Shared Inventory Slot Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

I’ve bought one slot(700gems) and i find this too overpriced, if this have been 1800 gems for 20 slots (a bag) i would have bought it.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Since gw2 release I spent over 400€ only on gw2, even more money since gw1. For me yesterday’s update was like a hit in the face. Actually now most of the money and thousand’s of ingame gold I spent changed into a total useless waste.

So as soon as I saw the patch notes yesterday I wrote (a friendly!) support ticket (ticket number 2047273), asking for a refund. I couldn’t add a screenshot so basically I wrote the following list and asked if it is possible to refund them or at least partial refund some of the items.

- 4x Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic
- 1x Royal Terrace Pass
- 5x Molten Alliance Mining Pick
- 12x Consortium Harvesting Sickle
- 1x Thresher-Sickle 5000
- 5x Chop-It-All Logging Axe
- 20x Watchwork Mining Pick

I don’t get it, are you insane? Why the hell are you buying 20 Watchwork Mining picks etc? And why is no one asking in this thread about this? You act as if it is totally normal. Then you complain about 2800 gems. I don’t understand…

It is too expensive, yes, but it’s also a big QoL improvement. I am not sure if I just wait for a discount. I spent quite a lot of money to GW2 but 35€ only for 5 slots is very steep. It’s almost the price of the expansion…

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

(edited by ProtoGunner.4953)

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Since gw2 release I spent over 400€ only on gw2, even more money since gw1. For me yesterday’s update was like a hit in the face. Actually now most of the money and thousand’s of ingame gold I spent changed into a total useless waste.

So as soon as I saw the patch notes yesterday I wrote (a friendly!) support ticket (ticket number 2047273), asking for a refund. I couldn’t add a screenshot so basically I wrote the following list and asked if it is possible to refund them or at least partial refund some of the items.

- 1x Royal Terrace Pass

I don’t get it, are you insane? Why the hell are you buying 20 Watchwork Mining picks etc? And why is no one asking in this thread about this? You act as if it is totally normal. Then you complain about 2800 gems. I don’t understand…

It is too expensive, yes, but it’s also a big QoL improvement. I am not sure if I just wait for a discount. I spent quite a lot of money to GW2 but 35€ only for 5 slots is very steep. It’s almost the price of the expansion…

Well, lets assume he has 20 characters.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Alright so I haven’t read all the posted in this merged topic. But I notice a lot of discussion about the prize. So I googled a bit and found these (and a lot more):

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Add-5-slot-Account-Shared-inv-bags

“Five slots, make it a gem store item, even an expensive one. I’d buy it.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Create-a-Special-Account-8-Slot-Bag

“and id pay 2000gems for such a thing whilst i never spent any gems at all for some bank acess things”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Character-bag-slots-1

“I would pay 3 times the price of a regular bag extension to get an account bound bag extension.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Make-bag-slot-upgrades-account-wide

“I’m simply voicing my opinion that I WOULD DEFINITELY 100% WITHOUT A DOUBT BUY extra inventory slots if they were account wide and cost the same or slightly higher than buying another character slot (currently $10 I believe).”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/A-Bag-Slot-that-all-Characters-can-use

“I would easily pay ~2000 gems for this feature, maybe 600 gems per character or something similar (price of a new bank tab), and on top of that Id spend a lot more for all the stuff i can now easily use on all my characters.”

“Think of all the people, like myself, who would be willing to throw down $100+ just to buy all the bags at once for all their alts.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Account-shared-Bags-1/first

“These shared bag slots would cost ~600-800 Gems.”

Seems like people have been asking for this a lot (there are a lot more posts about this but I can’t possibly link them all :P) And even though there are people who said they wouldn’t pay as much, there were people happily telling the forum that they’d pay a lot for them. So I suppose I can see where their price indication came from….

Personally I’ll wait till they’re on sale.. or at least I will ‘casually’ get the gold together to buy a slot. And I’ll probably start saving for the 2 remaining harvesting tools I need.

I think you misunderstood the people you’re quoting. All those posts are talking about an account bound bag, meaning 20 inventory slots, for the price we’re now being charged for 1-5 slots.

It’s hardly surprising if people considered 800 – 2000 gems expensive but reasonable for 20 shared slots that they’re angry at being charged 2800 gems for just 5 slots.

