Glider Suggestions? Share Them Here!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Maybe we could see order specific ones that are earnable in game like the backpacks

This! I would love to have ones for Orders. Or.maybe even a pact one. Race ones would be good too, and not just playable race ones.

Dragon themed ones maybe?

Sorry if I’ve repeated anything others have already said.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

It would be cool to see some of the wing-like backpacks (like light of Dwayna, butterfly wings) transform into a glider based on their look.

Or how about race-based gliders (steam-punk gyro-copter wings for charr, iron-man like repulsor rocket wings for asura, big fan leaves for sylvari, animal skins for norn etc…)

Posted by: terminatorkobold.6031

terminatorkobold.6031

How about an ability to take someone with you on your glider. Would be nice to help a friend getting around in HoT maps.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Broomstick and Carpet, right! Also some have asked for an invisible glider so we can just fly. I’ve seen interesting suggestions to have the wings have a fold-in animation when not gliding, though I’d want that to be a toggle so those who want them spread while standing on terra firma can do so.

The gleaming golden wings datamined are a must-have for me.

Maybe something could be done with farolitos/luminarias (the candles in bags in Santa Fe for Christmas — they do use them to lift balsa wood frames up in the sky to burn into sparks … hmm … sounds dangerous for gliding).

I’m trying to think of non-wing options, much though I like wings. I don’t even mean just feathered ones; the wing shape of gliders, kites, and airplanes convinces me of lift far more than random sparkles ever could. I’m sure you need things that animate separately from the body and don’t interfere with armor, so a wingsuit would be hard. Maybe something that billows in curves from wrist, ankle, and waist attachments?

My brainstorm is more of a brainfizzle just now, I fear.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

This isn’t really a glider suggestion but I (and others I’ve talked to) would really like to see a matching backpack skin for the Valentine’s Day wings!

Rehashing some previous ideas, but there’s a good amount of call for ‘merging’ some backpack and glider skins:
*Holographic wings gliders
*Spinal blade jetpacks gliders
*Lovely wings backpack

Any chance of having ‘surfing wings,’ where toy items become a glider skin for characters to ride on? Broom and magic carpet, notably.

We could also use some Tengu wings. Attached to playable Tengu characters~ Buuut, I think that’s a little beyond the scope of what you’re asking, Gaile. :P

Perhaps some items panned around the various professions?
Scrapper glider: Two flying drones pop out on the sides with cords attached to the character’s back.
Berserker glider: Flaming wings!
Reaper glider: Chilly wings~
etc.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Incognito.3529

Incognito.3529

Dreamthistle glider.
Tesla like glider.

I also want to see Glint wings as a glider/back skin, but I think they already on the table.

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

jet packs with flames. too many wings. need more variety

Different skins based on guild, order, pact, etc.

I like both of these ideas very much. A version of the original jetpack that lets you fly with some flame or exhaust, and maybe a slimmed down version that can be dyed(which would look FANTASTIC on my Steam-Punk Iron Man…:) )

Thanks for taking our thoughts and ideas, Gaile!

Attachments:

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Flame wings!

Also, converting the existing butterfly wings and molten jetpack would be pretty neat.

Would like the chance to earn some in game as well. I liked earning the woolly glider, but it still required the gem store to start it.

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Stone dwarf Blimp please!

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

as just a Blimp desgined around the Ancient stone dwarfs.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Thunderwings: Glider that has Bolt effects and is made of pure lightning at the wings.

Pink Mighty: Pink wings made of steel.

Green Hawk Wings: Like the hawkwings but with electro lime or enameled longevity dye in place of the brown.

Posted by: Silver Arrow.5726

Silver Arrow.5726

I wouldn’t mind seeing some improvements to gliders as being rewards

Specialization glider
-Have it be mid point of the difficulty to get a specialization weapon. Introduce these as a reward with the next expansion with the new specializations that are introduced

Guild Glider (Recipe unlocked at guild level 40)
-50 Guild fireworks
-10 Elonian leather squares
-10 Tenebrous Crystal /Shimmering Crystals
-25 Guild commendations

Event rewards
-Watchwork Glider as a reward for Queens Jubilee
-Make it a bit harder than the ugly wintersday gift one but no where near the wintersday shoulders.
-Skeletal Glider
-Rare chance from Trick-or-treat bags

Gem store gliders
-Cute quaggans
-Shiny feathers
-Cool effects

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

I made a thread like this sometimes back, so just gonna toss up what I suggested back there, down here:

What if each Elite Specialization could unlock their very own Glider skin somehow? Like a collection of sorts.

