Blocked/Suspended/Terminated -- Player Comments

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: AndroidClone.1706

AndroidClone.1706

Why on Earth would ArenaNet? I’m sure they have talented people working for them… this shouldn’t be this big of an issue.

Because in the fine print, of the fine print NCSoft states that:;

“Whether or not You wish to terminate an Account, NCsoft may at any time or for any reason, both of which shall be conclusively determined in the sole and absolute discretion of NCsoft, modify or delete Your Account as well as any other Account, NCsoft Message Board ID, Character ID, Team, and/or characteristics related to a Character ID. Unless NCsoft terminates due to breach of this agreement by You, You will be entitled to a refund for any unused purchased Gems that cannot be used and/or spent as a result of the termination by sending a refund request to the Notice Contact.”

Translation, they can boot you for any or no reason. I sure it’s more of a disclaimer than a issue of NCSoft or Arena.Net trying to screw over the regular old Joe. Hopefully they’ll have our accounts back up before the week is over.

Posted by: squall.7093

squall.7093

My account is finally restored just a few minutes ago, i received the mail and i could log in. Thank you very much and good luck to all the others.

Congratulations! Enjoy the game. I hope to be able to say I’m back on soon, as well!

AndroidClone.1706

i got hit when i woke up and started playing roughly 3 hours ago, man it does kind of suck though, maybe they should have done a better job with their automated bot banner ^^

There are two ways to better deal with getting rid of the bots.

1. Do not allow players to trade/send gold to each other.
This probably will piss off some players.

2. Make gold easier to obtain.
Probably hurt NCSoft’s $$$ income, so I’m sure that’s not an option.

Posted by: Dark Revan.7634

Dark Revan.7634

i got hit when i woke up and started playing roughly 3 hours ago, man it does kind of suck though, maybe they should have done a better job with their automated bot banner ^^

There are two ways to better deal with getting rid of the bots.

1. Do not allow players to trade/send gold to each other.
This probably will piss off some players.

2. Make gold easier to obtain.
Probably hurt NCSoft’s $$$ income, so I’m sure that’s not an option.

It’s not that simple though, for #1. The transaction could be done via different methods, like putting a crap item on TP for a ridiculous amount and then the gold seller would buy that item for the agreed gold amount.

#2: Even if a-net made gold easier to obtain there is a big problem in doing so, inflation. If everyone has a lot of gold then the price for rare thing on TP would sky rocket even further since gold would lose value.

Dark Revan.7634

Regarding the false bans there are things that worry me, apart from obviously worrying if I will ever see my account restored to me there is also the issue that people are ~still~ getting banned. They need to stop banning ASAP and focus on fixing whatever is cause of these false bans!

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

My account is finally restored just a few minutes ago, i received the mail and i could log in. Thank you very much and good luck to all the others.

How long did it take from your initial ban and ticket submission to account restoration?

I had 2 accounts banned. Both had the message for botting. After someone mentioned earlier that their message changed to the unauthorized access one, I went to check mine. One still has the botting message up and the other has changed to the unauthorized access. I filed tickets for both of these Friday night after the daily reset.

(edited by Moderator)

AndroidClone.1706

I got banned today too. Hopefully, they’ll restore my account soon!

Posted by: Rorschach.2397

Rorschach.2397

I would really love to get my account back, I have some guild events coming up and I would really love to take part in that new event.

Posted by: icewyrm.5038

icewyrm.5038

So the status of my account changed from “permanently closed” to “suspended”, which I imagine means the ban is being reviewed. It’s been 3 days which seems to be the average turn around time.

On the plus side, if my account is still banned come this weekend I can at least get my buddy to “invite a friend” me so I can play on a new alt :/

Posted by: LadyFreeze.8602

LadyFreeze.8602

So since we are not allowed to “discuss” ANET’s screw up – what are we supposed to do create our own website for the venting? I would think having us here where they could see what is said would be better then having it aired publicly.

