Connection error 7:11:3:191:101 [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I’m throwing in the towel and giving up. I have a free weekend and fancied getting some GW2 in. After this incompetence I uninstalled it since it’s not worth days of hassle and off to check out the Steam summer sale.

Golf clap for NCAnet…..

Posted by: Daniele.2064

Daniele.2064

I’ve posted in this thread before, I was having a lot of problems last Sunday when all my 80s where stuck with this error and I could only play my low levels.

On monday morning I logged in and the game was fine, could log in with all my stuck characters and wp them out of the problematic map. At night I got stuck, yet again. Rinse and repeat for the whole week. Except that both yesterday and today I haven’t been unstuck overnight.

I’ve tried almost all the suggestions on this thread, I’ve rewetted router, changed my computer’s DNS, my router’s DNS and no result. Tried resetting the clients prefs (or the mac client equivalent of that), and nope, no result as well. Removed all my saved ips from my account, no result. Right now, I’m writing this and getting unstuck by using my phone’s 3G connection since that seems to be fine. I just can’t really play the game in such a slow connection but I can log in long enough to wp toons and hope I didn’t wp them to a problem map.

Something that may or may not be related to this problem is that I can’t load the GW2 websites at all, but can all other websites. It takes over 5 minutes of constant refresh for a page to even show, where as on my phone it all loads normally.

So, any suggestions? I want to fix this so I can enjoy the game again without holding my breath every time I change toons or maps.

Posted by: theoutsider.7849

theoutsider.7849

So I made a mistake and actually tried to play the game (have been trying to avoid actually doing things ever since the issue came up first but you know, gets boring real quick being logged into a game and not being able to play it)

Here is the result.

http://imgur.com/WC1Pvgg
http://imgur.com/4DwiSiV
http://imgur.com/ghs52O7

Thanks for nothing. Uninstalling.

Edit: I just saw a “helpful” support employee reply to my rather detailed support Ticket giving me a “detailed (4step)” description on how to pull the power cable from my modem and then put it in again. As if I hadn’t reset my router a hundred times already to try and work through this issue.
Nice wondercure.

(edited by theoutsider.7849)

Posted by: Lilianne.5839

Lilianne.5839

i just got another possiblefix from a GM mailed to me

The instructions below will change the way Guild Wars 2 connects on your network. In short, this will force all inbound and outbound data to use port 80. Since port 80 is a very common port, it usually has the least amount of issues with transmission of data. To do this:

Locate the file “GW2.exe” and right-click it, selecting “Create Shortcut.”
Rename this shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Port Test.”
Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties.”
Edit the “Target” line to include /clientport 80 at the end. Note: Please make sure /clientport 80 is outside of the quotes. — Correctly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” /clientport 80 — Incorrectly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe /clientport 80”
Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes. If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try Step 4 again.
Double click “Guild Wars 2 Port Test” and try connecting again.

hope this works for you all;)

it didnt work for me tho

(edited by Lilianne.5839)

Posted by: LadyMorrigan.3071

LadyMorrigan.3071

My character was “saved” by my fiance, who logged into my account and moved it in another map. Since then, no problems with that one. Now, another character gets stuck while entering Queensdale, from time to time, but I am able to move it after just a couple of minutes…Sigh.

Fort Aspenwood
11 characters, playing 8 classes

Posted by: Pwnflakes.2498

Pwnflakes.2498

This has been happening to me the last two weeks at least once a day.
Last night I gotten the error and decided to go to bed thinking it will be fixed by the time I wake up. Usually when it gives me the error I typically just wait a few hours an try again but this time it’s still doing it. It’s not my ISP, not my network and not my computer.
It happens every time I try WPing someplace that it first starts giving me these errors.
I have 9 toons on my account, I was able to log into 7 out of my 8 level 80’s. The one that is currently “Stuck” is my main which is really aggravating. I never had a problem with this before. I’m 100% sure it’s have something to deal with the release of this Entanglement. It started giving me those errors every since.

Posted by: gamerdude.4289

gamerdude.4289

The issue definitely seems sporadic. I confirmed that I am using Optimum’s DNS servers (along with my wife). She was having issues early this week when I was not, however now I’m having issues and she is not. Very strange. I switched to Google’s DNS and that didn’t help either.

I downloaded PrivateTunnel from OpenVPN, and while I’m connected I can access the my character (was stuck in Lion’s Arch) without issues.

