Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Bug?

/15 char

Reboot the Base Map Mechanic & Population

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Much work done here it will be difficult for the Servers from Countries like Germany/France and Spain. Some are on these Servers to speak german, french or spanish so with this idea they are forced to speak english, not everyone wants that and can do it.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

@Haralin

Did you get a chance to look at this sub-topic:

WvW Time Zones and Language Options

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Time-Zones-and-Language-Options/first#post5762895

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Diku.2546

Hi everybody,

I’d like to discuss what Borderland map should be used as it relates to the New Map Mechanic that I’m proposing.

Alpine or Desert? Which Borderland Map would be a better choice?

Or, have both maps used?

I’m setting up this sub-topic thread to continue this discussion in detail here to keep the parent thread focused on topic about Reboot Base Map Mechanic & Population.

WvW Alpine or Desert if Base Map Rebooted

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Alpine-or-Desert-if-Base-Map-Rebooted/first#post5799502

Appreciate your feedback & looking forward to this discussion with you & the WvW Community.

Diku

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

+1 and I do commend you for taking on the challenge of trying to propose ways to fix WvW. However, unless a dev comes into this topic (or any other in the WvW forums) we are just talking to the wind again. Many of your ideas such as the globe principle sound, to me, to be quite well though out and a timezone based solution to night capping/constant players is interesting.

Passing this thread to a dev via a PM might be good idea. Please just let us know IF you get any reply that it not done by robot so we may see that there is anyone on the other end of the line.

P.S. This was my optimistic reply.

in WvW

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

I support the idea +1
except the idea about the picking a home time zone, this could a lot of chaos.
Forgive my ignorance if someone already discussed these. I didn’t felt like reading everyone’s respond.

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

in WvW

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

+1 Supported. Anything is better than what the developers can come up with. Anything, coz everyone who plays the game knows more that Arenanet.

Remember, statistics mentioned by Arenanet for WvW reset day change? Nuff said…

in WvW

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

There is no problem choosing timezone as long all can play together, tho if it seperate ppl from each other in wvw, that is a problem.

in WvW

Diku.2546

@darkaheart & Sandrox
The World Reset is meant to allow Communities to form around a specific Time Zone.
It does not in any way stop players from other Time Zones from joining their friends and family.
Players from different Time Zones can choose to pick the same Home Globe, or they can join different Home Globes but still team-up & play together based on the New Map Mechanic.
Old World Servers are transformed into New Globes during this Population Reboot. Globes are named after their Old World Server’s Name.

Full details:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Reboot-the-Base-Map-Mechanic-Population/first#post5710746

@BadMed

Full details:
I’m still waiting for a response asking for the evaluated data.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-and-the-Heart-of-Thorns-Release/page/18#post5789980

Thank you for the support.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Sai Ree.5960

Sai Ree.5960

I applaud you for your dedication in creating walls of text, and mailing people about it to ask for their support. Can’t say that i believe that your timezone idea would solve anything. You’d break up multinational communities that have existed for years when they actually already picked servers based on their timezones at the launch of gw2.
You open wide the door for trolling with “enemy-guests” and picking battles.
I think you’re picking the wrong fight here.

(edited by Sai Ree.5960)

in WvW

Diku.2546

@Sai Ree

Sorry for all the wall of text, but how else does one propose a New Base Map Mechanic to cover all the necessary details that the Developers will need to code to?

Yes, breaking up multinational communities. This is called severe server stacking & is one of the major reasons behind why WvW is so screwed up.

Here’s the specific detailed information to help you understand what this wall of text means.

New Map Mechanic will allow Players from different Time Zones to pick the same Home Globe, or join a Different Home Globe…but still let players from Different Globes to team-up & play together. Old Base Map Mechanic will not let you do this.

Old World Servers are transformed into New Globes during this Population Reboot. Globes are named after their Old World Server’s Name.

Night hours for your Home Globe could be covered by a verabl agreement between players from other Globes from different Time Zones to attack your enemy for you. Old Base Map Mechanic will not let you do this.

The reboot is meant to allow players to form communities around a time zone. The Time Zone is only a label for players to reference. You will not be prevented from joining a Globe at all.

