funny thing was I actually got two exotics in the zone completion chest. Level 71 exotics, but hey… got a couple of gold for one and three dark matter and some ecto from the other. Yes, RNG will be RNG, that said I still don’t have any precursors to my name, and I’ve been playing since beta.

Yes, we realise your RNG is good, but there’s no need to keep rubbing our noses in it. This has already turned into a griefing thread, and you’re just poisoning it even more.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Actually, it was probably a griefing thread from the start. Although I dont understand why people consistently use the mystic forge over and over week in and week out thinking their luck will change if it’s that bad. There are probably a couple people who dumped enough money into the forge to outright buy 2 legendaries already. Admit you have a gambling problem and just save the money you’d throw in the toilet and buy the precursor.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Kell.9365

Kell.9365

What ever happened to being satisfied with what you have? I gave up on legendaries long ago. I’m satisfied just trying to craft ascendeds, they’re hard enough for me.

*Precursor Rage*

Aidenwolf.5964

Actually, it was probably a griefing thread from the start. Although I dont understand why people consistently use the mystic forge over and over week in and week out thinking their luck will change if it’s that bad. There are probably a couple people who dumped enough money into the forge to outright buy 2 legendaries already. Admit you have a gambling problem and just save the money you’d throw in the toilet and buy the precursor.

Actually no, I have a gamer problem. You see I play MMOs in the following way:

1. If I want something, I go and get it. (I don’t pay someone else for getting lucky.)
2. I earn what I get myself, I don’t shortcut. (So I will never convert gems to gold.)

Guild Wars 2 is not like other MMOs I’m as aware of that as anyone but never call this game free to play because it isn’t. I’ve spent more on this game than a sub MMO to this point. I’ve dropped so many items in the forge because I’ve never had a drop in game and those are the only ways to get a precursor. Again, I will never buy one.

I play gw2 and have done so since launch but this isn’t my first and won’t be my last game. So since I may have more experience than most of you with MMOs (I’m not a college student and haven’t been for quite some time). Let me just say this when you tell enough people to leave if they don’t like the game, you’re eventually the last one playing a dead game. I’ve seen it before (SWTOR and SWG and I’m looking at you).

PugLife SoloQ

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

Just for my info..why is having a legendary so important? Is it just the achievement? Is it the changeable stats? The looks?
As for the upper reasons, speaking for myself:
Achievement: I couldn’t care less
Changeable stats: Great…since it most of the time players choose to have assassin or berserker..and does it really hit that much harder then ascended/exotic?
Looks: I have greenies with better looks then the legendaries..but thats a matter of taste

So again..why is this so important?

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

Just for my info..why is having a legendary so important? Is it just the achievement? Is it the changeable stats? The looks?
Changeable stats: Great…since it most of the time players choose to have assassin or berserker..and does it really hit that much harder then ascended/exotic?
Looks: I have greenies with better looks then the legendaries..but thats a matter of taste

human achievement is always relative to what others have acheived, also known as “bragging rights”

If everyone had a legendary, nobody would be making one. I reckon only 1% of the playerbase has a legendary, and that’s why people find it so important to have one, it’s the prestige, it’s the exclusivity.

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

human achievement is always relative to what others have acheived, also known as “bragging rights”

If everyone had a legendary, nobody would be making one. I reckon only 1% of the playerbase has a legendary, and that’s why people find it so important to have one, it’s the prestige, it’s the exclusivity.

I guess that 1% playerbase is in my guild…LOL

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

*Precursor Rage*

Pie Flavor.1647

I guess that 1% playerbase is in my guild…LOL

1% of 2 million players is around 20,000 players.

does your guild have 20,000 players?

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I am actually wanna ask the same question, what is the needs for a legendary. I know I was lucky and i got a precursor, but so what? I don’t give a rat kitten for legendary since day one. I am fine whether i made a legendary or not, i may be lucky so i got the chance to kick off my legendary journey but i am perfectly fine if i never got the chance.