Posted by: Bazookakitty.1598

Bazookakitty.1598

I and two others in my guild were kicked off and banned for botting, at 7pm today. We were in a zerg in Orr. I had only logged in for five mins and joined in the zerg which my friends were in. As we were killing the boss event that formed out side town, the computer went black, and I could hear my friends who were on mumble with me complain about the same thing. Tried to re log and got an account terminated message. I have submitted a ticket and have yet to hear back from them. I wanted to know if anyone else was “account terminated” for absolutely no reason. And no we were not botting and never have.

Tryphonus 80

(edited by Bazookakitty.1598)

AndroidClone.1706

i have played 6 years gw1 never banned i play fair
and now i em for no reason banned from gw2 I can not understand that how it can happed

Same as me. Guild wars for years, and Aion was also without issues.

Dark Revan.7634

So since we are not allowed to “discuss” ANET’s screw up – what are we supposed to do create our own website for the venting? I would think having us here where they could see what is said would be better then having it aired publicly.

I’m sure they want you to keep posting here, I have had 4 or 5 of my posts moderated from this thread, I don’t feel I was particular insulting in fact I would say I wasn’t insulting at all and the comments I made were related and on topic to what is going on here but ok I don’t care as long as I get my account back.

For venting I guess a new thread could be created? I don’t know if it is allowed but if it was then surely posts won’t be moderated there when I say that I find this whole mess to be the work of someone incompetent.

EDIT: Either way I will be leaving the forums until tomorrow unless I get an e-mail where I have been given my rightful account back. Good luck to everyone waiting!

(edited by Dark Revan.7634)

Posted by: karrak.3598

karrak.3598

121109-002852.
I still don´t know why I got suspended account. WTH is that account issue? For kitten. Whats the problem with that company. Let your clients here to talk of your problem all in same topic. If you open another, the moderator have time to move you to here but no one can talk what happen with my account. Thats insane! Im starting become a mad my patience gone. I want any information, any update, anything. And I think no one from support look this topic. ArenaNet have only 58 complaints… only here have more than 9000 in last 3 days. And the ppl who don´t speak english? its so much more than we can imagine. Its not right what Anet doing with us. Why the Hell I was suspended? No one know, no one talk with me. Just the moderator PM me telling he moved my other topics. PUFF! Its time to use that BBB and see what happen.
http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/computer-software-publishers-and-developers/arenanet-in-bellevue-wa-22017235

As you were told, the code that someone sold you is fraudulent. You need to contact the seller and get your money back so you can acquire a legitimate code.

And where I told that I bought the code from anyone? I bought that from official website when they reopen the seller on 11 september. I have played for 2 month and now they said my key are fraudulent. Come on… something wrong happen here… I checked all my payment and something wrong with the support. Not with me. Every thing its ok from my part. My statement are clear. I send the payment to paypal. On paypal statement its clear too… payment was approved and verified by NCsoft. And now that. Como on… This is a offense to me. I have tested my credit card on the official web site and bought another key just for test. and no have problems. I ask for refund and support replied in 1 day only. They will give me back my money. I really don´t understand what happen. Check my case and you will see its a big confusion and I´m a honest player, not a fraudulent one like Steve S. said on last update.

Still waiting any news or any reply.

Thank you and Good Job

“NCsoft has no obligation to explain any decision…” 5.d.i Conduct Rules!

AndroidClone.1706

Maybe instead of stopping the banned, they should ban a smaller amount of players so Support doesn’t get slammed by a tsunami of irate players and the support staff will have a trouble ticket load that they can handle.

You gotta admit that it’s cruel of ArenaNet to make a great game and then they banned us from it!

They sucky part for me is that I only had the game for about a month, and on top of the $59.99 for the game I’ve bought the upgarde to the digital deluxe edition ans spent about $120 in gems to buy Draconic Armor and other fun stuff! Now it’s all in limbo with the possibility of it being gone forever.

