Issues with the guild system: please post here [MERGED]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: kousei.5914

kousei.5914

I am a guild leader that shares the leadership position with multiple members. One of my fellow leaders has had his account hacked and I cannot demote him. This is a huge hole in the permission system and another downside of the single combined “Admin Lower Ranks” permission.

Currently we’re having to use personal storage instead of the guild storage out of fear that the hacker will clear us out.

Leader of Marked Souls [MkS]
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Guild Name: Impact Eu
Tag: [Imp]
Server: Gandara/Ruins of Surmia

The majority of our members moved from Gandara to Ruins of Surmia earlier today to check out the WvW scene there (in support of Anet’s comments about moving to lower population and strengthening the server tables on the whole) and now we cannot seem to earn any influence, claim objectives or any other guild management things.

We are also occasionally not getting event capture/defend results, whether that is related or not I am unsure.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

Posted by: Ragnarock.8061

Ragnarock.8061

I created a guild on the server Anvil Rock about 2 weeks ago I sent a ticket in then. I cannot edit permisions purchase upgrades or increase the guild size. I can’t even upgrade the ranks of my friends. I am promoting the guild and have accumulated over 3.5k influence which i cannot spend is there a way to fix this or am I just Bugged?

Posted by: Big J.6758

Big J.6758

After the battle of Claw Island the influence from the Letter of Commendation did not show up for the guild, I also submitted a bug report in-game.

Guild: Infinite [INF]
Server: Isle of Janthir
Character: Aleundra

Posted by: Frostydeamon.5384

Frostydeamon.5384

It has been six days since I started my guild and I have been unable to do anything with it. Cannot purchase upgrades, cannot promote members, cannot change ranks. Nothing. Any plans for a fix to this?

Guild: Tempest Guild [TMP]
Server: Isle of Janthir

I have the exact same issue! Its sooo annoying

Guild: Order of the pink unicorn [OPU]
Server: sea of sorrows

Posted by: Wraithcaller.2794

Wraithcaller.2794

My guild also has the claiming problem – and in addition we do not seem to be gaining influence from WvW events.

“Why are the quaggan babies twice the size of the adults? O.o”

Posted by: Intangible.7128

Intangible.7128

Unable to join any new guilds? I am not at my maximum number and receive an error message

Network Error .

Please check your Internet Connection and try again

(Code=3040:1002:3:1930:101)

any suggestions

Posted by: Wraithcaller.2794

Wraithcaller.2794

Guild: Dungeoneers And Dragonknights [DnD]
Guild Server: Gate of Madness
Problem: Our guild can no longer seem to claim anything in WvW. In addition, we do not seem to be getting influence from any of the WvW events no matter how many of us participate.

It may or may not be related, but this happened shortly after we got our guild emblem.

“Why are the quaggan babies twice the size of the adults? O.o”

Posted by: Daily.5381

Daily.5381

Annnd we’re on page 23 with the same problems and no update.
Influence not working properly.
Got permissions working for about 5 mins before it stopped again.
At least tell us you’re reading or trying to fix this.
Dev forum track shows you’re responding – but to much silliness – and not to your huge problems.
Guilds are breaking up because of this.

I have to stop drinking milkshakes.
I hate all those boys in my yard.

Posted by: EdGe.6510

EdGe.6510

I can’t change or edit my guild ranks, or add more ranks, I edit them and it just pop back to what it was before,and yes, I am the guild leader lol also It was working just fine before and then started doing this a couple weeks ago.

Posted by: Sir Pimpstick.6534

Sir Pimpstick.6534

It’s obvious that there’s a major issue with the guild system for many guilds right now. There are a bunch of people here frustrated about not being able to do basic guild functions; such as editing ranks, accessing guild banks, and purchasing upgrades. I for one can’t do any of the above. I submitted an in game report six days ago, all i want to know is if this will be fixed soon. It’s a major nuisance that needs to be dealt with asap

Posted by: ReploidZero.1792

ReploidZero.1792

My Guild Generated with incorrect permissions for all ranks, As leader, i am unable to modify anything.
World: Denora’s Rest
Guild: Visceral Solutions [VSol]

Posted by: RogieOrg.8591

RogieOrg.8591

Server: Eredon Terrace
Guild: Wok And Roll [WAR]

An officer used his tome of influence but we didn’t get our 1000 influence from it.

I’m the leader and also had problems with permissions (I couldn’t queue, change message of the day, edit ranks), but after I switched to a different character, that problem fixed itself.

We would like our 1000 influence, though.

Posted by: Switch.8520

Switch.8520

Can I please have my tome of influence given back to me seeing as it didn’t work?

