How about craftable gliders to match armor sets you can craft.
Craftable Dungeon/instance gliders to match dungeon/instance armor? Something with gift of map for HoT (map) armors or gift of dungeon if it is a dungeon armor.
I like this idea. It would definitely encourage me to do more dungeons.
1. Flying carpet (the broom, and the other toys would be good additions)
2. Surfboard with waves underneath (I’d die of joy)
3. Rocket backpiece (fashioned after molten backpiece)
4. A Cape
5. Tornado (as in we become enveloped in tornado or maybe just the lower half our character’s body which would be more pleasing)
6. The Tequatl and holographic wings backpiece as gliders
7. Dragon-form (fashioned after Sanctum scramble)
I cannot figure out how to get the Anthology of villains. Hobb doesn’t sell the recipe anywhere for me and I can’t craft that with my weaponsmith.
It would be fantastic for a new personal story, but only this time it’s to do with Mordremoth and not Zhaitan. That would make sense more.
SO…that happened. And I need pants. Heart of Thorns will be the death of my grade in graduate school. I’m taking 5 classes and if it’s released during this Spring semester, I will probably fail all my classes. And it would be worth it.
Please send new pants.
Why do some people stomp faster than other (with no identifiable apparent quickness as a )? This guy stomped my downed state in pvp under half a second… when I try to stomp people, it takes like 2 seconds with the animation..etc.
Box of fun – Petrified
Thief + 2 daggers + 3 skill
First thief who acts as a model gets to decide the form.
The rests are the contestants who will try to imitate.
Thanks to PlayofSound, Dps Ninja for Hire, and Datswagger Divinity’s Reach 8-9-14 5pm CT
Can we get some new toys?
I wouldn’t mind a toy in the form of motorcycle. It would go soooo well with my ensemble.
Cat ears go along with the bunny ears, thank you.
I would really like cat ears…but i don’t see how it can be related to the story.
How about thorny crown to represent Sylvari and the dragon ?
Well, dang, you guys: I did not expect the Story Journal. I’m inclined to think they will make the updates quite entertaining for people to even consider buying (those who apparently don’t bother to log in at all in 2 weeks…)
There are some great ideas that I like. Though, it seems a lot of people are expecting more from future feature patches and less to do with actual living story.
My top 5 for feature pack would be:
5. Pre-cursor crafting
4. Every profession can use every weapon/New weapons
3. More useful traits/skills
2. Personality trait revamp. It would add a lot of depth to role playing. I would absolutely love it if it affects the way we shout or the way we do heart quests!
1. More guild missions/guild content
On to living world expectations:
5. “High quality permanent content” = Though quite vague and unhelpful, I can understand the desire to explore relatively new zones, kill new monsters with hope of new loots…etc. However, if my memory still severs me, it’s the rewards of playing certain zones that can cause major “gamer kitten” or major “quu quu”, not the new zone itself. People that ask for more more more zones are the people who get bored and can’t entertain themselves with current ones. It would be a nightmare to come out with new permanent zones every season. Player base will be too spread out. For a zone to be great, we’ll have to have a discussion on what that greatness entails in a zone. Loots?Challenge? Beautiful scenery? Dynamic events? More heart quests? less heart quests? No heart quests? World boss? For me personally, I feel there are enough zones already in this game. I’d rather the team utilize living story to re-imagine the current zones the way they did to LA and Kessex Hills. This way it would be more in line of a living, breathing world that shifts and changes every “season”.
4. Trahearne get corrupted. We get to kill him. I’d die of happiness. Thanks to cody.4591
3. Death of favorite/main characters. Anyone. Preferably, all of the b-iconic ones. I like them , but they are just too 1 dimensional good guy. #weddingdeath #GoT.
2. A Good story and an even better Anti-hero. My ideas of good would include these qualities: surprising , suspenseful, and sensible. If possible, no more blog post about a character background outside of game. It’s just a no-no for immersion. Let us read a diary in game or something.
1. A decent final boss fight that is entertaining.
What are you expectations from the season 2 of the living world?
For me, I will be pleased if we get :
10. New explorable areas. Ideally not permanent. I like the ideas of contents coming and going so we can look forward to it every year…etc.
9. New skills/weapons/traits for different profession that are tied into the living story. Say, there’s a new and powerful enemy coming and our heroes got more powerful/flexible in response.