As following:

Dragonhunter: Wings of Resolve
Fly on the wings of Love and Righteous Fury, teaching all those Mordrem the important lessons of peace, understanding and (very) aggressive foreign exploitation politics.

Druid: Wyvern Flight
Trusty Wyvern spreads his wings and takes you on a ride through the skies. Scratchmarks, bitemarks and any for of damage to apparel or clothing not covered by the warranty. Malnourished specimen are prone to breaking up mid-flight.

Scrapper: Gyrocopter
Because whenever you run out of Endurance you get to shout “Black Hawk down! Black Hawk Down!” Humming “Flight of the Valkyries” is optional. Screaming it at the top of your lungs is highly encouraged.

Herald: Wings of the Dragon
Dragon’s got your back. LITERALLY!

Tempest: Furious Winds
Today’s weather forecast is windy with a great risk for Awesome. Mordrem and other dragon critters are suggested to stay indoors.

Daredevil: Assassin’s Kite
It’s like the movie about Flying Kites, just involving more action, fighting, daring stunts and definite death from above! … Actually, it’s nothing at all like the movie.

Daredevil ALTERNATE: Cape
Not the Hero Tyria deserves, but the one it… Wait, wrong hero. Wrong company, even. Man, I screwed this one up pretty bad…

Reaper: Reaper’s Flight
Clad yourself in the Reaper’s robes and soar the night skies. Noone defies death. Unless it’s you, and the kind of Death is by gravity. But you kinda ARE Death so… perks of the job? Let’s go with that.

Chronomancer: Illusionary Wings
Maybe it’s a mind trick and you’re actually down on the ground all along? Maybe you’re suspending yourself in air through manipulating time and space? Maybe it’s Maybelline.

Berserker: An angry stare at the Ground
Gravity simply fears the implications of simultaneously making you angry and propelling you towards the earth at terminal velocity, so it let’s you stay afloat until you’ve found that perfect spot for a vacation home. And it Better!

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

Posted by: Risensoul Shockwave.1564

Risensoul Shockwave.1564

Love all of these ideas..great work! Still think some stuff should eventually be grandfathered in like the watchwork backpeices we made. They were so expensive and big enough so should have a version that we can turn into a glider like the backpeice the same way we did with the white and black wings by talking to the scout. Any other expensive ones should be grandfathered in too. Their special.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Also, a guild glider.

Love TheSwede’s ideas though

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

jet packs with flames. too many wings. need more variety

My wallet is ready! And my engi waiting for this!!

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

Posted by: Blue Hare.8612

Blue Hare.8612

On the functionality part, I would like to be able to dive with my glider. Now if I want to lose altitude I have to turn off the glider and open it again later, sure it works but it feels weird. No idea how that could be implemented tho, might need another key, since forward and back are for lean techniques.

{Lepus Timidus}

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

OpLickem did an awesome drawing of Glider-tron!
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Share-Your-Glider-Suggestions-merged/first#post5955286

a golem glider skin would be perfect.
Glide-r-tron! Following quotes when activated:
“This-model-will-not-drop-you”
“Hang-on!”
“Let’s fly!”
“Whee!”
“Have-a-safe-landing”

Posted by: Mlw.5462

Mlw.5462

I would like to see a Super glider skin when SAB returns. Also Glider variants of existing Black Lion weapon sets would be interesting to see in my opinion. Some particularly interesting sets I would like to see have gliders skins:

• Black Lion Glider Skins
    * Chaos
    * Fused
    * Dreamthistle
    * Aetherized
    * Phoenix
    * Tormented
    * Scientific
    * Shadow

I’m afraid that ship has sailed though for any past Black lion Weapon sets, but maybe for future sets?

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Da Vinci Glider

Definitely one I would get for sure!