I’m wondering if the problem is my new Keyboard. I’ve recently changed from a Logitech G15 to a Razer Deathstalker Ultimate. Razer’s Synapse 2.0 software seems to be very wishy washy. I bring this up because atleast the Logitech G15 can function as a normal keyboard without the Logitech software. The Deathstalker Ultimate seems to require the software plus drivers, or it will not work at all.

(edited by AndroidClone.1706)

Posted by: kcchang.3168

kcchang.3168

Hi Gaile,

1. Purchased on 11/6/2012
2. Yes, bought from official website the buy.guildwars2.com with my own credit card
3. I called the bank. They authorized the payment and give me the auth code: 555756
4. Ticket #121108-000371

Thanks a million for helping, Gaile

Are you able to play the game? If not, when did you start playing and when were you blocked from playing? Thank you.

Hi Gaile,
Purchased on 11/6/2012 [GMT+8]
Was Playing on 11/7/2012 [GMT+8]
When I logged in on 11/8/2012 [GMT+8], it was blocked

Thanks for helping my issue.

Dark Revan.7634

Maybe instead of stopping the banned, they should ban a smaller amount of players so Support doesn’t get slammed by a tsunami of irate players and the support staff will have a trouble ticket load that they can handle.

You gotta admit that it’s cruel of ArenaNet to make a great game and then they banned us from it!

They sucky part for me is that I only had the game for about a month, and on top of the $59.99 for the game I’ve bought the upgarde to the digital deluxe edition ans spent about $120 in gems to buy Draconic Armor and other fun stuff! Now it’s all in limbo with the possibility of it being gone forever.

I’m wondering if the problem is my new Keyboard. I’ve recently changed from a Logitech G15 to a Razer Deathstalker Ultimate. Razer’s Synapse 2.0 software seems to be very wishy washy. I bring this up because atleast the Logitech G15 can function as a normal keyboard without the Logitech software. The Deathstalker Ultimate seems to require the software plus drivers, or it will not work at all.

Not stopping the bans until they have fixed the issues will cause ~even~ more false negatives.

Regarding the keyboard I read a while back in the forums that it was ok to use such keyboards as long as 1 button did 1 thing as opposed to clicking 1 button and doing 3 actions with that single click for example.

Posted by: Dfogs.2549

Dfogs.2549

Hi Gaile,

1. Purchased on 11/6/2012
2. Yes, bought from official website the buy.guildwars2.com with my own credit card
3. I called the bank. They authorized the payment and give me the auth code: 555756
4. Ticket #121108-000371

Thanks a million for helping, Gaile

Are you able to play the game? If not, when did you start playing and when were you blocked from playing? Thank you.

Hi Gaile,
Purchased on 11/6/2012 [GMT+8]
Was Playing on 11/7/2012 [GMT+8]
When I logged in on 11/8/2012 [GMT+8], it was blocked

Thanks for helping my issue.

I purchased this game on 9/10, and have not had issues since, so I really don’t see how it could be an issue with recent purchases through third parties. Considering I’ve had it for two months.

Posted by: Lelak.7953

Lelak.7953

Lelak.7953
Interestingly enough myself and another guildie connad.4967 were also banned for botting whilst fighting Tequatl. This seems to be a rampant issue. I suppose that’s what I get for being a good guildie and helping the lowbies level with a buddie. Unlike other bots, apparently, being clothed in full exotic and doing nothing repetitive is the new botting. Can we actually get a log check on this? We don’t respond to chat unless we need a PUG (that is what vent is for… better communication). A simple check for herd mentality on “reported players” would alleviate most of this nonsense. Are we all turning in the same direction at the same time whilst fighting the same mob? Or is Quinn mining while I am warming up chili for my son while waiting 2 minutes for Tequatl to spawn?