Posted by: Rainyaviel.3865

Rainyaviel.3865

i just got another possiblefix from a GM mailed to me

The instructions below will change the way Guild Wars 2 connects on your network. In short, this will force all inbound and outbound data to use port 80. Since port 80 is a very common port, it usually has the least amount of issues with transmission of data. To do this:

Locate the file “GW2.exe” and right-click it, selecting “Create Shortcut.”
Rename this shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Port Test.”
Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties.”
Edit the “Target” line to include /clientport 80 at the end. Note: Please make sure /clientport 80 is outside of the quotes. — Correctly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” /clientport 80 — Incorrectly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe /clientport 80”
Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes. If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try Step 4 again.
Double click “Guild Wars 2 Port Test” and try connecting again.

hope this works for you all;)

Didn’t work for me, just any other possible fix suggested in this thread.

Posted by: ballymun.3986

ballymun.3986

“C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -nomusic -maploadinfo -bmp

^^ What I use, adding /clientport 80 or -clientport 80 didn’t help matters.

ballymun.3986

If that’s the kind of stuff the customer support are emailing as solutions then really, this is beyond a joke now at this stage.

If Anet don’t have the staff or experience to fix the problem then they need to employ people who do. Ridiculous this problem has gone on for so long and people are being given stupid stuff like -clientport 80 as a solution.

Posted by: wirapuru.6548

wirapuru.6548

I downloaded PrivateTunnel from OpenVPN, and while I’m connected I can access the my character (was stuck in Lion’s Arch) without issues.

Thanks for the tip, since they have that 100mb data transfer free I guess I’ll try to use it for char “rescues”, heh. At this point doesn’t hurt to try everything.

Posted by: Deaths Sensei.5317

Deaths Sensei.5317

looks like today i can’t login to rata sum… (map IP 64.25.33.51)
guess its nearing time to uninstall & move on to a new game for me too.
also, as with the few posters above, am getting emails from support for stupid things like “reset your router”. they refuse to admit that its not a problem on OUR end.

Posted by: Kornel Kazmierczak.1875

Kornel Kazmierczak.1875

If that’s the kind of stuff the customer support are emailing as solutions then really, this is beyond a joke now at this stage.

If Anet don’t have the staff or experience to fix the problem then they need to employ people who do. Ridiculous this problem has gone on for so long and people are being given stupid stuff like -clientport 80 as a solution.

It depends on ISP. Maybe Anet don’t have this problem in their HQ so they can’t solve this problem as fast as they would like to. Instead of writing posts like this, you could write something about this error to help solve this problem. What’s more there are people who didn’t even know that router can be resetted and not many people know about switches which can be used in command line in shortcut of GW2. Help, do not criticize.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

My connection is NOT the root cause of this problem. In fact, my internet connection is as fine as it can be. To prove you wrong, I have no problem logging into the game and play. I only got stuck on some specific map, but sometimes I can access those maps. And because I cannot access Eternal Battleground at all, I made a conclusion that it has something to do with the map IP. why? different layer of maps are assigned to different map ID, except the WvW maps. WvW maps are locked to one IP for the whole week. Unless you can provide me a better explanation to this, you have not proven me wrong. IF my IP/DNS has not changed, nor has the server map IP, then why is it sometimes I can access them? since the map IP has a same format of regular internet public IP, I believe each map with each layer has its own server host.

All I was saying is that when the game was attempting to connect my IP to some specific server IP, it got rejected and returned a connection error message. However, neither IP has a problem in itself, that lead me to think it’s the problem in the program codes.

note: we should not be forced to change our DNS in order to play the game. It’s not a feasible solution. First of all, it is not our problem, we (the thousands of us) have a stable working internet connection. Second, how are you going to deal with tens of thousands potential new players in the future who’s having the same issue?

Being able to connect to specific IPs on the public internet does not mean OTHER specific IPs might not be an issue BECAUSE your ISP is somehow routing them differently (and potentially, the DNS your system is currently using (your ISPs most likely) is translating them incorrectly). Once more, the fact that it worked from another location (that is likely using a DIFFERENT DNS) PROVES Anet is not 100% at fault here. I am not saying something they have changed recently has not made this situation worse, but it’s a combination of things and my suggestion eliminates one of them…..where your system is getting it’s DNS info from.

