Feedback/Questions: Town clothes, Costumes, & Combat

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sehson.2930

Sehson.2930

Ok here’s my suggestions for a solution.

1 Break up the costumes into individual part skins, So the Aetherblade XZY skin (I’m bad with names and I’m not logged into the game) While purchased as a unit, unlocks skins (Head, shoulders, chest, legs, feet, hands and possibly even back) this way everyone can get the combination of looks that they like.

I personally have found I tend towards mixing and matching skins in my PVP outfits, then going for an entire matched set.

2. Keep the town clothes screen as a costume screen. (I know this one is less likely to happen as it would eliminate the need to transmuting clothing/armor) Basically whatever is in the appropriate slot, is what is displayed. While keeping the actual armor stats, Many other MMOs offer this type of system.

That’s my suggestions, I know at this point in the game, being the changes are being released in 3 weeksish Only the first could occur in the time frame, but something for thought on further development of the wardrobe.

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I think the confusion stems from this statement:
“Some basic clothing items that are no longer available for purchase will be converted into endless tonics.”
Note they say some it doesn’t say all of the ones no longer available. We need to clarification on that.
But I do interpret that to mean the single piece items will be converted to a tonic.

Exactly. The “some” is the part I feel needs clarification. Some could refer to specific items or it could refer to only items not already owned by the player.

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

Some basic clothing items that are no longer available for purchase will be converted into endless tonics.

I’ll try explaining my thoughts in a different way, because it looks like you’re saying the same thing I did, but disagreeing with me.

Let’s say that you own a Cherry Blossom Shirt, that can no longer be purchased from the Gem Store. I do not own said shirt.

Based on the article, we know that if I were to get the shirt, it would only be as a Tonic. So, the question is: what happens to your shirt? Do they remove it from you and replace it with a tonic? Or, do you retain your shirt, but it now functions as a single-piece armor skin, like the other single-piece items mentioned?

Despite not being given an answer, the general consensus in this thread is that you’re getting screwed out of your shirt for a near-useless, unwanted tonic.

Personally, I feel that the blog would have worked better, if they had addressed the issue of Already Owned, discontinued skins. I also think it might have been simpler to ignore the tonic idea and slowly re-release older skins. However, since I don’t know why they did it, I can’t be sure that last idea is actually better.

You literally can not buy the shirt anymore. That plus the phrasing “converted”, which I’ve bolded above, makes it seem pretty obvious that the tonic is referring to your currently existing shirt.

ETA: the only thing that’s really contentious is WHICH items fall under the vague umbrella of “some”.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Posted by: Awbee.8405

Awbee.8405

At the time, no reason was given, and there was never any announcement made. I guess we know now why it was done – it’s very likely that they knew three months ago that these feature patch changes were coming, and they wanted to limit the number of people who would be negatively impacted.

It would have been far better if they had stated that this was about to happen. I know several individuals, including myself, that purchased some of those items just as they were about to disappear, thinking they were just clearing the gem store out for new items.

Thanks for the answer.

All of this makes no sense to me I mean, I assume they’re no sadists and that they do want to make money off the store. The perfect, obvious thing to do here would be to keep on selling all town clothes they ever implemented and have them be included in the wardrobe and transmutation system. This would a) make everyone happy and b) get them more revenue. I for example would buy up all the cherry blossom etc shirts, plus the cargo shorts and reading glasses, if they were account wide, I wouldn’t even need to be able to transmute them for combat, just having them as account-wide, dyable, mixable town clothes would work fine for me.

I would really like to know why they’re preferring to go the current route, and whether there’s a chance they might revert their decision.

Posted by: Ezekiel.1985

Ezekiel.1985

Keep the town clothes tab or make the pieces individual. Tonics is a really, really terrible solution.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

There’s not really a lot of confusion there. They’re talking about clothes that were on the market place that are currently expired. IE, Winter clothes, riding shorts, etc.

The bigger point of contention is the all or nothing suits. DO NOT WANT. At all.

Right, they are talking about the items on the town clothes list that were removed on December 17th. This includes:

Casual Hoodie
Cherry Blossom Shirt
Country Lace Gathered Shirt
Designer Hoodie
Dragon Emblem Shirt
Fitted Casual Shirt
Layered Vest
Leather Hoodie
Ornate Ruched Shirt
Silk Brocade Vest with Shirt
Striped Silk Vest with Shirt
Khaki Cargo Shorts
Riding Pants
Riding Boots
Riding Gloves

The last three items still exist as part of a costume set, but their individually sold versions were removed from the gem store.