Also, the entire population of a World Server will be asked to vote on what Time Zone do they want their New Globe associated with. Once again…the Time Zone only serves as a reference for players to identify with.

You can still pick to join any Globe no matter what Time Zone you live in.

Closing door to trolling with “enemy-guests”

Enemy-Guest follows a “Guesting” limit of (1-3) Enemy Globes per week that a player can visit.

I supposed ANet could enforce a really strict limit of 1 Globe per week that players can visit.

Players would only be able to fight 1 Globe for the whole week, but Players would choose which Globe from a Large List of 24 NA Globes - and - 27 EU Globes.

I’m desperately trying very hard to give ANet a solution to save our WvW game mode.

Sorry if you feel that I’m picking a fight with you, or annoying you.

Diku

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

@Stand The Wall

Take a look at this map mechanic:

d) Enemy-Guest follows a “Guesting” limit of (1-3) Enemy Globes per week that a player can visit. ANet can adjust this number to reduce or prevent un-fair matches, or during tournaments

ANet can enforce a really strict “Guesting” limit of 1 Enemy Globe that a player can visit for the week. This would force players to be highly selective who they attack.

That does not take into account how many people can guest to a server. The per week as well as the per server cap needs to be addressed.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Diku.2546

@Stand The Wall

Core Map Mechanic will do this:

Top 3 Enemy Globes attacking a player’s Home Globe is displayed in a Random fashion every time it’s viewed by the Home Team

Players are given incentive to attack the Globe that is attacking their Globe.

I supposed ANet could enforce a really strict limit of 1 Globe per week that players can visit.

Players would only be able to fight 1 Globe for the whole week, but Players would choose which Globe from a Large List of 24 NA Globes – and – 27 EU Globes.

…King of Hill Buff – Bottom 3 WvW Ranked Worlds get an automatic buff when attacking any Top WvW Ranked World’s Home Globes. Cross Global Theaters of War attacks also trigger Buff

in WvW

Posted by: Sai Ree.5960

Sai Ree.5960

I didn’t mean picking a fight with ME personally, that’d be odd, because i never post much on here.
Absolutely wanting to push this complicated idea of yours on this forum is ;-).

in WvW

Diku.2546

@Sai Ree

I guess you need the Reader’s Digest version of this proposal. Sorry if it’s complicated.

Please Support with a single thread bump & Vote +1…If you like this idea.

Please…Reboot the Base Map Mechanic

Old World Servers are transformed into New Globes. Each Globe owns all 4 maps. Globes are named after their Old World Server’s Name. Players are able to visit all Globes as an Enemy-Guest. Enemy-Guest follows a Guesting limit of 1-3 Enemy Globes per week that a player can visit. ANet can adjust this number to reduce or prevent un-fair matches, or during tournaments. Top 3 Enemy Globes attacking a player’s Home Globe is displayed in a Random fashion every time it’s viewed by the Home Team. Players are given incentive to attack the Globe that is attacking their Home Globe.

Please…Reboot the Current Population

The World Reset is meant to allow Communities to form around a specific Time Zone. Time Zone is used to label the Globe. It does not in any way stop players from other Time Zones from joining a Globe. Players from different Time Zones are all welcome to join any Globe in any Time Zone.

Author of this topic is desperately trying to give ANet a solution to save our beloved WvW game mode.

This proposal is broken into 3 Major Postings:

Part I) WvW Population Reboot & New Theaters of War v.14

Part II) New Map Mechanic v.34

Part III) Expanded Details of Major Mechanics & Triggers v.35

Is this more to your taste & would you please help?

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Is there anything here that appeals to me, a solo roamer?

All I want is to go out, help my server win the game and fight other solo players. I am not interested in waiting for 2-3 guildies to roam with me, I don’t want to capture a objective that isn’t balanced for one player and then find out that a small group took it back much more easily than I did.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in WvW

Diku.2546

@runeblade

Picked a few proposed buffs that might interest you:

PART III – Expanded Details of Major Mechanics & Triggers v.35
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Reboot-the-Base-Map-Mechanic-Population/first#post5710750

…King of Hill Buff – Bottom 3 WvW Ranked Worlds get an automatic buff when attacking any Top WvW Ranked World’s Home Globes. Cross Global Theaters of War attacks also trigger Buff

…Implement a Dynamic Tier Level Buff with Decay Timer named “Tenacious”

Need to update the entries concerning Auto-Upgades of Objective. It’s critical for Roamers to assist with this.

