Nerf Wish list

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

What: Consume Plasma
Why: Thieves are not designed to get boons. Getting boons makes them OP.

Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/sPvP-Consume-Plasma-Overpowered/first#post3588687

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/sPvP-Consume-Plasma-Overpowered/first#post3588687

And i was wondering what other sources of stability we had… clearly too much…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

What: Just…. thieves….. 15%-25% damage nerf amongst many other things
Why: They prevent other direct damage professions from flourishing

Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/sPvP-Thieves-driving-away-damage-dealers/first#post3589021

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

What: Thieves should be revealed when flailing a stealth attack.
Why: Stealth is currently all reward with no risk. It’s easy to land a backstab. Other professions need to be rewarded for thoer superior counterplaying skills.

Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/ALL-Revealed-on-Block-Miss/first

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

What: All these thief forumers touching each other
Why: Its actually turning me on

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

I tried to create a reply to express my opinion in that thread, but my laughter kept interrupting my train of thought.

What: Thief player sense of humor
Why: It prevents them from generating tears to nourish the other classes

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

What: Every nerf in this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Thief-The-Black-Sheep-5-8
There’s too many to list.
Why: I really don’t know why (probably somewhere in the text…), but I think the guy thinks it would be a good redesign and would balance things…

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Tetsuyja.7805

Tetsuyja.7805

What: Every nerf in this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Thief-The-Black-Sheep-5-8
There’s too many to list.
Why: I really don’t know why (probably somewhere in the text…), but I think the guy thinks it would be a good redesign and would balance things…

he should create his own game, because anet will not change anything he wrote and it seems he has a lot of fun creating classes (no sarcastic). in the end both sides are happy

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Originally by: hihey.1075

What: Stealth and Damage
Why: However, everytime I find a thief, no matter what, I just die. And the problem is, I can’t even see him! I just go around, then bam! Dead! I got hit by 18k spikes out of nowhere. And when I see the thief in front of me and I manage to avoid his attack, he will just go in stealth in another gimmicky way and backstab me from behind! I can’t even use my heal, because his burst is on a 0s CD!
Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Thieves-need-nerf

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Imagi.4561

Why: However, everytime I find a thief, no matter what, I just die. And the problem is, I can’t even see him! I just go around, then bam! Dead! I got hit by 18k spikes out of nowhere. And when I see the thief in front of me and I manage to avoid his attack, he will just go in stealth in another gimmicky way and backstab me from behind! I can’t even use my heal, because his burst is on a 0s CD!
Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Thieves-need-nerf

Judging from the build he posted, I’d have to say that thread is just a troll.

#ELEtism

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

Yes it is, but were still allowed to have fun with joke nerf wishes amongst the hordes of ridiculous yet serious nerf suggestions.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Yeah more then likely… But some of the more serious ones i would have thought they were trolls too (chocking gas, 1st page)… Either way all nerfs are welcome!

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Yeah more then likely… But some of the more serious ones i would have thought they were trolls too (chocking gas, 1st page)… Either way all nerfs are welcome!

I’m glad you understand the hardship and the unfairness we (other classes) are going through with thief out of control, outrageous, notorious design, mechanics.

thanks for not being in denial of the Truth

“Doubt, indulged and cherished, is in danger of becoming denial; but if honest, and bent on thorough investigation, it may soon lead to full establishment of the truth”.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Raunchy.6891

Raunchy.6891

This thread is so much troll it’s actually hilarious xD

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

I’m glad you understand the hardship and the unfairness we (other classes) are going through with thief out of control, outrageous, notorious design, mechanics.

thanks for not being in denial of the Truth

“Doubt, indulged and cherished, is in danger of becoming denial; but if honest, and bent on thorough investigation, it may soon lead to full establishment of the truth”.

x.X well aren’t I a nice guy…

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Imagi.4561

Attachments:

#ELEtism

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Originally by: MIrra.3604

What: Heartseeker’s leap finisher through smoke field
Why: Their ability to stack stealth in excess of 10+ secs duration is a bit overwhelming to counter. There are different builds ranging from tank/condi to pure 10K+ BS burst all of which can maintain perma stealth. If you want perma stealth, I expect your BS to hit like a wet noodle. Basically, I want to reduce the “reward” for low risk skills.
Suggestion:
Leap finisher through smoke field gives 2 secs of stealth instead of 3.
Example BP + 3 HS combos:
3*2=6 secs of stealth
3-4 secs used to execute combo
Net gain of 2-3 stealth after complete combo.

