No way on this, ever.
Waypoints are the way to go.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drannon.8254

Drannon.8254

I would like to see mounts as well.

1) Mounts could have extra bag spaces on them, more space never hurts

2) Waypoints are amazing, yes they allow me to travel instantly, but I don’t have endless gold, and walking from point A to point B can sometimes literally take an hour :P.

3) Adds another level of immersion to the game. I love how the game looks and feels, while running around is good, I’d love to see other players on horses galloping around.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

no! fk mounts. did not have this trash in gw1 and certainly do not want it in gw2.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

Personally Im torn about the idea of mounts. I think on one hand they look cool and a speed boost is always welcome. Im not a massive fan of the waypoint system sometimes as u skip so much content to get there fast or ya walk and it takes ages.

Only thing that bothers me are the people crying that mounts will turn the game into WoW. Like thats an actual arguement. Love it or hate it whatever is your bag, but introducing something wow also has and hating it for that sole reason is kinda stupid. WoW didnt invent mounts in MMO’s, they just went the one step further with how many options there is with them.

Instead of mounts lets have some Asura engineered rollerblades? With rocket packs!

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

No mounts please.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

No mounts please.

u usually find its more constructive to say why rather than just NO!

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: FlawedPower.2183

FlawedPower.2183

okay well now i know not to post on the thread or else i’ll get people bashing me. Thanks for the heads up. apparently the friendly community doesn’t translate to the forums.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scary.8034

Scary.8034

I see that people are arguing about whether or not mount are needed in this game:
They are not, you can travel very fast thanks to the waypoints.

But does that mean they shouldn’t exist ? Not at all

Even though i don’t think we actually need those in this game, I am still in favour of mounts.

Why ?
Simple answer because, mounts are god kitten cool I mean how can you not want a mount ?

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

The problem, as I see it, is terrain and enemies.

There are a lot of areas in the game which would just be mount-unfriendly. Steering around some of them would take longer than going on foot over/through them. (I know mounts can jump, but not as precisely as a person on foot.)

Then, there’s enemies, and our level scaling. A majority of the creatures we pass will be hostile, and many have control effects. Even those without would bring down our horse through sheer damage.

As for WvW: No, No, No. The penalty of having to run back would be gone, and battles would become long, drawn-out affairs where each side remains constantly reinforced, forever.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

It’s not a case of not posting on the forums but it’s just that people keep starting new threads on the same subjects (mounts, raids, bots) over and over again and they get tiresome very quickly because:

1) It suggests that the thread starter could not be bothered to search the forums to see if the topic has already been discussed (merely typing in “mounts” in the search bar above would’ve brought up the merged thread Awesome linked to),

2) It may lead to the suggestion that the thread starter views themselves as “special” in some way in that they demand their point be heard even though the same point has been made already many times before,

3) They deliberately ignore the general consensus (or even lose an argument) and prefer to spam the same tired argument over and over again,

4) It leads to a lot of noise on the forums which eventually results in the search function bringing up useless threads instead of useful ones.

I’m not bashing you, but believe me – stick around these forums for a few days and you’ll quickly grow annoyed at the influx of duplicate threads retreading the same tired ground again and again!

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reclusiarh.2674

Reclusiarh.2674

Sorry didn’t bother reading 10 pages, so here’s my idea:

allow mounts in www.
Why:
1. In the longer term players will get bored of running the same path from the keep to the towers to defend the zone for the 10000x time.

Solution: Allow the yaks to be mounted, the same animals that carry provisions. It could be done in such a way they would go by themselves so no personal action would be required from the player. You just pop yourself on the yak, and it will happily trot to the end location.

why? Because guarding the yak with provisions is too boring, nobody is doing it, so it’s a lost mission.

With being mounted at least, in the meantime you can check the TP, read map chat, etc.

Guild wars should be war between orders, because orders are guilds too.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fievre.4510

Fievre.4510

Have they even reimplemented the rewards for guarding the dolyaks in WvW?

Anyways:
Mounts aren’t necessary, no. The game will do fine without them, but they seriously can’t hurt, IF done properly like I’ve said before.

If there’s a speed boost at all, it shouldn’t be significant. An insignificant speed buff would mean you wouldn’t necessarily need to be dismounted upon entering combat because you’re barely moving faster than you would by normally walking. Maybe if you’re smacked with a cripple or a daze or other form of CC then it would dismount you, but honestly if I want to run through a mob I’m going to keep running – mount or no mount.

