Warrior Torch Hype (Discuss!)

in Warrior

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

lol “hype” i was looking forward to “berserker” but now..eh..if this specialization revolves around condi dmg i am done with warrior and moving to rev.

Kinda unfair considering some other classes seem like a direct upgrade..looking at you mesmer and necros… and warrior..ehh…but i am guessing too early..POI shall decide the fate of my warrior.

I would hold off on calling them a direct upgrade. Reaper is quite slow, so it is actually a less powerful option compared with the rest of the profession atm (will have to see how the changes move the Reaper around). Dragonhunter and Tempest as well are just new playstyles. I heard the Chronomancer was a little too strong, so I expect them to dial that back. As a lot of people say, they are not supposed to be direct upgrades, ArenaNet knows that (hopefull) because that will upset the balance of the game and limit build diversity.

You mean lat the last trait patch?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Warrior

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

I guess. I believe we’ll get a bonfire though, because a single fire field isn’t really enough to take advantage of the GM trait Powerful Synergy. The Throw Torch could be anything, even a simple melee hit, which would either blind or burn.

A firefield isn’t out of the question, I’d probably expect it, but I doubt it will be a bonfire. Like I said, that’s a literal copy of the ranger torch.

Like, literally: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bonfire

And as much as I like the ranger bonfire, the skill itself is a bit.. bland compared to the skills the elite specs are getting.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Who cares? * left clicking on Rampage *

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Oh torch! This is surely more useful than… emm… no, bare hands are useful too… well, right, this is PIECE OF CRAP.

What… you’d prefer a dagger or pistol in your off-hand ?

LOL

I mostly certainly would

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I had so much hope – Torch just feels so wrong.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: meeflak.9714

meeflak.9714

Oh torch! This is surely more useful than… emm… no, bare hands are useful too… well, right, this is PIECE OF CRAP.

What… you’d prefer a dagger or pistol in your off-hand ?

LOL

I mostly certainly would

Jesus.. well done !!

All professions lvl 80. x2 elementalist
main Druid ~~Adalyn Del Rayna~~ [SIGH]
[Ehmry Bay]

in Warrior

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

lol “hype” i was looking forward to “berserker” but now..eh..if this specialization revolves around condi dmg i am done with warrior and moving to rev.

Kinda unfair considering some other classes seem like a direct upgrade..looking at you mesmer and necros… and warrior..ehh…but i am guessing too early..POI shall decide the fate of my warrior.

What’s with people giving up their class because one new line isn’t what they want? You really think Revenant is going to fix all of your issues? If so, no need to even wait on Berserker news…

Also, none of them are direct upgrades. Reaper was actually far worse than standard Cele Ele last BWE, and Chronomancer is only super powerful due to broken mechanics. It had just as much likeliness of being OP as any other trait line, and in fact, Chronomancer wouldn’t be anything if not for other very powerful trait lines that synergies so well with it.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Warrior

Posted by: Omega Zoa.3859

Omega Zoa.3859

What’s with people giving up their class because one new line isn’t what they want? You really think Revenant is going to fix all of your issues? If so, no need to even wait on Berserker news…

Also, none of them are direct upgrades. Reaper was actually far worse than standard Cele Ele last BWE, and Chronomancer is only super powerful due to broken mechanics. It had just as much likeliness of being OP as any other trait line, and in fact, Chronomancer wouldn’t be anything if not for other very powerful trait lines that synergies so well with it.

I now understand how eles felt with warhorn..its mainly because the SOUND of torch is “come on now” is best i can describe it as. I know that elites are are suppose to add something new to a class, i know this, but as mentioned before i am judging merely on one image and will deliver my final verdict on the POI, who knows..we could get something as fun as mesmers with their shield…right?…guys….ill go now.