If this was 2,800 gems for a shared bag then I’d have bought it yesterday with cash. But 2,800 gems for 5 slots means I’m going to save up my gold to get it later on, and Anet will not get any money from it at all, which I assume is not what they really wanted.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

All ascended items, even if equipped on another character, should be available to be used by another character without having to:

1. Go to a bank
2. Take armor/weapons/trinkets off one character and put into bank
3. Log off character
4. Log onto character 2
5. Go to bank and equip the ascended armor/weapons/trinkets.

There should be an ascended items (and legendary, I suppose) tab each character can access (like the wardrobe tab). Done and done.

Posted by: aarias.4016

aarias.4016

For people like me who have salvage-o-matics for each of their characters, is there any chance we should have the cost of our salvage-o-matics refunded when we purchase account-wide inventory slots? The inventory slots kinda make multiple salvage-o-matics a waste.

Danikat.8537

Refund update:

According to my support ticket you have to have owned a duplicate item (in my case a mining pick) for less than 6 months to get a refund.

I don’t know what the exact cut-off point is, but I bought a 2nd one at the start of August and I’ve just been told that was too long ago.

Posted by: Rikimaru.7890

Rikimaru.7890

A lot of people at first thought it’s an additional bag slot which now works account wide when bought. I instantly knew something isn’t right because you could only have 3 additional bags not 5. So I read the description carefully and deducted what it is.
It works like this – whatever you put in such a slot all your characters will have access to it from their inventory. So if you put Revival Orbs and Instant Repair Canisters you can use them on any character without the need to move them into your account bank.
Well most of you probably know that by now but what items are best for them?
Well obviously items that have infinite uses and I will tell which are probably the most useful and which are not:

Very useful:

- Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic – what a surprise eh? If you own only 1 of them like me you can now make it so all your characters can use it without moving it through the bank. If you have 1 of each class that makes 9 and if you wanted to buy a Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic for each for convenience it would cost you 800×9 gems which is 7200 gems. However if you buy one of these slots for 700 gems and put the Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic in it then all 9 have access to it and it only costs you 1500 gems rather than 7200.

- Permanent Bank Access Contract – if you have one of these then after putting it into one of these slots you can exchange items between characters wherever they may be.
This includes any other items I will mention here. Really its like turning 1 of these slots into many so its obviously a good idea if you have one of these.

Semi-useful:

- Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic – its mostly a good idea if you don’t have the Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic but obvously since Silver-Fed only appears occasionally while Copper-Fed you can buy always then that’s not the case. This only is useful if you are expecting to get so many Rare and Exotic items that you will not be able to fit them in your inventory. Like doing CF all day long. But even if thats the case then you are probably holding it in that characters inventory anyway.
And using it to salvage fine and masterwork items is a waste. Well you may have higher chance at getting higher tier materials but that can be a problem sometimes as Gossamer is worth less than Silk. Also you will still mostly get lower tier and a single Mithril ore is not worth much more than the cost of the salvage.
But if you bought 5 of these slots then obviously you can put this thing in one of them.

- Permanent Black Lion Merchant Contract – this is only useful if you really want to get rid of junk whenever you want to. Materials you can sell on TP or send it to the bank wherever you are. But really I doubt you can get so much junk items during a single Fractal run or Dungeon path. And you can go to a merchant right after before doing the next. If you are doing things like CF however there are merchants in these areas too who you can sell junk.

- Not really useful:

- Infinite Gathering Tools – contrary to what a lot of people think it’s not much use at all. Because you still have to unequip the tools on 1 character and then re-equip on another. Having the tools in these slots will not make them work – I checked to confirm. So this is no more convenient than using the bank unless you are really too lazy to use a WP to return to a city.

- Mawdrey II and other items that consume ascended materials or currencies – they have limited uses per day. So using them on more than 1 character is pointless.
Also even if you can’t throw more materials into the bank you may end up using it anyway as on 1 charcter you will have like 30 portions of dust while on another 40 so you still have to use the bank to reach the 50+. While those that consume currencies have absolutely no point as currencies are account wide so it’s not like 1 of your charcters has more than the other.

- Permanent Trading Post Express Contract – I have no idea why would anyone want this. This would only be useful if you need some consumables like for TT and you forgot to buy in advance so you need a TP to pick it up – well thats just your own stupidity if thats the case. Same with wanting to pick up your gold wherever you are – seriously are you afraid it will vanish if you wait too long?

- Infinite Continue Coin – I heard people consider this. I mean rewards are per account not per character. Even if SAB returns you won’t have time to do all worlds more than once a day especially if you do Tribulation mode too. And your character class has no influence on your performance in SAB.

