Issues with the guild system: please post here [MERGED]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: kontrol.2903

kontrol.2903

And yet not a single f-word was given to this post!.

Dev can we at least have a simple answer sawing yes we’re working on it?

I think this has a higher priority than few voices not working in cut-scene…

Please don’t do the same error Blizz made with D3…. not giving any answers for too long… Look at their player base today.

Posted by: SnagglezMaw.6395

SnagglezMaw.6395

Day 10 of my guild missing.
Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: The Zero Sect [TZS]

Posted by: Miring Soot.5739

Miring Soot.5739

I see that some people have created new guilds which appear to be working, and while it is a tempting option, I would hate to loose out on the reputation points, or whatever it is they are called, that my guild has accrued.

Posted by: Mezmith.4127

Mezmith.4127

Server: Crystal Desert
Guild: Surgam[Etc]
Leader: Mez Mith

No guild functionality other than inviting new members. Have well over 1.5k influence farmed and never spent. Have submitted multiple tickets with no response through the account support feature of this website.

Posted by: Haju.6938

Haju.6938

Cult of the Fish [KALA]
Fissure of woe
Leader: me.

No guild functionality except gaining new members. No possibility to alter rank right, cannot buy anything etc. no answer to support tickets for weeks.

Posted by: Brus.5649

Brus.5649

Almost a week since last update. Please just show us that you are following this thread!

Posted by: annielumos.6498

annielumos.6498

I asked Gaile if she could get an update for us on the guild issues..

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-5-days-and-older-merged/208614

she asked for links, which I gave her… hopefully we’ll get some news soon

Posted by: DEDEN.2870

DEDEN.2870

Hopefully they’re hard at work at resolving the variety of issues. Do we know if the influence we’re earning is still being accrued — even though there’s no guild being listed?

Posted by: York.5361

York.5361

Well this was meant to be a reply to this post by Martin Kerstein “Head of Global Community” but the thread is locked so I guess I will just post here…

Any information on other guild related bugs? The default “Leader” permissions for my guild have been incorrect since creating it. I filed a ticket a week ago and just got a response today saying my ticket had been forwarded to “the appropriate department” but that an ETA could not be given.

I have also seen other guild issues reported in the “guild bugs thread” such as problems with influence during server restarts and basic social functionality. These two are not things I have experienced so I can not provide further details and maybe they were fixed in the last day or two, but my point is these are some of the major guild bugs people are experiencing.

So additional information about plans to deal with server transfers and guild-per-account caps is very welcome. But it’s a bit frustrating to get a post on guild issues that does not address any of the outstanding bugs people are experiencing.

Posted by: naturallywicky.6790

naturallywicky.6790

Server: Northern Shiverpeaks
Guild: Jellybean Legion
Leader: me

I created a guild with a few friends about a week or so back, but thus far nothing seems to work at all. I cannot change rankings for my friends, I cannot buy ANY upgrades. All I can do is invite new members and gain influence for the guild.

This is getting REALLY annoying as we are unable to do anything that benefits us at all.

Posted by: Haker.5067

Haker.5067

Has there been any news about the no permissions for Leader yet? I’ve been keeping an eye on this section, as well as their FB and stuff, and I haven’t seen anything.

Our guild has been like this for about a week now, and we really don’t want to have to remake it (6g invested in influence, and since we started playing about two weeks ago, 6g is a lot lol). Some news at all, even if you’re looking into it, would be amazing.

Posted by: Bayawski.3814

Bayawski.3814

Guild : Esteemed House of Crane
Server : Sanctum of Rall
No guild funtionality apart from inviting members! cant do anything else! hope to get a fix on it soon! thankyou and have a nice day!

Posted by: WishforTruth.4560

WishforTruth.4560

Server: Ring of Fire
Guild: Tyrian Truthers
Leader: Me

I started this guild about one week ago, we are only a two man guild, we are both representing and actively play the game but still cant edit permissions or even the message of the day. Everthing is greyed out, I cant add the prerequisites for upgrades to progress further. I have 3,474 influence on writing this post, any information on this would be very helpful.

Peace

Posted by: Reynardus.8150

Reynardus.8150

Nearing two weeks and the guild is still gone. -_-

Guild: Silver Wolves
Tag: SW
World: Ring of Fire
Leader Name: Lucas Farrell (username: Reynardus.8150)

Posted by: Felon Blade.8602

Felon Blade.8602

4-5 days ago i finished my personal story and used my 1k tome of influence right away and nothing happened. the tome vanished and my guild did not receive the influence…

i have put in 2 tickets so far and have gotten no reply.

PLEASE HELP?