The game provided multiple ways to obtain precursor, well, to me, any of the existing method is not worthy of the time we invested. It is designed so someone get luck with loot, they can either make a legendary or sell for wealth. Someone get a lot of gold to spend, they can mystic toilet to get, it is gambling, a huge gold sink for someone who got plenty of time to play. You can buy off from TP, for someone whose not gambling type and got hardcore game time.

If i didn’t get a loot, i tell you, i can never make a legendery, EVER. For the time i’ve been playing GW2, the gold i’ve gain, i am never ever able to buy off a precursor from TP. I can never ever think of using the mystic toilet to flush a precursor out, i cannot afford the risk. Think about how many players actually not able to even try mystic toilet, nor buy off from TP, and no luck? There are many players actually wasted their gold in toilet and refuse to buy one off TP, it is some kind of joke.

Yes, for someone played thousands of hours, they deserved a precursor either from loot or from TP. For those wasted thousands of gold with no luck, however, should blame themselves for even gamble in the first place.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

In my guild there are 3 people with Eternity. I myself have 3 legendaries and working on the 4th. About 10-20% of our guild has a legendary. If we do guild missions it’s all full of legendaries. They aren’t really rare…

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

*Precursor Rage*

Pie Flavor.1647

In my guild there are 3 people with Eternity. I myself have 3 legendaries and working on the 4th. About 10-20% of our guild has a legendary. If we do guild missions it’s all full of legendaries. They aren’t really rare…

well, your sample size seems incredibly biased to be honest

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Possible, we are one of the biggest guilds in one of the highest populated servers (Gandara). Still, I see a lot of legendary dual wielding guys in the main hubs, there is always 2-5 folks in LA (atm Vigil Keep) with legendaries, doesn’t matter which time I am there.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Possible, we are one of the biggest guilds in one of the highest populated servers (Gandara). Still, I see a lot of legendary dual wielding guys in the main hubs, there is always 2-5 folks in LA (atm Vigil Keep) with legendaries, doesn’t matter which time I am there.

I have to agree, they are not as rare as they might seem, and getting less so by the day.
(which is not a bad thing. Legendaries are useful. What the game needs is rare SKINS. for the people that want to be unique. )

*Precursor Rage*

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

((dons the well-worn philosophical hat))

For me it’s not about achievement as much as it is about the goal I set myself and I want to see through to completion. However, like aidenwolf, I refuse flat-out to ever buy my way to getting something that should be earned. I’ve talked about this in other topics in the crafting forum threads, but seriously I’m fed up with this game’s stupid RNG.

On a personal note, something I did learn along the way…. if you do ever start out on a legendary crafting expedition, always have the precursor first. If you somehow manage to luck out and grab a pre from wherever (to me the TP isn’t a way of obtaining a pre) then I can confidently say that the battle is half-over. I don’t care how much money you have to throw at materials, recipes, icy runestones, etc. they’re easily obtainable through farming in the appropriate areas. No more than the minimum has to be spent in obtaining those ‘easy’ items. The pre is the biggest hurdle. As many people will say, there’s nothing special about owning a legendary anymore — so many people have them. Indeed, I agree with this sentiment, and it goes right against Anet’s philosophy of what a legendary was supposed to be about from the beginning (but then, Anet were never much good at converting words into actions). Take as much time as you need to craft it but always start with the pre in your bank.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Got another precursor, # 7 (3 forge, 4 drop)

http://i.imgur.com/rPbZR29.jpg

Remember, you just need to farm lots and lots of mobs to have lots and lots of chances.

I farm as much as you do, and probably as often. I did zone completion of Mt Maelstrom on my guard last night because I was bored, and funny thing was I actually got two exotics in the zone completion chest. Level 71 exotics, but hey… got a couple of gold for one and three dark matter and some ecto from the other. Yes, RNG will be RNG, that said I still don’t have any precursors to my name, and I’ve been playing since beta.

Yes, we realise your RNG is good, but there’s no need to keep rubbing our noses in it. This has already turned into a griefing thread, and you’re just poisoning it even more.

I don’t think anyone farms as much as me. In fact, before I released my guide a week ago, I only knew of half a dozen players who are regulars farming the events I do in all three servers

I really don’t care if you think I’m poisoning this thread, as that is not my intent, but I guess you wouldn’t mind having people here join in on the ‘my account is cursed’ train while conveniently ignoring the people who were lucky.