- Permanent Hair Stylist Contract – I heard this one too. This is probably the stupidest of them all. For real how often do you change your hair style? Even more so when in an explorable area or Dungeon?

- Infinite Tonics – unless you really like a form and use it as much as possible while in town there is no reason to use them on more than 1 character. Here your class has also no influence if you use them for costume brawl. So this may only be useful if you favor a certain form and wish to be ready to brawl any moment.

Conclusion is there is really no need for more than 5 of these slots. I have no idea what people are so angry about it is very useful but only if you use it wisely. It only is uselss if you use it for stupidities. Or perhaps you are angry because you already bought a lot of Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic’s.

EDIT: Ok so some people are pointing out things like Captain’s Airship Pass. Well I’ll just make a short explanation concerning usefulness. Getting into the Airship or Royal Terrance is only convenient because everything you need is stacked in one place.
But you will only use these things when you are not busy. You are not going to use Mystic Forge or craft anything in middle of a run. Yeah if you have 4 or 5 chars each with 2 different maxed crafting skills it’s convenient. However moving the pass through the bank will not waste you so much time. And it’s not much more convenient than just entering WvW or just going to LA to do it. Same goes for Gathering tools if you forget to move them from one character to another it will annoy you of course. But when you are gathering materials around the world you can take a break any time.
On the other hand a Salvage kit is something you need almost all the time. If you use more than one character to do daily Dungeon and Fractal runs you need salvage kits on each of them. And if you join a team and suddenly realise you don’t have a salvage kit on you because you forgot to buy or transfer from one character to another then you are in trouble. However having a Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic in one of these slots solves the problem permanently. You no longet have to worry you will forget to transfer it before joining a team. No you can always salvage now.

(edited by Rikimaru.7890)

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

Consider this sale: A player may purchase one copper fed salvage machine for 1500 gems and unlock it in wardrobe to claim free copies to all account characters at will.

I think this would have been good sale already but instead they gave even more (1 slot for all toons, possibility to share any other QoL item at will, etc.)

Posted by: Metasynaptic.1093

Metasynaptic.1093

For those of us that don’t have 3000g to drop on a permanent bank access contract, just put that pile of bank access consumables that you have been hoarding.

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

The only way this makes any sense is to re-release the Permanent Bank Access Contract. Buy one slot, put the Contract in it and voila.

Even though you have the slots, you have to remember to unequip the perma harvesting tools from one character if you want it available for another.

Combined with the perma bank, you would have unfettered access to anything you want. You can leave ALL food in your bank, all boosts, all salvaging items. It’s like having a crap ton more bag slots.

But without the perma bank…bleh

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

So, just to clarify…you’re saying it is 1 FREEKING SLOT for 1 ITEM? For $8+? I can’t even encapsulate in words how much of a rip off that is Anet. The armor is already expensive, the keys are literally legally-distinct gambling, & you’ve put most of the rewards that should be in the game for goals into the store & at the same time you’ve made posts asking us how to fix RNG. Really? Is the continuing issue of rewards not extremely obvious?

I couldn’t have been happier with the value & quality of GW1 when it came out. Anet was amazing, I literally bought items I didn’t want just to support the company. Now It’s the most expensive MMO I’ve ever played. easily. For me to get access to the same quantity & quality of content & rewards I got in other sub MMOs, I would have to spend thousands of dollars per year in GW2 or play for more hours there are in the day with the sole purpose of maximizing gold generation.

You’ve misunderstood what you’re paying for. As Cyninja.2954 said, it’s a convenience multiplier item: for 700 gems, it extends the value of any account bound item you already have. If that’s not convenient for you, don’t get the item.

For me, it’s a great deal — I was expecting to pay 1,000 gems for something like this.

That’s some hard-core rationalization. You act like labeling something a “convenience multiplier item” allows for infinite valuation. If you need to convince yourself that you spent your money well, that’s fine, but don’t treat other people like idiots because they ascribe a reasonable value to a service.

I’m perfectly happy with the 5 shared slots I have. You are free to not get any slot, that is the power of choice.

What you, or anyone else asking for 250 gems pricing do not account for is the economic effect this addition has for arenanet. This “1” slot is infact a minimum of 5 slots, since all your 5 characters have access to it. It gets exponentially more valuable the more characters you have.

Now it also has another effect, it actually reduces the amount of gems arenanet can expect to generate from MOST of their conveniance items. See all those people who are, in my opinion rightfully, asking for refunds or compensation for multiple salvage-o-matics, harveting tools, etc.? Yeah, that is gems arenanet will not be generating in the future (aka no one needs multiple of those any more).