Other seasonal outfits, such as the Fancy Winter Outfit, were actually part of a set, and are likely to receive the costume treatment instead of being turned into a tonic. It will not be possible to use the individual coat/pants/etc in a mix-and-match situation anymore.

There’s still the Mad King event sets, the Mad King, Witch and many other stuff also sold in separate.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

Right, they are talking about the items on the town clothes list that were removed on December 17th. This includes:

Casual Hoodie
Cherry Blossom Shirt
Country Lace Gathered Shirt
Designer Hoodie
Dragon Emblem Shirt
Fitted Casual Shirt
Layered Vest
Leather Hoodie
Ornate Ruched Shirt
Silk Brocade Vest with Shirt
Striped Silk Vest with Shirt
Khaki Cargo Shorts
Riding Pants
Riding Boots
Riding Gloves

The last three items still exist as part of a costume set, but their individually sold versions were removed from the gem store.

I totally missed this, wasn’t playing actively at the time. I wanted to buy some of those :O
Why were they removed?

what about devil horns? am i the only person who has them or something?

Awbee.8405

No, I have them, too. ^^

Posted by: Liraz.8062

Liraz.8062

Other seasonal outfits, such as the Fancy Winter Outfit, were actually part of a set, and are likely to receive the costume treatment instead of being turned into a tonic. It will not be possible to use the individual coat/pants/etc in a mix-and-match situation anymore.

There’s still the Mad King event sets, the Mad King, Witch and many other stuff also sold in separate.

Yes, in previous sales, these outfits came as a set of several separate items, one for each slot (head/coat/pants/etc). I have no idea how they intend to handle those. Will the separate items become tonics and only new Mad King outfits be full, inseparable costumes? Will everyone who has ever bought that item be issued a new Mad King outfit and the pieces of the old ones disappear? Who knows!

This is one of those things we really need a developer to answer, as it’s impossible to speculate.

Firstwatch Irregular Company – RP, Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Peach Pinky.6501

Peach Pinky.6501

Please, as this is important to me. During Halloween, there was the Mad Prince’s outfit, I saw picture of it all over the place when I was out in town that day, I got VERY excited about this new, and very necro- esque armor, only to have my hopes and dreams shattered when it was revealed to me that they were town clothes. Will limited time clothing come back for a week at a time so that those that were not able to, or would like to take advantage of these new changes can get the look they truly want?

Posted by: Howell Qagan.9752

Howell Qagan.9752

Nah, but they said in this thread before that single piece headgear will be applied as headgear armor.

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

Nah, but they said in this thread before that single piece headgear will be applied as headgear armor.

ace, so i can have devil horns on my characters when fighting? >:D

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Some basic clothing items that are no longer available for purchase will be converted into endless tonics.

I’ll try explaining my thoughts in a different way, because it looks like you’re saying the same thing I did, but disagreeing with me.

Let’s say that you own a Cherry Blossom Shirt, that can no longer be purchased from the Gem Store. I do not own said shirt.

Based on the article, we know that if I were to get the shirt, it would only be as a Tonic. So, the question is: what happens to your shirt? Do they remove it from you and replace it with a tonic? Or, do you retain your shirt, but it now functions as a single-piece armor skin, like the other single-piece items mentioned?

Despite not being given an answer, the general consensus in this thread is that you’re getting screwed out of your shirt for a near-useless, unwanted tonic.

Personally, I feel that the blog would have worked better, if they had addressed the issue of Already Owned, discontinued skins. I also think it might have been simpler to ignore the tonic idea and slowly re-release older skins. However, since I don’t know why they did it, I can’t be sure that last idea is actually better.

You literally can not buy the shirt anymore. That plus the phrasing “converted”, which I’ve bolded above, makes it seem pretty obvious that the tonic is referring to your currently existing shirt.

ETA: the only thing that’s really contentious is WHICH items fall under the vague umbrella of “some”.

Why are you repeating what I said?

