Operation: Union - Bringing Players Together

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: sleepyheadz.3462

sleepyheadz.3462

Wow.. Nice to see that this thread is getting more and more popular nowadays Haven’t had the time to check up on the thread due to all my assignments >.< But on the bright side, its done and I can’t wait to finally be able see you guys in game

Posted by: Glitch.6849

Glitch.6849

Don’t worry Sleepy we’ll be in game soon. I’ve had a lot of work too and so has most of us. However it’s good to see some old faces. Can’t wait to see how it is! I’m sure everyone is doing a great job.

I’ll probably be aon at around 18:00/19:00 GMT.

Posted by: Descasus.4280

Descasus.4280

Name: Julia
Main Character: Sehvi – Engineer
Current Server: Yak’s Bend
Interested Activities: Helping with dungeons and mapping as well as farming.
Active: Generally on most of the time.
Additional Comments: In a guild from GW1 and representing but if anyone needs help they can pm. c:

Great thread! It’s nice to see people helping each other.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

can’t quote again, lol

@Bri – that’s awesome! i always end most sessions with a bit of crafting haha. i expect next time i see you online, you’ll be 80! any luck finding your exotic gear?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

We got to all applaud bri tomorrow when she reaches 80!

Ah Glitch … Hate to disappoint but I’m a bloke … !

Yep sorry, this was me misleading everyone into thinking Bri was a woman – my bad!

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Tarnished Coast altaholic here. Playing all 8 classes. Just Humans and Norns though. Have started and deleted too many Asura, Charr and Celery Stalks to count…just can’t get too far outa primate norm, I guess.

Furly Longshanks / Ranger / Human
Raf Longshanks / Guardian / Norn
Freya Longshanks / Engineer / Norn
Regatta LeStrythe / Warrior / Human
Shai Vulfspawn / Necro / Norn
Mystria Selawyll / Mesmer / Human
Tevis Loch / Thief / Human
Bellae Donnah / Elementalist / Human

I’m usually on a few nights during the workweek. More on weekends. My toons range from levels 2 to level 78. Always have trouble deciding what class I want to play, lol. Always willing to help out.

Usually found soloing across Tyria.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

(edited by Raf.1078)

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

Name: Jia Shen
Main Character: Don’t have a main exactly
Current Server: Fort Aspenwood
Interested Activities: Primarily everything other than PvP
Active: Evenings and any time on saturday (eastern time)
Additional Comments: I’m mainly looking for dungeon story mode groups. And possibly explore mode groups later if it becomes a problem to find like story mode is currently. And my reason for posting here. I am looking for people to do the story mode of the first two dungeons. The first one asap and the 2nd one probably about a week later.

Are you willing to participate in Operation: UNION’S project, Y/N?: I don’t mind being a part of a 2nd guild to help out where I can. I’m in a small guild of friends from years of gaming and we don’t intend on expanding the guild beyond real life friends. So having another source for activities would be mutually beneficial since I’m one of those who pay it forward help others kind of thing.

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Double posted from above for some reason…

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Glitch.6849

Ahh kitten bri my bad! I must have been predictive text! I was doing all this on my phone. I know you’re one of the fellas really! Honest!

Yea sorry bri I didn’t check my post before I put it up… Still not gonna change it though! Me and Lexy both know how fussy you are about getting the right look on your char.

Glitch.6849

Also note: Good to see some others, ain’t it good to join in the fun?
I see you other viewers, you know you wanna.

Glitch.6849

Also sorry to get 3 posts in a row by me.

For some OBNOXIOUS I’ve been suppressed from mailing. :L
So to the kind people who mailed me I apologise. However if you mail me your account name with numbers I can add you.

Posted by: maxsettings.2834

maxsettings.2834

Name: Kelvin
Main Character: Bukems Mailbox
Current Server: Devona’s Rest
Interested Activities: Looking to have a hub of helpful folks that don’t mind grouping.
Active: (UTC -5) times vary, just know I’m more likely to be on the closer it is to night. Tuesdays and thursdays I get home late at night, but might still get in a session if I’m not too tired.
Additional Comments: I came into this game with the mentality that making friends would be easy because of the cooperative environment that PvE offers. I was wrong in my expectations, and it took a while for me to realize that people aren’t just going to start talking. My assumption was that dynamic events would provide a context for people to start talking to each other, but nah, there really isn’t much that has to be coordinated. What that has done is create a situation I’m not used to -- talking for the sake of talking.