All the gliders should be available as solo or along with a backpack. The only reason I don’t have the Soul River glider is that it was in a package with a bunch of stuff I did not need or want for a price I did not want to pay. I have the rest of the gliders so breaking that out out of the package would be a plus.

Posted by: Virtus Draco.8936

Virtus Draco.8936

Glider skin wishlist:

Butterfly wings, Dragonfly wings, Glitter wing that emits rainbow trails.. and Paper airplane.

Posted by: LyonTheCat.6857

LyonTheCat.6857

I like when the glider and back piece were a set, not just the glider, so my character used the same back either walker or gliding.
I would like to see the wings from the various dragons in the game.
Perhaps wings like the white and black ones but that you could color yourself, bright blue, yellow etc… that would look great and enable everyone to have something that you could match to any outfit. Again I would love a back piece for this one as well.
Possibly dragonfly type or butterfly type?. Maybe make the spinal blade back piece a glider? or for something cute, a chicken back pack that would also become a glider when needed, with the appropriate clucking sounds.

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

Glider skins that aren’t bought from the gemstore.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’d like to see something metal, perhaps a derivative of Archangel from XMen in his metal wing phase.

Attachments:

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Black Bat wings/glider.

Black and other colored Demon wings/glider.

Various Dragon wings/gliders based off of the current dragons in game.

Bladed armor style wings/glider.

Metallic style wings/glider.

Wings/gliders based off of the 3 orders and legendary gear and our professions and elite specializations and elements and various sources of magic and deities and everything… ok?

We need more black and “serious” looking “stuff”, for real Gaile. Also, some of us are running with super computers and we would like to see some dark and darker color schemes on our characters.

If we cannot dye wings and gliders and back pieces and weapons, at very least create different base color choices for these items so we can have a bit more matching.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Last month, I gave the suggestion of no glider. Hear me out, without a glider skin it gives the illusion you’re actually flying. Some people would gladly prefer no glider skin than a fancy illuminated one.

Original Post:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Invisible-Glider/first#post5896105

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

This isn’t a glider request, but it is gliding function related…

PLEASE, allow the Snow Owl transformation (from the Ghost Owl Feather karma item) to jump! That form can glide, and it looks pretty cool when it does so, but there are so many places where you need a jump to start gliding and as an owl you can’t do it.

Actually, maybe we can run with that idea and get some gliders or items that transform you when gliding. Or at least some other bird transformations that also allow gliding (and jumping).

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Alexander Thorsen.3147

Alexander Thorsen.3147

I would love it if once you master all 6 levels of the Glider you should have thrusters on the outter tips of the glider to thrust you vertical when you want to go up instead of just jumping off a clif. Just a thought

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

This might sound really…really funny, but hear me out.

There is no glider, instead the player’s character has their arms out while gliding and making a ‘whooosing’ sound.

When they hit an updraft, their arms rapidly flap up and down and they sound distressed perhaps.

When they do a speed-boost forward, they intensify their ‘whoooosish’ sound they make from their mouth.

You can be creative with the stealth dodge, but that’s all I want.

Thanks!

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

Race cultural glider skins.

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

While we’re at it, I want one that looks like an Ornithopter!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

A cloud of particles above the player, like the Queen Bee particles only larger. Or it can be actual items like flowers that move around inside the cloud. Or maybe a large, translucent glowing bird above the player.

Toymakers Tixx’s Golem Airship. The player is suspended underneath by wires.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

This might sound really…really funny, but hear me out.

There is no glider, instead the player’s character has their arms out while gliding and making a ‘whooosing’ sound.

When they hit an updraft, their arms rapidly flap up and down and they sound distressed perhaps.

When they do a speed-boost forward, they intensify their ‘whoooosish’ sound they make from their mouth.

You can be creative with the stealth dodge, but that’s all I want.

Thanks!

