Issue Reports: Heart of Thorns [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Darkon Ligator.9342

Darkon Ligator.9342

Thank you guys for all the awesome work, the detail and depth is insane! Mob after mob after mob, levels high and low. Thank so very much for all the detail and hard work and hours ALL of you have dedicated to this expansion! Its Totally Awesome!

I just have one thing I’ve noticed:

The Hero Point next to Treacherous Path in Verdant Brink is bugged, I’ve done the event 5 times on my Asura Necro, no points received and it states the Hero Point is still available. Thanks again

Posted by: Astrea.4295

Astrea.4295

Just did Hearts and minds (last episode).
Did not receive rewards or credits and in the log it is still open.

- Server: Far Shiverpeaks (EU)
=Astrea Swiftkill-thief-Human; Plurk Stoemweg-Guardian-Asura
= Guinevere Astreas – Mesmer – Sylvari

Posted by: sdluca.4706

sdluca.4706

Verdant Brink
1 hour ago we had a nice t4 going, but a few minutes before night everyone was moved to different maps, out of nowhere, just like that.

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Tarir and Auric Basin is always so laggy, tarir causes constant lagging and stuttering. Also during the first story mission by the pact camp going near it on the right side causes the game to freeze and blackout for a few seconds

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I cannot do further steps of HoT Sign Cutting story quest… cannot interact with the sign from Rox. Bug occurred after the patch that removed mastery requirement. I really want to finish off the story. It has been a week …

Had this happen to me as well. I zoned out of that map. Went back to previous chapter and then restarted the sign cutting chapter again. That seemed to fix this for me..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Clades Affero.7096

Clades Affero.7096

i just entered to mount maelstorm map and lost all HoT content, no elite specs, no masteries and someone on map chat said his WvW reset

Posted by: kimoulys.6234

kimoulys.6234

Its almost been two weeks and the elite skills/ weapons bugs is not fix. At what point should those who bought an HoT early request a refund because this is BS.

Posted by: WaffleKing.5420

WaffleKing.5420

100% map completion on Verdant brink and Auric Basin and did not give any rewards (Including Elementalist’s cache)

As you might have gathered, I’m going for the north wind warhorn because I love the way it looks as well as it’s a free ascended.
I cannot get the warhorn because of this bug… Now, I’ve looked around and seen it only affects those with 100% world completion. That’s a bit of a downer as it means I’m going to be one of the 1% who suffers from this bug. In addition to that, no, I will not make another Elementalist just to redo maps I’ve already completed. I don’t even have the slot for one.

Can this be looked at please? I’d rather see bugs like this fixed before any balancing (Such as hero point reduction on elite specs…).

Thanks.

Posted by: yelomachine.7425

yelomachine.7425

My loading screen for the mission Hearts and Minds changed to the Lions Arch loading screen. After loading into LA, i lost all map progression for all the new zones. My Hero point progress still shows for each area but all else is blank (except guild halls). My berserker specialization was removed after loading and had to reset it as well.

Posted by: guildwarrior.6304

guildwarrior.6304

Hi, on the very first day, I used a WP within the Rally To Maguuma Prologue that kicked me from the story and I have been unable to reenter with my main character ever since. It’s been a couple weeks, many of us have had the same problem, and are told to just send bug reports. I made an alternative character just so I can play the story, but it’s just not the same as with my main, who I really wanted to experience the continuing story of GW with. I saw in this thread that it was “fixed” but it’s not. PLEASE, let there be a way to start the chapter or story over? I get the green arrows all over Tyria leading me to Silverwastes to start the first chapter but when I arrive, the green star isn’t there anymore. It just bugs. It doesn’t exist.

Posted by: QuantumS.6802

QuantumS.6802

hello,

I’ve been working on the luminate’s backpack collection and have finished everything except for the illuminated tendril. I’ve gone through each of the southern outposts three (3) event chains including the post event thrasher in the ‘center’ event chain but i havent seen the tendril drop from either the bosses like the auric(?)/golden ooze or at the end of an event chain, like the font of maguuma events with priory. I’m beginnign to think that the drop for the Illuminated Tendril is bugged.