If you are not interested in the shared slot at this price, that is perfectly fine. In that case, you were never the target group anyway. The target group is people who spend money on gems (or vast amounts of gold) and allowing them an increased ease of use of other conveniance items.

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Infinite Gathering Tools – contrary to what a lot of people think its not much use at all. Because you still have to unequip the tools on 1 character and the re-equip on another. Having the tools in these slots will not make them work – I checked to confirm. So this is no more convenient than using the bank unless you are really too lazy to use a WP to return to a city.

No need to WP to a city. You can go to your borderlands in WvW or to the guild hall where you also have bank access and from there you can go back to the map from where you came.

Conclusion is there is really no need for more than 5 of these slots. I have no idea what people are so angry about it is very useful but only if you use it wisely. It only is uselss if you use it for stpidities. Or perhaps you are angry because you already bought a lot of Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic’s.

Your conclusion is flawed.

Thanks to A-Net we have also: Exalted Keys, Pact Crowbars, Vials of Chak Acid, Machetes and a lot of other items/map currency/consumables/gear that a character should have in inventory when he is in the maps. And that above are only a few items from HoT. There are a lot more of this kind of items for other maps, WvW, etc.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Also very useful for who has it: Tarrktun Personal Delivery Portal.

Not immediately apparent, but this “pocket merchant” has a tab where you can sell anything, which is a great help in keeping your inventory clean of junk.

Posted by: Greyhart.3724

Greyhart.3724

I would say that one of the better uses would be with keys and other consumable items of that ilk. That would take it over 5 items.

I have not opened the bandits chest in my home instance in ages because of the hassle of distribution. Given that I will use the home instance to do the gathering daily or a chunk of that.

Buying 5 of them I think works out at 560 gems each, with 2000 gems costing about £16.

Of course I am waiting for the market to settle down before doing anything.

Yes they are expensive, but in line with other items.

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

Refund update:

According to my support ticket you have to have owned a duplicate item (in my case a mining pick) for less than 6 months to get a refund.

I don’t know what the exact cut-off point is, but I bought a 2nd one at the start of August and I’ve just been told that was too long ago.

This is just ridiculous. The items are effectively worthless now, so what are you left to do with them? Destroy them or let them gather dust in the bank in hopes that something happens in the future?

This will surely entice me to spend money on the game, when a sale I make – granted, for convenience, but paid with hard money – can be made obsolete with a future update. When does the ANet/NCSoft management realize that short term maximum profit policies don’t make for good long term sustainability with happy customers.

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

You’re absolutely correct. I looked at things and immediately saw no reason to buy more than one slot. I followed the same reasoning you did and saw nothing that really warranted it.

Of course, if I had a perma bank or perma TP, sure, but the prices of those have always been so prohibitive for such a small gain, considering we can TP for a couple of silver to Rata Sum and have everything on hand.

Nah, one slot is good. It means every single character of mine now no longer needs to have a couple salvage kits in their inventory. Now if only we could share the perma foraging tools…

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

According to answers posted, only if they weren’t bought too long ago. ‘Too long’ being subjective. Give it a try, I know I will since I bought a second one when HoT came out.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Personally, I find the price and number of slots about what I would expect, and I got the set of five. I then also purchased my first (and only) Copper Fed salvage kit, because it now finally felt worth having.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: SharkBall.5829

SharkBall.5829

Can you use crowbars, etc directly from the shared inventory or do you have to drag them to a char’s inventory before clicking on the airship debris?

Danikat.8537

Refund update:

This is just ridiculous. The items are effectively worthless now, so what are you left to do with them? Destroy them or let them gather dust in the bank in hopes that something happens in the future?

This will surely entice me to spend money on the game, when a sale I make – granted, for convenience, but paid with hard money – can be made obsolete with a future update. When does the ANet/NCSoft management realize that short term maximum profit policies don’t make for good long term sustainability with happy customers.

Those certainly seem to be my choices.

I don’t know which I’ll go for honestly. Deleting something I paid real money for sounds like a waste of money, but so does leaving it in the bank.

