Tier 1: BG/JQ/SoR 05/10/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Also, I have it from a good source that BG is going to go MIA for the rest of WvW this week

I can’t tell if you’re actually serious.

Wasn’t MERC/ND completely MIA today? I logged on and BG was ticking at 65 during SEA..

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

I haven’t admitted neither JQ or BG has EU presence. JQ’s is very weak yes, but BG has managed 500 PPT at EU slot multiple times last week. So we’ll see.

that’s ND and MW, plus some of the MERC (MERC has some international players playing) doing extra hours…i pray to the Spirit of the Wilds for their health everyday.

the new T1 will be like this

NA prime time
SoR: god-tier
BG: good
JQ: decent (good if PvE scrubs show up, and the guilds can stop kittening about each others)

EU prime time

SoR: good
BG: decent ( good if BG SEA doing overtime)
JQ: bad (decent if JQ SEA doing overtime)

Oceanic prime time

SoR: decent
BG: god-tier
JQ: Good

SEA prime time

JQ: god-tier (sorry fellow BG, i still do think JQ has the best SEA time)
SoR: decent ( they are actually doing a solid job holding what they have during that time)

I thought SEA and Oceanic count as one region? did you just separate the hawaiians and pacific islanders from the asians?

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

Look!

I found the rare and endangered MERC! QUICK! SNUGGLE THEM!

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

History in the making. Some quick facts about SoR.

• We began 17th place, and are now projected for 1st place.
  • We have never dropped down a tier only risen.
  • We have only ever dropped a rank within a tier twice (both times in T1 from 2nd to 3rd).
  • Every major guild that has joined SoR competes in WvW and has never left.
  • Our TeamSpeak is 2nd most active server in NA and 10th world wide averaging 250 people an hour and just under 2600 users.

Things are only looking up! Good job to everyone who has made this possible and remember i take 95% of the credit due because of my insane siege masteries.

Not entirely true we lost ND to BG. I remember BG was beating us every week, and demoralizing our Sea players so badly that they convinced them that their best chance to get to T1 would be to transfer off of SoR to move to BG. We all know how that went though. 2 weeks later we moved up to T1 and BG dropped back down to T2 again.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Match-ups

Aurust.8961

I haven’t admitted neither JQ or BG has EU presence. JQ’s is very weak yes, but BG has managed 500 PPT at EU slot multiple times last week. So we’ll see.

that’s ND and MW, plus some of the MERC (MERC has some international players playing) doing extra hours…i pray to the Spirit of the Wilds for their health everyday.

NA prime time
JQ: decent (good if PvE scrubs show up, and the guilds can stop kittening about each others)

EU prime time

Oceanic prime time

SEA prime time

SoR: decent ( they are actually doing a solid job holding what they have during that time)

I thought SEA and Oceanic count as one region? did you just separate the hawaiians and pacific islanders from the asians?

Oceanic and SEA are not the same, though there is some overlap.

JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zaeon.3846

Zaeon.3846

• We have only ever dropped a rank within a tier twice (both times in T1 from 2nd to 3rd).
  • Our TeamSpeak is 2nd most active server in NA and 10th world wide averaging 250 people an hour and just under 2600 users.

You forgot to add

• SoR has never bought/bribed a wvw guild unlike ____________

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Are we planning for the Sanghae/Cuddlestrike wedding this summer?

If so, we’ll spread the word around the SoR community and make sure to do it nice at a fantastic location.

Let us know you two.

Can I be the pink haired flower girl? XD

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

You forgot to add

• SoR has never bought/bribed a wvw guild unlike ____________

Enlighten me friend

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Are we planning for the Sanghae/Cuddlestrike wedding this summer?

If so, we’ll spread the word around the SoR community and make sure to do it nice at a fantastic location.

Let us know you two.

Can I be the pink haired flower girl? XD

If it ever ever ever happens…. sure you can! Why not!?!

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jonto.2160

Jonto.2160

Also, I have it from a good source that BG is going to go MIA for the rest of WvW this week

Wasn’t MERC/ND completely MIA today? I logged on and BG was ticking at 65 during SEA..

I’ve seen a lot of MERC and ND in southsun, it’s also overflow there, Don’t worry there’s more days and weeks for this t1 battle

I believe in cookies.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Not entirely true we lost ND to BG. I remember BG was beating us every week, and demoralizing our Sea players so badly that they convinced them that their best chance to get to T1 would be to transfer off of SoR to move to BG. We all know how that went though. 2 weeks later we moved up to T1 and BG dropped back down to T2 again.

