Final Rest - Current Theories

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Has anyone tried the ghost ‘boss’ that appears near the graveyard of Shaemoor?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Has anyone done the events (there’s 3, and then one last one after you kill the other three veterans) in the crypt where the Charr fight Duke Barradin in their opening section as a level 80? I just completed it the other day, except it was with a level 14. I think it only left a splendid chest, but I’m running out of ideas at this point.

Has anyone tried the ghost ‘boss’ that appears near the graveyard of Shaemoor?

You mean the ghost woman/lady event in the graveyard near DR? If thats the one, it was done quit a bit during Halloween (or at least it seemed to be). I did it a few times, and it doesn’t leave a chest.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: Raege.1069

Raege.1069

I just did the barradin chain and it has a splendid chest and other smaller chest. But it was soloable as a lvl 80 so I doubt that’s it.

However I just saw this thread on reddit and I’m guessing the staff is from a hidden boss like this (somewhere in Ascalon as it IS called Gargoyle Staff in the PvP locker).

Posted by: Sacrai.6280

Sacrai.6280

Could this item be somehow related to the Scepter of Orr and Vizier Khilbron?

You know…there IS a boss at the top of the Vizier’s tower…

Any idea/source on what triggers this boss? Does he leave a chest?

I was planning to go back to that tower this evening, it has always puzzled me. Lots of lore on top and nothing to do with it…

[LAGS] Sacraï – Roche de l’Augure[FR]

Raege.1069

I was planning to go back to that tower this evening, it has always puzzled me. Lots of lore on top and nothing to do with it…

I wouldn’t call that a large boss tho. And the chest typical tiny Orr one.

Posted by: Gestankfaust.4216

Gestankfaust.4216

It’s actually triggered by a chest I believe. There are various things to read or look at. The one by the throne starts it…if I remember right.

skullmount.1758

It’s actually triggered by a chest I believe. There are various things to read or look at. The one by the throne starts it…if I remember right.

(it’s the orrian chest that spawns him, he then leaves a splendid (I believe, could be grans though))
He also isn’t rare…

Darkhaven server

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Y’know, there is one single place in the game where you fight a necromancer, a DE in Hellion Forest in the Iron Marches, probably one of the least played areas in the game because it’s a charr area, it leads away from Orr, it’s the long way to Frostgorge Sound, and half the events in this area are always bugged anyway; including the one with the Necromancer.

Anyway, you fight a necromancer named Bria that is so powerful she has defied King Adelberns curse, using necromancy after her own death to free herself and eternally forgo passing on, even somehow regaining some form of a physical body.

Now here’s my theory, the first DE connected with her, she attacks a bunch of Charr cubs playing outside what they don’t know to be her home. If she takes even one it goes to an event where you fight Bria to free the cub(s), this is only a single event and spawns no chest.

BUT… as far as I know, nobody has ever prevented her from taking at least one because this area has always been so empty, and it isn’t really possible without a few people. Neither the wiki nor any site has a listing of what event or event chain spawns upon perfect completion of the first event. And I hypothesize that if the first event is completed perfectly (Bria doesn’t kidnap anyone) a second event chain will spawn. Possibly leading to a different (and more rewarding) showdown with Bria.

EDT: Oh yeah, I forgot, there is a second necromancer. You fight a centaur necromancer in Kessex Hills, but his event has been completed a lot, especially at launch, so I don’t think he’s a possibility.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

skullmount.1758

Snip.

I know which event you’re talking about. I’ve done it 2-3 times and I’m pretty sure (> 85%) that the final event (kill Bria) doesn’t leave a chest.

Darkhaven server

Conncept.7638

Snip.

I know which event you’re talking about. I’ve done it 2-3 times and I’m pretty sure (> 85%) that the final event (kill Bria) doesn’t leave a chest.

No I know she doesn’t, I stated as much. But, the first leg of the event has always been completed one way (at least one cub gets taken) which leads to the ‘Kill Bria’ event. However, there is a second way it can be completed (no cubs are taken), which leads to… we don’t know what. Neither the wiki nor any site, nor any videos of the event that I’ve found show an example of what happens upon perfect completion of the opening event. Failure leads, oddly enough, to an immediate bossfight, my question is what does it leads to upon success.