Updates will probably be posted later today:

1) Manual Upgrades Protecting your Home Globe should be FREE.
2) Manual Upgrades Expanding into Enemy Globes or EB should Cost Gold.

The Cost of Upgrades in Enemy Globes or EB should be considered an INVESTMENT that give Players reasons behind protecting it.

in WvW

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

This appeals to solo players because….?

It looks like your propose buffs is there to force me into a zerg or a small group.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

(edited by runeblade.7514)

in WvW

Diku.2546

@runeblade

I’ve setup a sub-topic thread here to continue this discussion in detail here:

WvW Solo Roamer
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Solo-Roamer/first#post5805337

Thank you for your feedback.

Diku

in WvW

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

ive got a lot to add to this ive just been busy, will post tmrw

in WvW

Posted by: Chemical Rush.2569

Chemical Rush.2569

eh i like it how it is, they should just re-open free transfers. lots of guilds would leave, lots of new ones would come.

in WvW

Diku.2546

@Chemical Rush

Need to implement the below New Base Map Mechanic before free transfer, or it’s just a free server stack.

Free server stack that misses the opportunity to reset the Population into Time Zones & Language options.

Current Tier based system encourages chronic server stacking, stale match-ups, can’t play with friends & family, and off-peak capping.

New Base Map Mechanic

Players choose 1 Globe to represent.

Servers are changed into Globes.

Globes keep old server’s name.

Each Globe owns all 4 maps in WvW.

Players enter Enemy Globes as Attacker.

Players can Pick from a list of any NA and EU Globes to enter.

Players can enter 1-3 Globes per week.

ANet can change Globe Limit to prevent un-fair matches, or during tournaments.

Home team is shown in random order the Top 3 Enemies attacking them.

Population Reboot

Reboot allows Communities to re-form around Time Zone & Language.

Time Zone & Language helps to label the Globe Community that forms there.

It helps players choose the right Globe to call Home.

Time Zone can be changed by a Globe’s population at an annual Voting Event.

Time Zone & Language DOES NOT prevent players from joining any Globe.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

To much text, got lost at globs then i gave up Reading.

What i want is so you get 0 Points on passive things only Active Points.

(edited by Shadow.3475)

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

First: Anet will never gives you credit
What motivates players: rewards, leaderboards, excitement and other players
If once the player base starts to decay it will hardly stop.
I think wvw should be guild based. Players should represent in wvw a guild for a week and guilds gain war scores on every week depending on players activity. More active players rise the guild on the ladder. There could be 3 ladders for 3 time zones.
Game should dish out guilds every week on reset night depending on activity.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Diku.2546

@McWolfy

WvW Guild vs Server/Globe Based
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Guild-vs-Server-Globe-Based/first#post5809254

Diku

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I do not agree with everything you say in your thread, but I do think it’s something to be worked on, it has potential, as an alternative to fully world-based match-ups and as an alternative to fully alliance-based match-ups.

My main issue would be with controlling what happens. What if a lot of players attack the same ‘globe’ at the same time? Will all of them appear as allies, or will they also fight among eachother? If allies, won’t the home globe be severely handicapped when it has to fend off players from potentially all other home globes?

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Sounds good to me

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

in WvW

Diku.2546

@Sirendor

You’re correct…they’ll appear as Allies to each other on a shared Enemy Globe.

Before you get worked up about a large army showing up at your Home Globe.

Consider the following:

1) There are 24 NA and 27 EU Globes.

2) Each Globe is fighting to be WvW Ranked #1 in their Global Theater of War. There’s 2 Theaters by the way, NA & EU.

3) Each Home Globe is shown in random order the Top 3 Enemies attacking them.

4) Players can only enter 1-3 Globes for the week. Once they pick…that’s the Globe they can visit for the whole week.

