05/10/2013 NA Tier 2: DB/FA/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Cough.

Lani was the one that was violently against this right? Perhaps she should have a chat with her server mates.

You can hit there with a wider FOV from multiple monitors or window adjustment and an Arrow cart to the right side of the door. with regards to the FOV thing please read this

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Arrow-Carts-can-hit-hard-to-reach-places/first#post2017966

Yeah but Lani and others were pretty vocal about complaining about it when our guys apparently did it. My point really is that all servers are doing it. Personally I’m not overly ticked about it, it’s annoying sure, and there are ways to counter it, but I wanted to point out that the previous pages decrying this .. well you get what I’m saying.

Lets get a score update together?

Would you like my asura? Also .. headed to bed now, but tomorrow maybe? Just whisper me in game.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Is it just me or does WvW participation seem lower across all servers these past few weeks/months? T2 doesn’t feel as populated as it once did.

Actually no WvW has never been more popular in DB than since we lost our guilds to SoS… Not sure about FA/TC

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Cough.

Lani was the one that was violently against this right? Perhaps she should have a chat with her server mates.

You can hit there with a wider FOV from multiple monitors or window adjustment and an Arrow cart to the right side of the door. with regards to the FOV thing please read this

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Arrow-Carts-can-hit-hard-to-reach-places/first#post2017966

Yeah but Lani and others were pretty vocal about complaining about it when our guys apparently did it. My point really is that all servers are doing it. Personally I’m not overly ticked about it, it’s annoying sure, and there are ways to counter it, but I wanted to point out that the previous pages decrying this .. well you get what I’m saying.

Lets get a score update together?

Would you like my asura? Also .. headed to bed now, but tomorrow maybe? Just whisper me in game.

Omg yea Aura, I’ll get lawn mower and Ev tell Ronin and let’s get together!

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Is it just me or does WvW participation seem lower across all servers these past few weeks/months? T2 doesn’t feel as populated as it once did.

Think it goes in lulls …. we were pretty quiet the past couple weeks, think folks just needed a break. I know I did. And now I’m starting to see our old numbers back out on the map, which is heartening. It’s the nature of T2 I think. We all rotate through numbers, highs and lows. Also remember new pve content just came out. I’m actually surprised we have the numbers we do right now with that update lol. Don’t worry, it’ll swing back again on all servers.

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

This SM 3 way is never gonna end!

KEEP IT COMING

You’re such a dirty boy!

But yes, it was a blast .. sadly I had to log for bed. Regardless of who wins it, was a heck of a fight.

*spam 1, 1, 1, … 6, 6, SIX SIX! ><

in Match-ups

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

For the last two weeks I’ve done everything that has nothing to do with WvW – visiting maps I’ve never visited, loads of nodes farming, regularly showing up for every mega boss event, hell I managed to atlast finish my personal story on one alt out of 11 alts! The idea of doing a whole dungeon full of undead always sickened me. Saved up enough gold to get a certain precursor off TP. I feel fresh and satisfied after reaching that milestone. It’s good to take a break from anything routine and come back fresh with a renewed energy. Now WvW feels more fun!

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

KEEP IT COMING

That was SO. MUCH. FUN. Definitely one of my favorite SM experiences thusfar.

I still can’t believe our little band clinched it there, even if it was only for one tick. xD

We lost about 2/3 of our numbers about halfway through the fight. They had to map hop for some other thing somewhere else.

Unfortunately we got a little too focused on SM and didn’t notice FA ninja some of our stuff. That hurt, but we got it back.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Saruon.4085

Saruon.4085

Some awesome fights on EB tonight thanks FA and TC for coming and playing ball!

/Salute

[Aggression] -Relentless by Nature-
We <3 Haters
The Prophet of Aggression

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

/Salute

I second this! Fun night. That skill lag in SM during the 3-way fight was the worst I’ve seen it in a couple months.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

My god.

~ Kovu

Attachments:

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Taras.4367

Taras.4367

That Sm fight WAS EPIC!!!! Most fun i ever had in wvw

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

My god.