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

I will request a refund that GW2 didn’t give me the same experience as WoW did.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here is some more official information on the Wardrobe and Town Clothes (and Dyes) for those that may still have questions:

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/45889307-Dyes

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/46419166-Wardrobe

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/45944258-Town-Clothes

Hope that clears up some of the questions. =)

Posted by: Wubdor.5190

Wubdor.5190

Here is some more official information on the Wardrobe and Town Clothes (and Dyes) for those that may still have questions:

Thank you for this. It seems like that instead of changing town clothes into actual armour pieces like everybody wants, they’re opting for the refund way. Fair enough. I won’t be buying town clothes ever again.

Posted by: Mint Rain.6798

Mint Rain.6798

Just re-posting this here since it’s more relevant to this thread:

While I’m usually amused by the creative lengths some go to find something to complain about on these forums, the concerns about the ‘all or nothing’ system for town clothes is totally justified.

I was going to quote a post that I specifically agreed with detailing the problems with the proposed town clothes wardrobe system but there was just too many that word for word mirrored my concerns.

I really do think the community found the ‘fly in the ointment’ of the otherwise exciting new wardrobe system. ArenaNet, please re-think & re-work just this part of the proposed wardrobe system and make all town clothes mix & match just like every other piece of armor in the game.

I feel it’s the only part of the new wardrobe system ArenaNet has missed the mark on and hope they will be flexible enough to fix it before it goes live.

This describes how I feel perfectly. So here’s the deal:

A lot of the changes they’re making in this upcoming patch are comparable to Guild Wars (1). I won’t touch base about all the pve/wvw/pvp changes they’re making and how they’re similar because they don’t matter in this thread. However, on costumes? When you bought a costume from the store you had three options:

1) Dye color
2) If you wanted to wear the entire costume
3) If you wanted to wear just the helm or just the outfit.

Whereas this doesn’t give you the option (apparently) for just wearing the outfit or just wearing the helm it is very “similar” in the way that one costume = one full outfit.

Now this system was flawed. There were certainly pieces of the actual outfits I would have loved to mix in Guild Wars. That being said the game is older. Guild Wars 2 is not an older game and already has the implemented code to allow us to change out the Town Clothes.

There’s multiple reasons why this is bad for business and bad for us. Some of those include:

Less Customization – People like to choose exactly how they look. If they cannot it will be less used.

Unfavorable Pieces – I don’t use the fuzzy shoulders or hat (for example) from the Wintersday town clothes. This is because I don’t like them. Now, other players do. Tastes vary in large MMOs and trying to force everyone to one system is not going to work for you.

Expense – These costumes can be expensive for your player base. You’re asking them to shovel out more money for costumes but are giving them less customization.

Roleplayers – Roleplayers are a huge part of your income because they like vanity items. If you remove the customization over their character they’re not going to continue funding you (see previous notes).

There are far more reasons than this. Admittedly, the solution is really simple. Just keep them as individual pieces. I am rather disappointed about this change and I hope that the developers reconsider it before it’s too late.

Addition :
After reading the provided link ( https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/45944258-Town-Clothes ) I don’t feel like they’re going to change this upcoming system. It is disheartening. Perhaps if (when) they see the decrease in sales on these costume items they’ll shift it back to the old ways (that, or when they see how many people request a refund).

(edited by Mint Rain.6798)

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

Thank you for this. It seems like that instead of changing town clothes into actual armour pieces like everybody wants, they’re opting for the refund way. Fair enough. I won’t be buying town clothes ever again.

This is really disappointing – I hate the fact that I bought all these pieces and now they are making them essentially useless and ugly.

blech – surely they could not have seriously thought about this before settling on this solution.

I, too will no longer waste money on town clothes and, frankly, there isn’t that much more I suspect I will want anyway.

Posted by: Wraithen.6059

Wraithen.6059

Read carefully:
“What’s happening to town clothes with the April 2104 Feature Build?
The separation between in-combat and out-of combat appearance is being replaced by a completely new armor skinning system known as Wardrobe. This conversion will affect the town clothes that you already own in one of three ways:
Town clothing sets such as the Pirate Captain’s Outfit or Mad King’s Outfit will become one-piece account unlocks known as outfits which can be toggled to be displayed on your character instead of armor, even during combat.
Most pieces sold separately, such as the Fuzzy Animal Hats or Phantom Hood, will become armor skins for the appropriate slot, usable by a character that wears armor of any type.
Some promotional town clothing, such as the Dragon Emblem T-shirt and retired town clothes such as the hoodies, will become endless tonics which allow you to continue to wear the clothing in non-combat situations.