VS.

Original BP + 3 HS combos:
3*3=9 secs of stealth
3-4 secs used to execute combo
Net gain of 5-6 secs of stealth after complete of combo.
Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/WvW-Thief-Stealth-Stacking

Attachments:

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Qida.5648

Qida.5648

All the nerfs reminds me of Assassin ’s Shadow Form in GW1..

Nerfed until nothing of the original skill functions remains..

5 years down the road, it would be funny that people see old introduction of the thief skills advertised, but never found them in game.. ending up mistakenly suing anet for false advertising!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Attachments:

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

@Zac
Thank you.

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

What: Basilisk Venom
Why: When I use it, it seems to last for .5 seconds, when they use it, it seems to last for 3 whole seconds and is therefore too stronk

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

What: Basilisk Venom
Why: When I use it, it seems to last for .5 seconds, when they use it, it seems to last for 3 whole seconds and is therefore too stronk

Lmao.. It does seem that way, doesn’kitten

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

What: Traps
Why: cuz Ranger traps look bad compaird to ours.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

What: Whirling Axe (Stolen skill)
Why: It allows thieves to faceroll warriors.
Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Thief-stolen-Whirling-Axe-is-OP

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

We should make a list of the threads where serious nerfs are, in fact, called for.

For instance:

Steal
Consume Plasma
Whirling Axe
Skull Fear
Throw Gunk
Ice Shard Stab
Mace Head Crack

Stealth
Revealed on miss/block/blind/obstruct/etc

Weapon Skills
Backstab
Black Powder

Weapon Sets
Sword/Dagger (2)

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

We should make a list of the threads where serious nerfs are, in fact, called for.

For instance:

Steal
Consume Plasma
Whirling Axe
Skull Fear
Throw Gunk
Ice Shard Stab
Mace Head Crack

Stealth

Weapon Skills
Backstab
Black Powder

Weapon Sets
Sword/Dagger (2)

This is the thread you’re looking for, and these nerfs have found their way in this very thread, just look through them some of the users have linked back to those mentioned threads.

Make no mistake, under the several levels of humor, sarcasm, and mockery, this is a very serious thread. Just think for a split second about it. Even the sarcasm/mockery makes this thread very serious and reflects something (not just that thieves cry…)…

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

What: Stealth is invisible. They should be visible.
Why: Roaming on my mesmer, I stopped to look at the beautiful scenery. Out of nowhere, this mean thief backstabs me. I’d have been prepared if I saw him. If I can see ally thieves when they’re stealthed, I should also be able to see enemy thieves that are stealthed. Then I won’t be caught off guard whenever I go roaming.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: fierotecknics.5961

fierotecknics.5961

What: #3 s/p button. All Thieves should have this key rendered inoperable.
Why: “highly annoying how the actual big damage involves just one skill” “my experience with thieves has never been good” “annoying pests that just permanently dodge you” " ‘spam 3’ can get you in the top 500 soloq easily" http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1zc50j/question_current_sword_meta_for_thief/

for reals yall.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

What: #3 s/p button. All Thieves should have this key rendered inoperable.
Why: “highly annoying how the actual big damage involves just one skill” “my experience with thieves has never been good” “annoying pests that just permanently dodge you” " ‘spam 3’ can get you in the top 500 soloq easily" http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1zc50j/question_current_sword_meta_for_thief/

for reals yall.