RNG is RNG. You don’t get it, tough luck. You get it, grats.

*Precursor Rage*

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Can you explain then why people’s accounts are seemingly cursed, and other’s, seemingly blessed? Farm as much as you like, I don’t care, you clearly don’t farm on the same server as I do. People get lucky, yes… and for some reason, they get a lot luckier than others. Not just once.

I get named exo’s from the forge, and that’s as far as it goes. I’ll occasionally get an exo drop (not like the reward chest I mentioned earlier), but that’s as far as it goes. Like I mentioned in my last post which you seem to have glossed over, this is possibly the most stupid RNG mechanic I’ve ever seen in any game. Brutally simplistic retorts don’t help anyone, and are far from productive.

*Precursor Rage*

Vol.7601

Can you explain then why people’s accounts are seemingly cursed, and other’s, seemingly blessed? Farm as much as you like, I don’t care, you clearly don’t farm on the same server as I do. People get lucky, yes… and for some reason, they get a lot luckier than others. Not just once.

I get named exo’s from the forge, and that’s as far as it goes. I’ll occasionally get an exo drop (not like the reward chest I mentioned earlier), but that’s as far as it goes. Like I mentioned in my last post which you seem to have glossed over, this is possibly the most stupid RNG mechanic I’ve ever seen in any game. Brutally simplistic retorts don’t help anyone, and are far from productive.

Why are people cursed? Again, they are not ‘cursed’, they’re just victims to RNG. There really isn’t much to explain about it and you’re making a big deal out of something so simple.

It also doesn’t help that these same people who seemingly spend thousands of hours in game yet haven’t got anything are doing the wrong types of content to get a good chance at more rolls.

Quiz time for you – who do you think has a better chance at getting a precursor?
-A player who spends 3000 hours in WvW
-A player who spends 3000 hours in dungeons
-A player who spends 3000 hours farming open world, high density mobs

And yes, anyone can farm events in one server, like the dozens of people who farmed events like shelt/pen in the old days, to angaria farm today.

But not many people even considered the thought of guesting and completing these events on multiple servers, which increased the # of mobs they killed and the # of loot rolls…until my guide was released.

In fact, the metrics show that at least 80 people have downloaded the metaevent timer, and at least 8 people are using it right at this moment. Before, there were only 424 downloads (499 now) and 2 active users.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

The reason why some of us have rage about the subject is due to the early attitudes and mistakes about the precursors.

There’s a history here of allowing people who were lucky enough (where the game was bugged enough) to receive not one but multiple precursors to sell for enormous prices in the TP, thus creating an economy that was already out of balance by the time that they added DR, and enhanced RNG making it even more difficult for anyone else to actually receive the most basic of needs for progression. This included of course the nerf to Karma.

Imo they basically broke their own economy and then wondered why people including new players didn’t like the game once they reached level 80 (due to the overall cost of getting even decent gear) they created a group of haves and have nots by both not listening to their playerbase early on when we were trying to warn them of a problem with the loot system, and by not fixing the Island event loot situation where some people walked off with huge amounts of gold in 1 day.

That’s the only outrage I’ve read other than people wanting to get a legendary.

I personally as an Engineer never wanted one until they made it so that we could personalize our kits, I just saw what was happening to the economy and was helpless to stop it.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I just got my first precursor drop today (playing since early access, more hours than I care to know :P).

It was Venom. -_-

Ah well, I suppose at least now I can say I’ve had one drop for me. :P

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Man I bet psychologists are getting a kick outta this….

Devona’s Rest

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I’ve been playing for 6 months. In that frame of time, I’ve gotten 3 precursors. 2 of which dropped within 2 months of each other.
The Energizer, The Hunter, Leaf Of Kudzu

However, I’ve also spent a ton in the gem store. Like.. A looot, way more than I care to say publically. So, it may be RND… It also may be that if you spend a lot in TP your chances will increase significantly. My Magic Find is only 140% and I get a non-stop flow of rare and exotic drops, not in a guild with magic find buffs or anything.