Was never good with small talk. Some people are really pro at it, could start a conversation about anything, y’know?

Are you willing to participate in Operation: UNION’S project, Y/N?: Yes, please.

Devona’s Rest [TDD] – [OBS]
Bukems Mailbox

Posted by: Azurite.3824

Azurite.3824

I think this is a great idea. I’ve been trying to find a way to make more friends without joining a second guild.

Name: Azurite (don’t wanna announce my rl name to the world)
Main Character: Azurite Dawn – mesmer
Current Server: Tarnished Coast
Interested Activities: Socializing, Dungeons, PvE (quests, exploring, whatever), WvW
Active: 4-8pm CST on weekdays, varies on the weekends
Additional Comments: I’ll mostly rep my current guild, it’s small but I love it, just pm any time if you need something

Are you willing to participate in Operation: UNION’S project, Y/N?: Yes if it’s ok if I don’t represent much

Azurite Dawn – 80 Human Mesmer – Svanhild – 80 Norn Guardian
Tarnished Coast

Glitch.6849

Yea I agree maxsettings but when you do find em they’re a hella of a bunch!

Azurite It’s find, just represent when your doing things with other fellow members. Aside from that I don’t really mind.

(edited by Glitch.6849)

Lexy.3912

Just to keep you all updated and to fuel my love of screenies (sorry Bri & Loki!) Here’s the fun going on right now in LA Gunnar’s Hold as it turned midnight and we kicked off Pink Day in LA

For those of you who don’t know, Pink Day in LA is about gamers supporting breast cancer awareness by dressing your favourite character all in pink and parading round LA with everyone else on 20th October. So, get your dyes out people and redo your armour for the day in support of a good cause and just because its fun

http://www.pinkday.gamergivingback.com/

Here’s a shot of everyone getting down with their bad selves on the dance floor (mystic forge square!) and Me, Bri, a big pink Norn and a tiny pink Asura watch the fireworks provided by one of the local guilds.

Oh and Bri reached level 80 today – yeah Bri!

Welcome to all our new posters as well. <Waves>

Attachments:

Posted by: Maklin.8795

Maklin.8795

Congrats! Bri on 80!

* Signature…..I don’t need no stinkin signature!

Glitch.6849

Hope everyone is joining in with Pink Day!
Cancer charities are things very close to my heart. It is very appreciated if you gave a donation to these types of charities but most of all help raise awareness!

A very awesome mention to bri for level 80 and was lucky enough to congratulate him when he did hit 80.

Thanks for view and contributions to Union. However…
Today go join in the Pink Day!!!

Posted by: zERO.5904

zERO.5904

Hi Glitch and everyone else. I’m really interested in joining up with this friendly looking group of people you’ve got going.

Name: zERO
Main Character: Dantis Ausinix – Necromancer
Current Server: Piken Square
Interested Activities: PvE (quests, exploring, currently working on 100% map completion), WvW (will be doing more of that once I reach 80)
Active: My timezone is GMT +2 and I’m on some weeknights anytime from 20:00 but mostly active on weekends
Additional Comments: Just looking for a place to have a good time while enjoying the game.
Are you willing to participate in Operation: UNION’S project, Y/N?: Yes, definitely interested

Glitch.6849

Hey zERO great to have you here! (Playing Borderlands 2 I see?) I know there are some Piken Square folks over here. Why not search through to thread and give ’em a whisper?

Good to have you on board will sort out something later as currently doing some schoolwork that I should get back to. :P The good people like you distract me!

Thanks for yours and everyone else s interest in the Project so far!
Go out and join in with Pink Day too!!!

Posted by: zERO.5904

zERO.5904

Lol, haven’t played Borderlands 2 in ages. The only Borderlands I’ve played recently is of the WvW variety

But don’t let me keep you away from your schoolwork

Glitch.6849

I’m trying! Gonna have a break, Saturday’s been full of volunteer work and school work.

I think a break is good then back to work.

Glitch.6849

I have about 1/2 hr left supporting Pink Day!
Thanks to everyone showing their support by sporting pink!