Posted by: WaLkz.3970

WaLkz.3970

Hi guys just want to say they are working on accounts today and not to give up on hope. I’m not restored yet but when I tried to log in again it changed from banned for botting, to your account may be accessed by an unauthorized individual. I haven’t received any response via email or by the ticket system, that is the only change for me for the past 4 days. Just wanted everyone not to give up hope and think of this as a learning experience on both the players and anet’s side. Things will go wrong all the time guys, just gotta stick through it. I was hacked on the PSN network and had all my info stolen and even my CC charged leaving my bank to 0. As much as Playstation has gotten blamed, In reality, it’s all the hackers fault that bring distress to the game. If you want to blame someone, then vent all that hate into the botters that caused all of this in the first place. Dont blame our support team. they are working hard trying to please everyone one person at a time.

Blocked/Suspended Account

121109-000304 Updated [11/08/2012]

(edited by WaLkz.3970)

Posted by: chahlz.5178

chahlz.5178

I just got banned today as a supposed “botter” I’m still waiting on any kind of response on my support ticket. I’ve put a good 300-400 hours into the game, I don’t even know how to run a bot. And now I might even miss out on this “one time” event this weekend.

chahlz.5178

Lelak.7953
Interestingly enough myself and another guildie connad.4967 were also banned for botting whilst fighting Tequatl. This seems to be a rampant issue. I suppose that’s what I get for being a good guildie and helping the lowbies level with a buddie. Unlike other bots, apparently, being clothed in full exotic and doing nothing repetitive is the new botting. Can we actually get a log check on this? We don’t respond to chat unless we need a PUG (that is what vent is for… better communication). A simple check for herd mentality on “reported players” would alleviate most of this nonsense. Are we all turning in the same direction at the same time whilst fighting the same mob? Or is Quinn mining while I am warming up chili for my son while waiting 2 minutes for Tequatl to spawn?

I got wrongly banned for botting today shortly after doing dragon fights…. I hope this isn’t a serious of bad things to come :l

Posted by: squall.7093

squall.7093

Hi guys just want to say they are working on accounts today and not to give up on hope. I’m not restored yet but when I tried to log in again it changed from banned for botting, to your account may be accessed by an unauthorized individual. I haven’t received any response via email or by the ticket system, that is the only change for me for the past 4 days. Just wanted everyone not to give up hope and think of this as a learning experience on both the players and anet’s side. Things will go wrong all the time guys, just gotta stick through it. I was hacked on the PSN network and had all my info stolen and even my CC charged leaving my bank to 0. As much as Playstation has gotten blamed, In reality, it’s all the hackers fault that bring distress to the game. If you want to blame someone, then vent all that hate into the botters that caused all of this in the first place. Dont blame our support team. they are working hard trying to please everyone one person at a time.

Thanks walkz. I think a lot of us are trying to be optimistic. I’m sure we all enjoy the game here, otherwise most of us wouldn’t be posting about wanting to get back on.

I’m still waiting for a response at all:

Ticket: Updated by me. 121110-002031

AndroidClone.1706

Regarding the keyboard I read a while back in the forums that it was ok to use such keyboards as long as 1 button did 1 thing as opposed to clicking 1 button and doing 3 actions with that single click for example.

Confirmed!

“We do not terminate accounts based on the use of hardware, unless that also involves third-party programs that give an advantage to a player. A single one-to-one bind is fine. Binding 11 different skills to one press of a key isn’t so fine.”
— Gaile Gray

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/hi-end-keyboard-ban

Enko.6123

Lelak.7953

That wouldn’t even be a good check. What would be a better check would be to monitor if someone is repeating the same loop in a map over and over and over or just standing in one spot hitting the same sequences of attacks even if nothing is near by.

AndroidClone.1706

I just got banned today as a supposed “botter” I’m still waiting on any kind of response on my support ticket. I’ve put a good 300-400 hours into the game, I don’t even know how to run a bot. And now I might even miss out on this “one time” event this weekend.