~ Kovu

You suck at photography

Attachments:

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

in Match-ups

Posted by: CAA.9653

CAA.9653

KEEP IT COMING

We’re you guys able to get ANY skills off? Literally, everybody in our server had Terrible lag. We couldn’t use any skills except 1. Yet, we saw a lot of walls by either TC or DB. A lot of people in FA rage quit because of that.

Nevertheless, I was frustrated but had fun.

Guardian – Cameid, but my friends call me Cam

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fegelein.7026

Fegelein.7026

Yes. It was also very laggy on DBs side and we couldn’t do anything but spam 1. I have been to a couple of 3 way fights in SMC, but never that laggy. Nevertheless, it was a real fun fight that I think lasted for 2 hours. The castle kept flipping until we finally got it in the end xD.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Awesome night on DBBL tonight. Bay flipped from Red to Blue to Green back to Red in the space of like 15min. Great fights, saw some really good action tonight from both FA and DB. Woo!

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Woot woot! Score update.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

Oceanic and SEA times makes this forum a bore….T.T “forever alone”

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Oceanic and SEA times makes this forum a bore….T.T “forever alone”

Try sleeping! =P

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

KEEP IT COMING

We’re you guys able to get ANY skills off? Literally, everybody in our server had Terrible lag. We couldn’t use any skills except 1. Yet, we saw a lot of walls by either TC or DB. A lot of people in FA rage quit because of that.

I was able to get off every single skill with no lag. Was running 60 fps in Lords Room too.

/sarcasm

It was very laggy. I think I teleported several times ahead of the zerg for some reason and every time I hit Hammer 2 it looked like I was dunking before I jumped in the air, if you can even picture that.

[Agg] ression

(edited by mekkanic.4759)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Seeing more lag than usual even when no zergs are around.

Could be related to the new Pve content perhaps?

Not totally game breaking but annoying nonetheless.

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

KEEP IT COMING

I was able to get off every single skill with no lag. Was running 60 fps in Lords Room too.

/sarcasm

It was very laggy. I think I teleported several times ahead of the zerg for some reason and every time I hit Hammer 2 it looked like I was dunking before I jumped in the air, if you can even picture that.

Yeah, I’ve never seen skill lag that bad before. It was bad enough that the ring was still blue while we were in it, even though there were no FA/DB in it. Then suddenly we capped, like the server realized “Oh, they’ve been standing in an uncontested ring for a while now…”

Most of us could only get off our autoattack and maybe an occasional heal if we were lucky.

Still had a ton of fun though!

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Actually no WvW has never been more popular in DB than since we lost our guilds to SoS… Not sure about FA/TC

Ya FA realty slacking off this week i am thinking all the complaining about the AC is keeping ppl away from it. As a server we kind of shot our self in the foot here by talking about how bad something is (even if it was not) tends to keep ppl away from even trying it in the first places.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Ya FA realty slacking off this week i am thinking all the complaining about the AC is keeping ppl away from it. As a server we kind of shot our self in the foot here by talking about how bad something is (even if it was not) tends to keep ppl away from even trying it in the first places.

Don’t be too hard on FA. These things go in cycles. You guys had an amazing couple weeks, and you’re probably suffering a bit from burnout.

TC hit that scenario for the last two weeks, and this week we’re building back up to full strength. We’re still not all the way there, compared to the showing we saw ~4-5 weeks ago, but we’re having a great week overall. It’s been very fun, and that’s what matters.

I still can’t get over the incredible number of players that DB seems to be able to field at one time. Running large zergs on three maps is making me green with envy!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

I still can’t get over the incredible number of players that DB seems to be able to field at one time. Running large zergs on three maps is making me green with envy!

Actually, it’s making DB Green…
(you can still have the “envy” though )

NAGA|TC

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

xD

o i c wat u did there.

in Match-ups

Dhampyr.2104

Bah dum dum. LOL

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Dhampyr.2104

Don’t be too hard on FA. These things go in cycles. You guys had an amazing couple weeks, and you’re probably suffering a bit from burnout.