Also thanks to everyone who joined the project so far!
Look forward to seeing more posters! We have a really nice bunch, why not join ’em?

Posted by: kOfNa.6321

kOfNa.6321

Name: kOfNa
Main Character: Islwayn (Guardian)
Current Server: Tarnished Coast
Activities In Order of Interest: Dungeons, WvWvW (Not yet 80 so will prolly have to come later), PvE, Occasional RP, PvP (I’ll try anything once. It might grow on me, but WvWvW appeals more to me from a tactics/teamwork standpoint.)
Active: I can usually get on whenever I’m scheduled a few days in advance. I pop on sporadically otherwise.
Additional Comments: I’m a newb, but I’m a pretty fast learner. I enjoy learning the ins and outs of a game and doing my best at it. That said, I’m pretty laid back. It doesn’t really bother me if someone messes up and I sort of expect the same from others. That might be a bad thing, but I just don’t understand the concept of gamer rage. If I’m too bad for you to enjoy playing with, don’t play with me. If the game frustrates you that much, take a deep breath, turn off the comp and go outside.

Sorry for the short soapbox moment, but I’ve had some weird experiences. I think this is a really awesome idea. It lets people get their feet wet and learn the game without being tied to a super serious guild. Maybe you make friends at the same time!

Are you willing to participate in Operation: UNION’S project, Y/N?: No, you’re all noobs. l2p :’D

(edited by kOfNa.6321)

Glitch.6849

Hey nice to see you kOfNa. L2p noob? Sorry but I am pretty awesome if I say so myself.

Seriously: It’s cool that you’ve taken an interest! All of us are laid back and are just looking for some more folks to chat with and have some fun! Don’t bother being afraid to ask questions!

A stupid question is one not asked.
Expect me to add you then not so subtlely invade your privacy. :P

Posted by: LokiShi.2876

LokiShi.2876

Had some fun for Pink Day in LA. I wasn’t with Bri(eye, had to say it) and Lexy yet, but we caught up later and got them a hard vista.

Attachments:

Jia Shen.4217

Glitch do we mail you in game or on here for the invite?

Glitch.6849

Best to note it down here. I’m only in game Friday and weekends.

Glitch.6849

Haha ! Now the tables have turned I’m the one posting from work
But I’m taking lunch.

Probably be on this evening after some revision then I’ll pop in to help people wanting invites.

Hey bri happy with your new rank?

Jia Shen.4217

Ok cool I’ll be too hopefully same time.

Glitch.6849

Thanks to everyone joining in the project so far! Hope to see some more posters.
We’re a friendly lot why not join in?

akamon.2769

@Bri – that’s awesome! i always end most sessions with a bit of crafting haha. i expect next time i see you online, you’ll be 80! any luck finding your exotic gear?

Nope …
I’m Looking for lvl 78 exotic kit (lvl 80 seems a waste of gold…), and not much on the TP last evening.

Only interested in getting the stats right, cos I will transmute with starter leatherworking (lvl 1-70) Scout kit! This is the only medium human armour I like right now, easily available and cheap to make.

My plan is to get the medium armour from AC …

grats again Bri!DD and good chatting with ya the other day finally in game. lol.
and funny everyone thought you were a lady. XDDD am sure many are disappointed now ; )) i kid i kid.

and nice! the Scout kit is pretty awesome!! and yea, best part is if it’s just for the skin, it’s mega cheap lol

i need AC runs as well! hopefully i’ll see you on soon and we can run it, maybe with Glitch’s help ; )))

@everyone else – glad to see more people joining! hope to see you all in Tyria soon.

cheers,
alo
(pronounced a. lo) lol

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

akamon.2769

hahaha, can be sure of that! that’s pretty funny. are there any girls that play as male characters? interesting to see that statistic too.

oh, that’s something i didn’t know. do we need to do the specific paths? i figured doing each path would net you tokens, and you can just buy the different gear / weps based on which stats you want, and like you mentioned, i believe 3 sets of stats for each dungeon?

either way though, GRATS! berserker’s is awesome. i can’t afford to do that yet, without some toughness, so i’m running knight’s (still only rares!! need exotics soon haha) and then trying to balance with my jewelry, maybe a mix of valkyrie and berserker’s.. and my runes are more for support. took quite a bit of time researching which runes i wanted, and am STILL unsure but for now, sticking with what i have until i can afford more ; ))