Heck….don’t try what I suggested….good luck.

EDIT: Saw this and wanted to add:

note: we should not be forced to change our DNS in order to play the game. It’s not a feasible solution. First of all, it is not our problem, we (the thousands of us) have a stable working internet connection. Second, how are you going to deal with tens of thousands potential new players in the future who’s having the same issue?

You are 100% correct. BUT your ISP is responsible for how your system gets it’s DNS when you use their network. If they have faulty DNS info (or something that makes specific IPs not get identified correctly) is that really ANets fault? Again, I’m just making a suggestion that MIGHT just git rid of this problem for you entirely and you want to argue about WHO should be responsible for fixing it. Which is going to get you playing the game sooner?

On the issue of it working via VPN. That makes total sense and does NOT prove it’s an issue on Anet’s end. It just proves that the VPN network you are now using to connect to Anet’s servers can properly connect without having these issues. This is NOT news as hundreds of thousands of players are proving that point every second they don’t have these issues. Again, it kind of supports my theory about the DNS being a problem as the VPN network obviously does NOT use your local ISP DNS to connect to Anet servers….

Anyone interested in trying to fix this issue SHOULD at least TRY to redirect their DNS to a known good source. There are threads on this site and all over the internet about how to do this. I am in no way suggesting this is a permanent fix or that you should HAVE to do this, but if a workaround is possible, why should you not try it?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: SaiClone.5162

SaiClone.5162

I’m getting extremely frustrated with this as well. I only have a couple weeks left to grind and get a precursor as well as just relax from work and play with my friends but this problem is affecting my ability to join the game (since close to release). I’ve tried everything this thread had to offer so far and it all failed to work.

In trying to cope with this, I just keep telling myself this is all part of Mordremoth’s sick plan since his vines have already been attached to our waypoints.

Mordremoth is real.
Save us Anet.

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

So far I’ve been able to correct this issue (and a completely unresponsive tradepost) by turning on my VPN service before activating the client. By doing so I approach the game servers from a completely different route.

Whether I am using VPN or regular access, I am also noticing lag spikes to the point of screen freezes and an increased amount of crashes. For me, this started roughly 2 days ago. This may or may not be related.

Posted by: Agapitus.4317

Agapitus.4317

stuck as it can stuck be cant move a thing still no fix mmz

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’ll give it one last effort to help with this problem (and I have no idea if this will correct it, so sorry if it does not work).

Redirect your DNS to KNOWN good source:
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Complaining that this is 100% Anet’s fault and getting frustrated is NOT going to get you back to playing….the above just might.

NOTE: The above should also have the side effect of fixing the recent issues with many overseas players that have BLTP lock up issues…..this has already been proven to be a DNS related issue, so I am hopeful the above may clear up at least some players “zone load lock up” issues as well. Fingers crossed.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

ît gets worse and worse every day, first i couldn’t connect to EB only, then it was cursed shore… the list of maps i can’t access grows bigger every day

i am literary forced to use different proxy (using wtfast atm) just to be able to play :/

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: gamerdude.4289

gamerdude.4289

I’ll give it one last effort to help with this problem (and I have no idea if this will correct it, so sorry if it does not work).

Complaining that this is 100% Anet’s fault and getting frustrated is NOT going to get you back to playing….the above just might.

NOTE: The above should also have the side effect of fixing the recent issues with many overseas players that have BLTP lock up issues…..this has already been proven to be a DNS related issue, so I am hopeful the above may clear up at least some players “zone load lock up” issues as well. Fingers crossed.

This is a very good suggestion. I’ve had a lot of good experiences using Google DNS in the past when my ISP’s DNS has failed me for whatever reason. I agree that anyone having this problem should at least try this. While this shouldn’t be the long term solution, it could allow you to play more quickly than if you had just waited for Anet to work through their issues/with ISPs/with network transit providers.

Of course, with the above said, I tried using Google DNS and I still have the same problem, but others in this thread have noted that it worked for them. A change that’s this simple is always worth a shot. Worst case it doesn’t work and you’re no worse off.

Posted by: LadyMorrigan.3071

LadyMorrigan.3071

I AM using public Google DNS, I have the same error using it or not using it. Maybe for some, it works, not for me, and many others.