5) ANet can change this Globe Limit to 1 if necessary to prevent un-fair matches.

The globe that is too focused on attacking the Ranked #1 server could over-reach their resources & be attacked themselves if they’re not careful.

Another post explains this here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Reboot-the-Base-Map-Mechanic-Population/first#post5717026

@kuritsutian

Thanks for the support.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Oh I see, so you expect globes that are very aggressive to be attacked themselves because of this, some sort of revenge system? That could actually work.

Also another thing I thought while reading this – it’s likely people of the same guild will attack the same globe, since they want to play together, so that would make the whole system more reliable.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Gets my vote.

Extra characters for 15

in WvW

Shadow.3475

Some explanation on my 0 Point on passive, i mean something like this, a camp is worth the point ”the enemy” gain on it if you cap it without resistance, so Camp have 4 upgrades that you do manually, 1 and 2 is worth 30point 3, 4 worth 50points each, so if you upgraded a camp to max your server will gain 160points, if enemy cap it they will gain 160points and then if 0 upgraded then 0 points for capping it. Then you add points for defending buildings on camp something like 1-4players = 20points 5-9= 60points 10+ players 100 points, with then mean if you cap a fully upgraded Camp with 10+ defender your server gain 260points + all kill points, and if defenders win they gain 100points + kills, they already got the 160points earlier. And here for winning on defender side is when sword go away from the building. Made up some points, if that is good or if it should be higher am not sure.

in WvW

Diku.2546

@Shadow

Re-posting your above post to this sub-topic thread:

WvW Maps and Scoring

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Maps-and-Scoring/first#post5762907

Keep in mind the following has been updated in the sub-topic already.

Update 1 of 3

Blood Lust Buff is not possible without Ruins right? I’ll have to update the Parent Proposal to have a Pending Removal due to HoT Release.

…Per Kill – At Death – Points Earned

Update 2 of 3

PPT does have a purpose to keep an element of urgency to scoring, but past a certain point it works to de-moralize the loosing team. How about the following:

…Weekly PPT Cap of 25,000 – 100,000 Points for each Globe. ANet to adjust value to keep runaway scores from happening

Update 3 of 3

Objective capping points sounds really appealing. Rewards players for actually doing something. Keeping it simple to reduce development & coding.

…Per Cap – Objectives captured earn points at flip. Higher points are earned based on the Objective’s Upgrade Tier when flipped. Extremely low points awarded for objectives that have zero upgrades

@misterman

Appreciate the support.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Diku.2546

@runeblade

Snip 8<

Need to update the entries concerning Auto-Upgades of Objective. It’s critical for Roamers to assist with this.

Updates will probably be posted later today:

1) Manual Upgrades Protecting your Home Globe should be FREE.
2) Manual Upgrades Expanding into Enemy Globes or EB should Cost Gold.

The Cost of Upgrades in Enemy Globes or EB should be considered an INVESTMENT that give Players reasons behind protecting it.

Reminder to self about updating this.

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

My thoughts,

It’s great to see someone putting in the effort that Anet should be putting in, it’s disheartening that it is a player that is doing Anet’s job and seems to care more then the company itself.

I’ve stated this before in previous posts of yours, it seems over complicated. I’m sure in reality its very simple but the way it’s been presented gives the illusion of complicated. Because of this illusion I think many players are not convinced due to not understanding. I myself have a plethora of question which I will get around to posting when not at work.

I am concerned with the number of Globes/Worlds/Servers which ever people would like to refer to them as. I think part of the problem right now is there are to many servers for the current population, if I’m reading this right you’re proposing we continue with the number of servers and add new mechanics. I would say just get rid of half the servers (or worlds). You said yourself that more can be added or retired if need be so let’s start out smaller and grow instead of starting out large and shrinking.

Worlds can choose 1-3 enemy worlds to fight against per week. This is a bit confusing and here is why. I understand the concept, you choose X number of servers that you can attack, seems simple but, what happens when I want to attack say BG, SoS, ET and Bob over there on my world wants to attack JQ, DB, AR then Frank wants to attack TC, HoD, Mag ? How do you determine what server(s) or world(s) we will be attack ? If anyone can just choose who they want to attack it kind of defeats the purpose of a home world for anything other than having something to defend.