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Lexy.3912

My alt is a male toon, a human thief. I also have a male Charr but I’m not sure about him yet. So yes akamon, girls do play as male toons too

akamon.2769

super kwel! haha that’s awesome. (and what’s wrong with the Charr?? haha)
maybe i need me a female toon too XPP

haha as long as you knwo what you’re getting into! haha. and yea, certain more popular runes can get pretty pricey. i think it’s worth saving up for superior runes though (but of course, depends on if you’re getting the set of 6, as well as what combos you’re going for, and if maybe major rune of the same type would have better 2 pc stats)

haha it’s always good practice to perfect dodging and kiting! those can for sure save your lives more than your gear at times. ; ))

all this talk makes me want to play now. getting off work soooon! lol
and p.s. day off tomorrow! XDDD dungeons map completions here i come haha

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

I like this thread. :)

Name: Falunel (but just call me Fal)
Main Character: Falkra (40 Elementalist)
Current Server: Yak’s Bend
Interested Activities: Socializing, PvE, exploration, fooling around, dungeons when I have the time.
Active: Irregular due to college. Usually late afternoon or very early morning, US Central time.
Additional Comments: I tend not to be good with small talk when it comes to people I don’t know well, but once I get to know you, I can be pretty chatty. I enjoy helping people and answering questions. If I’m on and free, I’ll always be glad to lend a hand with whatever’s going on.

Are you willing to participate in Operation: UNION’S project, Y/N?: Very yes. Though it seems there aren’t that many Yak’s players in this thread. I’ve been thinking of transferring (back) to Tarnished Coast once room clears up.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Glitch.6849

We should organise some AC dungeon event. :P
I know my way around that the most, bit of CM. Nothing about the others, XD

Note: For explore dungeons there are 3 paths for all dungeons. To get maximum returns on tokens and rewards you would ideally would want to run each path if doing multiple runs.

There is a 24hr cycle. If you complete a certain dungeon say AC Path 1 twice in that 24hr cycle then you get hit with the ‘diminishing returns’ where you get a reduced reward that decreases with every completed run after the first completion of a specific path.

It’ll be good to get something together so we can all see everyone at once.

Glitch.6849

Hey good to see you Fal!

Don’t worry, just taking an interest is great!
Just a little advice, just take your time and dip your toes in the water! All the people in Union are genuinely great!

Also note: I am normally active Friday’s and Weekends. You can contact, Lexy, bri, akamon if you want to join Union.

When you do want to jump in Union will welcome you with open arms.

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Update: my ‘guild’ (i.e. banking project) and I have moved to Gunnar’s for WvW (the server pop on Piken left us with <20 people on most of our preferred times).

Also my main character atm is Ein Yarnfear (charr engineer), insofar as I actually have mains at all.

Posted by: Laszlo.9634

Laszlo.9634

Let me just say that this is awesome! It is great to see a community rise up and put the multiplayer back into MMO.

Since it is a german server, I am not suprised to see no players from Riverside here =(

I wish you guys the best and a lot of fun!

Glitch.6849

It’s really fun! I’ve met a really great bunch of people which I would have never met if it wasn’t for Union.

Okay Lamefox hope Gunnar’s will be good to you. You got the greats on that server.

Laszlo yeah, I’ve been trying to get a more diverse group of people, so far it’s concentrated to GH, TC and AG. However why not sign anyway? I’m sure we can get some people on Riverside in time, or maybe you can change that?

In the meantime you get to talk to really cool people while you wait.
It doesn’t hurt to sign up, nothing to loose and everything to gain.

Lexy.3912

Hi Lamefox

Welcome to Gunnar’s Hold – feel free to get in touch with Bri, LokiShi or myself as we are all on GH (not sure if Loki has decided to stay or not yet ).

I know Bri and I don’t wander into the world of WvW at all really, although I’m certainly not opposed to it I’ve just got my hands full with levelling and world/story completion. However if you’re ever looking for PvE company or just a server chat to pass the time we’d be happy to help.

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Levelling is one of the reasons I go there. It’s good after you’ve got at least an elite you like and a few helpful traits, then you can just defend forts and/or operate siege weapons, join zergs, etc. You don’t get much kill xp compared to PvE but there are a lot of events to be had (defence, capping forts/depots/checkpoints, killing dolyaks).