TC hit that scenario for the last two weeks, and this week we’re building back up to full strength. We’re still not all the way there, compared to the showing we saw ~4-5 weeks ago, but we’re having a great week overall. It’s been very fun, and that’s what matters.

+1. FA has always been about the fights anyway – PPT didn’t matter, long as they stay in T2. And the fights FA has been bringing have been really fun and competitive.

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I’m surprised everyone didn’t leave WvW for Southsun. When else are you going to be able to say you fought off a bad case of crabs without meaning something horrific?

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

I’m surprised everyone didn’t leave WvW for Southsun. When else are you going to be able to say you fought off a bad case of crabs without meaning something horrific?

Hey! I defeated the crabs, got my back-sucking tentacles, and then went into WvW to show them off all evening!

And for the record, Karka are definitely “something horrific.”

Also, for the record, it only takes around 2-3 hours to get the 25 achievements and the two backpieces. Might be less than that, actually.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Well honestly it takes maybe an hour at most to get both the back pieces, and by that point I think anyone would be sick of southsun :P

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I guess i just did not like how ppl in FA took the AC changes and are still some what taking it this way is all. They are still a very good group whom are willing to have fun in wvw.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Well honestly it takes maybe an hour at most to get both the back pieces, and by that point I think anyone would be sick of southsun :P

The hardest part is just finding those sample spots. An hour is definitely right if you have a guild telling you where they are.

Moral of the story: Read a guide!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

I think this is how most of us feel.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

/Salute

I second this! Fun night. That skill lag in SM during the 3-way fight was the worst I’ve seen it in a couple months.

Worst lag, but one of the most fun battles ever. There was minimal siege all around and was just a lot of people fighting. A really great time.

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Anyone with a score update? It’s been a while.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faeryll.1673

Faeryll.1673

Overcast with a 60% chance of rain in Lion’s Arch.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Got Quaggan? Thanks for the update!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Got Quaggan? Thanks for the update!

<3 that cute quaggan!

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

<3 that cute quaggan!

Ditto!

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Oy… Quaggans… FA sure does love the Quaggan….

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

I get this feeling that DB will be in T2 longer then they intended. Between the competition and glicko, no one is going to T1 unless one of those servers drop.

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

I get this feeling that DB will be in T2 longer then they intended. Between the competition and glicko, no one is going to T1 unless one of those servers drop.

What’s crazy about T1 is that is feels like every week sees a new winner up there. It’s very weird.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

What’s crazy about T1 is that is feels like every week sees a new winner up there. It’s very weird.

It’s almost like T2.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

It’s almost like T2.

Now that you mention it…

in Match-ups

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

I could spend the next 6 months in tier 2.

I would rather be a stable tier 2 server than have one week in tier 1 and then lose all the guilds to, what is apparently, a lot of pressure up there.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

What the? Role-playing server for the win? haha, that’s awesome. I didn’t know Tarnished Coast was this populated (not talking about the WvWvW population in particular).

Attachments:

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chewy.9263

Chewy.9263

So even if you break SM doors down from the inside they still open inwards…

Love

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

What the? Role-playing server for the win? haha, that’s awesome. I didn’t know Tarnished Coast was this populated (not talking about the WvWvW population in particular).

TC has always had a T1 pop.. just not the WvW participation to match it. They just need to figure out how to draw all those people from the shiny dungeons/events/seedy taverns in Divinity’s Reach

in Match-ups

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

I have been on TC since the first 5 minutes of launch. TC has definitely been one of the most populated servers since launch in a large part to being the fan-designated US roleplaying server as well as a heavily populated PvE playerbase. It gives Tarnished Coast a particularly distinguished server flavor and character.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

I could spend the next 6 months in tier 2.

I would rather be a stable tier 2 server than have one week in tier 1 and then lose all the guilds to, what is apparently, a lot of pressure up there.

You and me both. I personally have -NO- desire to be in T1, and I’ve been pretty vocal about that from the get-go.

In my twisted brain (and I mean this good naturedly):

T1: Elitist Hollywood Stars
T2: We be scalawags from the high seas!
T3: “Hey coach, can I play??! Please!!?”
T4-T8: “We play for fun!”