I’m not against your Idea at all I just think there is A lot to it and it needs some solid clarification in certain areas. At this point I would back up your idea and say yes, but I would like to better understand some of what you’re suggesting.

in WvW

Diku.2546

My thoughts,

It’s great to see someone putting in the effort that Anet should be putting in, it’s disheartening that it is a player that is doing Anet’s job and seems to care more then the company itself.

I’ve stated this before in previous posts of yours, it seems over complicated. I’m sure in reality its very simple but the way it’s been presented gives the illusion of complicated. Because of this illusion I think many players are not convinced due to not understanding. I myself have a plethora of question which I will get around to posting when not at work.

I am concerned with the number of Globes/Worlds/Servers which ever people would like to refer to them as. I think part of the problem right now is there are to many servers for the current population, if I’m reading this right you’re proposing we continue with the number of servers and add new mechanics. I would say just get rid of half the servers (or worlds). You said yourself that more can be added or retired if need be so let’s start out smaller and grow instead of starting out large and shrinking.

Worlds can choose 1-3 enemy worlds to fight against per week. This is a bit confusing and here is why. I understand the concept, you choose X number of servers that you can attack, seems simple but, what happens when I want to attack say BG, SoS, ET and Bob over there on my world wants to attack JQ, DB, AR then Frank wants to attack TC, HoD, Mag ? How do you determine what server(s) or world(s) we will be attack ? If anyone can just choose who they want to attack it kind of defeats the purpose of a home world for anything other than having something to defend.

I’m not against your Idea at all I just think there is A lot to it and it needs some solid clarification in certain areas. At this point I would back up your idea and say yes, but I would like to better understand some of what you’re suggesting.

Is the below really too complicated?

New Base Map Mechanic

Players choose 1 Globe to represent.

Servers are changed into Globes.

Globes keep old server’s name.

Each Globe owns all 4 maps in WvW.

Players enter Enemy Globes as Attacker.

Players can Pick from a list of any NA and EU Globes to enter.

Players can enter 1-3 Globes per week.

ANet can change Globe Limit to prevent un-fair matches, or during tournaments.

Home team is shown in random order the Top 3 Enemies attacking them.

Population Reboot

Reboot allows Communities to re-form around Time Zone & Language.

Time Zone & Language helps to label the Globe Community that forms there.

It helps players choose the right Globe to call Home.

Time Zone can be changed by a Globe’s population at an annual Voting Event.

Time Zone & Language DOES NOT prevent players from joining any Globe.

in WvW

Diku.2546

@Sirendor

You’re correct…they’ll appear as Allies to each other on a shared Enemy Globe.

Before you get worked up about a large army showing up at your Home Globe.

Consider the following:

1) There are 24 NA and 27 EU Globes.

2) Each Globe is fighting to be WvW Ranked #1 in their Global Theater of War. There’s 2 Theaters by the way, NA & EU.

3) Each Home Globe is shown in random order the Top 3 Enemies attacking them.

4) Players can only enter 1-3 Globes for the week. Once they pick…that’s the Globe they can visit for the whole week.

5) ANet can change this Globe Limit to 1 if necessary to prevent un-fair matches.

The globe that is too focused on attacking the Ranked #1 server could over-reach their resources & be attacked themselves if they’re not careful.

Another post explains this here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Reboot-the-Base-Map-Mechanic-Population/first#post5717026

Thanks for the support.

@Random

Don’t think you saw this post above.

Appreciate your kind words about my effort.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I like what Diku is trying to do because WvW

D___ E___ S___ P___ E___ R___ A___ T___ E___ L___ Y___

needs a solution to the problems of populations and matchups.

I’m not sure Diku’s is the best solution, but at this stage I’ll take anything. ANYTHING.
Our server’s core community is twiddling it’s thumbs waiting for the next match, playing Fallout4 another game and eyeing Camelot Unchained and Crowfall upcoming Realm-vs-Realm-style games with relish.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

I support that Diku is requesting changes to see if it helps WvW. But a simple fix in my opinion would be since these new maps are so large, why not add “gliding” into it? Only the borderland maps should have gliding. Look at the terrain and the size of these maps and tell me it wouldn’t promote quicker fights? Glide right into battle… Yes, you’ll need “HoT” to be able to glide. It’s not needed to play, but for gliding purposes it will be needed. It’ll maybe help sales of HoT for those who don’t already have it.