I’ve been wanting to try it, and managed to get in a shot or two on the last server reset, but was never able to prevent any cubs from being taken before it bugged out again. I’ve checked it by guesting on several different servers, it’s bugged on every one I’ve found.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Checking out the necromancer thing in Hellion Forest – seems to be bugged on Ehmery Bay. There’s a lot of cubs frolicking about, but the one with the shield over his head is standing off to the side. Same thing over on Crystal Desert: a bunch of cubs playing in front of the manor, but the cub with the shield emblem above his head is standing off to the side repeating “Leave me alone, you big ugly.”

/e sigh

The table is a fable.

skullmount.1758

Snip.

No I know she doesn’t, I stated as much. But, the first leg of the event has always been completed one way (at least one cub gets taken) which leads to the ‘Kill Bria’ event. However, there is a second way it can be completed (no cubs are taken), which leads to… we don’t know what. Neither the wiki nor any site, nor any videos of the event that I’ve found show an example of what happens upon perfect completion of the opening event. Failure leads, oddly enough, to an immediate bossfight, my question is what does it leads to upon success.

I’ve been wanting to try it, and managed to get in a shot or two on the last server reset, but was never able to prevent any cubs from being taken before it bugged out again. I’ve checked it by guesting on several different servers, it’s bugged on every one I’ve found.

Ah, now I see what you were talking about. But, I still don’t think that particular one will be it. It seems like the result if you manage to save all cubs, there would be two possible outcomes, either no following event (since Bria won’t have any cubs), or you still fight Bria (but she’ll either be weakened or buffed).

Darkhaven server

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Posting this here too since I’m not sure which thread is the “main” one.

This might have been suggested before (and sorry if it is but I didn’t see any mentions of anything but Orr when I quick-read all the threads I found), but it might a rare boss that spawns in the secret room near Rumblus etc in AC. It would make sense* and since barely anyone ever checks that room it would also explain why it’s still not known.

*Why it would make sense:

- Gargoyles were habitants of Ascalon untill they mysteriously disappeared in 1185 AE. The staff is called Gargoyle staff in PvP locker and has a statue of a gargoyle in it.

- AC = Ascalonian CATACOMBS. And what was the favourite place of Gargoyles in pre-searing (which is the state ascalon has returned in for GW2), well, the Catacombs ofcourse.

- There’s tons of secret rooms in GW2 BUT afaik every other room has something like kittens or turkeys in it, This one is empty.

- The room looks like it’s designed for a boss fight. So unless Anet suddenly decided to cut a boss from the dungeon, it’s quite likely there could be a rare spawn there.

That room is an incomplete jumping puzzle. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/What-s-your-favourite-Jumping-Puzzle/page/6#post1420829

The catacombs is only one of many places where you can find gargoyles in GW1. They were also in …
Diessa Lowlands
Old Ascalon
Pockmark Flats
Regent Valley
Nolani Academy
The Great Northern Wall
The Breach
Nebo Terrace
North Kryta Province
Soundrel’s Rise
Twin Serpent Lakes
Watchtower Coast
D’Alessio Seaboard
Divinity Coast
Gates of Kryta

I think the name in the PvP locker is a red herring. The PvP locker is full of things with the wrong name.

However if you are hellbent on the gargoyle + catacomb + final resting place idea. How about http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Battle_in_the_Vault ?

- takes place in an underground burial chamber which is basically what a catacomb is
- not far from one of the GW1 habitats for gargoyles
- seems to be the final resting place of 5 GW1 NPCs, 4 of which you have to fight
- last one to be fought is a crazy staff user
- spawns a chest at the end, not a dragon size chest but it could certainly be described as large

Biggest problem is that it doesn’t seem remotely close to being a rare event.

Conncept.7638

However if you are hellbent on the gargoyle + catacomb + final resting place idea. How about http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Battle_in_the_Vault ?

- takes place in an underground burial chamber which is basically what a catacomb is
- seems to be the final resting place of 5 GW1 NPCs, 4 of which you have to fight
- spawns a chest at the end, not a dragon size chest but it could certainly be described as large

I managed to solo that event, up to the last boss, who I couldn’t take down. Nor could the three man team of 80s I cobbled together.

In other news, found out the Bria event chain is open in Yak’s bend (my server, it must have reset since the patch), if anybody wishes to test my theory.

skullmount.1758

I managed to solo that event, up to the last boss, who I couldn’t take down. Nor could the three man team of 80s I cobbled together.