Can I still mix and match my town clothes?
Clothing pieces that are converted to armor skins can be mixed and matched with the same restrictions as other armors. Outfits cannot be mixed as each of them now is stored on an account-wide basis as a single unlock. Items related to endless tonics cannot be mixed or dyed.

What’s happening to toys?
Toys obtained prior to the implementation of the Wardrobe system will first need to be exchanged at a Black Lion Armor Trader for a new toy before they can be used again. Costume Brawl equipment such as the Boxing Gloves or riding toys such as the Witch’s Enchanted Broom—all of which previously were equipped on the Town Clothes page—now will be used directly from inventory.

If I don’t want a tonic, can I get a gem refund for the purchase?
Customer support will be able to fulfill gem refund requests only for town clothes that become endless tonics. Such requests must be made after the Town Clothes system changes take effect; refund requests cannot be processed prior to the April Feature Build. Customer Support is not able to fulfill requests for refunds other than those related to Town Clothes that become endless tonics. This means that town clothes that become skins are not eligible for a refund.”

Wubdor.5190

I read it carefully and I will not change what I said. I knew what I said.

Posted by: Wraithen.6059

Wraithen.6059

Except they actually are changing individual pieces of town clothing into armor skins >.>

Posted by: Mint Rain.6798

Mint Rain.6798

Read carefully:
The separation between in-combat and out-of combat appearance is being replaced by a completely new armor skinning system known as Wardrobe. This conversion will affect the town clothes that you already own in one of three ways:
Town clothing sets such as the Pirate Captain’s Outfit or Mad King’s Outfit will become one-piece account unlocks known as outfits which can be toggled to be displayed on your character instead of armor, even during combat.
Most pieces sold separately, such as the Fuzzy Animal Hats or Phantom Hood, will become armor skins for the appropriate slot, usable by a character that wears armor of any type.
Some promotional town clothing, such as the Dragon Emblem T-shirt and retired town clothes such as the hoodies, will become endless tonics which allow you to continue to wear the clothing in non-combat situations.

Clothing pieces that are converted to armor skins can be mixed and matched with the same restrictions as other armors. Outfits cannot be mixed as each of them now is stored on an account-wide basis as a single unlock. Items related to endless tonics cannot be mixed or dyed.

What’s happening to toys?
Toys obtained prior to the implementation of the Wardrobe system will first need to be exchanged at a Black Lion Armor Trader for a new toy before they can be used again. Costume Brawl equipment such as the Boxing Gloves or riding toys such as the Witch’s Enchanted Broom—all of which previously were equipped on the Town Clothes page—now will be used directly from inventory.

Customer support will be able to fulfill gem refund requests only for town clothes that become endless tonics. Such requests must be made after the Town Clothes system changes take effect; refund requests cannot be processed prior to the April Feature Build. Customer Support is not able to fulfill requests for refunds other than those related to Town Clothes that become endless tonics. This means that town clothes that become skins are not eligible for a refund.”

Please note full costumes with separate pieces (example: pirates) are now being called outfits which can’t be mixed.

Posted by: Liraz.8062

Liraz.8062

Except they actually are changing individual pieces of town clothing into armor skins >.>

“Some promotional town clothing, such as the Dragon Emblem T-shirt and retired town clothes such as the hoodies, will become endless tonics which allow you to continue to wear the clothing in non-combat situations. "

A lot of the town clothing that wasn’t headgear actually falls into this category, not the armor skin category, unfortunately.

That does confirm that the hoodies and whatnot are going to be tonic’d and are therefore pointless. Guess I’ll wait to file for my refund on the 15th.

On the bright side, I’ll have several thousand gems to spend on… I don’t know. Not costumes, that’s for sure.

Firstwatch Irregular Company – RP, Tarnished Coast

(edited by Liraz.8062)

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

Can I at least take headgear from the “costumes” and wear it as a single piece with my armor?

Miss the days of walking around with a pumpkin head in GW1.

Wubdor.5190

But not the pieces that are part of a set. The pieces that many, including me, mixed with single parts to create our own looks. That is my problem with it.

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

Why are you repeating what I said?