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Atticus.7194

Atticus.7194

Bleh, don’t like the direction the berserker looks to be headed, just having a watered down version of necromancer states that consumes adrenaline is pretty much the most literal way possible ArenaNet could have made this elite spec. I mean “hit stuff till you’re angry enough then go berserk” has been done and done and done again, there’s nothing creative or interesting or new about it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

Haven’t read the entire thread, but I just want a smoke field or something so I can keep my sword and stealth and burst someone bwhahahhah

Buzzed/drunk posting I just jinxed the warrior profession ????

in Warrior

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

The torch and the new taunt ability has to be related. I’m calling it now, the new elite specialization of warriors is Well Lit Target Practice, because you know, he is carrying a torch to illuminate his position and he wants enemies to target him.

Anvil Rockers Unite!

in Warrior

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

I, for one, am pretty happy with torch. I was afraid to get something lame and out of theme like pistol or dagger and play a spec called “buccaneer”, lol. Staff would have been my preference, but I’ll be more than happy to go home with a torch in my off-hand.

Anyway, I’m expecting supportive skills from torch since it seems to be the theme with the elite specializations. Something that buffs yourself and allies with new boons we didn’t have access to. (ie Protection, please please please let us have Protection!) Or, since we seem to be getting access to taunt, maybe something a bit more offensive like putting a fire field around you and then AoE taunt so your foes are forced to walk in your fire unless they break taunt. You could do that offensively OR supportively (ie: to save a teammate) so I think it would fit the warrior’s theme nicely of being the more “aggressive” heavy armor user while still getting supportive and defensive stuff.

However, as far as off-hands go, it’s going to be hard to separate me from my shield, so I’m more interested into the berserk mechanics and everything surrounding it than the torch itself.

(edited by Bearhugger.4326)

in Warrior

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

long sigh….

meh good for roaming I suppose, or a selfish group build.
Will have to see what the new traits and utility skills look like.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in Warrior

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I am actually very excited for torch, I am sure it will work very well with my condi/hybrid type build which uses sword/shield + longbow. I will probably change to sword/torch + axe/shield so I can still show off my legendary shield, but i was doing map completion for the second time so I could get the legendary of my warrior’s new weapon (it is the only class I play) and Rodgort is a very nice skin which will look very good on my warrior.
As far as the skills it gets go, I don’t really care because I choose my weapons for the skins rather than how useful They are most of the time, but as some have been saying, a smoke field would be very nice for stealth and then in dungeons I will finally feel like I am actually doing something for the group (banners do not make me feel like I am helping very much) like providing stealth to get past some places.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in Warrior

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Looking at that torch skill a second time I realize +33% attack speed… With axe mainhand that would be absolutely brutal.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

I hope we get to physically beat people with the torch. It would be fun and sadistic at the same time.

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Looking at that torch skill a second time I realize +33% attack speed… With axe mainhand that would be absolutely brutal.

Not really. It just doesn’t do enough damage and gets kited to hell and back. Even if you had perma frenzy on axe it would still be bad. That’s just how broken this game is.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

A true warrior will never play condi, warrior is the fairest class in the game and doesnt need to go easy cheap condition damage, thats why i would never play bow warrior, i only want go DPS! So i hope that torch wont have any burning noob condition skill.

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

A true warrior will never play condi, warrior is the fairest class in the game and doesnt need to go easy cheap condition damage, thats why i would never play bow warrior, i only want go DPS! So i hope that torch wont have any burning noob condition skill.

is this a joke or…? fairest class in.. the game?

Highest armor?
2nd highest mobility?
Highest Health?
Passive Healing?

btw DPS means damage per second, which is exactly what condi does.

since you hate condi so much im sure you dont use vuln stacks or cripple or immo.

Is this a real post????

in Warrior

Posted by: thaniretouni.4762

thaniretouni.4762

is this a joke or…? fairest class in.. the game?

Highest armor?
2nd highest mobility?
Highest Health?
Passive Healing?

btw DPS means damage per second, which is exactly what condi does.

since you hate condi so much im sure you dont use vuln stacks or cripple or immo.

Is this a real post????