In other news, found out the Bria event chain is open in Yak’s bend (my server, it must have reset since the patch), if anybody wishes to test my theory.

A group of about 5-8 of us finished the whole chain(?) the other day. Not sure if any of them were 80s though (I think a few must have been at least 40s since they were wearing the spikey Charr armor (not Rytlok’s, but the other really spikey one). I’m not entirely sure you can call the chest large though. (I think I only got 3-4 pieces of loot from it)

I just got a PM response from Mr. Vaughn, and I think he’ll post his response to Deified just so we can confirm Deified’s post (for the two doubters on page 6). He did say no more hints though

Darkhaven server

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

What about the Demagogue? Not many people even know about this event chain.

I discovered it for the first time not long after release… it takes place in a “hidden” area of Toxal Bog in the Brisban Wildlands.

Basically in this little hidden area you are helping ghosts of the Shining Blade fight ghosts of the White Mantle… ultimately culminating in a group even to fight a champion white mantle ghost called the Demagogue.

It also spawns a chest… although both times I have done the event the chest was bugged. (haven’t been back in that area since before the november 15 patch) And I’ve never completed it with a level 80 character.

Also… that little hidden area is one of my favorite areas in the game… so pretty and well designed. Jumping through a giant mushroom maze it is almost like an easy jumping puzzle.

(edited by bluewanders.5297)

Posted by: Smoeki.2756

Smoeki.2756

If memory serves me right when I fought the Demagogue I just got some lvl 20ish junk from it’s chest, I was lvl 80 at the time.

skullmount.1758

I discovered it for the first time not long after release… it takes place in a “hidden” area of Toxal Bog in the Brisban Wildlands.

Basically in this little hidden area you are helping ghosts of the Shining Blade fight ghosts of the White Mantle… ultimately culminating in a group even to fight a champion white mantle ghost called the Demagogue.

It also spawns a chest… although both times I have done the event the chest was bugged. (haven’t been back in that area since before the november 15 patch) And I’ve never completed it with a level 80 character.

Also… that little hidden area is one of my favorite areas in the game… so pretty and well designed. Jumping through a giant mushroom maze it is almost like an easy jumping puzzle.

Why would he have the staff though? The Gargoyle theme doesn’t really fit him or the location, IMO. But any guess is better than no guesses at this point.

Darkhaven server

Posted by: Giles Marchand.6970

Giles Marchand.6970

Has anyone considered a rare event that opens the doors to The Artesian Waters? I don’t know if an event exists but it seems odd that there is a room behind the door that is as far as I can tell inaccessible.

If anyone does know a way in let me know!

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

Why would he have the staff though? The Gargoyle theme doesn’t really fit him or the location, IMO. But any guess is better than no guesses at this point.

Who said there have to be gargoyles around? The only gargoyles in the game (gw2) came from the halloween event. And not all of the lore in this game has a direct tie to things from the first. The staff could have its own lore… or no lore at all… it could just be a staff and the hint to its location resides in its name.

The problem with theory crafting based on lore and themes is that we don’t have anything beyond conjecture to solidify those guesses… and that’s what they are… guesses.

We only have 2 clues… I don’t count dubious claims of posters saying they had a conversation with so and so if they don’t have screen shots to back it up or I wasn’t there. Dev comments are much better… and neither of them ever mentioned a gargoyle theme.

Conncept.7638

To be fair, they’ve never said that the boss which drops the staff is thematically connected at all. It could drop from the Secret Pony Level for all we know. I think it would be pretty stupid if it isn’t, but then again ANet hasn’t shown any particularly aversion to doing stupid things with loot and items.

skullmount.1758

snip

Who said there have to be gargoyles around? The only gargoyles in the game (gw2) came from the halloween event. And not all of the lore in this game has a direct tie to things from the first. The staff could have its own lore… or no lore at all… it could just be a staff and the hint to its location resides in its name.

The problem with theory crafting based on lore and themes is that we don’t have anything beyond conjecture to solidify those guesses… and that’s what they are… guesses.

We only have 2 clues… I don’t count dubious claims of posters saying they had a conversation with so and so if they don’t have screen shots to back it up or I wasn’t there. Dev comments are much better… and neither of them ever mentioned a gargoyle theme.