I paid extra for it, I paid real life money for it, not in game gold.

I expect to get what I paid for or I will be ringing customer support in a calm and polite fashion every day until my issue is resolved.

Posted by: CoakleytheGoat.6509

CoakleytheGoat.6509

I’m guild leader of ‘Life is a Glitch [LAG]’ on Sanctum of Rall, I’m unable to edit ranks permissions or edit MOTD. I can change ranks of people, however. I am able to access the guild armorer/guild bank but I have fellow guild members who are unable to in certain cities. A Norn member cannot access the guild armorer in Hoelbrak but can access it in Rata Sum.

Looking forward to a fix.

My Specs
http://tiny.cc/6s7i3w
JQ 80 Mes WvW

Posted by: CoakleytheGoat.6509

CoakleytheGoat.6509

Glad I have quality people in my guild, they’re not going to leave over something so silly.

My Specs
http://tiny.cc/6s7i3w
JQ 80 Mes WvW

Posted by: Norlamin.6471

Norlamin.6471

I have two problems to address.

First is, if I try to join ANY guilds outside of the few I joined close to launch I get a “Network Error” message that will not go away, tried everything.

Second, I’m a leader of a small guild called “Creepy Fish” (CF) and I queue’d to build Politics 3 the other day, even says so in the guild log but did it not only get built but the option to build it again is in the upgrade tab. And above everything else it took our 5,000 influence and didn’t give it back as if it did do the upgrade. Would like a fix.

(edited by Norlamin.6471)

Posted by: Kaireno.3824

Kaireno.3824

Server: Seafarer`s Rest
Guild : Fearful Beacon Intelligence
I created a guild, but have only the right “Edit Ranks”, even so i am the leader. I cant upgrade anything, kick or change ranks of other members. The only way i could make my friend a officer, was that i invited him and set Officer as rank for new members.
I created the Guild one week ago and thought it would change after a few days, but the problem still exist and it is frustrating.

Posted by: estrillin.7643

estrillin.7643

Just wanted to maintain some update on my status it has been 3 days since my last post nothing has changed still having the same Problems with my Guild

Guild: Tirayjala
Server: Sorrow Furnace
Tag: [TYJ]

Unable to promote player’s , write messages of the day, and can’t spend Influence on guild upgrades and im the leader of the guild. Would love to hear from you guy’s. Thank you

Posted by: Lilium.8950

Lilium.8950

Guild: Xenogenesis
Server: Blackgate
Tag: XENO

Bought 30 Silver worth of influence to only have wasted it because it didn’t work for some reason. Not always able to see guild tag either.

Posted by: hauskamies.9683

hauskamies.9683

Getting a network error when I’m trying to join a guild. Yesterday I was able to join a guild but now unable to do so.

Posted by: Ceder Of Tyria.5079

Ceder Of Tyria.5079

Server: Gunnar’s Hold
Guild: Legacy Of Mara
Tag: [MARA]

I finished a PS quest yesterday and got a tome of influence (400). People in my guild had said that we should not use them when on a overflow servers because they wouldn’t work, just disappear. I waited for transfer to main LA server and then used my tome while keeping an eye on the guild log. Tome disappeared but nothing happened with the guilds influence and didn’t appear in the log. About 3 min later someone else used a tome and that showed up. 3 hours later I still couldn’t see my contribution.

Legacy Of [MARA] & Scions Of [MARA] ~Gunnar’ Hold Descendants Of [MARA] ~Yak’s Bend
www.gwmara.com

(edited by Ceder Of Tyria.5079)

Posted by: Kron.6938

Kron.6938

Server: Isle Of Janthir
Guild Name: Mystic Knights Of The Eclipse
Guild Tag: MKE

Issue: Cannot upgrade guild architechture due to the rank feature on “Leader” only having one option checked to “Edit Ranks” but when trying to edit the rank, there is only two boxes that can be check which is “Edit Ranks” and “New Member” – all other boxes are not checked by default and cannot be checked, options for that are greyed out. I am representing the guild as Leader. Issue is persisting and I am not in an overflow server, tried logging out and back in, has been going on since the guild was made.

Kron [TEST]

Posted by: tokyoshoe.6308

tokyoshoe.6308

SERVER: Ferguson’s Crossing
GUILD NAME: Defenders of Rad Kingdoms
GUILD TAG: DORK

Issue: No Leader permissions. I can create new ranks, but not delete them. I can’t invite new members, cannot adjust rank permission except for the “New Members Here” tag. Cannot interact with the Guild Registrar, they insist I do not have “invite new member” permissions for the guild.. despite my being leader (and only member because of these bugs).