I know how you feel. I did my first GW2 all nighter last night and got enough gold to buy a Superior Sigil of Flame this morning! Now it gone! Sniff!

Posted by: GrapeGatsby.6937

GrapeGatsby.6937

I’m crossing my fingers just like you are, however I don’t think the fact that they changed it from botting to accessed by an unauthorized individual changes all that much (well except it doesn’t feel like they are accusing you of botting, but that’s just preference of whether you care or not in the first place since). I do agree that blaming Gaile is not necessarily the best ideal since she does not make the calls and is just doing her job, that being said I feel it is better to criticize A.net when they have done something wrong since they should care about their customers or at the very least their wallets should care. On the other hand, criticizing botters is like yelling at the wind it’s not like they care and nothing will be fixed or prevented by doing so.

Posted by: QuantumRubixCube.5961

QuantumRubixCube.5961

All I did was poke fun out of a gold farmer. Now my account’s terminated. Oh boy! I sure do love worrying over all the man-hours I slaved into my Asuran Engineer!

Posted by: QuantumRubixCube.5961

QuantumRubixCube.5961

All I did was poke fun out of a gold farmer. Now my account’s terminated. Oh boy! I sure do love worrying over all the man-hours I slaved into my Asuran Engineer!

By the way, does that considered engaging? Look, I just want my account back.

Posted by: I Rubra Caelum I.1530

I Rubra Caelum I.1530

2 and a half days – I got my account restored! Good luck to all of you guys! And yeah, obviously they are working on it, but probably the number of banned accounts if pretty high, so it takes time! Anyway, good luck to all of you!

Lelak.7953

Lelak.7953

That wouldn’t even be a good check. What would be a better check would be to monitor if someone is repeating the same loop in a map over and over and over or just standing in one spot hitting the same sequences of attacks even if nothing is near by.

11/12/2012 06:53 PM [Incident: 121113-000159]

I agree that both measures fall short of being inadequate. I am merely stating there needs to be SOME check where there is obviously none. This is an issue of auto ban or someone being VERY lazy.

After reading this entire forum block I’m not even upset anymore. This is comedy gold. We are all on vent STILL laughing our kitten off at this. The game is fantastic! Just be sure to be as wordy and erratic as possible so you can keep playing!

We have been spoiled with release after release of fresh content, superior game play and innovation and eye candy for days. You can even buyvanity things with in game currency via the currency exchange! No real money needed! The only real problem lies in the fact that they devoted ALL of their budget to devs and not enough to support. I’d be willing to lend my interns. They LOVE playing game while on the job.

Posted by: horsicorn.8650

horsicorn.8650

I personally bought the game from buy.guildwars2.com using my dad’s credit card (is that allowed?) on November 7th, 2012. The credit card was not charged for the purchase of the game, nor is the purchase “pending”, it’s simply not there. 121110-001784

Thanks for looking into this, it’s nice to know at least Arenanet knows there’s a problem…

This is very interesting. When did you start playing? When was your account closed?

I started playing on November 7th, the day I bought the game, and my account was closed 3 days later on November 10th. I called NCSoft support and they told me while there was a purchase recorded under my (my dad’s) credit card, it had been voided and was incomplete for some reason.

Enko.6123

I’m crossing my fingers just like you are, however I don’t think the fact that they changed it from botting to accessed by an unauthorized individual changes all that much (well except it doesn’t feel like they are accusing you of botting, but that’s just preference of whether you care or not in the first place since). I do agree that blaming Gaile is not necessarily the best ideal since she does not make the calls and is just doing her job, that being said I feel it is better to criticize A.net when they have done something wrong since they should care about their customers or at the very least their wallets should care. On the other hand, criticizing botters is like yelling at the wind it’s not like they care and nothing will be fixed or prevented by doing so.

I updated my ticket to show the change in the log in message and almost immediately got a GM asking for my serial code and account name. I don’t know if updating the ticket to that got it moved to another category or something.