Your post implied that the thread was full of people jumping to conclusions about what would happen to an individual’s original clothing piece. That there is ambiguity about “Already Owned” skins. My post was saying that it seemed pretty obvious from the dev quotes that the conclusions were not jumped to but based on those quotes. That those quotes are addressing “Already Owned” skins.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

Oh fun, my hoodie becomes undyeable and can’t be mixed. It sure would be nice if it could be turned into an armor skin instead.

Posted by: Athena.3579

Athena.3579

Yep! Thanks. Looks like I’ll get my refunds ASAP and then uninstall this game. Too much of an unwarranted, drastic, and expensive negative change.

You know, I know there are people out there that crafted two Incinerators so they could have one in either hand. Now the wardrobe will change that. I know there are people, like myself, that bought tons of the expensive dyes on all their characters. Now the revamped dye system will change that.

It’s fine. But this is removing and destroying the functionality of something. No longer are these items remotely usable in the way they used to be. No one wants an endless clothing tonic that “cannot be mixed or dyed”. No one. Not compared to what we had originally.

So, good game. You’ll give us gems when we get a refund. You’re not losing any money over this. Nice scam, really nice. And you won’t even refund the “outfits” because, apparently, in your eyes they’re still at least remotely functional. To me, they’ll be trash after this update.

Who is to say you won’t flip your lid over something else unpredictable and ruin it? This change to town clothing is asinine. Everything else sounds great. Too bad.

Good bye.

(Once again, no rudeness intended at the developers, but this change is asinine. It’s insane. It is literally unwarranted and a giant hulk-sized leap backwards.)

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Hmm. Sad. Guess I’ll be requesting a number of refunds too. Ah well, maybe I’ll spend the gems on armor pieces now that I can use them over and over again.

RIP town clothes pimpstress.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ismial.3825

Ismial.3825

Tonics are a terrible idea and whoever thought they weren’t clearly has no idea how important dyes are. Unmixable outfits are just as awful; do you have any idea how many people bought an outfit just for a particular piece of it?

For me personally, being able to wear glasses in combat makes up for it, but this tonic and all-or-nothing outfit business is just counter-intuitive and dumb… especially in light of the fact that this game is really focused on players customizing their looks. Taking away options we once had makes no sense at all.

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Good bye.

Can you please send me all your gold and anything really expensive? You have my account.

All the very best,

EvilSardine.9635

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

Why can’t retired town clothes such as hoodies be converted into skins like fuzzy hats? I’m very confused as to why Anet is putting themselves through the trouble of offering refunds for items they’ve made essentially useless.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Awbee.8405

It just boggles my mind why they are doing this. I do not see a single reason for it and would love to at least get an explanation. It seems to make no sense in any possible respect.

Max Lexandre.6279

I got confuse, okay you can’t mix Outfits as Mad King, but can you DYE THEM?

It only refers dyes not possible on Endless Tonics things.

Asura thing.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

It just boggles my mind why they are doing this. I do not see a single reason for it and would love to at least get an explanation. It seems to make no sense in any possible respect.

Because they don’t see profit in town clothes.

BAM! PROFIT!

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Awbee.8405

But why wouldn’t they? It seems so obvious that enabling town clothes in the wardrobe and selling them as usual would get them a lot more revenue than … whatever this is that they’re doing now. This will only get them lots of refund demands.

I don’t get it?

runeblade.7514

But why wouldn’t they? It seems so obvious that enabling town clothes in the wardrobe and selling them as usual would get them a lot more revenue than … whatever this is that they’re doing now. This will only get them lots of refund demands.

I don’t get it?

Town clothes don’t have a use. Many players are rarely in town clothes.

Posted by: Serezenith.3501

Serezenith.3501

I don’t understand the reasoning behind town clothing being converted to tonics, nor why anyone would want to buy or use clothing they cannot dye or switch out individual pieces of. I understand that it would be a little strange to see people going into battle in their Sunday best, but I would prefer that infinitely to tonic clothing.

The idea of outfits being all-or-nothing is sad, too. At least we can dye those, but it’s still a poor deal at the side of the way things currently are.

I had been hoping those elusive, no-longer-obtainable town clothes would make a reappearance, complete and expanded. I remember reading that more town clothes were in the works as a matter of fact, and that we may one day see those lovely NPC sets. The charr and human NPC clothing in particular is highly desirable, and I for one would pay gems for it.

Why are we taking a step backwards? I don’t own any affected town clothing because I didn’t have chance to buy it, but even if I had, I wouldn’t want a refund or a tonic. I would want town clothing and ‘outfits’ to remain as they presently are.

