Open world Duels [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gestankfaust.4216

Gestankfaust.4216

Costume Brawls (something that nobody does outside of when they have to for dailies) was added before duels…..

What was anet thinking exactly?

I hate duels. I hate the duel system in most MMOs. I have blocked so many annoying “duelists” in other MMOs just for this.

Costume brawls are voluntary. You “suit” up and go. It’s a blast to me because it’s not a bunch of little morons running around asking for duals to ppl that just don’t care to. Almost irritates me as much as the old gold moochers did.

This. I hate duels with a passion. I turned off duels in WoW because some kitten would always plop down out of nowhere and want to duel when I was in the middle of farming or whatever.

If A-Net never put in a dueling system, I wouldn’t give it a second thought. Just one less checkbox I have to check in the options panel.

So you’re going to take out a major part of a game that many players would absolutely love to have, simply so you don’t have to go into your options a single time and check a single box?

Yeah….selfish

Many players obviously have stated they would not love to have.

Why is it that you and a couple others think that a check box is all that it would need to make this happen? Not that simple. And they need to work on real things right now. Not “dual me dual me dual me”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

duels would certainly be better than the crap available but what i really want is attack/defend kind of gameplay.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Suggestions

Gestankfaust.4216

Costume Brawls (something that nobody does outside of when they have to for dailies) was added before duels…..

I hate duels. I hate the duel system in most MMOs. I have blocked so many annoying “duelists” in other MMOs just for this.

Costume brawls are voluntary. You “suit” up and go. It’s a blast to me because it’s not a bunch of little morons running around asking for duals to ppl that just don’t care to. Almost irritates me as much as the old gold moochers did.

True but the pro-duelists will never utilize costume brawl because there is no the fun in showing off your obviously superior gameplay when your dressed as an ooze.

edit: and OP thanks for speaking for the “players” here, we seldom have a voice so it is nice you added yours. /sarcasm

lol..yeah…obvious superior gameplay.

Show it in PvP, WvW or any other place. Some stupid on the spot 1v1 kitten match proves you know how to pick your fights. Not how to survive them when they choose you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

This. I hate duels with a passion. I turned off duels in WoW because some kitten would always plop down out of nowhere and want to duel when I was in the middle of farming or whatever.

If A-Net never put in a dueling system, I wouldn’t give it a second thought. Just one less checkbox I have to check in the options panel.

So you’re going to take out a major part of a game that many players would absolutely love to have, simply so you don’t have to go into your options a single time and check a single box?

Yeah….selfish

Why is it that you and a couple others think that a check box is all that it would need to make this happen? Not that simple. And they need to work on real things right now. Not “dual me dual me dual me”

Your missing the combined favorite: “Duel me!!!! Oh hahah I seen your gear soobaaddddd omgomg” Gosh, that used to be so fun to deal with /sarcasm

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Suggestions

Gestankfaust.4216

Yeah….selfish

Your missing the combined favorite: “Duel me!!!! Oh hahah I seen your gear soobaaddddd omgomg” Gosh, that used to be so fun to deal with /sarcasm

lol!

Yeah. Someone up there did at least make a good point about it passing time. But then, I don’t sit around waiting for some group to gather or mob/boss to spawn. So I can’t relate much.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Yeah….selfish

lol!

Yeah. Someone up there did at least make a good point about it passing time. But then, I don’t sit around waiting for some group to gather or mob/boss to spawn. So I can’t relate much.

Well Aion had dueling, and it was pretty meh. Most people just wanted it for kitten status. Then they would berate you for being bad etc etc, I hope I speak for all of us or the majority when I say GW2 is not THAT community. You did have a deny function, but people still whispered… I don’t think players should be bothered about this or the preview function while playing there game. I can agree that an arena or posibly a section of sPvP dedicated to this. But in open world I think the current “fun style duel” is perfectly fine. In fact I think it is actually better than regular duels because people really have so much fun since you lose nothing. And if you win you get the cute crown, this is why i often put down boxes o fun randomly on my server. It is nice to watch people have fun with them.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