Posted by: AzureSky.3175

AzureSky.3175

HUGE GAMEBREAKING BUG:

Please look at this thread, it’s important!
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/HoT-maps-reset-on-me

It seems like some people lose all of their HoT progress by entering buggy maps!

edit: another thread about the same issue:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Teq-Map-is-treated-as-pre-HoT

(edited by AzureSky.3175)

Posted by: Aneko.2534

Aneko.2534

Hello,
I’m not sure if it’s just me or if others are experiencing this. But I’m noticing on my asura revenant that when I dodge/evade an attack, my character occasionally drops a bomb. Also, my revenant seems to be missing the racial abilities that my other asuran characters have. I don’t really use them much(took me this long to realize I didn’t have them) but I hadn’t heard anyone else mention it so I thought I would bring it up.

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

Hello,
I’m not sure if it’s just me or if others are experiencing this. But I’m noticing on my asura revenant that when I dodge/evade an attack, my character occasionally drops a bomb. Also, my revenant seems to be missing the racial abilities that my other asuran characters have. I don’t really use them much(took me this long to realize I didn’t have them) but I hadn’t heard anyone else mention it so I thought I would bring it up.

Revenants not having racial skills is intended.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Here is a comprehensive list of bugs I’ve found:

1. Viper’s Stats are currently bugged. Condition duration applies to character sheet and tooltips but not applied conditions.

2. Runes of the Berserker 6th bonus does not currently apply. Doesn’t seem to work at all as far as I can tell

3. VB Faren event chain. This frequently bugs at the Bongo event. Gets stalled with 1 Bongo left and unattackable.

4. VB Lanthinar event chain. No Husk ever spawns during this chain making the achievement uncompletable.

5. AB Southwatch events center pylon event stalls frequently and is uncompletable.

6. TD SCAR lane. Final event does not work at all. The canon never does anything.

7. TD Orge Lane. Kill the bat matriarch frequently bugs with the champ bat being invulnerable.

8. DS frequent crashes and DC’s over all the map

9. DS no ability to reclaim lost spots after DC’s. Ability to reenter map instance is vitally important for these long meta events.

10. All maps- Crashing or changing map instances resets participation to 0%. As long as you stay on the same map, which instance you are in should not affect your participation.

11. DS Noxious pods despawn too quickly

12. Commander runes are prohibitively expensive. presumably they should cost 10 ore each, not 100.

13. DS Stavemaster achievement is bugged and not granted on killing stavemaster during mouth fight.

14. Nightfury skin- effect stops working after a while. Need to hide and unhide to regain effect.

I’ll post more if I find/remember them

Posted by: mysticeyesx.1346

mysticeyesx.1346

Auric Basin map complete and no reward. When will this be fixed?

Posted by: Harubpunbaru.3260

Harubpunbaru.3260

100% map completion at Dragon’s Stand not popping RIP MY DARK HARVEST

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

HUGE GAMEBREAKING BUG:

Please look at this thread, it’s important!
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/HoT-maps-reset-on-me

It seems like some people lose all of their HoT progress by entering buggy maps!

edit: another thread about the same issue:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Teq-Map-is-treated-as-pre-HoT

Me and two other guildies lost all our progress on Maguuma maps. It still recognizes we have Hero Points, but we lost POI, waypoints, and vistas. We only lost all our map on characters that were in Fractals or a PvP match at the time. Of course, it did happen to be my main with the most map that lost ALL her maguuma map. Help? We also couldn’t use our elite specs in Fractals and PvP when it happened. In PvP it said that I had to wait for HoT to come out. Although we can now use our elite specs, again, no map.

(edited by Lorelei.7809)

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

One of the hero points in VB bugged out and says I don’t have it on the map but when I try to commune again it says I do have it. Unable to get map completion cause of it.

Edit: Pact Airship Wreckage [Hero Challenge] – East of Faren’s Flyer Waypoint.

Update: Today the hero point I was originally talking about was suddenly completed but the hero point at the bottom left of the map then became uncompleted (after now doing it I don’t ever remember having done this one). Now the map and everything says I have everything completed but I also didn’t get map completion reward.