It because of the PvP version of the staff. Its called Gargoyle staff, so thats why people keep trying to associate gargoyle stuff/lore with the staff and where it can be.

To be fair, they’ve never said that the boss which drops the staff is thematically connected at all. I think it would be pretty stupid if it isn’t, but then again ANet hasn’t shown any particularly aversion to doing stupid things with loot and items.

Thats entirely true. We don’t have any evidence that the staff is linked at all with whatever creature/chest gives it. But we don’t have any other kind of leads (or didn’t until the three dev responses), so we had to try to limit it in the beginning and we’re still focusing on that until we’ve been told we’re looking in the wrong direction or someone find its and lets us know where they found it.

Darkhaven server

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I’ve done this a couple of times recently but only once with a level 80. Got the standard blues and greens, which of course means nothing as that’s my usual fare. Still… ya never know. I soloed it with my engineer twice (first time didn’t notice the chest in time) and my thief (the 80) once, so if i can solo it I’m sure it’s probably soloable for just about anybody.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

Hunt for a unique named chest? or has the uniqueness (associate with the hint of rare) been disregarded due to the rarity of the potential drop chance?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If only it was like a GW1 Unique. The enemy that has a chance of dropping the item can actually be seen using it. Like http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mighty_Grawl and http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Ice_Breaker

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i just did the event in the brisban wildlands you mentioned and i didn’t even notice a chest at the end of the boss fight. shame on me.
so we still don’t have any clue about it? no hint hidden somewhere?

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

i just did the event in the brisban wildlands you mentioned and i didn’t even notice a chest at the end of the boss fight. shame on me.
so we still don’t have any clue about it? no hint hidden somewhere?

the npc calls it out to you. It’s up on the mushrooms directly to the left of where the npc goes to stand. There’s little blue lights on the mushrooms to show you which ones to jump to.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

thank you very much, i’ll do it again and hope for some luck. i usually am with chest loot

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

You have to assume Anet is monitoring this thread, and would let us know if we were way off base. Only thing to do is to keep thinking up leads and trying them out.

The game could use a lot more of this sort of thing if you ask me!

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Conncept.7638

The Bria theory has been debunked, just managed to both complete the event perfectly (saved every cub) and totally bomb it (lost every cub). The second event spawns exactly the same no matter how the the first ends. Well, that’s one down, potentially hundreds to go… :|

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

This is what gw2 is missing, the hunt for rare items just like the chest farming we did in gw1, But a hint or 2 would be a big help thats for sure.

phabby.8945

I did the 4 boss one the other day , little chest and got the usual crap alot more spent on armour then you get out of it but it is very challenging and was fun to beat the end guy.

Posted by: Evil Octopi.8253

Evil Octopi.8253

Okay guys and girls. I just did an odd event in Malchor’s Leap that is somewhat interesting. It is not listed on the wiki. It is “Defeat Veteran Karas the Undying”. When he spawned he said “who disturbs my rest?” He is located a little south west of the Seal of Union POI or north west of Rayhan Bayt POI. This is in the bottom right of the map. There is what looks like a sacrificial altar with skulls in the middle. The eyes of the skulls were lit up before I woke him up and not lit after i killed him. You just have to kneel at alter. He wasnt too hard, and he generated a few spawns. No chest though. But maybe part of a larger chain? There was a NPC in the far corner of the map. I will check this out in more in depth tommorrow. I ran out of time tonight.

Attachments:

Raege.1069

That room is an incomplete jumping puzzle. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/What-s-your-favourite-Jumping-Puzzle/page/6#post1420829

The catacombs is only one of many places where you can find gargoyles in GW1. They were also in …
Diessa Lowlands
Old Ascalon
Pockmark Flats
Regent Valley
Nolani Academy
The Great Northern Wall
The Breach
Nebo Terrace
North Kryta Province
Soundrel’s Rise
Twin Serpent Lakes
Watchtower Coast
D’Alessio Seaboard
Divinity Coast
Gates of Kryta

I think the name in the PvP locker is a red herring. The PvP locker is full of things with the wrong name.

Mergoyles!