AndroidClone.1706

The agressive ban sweeps might be related to the following article.

Guilded: Guild Wars 2’s Bot Crisis — ArenaNet Needs To Step Up Before It’s Too Late
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/guild-wars-2/1226506p1.html

Posted by: LeCreaux.3087

LeCreaux.3087

Something else to consider is that some players with “tainted” accounts are trying to sell them to unsuspecting new players. Those accounts are probably banned on day one, or will be eventually even if the buyer plays clean.

For example: I reported a player for “fly hacking” in WvW and also Googled his account name. What returned was a bunch of his boasts on game sites about using dungeon and WvW hacks and getting whispers about being reported.

I assume at some point he got banned because he stopped logging in, but Google returned posts with him selling his character. They were really nice posts with pictures, apparently it had legendary weapons and everything, with no mention of being banned. If anybody bought that thing from him they’ll end up posting here sooner or later.

(edited by LeCreaux.3087)

Posted by: Aeri.1452

Aeri.1452

Had my account banned sometime earlier today, between when I fell asleep at 4 a.m. Pacific, and when I woke up around noon. Reason stated when attempting to login as for botting. I can still log in to the forums, but apparently can’t get in to the support site using my normal login, nor can I reset the password, so I had to use another email to submit a ticket. Incident number if 121113-000275.

Seen quite a few people in the last couple of pages who appear to have been banned in Sparkfly Fen (where my character was last logged in). Not sure if something odd occurred there, and a huge wave of people in the zone got banned or what, but it was definitely a surprise to me when I woke up.

Hopefully we can hear some official word on what happened soon for a lot of the people who were affected by this.

Posted by: MiNGwOwz.9256

MiNGwOwz.9256

f your account was terminated for fraud:
date of purchased : 8/11/2012
Please confirm that you personally purchased from the buy.guildwars2.com site :confirmed
Please check your credit card statement and verify if you were or were not charged for the game. : Not Charged
Please note if the charge on you CC statement is a completed charge, or is “pending.”
My ticket number : 121111-002308

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Had my account banned sometime earlier today, between when I fell asleep at 4 a.m. Pacific, and when I woke up around noon. Reason stated when attempting to login as for botting. I can still log in to the forums, but apparently can’t get in to the support site using my normal login, nor can I reset the password, so I had to use another email to submit a ticket. Incident number if 121113-000275.

Seen quite a few people in the last couple of pages who appear to have been banned in Sparkfly Fen (where my character was last logged in). Not sure if something odd occurred there, and a huge wave of people in the zone got banned or what, but it was definitely a surprise to me when I woke up.

Hopefully we can hear some official word on what happened soon for a lot of the people who were affected by this.

Yeh, so many people have been getting banned for no reason lately, i guess all we can do is hope for the best while Anet works on it sadface

chahlz.5178

I spent a bit of time in sparkfly fen today before I killed the dragon then moved onto the other 2, shortly after I ended up getting banned, I hope there’s not some issue regarding that zone that flags people some how.

Posted by: Archituethis.8274

Archituethis.8274

I have been banned for about 24 hours and have yet to get a response to my ticket. I have come to believe that people are getting randomly banned around the dragon events. I was with 3 guildies in frostgorge waiting for jormag when we got banned for botting. I genuinely hope they are able to resolve these issues before the lost shores event as missing that event would be very frustrating to those of us who are wrongfully banned for botting.

Posted by: Tory.2693

Tory.2693

Hi Gaile, as always appreciate your work here on the forum. I have a question: if we receive the following email

Hello,

The Guild Wars 2 Serial Code used to create your Guild Wars 2 game account was initially purchased from our site fraudulently. The alleged “buyer” had used stolen credentials then sold or transferred that account to you.

This resulted in the serial code and game account to be permanently closed.

If you purchased this serial code from a website other than www.guildwars2.com we recommend contacting the unauthorized reseller from whom you purchased the serial code for a full refund.