No duels for me thank you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m someone who doesn’t really PvP at all, but I don’t really mind if the duel arenas in Lion’s Arch became instanced areas where players could go in and duel themselves. Players can talk to an NPC to flag themselves as looking to duel, and then issue challenges to other players in the area who are also flagged. If you don’t fancy dueling, don’t talk to the NPC. Best of both worlds.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brennus.1435

Brennus.1435

Perhaps we should just change the name “dueling” to something else that doesn’t resemble it any way. There seems to be an entire camp here who sees that word, and instantly rages against it, ignoring every single suggestion made. There has been almost zero request in this entire thread to make dueling a “request based, anywhere it happens” sort of system, yet that’s exactly what the anti-dueling arguments have been. On the contrary, most of the pro-duel suggestions have been to have them inside designated arenas. Not only that, but in instanced, designated arenas. That means that not only do you not get inundated with requests, you in fact never have to see or hear of it, ever unless you walk into it on purpose. What’s the problem with that?

“Everyone is born a 5 signet Warrior,
what we become later only depends
on how hard we try and how good we want to become.” -HannaDeFreitas

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Perhaps we should just change the name “dueling” to something else that doesn’t resemble it any way.

How about Hero Battles … worst arena ever.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I get all the dueling I need, right here on the forums, thank you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Yeah duels should be implemented. At the moment players are abusing the 5 vs. 5 or 8 vs. 8 hotjoin sPvP servers and then complaining if someone else is joining and want to play a real sPvP match.

Would not hurt to implement duels and I’m sure it is not that hard to implement it. We have WvW 3 faction(3 servers) fighting each other and we already have different mob types that attack each other and you as the player that attack both(and hostile mobs and non hostile mobs with yellow names). So there should be already a system to make different factions and they probably would use something like that to make the people dueling each other attackable.

And of course there is no reason against it. People saying “I don’t want to be spammed by duel requests” are just stupid. What if players don’t want to be spammed by guild requests or group requests? Should we remove the group or guild system now?

Of course not. Only good solution that comes to mind(and someone mentioned it already): Make an option to auto block all duel requests. I also know similar options from other games that let you block group/ party requests or trade requests. That of course is a must have since stuff like that annoys players if always a popu kitten howing up.

Edit: Also if it only were in Arenas it would be nice too. In the Mists sPvP area we have that starter island. There could be small other islands floating around the main island where you get ported to duel(and you speak to a “duel master” for random people or can just join with a friend to duel him).

Don’t know if it is possible in Lion’s Arch… does not the Black Citadal have some sort of Arena area with some waypoint there? Also would be nice there to make that instanced since we already have Keg Brawl in Hoelbraek and I think other major cities need somehing unique too.

(edited by Luthan.5236)

in Suggestions

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

The Game Environment desperately needs a Dueling Arena, for everybody, the one that wants to duel and those that don’t want to duel.

Why? because people who whats to duel, they get interrupted when they use the battleground to duel, and the people who aren’t dueling have to leave and soemtimes the game keep sending them back to the exact same game!

Guild Wars 2 Forever

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

The Game Environment desperately needs a Dueling Arena, for everybody, the one that wants to duel and those that don’t want to duel.

Why? because people who whats to duel, they get interrupted when they use the battleground to duel, and the people who aren’t dueling have to leave and soemtimes the game keep sending them back to the exact same game!

Developers has many times said that the PvP is based around ~5v5 and a supported 1v1 option will not happen.

Keep an eye out for the custom arenas, though. There is other ways around it.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

Actually when private servers come you’ll have to pay gems to rent them, so in order to duel with less of a hassle you’ll have to buy the right to do so every week or month >.<

Honestly don’t know why dueling isn’t in the game at this point, it should have been there months ago.

in Suggestions

Posted by: PurebladeProductions.4875

PurebladeProductions.4875

If dueling is implemented, I think the best way to do it is to be able to duel anywhere except in the major cities through a duel request. Additionally, there should be an option called “Automatically ignore all duel requests.” that is by default toggled on for everyone. Players who want to duel can turn that option off and will then be open to duel requests.