Anyway my theory of why AC and not someplace else was because

a) Gagroyles disappeared overnight. Maybe they went deep into the catacombs where no human or charr has stepped for years.

b) The other catacombs is very bland compared to the AC secret room.

c) secret room at the end of a dungeon would have made sense for a rare boss.

d) “It is said that if Magdaer or Sohothin returns to Ascalon City in the hands of an heir of King Doric , then the spirits of the Ascalonian ghosts will be put to rest.”

“It is believed that if either this sword or its twin returns to the haunted remains of Ascalon City in the hands of the rightful king of Ascalon, the ghosts there will finally be laid to rest.”

So some hidden stuffs to put a rare boss to his Final Rest could have made sense

PS. Anet, if you someday decide to finish that jumping puzzle please do make an interesting boss fight with dodgeable knockbacks there.

Anyway, I guess that room has been ruled out now :c

BUT

was it ever said it’s from a chest from an event chain? Maybe there’s a rare non-event boss somewhere who has a small chance of dropping a key to some hidden chest that… ok maybe a bit too complicated

I just remembered this old thread http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/69796-strange-occurrence-in-divinitys-reach-graveyard/

It happens in a graveyard and is a very mysterious rarish occurrence. While it basically has nothing to do with gargoyles it’s been said there’s some odd noises coming from te great collapse

(edited by Raege.1069)

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

People have to stop thinking about the lore and things related to the staff… I understand thats where we started, but seriously.. We are like 6 months into the game, its not a start anymore, all the kitten related to the staff has been farmed.

And for bosses saying “Who disturb my rest” its TONS of bosses saying things like that… Just because you hear the word “rest” doesnt mean thats where it drops

Posted by: sephyranna.3095

sephyranna.3095

I think the 2 most plausible maps are going to be a Cursed Shore map or Fireheart’s Rise due to the fact that Fireheart is in somewhat connection to the Ascalonian Searing which would tie it in with the fact that Gargoyles lived in Ascalon. Tie it in with the fact that it’s a decently higher level area, it is plausible. I don’t think that this OH SO AWESOME STAFF would be found in a lower level area. It just seems odd that they would place a super rare staff in a lower level area and only from a single boss.

Other than that, Cursed Shore seems pretty plausible since the high level requirement and the fact that no one really wants to do the events that may take ages to spawn. I’m personally going with the Zho’Qafa Catacombs event because of the relative isolation of the event and the fact that it has something to do with dead and resting places and coffins. Not to mention that it is a human area (well was) and may link to gargoyles residing around human territories.

But if the staff doesn’t drop from any associations, throw Frostgorge Sound in there. I just don’t really see the possibility of it dropping from Frostgorge but we can always take a shot.

Yeah dungeons are out of the question though. Vaughn said so according to someone and they’re done and broken often enough that secret bosses are out of the question.

Officer of [STRM]
Maguuma

(edited by sephyranna.3095)

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

Karas the Undying

Karas the Undying is one of several unique spawns in the open world: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/events/Defeat-the-Ministry-Guards-event/first#post1414250 and none of these solo’able events (good for monthly) provide a chest. I’ve been using /kneel far too often when passing through a graveyard or just about any suspicious object. (or /threaten the object. /threaten and /kneel are the only emotes I’ve discovered to prompt an event or interaction with open world objects)

How goes the progress to identify all loot chests, so that the unique named one(s) can be listed as the potential loot chest(s) that would have a unique loot table which possibly contains the rare Final Rest? Presuming, that it requires a unique chest on account that the other Large chests associated with Temples and World Bosses have been looted many times since launch and some feel it would have been discovered by now.

Posted by: Evil Octopi.8253

Evil Octopi.8253

Karas the Undying

Karas the Undying is one of several unique spawns in the open world: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/events/Defeat-the-Ministry-Guards-event/first#post1414250 and none of these solo’able events (good for monthly) provide a chest. I’ve been using /kneel far too often when passing through a graveyard or just about any suspicious object. (or /threaten the object. /threaten and /kneel are the only emotes I’ve discovered to prompt an event or interaction with open world objects)

How goes the progress to identify all loot chests, so that the unique named one(s) can be listed as the potential loot chest(s) that would have a unique loot table which possibly contains the rare Final Rest? Presuming, that it requires a unique chest on account that the other Large chests associated with Temples and World Bosses have been looted many times since launch and some feel it would have been discovered by now.

Awww, here I thought I found something not yet discovered. Oh well. It caught me by surprise in my hunt for rare bosses. Still a neat event for anybody wanting to try and do everything.