Posted by: Yol.1685

Yol.1685

I’ve been looking forward to having shared inventory available for my characters (14 so far) for some time, but when I saw the price I was disappointed. 2800 gems for a bag slot would have been reasonable, in my opinion, but for just five item slots it’s too much. At least half of my characters have a set of permanent tools, and even with what’s just been made available in the gem store I don’t regret getting those because I got the tool sets to match the characters. However, I understand why some players who bought multiple passes, salvage-o-matics, tools etc are getting angry for being denied refunds.
If it was 2800 gems for a shared bag slot I would get one, and a copper-fed, and I’d start looking at getting boosters and black lion salvage kits as well, but as it is it’s too much for too little, even as a quality of life purchase.

Manasa Devi.7958

Can you use crowbars, etc directly from the shared inventory or do you have to drag them to a char’s inventory before clicking on the airship debris?

I haven’t tried crowbars in particular, but everything I did try worked just fine.

Posted by: Gurni.1925

Gurni.1925

700 Gems for one slot???
I´ve spent over 300 € on my GW2 Account…..Anet became too gready…
I do appreciate you have listenened to the community. However, this looks more like a punch to our faces. No more buying gems and no more supporting Anet…
You just have +1 unpleased customer ….

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Or option C – keep using them. They still work so if there aren’t any refunds forthcoming then just keep using them. Only a complete idiot would destroy them.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

- 1x Royal Terrace Pass

:) currently 30 character^^

And I don’t think there is anything strange, I think I bought rather few compared with a lot of other people. Well, you have to remember that it was anets gemshop policy for over 3.5 years that gemshop items won’t be changed to something useless. Whenever anet changed something big in the gemshop they always gave at least some kind of refund or exchange. Remember cloth towns refund, wardrobe refunds, wrong calculated shop price refunds, harvesting tools soulbound refund, copied costume refund, etc.
Even for the pvp boosters they gave proper time to use them and SAB is still not off the table so that coin still has a value according to anet.

Of course here are some smart people that knew something like this would come. But I didn’t and I especially didn’t expect something like this after over 3.5 years. If there would have been any indication, well of course I would have bought only one of these items.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Danikat.8537

Or option C – keep using them. They still work so if there aren’t any refunds forthcoming then just keep using them. Only a complete idiot would destroy them.

The problem is they’re redundant now.

In my case I have 2 infinite mining picks. One stays with my main character, the other stays in the bank so I can log into whichever character is in a city (or I can send to a city easily) to mine the nodes in my home instance. Sometimes it gets used by alts when they’re out in the world too.

Now I can just keep the 1 infinite mining pick in a shared slot, and I don’t need the second one at all.

It’s the same for people who have 2+ infinite salvage kits. Sure they could keep using them all, but when they do exactly the same thing and 1 can be used by all your characters why would you use others at all?

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Also people calling Anet greedy for something not forced and that makes a player spend less money for an higher value service is plain ridiculous to me. The only complain that i have is that you have to necessarily have bought something with an high gem price before making a good use of it, so i would have liked it to cost less or have the ability to “boundle” it with gem store items.

Also, for those who are asking refunds for items already bought multiple times: you have my sympathy and i hope Anet will manage something for you, but i hardly doubt you will get one. Simply because you don’ t have the right to do so. If something is broken or is not deemed fitting then there can be refund rights, but if something becomes outdated ( which is not the exact case, but is similar enough ) you still have benefited of that thing for a long time, and you decided to invest your income into that. No one forced you to do so and no one admitted that there would not be a way to share items for your characters ( and actually that already existed for a long time ), that was your choice weighted by you.

I remember the good ol’ times when A-Net made dye account-bound without players having to pay for a “shared dye slot” and also additionally, players that bought und unlocked the same dye for several alts before it was account bound got some compensation. Most players where totally happy with that change.

Is A-Net to greedy to do a similar thing now? Sadly it seems so.

Manasa Devi.7958

Now it also has another effect, it actually reduces the amount of gems arenanet can expect to generate from MOST of their conveniance items. See all those people who are, in my opinion rightfully, asking for refunds or compensation for multiple salvage-o-matics, harveting tools, etc.? Yeah, that is gems arenanet will not be generating in the future (aka no one needs multiple of those any more).

In my case, these new slots actually caused me to finally buy a salvage-o-matic. I never felt it was convenient enough to own a single one considering how often I cycle through playing different characters, and buying them in double-digit numbers was crazily expensive.

Posted by: Pittcrew.6592

Pittcrew.6592

Worst value I’ve seen. Its also really restrictive…only five slots? Why not just a new bag slot for 1000 gems…you would have sold tons…silly greed without thinking.