Most people I’ve talked to would love to see mounts added, for vanity, not utility, purposes. And I think that’d be the way to go if they ever are.

PS – If it’s possible to keep Swiftness up almost always for some classes, and others are able to otherwise cover ground pretty quickly (i.e., on my ele using swiftness, then popping into fire and turning around to use Burning Retreat, then switching to daggers for RTL) I’m failing to see why it would be SO HORRIBLE for mounts even with a 10% speed increase.

People are worrying too much about this game being a “WoW clone” and seriously Anet would have to try REALLY hard to accomplish that much. But what’s more important here, is that it wasn’t an unsuccessful game. I’m failing to realize why anyone is so worried about a game they really enjoy, taking other enjoyable aspects from various other games (WoW is not the only game to ever have mounts :l) since that’s what they’ve been doing anyways. They wouldn’t implement them in a way that it would ruin the game for anyone, and they wouldn’t implement them until they were sure it was ready and working.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

I’ve been against mounts ever since I’ve heard of GW2, but at this point, I’m so bored, I’d welcome mounts and the mount grind, or achievements.

Getting to know ANet better and better since launch, my guess is that mounts would run 100% with food (costing 50 gems a day) or 35% without food.

Nah never mind, I forget how this game sucks the fun out of everything fun..

I’m against mounts, again…

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

Sorry didn’t bother reading 10 pages, so here’s my idea:

allow mounts in www.
Why:
1. In the longer term players will get bored of running the same path from the keep to the towers to defend the zone for the 10000x time.

Solution: Allow the yaks to be mounted, the same animals that carry provisions. It could be done in such a way they would go by themselves so no personal action would be required from the player. You just pop yourself on the yak, and it will happily trot to the end location.

why? Because guarding the yak with provisions is too boring, nobody is doing it, so it’s a lost mission.

With being mounted at least, in the meantime you can check the TP, read map chat, etc.

you just made me think of having a special gun on the side of the Dolyak, that you could fire at stuff while you are moving, so it adds a certain kind of skill to land hits correctly….

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

The problem, as I see it, is terrain and enemies.

There are a lot of areas in the game which would just be mount-unfriendly. Steering around some of them would take longer than going on foot over/through them. (I know mounts can jump, but not as precisely as a person on foot.)

Then, there’s enemies, and our level scaling. A majority of the creatures we pass will be hostile, and many have control effects. Even those without would bring down our horse through sheer damage.

As for WvW: No, No, No. The penalty of having to run back would be gone, and battles would become long, drawn-out affairs where each side remains constantly reinforced, forever.

Have you ridden a horse before? I have and let me tell that fella could go up steeper inclines than I would ever had tried on foot. Also have you ever been kicked by one? Its something you want soon forget. Let me assure you these animals can handle a fight better than you think they can.

They could add a debuff to mounts after a death to slow yo down or mute the speed fo x amount of time..

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

Hell! I’d even have a dolyak that runs SLOWER! Just because it’s FUN

Apparently we can’t have FUN can’t we?

Stop the crap about waypoints and swiftness already. This is not about speed.

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

Let’s get something straight:
- Mounts do not ruin a game.
- Poorly implemented features do.

It makes little sense that you’re essentially on a permanent marathon during the whole game.
Assuming your run speed is 100%, a mount could:
- Walk at 66%
- Run at 133% (same as you with Swiftness)
- Sprint at 166% (small temporary burst of speed)
- Have health, drops you and runs away at 50% and becomes downed if for some reason it reaches 0% in one hit.

The full scope of my suggestion is in the Expansion Concepts link in my signature.

(edited by Nurvus.2891)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pointless One.2468

Pointless One.2468

everyone comparing this game to wow should just stop playing… adding mounts wouldn’t make it a game like wow, it would just let players who want a mount to travel a bit faster actually move faster, no’one ever said you HAVE to buy one… as if you guys didn’t ever think ‘darn that’s a long way to go for 1 thing’ or ‘really? but i’ve just been there’ in the middle of nowhere inbetween all waypoints (wich really are expensive if you ask me…)

i would love to see some mounts in this game even if it’s just for lolz and show. but i would say to only let us use them on roads and such (if possible) because else people would just skip a big load of creatures / monsters / etc, wich they should actually battle to get where they want to go. (like skill points, guarded by a veteran, faster mount travel would mean kiting the guard away from the spot, to fastely run back and get the point while the guard is away… wouldn’t be fun)
so yeah… pro mount if used correctly