That’s an extension of the invisible glider idea, sounds great

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

SAB super glider would pretty much be the best thing ever and would accompany my weapon sets and finisher quite nicely.

gotta be dyeable in the typical colors — sky blue, lime green, banana yellow, blood red, royal purple!

make it an achievement and not a gem store thing and it would be about 1 gazillion times more awesome too.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Denise.8145

Denise.8145

-parachute
-broomstick
-flying carpet
-a big leaf for sylvari
-wings of dwayna expanding
-blade backpack transforming to helicopter roto blades
-feary backpack expanding wings
-dragonfly wings
-the holographic shatterer and dragon backpack as glider + tequatl wings
-wings that we can add colour to like the normal glider

Posted by: Kyraler.8234

Kyraler.8234

How about a really bad*ss customizable Skin (with colors and all) as a legendary you have to learn a new specialization for – like “Legendary Glider Mechanic/Artisan”? And with each step you come closer to the end of the new specializiation the more customizable the glider gets (eg. a blank white glider at first, second step with color, next step to choose fabric like if its feather/leather/wool/metal…)….

Posted by: Fundor.2098

Fundor.2098

I too am a big fan of getting the flying broom and the magic carpet as gliding skins. Also the fiery phoenix glider skin sounds awesome, as well as one based on the Phoenix weapon designs (off topic: a backpiece design of those would be awesome too, as the weapons look amazing but don’t really go well with any already existing backpiece design)

Also a recolored skin of the GW2 HoT glider as black & red, representing the core game, would be awesome, as well as recolored skins of the exalted glider representing the spectrum of the differently colored exalted.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

oh give us an invisible glider…. thatd be cool, it happens as a glitch sometimes anyways and i think hehe im flying

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Racial gliders.

A jet pack based on Asuran technology with flames coming out the exhaust ports. Would also work great as a back skin item.

For Charr: a glider made out of woven fur

For Sylvari: a glider made out of 2 giant leaves

For Norn: a glider made out of snowfla…..oh wait. Uhhhh……a dolyak hide glider? Or maybe something cold themed

For Humans: a Grenth glider…….that randomly turns itself off and can’t be redeployed until you hit the ground.

There’s something charming about rangers.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Posted by: PassionWhisky.3457

PassionWhisky.3457

a Disco Glider looks like a Disco-Ball ;D 80th Baby

PassionWhisky.3457 [BDV] Elona
Pvp and WvW active!

Posted by: Kastiel.1947

Kastiel.1947

Glints wings aka Herald Glider aka Sanctum Scramble model aka Prized Possesions model – please, I mean everything is there already , just make it a glider

Posted by: Naz.6721

Naz.6721

I made a post before but not sure if it was lost so just to make sure here it is again.

Fire Wyvern wing and glider combo, that look like the ones of the pet Jevenile Fire Wyvern, I think they look like dragon wings and they could make your character look awesome. Would be even better if it had a dye channel to change the inner color of the wings, https://i.ytimg.com/vi/HldrWs4gErg/maxresdefault.jpg but even if kept black and red I would be completely content I know that there are bat wings available, but I think that if you do not have a sinister looking character you cant really work with it because of the bones giving it a creepy look, and especially since you cant change the greenish color it has.

Posted by: Robles.7458

Robles.7458

Allow the possibility to disable the glider.
I love it, but sometimes I want to do a jumping puzzle and I don´t want to use it. However, when I jump, it sometimes opens although I don´t want.

Posted by: lavvyan.3971

lavvyan.3971

Sixthing or whatever the butterfly backback into wings plea. As my sylvari keeps saying when she earns a shiny: so pretty!

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I’d love to see the molten jetpack as a ‘glider’ since my Scrapper is using it. Also make gliders earning through meta achievements! It’s far more rewarding than buying them in the gemstore.

Generally, there is no single glider you can get via gameplay.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

An airscrew propeller “glider” would be really awesome.
If it is an holographic propeller, it would be even more awesome.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Del Gato.2409

Del Gato.2409

I’d be very pleased to see…
- animated butterfly wings (combi w/ butterfly wings backpack)
- magic carpet
- riding broom

And it would be great if you can achieve the glider skins by doing certain qu…, ehm, events/collections if you have purchased the backpack/toy in question already.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

http://the-designs.tumblr.com/post/138797892914/this-is-related-to-my-last-gw2-post-about-the-leaf

Go look at this awesome Asura-style glider and then-
Please go hire this person.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Here is a suggestion, how about a glider skin that we can earn in game and not on the gem store.

RP enthusiast

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I want an umbrella glider. So I can totally make a Mary Poppins based character…

Would require some animation rework though, so…probably not an option.

…Though if you could…then you could do kites as glides too…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.