I suspect there’s more to your conspiracy than you think… my son has like almost no magic find, has spent parts of his salary in the store regularly and gets t-6 drops very frequently… like obscenely frequently… almost every drop in Orr.

I have spent no RL money in the store, have 126% MF, and my drop rates are abysmal (materials… although I do get a steady stream of greens).

*Precursor Rage*

Vol.7601

Maybe your son knows how to efficiently tag mobs and you don’t…

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

After over 3k hours i finally got a pre, tooth of frostfang, off a random mob drop in fractals. My wife got lucky in the forge as well. So it does happen.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

Anyone suggested a precursor automatically at every 10k achievement points? At that point, it’s fair to conclude a player has done enough to warrant a precursor. Based on the latest Leaderboards, that means the highest achievers would just have gotten their second, and be at least another four months to their third. It would lower prices, but wouldn’t necessarily severely increase Legendaries in the game (don’t forget all the freakin’ mats required).

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/achievements

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Because RNG is RNG? I really don’t think you understand how statistics and chance work.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

*Precursor Rage*

munkiman.3068

Anyone suggested a precursor automatically at every 10k achievement points? At that point, it’s fair to conclude a player has done enough to warrant a precursor. Based on the latest Leaderboards, that means the highest achievers would just have gotten their second, and be at least another four months to their third. It would lower prices, but wouldn’t necessarily severely increase Legendaries in the game (don’t forget all the freakin’ mats required).

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/achievements

Oddly enough, i got Tooth of Frostfang the day i dinged 10k…

*Precursor Rage*

SonOfJacob.7396

Right, but if it was a reward at 10k, you’d have gotten 2…unless they simply removed the RNG portion.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Because RNG is RNG? I really don’t think you understand how statistics and chance work.

Actually you don’t understand how RNG works. Mathematically randomness is never completely random. If you believe otherwise it’s you who need to return to statistics class and learn what the greats have already discovered, there’s always a slant one way or another.

I continued to see reports of this happening after they revamped the magic find system, and supposedly found the 9 month long bug in their loot system. They haven’t fixed it in the least and in fact promise to make things worse with some of their updates if they don’t act soon enough when this launches this month.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

*Precursor Rage*

munkiman.3068

Right, but if it was a reward at 10k, you’d have gotten 2…unless they simply removed the RNG portion.

Right. This is actually one of the best suggestions for pre-c earning. Not just because i hit 10k already, but because it does take a lot of effort to get to 10k, far more then any scavenger hunt they could dream up and actually implement.

*Precursor Rage*

SonOfJacob.7396

Right. This is actually one of the best suggestions for pre-c earning. Not just because i hit 10k already, but because it does take a lot of effort to get to 10k, far more then any scavenger hunt they could dream up and actually implement.

Yup. That’s what I was thinking. I mean, I’m at 12k+ right now. I’d have ONE precursor. And it totally could be RNG which one I got. Then I could sell it and buy the one I wanted.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Actually you don’t understand how RNG works. Mathematically randomness is never completely random. If you believe otherwise it’s you who need to return to statistics class and learn what the greats have already discovered, there’s always a slant one way or another.

I continued to see reports of this happening after they revamped the magic find system, and supposedly found the 9 month long bug in their loot system. They haven’t fixed it in the least and in fact promise to make things worse with some of their updates if they don’t act soon enough when this launches this month.

True randomness is a figment of the imagination. RNG is RNG. Bugs are another thing, but I must not read the right forums cause I don’t know of anything to that point.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

“Random” means “unable to be predicted” (a definition that is becoming less and less applicable as we expand our knowledge of science and thus can predict things).

Loot is not random, it is dropped from a table with set probabilities. How those probabilities are controlled is through a bit of software known as a “random number generator”, which is an algorithm that seeks to imitate randomness while keeping overall drop rates within the defined probability margins. Everything about getting loot is formulaic, thus not random. That being said, the idea that some accounts are flagged to get more drops makes for a good consolation story to ease your jealousy when you hear about someone else’s fortunate drop, it would be a business practice that quickly lead to the collapse of the game once news of it got out (which it would).

Server: Devona’s Rest