Here’s the reality of this:

I don’t want to personally attack you, but I want to make things clear to people. They thought long and hard about the prices, and picked a good one for what is offered. You now only need 1 of each item that would usually cost 500-1000 gems per item per character. This is a HUGE deal for people who want those items, and that’s what this is aimed for, in it’s current form. I do hope that they add more slots at a lower price that cant hold these high-price items, but until then, this price is incredibly generous of them, considering how many sales they WILL lose out on now that they have reduced the need for a lot of the duplicate sales in the Gem Store.

Why would disagreeing with my opinion be personally attacking me? You have a right to your opinion just as I have a right to mine. I don’t think its a good value and you do, you don’t have to make it into something its not. You even admit you believe it is aimed at high cost items meaning whales, which was the point of my picture. In my opinion this addition is aimed at people that have more money than sense…I guess you see this differently. You post your feedback and I’ll post mine…in the future leave your passive aggressive attacking out of it.

I said I didn’t want to attack you directly because I was worried you would think it was an attack when all I wanted to do was clarify. I wasn’t really stating that I was about to start an attack, but that it could be seen as it.

As for it being aimed at whales, personally I think it’s actually more aimed at moderate players, because it’s something that means you have to only get these high-price things once, rather than 5-9+ times as before this update. I think having to buy these things to many times was way more of a money whale invoker than this is now, because it WILL cut sales on many other items. I believe this was smart though, because GW2 has so many Account-shared/bound items that it’s only reasonable to be able to use them across all characters. I think they will not only see a boost in the Shared Inventory Slot sales, but also those high-price/high-utility permanent items, meaning a larger majority of the players will buy it, while fewer players need to buy huge amounts of them. That is the definition of an anti-whale system (if it had a proper definition). I think how they did it is a very fair approach to more moderate players, not for casuals, not for elitists, but for people in between (or elitists, but they are restricted, especially in money-spending, for now).

Quick little example. A player might have spent 1200g and 4000 gems per character to get permanent bank access and harvest tools/salvage bots. If they had just 9 characters that would be 10,800g and 36000 gems. In current gem → gold ratios, which is inflated, it would be ~122000 gems, equal to $1523. That’s what I call greedy and ridiculous. With this sale, whales can still do that, but now you don’t need to for most items ,you can get the stuff, minus perm bank slot, for ~$45 plus $35 for slots to share it. WAY more reasonable, and it really does discourage not benefit whales.

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

The introduction of the shared slots seems to show a little nearsightedness to me. Yes people have been asking for this for a long time so it is great that this feature has been added, but in the meantime a lot of people also resigned themselves to it not happening and so bought multiple gemstore items that thy otherwise would not have.

Their frustration and desire for a refund is understandable. I am surprised that there was no announcement prior to this arriving, doubly so that there is no form of compensation whatsoever for those who have bought so many gems on the items whose value would be considered differently.

With each new account upgrade to arrive in the gemstore it appears that there is no long-term planning for features that will be added and how they will work together.

Having said that, whilst people are already annoyed, how about adding upgrades to make our harvesting tool slots shared across the account?

ProtoGunner.4953

5 Slots are really needed, especially since we all need the map specific keys of HOT, SW and Dry Top.

‘would of been’ —> wrong

Danikat.8537

Try contacting Support.

They might refund them, but apparently it’s dependant on how long ago you bought them.

Posted by: Pittcrew.6592

Pittcrew.6592

Alright so I haven’t read all the posted in this merged topic. But I notice a lot of discussion about the prize. So I googled a bit and found these (and a lot more):

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Add-5-slot-Account-Shared-inv-bags

“Five slots, make it a gem store item, even an expensive one. I’d buy it.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Create-a-Special-Account-8-Slot-Bag

“and id pay 2000gems for such a thing whilst i never spent any gems at all for some bank acess things”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Character-bag-slots-1

“I would pay 3 times the price of a regular bag extension to get an account bound bag extension.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Make-bag-slot-upgrades-account-wide

“I’m simply voicing my opinion that I WOULD DEFINITELY 100% WITHOUT A DOUBT BUY extra inventory slots if they were account wide and cost the same or slightly higher than buying another character slot (currently $10 I believe).”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/A-Bag-Slot-that-all-Characters-can-use

“I would easily pay ~2000 gems for this feature, maybe 600 gems per character or something similar (price of a new bank tab), and on top of that Id spend a lot more for all the stuff i can now easily use on all my characters.”

“Think of all the people, like myself, who would be willing to throw down $100+ just to buy all the bags at once for all their alts.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Account-shared-Bags-1/first

“These shared bag slots would cost ~600-800 Gems.”