8. More solo-able contents for the living story if our personal story will not continue officially. At this rate, I don’t think we’ll get a new personal story until expansion or guild wars 3…
7. A cape/cloak as a back piece. To solve clipping issues, our weapons that we put on our back will not be sheathed unless we go hide our cape in the equipment panel. Or! if it’s possible, there could be a new animation that shows our character transform their 2h weapon into a cape or a cloak when they are idle. Then in combat, there’s another animation that shows we transform that cape into weapon…etc. Epic. yasssssssssssss.
6. I want to say new world bosses, but improving on the old ones is great as well.
5. Returning favorite characters. See 2.
4. New, like-able anti-heroes that are not necessarily evil. I don’t want to know whom I can count on or whom I need to defeat from the get-go.
3. It would be major CRAZY if time travel is involved in plot line. It would be even more crazy if we get to vote whom player wants to travel back to save. Tybalt, please.
2. Throw a wedding and kill off the favorite characters. That one would make the evening news! Imagine the riot!
1. Big bad kitten dragon fight that honors our intelligence and contribution to your gem store aka. your entire livelihood up until now. Big bad kitten dragon fight shall renew my faith in this game the way when Liadri first came out, before i discovered Dulfy’s mesmer video tehehehehe.
ps: I spent an hour on this kitten post. urgggh. Gotta get up/go to work in 4 hours.
How would I know the world is living and alive if my burning debuff won’t go away when I jump into a water?
Yes, jump into the water after I set you on fire so I can then proceed to broil you alive with a couple lightning bolts.
And that would be so cool. Elementalists FTW
1. A robe for heavy class so I can get my guardian to be full-fledged Gandalf.
2. New weapons. We know you can make new weapons and skills. Look at those toys.
3. Stealth for warrior? Jk…
Mostly, I think I can use a more interactive approach to environment. How would I know the world is living and alive if my burning debuff won’t go away when I jump into a water? Think about it. It would be nice if we can seek refuge or make use of the world around us. Maybe, ideas like this won’t work in open pve zones, but we can use more interactive dungeons and fractals!
let’s eliminate the middle part?
I would like to suggest converting skill points into leveling tome. The reasons are:
1. I don’t want to dread leveling up an alt while playing on main. It’s just not a nice feeling.
2. It encourages me to buy additional slots for alts because I know I can level them fast
3. It saves us all from grinding low levels. It gives us the option of having access to high level contents faster. Crafting is for rich people. A lot of us are not.
4. People do accumulate a lot of skill points and they would like to use it to benefit their alts.
Allowing this as an option doesn’t take away any of the core game philosophies since we’re all down-leveled anyway low level zones. I have more fun exploring zones on my 80s anyway.
Oh Ehm Geee…. wow congrats. Real money spent on this or not, it’s still impressive.
Well, I’m surprised not many people mention PvP as part of casual play. For me, I would seek out some new builds from “intothemist” and try it out in PvP for various professions. It’s one the best ways to enjoy different professions since everything is free in PvP: no cost for armor, runes, sigils, weapons
It’s nice to see D/D Eles are making a come back!
I just explore, and talk with/humorously troll (Not maliciously) whatever chat channel I end up in with goofiness. Or go to a random zone and try the events that pop up, again and again and again. I once tried to see how many barrels of booze I could get in that one place in Shiverpeak, then see how fast I could deplete them all again in a game of catch.
I still have not tried any of those booze!! I. Must. Look. Into. This!
I’ve played while drunk once. It was rather fun. I might try it again haha.
I don’t recommend it as a daily thing though.
With work and school, I’m becoming a casual player for this game. I’m wondering what other fellow casual players do in this game for fun.
For my self, since the last feature patch, I’ve spent hours just mixing and matching new looks for my characters! It’s pretty fun. Also, I’ve noticed that I would spend hours in one “game mode” then would get sick of it and spend more hours in a different one. I do get bored after playing a few days in a row.
I don’t feel motivated to dailies as much as before since I’ve got all the ascended stuff I need. So, there have been days where I would not log on to guild wars 2 at all. That being said, I enjoy this game a lot when there are ample breaks in between playing sessions. So for anyone who feels bored and frustrated, I would advise you to take a few days worth of break. The game is always worth coming back to!
the wings from light of dwayna are too… small and not majestic. Okrrr…
I like that idea of a lavender tint. Amazing. Yassssssssss.
I need a new back-piece in the form of semi-translucent feathered angel wings* (kinda like the shatterer wing from dragon bash, but in celestial white color). It would totally go with the halo and sunrise on my guardian.