… I still want tengu.

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

One of the hero points in VB bugged out and says I don’t have it on the map but when I try to commune again it says I do have it. Unable to get map completion cause of it.

Edit: Pact Airship Wreckage [Hero Challenge] – East of Faren’s Flyer Waypoint.

Update: Today the hero point I was originally talking about was suddenly completed but the hero point at the bottom left of the map then became uncompleted (after now doing it I don’t ever remember having done this one). Now the map and everything says I have everything completed but I also didn’t get map completion reward.

I had that bug at that hero point the other day. Except now I have no map due to PvP bug (on that character that that happened to).

Posted by: iZallen.9074

iZallen.9074

Hello,

Because of how Revenant Utilities work, where they can switch their utilities with their channeled champion, all Revs do not have access to their racial traits. This is intended.

Posted by: iwargle.4285

iwargle.4285

Warning, contains story spoilers

Hi, I’ve been having a lot of issues in the Hearts and Minds instance, mainly in the fight with Mordremoth. My biggest issue is that when I die, he resets, which is fine, but his attacks don’t end. (i.e. his ground destroying attack) which is causing him to be full health while the map is now missing portions. The other issue I keep experiencing is that when you need to fly during that map, the game is not launching me or allowing me to fly (which is causing me to die). I really want to finish this instance, but it’s not possible for me with these consistent issues.

Thanks!

(edited by iwargle.4285)

Posted by: Tristiah.7968

Tristiah.7968

Was gathering in Tyria and ported into Mount Maelstrom and lost anything and everything HoT related. Everyone on the map did. I see others have posted this as well. So I am another one dealing with it. After relogging, I have gotten everything back except any progression in the new maps. It says I have 12% of Verdant Brink but the whole map is shown as “undiscovered.”

So I guess we just wait until this is acknowledged or what?

Tris is my name…. Mesmer is my game.

*I left my heart on Eredon Terrace*

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

As expected, still getting OOM errors on 32-bit. Could hope that there was help.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

Posted by: CarSh.8256

CarSh.8256

All the waypoints, POI, HP, VB, AB, TD, Map completion in the new maps are All gone.. =(

Posted by: brunobyof.3541

brunobyof.3541

All the waypoints, POI, HP, VB, AB, TD, Map completion in the new maps are All gone.. =(

lots of people with this issue on this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/HoT-maps-reset-on-me/

Posted by: DeadShotz.7895

DeadShotz.7895

100% map completion tonight in VB and no reward……Map says 100%

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Hello, checking in with everyone. I have a few updates to share. There will be more later but I wanted to hit these first:

-snip-

OOM crashes

• Please continue to send your crash reports via the in game crash reporter with details about what you were doing and your system specs.
  • The in game reporter is the best way to report crashes as they go directly to the programming team.

Lauren, where exactly is the in-game crash reporter? When I experience crashes my screen freezes for a moment and then goes to my desktop. I’ve never seen an in-game crash reporter. I do see a support link on the menu when I press escape and I can submit a bug, but there is not category to submit crashes. Am I looking in the wrong spot to provide a crash report?

There’s a dialogue box that pops up when you crash to send the details to ArenaNet. Some crashes don’t generate this but most do.

In about 1/2 of the situations where I have experienced crashes…no pop up box appears anywhere. I just get dumpted to my desktop with nothing to interact with. So I do not think the crash report is triggered each time.

Is there some reason why no crash report would trigger? I mean, part of the time I get them but part of the times I do not.

Posted by: FireGoddess.9427

FireGoddess.9427

I have had nothing but problems with “Prized Possessions”…just when you think you are getting some where you die, or your “special abilities” disappear and ..you die. I have run this so many times and used up so many repair canisters that im beginning to regret paying for this expansion… How can I progress in the story if im unable to get through this part?????

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

• Fixed a bug that affected map completion.

Guessing this isn’t retroactive?

… I still want tengu.

Posted by: WhiteBear.2617

WhiteBear.2617

Character had World Completion before HoT. Finished Verdant Brink map 100% but did not get a map completion reward

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

- Guild Missions arent providing personal rewards for many participants.