-S o S-

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

At the moment in NA:
Tier 1 is alive, EB is always queued and the borderlands have large groups fighting at peak times. It could use more people to fill up the borderlands. We transferred there and so far I’ve had way more fun than in T2 just because we don’t have to search for fights. The PPT mentality is kinda obsessive, but you can find good fights there at any time of the day.

Tier 2 is going well at peak times in EBG but the rest of the day it’s pretty empty
Borderlands are mostly empty all day long and if you find a fight there you’re lucky.
It needs a lot more people otherwise Anet might as well remove the borderlands.
At peak time it has just the same big blobs as T1, but the rest of the day there is basically nothing to do.

From what I hear Tier 3 and below are dying and not a lot of things are happening there except in EBG at peak times.

Yes the game needs a major hverhaul to the population system, but until then I think the best thing would be if everyone just move to kitten and learn to play on the borderlands when EBG is queued… At least until Anet to fix their game mode and population problems.

in WvW

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Love this idea! Would love to see this implemented into the game. Great work bringing this all together Diku, hope anet at least considers this.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Turning WvW into what many of us were hoping for 3+ years ago is the dream. What WvW ended up being after GW2’s release was very disappointing for most of my guild, they were mainly from DAoC / WarHammer etc. They left this game long before HoT and didn’t come back for the expansion. I didn’t try to make them.

But WvW had it’s charms, and was quite enjoyable at times. The players that stayed adapted and created a pretty good server vs server feel. Especially in the upper tiers. It also attracted casuals, etc. WvW could have been much better but it wasn’t utterly broken. Then HoT came out.

Most of the posters here have a much better grasp of WvW’s mechanics and their problems than I do. Hopefully, the devs take a look at their ideas and give them serious consideration. Not all of them are viable by any means, but it is obvious the devs up until now have not had any better ideas.

The fixes I would like to see are not deep into the mechanics. They will not fix WvW’s basic design issues that need to be addressed. But they are still important and have the benefit of being relatively simple (compared to redesigning whole maps etc).

1. Increase rewards. Loot is a big incentive to playing most games. In mmo’s it’s almost a requirement. Having loot drop is good way to populate a map even if the design isn’t very good. Casuals care about loot and they make good filler in maps. Besides, many casuals become dedicated WvW players once they get their feet wet.

2. Reduce the PvE requirements to zero, or at least to pre HoT levels. It boggles the mind that someone thought HoT’s fktastic PvE grind requirements for WvW players were a good idea. PvE should be a choice. It’s not fun when it’s forced.

3. Return the guild abilities to small guilds. Don’t force them to redo content they already worked for. Guild Halls are another issue, but gating buffs, etc behind that craptastic grind is truly a game breaker for WvW.

WvW needs a lot of work. Work that should have been done 3 years ago.

(edited by Grim West.3194)

in WvW

Diku.2546

@SleepingDragon

WvW Desert Borderlands Tweaks
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Desert-Borderlands-Tweaks/first#post5811730

Diku

@Grim West

Pasted a copy of your post to this thread to keep things organized.

WvW Rewards & Titles
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Rewards-Titles/first#post5793396

Wishful thinking, but it’s nice to see the WvW Community coming together in positive support. It’s been a rough road to get to this point.

To others still trying to make a difference…I understand the harsh criticism and negative responses that you’ll receive…this thread didn’t just happen overnight.

It took a lot of hard work…and many brutal & harsh remarks from many players…but stay the course…and keep trying.

Thank you,
Diku

in WvW

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

@SleepingDragon

WvW Desert Borderlands Tweaks
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Desert-Borderlands-Tweaks/first#post5811730

Diku

@Grim West

Pasted a copy of your post to this thread to keep things organized.

WvW Rewards & Titles
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Rewards-Titles/first#post5793396

Wishful thinking, but it’s nice to see the WvW Community coming together in positive support. It’s been a rough road to get to this point.