While this fraudulently purchased account is closed, we encourage you to buy an official physical retail copy from an authorized seller or digital serial code at http://buy.guildwars2.com.

Unfortunately, there is no further assistance we can provide for this issue.

Regards,
Steve S.
NCsoft Payment Review

Does that mean our cases will not be further investigated?
It says in the email that "there is no further assistance we can provide for this issue. Does that mean we will have to file a new ticket for support to take a look at our accounts and determine if we are indeed fraudulent purchasers? I’m confused, help me out here

Posted by: Bloodied.4870

Bloodied.4870

I tried to log on today and my account was banned. The only thing I can think of is I go afk a lot to deal with my daughters. My character doesn’t do anything, it just sits there till I can come back and play. Why would I get blocked? I’m not botting, macroing or anything else that would compromise the game. I simply like to mix my gaming in with daily life. Play a bit, go afk to make dinner, play a bit and say hi to friends, then go afk to make the wife happy.

Natsu Dragneel.1625

iguild, i would probably reccomend sending them another ticket addressing the issue, and wait for their response on that, but it seems that they are telling you to go get a refund and purchace the game directly from their site.

Natsu Dragneel.1625

yeh, all these bans were ridiculous, instead of banning even more people, they should have stopped banning all together for several days, sorted out all of the current banns and issues, then rethinking their autobotbanner. this would have saved them one hell of a kittentorm, reduced the tickets to a resonable amount, kept the player base happy and I COULD BE PLAYING RIGHT NOW instead of sitting here out of my mind with absolutely nothing to do right now ^^

edit: fyi that auto change to “kittenorn” or w/e it was, was origionally s*** storm ya know?

edit 2: oh wow, i just realised all those “kittens” people were talking about around here, were censorship, lolz

(edited by Natsu Dragneel.1625)

Lelak.7953

I tried to log on today and my account was banned. The only thing I can think of is I go afk a lot to deal with my daughters. My character doesn’t do anything, it just sits there till I can come back and play. Why would I get blocked? I’m not botting, macroing or anything else that would compromise the game. I simply like to mix my gaming in with daily life. Play a bit, go afk to make dinner, play a bit and say hi to friends, then go afk to make the wife happy.

Bloodied,

I do the same thing (nice to see another stay at home dad/single father). This is what the automated log out is designed for. Now, I can only assume, but I seriously doubt you would be banned for that unless you had a way of staying logged in even when you were afk. I know I’m using common sense here when there, seemingly, appears to be none, but I choose to remain hopeful.

Frank

*Apologies for chatter. Shutting up now until I get a response.

(edited by Lelak.7953)

Posted by: bluerebelmedia.9514

bluerebelmedia.9514

A few things:

• If your account was terminated for Botting or for Fraud, please submit a ticket. If you submitted a ticket, that’s great — you’re good to go and will be helped as soon as possible. If you need to submit a ticket, to here and file a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page.
  • For tips on what information to provide in a ticket, please read this post.
  • If you find you still need help after three days, feel free to post in the Tickets for Review thread, which is at the top of this Account Support sub-forum.

This isn’t a discussion/chat sub-forum for discussion, so please keep this topic-based, providing information on the incident but keeping the chatter to a minimum so we can focus on helping you. Please note that some threads are being removed to allow us to concentrate on the issues.

If your account was terminated for fraud:

• Please indicate the date you purchased the game.
  • Please confirm that you personally purchased from the buy.guildwars2.com site (not through a partner, not through a third-party).
  • Please check your credit card statement and verify if you were or were not charged for the game.
  • Please note if the charge on you CC statement is a completed charge, or is “pending.”
  • Please post your Incident / Ticket Number here.

The Support Team will be examining each of your tickets and will help you. I’m trying to ascertain if there’s an issue with purchases. So far I cannot see that to be the case, but I will use the information that you share — the answers to the five questions above — to look into the matter further.