Warrior has the same armor as guardian or the upcoming revenenant. Warrior has the same health pool as a necromancer, plus he has 67% more using the shroud even without using it more than once in a fight which i unlikely. Guadian has more passive healing than warrior and ranger is pretty close as well plus his pet. His mobility is indeed on of the best out there, but is much more predictable than thief’s or ele’s. Additionally, warrior has no stealth or blinks or blinds, which are much more tricky mechanics. Last but not least, warrior has only a few ways of blocking, while other classes have many invulnerability effects or blocks. Ofc, warrior is a fair and square class. The only advantage he has is his hammer’s CCs some of his stances and the
his fast weapon swaps if he goes discipline which is something that most warriors run!

in Warrior

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Warrior at least is not cheesy like D/D Celestial Ele or PU Mesmer, team fights or not…

in Warrior

Posted by: zaneber.6908

zaneber.6908

Guess I will wait for more info before I judge it. BUT I can totally see zerker taking a big swig of alcohol and breathing fire!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

I am waiting as well…note, that does not mean I am excited, hopeful, or pleased with this…just that I am willing to wait to see if somehow this can be salvaged in some way.

I am waiting to see what falls out when we shake the tree…I thought we had Bezerker enough with “Rampage”(before the last nerf)…but that’s just me…

<…wanders off grumbling about 2 handed battle axes(they’re part of a costume), and why weren’t they added as REAL weapons(THEY’RE PART OF A COSTUME!), and agreeing that D/D Cele Ele and PU Mesmers are total cheese…>

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaser.2870

Chaser.2870

I saw that picture like this.

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

only because the warrior is black….. such racism…

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

I saw that picture like this.

There is better one on reddit. It even has a skill called “hundred roses”

Attachments:

obey me

in Warrior

Posted by: Lagg.3960

Lagg.3960

Olaf, Berserker. Come on, Berserker! Girl thinks sexy.

“MY LOVE FOR YOU IS LIKE A TRUCK
BERSERKER
WOULD YOU LIKE SOME MAKING F
BERSERKER”

That’s beautiful, man.

Hey, I just bash you, and this is frenzy,
But here’s my Wammo, so heal me maybe?

(edited by Lagg.3960)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

No pistol m/hand option, can forget about my Charr Enforcer using Pistol&Shield… :’(

in Warrior

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Condition damage is quite literally DPS. And in this game, “fair” is only defined by how well you play within the rules of the game. If you think it’s “unfair” to be beaten by someone that uses conditions, you are setting yourself up for a lot of disappointment.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in Warrior

Posted by: Cortano.5419

Cortano.5419

the fairest class in the game

in this game, “fair” is only defined

I think fair in this context is defined more along the lines of “Mirror, Mirror on the wall…” not “Cricket”…

in Warrior

Posted by: Cortano.5419

Cortano.5419

Speculation on the skills:

Heal: Stun yourself for 3 seconds and add 20 stacks of vulnerability. If you survive for 3 seconds, you are fully healed and gain all buffs for 10 seconds.

Utility 1: Every 2 seconds, set yourself on fire. Set your allies on fire. Set all objects within 600 meters on fire. All enemies are set on fire. Twice. All engineers on the opposing team with bomb, grenade or flamethrowers explode and die horribly. No saving throw.

Utility 2: Sacrifice a team mate to gain of 10 stacks of strength, fury, speed and stability for all other team members within 600m.

Utility 3: Cut yourself. All enemies think you are creepy. and weird. and find someone else to fight. notice the synergy with the heal

Elite:
Consume the soul of any downed player to gain strength. That player can not be rezzed for an hour. If the player is on your team, the bonus is permanent.

in Warrior

Amineo.8951

Speculation on the skills:

Heal: Stun yourself for 3 seconds and add 20 stacks of vulnerability. If you survive for 3 seconds, you are fully healed and gain all buffs for 10 seconds.