And I’m totally with you on Final Rest not being in the Dragon or Temple boss chests. Those are done way too often for it to not have popped up yet. The other big chest meta events don’t get near as much love and therefore don’t have a good population sampling. So maybe one of those. My group has been hitting them every chance we get.

As for your idea on the loot table identification for boss chests, I have been working on that a little as well. I can only confirm the named items my group has acquired. I had high hopes that eventually over time and the process of elimination we would have narrowed down loot tables to particular boss chests. Maybe if someone is already working on this on a different thread not particularly focusing on Final Rest.

So far I have:

Ancient Chest (Megadestroyer)
Silence – staff
Drakevenom – shortbow

Dragon Chest (The Shatterer)
Claws of the Desert – dagger

An item of concern is that I also acquired Zho’s Leggings from a level 50 veteran the other day. Up to that point I had assumed that any non-chest exotic drop in lower areas would be generic. Now I wonder what named exotics the tables hold for open world foes at all levels.

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

1. It is either some really unexpected/unpopular boss that drops it … -

2. … or it is one of the popular event chains – notice how they said it is working, but they never said when it started working. If we assumed it was broken for let’s say 3 first months and it started dropping 2 months ago, the biggest sample had already left the game. It still does not explain why it hadn’t dropped so far.

3. … or it’s just bug wars 2, the dev allegedly said he tracked the drop back to the event, but who says their private off-line environment is a good representation of the live server? They often say how hard it is to reproduce a particular bug on their servers.

Anyways, good luck finding the staff. I won’t probably be playing, because the game bores me, but it’s fun watching all the ideas flowing.

Leman

skullmount.1758

I still believe that the Final Rest is from Zho Qafar, and its drop rate is exceedingly low. Going purely by facts alone:

The Devs have given us clues.

Lindsey Murdock: “The only hint I will give on Final Rest is this: You cannot make it. It is dropped from a LARGE boss chest.”

Jeffrey Vaughn: “It’s exactly as Linsey stated previously—it’s a loot drop from a specific (rare) boss.”

While most think it hasn’t narrowed down possibilities, I think it has. They have essentially told us that it is a “rare” boss that spawns a “large chest”. If you look at NPC Rank (not the first time this is being pointed out), Legendary foes are the only ones who are “rare to see”. Plus, “they can only be found in dungeon instances or in Ruins of Orr group events”.

Dungeons are ruled out because it was confirmed to be in open world by another Dev, so that leaves Ruins of Orr group events. So if you make a list of all events in Orr which have Legendary foes and spawns a “large chest”, you have:

Straits of Devastation:
1. Zho Qafar – Eye of Zhaitan
2. Risen Priest of Blathazar

Malchor’s Leap:
1. Possessed Statue of Dwayna
2. Corrupted High Priestess (Lyssa)

Cursed Shore:
1. Champion Risen Priest of Grenth
2. Risen Priest of Melandru
3. Gates of Arah

(Let me know if I missed any.)

I looked up Youtube videos to confirm the chests and Legendary status. I dont remember what kind of chests spawned, but majority were Glorious Chests. I’ve also read the theory on having unique-named chests, but without official confirmation, I don’t believe that as much as this.

Without evidence or support, I believe that:
1. All the Temples have been farmed enough to statistically rule them out, leaving Zho Qafar.
2. The Final Rest does not drop from a Zone/World/“Epic” rank Boss.
3. The drop rate of Final Rest is exceedingly small.

Since I’m unable to farm it myself now, I’m relying on you awesome guys to do it and hopefully come back and confirm it!

Heres an interesting take by someone, in the other final rest thread. (not sure if it’ll let me quote to a different thread, or if its against the rules)

Anyone think we should make a thread in the events forum, asking for rare events that spawn a large chest?

Darkhaven server

phabby.8945

It is getting just a little frustrating that a dev hasn’t given a realistic clue , In my opion they should implement more of these big treasure hunts for in game weapons.Everyone in gw1 loved chasing that boss’s weapon or farming the chests for that one off weapon .Now we have a game that gives us no real feeling farming for collectors. I know there are fractionals and Legendary’s items but to chest farmers we don’t want that sort of stuff we like the adventure of trying to find unique items.But this one item is becoming a nitemare due to the games bug’s and the shear lack of a decent drop rate who knows we may have farmed the bosss over and over again but because most bosses, Veterans and alike just don’t drop anything or drop total crap so know one has or will farm these guys to even narrow this staff down.