Edit: Just did my checking on the history site and what i said seems correct:

17th T6
14th T5 (for 2 weeks)
9th T3
7th T3
5th T2 (for 11 weeks)
4th T2
4th T2
2nd T1 (for 5 weeks)
3rd T1 (for 5 weeks) < 1st drop within a Tier.
2nd T1 (for 2 weeks)
3rd T1 (for 3 weeks) < 2nd drop within a Tier.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

(edited by Ascii.9726)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Using New York as the base timezone

Oceanic really starts around 4 am to 8 am
SEA starts around 8 am to 12 pm
NA would start around 12 pm to 12am
EU would start around 12 am to 4 am

There are offcourse many variables, including weekend or weekday and multiple overlaps

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

NA prime time

EU prime time

Oceanic prime time

SEA prime time

We call oceanic GMT+10, and SEA GMT 8; East coast Australia is Oceanic, whilst west coast falls under the same timezone as SEA. Whereupon a lot of oceanics will do overtime going from 5pm GMT10 (3pm GMT+8) to 2am GMT+8 (4am GMT+10), so the Oceanic SEA timeslot is around that range

*ignore the random underline, its a dodgy piece of programming

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

(edited by Tarkus.4109)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

Using New York as the base timezone

Oceanic really starts around 4 am to 8 am
SEA starts around 8 am to 12 pm
NA would start around 12 pm to 12am
EU would start around 12 am to 4 am

There are offcourse many variables, including weekend or weekday and multiple overlaps

Eh, agreed on the Oceanic/SEA, but I would argue EU would be 12 PM EST to 6 PM EST. NA starts after that until around midnight EST.

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Things are only looking up! Good job to everyone who has made this possible and remember i take 95% of the credit due because of my insane siege masteries.

You went up to T1 because you farmed a dead SBI who all transferred to your server and gained 250 glicko in 2 weeks. That had nothing to do with BG.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

You went up to T1 because you farmed a dead SBI who all transferred to your server and gained 250 glicko in 2 weeks. That had nothing to do with BG.

Not like you “earned” your way to T1 either.

in Match-ups

pot.6805

Who said anything about earning? You guys sure are jumpy and ultra defensive, calm down.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

Who said anything about earning? You guys sure are jumpy and ultra defensive, calm down.

Hi pot (ironic huh?)! I’d like you to meet kettle.

in Match-ups

pot.6805

Come up with something original man.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Avenge.1478

Update from end of SEA, with Europeans about to log on :P

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

Come up with something original man.

You made a poor post and got called out on it. Chillax man and enjoy the vacation your WvW crew is taking. Smell that fresh spring air out there.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gismor.8407

Gismor.8407

I just wanna give a shoutout to Rydiar from JQ (Guild tag [HOT]). We were trying to 1v1 on EBG, but both BG and JQ guys kept showing up, then 5 SoR guys came to ruin our fun, and we managed to wipe them all. xD. It was a fun fight, and SoR had to ruin our 1v1 session.

**note: this does not mean we are allied with JQ, which I know you forum warriors will think. I just wanted a 1v1, and SoR came to crash the party, and we fought together to beat them.

[EK] Guild leader → Retired
Friend Gismor – 80 Revenant
“Always outnumbered, never outgunned.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

I’m on JQ and I just want to say that I’ve had a fantastic time losing to you guys over the past couple of weeks.

I and others could really care less about the score, so long as the great fights are there, and they have been. Just last night I was having a ball against you guys out by Ogrewatch.

Here’s to the whiners getting over their egos and perceived disadvantages and showing up!

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

Wow, all those words. Defensive much?

Just wanted to make it clear for simple minds such as yourself how T1 is atm regarding balance and what seems to be your hypocritical views on it.

You know a lot of guilds don’t go to SoR because of the TW nerd rage right?

TW was one of the main reasons we picked SoR. When we were being recruited, the SoR community was extremely upfront about what to expect and made no promises. The TW guild was very easy to work with and helped most of us transition into SoR. I had a TW commander PM me almost every hour offering guidance on who’s who and what’s what. We are all very much happy with our decision to stay and now that we are all back in action, it’s morphin time.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

MERC wasn’t actively commanding, but we had 20-25 scattered across the maps. Not quite sure why you’d say ND were MIA; they recapped our corner of ebg.

elite specs ruined pvp.

(edited by Renny.6571)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

MERC was on, but not in force anywhere when I was running around Oceanic last night, BG just seemed to not be there at all, 25 man force on SoR, 20 man force on their own BL, then the normal EB pug zerg most servers have. It just seemed to be a very off night for BG. We didn’t even have HIRE in force last night, just the remnants of NA and a handful of others from the Oceanic timeslots. I don’t know how we ticked at 400+ with a 30 man main force.

One thing is for sure, BG should just give up like that. Thats just depressing even if you consider it. Just because you’re losing, doesn’t mean you can’t come out and play yet still have fun. We’ve bunkered down and held ourselves together in bad odds, so can you. Treat this like a game, not a job.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Match-ups

Aurust.8961

Hope SoR doesn’t burn out after the server wide push this week and double times and triple times.