Posted by: BlazeShaman.2763

BlazeShaman.2763

Server: Sea of Sorrows
Guild: Knights of the Anthem [KoA]
Leader: BlazeShaman

Do not have proper permissions as leader of my guild. I can only invite people and create new ranks, but I cannot remove people, change their ranks, disband the guild, change the motd; anything!

Posted by: Zorkony.1603

Zorkony.1603

Hello,
I created my guild and I am Leader, yet I have no rights. I can’t promote or demote players, can’t make a message of the day etc. I can only edit ranks and invite players… Please help?

Server: Whiteside Ridge
Guild: Stone Alliance [SA]
IGN: James Stone

Posted by: Phrixus.1382

Phrixus.1382

Server: Devona’s Rest
Guild: Eternitys Edge(EE)
Leader: Phrixus.1382

We are still in the bugged boat to where I cannot promote, demote, or anything. I have no permissions except to edit members. I cannot queue items for research either and we have enough influence stacked up that we could research a lot of things. I submitted a ticket five days ago about this and have had no response except an automated one saying something about items being missing.

Ticket Number: 120917-003905

Posted by: Crusnik.7526

Crusnik.7526

Server: Seafarers Rest
Guild: Rofflez N Wafflez
Leader: Crusnik.7526

So our guild has been bugged since creation. As leader I have no permissions to do anything, like so many others here. My other post on this is now somewhere 10 pages back and there hasnt been an official reply since. Meanwhile were sitting on 5k of useless influence points and I just recieved an email telling me to “discover the social side of GW2: join a guild”.
Real funny, nice trolling.

Posted by: Tysefol.2017

Tysefol.2017

It’s getting really, REALY tiresome. I’ve described a problem page 21, and there are 8 pages full of people complaining about the same thing. We can just invite people and that’s it, we’re sitting on influence. Could we get a ‘hello’ at least ? Something ? An ETA ? It’s been more than one week of frustration that’s been un-answered. Do something for Lyssa’s sake.

Posted by: Shulk.6251

Shulk.6251

I created my second guild and the ability to edit message of the day, purchase upgrades, promote members and pretty much everything you would do as a guild leader is not working. Guild is Borderland Patrol [BP] jade Quarry server guild leader: Erith Shatterstorm.

Posted by: jasonorme.5014

jasonorme.5014

Guild: Jsofts
Tag: SOFT
Server: Gunnars Hold

Can’t promote or change any persmissions. Can’t actually do anything.

Posted by: Phaser.7132

Phaser.7132

Server: Ring of Fire
Tag: LB
Guild: Lux Bellatores
I’m the leader and I can’t do anything, but invite others. We have over 3k influence that sits in our guild tab looking pretty. It would be nice if we could experience the “Guild” portion of GUILD Wars. Just sayin…It is kinda the name of the game. >.>

Posted by: spiderpighippo.4278

spiderpighippo.4278

Server: Crystal Desert
Guild: All Evil Of The World [AEW]
Leader: Me

The only right we have, is the guild invitation. Other than that, there’s is nothing we can do.

Posted by: Char.9061

Char.9061

Server: Yak’s Bend
Guild Name: Bad Enough To Win
Guild Tag: Bad
Guild Leader: Char Let
Ticket Submitted: 19 and 22 September 2012
Issue: Like most, no privileges other than invite for all members.
Comments: Would not like to remake unless you can move the 3.3k influence to the new guild.

Thanks,
-Char Let

Posted by: skleeve.2350

skleeve.2350

Server: Tarnished Coast
Tag: [LOST]
Guild: Tyrian Geographic Society
Like many others it seems, I (we) cannot edit ranks/settings or perform upgrades using our influence (which is amassing as time passes). Anet, you guys are super busy no doubt, but please try to fix this sometime relatively soon

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Guild name: Legion of Kanen [Kain]
server: Kaineng

made guild a week ago and i have no leader rights. All the boxes are blank and grayed out for me. I cant do anything in guild and we cant do anything with our points since its bugged. Please give me my guild leader rights so i can start apointing ppl to ranks and getting us upgrades.

Posted by: Andres.8513

Andres.8513

I’d like to ask about another error that has been reported frequently in this thread, one which I have posted about myself too. The 3032:1002:3:3939:101 network error that is not associated with being on 4 or more guilds (I’m only in two and this happens to me 90% of the time) & happens whenever I open my guild panel or contacts and the members don’t load (they all appear offline). I saw the guild update on the News & Announcements forum, but this error wasn’t acknowledged. Is it still going to be worked on?

PS. My older posts have more details about this error.

Posted by: Glaivas.9367

Glaivas.9367

Server: Isle of Janthir
Guild: Prexus
Problem: Guild leader has no permissions other than edit ranks (which is useless without any other permissions to grant). Have reported before.

Is this what free to play means? Not only no support but no acknowledgement of serious problems?