Seems like people have been asking for this a lot (there are a lot more posts about this but I can’t possibly link them all :P) And even though there are people who said they wouldn’t pay as much, there were people happily telling the forum that they’d pay a lot for them. So I suppose I can see where their price indication came from….

Personally I’ll wait till they’re on sale.. or at least I will ‘casually’ get the gold together to buy a slot. And I’ll probably start saving for the 2 remaining harvesting tools I need.

I think you misunderstood the people you’re quoting. All those posts are talking about an account bound bag, meaning 20 inventory slots, for the price we’re now being charged for 1-5 slots.

It’s hardly surprising if people considered 800 – 2000 gems expensive but reasonable for 20 shared slots that they’re angry at being charged 2800 gems for just 5 slots.

If this was 2,800 gems for a shared bag then I’d have bought it yesterday with cash. But 2,800 gems for 5 slots means I’m going to save up my gold to get it later on, and Anet will not get any money from it at all, which I assume is not what they really wanted.

The last quoted person here is actually my own thread, and while it may not represent everyone, it is closer to what they’ve done. I suggested the bag slot be ~600-800 gems, but not the bag. The bag would be made in-game and only be 2/4 or 5-10 slots, depending on what it could hold. So I personally was never asking for 20 slots for so cheap. There would need to be restrictions, I think, on the slots in order for ANet to still be able to make a profit for their losses.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

The problem is they’re redundant now.

In my case I have 2 infinite mining picks. One stays with my main character, the other stays in the bank so I can log into whichever character is in a city (or I can send to a city easily) to mine the nodes in my home instance. Sometimes it gets used by alts when they’re out in the world too.

Now I can just keep the 1 infinite mining pick in a shared slot, and I don’t need the second one at all.

It’s the same for people who have 2+ infinite salvage kits. Sure they could keep using them all, but when they do exactly the same thing and 1 can be used by all your characters why would you use others at all?

And I can empathise with that problem, especially the salvage things, but why would anyone destroy something like these when they still work? The tools at least can just sit in their slots and still have a use without being in the way or fiddling around with them.

I don’t want to make any waves here but it just seems a little extreme.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

Buying 5 of them I think works out at 560 gems each, with 2000 gems costing about £16.

Not at official gem prices, where 2000 gems would be ~£21. Where are you getting your gems?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Copper and Silver Fed are absolutely 2 I’d go with. Of course, I use them all the freaking time. (Silver for anything yellow+, lvl 68+ of course)

Bank Access (either perm, or consumable stack if we can stick the whole stack in the slot) would be handy too. (Probably going to be one of my preferences)

Merchant access would come in handy for wvw (especially for me, running around eotm) since its not always convenient to just pop back to one.

If you don’t have bank access items, its also a slick way to pass something to or from a character that you don’t particularly want to move (say, from the end of a pain in the kitten jumping puzzle).

Hmm….now maybe I should by some of these…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

for hardcore grinders its cheap. in last december, with free-time i was making 100g per day, i buyed many gem stuff with gold. im farming to full bank/mats yet.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I have a lot of mining tools, and salvage o matics. Mostly from a time when they were still SOULBOUND. At the time when they were made ACCOUNT bound the Devs had a time of leniency to allow ppl to get their salvage-o-matics/mining tools reimbursed. I aquired about this myself and decided against it. SO I got account bound salvage tools for the price thgy were originally released (800 gems as opposed to the 1000 now)

While poepl can say well they are now completely useless I’ll be honest yes they have become fairly easily to share now, I do not know if you can USE them from the shared slot (if so I’d consider this extremely nice and a HUGE QoL for all those with only 1 set)

But I’ll be honest I never swapped my mining tools on my main(s) I have everything I need on my alts I have a copper fed/char and I normally used normal mining tools as I am STILL too lazy to swap ‘m. It’s alos the reason I just bought 1 slot, and just put in my perma bank. If I need stuff it’s there.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Well…I honestly never thought Anet would do it, but they did.