< Ferguson’s Crossing >
WAY too many alts to list here.

Posted by: Archonstix.8201

Archonstix.8201

The Dark Pursuit[TDP], Devona’s Reach
Tome of Influence was used for 1,000 Influence
We spent 500inf on the politics lvl1 upgrade and queued economics lvl1 for another 500inf, went to sleep and came back to find that both upgrades have completed, but neither is showing up as completed nor can we choose any future upgrades. Please remedy the issue for us, thanks.

Posted by: Azulu.5926

Azulu.5926

Guild: Circle of Faith
Server: Aurora Glade
Tag: [cof]

A day ago I started the upgrade for unlocking the Guild Emblem Template, it had been going smooth for quite some hours. It had only about 3 hours to go until it somehow vanished after I entered WvWvW. The message about it having started is still in History tho. Would really like this fixed.

Attachments:

Aurora Glade
Brogan Strongblow – Norn Ranger
Naudia Whiteroot – Sylvari Guardian

Posted by: gorb.5608

gorb.5608

Day 8 with out guild. Day 4 with out an update. 6 guild members lost and counting.

The Knightwatch [KW]
Jade Quarry

Posted by: gorb.5608

gorb.5608

Glad I have quality people in my guild, they’re not going to leave over something so silly.

In our case they are not leaving the Guild, we’ve played together for years. They’re leaving the game.

Posted by: Lokan Tores.8736

Lokan Tores.8736

Server = Northern Shiverpeaks, Guild = The Sixth Degree (TSD). On the morning 09/10/12 sometime, everyone but one member was kicked from the guild including myself as the guild leader. The one member left in the guild is only a member so there are no officers or a leader. We are not able to remake the guild as it stated the name is in use (obviously). All attempts to get this resolved through a support ticket have been useless and met with either irrelevant responses and also my request to simply have the guild deleted so we can remake it have been denied. We have invested server space, time and money into our guild name and to be shot down on getting it fixed even in this simple manner is disappointing. For the time being we have been a backup guild but would really like to see some action towards getting our original one back.

Satsugeisha
Yaks’ Bend
The Sixth Degree {TSD}

(edited by Lokan Tores.8736)

Posted by: Dusticus.1640

Dusticus.1640

Borlis Pass, Absent Without Leave [AWOL]. We’ve experienced most of the issues I see here off and on since launch. While not a bug, I’d like to bring up a topic that hits close to home for us, guild bank access.

The tedium of only allowing a few members access to a guild bank then trying to dole out items to guild members is very real. For a guild bank to provide any benefit it must be open to nearly everyone. The problem this presents is that one person with access, whether on a hacked account or not, can clean out our entire bank. Currently, the only access restrictions in place are in terms of rank. While the obvious answer is more ranks with varying permissions, it still boils down to one person with access having the ability to clean us out. This has already happened to us once, and while we lost nothing of real value, it called our attention to the lack of options here. In previous MMOs I’ve played leaders have the ability to set a daily limit for each rank, preventing members of that rank from withdrawing massive amounts of items and the disappearing. A daily item/money withdrawal limit would allow us to open the guild bank to all, without the fear of being robbed or the making of many convoluted ranks. I would like to see this feature in GW2 A.S.A.P. please!

Posted by: Slenderman.8506

Slenderman.8506

My guild “The Imperial Faction” on the northern shiverpeaks server is glitched up and i am the guild leader. I am unable to edit the ranks or kick off any members. In the permissions for leader the only thing i can check is “edit rank” I also cannot buy any upgrades or change the moto of the day. Any help would be appreciated. Im not sure if this is happening to other guilds as well.

Posted by: Tymmo.7816

Tymmo.7816

Guild: Wyzwanie Wiecznosci [WW]
Server: Gunnar’s Hold
Guild still missing (24 day)

Posted by: Mrpopo.4593

Mrpopo.4593

still cant edit anything and i the leader day 3 ….

Posted by: Touringman.9750

Touringman.9750

Cant join a new guild anymore – getting a network error – tried re logging etc and different characters but cannot now join this new guild. Seemed to be working fine until now. Is there a limit on how many guilds you can belong to? (already in 4 guilds – one being my own)

Posted by: Nidan.1387

Nidan.1387

Yep. Same for my guild “Infini” on the Anvil Rock server. I am the leader, we have enough influence, but I am unable to buy upgrades, change ranks, or edit the MOTD. I was hoping this would have been fixed in this last patch last night. It’s pretty annoying and causing a lot of lost time when we could be upgrading stuff.