- Key low scribing materials (embroidered silk) and recipes (sabotage supplies) seem to be missing even if you have the appropriate levels unlocked.

- If you open a guild hall upgrade vendor and then open the guild roster, the game crashes.

- Guild pvp arena waypoint keeps disappearing

- Guild pvp arena doesnt show which team you are on.

- If you switch maps in the guild hall and you are in the arena area, everyone is moved to the same team.

- if multiple people enter the guild hall at the same time, they end up on separate instances and people have to leave/reenter to make it work.

- The guild favor level keeps jumping from extremely low to extremely (astronomically) high.

- Cannot trigger sabotage supplies in WvW even with one built (the free one they gave us for unlocking it) – when the camp is at tier one and claimed (the listed prerequisites).

- If you switch guild halls, the decorations remain and can end up way up in the air or stuck inside walls.

I know Anet is in a hurry to get raids out, but right now, I think some of these crippling bugs (especially big ones like guild missions not giving rewards) need to be fixed first.

Posted by: voidvector.2780

voidvector.2780

“Best Performance” has little to no effect on FPS for most HoT maps.

I have a slow machine (5 years old), HoT maps perform noticeably worse than non-HoT maps, especially at night time. I have tried tweaking the setting, in core areas, the difference between “Best Performance” (30-50 fps) and “Autodetect” (20-30 fps) is almost double. However in HoT they both hover around 20 fps.

Posted by: XYLUM.7286

XYLUM.7286

Just got 100% map complete on Verdant Brink…. and didn’t get my completion chest.

I’ve heard that this is an ongoing issue, what do I have to do to get my completion reward chest?

Posted by: bigshane.4162

bigshane.4162

I am having an issue. Me and my brother did the intro story to Heart of Thorns, however, it shot me back to the beginning, and is telling me to return to the jungle to earn mastery points for gliding. It gave me a mastery point when we finished, but I can’t spend it on anything atm. Glider basics is sitting at 61%. Any help will be appreciated.

Posted by: iso.2058

iso.2058

Qwip Collection
Collection 3: Chaos Gun III, needs Confetti Pouches which Require Black Powder from the Heart Merchant in Plaind of ashford. The item doesn’t exist in his UI for anyone to buy. Only pre-req listed in the “hint” is to complete the heart. 100% map complete char, no Black Powder.

Posted by: Jiggawattz.2697

Jiggawattz.2697

Please post your reports of issues with HoT in this thread. That will allow our teams to review your reports and deal with them as promptly at possible.

Ley-Energy Matter Converter progress has been reverted. I unlocked all my pages on the matter converter and now they are all locked again but I was not refunded the currency used to unlock them.

Posted by: Angel.8742

Angel.8742

Sheet of Coarse Paper – Huntsman Availability, Not Present or Not an Option in Crafting

When I moused over the Sheet of Coarse Paper in our Treasury it says that a 400 Huntsman can craft this thing. I have a 500 Huntsman and there is no option to craft this thing. So I thought maybe I had to discover it. So I had all the stuff in my bank to be able to learn this item in the discovery panel but it does not show up as being learned from that tab.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say this was a minor overlook and was never intended for the huntsman to be able to craft this item so I thought I would post a bug report on this item. Pictures Included.

Attachments:

Posted by: alteriel valie.4751

alteriel valie.4751

Still no progress in story,i’ve been stuck at this step lot of days!
Any ideas how to fix it?

Attachments:

(edited by alteriel valie.4751)

Posted by: Tenmei.3812

Tenmei.3812

So I have an issue with a few of the new achievements that revolve around the heart of thorns expansion or well came out cause of it. One is I have a fractal axe but it doesn’t show under the Fractal Master Achievement. It showed the sword but not the axe. Two which this one is for four characters that I already had map completion on and I didn’t get the Cache for my Guardian, Thief, Ranger, Engineer under the Specialization Collections. Am wondering will we get them later or do we have to make a whole knew character to get it

Posted by: bacon.9461

bacon.9461

Skip this if you haven’t done the story. Although I tried to not spoil anything.