Fort Aspenwood
11 characters, playing 8 classes

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

Wall of text

Occam’s razor. If suddenly people from all over the world with all kinds of different ISPs are having the exact same issue, but ONLY with NCSoft games, then what is more likely? That all these people AND their providers are suddenly having connectivity/software/hardware/DNS issues? Or that something is going wrong somewhere at the side of whatever ISP NCSoft uses or the datacenter where their games are hosted?

And honestly, it’s not like I haven’t seen issues like this half a dozen times before with other games. If this many people are affected, it invariably turns out to be a server side issue. In one notorious case, way long ago when the US and EU were all using the same servers, someone at the City of Heroes’ end of the connection had managed to block all incoming traffic from Europe. Oh joy. We could not even mail support, because (how else) that too was blocked. In other cases the load balancing on the server side for specific IP address blocks turned out to be at fault. Or there just happened to be a DDOS going that game support declined to tell us about….

Posted by: Aikiko Kuwahari.5362

Aikiko Kuwahari.5362

Please note. We would like to know the following:

• Your ISP
  • Your location (country and, if possible, general location within the country, such as state, region, etc.)
  • Your territory or region: NA or EU
  • Your Game World (such as Fort Aspenwood, Desolation, Arborstone, etc.)
  • The full Error Code you are receiving. (A partial code will not aid the investigation.)
  • The number of characters with the problem
  • The map name(s) on which the character or characters are trying to load

Thank you for providing that information.

• Elisa (elisa.com)
  • Riihimaki, Southern Finland, Finland
  • In-game NA, native EU
  • 7:11:3:191:101
  • Northern Shiverpeaks
  • One
  • Caledon Forest (from The Grove)

Used a handle /clientport 80 in shortcuts “target” path for a bit and got my disconnects sorted out with it. Sadly I wasn’t able to bring the issue back so I could’ve confirmed error code, but search history did confirm that I had very same error.

Posted by: jjgw.9035

jjgw.9035

My connection is NOT the root cause of this problem. In fact, my internet connection is as fine as it can be. To prove you wrong, I have no problem logging into the game and play. I only got stuck on some specific map, but sometimes I can access those maps. And because I cannot access Eternal Battleground at all, I made a conclusion that it has something to do with the map IP. why? different layer of maps are assigned to different map ID, except the WvW maps. WvW maps are locked to one IP for the whole week. Unless you can provide me a better explanation to this, you have not proven me wrong. IF my IP/DNS has not changed, nor has the server map IP, then why is it sometimes I can access them? since the map IP has a same format of regular internet public IP, I believe each map with each layer has its own server host.

All I was saying is that when the game was attempting to connect my IP to some specific server IP, it got rejected and returned a connection error message. However, neither IP has a problem in itself, that lead me to think it’s the problem in the program codes.

Being able to connect to specific IPs on the public internet does not mean OTHER specific IPs might not be an issue BECAUSE your ISP is somehow routing them differently (and potentially, the DNS your system is currently using (your ISPs most likely) is translating them incorrectly). Once more, the fact that it worked from another location (that is likely using a DIFFERENT DNS) PROVES Anet is not 100% at fault here. I am not saying something they have changed recently has not made this situation worse, but it’s a combination of things and my suggestion eliminates one of them…..where your system is getting it’s DNS info from.

Heck….don’t try what I suggested….good luck.

EDIT: Saw this and wanted to add:

You are 100% correct. BUT your ISP is responsible for how your system gets it’s DNS when you use their network. If they have faulty DNS info (or something that makes specific IPs not get identified correctly) is that really ANets fault? Again, I’m just making a suggestion that MIGHT just git rid of this problem for you entirely and you want to argue about WHO should be responsible for fixing it. Which is going to get you playing the game sooner?

On the issue of it working via VPN. That makes total sense and does NOT prove it’s an issue on Anet’s end. It just proves that the VPN network you are now using to connect to Anet’s servers can properly connect without having these issues. This is NOT news as hundreds of thousands of players are proving that point every second they don’t have these issues. Again, it kind of supports my theory about the DNS being a problem as the VPN network obviously does NOT use your local ISP DNS to connect to Anet servers….

Anyone interested in trying to fix this issue SHOULD at least TRY to redirect their DNS to a known good source. There are threads on this site and all over the internet about how to do this. I am in no way suggesting this is a permanent fix or that you should HAVE to do this, but if a workaround is possible, why should you not try it?