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

For those that say ‘Oh well you’d just run past dynamic events’, that’s completely incorrect, we run towards dynamic events and sometimes miss 1/4 or more of it due to slow movement speed, with a mount we’d just be doing the things we normally do but faster.
I want mounts, I mean, once you’ve tried exploring the places like Cursed Shore, Maclhor’s Leap and the Straits of Devastation, it’s truly the most annoying thing I’ve ever experienced.
Mounts are fun to collect and show off with to, it also gives your character individuality.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: mrsrachelm.7618

mrsrachelm.7618

Yea, I need a subscription. Not a game where the economy is driven by a stupid Cash Shop.

hehehehe, yup. IN MMO’s where one pays $15/month (average) you end up with MUCH more bang in game for your buck and you are much less likely to nickle and dime yourself to death in real money. I MUCH prefer an MMO with a monthly fee at the current rates than the F2P models. Just my opinion. Others with vary.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: TravisTrout.6803

TravisTrout.6803

Mounts are great; just not for this game. There is no area between waypoints large enough to benefit from mounted travel.

Can you imagine trying to ride a horse through Orr? You’d get dismounted for combat every three meters anyway so you might as well just walk.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Psychosocial.6293

Psychosocial.6293

Yea, I need a subscription. Not a game where the economy is driven by a stupid Cash Shop.

hehehehe, yup. IN MMO’s where one pays $15/month (average) you end up with MUCH more bang in game for your buck and you are much less likely to nickle and dime yourself to death in real money. I MUCH prefer an MMO with a monthly fee at the current rates than the F2P models. Just my opinion. Others with vary.

Ok, I see your point. Just one question. Who is forcing you to spend real money in-game? I just bought game box and nothing else. I have enough gold to buy gems, now if you want to buy every skin that comes out or BL keys all the time well than you will have to spend some RL cash, but you don’t need skins, keys from gem shop. Stop buying things from gem shop for RL cash and grind some gold and you wont nickle and dime yourself to death.
Mounts for me have no use in-game, not with WP’s. Running across the map without any mob fight is not fun. And take jormags claw for example, you have 100 players on the same spot at the same time and I get FPS drop, lag etc. ( i don’t have top range gaming pc, so at these situations I get some lower performance ) now add another 100 mounts to that and mass events couldn’t be played, same would happen at any trader, jumping puzzle etc. Yes some players would be nice and remove mounts at these situations, but only some players, most will keep them and it would be a huge negative side to game play. So no mounts, that is my vote.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darknass.1903

Darknass.1903

Simply put, NO.

Tyria is meant to be explored, and having a mount would diminish this greatly.

HoD – Ranger, Ele, Guard, Engie.

“The best defense is a strong offense.”

(edited by Darknass.1903)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Profano.9514

Profano.9514

NO. No need this useless things on Tyria.

The Sleeping Bard [TSB] | The Bard, http://bit.ly/1GSrsZu

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Field Marshal.7946

Field Marshal.7946

People should really stop with the mount threads. If you want a mount, go play WoW

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

Here’s my two cents:

add mounts to the game as environmental weapons. no speed boost but have a swiftness granting skill for every mount. Im not saying make the swiftness permanent, im saying something more towards call of the wild to give that boosted speed feel every once in a while and having a cooldown that is (somewhat) longer than the duration of swiftness. I’d say call of the wild would be a perfect example of a speed boosting skill for a mount. rangers have it available to them and can liberally use them, so having an environmental weapon doing the same isnt a stretch. and also make mounts have combat skills so that they’re not just vanity items, but something of use that is beyond simply traveling.

to implement a permanent mount, i’d say have it as an activated item in a bag slot. the system is already in use with the banker golem, so have something like that, remove the time limit (or add time limits for event mounts or whatever) and voila, in game mounts that don’t ruin guild wars 2.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadow.3289

Shadow.3289

Mounts in Guild Wars 2 are inadequate. Arena Net wants their player-base to enjoy the beautiful design & artwork of the game.

“A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom”
StormBluff Isle

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

So I am an engineer and pretty much blaize through every location on my perma-swiftness, running around any and all obstacle I don’t care about.
How is it different from mounts?
It only adds that stupid “minigame” of swiftness stacking.

I did enjoy design&scenery while I was doing the exploration part. But when I’m forced to run around same old location for Nth time it doesn’t matter anymore. I just want to get to my point faster.

EU Aurora Glade

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alucielyse.4791

Alucielyse.4791

I can tell you this, you can ask all you want but ArenaNet will never put mounts in GW2. Hope and pray all you want but it won’t happen.