I really hope BG gets this delusional thought out of their head.

SOR is a bit more enthusiastic, but we are in no way pulling any overtimes. Anyone that actually pays attention to what guilds are on when will recognize this. The SOR that you see now, is the SOR you will be facing, whether we win or lose. I highly suggest that BG plans for this circumstance and not count on us burning out. Otherwise, BG will have a very difficult time ahead in wvw.

JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oresh.4729

Oresh.4729

Kind of a shame to see BG throwing the match like this. Not sure what sort of a guild would want to try to transfer to a server who throws a hissy fit when their competition obtains one guild.

I think people are just disappointed right now. A lot of our guilds/players work really hard at WvW and they put massive amounts of time and resources into trying to win.

summary : bg house is collapsing

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

This is what I have seen:

one week <insert server> get’s first place.
next week <first place server> decides to rest up and <second or third server> moves up.

Commence forum warriors saying how <first place server> is going to fail and go down a tier while <fourth place server> is going to move up. Probability of this happening based on the Glicko system = 5%.

We’ve been doing this dance for what? 2 months?

The reality is that each server, if SoR wins this week, will have had a spot at first. Which means that EVERY server is competitive. When looking at scores, you can say that the difference between scores equates to balance or you can say that the rotation of first place being balanced out over time equals balance. One is based on how close a score is week to week and one is an average taken over months of fights. As much as we might want the first to drive our guilds to be active, the reality is that life is an ebb and flow.

Have we really seen what this summer is going to bring to the people who play from school and what that will do to coverage during normal EST days? Nope. Do we know what the addition of new content is going to do to PvE vs WvWvW? Probably. So my prediction is that the current coverage meta will change in about a month.

So here’s the more important question. If the coverage meta changes over the summer time which boosts the coverage on all 3 servers will we then see closer scores as people have been complaining about?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tam.3146

Tam.3146

SEA time abt 11pm
Hard lesson for JQ:
Dont take SMC if you dont have the manpower to hold it

To the folks with me in EBG
Considering the manpower we had(outmanned all the time), we have already did a excellent job tonight

Attachments:

For Dolyaks Glory
Not Yet Solved[NYS] SOR

(edited by Tam.3146)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ashlov.3819

Ashlov.3819

Have we really seen what this summer is going to bring to the people who play from school and what that will do to coverage during normal EST days?

School? Speak for yourself, youngin’.

Chuck Chuck Bobuck – Dwarec Mercs [DM] – NA Guild on Sanctum of Rall
http://www.dwarecmercs.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3DARC_rwUQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

I have already tried thief and shortly found it no challenge… please try other classes and post some videos.
I just remembered the saying you’re only young once, but you can be immature forever.

And yet most thieves can’t come close to Yishis.

People in wvw die to thieves because EVERY thief is built for dueling and 1v1 while 80% of the wvwvw people are built for group fights… Also there already are alot of threads about how broken the class is in wvw as opposed to spvp.

Thief is the easiest class to solo play in wvw if you are skilled and like challenge play a different class and do the same. Until then it’s all the same to me.

Why so much hate? TEAM RIOT puts out a number of videos across a bunch of classes and they are all very good. No reason to insult some one because you don’t feel he meets your standard of “skill” which is relative anyway.

Maybe you should rethink how you look at the video. I doubt Yishis needs approval of forum warriors. He does a amazing job with the videos and commentary, so it shows how a good D/D thief plays in a 1vX fight which could help others learn how to counter these builds.

Thanks for the props, Zikory. And yes, I can guarantee that Yishis doesn’t care about trolls in these forums. I posted the video not for their benefit, but for the rest of the T1 player base who finds his videos educational and entertaining.

Let’s look at definition of trolling and see who qualifies… "A troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
The post has nothing to do with this thread and for educational purposes it belongs in the thief section. Please stop derailing this thread and let’s go back to it’s intent and purposes.
Can somebody please post a score update?

So sorry. Here’s another clip from T1 last night:

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in Match-ups

Posted by: Foghladha.2506

Foghladha.2506

The problem with chest thumping and bragging is that sooner or later everyone falls. The more arrogant the more likely demise is near. Being on SOR I have seen a lot of top tier servers on their way down. Every single one followed the same course. They all got over confident, they all got beat by a weaker foe, they all began infighting, and lastly they all migrated to new servers. This has been the course of many servers before and will be the course of many servers to fall.

People ask me why I’m always gunning for Blackgate, why I’ll give the order to let the JQ live so that we can smash the Blackgate instead. It’s because over the past countless weeks blackgate makes it a point to stroke their egos and say how wonderful they are compared to everyone else. They taunt, they talk trash, they push down others so they can feel better about themselves. Yet as soon as anyone defeats them they claim it being unfair or someone cheated or they’re the underdogs.