Anet should give this guy the Ultimate Defender title, seriously.

just because he kept saying Anet is not at fault, although he later changed to not 100% at fault. well, since I am not as good as him, I cannot prove this is not Anet’s fault. In fact, I never tried to prove who’s fault it was. I was just trying to find the source of the problem.

now since we are on topic on who’s fault it was. my take is that the game was running fine for many of us before the latest patch, then all the sudden everything’s gone wrong after the patch. who’s fault is that?

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Used a handle /clientport 80 in shortcuts “target” path for a bit and got my disconnects sorted out with it. Sadly I wasn’t able to bring the issue back so I could’ve confirmed error code, but search history did confirm that I had very same error.

Interesting. I’ll give that a try next, as I’ve tried everything else.
As always, I research everything: -clientport 80

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Posted by: Asterion.1598

Asterion.1598

ArenaNet is solving the problem of who is contacting or is just collecting occurrences?

Posted by: JonSnow.5610

JonSnow.5610

ISP: Scarlet
Region: US (MURICA)
Server: Blackgate
All my characters are effected, though I can load into a different map but a dungeon map will return the same error on all of them.

Been getting this error code for several days now, since I have maploadinfo on – it gets stuck at state_map_agent_stream iirc.

Usually I’m fine up to a certain point when I try to load into a dungeon like Sorrows Embrace where it will freak out and return this error. Had it on AC and Plains of Ashford as well..

Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?
Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise can not see all ends

(edited by JonSnow.5610)

Posted by: moomba.1430

moomba.1430

ISP: TELE2 Nederland
Server Region: US
Game World: Ehmry Bay
Error code: 7:11:3:191:101
ALL characters affected
Map names: Usually all WvW maps, Plains of Ashford and Ascalonian Catacombs. I have not tried every zone.

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

Happening at this moment to all my characters in “Heart of the Mists”.

BTW, this looks like a routing problem, NOT related in anyway to the player. Did you (ArenaNet) changed something in your network configuration recently? related to DNS maybe?

Could be also server side (as I said in previous post) because everytime this happens to me is in a popular map, the maps that probably have multiple instances (megaserver), this of course could be just a coincidence.

(edited by NeHoMaR.9812)

Agapitus.4317

when that frekin deff is going to fin a f solution to fix this kitten getting fed up with reinstalling the game and be able to play this they lock the hole fek maps out to play it when do we aspect a update of a moderator who blame us for this

Agapitus.4317

12 days of pain

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

Happened today again

ISP: Bahnhof
Server Region: US
Game World: NSP
Error code: 7:11:3:191:101 (double checked)

At Fireheart Rise, 2m from this post. All character trying to enter that zone is effected at this moment.

Posted by: Treydon.9625

Treydon.9625

Keeps happening to me, so far the only thing i’ve been able to do to fix the thing is reinstall the game completely, which isn’t really a fix since its a large game and this error happens quite frequently, and it was probably a coincidence that it came up working again. Hope it can be fixed soon, I’ve tried everything that i have come across on the forums and nothing seems to fix it. Atleast the forums have some answers better than tech support, all i got in return was an email saying to unplug my router…

Edit: Now none of my chars can load into the game, and they are all in different maps.

(edited by Treydon.9625)

Agapitus.4317

u know i been guesting servers to get out a map router stuff when do we aspect a bloody fix what reset tonight i cant even fight

Posted by: Shequi.4763

Shequi.4763

Seemingly fixed on Rilya Faer, but returning to the thread with the same problem on another character…

ISP – BT Internet
Location – UK – Leeds area
Territory – NA
Game World – Stormbluff Isle
Error – 7:11:33:191:101
Character – Sola Na Ceae
Map – The Grove

Posted by: Aikiko Kuwahari.5362

Aikiko Kuwahari.5362

Trust me sweetheart, it works either way. x) Not sure about all possible options, but at least I know that clientport works (even tho I normally use dash-prefix).

ballymun.3986

It depends on ISP. Maybe Anet don’t have this problem in their HQ so they can’t solve this problem as fast as they would like to. Instead of writing posts like this, you could write something about this error to help solve this problem. What’s more there are people who didn’t even know that router can be resetted and not many people know about switches which can be used in command line in shortcut of GW2. Help, do not criticize.