Of course the downside is lots of waypointless running, probably more deaths, and you’ve got to reassess your skills/traits from PvE.

The badges are a bit meh though, unless you’ve got something besides the bandit skins (‘invader’ equipment) you want to spend them on. If nothing else they can save you spending a few silver on siege gear.

Glitch.6849

Hmmm… I haven’t jumped into wvw yet. I haven’t looked at the goodies yet and it’s just not high on my list of interest. Pvp I really enjoy so maybe later.

Glitch.6849

Looks like Mad King is up hope everyone has a good time and enjoys the events!
I won’t be there till Friday. XL

akamon.2769

HAPPY HALLOWEEN IN TYRIA EVERYONE!!!! welcome to all the new folk. has everyone been having a blast?? been on constant sugar highs and puking too much from the candy corn O___________________o lol. reminiscent of real life when i was young.. i kid i kid haha

WvW is really fun! wonder if we’ll ever get pit against one another. ; )))) gold, loot, etc definitely is not as much in WvW but it’s GREAT for karma if you need to farm some! and it’s pretty fun. very different part of the game, and i try to get in for the badges (legendary crafting O__o) as well as the 50 invaders kill for the monthly. haha it’s intimidating at first but you get used to it after a while ; )) try to find a good group to run with!

@Glitch – would definitely love to do some AC runs! i need quite a few of the tokens and i love the look and feel of the dungeon. i can help a bit with CM as well. and maybe some SE or CoE. not SUPER familiar but know the general patterns so to speak. if anyone’s interested, let us know! and maybe we can get something together and put a time together to meet : ))

@Laszlo – the more the better! there is a concentrated handful of servers where most of us are. i’m on Sanctum or Rall, and there MIGHT be one more person from there : )) ideally, we’ll spread across all over Tyria, representation on all servers, all timezones, lol so do join in!! and welcome.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Maklin.8795

…step….step…..step……...…. Maklin reaches for the microphone and clears his throat….." My name is Maklin, and I and an Asuran-Aholic!
I love the lil buggin race. ;-)

So I think I’ve established that I am quiet much to my dismay, but I am ready and willing to group up. I have been a solo’er for so long my “group” muscles have attrafied ! (sp). I am going to be off work from the 31’st through the 6th and I hope to exercise those muscles. So if you are on Tarnished Coast and don’t mind tripping over my Asuran’s please feel free to friend me!

Maklin aka :
Mraap - Thief
Doj - Warrior
Joule -Engineer

(edited by Maklin.8795)

Glitch.6849

Hey folks!

So this evening I went to have a cheeky little peak at how everyone was doing. I opened up the tab… and BAM! I didn’t realise how many people there are!

It’s pretty interesting as when I last checked it was only in the teens.

So my question: Where did all the awesome others come from??!!

Also a BIG thank you to all that are involved and hope there’s more to sign up!
Have you all been spreading the love?

Also had a nice little chat with some people about Union. It’s weird being recognised… I don’t like it. :S

(edited by Glitch.6849)

Posted by: Azurite.3824

Azurite.3824

…step….step…..step……...…. Maklin reaches for the microphone and clears his throat….." My name is Maklin, and I and an Asuran-Aholic!
I love the lil buggin race. ;-)

So I think I’ve established that I am quiet much to my dismay, but I am ready and willing to group up. I have been a solo’er for so long my “group” muscles have attrafied ! (sp). I am going to be off work from the 31’st through the 6th and I hope to exercise those muscles. So if you are on Tarnished Coast and don’t mind tripping over my Asuran’s please feel free to friend me!

Maklin aka :
Mraap - Thief
Doj - Warrior
Joule -Engineer

I’ve added you. I’m on Tarnished Coast as well and by chance will be off work the 31’st through 4 as well.

Azurite Dawn – 80 Human Mesmer – Svanhild – 80 Norn Guardian
Tarnished Coast

Glitch.6849

Yay! Good to see everyone’s making use of this!
Hope we can find some more!!

Maklin.8795

Azurite that is awesome looking forward to both the time off and grouping with you. ;-)
Also I’ve submitted an app for your SIN guild as well.