Zaelith

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

mounts can only be OK in my book if:

1.) They’re not allowed in cities. Meaning auto-turn off mounts once you enter them, and you can’t ride on them inside

2.) They provide no real speed advantage over the next walking/running char (even a disadvantage as you cannot use the swift buff while riding a mount). Meaning they run at the same speed as a normal running character.

3.) Once you get hit, you automatically dismount.

4.) You cannot jump while on a mount.

5.) There should be a large blocking issue with mount in that you cannot park them over npcs (definitely a legitimate concern)

6.) They need to look pretty. Somehow, I want a horse on my soon-to-be-made human.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: ragnarockww.8473

ragnarockww.8473

What if they had dragons you could ride but only in the sky for pvp battles or even a new race and new area for them.

I played ff11 for years and the chocobo was fun and fits well in that game but mount’s just dont seem to fit here as someone say’s most of the areas are’nt large enough.

I also played guild wars and never missed not having a mount lol probly because i was dancing so much .

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azaziel.3608

Azaziel.3608

I couldn’t care less about having mounts or not, but I get really annoyed by the dumb “arguments” most people use against them…
For instance:

• Mounts make players able to avoid mobs or fights: I can perfectly avoid fights as it is right now. If I want to walk through a pack of mobs and not fight anyone I can do it and probably won’t die (except it happens in a very crowded zone in which case the mount wouldn’t help much either).
  • Mounts allow players avoid obstacles: Nobody is asking for flying mounts, if you bum into a tree walking/running, you’ll also do it on a mount.
  • Mounts wouldn’t let players enjoy the beauty of the world: A waypoint does this even worse. At least on a mount I can see the landscape between my point A and B, in a waypoint all I get is a loading screen.
  • Griefers would block npcs or objects in the cities: Too bad there is not a key to interact when close to any object or npc that allows interaction and making unnecesary to click it or even having to see it. Oh wait there is, it’s called F key.

I can’t remember any more now but, seriously if you don’t want mounts just say “I don’t want mounts because I just don’t”, don’t give this stupid arguments that make no sense and make you look like you only know how to repeat what other stupid people said before.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: star.5296

star.5296

Yea : D I want my mount to be a charr for my human (:!

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

@ star: that’s gotta be illegal….

As far as mount go, there are way too many invisible walls in this game for mounts to be anything more than an additional frustration for players. Be careful what you wish for….

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: NightFire.7563

NightFire.7563

Hi, my names Joni and I’ve been playing Guild Wars 2 from the day it came out. But I have found that it can be quite boring as you amble towards your next quest/event/instance I think the game could be improved by Mounts. I believe this is the only thing that World of Warcraft has on Guild Wars 2. I mean, I know there are WayPoints that you can port’ too and when it comes to 3 Silver per travel and then you have to go to and from in order to report to your current quest giver. The WayPoints are good ideas, don’t get me wrong but nothing truly replaces the feeling of having your own faithful friend to travel with you. If anyone from Arena Net is reading this please try to get this into the game. It would improve ratings and bring over more new players in my opinion. Anyone else, please tell me your opinions on this. Thankyou for reading.

Aye, mounts will be added later in the game. But do not expect them anytime soon. ANet has loads of bugs to fix before they can be added. And they are fairly low on the list.

It’s cute when the only pile of kitten excuse players against mounts come up with are those cities crap. Which isn’t true in any way. Players can still click on merchants and see very clearly. Especially if an option like Do Not Render Mounted Players is added.

If by a sliver of a chance it does become a problem it will most likely be added as a mod.

But again. Expect mounts much later in the release and settle for walking around bored.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

It’s really nice to have a beautiful mounts in gw2 , however we should be able to resurrection, farming and searching while we are riding them.
I hope that they have the same speed as swiftness do.
In this way no one will be sad

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Steven.9803

Steven.9803

YES YES and YESSS! More mount threads! Let Arenanet here us out! Mounts would be freeking amazing!

bumb

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: NightFire.7563

NightFire.7563

It’s really nice to have a beautiful mounts in gw2 , however we should be able to resurrection, farming and searching while we are riding them.

33% constant speed boost. Helps a lot when doing Map Completion and running back to Events after getting downed.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

No to all accounts. The only thing that mounts should add are cosmetic only, like minipets.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

The Demonic Spirit.3157

No to all accounts. The only thing that mounts should add are cosmetic only, like minipets.