**the wings would not flap around while you’re standing still or not in combat. However, It would spring up when you use skills or swing you’re weapon or jump or run…but not when you WALK. EPIC.
Just curious why Kasmeer was having a hiccup-fit at the end? What is this supposed to achieve? and why can’t something else achieve the same thing?
Maybe I’m the only one here, but I don’t mind “imbalance” . I’m always super excited when there’s a “balance” patch coming out just because I can to try new things! It breathes new life to the game a little. I hope things are never perfectly “balanced” because it would be insanely boring. People will lack incentive to try out new classes if every class is balanced against one another.
It’s very complicated to “balance” since we don’t want everyone to run just one build and just one profession for like 9 months straight. So, as long as, Dev team can manage to shuffle things around to keep the game combat fresh, I’m very grateful, happy, and looking forward to playing this game!
My only suggestion would be, in pvp and WvW., to allow people to have multiple Traits Templates so people can swap while during down time or dead/waiting to be revived. It keeps people playing instead of warping to starting point, waiting on loading screen, running back…etc. The loading screen, the wp back to “town”, and the walking back to a fight sort break immersion for me.
The “but” part is this game is unforgiving to those players who adventures alone… have you considered buffing speed, defense, and general survival stats to those players who may be facing 2 -3 enemies all at one time? Just a thought.
You know…that would make them a LOT of money for a while.
Having said that, it would probably drive the economy down because 800 gems is a lot of less expensive to get than trying to make more legendaries and ascended items for each of your characters.
Overhaul your monsters and how they respond to the types of skills used by players… that way we can be more creatively and intelligently play.
Nerfing zerker and still making it the best dps….. not sure if it would solve anything. Stacking and kill fast would still be the best way to go because your monsters are not smart. Why don’t you get this? Pls…
Half-kitten buffing support skills (so you won’t eat ur words on no holy trinity) will not make support any more attractive. Case in point, I ain’t gon’ bother chilling lupi or heal my teammates if the longer lupi is alive, the harder he is to kill and the higher chance my teammates will die. I would go full zerk to down it fast.
You’ve invested so much into the world: so many explorable zones, so many updates for living story. I don’t get how skills are continually “balanced” and fixed around pvp.
Lastly…. I want to play creatively and smartly in pvp but sometimes, i can’t even see what the other player is doing due to clutter graphic. Casting time seems to lag longer. 3/4 is more like 2 seconds with animation. Pretty much in pvp, it’s often zerg vs zerg or you’ll get steamrolled because your traits are not “reactive” to zerg.
If there’s a way to introduce “reactive defense or offense” in traits, it would be awesome. “RD” of “RO” would make traits more lively and smart and fun in pvp. It may work a long the line of “outnumber” in wvw where in pvp, if you’re outnumbered, your cds might be shorter? you might hit harder? you might actually have a chance to last a full 10 seconds before completely steamrolled.
Hi, I just crafted my ascended set today and got my AR up to 85. I’m looking for fellow fotm runners who have about 65+ AR to run with me. Add me or whisper in-game. I usually do fotm runs after reset. Thank you!
So..i caved in and crafted a full set of Zojja ascended armors. I hit a snag when i realized breastplate needed Vision crystal unlike the other 5 pieces that only needed less vision crystal. I’m not sure why there need to be a lesser vision crystal and a regular vision crystal, but whatever, it’s my fault for not being careful
I completely understand OP about the high amount of laurels needed for people with a lot of alts. I have 5 lvl 80s and plan on equipping at least three of those 80s with ascended armors. That being said, we all just need to learn to wait and enjoy the progress while we wait. If we get everything in less than a week, we would be bored and complaining for more things soon enough. So, yes I wish we could spend less laurels, but I also understand why: It would feel so good once we get all our ascended pieces together!
1 to 15 only? i wish we would get more than that but progress is progress.
Strange. That event always worked fine for me when I did it. Might be a new bug?
I don’t know what i did wrong …it keeps happening every time i do that event
Hi, I’ve tried many times doing the defend the skritt thieves at Harathi Hinterland (if you do fractal of the mists, you know why we do those events… ) and it always seems to fail after we killed the vet matriarch. Not sure what we’re supposed to do.
Anyone has a bright idea on how to do the event?
i wish they would introduce twerking as a dance move so i can do that in wvw after stomping peeps.
It will be something I’d like to work toward to since I plan on sticking around with this game for a long while. That said, I know that It’s not important that I need to get these armors immediately which is why I love this game. People that use words like power creep and treadmills are the reasons we can’t have nice things in this game. >_>
Yes. i support this. I want to see it happen! Should be fun!