Hearts and Minds Story
[spoiler=Hearts and Minds Story]Fight seems pretty buggy, rifts in mid air. Boss just has a ton of HP and no real meaningful mechanics that I’ve seen so far.
Braham teleporting everywhere…..
Attempting to fly into the air doesn’t always work.
Shielding with the group doesn’t work.
If you do manage to fly you probably get knocked out of the air by a rock without warning, or drop to miss the rock and end up on the ground anyway and die instantly.
If you’re playing with friends and one of you dies they respawn up in a prison and just get to watch.

shrug Doesn’t seem like that much of an improvement over Zhaitan tbh. Sure I got to hit him in the end unlike Zhaitan. But it was a mess to get there.[/spoiler]

Posted by: Peaze.1067

Peaze.1067

Prologue: Rally to Maguuma is still bugged here. It’s been 2 weeks and i still can’t enjoy all the new hot content with my ranger… I’m getting kittenING SICK OF THIS!@ I can’t even enter the new regions. Can’t do anything with masteries etc.. It’s really sapping my interest in playing this game. I don’t feel like lvling another character to 80 just so i can do the hot story on that one… My motivation is 0 at the moment. Still waiting for a fix or atleast a reset button for my story! PLEASE FIX THIS!
P.S. It feels like a total waste of my money to be honest…

Posted by: Angel Heart.6739

Angel Heart.6739

I’m having the same thing as Hammerguard, the Hero point to the south west now suddenly needed completing. I finished it, map 100% and NO Map-reward. Seems reporting bugs is least to say unrewarding.

Djynn Tm – Founder and Guild Leader – Angel Hearts Clan [Halo] Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Potoni the Massive achievement/mastery point did not trigger after defeating him.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Leara.1204

Leara.1204

Reporting a crash causing issue related to Waypoint usage.
If a person in one of the new HoT maps tries to wp to one of the core tyria wp that happens to be contested, while loading the game kicks you. I tried a few times from Wanderer’s Waypoint in Auric Basin to Naegeling wp in Diessa Plateau, also a friend tried that too and had the same error, and the crash happenes giving the network failure error. Tested with -maploadinfo too and I saw that while trying to load the server state stays to wait and the kick happens after few seconds without any loading.

Edit: it happens with any wp actually from old core tyria, mostly from Auric Basin, dunno in other maps from HoT. It takes away your silver too.

(edited by Leara.1204)

Posted by: gordonlsj.4391

gordonlsj.4391

Map completion no reward bug

Posted by: Dante.3780

Dante.3780

I am no longer able to see mordrem Bladedancers when they stealth
Yes i have Nuhoch stealth detection. Funny because i was able to see/kill treasure mushroom earlier today

quick update: i still see mordrem snipers.
frogs regardless if cotzic or mordrem are usually invisible to me, happens to event mobs and standalone open world ones, veterans and while alike. Yet sometimes i see them
I am aware that they can teleport. i still can kill them in stealth while autoattacking “air”, i just dont see them most of the time

(edited by Dante.3780)

Posted by: Sckhar Shantallas.6194

Sckhar Shantallas.6194

Potoni the Massive achievement/mastery point did not trigger after defeating him.
I defeat him 4 days in a row and still having the same issue.

Posted by: brynn rayleen.8143

brynn rayleen.8143

I have my elite specialization unlocked for my ranger and I have the staff, but I still cannot use the staff. It says it can be used at Druid (Level 1). Also, when I was looking at some weapons I could previously use, the great sword and dagger, it said weapon unusable by my profession.

Thanks for your help!

Posted by: NovaZephyr.1293

NovaZephyr.1293

I thought yesterday’s patch was supposed to address the map completion bugs? It’s worded so vaguely that it doesn’t refer to which bug it was meant to fix. If it’s in regards to us not getting verdant brink/ auric basin/ tangled depths/ dragons stand/ silverwastes/ dry top/ south sun, characters with 100% map completion are still not getting their rewards for completing those respective maps. I thought we were supposed to be rewarded for already having map completion… Not punished. Please readdress/ fix the issue. :C

p.s. the 64 beta works like a charm <3