Im posting this again.

- Purchased November 8th.
- Purchased through buy.guildwars2.com
- I WAS charged. No, it’s not pending, I’ve been charged.
- 121111-001892

I’ve sent support the CC billibng info, zip code, address etc.

You say don’t post multiple tickets, and people are saying here be patient, however my account was closed after two days of play, and my support ticket says I can get no further help.

I need someone to respond to me and tell me if my ticket is still even under review. Nobody will give me any answers. Once they told me I had used a stolen credit card, which is absolutely ridiculous, they stopped responding. I just need to know if you’re outright robbing me, or if someone is taking this seriously. and has looked at the information I sent.

You say “If you put in a ticket, you’re good”, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. It seems to be “If you put in a ticket, it’s an easy way to get rid of you for three days”, because all I get are canned copy-paste responses calling me a criminal.

You say “Theres been an official response”, but considering your company stole my money, is refusing to talk to me, and says that their store breaking is my fault, I’d like someone to admit that the store had issues. You can deny it all you want, and blame customers, but this is completely unprofessional and irresponsible. (Anet, not you, none of this is directed at you). The online store got screwed, and I’d like to stop being blamed, and be able to play the game I purchased and was charged for. Or at the very least, have someone respond to me and tell me why I can’t. I don’t want to be told to put in a ticket, ignored for days, then told to post in another thread to get my ticket noticed if it’s gone on three days, then wait another three days and check another thread to see if your ID number from your support ticket you’ve emailed, clicked links, gone to the website and posted in numerous threads for and checked this final one has an update oh wait no you’re banned you’re obviously a criminal, goodbye, account closed why dont you respond and we’ll get back to you within 3 days.

This is ArenaNets fault. I did nothing wrong, it wasn’t my mistake, and I want someone to admit it, apologize, and reactivate my account. It’s what professional and responsible businesses do, they don’t blame the client.

The only mistake I’m guilty of is trusting ArenaNet with my money.

(edited by bluerebelmedia.9514)

Posted by: Bloodied.4870

Bloodied.4870

I was falsely blocked/disabled. I am receiving an error which says I was botting or using macros or something. I play one character which is a level 80 warrior in arah karma gear and my daughters have a couple other characters on my account. I filed a support ticket:

121112-003212

I am now waiting for a reply. Why would I be considered a botter? I don’t use any automation and only play to forget my crazy work schedule. This is making me extremely frustrated and I don’t understand how I could’ve possibly shown up as a botter. I am in a guild, NPO and do random things constantly. I actively report botters and they are very easy to recognize. 20 run around in a pack and all wear the same armor and are either rangers or warrriors. I play one character which has unique gear and I recently started the WvW gameplay.

Posted by: WaLkz.3970

WaLkz.3970

Dear Gaile Gray or any Support Mod,

I don’t know what to do, I don’t want to make another ticket and prolong everyone’s queue. Today I have received and email from GWS support team stating my account has been restored, my ticket (Account Restored [Incident: 121109-000304]) also has changed to Account Restored. Armando sent me a new password and I was able to change it into my password of choice. But when i try to log in i still get an error. All I’m asking is what do I do now? Do I update my ticket that has been “Resolved” or do i submit another ticket stating my previous ticket isn’t fully resolved? If i don’t get a response soon, I guess I will have to submit a new ticket and wait again…..

Posted by: hhhhhhh.9672

hhhhhhh.9672

Anyway, I don’t care whether my account could be recovered or not, I’ve lost my mood and feeling shame to play this game. I want to make apology to Anet support team due to my rude words previously made.

Posted by: Kraft.7195

Kraft.7195

I was banned yesterday evening , i filled a ticket but no answer. The reason is botting , try to understand how i feel. At that time i was doing an event in cursed shore how can i explain that i didn’t use any bot/macro. If this is not a work from some ban bot , there must be a way for you to investigate and help me to prove that i didnt use bot/macro.