I’d like to make a formal suggestion that we can post a request for match on lfg tool for duel in obsidian sanctum.
allow dueling option with the friendlies in that area.
introduce 1 v 1 as part of your PlayerS vs PlayerS
Isn’t karma kind of a token already?
My hope is that it can be infused or equipped with agony resistance! I would go for ascended armors just so I can do higher tier fractals that are supposedly coming soon.
lvl 50 should still be receiving the 41-50 daily chest if you haven’t done any 41+ run that day…. the OP might be saying he’s not getting even daily chest. Correct me if i’m wrong :/
To the rest of the unsympathetic people, what’s wrong with wanting contents to be rewarding? This is an mmo …it needs to have replayability value [challening, interesting mechanic, and LOOOTS and lots of loots]. With recent “fixes” and ridiculous grind mechanic, you can’t say the gameplay is rewarding. Come on.
I still appreciate the revamping efforts of fractal. It’s pretty fun to do fractal in different mistlock instability. I just wish the mistlock was as random as the rotation of the fractal itself.
The old fractal weapons can’t be transmuted now? I saved them thinking they will become skins… but they are not fine. Fine. But i bought transmutation and now I can’t use them to transmute for the skin. Does anyone else have the same problem? is this a bug ? or a “design philosophy” ?
Adding more dredge
Removing dead players off of the pressure plate
removal of pipes
same clown car full of endless dredge
sigh………. more of the same….
The fun of the game was in fractal 70+. If they hard cap it again to 50 they are basically taking 30 levels of fun content away from us…
now see… i don’t feel bad for people that went above and beyond what was intended…. but I do understand the disappointment of having “fun things” taken away. Unfortunately, we are better off accepting the fact that this is not our sandbox and we have limits and consequences to deal with.
No, not making this game into console.
But what about creating an anime or cartoon out of this franchise? There are so many beloved characters, so many lores and rich cultures. I think it will tons of fun. Or even starting with a narration coupled with some cut scenes or some animation. That’s a great way to introduce new players to the game. I would pay to subscribe to the channel. Youtube is rolling out subscription fee based channels…so get with it!
Add some hot steamy scenes between Tybalt and Demi, I think HBO will air its first ever weekly anime. Jk about that part.
Having read about the future of my hard-earned fractal level being reset, I -like many of you- experienced some anger. Though not unjustified, it is still for the most part quite silly to be emotionally affected by new changes in a game that is first and foremost meant to be fun. After putting some thoughts into this matter, I came to a few realizations:
1. Changes to the game means we are kind of getting a re-introduction to fractal. New mechanic after 30? I’m excited. Changes to old fractals? New fractals? Easy fractals first? Yes. Yes. Yes. What am I doing here? I am focusing on the positives that come with, wait for it, a free update. I feel like as the game ages, we’re getting better and better contents all because we have a gaming company that is rather benevolent to its players. I do think at the end of the day Anet is on the good side of history. If you still feel the rage, just think of Isaiah Cartwright holding a really fluffy cat. Or, go play with your own pets. I don’t have any pets so I watch the Mindy Project and the Vampire Diaries. Seriously, addictive.
2.Getting reset after grinding to level 50 will sure leave a sour taste in my mouth, but it’s only level 30 and I got to keep all the stuff I’ve earned. For the most parts, I’m ahead of a lot of new and returning players. Since this is a part of the bi-weekly update, I’m pretty sure there’s an achievement for that which I’m sure it has something to do with doing a lot of fractal runs. Hence, there are plenty of incentives to do fractals.
3. We don’t own any of these creative, virtual parts of this game. This is somebody’s sandbox and they will call the shot for the most parts.(And, they should because most of us wouldn’t be able to create this vast expansive world on our own. And if we did, we’d get tired and bored too quickly.). To be too angry is to foolishly think that our play time means we own parts in the game. We do not. It’s something we can enjoy, not to hold on to or to care too much about. It’s unhealthy. If you feel like you’ve spent too much time for nothing, you are probably right. Don’t grind and cry when you’re not rewarded or when your rewards are not longer…meaningful or valid. I did that and I felt stupid afterward.
Thanks for reading,
Two characters: one at 50 and one at 38.
oh thank you.
i had to go back and re-read everything again. Sigh………………………….
Where did people get the ideas of resetting levels and leaderboard from? I did not read any of that in the realease page. Can anyone refer me to the source?