That’s what I have said !!!
Mounts should be rideable ,but they must be as fast as swiftness. ( just cosmetic )
Like a necromancer riding a demonic horse or shade and an engineer riding a machine.
As I mentioned before , riders should be allowed to resurrect , farm and search while riding.If we can do these while we are riding , what is the problem in them ?

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

No. A-net said no. Everyone knows this. Please close this thread, and stop asking.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: saurus.8290

saurus.8290

Hi, my names Joni and I’ve been playing Guild Wars 2 from the day it came out. But I have found that it can be quite boring as you amble towards your next quest/event/instance I think the game could be improved by Mounts. I believe this is the only thing that World of Warcraft has on Guild Wars 2. I mean, I know there are WayPoints that you can port’ too and when it comes to 3 Silver per travel and then you have to go to and from in order to report to your current quest giver. The WayPoints are good ideas, don’t get me wrong but nothing truly replaces the feeling of having your own faithful friend to travel with you. If anyone from Arena Net is reading this please try to get this into the game. It would improve ratings and bring over more new players in my opinion. Anyone else, please tell me your opinions on this. Thankyou for reading.

there are already doylaks ut i dont think they will make you run faster

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

The Demonic Spirit.3157

We refused to be forced to give up on a utility slot just to make as faster , equip a weapon that grants swiftness or get a trait that do so.
That’s why we need mounts , unless Anet give us something that grants us swiftness without having 9 skill slots instead of 10 !!

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Damon.9783

Damon.9783

can you please add mounts into the game because it takes ages to get around WvW and around the world

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

I’d like mounts aswell, but i don’t know how they should be made.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hastur.6231

Hastur.6231

can you please add mounts into the game because it takes ages to get around WvW and around the world

It is supposed to be hard to get around WvW so waypoint upgrades for keeps actually have tactical and strategical value, while also making moving troops around a big decision. As for PvE there are waypoints everywhere, they are there is no need for mounts and contested points are not a reason for mounts they are there to encourage players to progress in the area and unlock them. Waypoints are a gold sink required to keep the economy of the game running.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

^ Yeah but the system for upgrades in keeps sucks. You have to pay 10g yourself. If they added it so you can pay 20s for example and then it goes down to 9g 80s. That way everyone can pay to upgrade and you don’t have to worry about paying it all yourself and trading in WvWvW isn’t really safe.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

There’s enough threads on this already, including a merged one which a simple use of the search function would have shown you. Why make another one?

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

It is supposed to be hard to get around WvW so waypoint upgrades for keeps actually have tactical and strategical value, while also making moving troops around a big decision. As for PvE there are waypoints everywhere, they are there is no need for mounts and contested points are not a reason for mounts they are there to encourage players to progress in the area and unlock them. Waypoints are a gold sink required to keep the economy of the game running.

It’s supposed to be hard to get around, or you mean it is supposed to be artificially hard and boring to get into action? When I was leveling my main 3DHS WvW was extremely busy and fun. Now on my alts it’s the extreme opposite, your server is either dominating the maps, or getting completely destroyed. I don’t see how mounts have that great of an impact on the game type. WvW is huge, having 1 central way point doesn’t do anything but remove the action from the game. I understand that there should be a delay in the time it takes you to die, and return, but it can take entirely to much time to run all the way back, missing out on karma, silver and xp that you had work so hard for. The game doesn’t reward you for standing in front of a keep busting the door down, hardly anything for using supply and if you get picked off in the zerg to take the keep, you are SOL. Mounts could assist in getting back to the action, without missing the point. WvW is real expensive to participate in, siege, repairs, upgrades and time – especially time. I am against mounts in the game PvE, but in WvW, limited way points call for something that doesn’t allow instant travel, but travel in a reasonable time frame and running on foot isn’t reasonable.

The whole gold sink argument… The entire game is a huge gold sink, cost of “living” vs “income” is a joke. If you play GW2 for a living, or buy gold via gems(other) means then it isn’t so bad, but as someone who plays the game in spare time wont bother and I think that is what is killing this game off.

If you compare the first month of this game to the second month, the difference is night and day. The game needs to not try and be so different that it makes gameplay mundane, which atm it does. Play WvW for an hour, you are probably looking for action, or getting repairs, maybe 10 minutes of actual PvP (maybe)

Mounts could add to WvW making much more fun, they certainly couldn’t make it much worse..er…well unless ANet sucks the fun out of it as per usual.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

Please, I would love mounts, they make your character unique and stand out and make traveling easier if you don’t want to pay for waypoints, it gives a nice incentive too.