Posted by: York.5361

York.5361

Same here, I have had a ticket open since the 14th (120915-000563) but no response yet.

Posted by: BryAust.5430

BryAust.5430

same problem here shadows of madness on sorrows furnace, Although i was able to buy upgrades I cannot edit motd or ranks or anything else. It also seems to affect guild claiming in WvWvW but that could be a separate issue.

Posted by: Chaotic.4576

Chaotic.4576

Guild: Dynasty Elites
Server: Sea Of Sorrow
Tag: DE

It comes with this, and also cannot view my upgrade progress when im in certain maps.
Fix this issue asap :\

I am the creator of this guild so i see no reason why i have no “invite” permissions.

Attachments:

Posted by: Seth Grimm.2635

Seth Grimm.2635

Guild: Grimm Guild
Server: Seafarer’s Rest
Tag: GG
Guild Leader: Me – Seth Grimm

I cannot edit anything in the Guild. I created the Guild 2 days ago, managed to invite my wife,, but I cannot promote her, nor can I edit or buy anything at all. Everything is greyed out and if checking the Ranks tab, I find that the only permission I have checked is “edit ranks” but everything else is greyed out. We are earning influence but I cannot do anything with it.

Please fix this.

Thank you
Seth

Posted by: Syd.2847

Syd.2847

Guild: Farmers Union Central Kryta
Server: Darkhaven

Guild leader controls are broken… cannot change access levels, promote members, research guild upgrades, etc. Been at least 3 days now.

Posted by: Zenty.3596

Zenty.3596

A couple of days ago I finished my whole personal story quest line (level 80) and got Tome of Influence (1,000 Influence) which I consumed but didn’t get my 1000 influence. And I still have the problem that I can’t change/edit anything in my guild even though im the guild leader, have been like this for over a week now..

Posted by: KyuubiPhoenix.8165

KyuubiPhoenix.8165

Server: Stormbluff Isle

Same as various other people here it seems, my Letter of Commendation form my personal storyline didn’t actually net my guild any influence. I’d like a replacement, but I’d like even more that this was just fixed for everyone.

Posted by: Cruesoe.6209

Cruesoe.6209

Some issues seem fixed but I am still experiencing some issues.

Guild: Quorum of Elders
Server: Whiteside Ridge
Tag: [QoE]

Unable to promote player’s or kick players.
Write messages of the day. Not far enough to spend Influence yet so not sure if this works or not.
Seem to also be able to change permissions for different ranks.

Brennen Greywolf

Posted by: Xeltic.3786

Xeltic.3786

Guild: Detention
Server: Desolation
Tag: DeT

I can’t edit, add or upgrade anything in the guild system.
Nor can I rank people, while I’m the guild leader.

Posted by: VodkaDoll.5890

VodkaDoll.5890

Guild: Naked Rabbit Revengers
Server: Henge of Denravi
Tag: NUDE

Hello, I recently (Sept. 18th, 2012) created a guild for a few friends and myself, I am the guild leader and I cannot move anyone into the officer status nor do anything else other than invite people. I cannot open a guild bank, I cannot upgrade anything and I’ve looked on these forums to find I’m not the only one. Is there any status on when this will be fixed or am I stuck? Should I try to create a new guild or just sit tight?

Posted by: Galious.2473

Galious.2473

Guild Fabulae Marrii at Ruins of Surnia cannot access the Guild Stash (I’m the guild leader). The Guild Bank NPC’s say we haven’t built it yet, but we sure have!

Posted by: Galious.2473

Galious.2473

And another issue. I can’t edit the guild message anymore. When I press edit, nothing happens.

Posted by: Garet Jax.4215

Garet Jax.4215

Guild bank not working for our guild even thou it is researched and guild influence has stopped increasing. This on the Ruins of Surmia server.

Posted by: DeafEdge.8521

DeafEdge.8521

I apologize if there is already a topic concerning this.
But when I receive a guild invite and choose to click join, I only get a notification saying “Network Error. Please check your internet connection and try again.” Obviously I’m connected to the internet so that doesn’t seem to be the problem. I have joined multiple guilds on other characters previously but it just recently started giving me this error and won’t stop.
Anyone else having this issue? It could just be a temporary error due to maintenance or something specific to my connection. I have no clue.

Posted by: Sideshow Mel.4587

Sideshow Mel.4587

You have likely hit the max in terms of guilds. I believe the current limit is part of 4 guilds + 1 invite.

See this stickied thread for more info:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Issues-with-the-guild-system-please-post-here-MERGED/page/24#post142723