To others still trying to make a difference…I understand the harsh criticism and negative responses that you’ll receive…this thread didn’t just happen overnight.

It took a lot of hard work…and many brutal & harsh remarks from many players…but stay the course…and keep trying.

Thank you,
Diku

Yep, harsh/brutal remarks come outta nowhere sometimes; some of them are completely unfounded, and most of the more brutal ones appear to have been made without forethought. I’ve had some curiously unexplainable ones on my Exploration Maps thread… people who couldn’t care less whether or not they are added still find it in themselves to troll the conversation, hah.

But good to see you’re still pushing forward with enthusiasm. Will be great if Anet takes a look and at least considers elements of your threads.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

bumped /15 words

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Shadow.3475

Still dont get the globe idea, do that mean if one globe is called SFR then SFR server is allways defending those 4 maps?

in WvW

Diku.2546

@Shadow

You’re correct.

Globe SFR players need to defend all their 4 Maps.

Globe SFR players need to attack other Globes that have 4 Maps.

Globe SFR players at the beginning of the week can choose which 1-3 Globes to attack.

The New Map Mechanic keeps track and Globe SFR players can only attack these 1-3 Globes for the whole week.

ANet can adjust the number of Globes SFR players can attack per week to prevent un-fair matches.

The following week SFR players at the beginning of the week have the number of Globes Choices Reset.

SFR players can pick new target Globes or attack the same Globes. It’s up to each player to pick which Globes they want to attack for the week.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Did you notice that while the population is low and maps unpopular, they have squeezed out this little gem for the second time:

Fixed a bug that allowed contestable keep waypoints to be available for a few seconds in between repel events.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Random Wax Orc.7695

Random Wax Orc.7695

I don’t know what is the best solution for wvw servers and server matching. Something major has to be done, but Anet has been shown even the smallest changes can have a deleterious effect. This proposed change is so global that the consequences of it would be hard to determine, especially when the smallest detail could derail the entire thing.

I assume Anet won’t share its ideas/plans for the wvw overhaul before they are rolled out. This makes evaluating the relative merits of Anet’s plan and this plan impossible. It would be nice if Anet’s wvw team commented about this and wvw in general.

in WvW

Diku.2546

@Shadow

No worries. Let me explain step by step how Globes work from a players viewpoint.

Currently. When you enter WvW. You enter a World Server based map.

You see 4 Maps.

Server A – Owns Green BL
Server B – Owns Red BL
Server C – Owns Blue BL
Shared – Eternal Battle

New Globe. When you enter WvW. You enter a Globe based map.

Globe A
Server A – Owns Green BL
Server A – Owns Red BL
Server A – Owns Blue BL
Shared – Eternal Battle

Globe B
Server B – Owns Green BL
Server B – Owns Red BL
Server B – Owns Blue BL
Shared – Eternal Battle

Globe C
Server C – Owns Green BL
Server C – Owns Red BL
Server C – Owns Blue BL
Shared – Eternal Battle

Globe D – Z
Not going to repeat the above for each Globe

Players from Globe A

Can always fight in their Home Globe A

Can fight in Enemy Globes B-Z

Player Picks Globe B & fights there
Player Picks Globe M & fights there
Player Picks Globe Z & fights there

Player Picks Globe C, but can’t enter it because they’ve reached the Globe limit of 3.

Player can only fight in Globe B, M, Z for the week until the Globe limit resets the following week.

ANet can increase or decrease this Weekly number of Globes a player can go to. The range is 1-3 Globes per week.

ANet can prevent un-fair match-ups by doing this.

Players are free to pick & choose to fight in any Globe up to the Weekly Globe Limit.

Players can meet up with friends on a Shared Enemy Globe & be Allies fighting together.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Diku,

This Bus (this ENORMOUS effort) that you’re driving in an attempt to revamp and save WvW is very, very commendable!

No matter if you make it to your destination or not, I salute you, Sir… for your energy, efforts, compassion, thoroughness and raw determination!

Thank you, sincerely! And I hope you make it!

+1 Supported

Moonlight [THRU]