I have a simple philosophy: “He who talks the most crap, deserves a boot in their mouth to quiet their tongue.”

Arrogance is the easiest weakness to exploit. It’s also the most destructive when put to fire.

SOR: I hope we learn from those which we have passed on this crusade from #17 to Tier 1. Learn from IoJ, ET, HoD, SBI, and SoS. Being a champion isn’t about being able to win. It’s about being able to lose and learn from loss. To unite when things get tough. If we let our ego’s get in the way we will follow the same fate as those that have fallen. Every week is a new week, every foe is the greatest foe this game has to offer. Never let your guard down, and never fight each other. Stand strong and learn from our defeats so that we may better prepare for tomorrow.

P.S. SOR: Taking first place this week really would be a heck of a way to wish Roger “Oldroar” Rall happy birthday. (5/14). He may be gone but his legend lives on in all of us. Let’s make it happen

Benjamin “Foghladha.2506” Foley
Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

(edited by Moderator)

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

SEA time abt 11pm
Hard lesson for JQ:
Dont take SMC if you dont have the manpower to hold it

To the folks with me in EBG
Considering the manpower we had(outmanned all the time), we have already did a excellent job tonight

That is terrible advice. Sometimes you should take an objective just to reset the upgrades.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

P.S. SOR: Taking first place this week really would be a heck of a way to wish Roger “Oldroar” Rall happy birthday. (5/14). He may be gone but his legend lives on in all of us. Let’s make it happen

That’s actually pretty cool.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

summary : bg house is collapsing

Don’t be ridiculous.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

Have we really seen what this summer is going to bring to the people who play from school and what that will do to coverage during normal EST days?

School? Speak for yourself, youngin’.

I’m 34 so I’m not that young. Being that Anet’s prime demographics are probably 16-35 that would add 1/3 more people to WvWvW during the day. Just saying that there will be some influx.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

About Noon PST score update.

Attachments:

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Match-ups

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

That’s actually pretty cool.

Wow, that is very very cool.

I just saw the post on the SoR community site, cool indeed.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

in Match-ups

Posted by: urek mazino.4026

urek mazino.4026

that looks unhealthy…

Lo Po – Ranger – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Aurust.8961

Fail keybinds

JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: oldephartte.4369

oldephartte.4369

Something strange has happened folk
The sleeping giant has awoke
A bunch of dreams gone up in smoke
BG’s push about to choke
JQ gone out for a smoke
The server all took as a joke
The sleeping giant has awoke

Just another run-of-the-mill gamer.

Running on SoR from day 1 minute 1

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarin Twisted.4183

Tarin Twisted.4183

LOL you know the real problem is that in order to get gear to be able to compete in WvW people are forced to do the special PvE events for the gear upgrades.

Ironic how players MUST PvE to be competitive in PvP. Imagine if they included content within WvW that would allow PvP’rs to get the same gear the PvE’rs get…we may actually have people back in WvW having fun!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I could go for a coke. With my favorite bloke. I hear a frog croke. My favorite armor is broke. My undies are soaked from swimming in Ssc. Yet I am stoked.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Quarrians of the Jade!

If you’d be so kind as to pop over to the JQ server forums there’s a post with an idea I’d like to share with you all.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Proumbro.1376

Proumbro.1376

I could go for a coke. With my favorite bloke. I hear a frog croke. My favorite armor is broke. My undies are soaked from swimming in Ssc. Yet I am stoked.

Don’t mind the poke
From the SoR Fo’k
Don’t have a stroke
Just put on your cloak
And erm…

Go for a walk……

EDIT: Kitten, he used folk in his, o well, mine is better :P

Shiro No Shinigami – Necro
“Life is a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth.”

in Match-ups

Foghladha.2506

LOL you know the real problem is that in order to get gear to be able to compete in WvW people are forced to do the special PvE events for the gear upgrades.

Ironic how players MUST PvE to be competitive in PvP. Imagine if they included content within WvW that would allow PvP’rs to get the same gear the PvE’rs get…we may actually have people back in WvW having fun!

I have no idea what you’re talking about. I’ve gone into WvW at level 2 on 3 different characters and leveled to 80 without a problem. The only one I had an issue with was the Guardian. Until you get that PVT up your a paperweight. Maybe for small scale stuff it matters more but if your zerg herding or working with a large unit you blend in nicely even at level 2.

Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

in Match-ups

Foghladha.2506

Ok it’s poetry corner in the WvW thread some of these are hilarious. Keep em goin :P

in Match-ups

Avenge.1478

Dat map. Looking to hit 600 PPT before NA

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Ok it’s poetry corner in the WvW thread some of these are hilarious. Keep em goin :P

How about a haiku?

Tengus fall in love
Muffled words spoke in the night
You taste like chicken

#TeamJadeQuarry