Utility 1: Every 2 seconds, set yourself on fire. Set your allies on fire. Set all objects within 600 meters on fire. All enemies are set on fire. Twice. All engineers on the opposing team with bomb, grenade or flamethrowers explode and die horribly. No saving throw.

Utility 2: Sacrifice a team mate to gain of 10 stacks of strength, fury, speed and stability for all other team members within 600m.

Utility 3: Cut yourself. All enemies think you are creepy. and weird. and find someone else to fight. notice the synergy with the heal

Elite:
Consume the soul of any downed player to gain strength. That player can not be rezzed for an hour. If the player is on your team, the bonus is permanent.

Considering ANet Job at balancing stuff, this seems legit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Wow i took a nap and had a dream about this Elite Specialization. Was owning everything in my way… wow then i woke up… ;^(

in Warrior

Posted by: nanomidgy.9180

nanomidgy.9180

I’m really excited and actually had a feeling it wld be a torch! ^^

Of all the weps in the game, apart from what we already have, torch is the most fitting one for warrior imo, semi-melee and none magical.

I have always loved condi or dot builds in any game so I’m looking forward to Longbow/Sword + torch meta for pve! HYPE!

in Warrior

Posted by: Markin.9167

Markin.9167

Torch seems good for cond espec, lets see those burns tick

in Warrior

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Torch seems good for cond espec, lets see those burns tick

Real curious as to what a “Rage” heal would be that would be different than Healing surge (generates adrenaline already)… Hm..

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Warrior

Atticus.7194

Torch could have been cool but not with the skills we got.

Ranged cripple with nice animation, we already have 5 of those warriors don’t need anymore.

Cleansing conditions with fire, thanks but elementalists and guardians both have skills that do the exact same thing.

There is just nothing that’s really new with this elite spec at all that I see, just minor updates passed off as major changes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Atticus do your research. Us guardians only get to take conditions off others with our torch and its a crummy move we’ve repeatedly complained about. We would all gladly roll a thief just to steal your torch

in Warrior

Atticus.7194

Atticus do your research. Us guardians only get to take conditions off others with our torch and its a crummy move we’ve repeatedly complained about. We would all gladly roll a thief just to steal your torch

How about you do some research, how is that smiting conditions and purging flames working out for you? Enjoying clearing conditions with flame? Yea, I thought so. My point was that clearing conditions “with flame” is nothing new at all, guards and elementalists both have skills that do this exact thing the only difference is warriors have it tied to a weapon skill.

in Warrior

Amineo.8951

How about you do some research, how is that smiting conditions and purging flames working out for you? Enjoying clearing conditions with flame? Yea, I thought so. My point was that clearing conditions “with flame” is nothing new at all, guards and elementalists both have skills that do this exact thing the only difference is warriors have it tied to a weapon skill.

Stop complaining about Guardian and Elem, you haven’t seen Berserker in action yet while we saw DH and Tempest which both were incredibly bad in many aspects…

in Warrior

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Warrior will be helpful lighting the way in dark dungeons, Or failing that at least he will have something to light his cigarette.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Torch could have been cool but not with the skills we got.

Ranged cripple with nice animation, we already have 5 of those warriors don’t need anymore.

Cleansing conditions with fire, thanks but elementalists and guardians both have skills that do the exact same thing.

There is just nothing that’s really new with this elite spec at all that I see, just minor updates passed off as major changes.

Fire Field that is Centered on the Warrior and Moves with him.

Completely new mechanic that could end up making your day as it won’t lock the Warrior to a certain area to use it. Almost all of the Warrior’s weapons have Combo Finishers of some sort. Sword and Axe Leaps (Powerful Synergy says Hi!), Hammer Blast and Whirl, Greatsword Projectile and Whirl, and that’s without mentioning Utility Skills. Torch has got a lot going for itself right now.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

in Warrior

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’m getting more and more hyped about this after realizing a Sword/Torch Greatsword Celestial Berserker would probably be pretty awesome for WvW roaming.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma