Mace/shield GS build = Overpowered

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Actually you need to man up and go to the duel or stop talking smack.

Not even going to scroll back to read either of your posts, the game provides a clear venue for demonstrating your skills, time to get in the ring.

lol? Who the hell are you?

First of all, this is none of your concern. You have absolutely no business telling me such, especially after openly admitting that you haven’t read any of my posts. Secondly, dueling in a video game does not substitute for a legitimate argument and I have no interest or obligation to play with this person.

Do you have anything else you’d like to get shut down or are you done embarrassing yourself?

in Warrior

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Its funny how everyone is bringing up Thief and mesmers as viable counters. And you STILL need a particular weapon set for it.

What if im a D/D or D/P thief, should I roll over and ide? What if I roll with GS/S/F mes. Same argument. And if I play ele and ranger??

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Its funny how everyone is bringing up Thief and mesmers as viable counters. And you STILL need a particular weapon set for it.

What if im a D/D or D/P thief, should I roll over and ide? What if I roll with GS/S/F mes. Same argument. And if I play ele and ranger??

I don’t know..l2p?

in Warrior

Posted by: Kman.7358

Kman.7358

D/D – Basi venom, CnD, backstab. CnD again for stealth, dancing dagger to cripple.
D/P – Stand in blind field, spam headshot to daze.

Mes is not an argument. If you’re getting caught with a mesmer then it’s for SURE a L2P issue. Elementalists can out heal literally everything with a decent build, and rangers can kite forever along with days of stability.

Appeased -Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
teamriot.org
twitch.tv/teamriottv

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

This thread should be called “The most stupid arguments against warriors”.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

You should read this comment. It basically suggests the devs are trying to achieve exactly what you are arguing against.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Jonathan-Sharp-comment-reply/first#post2483952

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

(edited by Veritas.6071)

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

You should read this comment. It basically suggests the devs are trying to achieve exactly what you are arguing against.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Jonathan-Sharp-comment-reply/first#post2483952

I agree with what he’s saying. Trying to make every weapon set equally viable against every other weapon is impossible. What does work is having some weapon sets/builds that counters another set/build. Mace + GS may be strong vs. the current meta that has a lot of offensive utilities and build fairly glassy, but it’s weak against builds that focus on power, teleports, stealth, etc.

Necros and Engis seem pretty OP because it’s stronger in more situations than most builds, but the fact that Warriors can build to counter those builds. If TPvP teams started to bring a Warrior dedicated to killing Condis and are successful that may force them to run something different or change their team composition to account for that Warrior. Something like switching out a Necro for a Mesmer or Thief that is dedicated to keeping the Warrior off the Condi dealer.

It’s unreasonable to expect a perfect balance where every class has an equal chance against each other. If fact, having certain specs being able to mostly counter others keeps the meta fresh which is something we sorely need now. I hope more big teams start bringing a Mace or Hammer warrior to force some change.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

If this is really that overpowered then just go ahead and make a PVP ONLY nerf to shield or mace none is ever using this combo in pve so that pretty much speak for itself.

in Warrior

Hunter.4783

Here you go, this is why the build is OP, it can wreck people in 1v2 and 1v1 settings. He casually made it home even when 4 people got to him. Im sorry but this is plain OP.

The biggest offenders are signet of healing and poultry soup.

This needs a nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

Here you go, this is why the build is OP, it can wreck people in 1v2 and 1v1 settings. He casually made it home even when 4 people got to him. Im sorry but this is plain OP.

This needs a nerf

2 up-levels, a pistol thief with no condi damage, and a guardian who can’t keep up? He isn’t even taking any damage. Healing Signet isn’t to blame, his opponents are.

The other fights were against backpedaling necros and mesmers who used GS in melee range… these were bad players… who knows what their builds looked like…

Signet and Lemongrass may or may not be OP, but this video proves nothing.

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

(edited by Veritas.6071)

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

Oh for the love of Balthazar why did this thread get resurrected….CRAP I just became a accomplice.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Fenrir.5493

Terrible players on that video, i guess they dont do pvp at all.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Warrior

Hunter.4783

Bullkitten. Check the last fight, vs 4 people. No matter how skilled you are you can’t hope to troll around wvw with that many people wailing at you and coming out unscathed. Do you understand that any of his opponent in 1v1 STOOD NO CHANCE?

Its 1 thing to be able to beat someone 1v1, its another when your opponent might as well drop dead. Don’t be so biased please. 550hp/sec regen on signet of healing is OP no matter how look at it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Bullkitten. Check the last fight, vs 4 people. No matter how skilled you are you can’t hope to troll around wvw with that many people wailing at you and coming out unscathed. Do you understand that any of his opponent in 1v1 STOOD NO CHANCE?

Its 1 thing to be able to beat someone 1v1, its another when your opponent might as well drop dead. Don’t be so biased please. 550hp/sec regen on signet of healing is OP no matter how look at it.

I kill warriors NP on my necro, hell 2 warriors NP and im pretty freaking bad on my necro.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

I kill warriors NP on my necro, hell 2 warriors NP and im pretty freaking bad on my necro.

IT’S TRUE! I SEENT IT!!!

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

This needs a nerf

oh we talking wvw then?

you could just:
1) use rare vegie pizza (cheaper than the soup wars have to use and completely negates its effects)
2) dodge the stun
3) use a stun break
4) stop playing upleveled characters: seriously, anyone can kill an upleveled character, they take like 2x the damage

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

(edited by Tammuz.7361)

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

So yah, what I saw in that was a lot of people using their skills poorly and the video cutting out when he probably died. As someone who likes to edit I could take clips of me smashing poor players on any build and edit it in in such a way that it would look OP and it wouldn’t be hard. Cherry-picked clips vs players that for the most part DIDN’T have food while he did proves nothing.

Your view on this seems to be in the minority because the only place you see Warriors frequently is SoloQ and I’m going to guess it’s because people just want to try them out just like everyone was a Necro or Spirit….owait there are still tons of those and you see them more often it Tourneys…odd.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Posted by: Sanny.1270

Sanny.1270

The stun duration is to long for being on such a short CD… all the counters being said on how to avoid it can be said about anything in this game, if that was the case to simply d/r, blind, stun break, use stability, ect ect nothing in this game should ever be nerf’d.

Regardless if Anet nerf’s it or not, i know i’ll continue to use and abuse it for as long as its viable to do so.

Second To God ~ 80 Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/user/T3hSanny

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

It was my video, and of you check the thread I added a description that I was merely showcasing sustain-and dmg with hammer. Doesn’t matter if they are up leveled or not, had I had mending or healing surge I would have dropped significantly quicker. And in the one clip I had a scout/guard on me +necro and Mesmer, up leveled or not they still do damage and I was taking none. I don’t even have any points in defense against guards. I didn’t edit anything.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

550hp/s healing? Are you blind? Trolling? Trying to exaggerate to prove a point? His signet is healing 411 during the video.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in Warrior

Fenrir.5493

550hp/s healing? Are you blind? Trolling? Trying to exaggerate to prove a point? His signet is healing 411 during the video.

He is.

in Warrior

Hunter.4783

Don’t forget adrenal health ticking at 150hp/sec at full adrenaline. And we all know adrenaline comes easy at lvl 80 and 30 points in discipline.

in Warrior

Posted by: mickers.2715

mickers.2715

Its so predictable and easy to avoid. I bet warriors would still beat the people who are complaining even with a 50% extra cd on mace skill and halving its duration.

in Warrior

dank.3680

Don’t forget adrenal health ticking at 150hp/sec at full adrenaline. And we all know adrenaline comes easy at lvl 80 and 30 points in discipline.

Adrenal healing ticks every 3seconds not one second. And he is continuously using his burst skills for the hammer stun, so is spending very little time with full Adrenaline.

in Warrior

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Adrenal healing ticks every 3seconds not one second. And he is continuously using his burst skills for the hammer stun, so is spending very little time with full Adrenaline.

Yes, adrenal health every three secs, but then for 382,5 points or more. This are 127,5+ Points per sec.

So adrenal healing (128) + the signet (467 Points) heals you for 595+ Points every sec.

This based all on only 150 Healing Power.

The signet has a to low cd for this high healrate.
A heal of 7840 with 0 Points in HP within 20 sec, make it to the strongest healskill in this game.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

in Warrior

dank.3680

Yes, adrenal health every three secs, but then for 360 points or more. This are 120+ Points per sec.

So adrenal healing + the signet heals you for 500+ Points every sec.

I’ll grant you that.. But again, in the video he was commenting on, the warrior spent almost no time at all with full Adrenaline (except when he was running away into his spawn). Any warrior actively fighting is using his burst skills and not reliably getting the full effect of Adrenal Healing.

in Warrior

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Yes, adrenal health every three secs, but then for 360 points or more. This are 120+ Points per sec.

So adrenal healing + the signet heals you for 500+ Points every sec.

Just stop, you don’t know how violent these guys get when you start doing math. Save yourself the trouble and run away as fast as you can.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bogy.2953

Bogy.2953

This needs a nerf

wow you have downs

the war has at least 20 in defense as well as 3 defense utilities and most likely def runes/food

he is fighting 2 up levels who for all we know are lvl 2 with white equipment a guard who cant even keep up to dmng him he just happens to be there doing nothing lol and a condi necro that the war has speced against

all this proves is that those 4 people are newbs

the fact that you think this is evidence that war is op just shows you don’t know any of the game mechanics in wvw or how gw2 combat works at all

(edited by Bogy.2953)

in Warrior

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

This needs a nerf

wow you have downs

the war has at least 20 in defense as well as 3 defense utilities and most likely def runes/food

he is fighting 2 up levels who for all we know are lvl 2 with white equipment a guard who cant even keep up to dmng him he just happens to be there doing nothing lol and a condi necro that the war has speced against

the fact that you think this is evidence that war is op just shows you don’t know any of the game mechanics in wvw or how gw2 combat works at all

Or the warrior is to strong.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Warrior

Bogy.2953

This needs a nerf

wow you have downs

Or the warrior is to strong.

cause we all know lvl 2 in white gear that are upleveled pressing 1 do so much dmng right?

in Warrior

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

300 HP which he has in the video, 407/s from Signet and 396/3s or 132/s from Adrenal Health.

This is boosted by WvW heal bonus.

1 Necro is enough to melt a warrior, obvious bads are obvious like in this thread.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Who would have guessed the folks who have been proven to have a gross misunderstanding of game mechanics would post a video “proving” that this build is OP, only to have said video be complete trash?

I would have guessed it. I did, to myself, then it happened.

Moving right along.

Ahahahhaa, I just watched it. I would be embarrassed if I used any videos like this proving any of my points that I’ve ever made about this game.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Yes! Let’s nerf a build that is semi-useful in tpvp and spvp at most because
of wvw, which we all know is completely balanced at all!

edit: No, i don’t run this build. I did, however try it out and can confirm that
with food the healing is good but you are trading that in for no active healing
and even if you use the signett, you won’t be getting healed for 20 seconds and all that for ~3,5k. yay!

Plus, if the warrior goes with healing food, he is very vulnerable to being kited
due to no ranged options. Keep chilled/cripple applied and /lol as you
stomp him.

(edited by Crovax.7854)

in Warrior

Posted by: Tsezar.6950

Tsezar.6950

wow guys you rly are so….. against any good player who actually dodges or evades all those stuns or use massive stabilty he cant do anything.. and the problem in this video is not the warrior build and stuff its the enemy players(totaly wrong buiild. wrong gear probably all less then 3k armor and no skill)… i bet he had more running away or lose scenes in 1vsX then the wins a 1vsX.. if ppl dont learn how to play maybe we want to make this game an easy game for all the noobs which play in gw2? there you go esports

in few months/weeks ppl know how to counter it.. same was with the thiefs.. all qqed about them know they are so easy to beat because all ppl know how to fight them. same will happen to this warrior build

I PLay Without Hands To Have [Fun]

How many Dzagonurs and Gunnars do you need to kill me? Over 9000!!

(edited by Tsezar.6950)

in Warrior

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

Always the same story.
Everyone thinks class/profession X is too strong.
People who play X think everyone else is a noob and needs to l2p.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Warrior

Posted by: Tsezar.6950

Tsezar.6950

Always the same story.
Everyone thinks class/profession X is too strong.
People who play X think everyone else is a noob and needs to l2p.

thats called Dunning Kruger effect

I PLay Without Hands To Have [Fun]

How many Dzagonurs and Gunnars do you need to kill me? Over 9000!!

in Warrior

Hunter.4783

Kinda funny because when I am fighting people in wvw, even bads, they still manage to drop me at 50% health or so depending on the class, and I still have to try. Even on my thief or guard I still have to pay attention because not everyone is as bad as they appear.

This guy, he might as well stand there and take it for a good 2 min before he is at 50% life. If you think this is fine, you are delusional.

Allyour comments so far consists of either “he is fighting nubs” or “he is fighting uplvled”
The former MAY be true but still does not justify the fact the warrior takes no dmg the entire time and is able to escape from 4 people while never dropping below 50% health.
The later comment is downright false because he was fighting lvl 80s PLUS upleveled people at the same time. heck the first guy he fights is an 80 necro.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I’ve run away in a similar fashion on a glass canon SD engg build. I was even surprised that I did it, but that’s what can happen in WvW.

That hiding in the base thing wasn’t impressive at all, it should’ve been left out of the video.

in Warrior

Bogy.2953

Kinda funny because when I am fighting people in wvw, even bads, they still manage to drop me at 50% health or so depending on the class, and I still have to try. Even on my thief or guard I still have to pay attention because not everyone is as bad as they appear.

This guy, he might as well stand there and take it for a good 2 min before he is at 50% life. If you think this is fine, you are delusional.

Allyour comments so far consists of either “he is fighting nubs” or “he is fighting uplvled”
The former MAY be true but still does not justify the fact the warrior takes no dmg the entire time and is able to escape from 4 people while never dropping below 50% health.
The later comment is downright false because he was fighting lvl 80s PLUS upleveled people at the same time. heck the first guy he fights is an 80 necro.

he is fighting a condi necro when he is running a anti condi build and for all we know those up levels are lvl 2 with all white gear n there not doing kitten but pressing one ,seriously how are so kittening stupid

in Warrior

Posted by: Sanny.1270

Sanny.1270

The video although not to flame the creator as myself and many of my friends make pvp videos and i enjoy watching others and they do take some effort to make, is not a good representation when you have sub 80’s in it imo, id cut out the sub 80’s and just stick to lvl 80’s either 1v1 or 1vX’s only as it gives you the best opportunity to showcase, may they be good players or bad but its as even as it can get when they are the same lvl as you in WvW. only other option is to duel

Its like making a build for Tpvp and recording it in action just doing hot joins to promote its viability. To give a better point/showcasing would to be recording team tourneys to replicate as best a competitive/even setting as possible for example.

Second To God ~ 80 Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/user/T3hSanny

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

i can’t believe this thread is still going on. these guys are still not embarrassed enough?

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

Fenrir.5493

Kinda funny because when I am fighting people in wvw, even bads, they still manage to drop me at 50% health

Very funny indeed.

Attachments:

in Warrior

dank.3680

Whats funny is if I was fighting those 4 “bads” in the video on my Mesmer I most likely would have kill them all and not gotten close to 50% hp. WITHOUT running into spawn 10 times..

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

This post is so good when it hits the lips. People you decide are “bads” get you to 50% health and you still have to try. The first guy he fights “is an 80 necro”, except that’s about all you can say about the s-keying bad-spam that was that first fight.

I’ve escaped from a zerg of 10 people before. There’s absolutely no reason those 4 shouldn’t have been able to catch a M+Sh/Hammer warrior. None. Hell, one of the Warriors had a Sword MH, and he couldn’t catch him.

Just…. mmmmnumnumnumnumnum.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Sigil of Paralization just needs nerfed, or looked at in pvp/pve.

Or completely disabled in spvp.

Warrior’s don’t need nerfs, and the stuns effect every class.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Hunter.4783

Whats funny is if I was fighting those 4 “bads” in the video on my Mesmer I most likely would have kill them all and not gotten close to 50% hp. WITHOUT running into spawn 10 times..

Aren’t you posting on the wrong forums then?

in Warrior

Hunter.4783

This post is so good when it hits the lips. People you decide are “bads” get you to 50% health and you still have to try. The first guy he fights “is an 80 necro”, except that’s about all you can say about the s-keying bad-spam that was that first fight.

I’ve escaped from a zerg of 10 people before. There’s absolutely no reason those 4 shouldn’t have been able to catch a M+Sh/Hammer warrior. None. Hell, one of the Warriors had a Sword MH, and he couldn’t catch him.

This is called game balance bro, unless someone is a lvl 2 uplvled nub there is no way you can get out of a fight unscathed. Look at the video again, notice the insane regen on the warrior. You can’t tell me its balanced

in Warrior

Fenrir.5493

Sigil of Paralization just needs nerfed, or looked at in pvp/pve.

Or completely disabled in spvp.

Warrior’s don’t need nerfs, and the stuns effect every class.

It dosent, what people needs is to learn to use stun breakers.

in Warrior

dank.3680

Aren’t you posting on the wrong forums then?

No.. I’ve listed my 5 active characters in my signature long ago. Wow, would ya look at that I play a Warrior also..

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

This is called game balance bro, unless someone is a lvl 2 uplvled nub there is no way you can get out of a fight unscathed. Look at the video again, notice the insane regen on the warrior. You can’t tell me its balanced

Kinda like the insane heals/boons on guardians and eles? Or the insane every 8 second teleportation on a mesmer?

How about the insane perma/repeated stealth thieves and being able to do everything from stealth while staying stealthed?

Unlimited teleports/stun breakers for thiev’es shadow step on a weapon skill with zero cool down?

Mist form stomps? Aegis stomps? Shadowstep stomps? Stealth stomps and reviving?

Yea..how bad can you be to lose to the worst pvp class in the game..I know..very bad..