Posted by: Athena.3579

Athena.3579

Good bye.

Can you please send me all your gold and anything really expensive? You have my account.

All the very best,

EvilSardine.9635

Nope, sorry :P Everything is going down with the ship. And the good bye isn’t meant to be a threat of an exodus or mass exodus as much as an unfortunate parting. I don’t want to leave, but what would you think if you’ve spent over $100 or so on these town clothing items? Or even just $5? Is it really irrational to leave because something you’ve spent a large sum of money on is rendered entirely useless? How can you trust this company? It’s been happening on minor scales for awhile now. Things I thought of as useless. Glory boosters, swim speed boosters, instant trait reset token things from the store. Surely not town clothes, I said. Surely that would be a safe investment for the life of the game, I said.

I could not, in my wildest dreams, have predicted that this would happen. Only when they removed these items in December did I start feeling the uneasy feeling that something dreadful was going to happen — although I could not rationalize anything as bad as this occurring.

Posted by: Andrige.5609

Andrige.5609

From https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/45944258-Town-Clothes

Awbee.8405

Yeah, but making them into tonics who aren’t dyable or anything most certainly won’t change that.

Max Lexandre.6279

Town clothes should be all converted into Skins, yet, they decided to go with a complex system, outfits are unfair, they could with some effort convert them into all pieces to get it right

Asura thing.

Awbee.8405

Town clothes should be all converted into Skins, yet, they decided to go with a complex system, outfits are unfair, they could with some effort convert them into all pieces to get it right

The weird thing is, isn’t it even more effort for them to convert them into these weird tonics? Why don’t they just treat them the same way they do the sunglasses etc? It makes no sense at all.

runeblade.7514

Yeah, but making them into tonics who aren’t dyable or anything most certainly won’t change that.

ANET LOGIC!

Posted by: dcjester.4507

dcjester.4507

Hey uh, folks, just a thought…

April Fools?

Maybe?

Just more time in another place, a little more time to remake this face -Maestro

Posted by: Narthexia.1836

Narthexia.1836

" Items related to endless tonics cannot be mixed or dyed."

I actually almost cried reading this. I bought ALL the individual town clothes and I have had a huge amount of fun mixing them, matching them, dyeing them. This just kills one of my characters, he basically doesn’t exist now.

Anet don’t you want to make money? You could make single item town clothes transmutable into combat stats and dyeable and only available via the gem store. Release a new set every month! I will buy them! I will dress up my characters and I will love it! All the people who didn’t bother with them because of no combat stats will get sucked in too!

I keep reading that this game is all about design options, cosmetics etc.. but honestly it is fail to me in this area. Every medium armor a long coat? Bleh. I was patient though, I assumed things were only going to improve, options were going to open up and someday town clothes were going to be used in combat. To find out now you have taken away dyeing them and limited me to wearing ONE ITEM and decided for me what all the other clothes my character will wear will look like.. well I’m flabbergasted. I can’t understand this backwards move. Who would think this is a good idea? Who is going to like this?

I’m not even an RP’er other than my one character. I can’t imagine how awful this is for RP’ers. You have 2 RP servers Anet, is it so hard to listen to what they want?

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ornate_Ruched_Shirt
So will i be able to use this in combat (usable as armor skin)? or is this one of the items that they change into an endless tonic or whatever?

And i take it, Reading Glasses can now be used as armor skin for headgear?

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Previous

Curtis Johnson

Next

I love to use my Wintersday town clothes on my human male, but I really hate how the hat looks on him. I much prefer the coolio aviator sunglasses that he is currently wearing.
I would be very disappointed if he always had to wear that hat. x_x

I do like the Mad King’s outfit on my Norn, but I would also like to show his face while wearing it. I would also be very disappointed if he had to wear the pumpkin head all the time. :/

A little added note here, Outfits will still respect the ‘hide helm’ toggle so you can absolutely wear Wintersday or Mad King outfit without the hat or pumpkin.

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

The weird thing is, isn’t it even more effort for them to convert them into these weird tonics? Why don’t they just treat them the same way they do the sunglasses etc? It makes no sense at all.

More or less, yes. As to why they don’t, I honestly have no idea. It makes no sense to me.

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

Can you still dye costumes? My Mad King was alarmingly pink.