Oh I gave plenty of detailed info in previous posts here, learn to read before you start playing the fanboi and lashing abuse out at people who dare to make legitimately critical posts.
There’s a lot of people effected by this problem, a LOT and having support put out ridiculous stuff in replies is NOT helpful.

Like I said, if they haven’t got the qualified professional people to sort out the problem then go employ some and stop employing temporary interns and contract staff, losing badly needed experience along the way. It’s not like this is the first time this issue has popped up for many people, there’s threads going back over a year here with similar if not exactly the same problem.

Posted by: Pwnflakes.2498

Pwnflakes.2498

Was able to get back onto my main for the past two hours. Everything was fine until I tried WPing to Divinity’s Reach then BAM, an instant Error 7:11:3:191:101.
This issue needs to be fixed.

Posted by: Otaktay.5074

Otaktay.5074

Same here, I’ve been having these code 7 disconnection errors since last living world patch. I’ve tried multiple fix attempts provided by community such as
- Disabling Windows Firewall and Windows defender;
- opening the ports 80, 443, 6112 and 6600 for GW2 in windows firewall and my Telus modem;
- deleting the local.dat file;
- Changing my DNS to Google DNS;
- etc.

And nothing of the above works for me. What gets me angry is that before that Living story patch, I’ve never had any problems since beta… and on top of that, all my guildies can play without a hitch.

So here are my infos as asked by Anet:

ISP: Telus
Server Region: NA
Game World: Maguuma
Error code: 7:11:3:191:101

I really hope that Anet will be able to provide a good fix for this nonsense.

Attachments:

(edited by Otaktay.5074)

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Trust me sweetheart, it works either way. x) Not sure about all possible options, but at least I know that clientport works (even tho I normally use dash-prefix).

Yes, I know it does. Says so at the top of the page. :p
This method seemed to have been working all day while I was farming foxfire all over the usual maps, until I tried to load Dry Top again, and * crash *.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Posted by: Naztharune.2806

Naztharune.2806

It’s my second day with this issue, I’m still hopeful.
But a click away from FFXIV: ARR…can’t just waste a slow weekend, right =]

Posted by: Furion.9850

Furion.9850

Server: Kaineng
Provider: Optimum Online.

Redirect your DNS to KNOWN good source according to Brother Grimm did help my situation a bit.

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/how-to-find-out-what-my-dns-servers-address-is/#windowsxp

This enable my stuck toon to be able to login and move to another map. However, the connection error still continues. People who haven’t tried this method and is stuck in limbo attempting to get on map, should try this tip. Please look at both links if you have no idea what you’re doing. I didn’t know what I was doing, but it’s really simple. Write down your original settings before making any changes or take a picture of it if you’re to lazy to write (cellphone *click*click* or windows snipping tool). This way if it doesn’t help your situation, you can always return to what it was before.

If you’re still stuck, try this as well to login on map:

Aikiko Kuwahari.5362:

Use a handle /clientport 80 in shortcuts “target” path for a bit and got my disconnects sorted out with it.

Ebony Star.2840
Similarly you can try your Guild Wars 2 shortcut and right click it, then choose “Properties.”
In the line that says “Target,” add a space at the end of the target line and then add the following: –prefreset (with the dash)
Your target line then should look something like this:
“C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” –prefreset
Click “Apply” and then “OK.”

All these methods helped me out to be unstuck and able to login. Please remember this does not stop the connection error from occuring again. It will continue as you play.

(edited by Furion.9850)

Posted by: Ilmatar.6709

Ilmatar.6709

ISP: Elisa/Saunalahti
Server Region: NA, native: EU
Game world: Fort Aspenwood (NA)
Error code: “The game client lost it’s connection to the server. Please wait few minutes before restarting the client and try again (Code=7:11:3:191:101)”
Characters stuck: 1
Map: Timberline Falls

I can play with those characters who are in these maps:
Caledon Forest, Metrica Province, Queensdale, Wayfarer Foothills, Plains of Ashford and Diessa Plateau.

I have been stucked in these maps: Brisban Wildlands, Timberline Falls, Straits of Devastation, other maps I havent tested.

Usually I get stuck if I am traveling with those “Door ways” between maps what I haven’t open yet, but if I have been opened waypoints before in same maps , I can jump in these areas too without getting stuck.

So, could someone explain to me, like 5 years old kid, how it is my IP/DNS problem, if I am able to play in specific maps and I am able to jump wp to wp in those maps where I have been visited before?