Hah. That was in response to my reply to Wolfineer. My reply to that is even funnier, IMO.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: sin.1325

sin.1325

This is great stuff,, iv been playing a thief since beta and I have to say that no class gets hit with the nerf bat more then the thief. And next on the chopping block is crit dmg so bye bye big crit BS. But this stuff is AWSOME I didn’t even know about half this stuff you all are crying about. This thread is going to help me out so much on ideas for my next build after the crit dmg nerf. Thanks guys.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Originally by: gesho.9468

What: No CD on Interrupts
Why: from different thread i just learned thief init skills are not subject to usual 5sec cd once interrupted. eg if you want to disrupt d/p thief’s stealth combo, you interrupt hs, no biggies, thief can still spam hs in the same powder, interrupted hs is not put on 3sec cd, like any other prof skill would. imo thief skills should be subject to the same 3sec interruption cd as anyone else’s. otherwise thief gameplay is largely beyond informed counter.
Suggestion: imo thief skills should be subject to the same 3sec interruption cd as anyone else’s.
Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/pvx-subject-thieves-to-regular-interrupts

(Never mind the fact that we lose init if we miss, and init is sort of like a global CD/resource…. wait that’s too complicated, what am I talking about…)

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Originally by: gesho.9468

What: No CD on Interrupts
Why: from different thread i just learned thief init skills are not subject to usual 5sec cd once interrupted. eg if you want to disrupt d/p thief’s stealth combo, you interrupt hs, no biggies, thief can still spam hs in the same powder, interrupted hs is not put on 3sec cd, like any other prof skill would. imo thief skills should be subject to the same 3sec interruption cd as anyone else’s. otherwise thief gameplay is largely beyond informed counter.
Suggestion: imo thief skills should be subject to the same 3sec interruption cd as anyone else’s.
Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/pvx-subject-thieves-to-regular-interrupts

(Never mind the fact that we lose init if we miss, and init is sort of like a global CD/resource…. wait that’s too complicated, what am I talking about…)

Don’t try to use logic, they don’t hold with that sort of nonsense. Unfounded opinions and personal attacks are always more valuable than any form of cohesive argument on the forum.

What: Logical arguments on forums.
Why: You can’t win an argument against someone that clearly has a better argument than you, logic is therefore OP and needs a nerf.
Suggestion: Ban structured arguments from the forum, unless they contain at least a total of at minimum three logical fallacies, which of course must be the bulk and main premises of the argument.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

@P Fun Daddy

o.O I sense you’re mad at me for something… or it’s misdirected because that reason is an exact copy-paste from the thread linked, so I didn’t even write that, just read it and copied it here (gave credit to him, notice “Originally by: gesho.9468”)

He requested a nerf, I added it to the wish list…
I’m just trying to make the forums a cleaner place, nerf requests for thieves occur very often and sometimes flood the forums, possibly making it harder for developers to read them… so this thread was created to stop the flooding and help the devs.

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

@P Fun Daddy

o.O I sense you’re mad at me for something… or it’s misdirected because that reason is an exact copy-paste from the thread linked, so I didn’t even write that, just read it and copied it here (gave credit to him, notice “Originally by: gesho.9468”)

I’m just trying to make the forums a cleaner place, nerf requests for thieves occur very often and sometimes flood the forums, possibly making it harder for developers to read them… so this thread was created to stop the flooding and help the devs.

What? No, I wasn’t mad, I was trying to make a post in line with the humor of the rest of the thread, sort of trying to chip in to the aside at the end of your post.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

@P Fun Daddy

What? No, I wasn’t mad, I was trying to make a post in line with the humor of the rest of the thread, sort of trying to chip in to the aside at the end of your post.

Wow, that full over my head….

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaYoshi.3429

NinjaYoshi.3429

I have to say, this is a hilarious thread, and I’m an Engie player. So, I figure I might as well add to this thread.

What: Blinding Powder
Why: One time, this Warrior hit me with Kill Shot while he was in stealth because of a Thief, and instant killed me, made my cat bite me, and stole my lunch money.
Suggestion: Make it so that, instead of granting allies stealth for 3 seconds, it gives allies revealed for 3 seconds, because stealth Kill Shots are mean, and make you a bad person.