And now I am laughing my kitten off at the outrage. And, kitten it, I’m out of popcorn!!

cough

Anyway…
So on one hand, I was sort of right that they wouldn’t do account shared bag slots (granted, this could still change). Makes for too much convenience imo. Didn’t think about them doing just single item slots…and limited to only 5 at that. It’s an interesting trade off. I can’t say I’m displeased by it. Having actually put a tiny bit of thought into the possibilities this morning, I’ll probably buy myself the max 5.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

ProtoGunner.4953

- 1x Royal Terrace Pass

:) currently 30 character^^

And I don’t think there is anything strange, I think I bought rather few compared with a lot of other people. Well, you have to remember that it was anets gemshop policy for over 3.5 years that gemshop items won’t be changed to something useless. Whenever anet changed something big in the gemshop they always gave at least some kind of refund or exchange. Remember cloth towns refund, wardrobe refunds, wrong calculated shop price refunds, harvesting tools soulbound refund, copied costume refund, etc.
Even for the pvp boosters they gave proper time to use them and SAB is still not off the table so that coin still has a value according to anet.

Of course here are some smart people that knew something like this would come. But I didn’t and I especially didn’t expect something like this after over 3.5 years. If there would have been any indication, well of course I would have bought only one of these items.

Sorry my harsh words from before, but what I don’t get; they are account bound? Or are you switching so often that even a short visit @the bank was it worth to shed out some 50k gems? I know at the beginning they were character bound, but they refunded it after they went account bound (also they increased cost form 800 gems to 1k)

‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Refund update:

Thank you for the update but that is still ridiculous: most mining pick & recyclomatic I have are more than 6 months old.

That refund is unacceptable.

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Concerning the idea that it’s just as easy to go to the bank to switch out permanent harvesting tools.

Switching involves: unequpping tools, loading screen, running to bank, placing tools in bank, logging out to character select, coming back into game, loading screen, running to bank, taking items out of bank, equipping, loading screen back to map

Versus

Clicking on 3 items in your inventory, logging out to character select, getting back in game, clicking on 3 items in your inventory.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

You forget some very important items in your list.

- Captain’s Airship Pass (permanent) and
- Royal Terrace Pass (Permanent)
- Cities Portal Scrolls

All those those allow you to either teleport to a city or to the Airship/Royal Terrasse for easy access to Bank, Crafting Station, Vendor, etc. For 3 of those you also have access to the mystic forge.

- Mystic Forge Conduit

That give you permanent access to the mystic forge. Nice to use at your bank or crafting station so you don’t have to move all the time for the mystic forge and bank to your bank.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

Since the past few weeks I’ve been busy IRL so haven’t been playing but I was looking forward to what’s to come in 2016. And then I find this.

700 gems for 1 inventory slot that’s shared on your account… This is the reason I never spend money on microtransactions in games. The people that come up with pricings for these things are just the embodiment of greed. It’s good that people can at least choose to use gold but it seems my decision not to purchase gems when I got the game 3 years ago is still applicable now. It’s great that they finally implement a much requested feature but once again the marketing/publishing department show’s it’s true face. It’s sad as the game itself is alot of fun.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Price is not too far out for the QoL improvement. I’ll probably buy one and a copper-fed salvager to go in it. Shame the slots will not work too well with permanent harvesting tools.

And for those with deep pockets: One slot @ 700 gems plus a permanent bank access thing @ 3000 gems gives you a whole bank’s-worth of instant shared slots. They should do a diamond studded one for 10 times the price.

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I think it’s underpriced really. You only need one copper salvage o matic and 1 silver fed salvage o matic per account now. All those extras I bought are now useless but I still love this. I hope it gets expanded a few more slots allowed.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s anything in your inventory that’s not soulbound. I bought 5 and put my copper fed, permanent bank access and 3 permanent harvesting tools in them. They are now shared across all my chars. Even my chars harvesting flax way out in the middle of nowhere have all of these items now.

why would you not just buy one and put the perma bank there, and then just transfer everything else via bank? lol

I thought of that. But as noted before it’s a convenience item. I had already bought the gems previously with gold and was willing to spend them on this convenience item as it was worth it for me, especially since 5 is discounted from 700 gems each to 560.

If I was buying them with real life money I probably would have only bought the one. But since I was buying them with ingame gold I wasn’t that price sensitive, since using gold that the game gives me for playing to buy something means it’s essentially free.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Marxx.5021

Marxx.5021

I rather spend 700 gems for a shared inventory slot than another outfit. However I also think there should be some form of compensation for no longer required acount bound items. It should not be a refund but maybe a selection of other trading post items to choose from. After all the trading post is a good way to support anet. The company should value customers who show its support and dedication to the game by using the gem shop.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’m perfectly happy with the 5 shared slots I have.

As an aside, thanks for supporting the game.

I’ll be waiting for the first sale on these slots, but for those early adopters, good on ya.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632