Posted by: DarkusTheFirst.6890

DarkusTheFirst.6890

ISP: Optimum Wifi
Game world: Eredon Terrace (NA)
Error code: “The game client lost it’s connection to the server. Please wait few minutes before restarting the client and try again (Code=7:11:3:191:101)”
Characters stuck: 1
Map: Ashford Plains

To be noted. I was there yesterday with no issues. Had no problems doing stuff on the map, including doing jumping puzzles, which often killed me and required a re-spawn, and yet out of the blue…This happens again.

I just tried to log in and then I got this?
“The game client was unable to connect to the log-in server. Please restart your client and try again. If the problem persists, contact Customer Support at http://support.guildwars2.com
Build: 3716
Error Code: 58:11:5:535

Now, given the fact it appeared no less than a minute afterwards. maybe they are related somehow?

I really have no idea what is going on with this anymore.

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

At this exact moment I can’t enter BG/TC Borderlands with any of my characters. But I can play normally on Eternal Battlegrounds and JQ Borderlands. Actually I just played 2 hours in EB, and I am in JQBL at the moment.

Posted by: Aureli.6487

Aureli.6487

ISP: Deutsche Telekom AG
Game World: Devona’s Rest
Error Code: 7:11:3:191:101

All of my characters disconnect randomly. It happened in Caldon Forest, EB, LA and when I was playing my personal story. I contacted the ISP – they said everything is perfectly fine. After reading most of the posts here, I restarted my modem but (Surprise!) it didn’t help.

Posted by: Harbinger.5129

Harbinger.5129

Server region: NA
Game World: Crystal Desert and two random ones (I went as a guest)
Error Code: 7:11:3:191:101
Map: Lion’s Arch, Kessex Hills, Hoelbrak, Divinity’s Reach, Queensdale.

Just to register that I’m among the lucky players who are getting “Connection error 7:11:3:191:101”.

It started on monday (aug/04/2014) like just once. Next day twice… today I simply cannot play. Whenever my characters have to port to a busy area (for instance Lion’s Arch / Divinity’s Reach / Living Story Season 2 areas), all I get is an endless loading screen followed by the lovely connection error mentioned above.

I do think it is an issue related to ANet, I understand though that with new megaserver techies things can go crazy. And I can patiently wait till everything is sorted out.

Edit: I’m not giving my location and stuff because I consider such info very private.

Edit 2: I changed my DNS to Google’s as mentioned by someone in a previous post and nothing has changed.

(edited by Harbinger.5129)

Posted by: Doc Quixotic.6840

Doc Quixotic.6840

ISP: XS4All
Your territory or region: NA server
Your Game World: Sea of Sorrows
The full Error Code you are receiving: Connection error 7:11:3:191:101
The number of characters with the problem: Currently 3.
The Map Names of stuck characters: Dredgehaunt Cliffs, Lion’s Arch

Posted by: Otaktay.5074

Otaktay.5074

See?… as clients of ArenaNet, I don’t see how it would be relevant for us to go all “monkey see monkey do” with all those tweaks and modifications to our modems, DNS, etc.

If these tweaks would be good and legitimate, they would work for everyone... not just a random bunch of people. With the amount of players that suddenly start having these connections problem not long after the last episode of living story was released (and might I remind you folks that it was totally bugged on the initial release), with all due respect, it is clear that the problem comes from the Dev’s side. And I’m not bashing Anet here, they do a wonderful job with this epic game… I’m just saying that THEY need to fix this.

Sorry but I really don’t see how the problem could be from our end… on my part, I’ve been playing GW2 since early beta and until this last living world release, I have NEVER had a connection problem that prevented me to play like this. Now, no matter what characters I log in with, after a couple of way points the 7:11:3:191:101 connection crashing begins and I’m no longer able to play at all.

I’m totally disappointed at the moment since I really like to play this game with my friends and now I’m unable to.

Please Anet, fix this fast for all of your community!

(edited by Otaktay.5074)

Posted by: Monimon.6710

Monimon.6710

Your ISP : Unitymedia
Your location: Germany, NRW, Cologne
Your territory or region: NA
Your Game World: Tarnished Coast
Error Code : 7:11:3:191:101
The number of characters with the problem : 1
Map: Gendarren Fields