Ze Butler – Level 80 Human Engineer, and a lot of alts
[YOHO] – Its a Pirate Life for Me

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Pedroso.4603

Pedroso.4603

What: Pistol Whip
Why: Due to their poor childhood, thieves were not able to eat properly and develop strong bodies, thus making it impossible for them to swing a sword so many times with only one arm without getting tired (or even lift the sword in the first place)
Suggestion: Make it so that it requires two thieves together to hold the sword and properly swing it.

(edited by Pedroso.4603)

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

What: Evasion
Why: thief can avoid damage while evading, its not fair.
suggestion: give them wheelchairs, it’s harder to evade in a wheel chair.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

For instance:

Steal
Consume Plasma
Whirling Axe
Skull Fear
Throw Gunk
Ice Shard Stab
Mace Head Crack

Stealth

Weapon Skills
Backstab
Black Powder

Weapon Sets
Sword/Dagger (2)

I had no idea throw gunk was op. May the gods frown upon us, for hiding such secrets…

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

What: The name ‘Thief"
Why: It is the shortest profession to type into the chat and therefore a team can tell their ’thiefs’ to go to point A faster than the opposing team can tell their warriors to go to point A. This is absolutely unfair.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I would like to see this dirty class nerfed heavy in the future.
Not in PvE. In WvW! The overal design is just as terribly OP as Warrior and Ele.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

^sounds like someone has had a rrrrrufffff day

solo cheese engi/ex teef

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: azerte.4365

azerte.4365

Not in PvE. In WvW! The overal design is just as terribly OP as Warrior and Ele.

Ele OP!? 0.o

Schäde – Lolzie
Trillmatic |tM| / Angelic Synergy |Holy|

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Ele OP!? 0.o

Well he cant kill it so it must be OP.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Corpse Flakes.5369

Corpse Flakes.5369

What: The name ‘Thief"
Why: It is the shortest profession to type into the chat and therefore a team can tell their ’thiefs’ to go to point A faster than the opposing team can tell their warriors to go to point A. This is absolutely unfair.

Let’s change the name to Shadow-Heros!

-BelieveGate-

Anet please nerf Paper, Scissors is fine -Rock.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Ele OP!? 0.o

Well he cant kill it so it must be OP.

I do kill most of elementalists. But there is a build I see, it hits 8Ks to me and just fully heals up meanwhile attacking. What happens when I seem like to win the duel?
Ele goes invulnerable, heals fully up, then starts the thing above again…
So that build is seriously overpowered, even if its the only one like ranger’s bunker is/was.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Originally by: Chris.4527

What: Shadow trait line
Why: Too much healing. This makes thieves “god mode” in WvW/PVE roaming/small man groups. Just stealth, reset fight whenever – or just cnd and heal 1500 hp whenever. A year and a half into this game, yet this very broken trait line still exists.
Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Why-hasn-t-S-Arts-been-nerfed-yet

Originally by: LegendaryLukeee.1462

What: Initiative Regen
Why: Hopefully you guys fix when thief’s are chilled they have 66% slower initiative gain. Kinda bs that they are immune to a type of condition.
Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Chill-and-thiefs/first

I’m not sure why I got infracted last time I posted. I’m not mocking anyone or being rude or anything. I’m just collecting all the nerf requests in one place. If you feel that any of what I repost is some how in violation of the terms of conduct, I’ve provided by who it’s originally by and the thread they posted it, feel free to infract them for it.

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I’m not sure why I got infracted last time I posted.

This is serious stuff. Someone from Anet is actually reading this thread.

The majority of the nerf wish was against stealth, yet Anet chose to empower us when revealed. lol.

Talk about reverse-reverse-reverse psychology.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

It probably just means that someone reported the post, and the moderators agreed that it was in violation. They aren’t trolling this thread, in all likelihood.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706