Posted by: Miring Soot.5739

Miring Soot.5739

Well I finally got a response after 7 days, sadly it was less than useful:

“Hey [Name],

I apologize about the long wait we are trying to get through everyone’s ticket as quickly as possible :-). I’m sorry you are having issues editing your privileges in guild, I wanted to let you know we are working on a way to resolve this as best we can! If you feel you could offer more insight to it (steps to cause issue, what you were doing at the time this happened) you could submit an in-game bug report if you haven’t already done so.

To submit a bug report in game, simply bring up your “Game Menu” located in the upper left hand corner, and then choose the lifesaver icon for “Support.” From the “Support” menu, you can either click “Report a Bug” or just go directly the Ladybug Icon in the support menu to enter your submission. You could also submit a screenshot of the issue as well by pressing Attach Screenshot when submitting the bug. I hope this information helps at least a little :-D.

Cheers,
GM Darth
Guild Wars Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/"

No update, information, troubleshooting, or anything. Basically just tells me to “submit a bug report!” and be done with it.

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

3040:1002:3:1930:101
Getting the same error here. I was able to join my guild during early access but I haven’t been able to join any more since then so I’ve got 4 pending invites at the moment =\

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: chuiu.4985

chuiu.4985

Don’t really know if this is a bug, per se, but I lose all of guild chat when I switch characters. I keep all whispers, map chat, party chat, etc.

Posted by: Ariete The Phoenix.8276

Ariete The Phoenix.8276

Hi,
My guild ~Nyanergy~ was created a week or so ago. The first day I created it I added 1.4k influence to it(1k from the digital deluxe item and 400 from the story mode). Got +0… some minutes later I bought an ale for 1s and I got influence, but my 1.4k were lost. I wasn’t in any other guild, it was new and the 1.4k never returned. That is the first bug. I got a second bug. Since I am the creator of the guild, I should be the guild leader, but I can’t relocate the ranks of my members. The only thing I can do is to edit the ranks, but I can’t add new abilities to the ranks or level up any upgrade for the guilds(yes, I did got 500 influence for the first level 1). As a guild leader I can’t do anything, I am worried that I lost 1.4k influence for nothing and I may have to remake the guild without 1.9k influence.

Also known as Liahm Lee

Posted by: Chestycat.6937

Chestycat.6937

Isle of Janthir Server, guild name Society’s Finest [POW] we queued to upgrade politics and everything was going smoothly, but when it was about one hour from finishing, it just disappeared, checked history nobody removed it, and the influence it cost is gone as well, I know it isn’t much but it’s still a little frustrating

Posted by: Puyt.2584

Puyt.2584

Hey,

I’ve noticed there is the possibility to assign more people as leader, by doing that the founder of the guild is unable to change the rank of the person with the same rank as him.

It is easily to make a small mistake and assign someone leader since there is no confirmation pop-up that asks you if you are sure you want to make the person leader too.

I think it’s good to make more leaders but the founder of the legion should still be able to change the other leaders rank and able to kick them altho the rank title should stay the same for all the leaders.

I don’t know if this is a bug but it could use some fix. If you accidentally give someone leader he can do whatever he wants without being able to revert it…

greetings puyt

Posted by: Karrier.9604

Karrier.9604

3040:1002:3:1930:101
Same here… Been looking at forums and many ppl has this, but I’ve never seen any answer by Anet.

Anyone has any little info?

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: ratheous.1425

ratheous.1425

Guild: Consortium of Shadows [CoS]
Server: Ehmry Bay -> Tarnished Coast

One leader (founder) transferred to Tarnished Coast and there was no problem. Co-leader switched and all influence and upgrades were reset. I’d like to know if and when what was lost is going to be restored.

Posted by: Valkenhyne.5649

Valkenhyne.5649

You guys got any plans/information for us? We’ve all been left hanging here for the last week or so, it would be nice to at least know if you’ve begun to figure the issue yet.

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

3040:1002:3:1950:101

But it seems to be the same issue. You are not alone. There are some issues with guilds and I am told it is being worked on. I am sure we shall know more once the problem gets thoroughly examined.

Posted by: Yobaz.1065

Yobaz.1065

Can we at least get some answers? It’s been over a week since the last update and It feels like you didn’t even start investigating the bug.

Posted by: Revenge.3892

Revenge.3892

Server: Borlis Pass
Guild: Divine Insanity (xDIx)
Leader: Revenge.3892 (Smache)

The problem we have encountered (after overcoming many of the problems posted in this thread) is that we have hit 50 members, but are unable to purchase a larger guild license. I have looked around at bug reports, and the only “fix” available from you guys is to not be in 4 guilds or more (only in my own) and to not have greater than 9 ranks (we have 4).