Posted by: Xomic.5792

Xomic.5792

I’m going to echo that it’s not obtainable in game, or else it’s obtainable but only in an obscure fashion.

In SWTOR, for example, Magneta crystals involved a convoluted series of quests/required items involving multiple planets and things. It’s possible that obtaining the Final Rest involves something similar, like (for example) defeating all the temples in Orr in a particular order, or obtaining a rare item in one zone and interacting with a series of obscure things in another bunch of zones.

Or another possibility is that it’s an event that only spawns based on obscure requirements, like only spawning during a new or full moon.

As I said, though, I’m leaning more towards it simply not existing in game. Being in the DB isn’t the same as being properly hooked up to anything in game, and video games have all kinds of beta content that sits in their databases and never sees the light of day.

Posted by: TronIcefiend.3769

TronIcefiend.3769

I’ve been thinking and I was wondering, could the boss that drops Final Rest only appear when all temples are free and under Pact control? Which could explain why the boss is so rare to find since the temples are rarely all open

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Guys guys, has anyone checked the gem store? Come on!! use your noggins!

Just kidding.

My thought is if you view the world map you can view multiple layers of the world…multiple surfaces. What if..some how..you get to another layer. Or if that is content to be released.

Another thought: What about those random portals you find in the world that port you to, seemingly, zones you cannot visit using normal methods of travel? There are events within these secluded areas. Wondering if its there.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Just kidding.

My thought is if you view the world map you can view multiple layers of the world…multiple surfaces. What if..some how..you get to another layer. Or if that is content to be released.

Another thought: What about those random portals you find in the world that port you to, seemingly, zones you cannot visit using normal methods of travel? There are events within these secluded areas. Wondering if its there.

I always wondered what that portal led to in the top left of manchor’s leap I think, there’s a portal underwater I tried getting in the base to no success, there’s also a waypoint always contested, Wiki has no info on it and couldn’t find anything through google.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

All of this has been a very interesting read. I have to say that I have been searching for a staff that fit my necro for a long time and when I finally found this one I got a little excited. Is there anything that I can do to help find this staff? Maybe group with some of you for research on these events could help.

skullmount.1758

Soo many posts and views and we still haven’t found it…

I really wish a red post would show up here with another hint, or at least a clarification what exactly they meant by large (or rare). Any post would do at this point…

Should we make a thread in the Events forum to see if anyone knows of a rare event that spawns a boss with a large chest? Maybe someone there knows one we’ve overlooked or haven’t found.

Darkhaven server

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

Soo many posts and views and we still haven’t found it…

I really wish a red post would show up here with another hint, or at least a clarification what exactly they meant by large (or rare). Any post would do at this point…

Yeah, it’d be nice to see some confirmation of this alleged conversation between Deified and Mr. Vaughn at the very least (either corroboration from Vaughn or screenshots from Deified would do). An actual substantive hint beyond the supremely vague “(large) boss with (large) chest” would be lovely.

Should we make a thread in the Events forum to see if anyone knows of a rare event that spawns a boss with a large chest? Maybe someone there knows one we’ve overlooked or haven’t found.

Definitely worth a shot.

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

Just kidding.

I always wondered what that portal led to in the top left of manchor’s leap I think, there’s a portal underwater I tried getting in the base to no success, there’s also a waypoint always contested, Wiki has no info on it and couldn’t find anything through google.

Bashing Bauxite Alchemicals

I’ve progressed that meta event to the final stage, but never actually completed it myself. I have seen it completed (I arrived just in time to see the conversation the wiki notes follows completion of the last step). However, I don’t think you can ever use the portal, and suspect there’s no chest from the boss.

Posted by: JK Arrow.7102

JK Arrow.7102

Since the devs said they checked the loot tables and the triggers and everything appears in order for the drop to occur, I would find it interesting to see how many times in say the past month that particular chest/boss was looted by players. If that number is something ridiculous like 30, then we know that event is extremely rare or in an area where players do not often play. If that number is more like 25,000 then we know the drop rate is just miniscule. It doesn’t really give us any specific detail on where to go but I’m just curious.