Thanks

Posted by: kamikazecopilot.9801

kamikazecopilot.9801

Guild: Renegades of Kryta
Server: US-Eredon Terrace

I am the guild master. Today, I queued up an upgrade for my guild. The only other rank that has permission to alter the upgrade queues hasn’t been on in two days. When I logged in again, the build was gone. Possible solution/refund of influence?

Never forsake fighting for what you believe in; the fray is always worth the blood, sweat, and tears
-Kevin Fogg

Posted by: Kain Nosgoth.4218

Kain Nosgoth.4218

When I logged in again, the build was gone.

We kept getting that in the 2nd guild I’m in (the one that works x.X) but the upgrades either showed up later (timer doesn’t stop) or after they were completed.

How hard is it to write a command to search the DB for any guilds that have no rank with all permissions and then modify the highest one to have them (depending on how/with what the DB is made it could be a 300 characters or less thing!).

Just beacuase. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z2Z23SAFVA
AFL – Away From Life. // I admit to being a bad person.
Character specific key binds…yesterday if possible. Thank you.

Posted by: Rising Vengeance.2768

Rising Vengeance.2768

Darkhaven Server

Currently representing “Panda Tower” and have been stuck with it for a while now.

Nothing happens when I click to represent someone else.

Posted by: Rozalina.3196

Rozalina.3196

Server: Fort Aspenwood
Guild: Modified Soul Society [SOUL]

I’m co-leader of SOUL and I been having issues lately with changing ranks. I checked and made sure that the box was checked that gives me the ability to do so, but I don’t even get an option when I right click on the shield next to the person’s name I want to promote or demote. The thing is before I was able to change the rank, but in the last few weeks I been having problems with it.

Posted by: Ochenaid.1049

Ochenaid.1049

Server: Fort Aspenwood
Guild: The Xornisian Order [XO]
Leader: Ochenaid.1049 (me)

Like many others who have posted, I lack all typical permissions which are required to actually maintain my guild. It has been over a week now, and in my attempt to contact support my question was closed without a response. We currently have a bit over 4 thousand Influence as we’ve waited for this issue to be fixed rather than attempt to start over, thus I no longer see reforming as a viable option without significant loss for a mere 4 member guild.

I understand that there are various other “priority” issues to take care of, but certainly I’m not the only one with this issue that’s becoming discouraged. My guild was a significant part of the first Guild Wars for me and my friends, so I had high hopes to continue on with it here in GW2.

Posted by: biscuit.5091

biscuit.5091

Server: Seafarer’s Rest
Guild: Satoncald Army [SCA]
Leader: Satoncald or biscuit.5091 (me).

Issue #1 :Yesterday I created the guild and my friend used his tome, got us the 1k IP and we used it to buy politics upgrade level 1. The entire upgrade would take 16 hours, it’s been 16 hours already, But we did not get the upgrade, lost the 500 IP and it doesn’t appear to be on the queue list, either any removal history.
Issue #2 : As a leader, I can’t even edit the ranks.

Please HELP ><!

Posted by: RealityWorks.9641

RealityWorks.9641

Server: Desolation
Region: EU
Guild: Legendary Defender of Ascalon [LDoA]

Issues:

1) Influence is not being gathered, while we have over 80 people with more then 20 active at a time the influence stopped getting accumulated after yesterdays ‘’server restart’’. (yesterday was 23-9-2012)

2) I’ve spend the 500 influence we had before the server restart on building politics level 1 upgrade. However, it had 14 hours to go, now it’s gone and removed from the building queue. I did lose my 500 influence, and got nothing in return.

I’m the guildleader, should be enough information. Yesterday completely broke the guild for me, the server restart..

Posted by: Jiminimokna.1270

Jiminimokna.1270

When doing WvWvW, I (guild master) cannot claim forts etc., the NPC says my guild has not given me rights to do so. If I check the guild rank setup, I get booted from the game back to the character selection screen.

Go Rin No Sho – Gandara EU
PvE, PvP, WvWvW
www.gorinnosho.com

Posted by: biscuit.5091

biscuit.5091

Server: Seafarer’s Rest
Guild: Satoncald Army [SCA]
Leader: Satoncald or biscuit.5091 (me).

Issue #1 :Yesterday I created the guild and my friend used his tome, got us the 1k IP and we used it to buy politics upgrade level 1. The entire upgrade would take 16 hours, it’s been 16 hours already, But we did not get the upgrade, lost the 500 IP and it doesn’t appear to be on the queue list, either any removal history.
Issue #2 : As a leader, I can’t even edit the ranks.

Please HELP ><!

Issue #1 is fixed.
Issue #2 is still going on.
Issue #3: I can’t buy new upgrades for some reason?