Duel requests would be sent by selecting a person and right-clicking on the ‘target UI’ at the top of the screen, and then choosing “Request duel” from the list. Players who still have the aforementioned option toggled on won’t have the “Request duel” option available in the list.
If the other person accepts the duel, both players involved in the duel will have an icon over their head that shows other players that they are dueling.

As for griefing, as said before all players will have the “Automatically ignore all duel requests.” option toggled on. If you don’t want to duel random people, keep it toggled on.

These are just my thoughts on how dueling could best be implemented, if anyone has anything (constructive) to add to this feel free to do so.

Pureblade – Maelstrom Warriors [MW] – Gandara (EU)
8/9 Professions, Asura Guardian main.

in Suggestions

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

I’d love to upvote this more than once. It’d be nice to have a duel option in Heart of the mists, or some special maps for it (new tournament ideas anyone?)

in Suggestions

Posted by: GunshyGamer.2076

GunshyGamer.2076

Ah… reminds me of an RP me and a random guy starting doing that ultimately lead us to wanting to duel directly in the middle of the Sunless fight… would have been so fun. :p

in Suggestions

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

Hey,
I don’t know if this has been brought up yet or not, but what i’d love to see in this game, besides the current well-known forms of pvp, is a 1v1 duel system. Some people said open world pvp would be great, but i disagree – however, a system that allows players to challenge each other to a friendly duel anywhere in the world would be awesome. When i’m standing at the bank or in front of the trading post i often get the urge to check out the cool looking character next to me in pvp, and it’s a bit of a letdown that i can’t. Ofc i could arrange a 1v1 with him in WvW or sPvP or whatever, but that’s so circumstantial.
So, a system that allows us to challenge people to duels would be something i’d love to see

But if your opinion differs, please don’t be too harsh… And sorry for my english, i’m no native speaker.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

It has been brought up before but it would be great. I’d LOVE to dig my steel into the bodies of my friends, or just to spar.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amaterasu.8639

Amaterasu.8639

It has been brought up before but it would be great. I’d LOVE to dig my steel into the bodies of my friends, or just to spar.

yeah same here

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Hey,
I don’t know if this has been brought up yet or not

A search would have told you it has. The mods really need to start clamping down on these duplicate threads.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

Yeah, sorry, my bad… i actually only looked back a few pages to see if a topic was made about this recently or not :/ Should’ve used the search and written “bump” or something in the right topic i guess.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

I would love to see 1v1 tournament style combat… With rewards that can be used for the environment you choose yourself ( PVE/WVW/PVP). Arenastyle 1v1 combat is the most pure form of pvp.
And ofc incorporated in the leaderboards. Since 1v1 says more about skill than being in good groups of 5…

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Equinox.4195

Equinox.4195

I know a lot of people have been crying for the potential to duke it out in a duel, and Custom Arenas are your response to that, I’m sure, but what about Open-World Dueling? Custom Arenas don’t have an impromptu element to them that open-world dueling does. In WvW and feel like dueling a friend? Have a disagreement with someone? Eager to prove your build’s effectiveness to somebody? I know I don’t want to leave a WvW map just to set up a custom arena for a quick match. I just want to right-click somebody and challenge them to a duel.

I’m sure some RPers out there would enjoy this feature as well.

I suppose it would still be about a year or more before we see anything implemented if you don’t already have plans for it or haven’t begun work on it, but I was curious about whether or not this is something you’re willing or planning to implement because I’m sure a lot of people would like to see this.

Equinox the Undying – Thug Necromancer
http://www.youtube.com/EPEquinox

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

And then everyone goes to WvW to duel leaving those who want to WvW in the queues. On top of all the others who are there to do things other than WvW.

While in an ideal world the idea would be great, I doubt it would be something that would actually work as intended and not cause new problems.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tareck.4853

Tareck.4853

I think this could be great. Great idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

Please don’t add open-world dueling to WvW… as Seera said, this would just block out the players who want to actually play WvW.

in Suggestions

uknortherner.2670

Another duelling thread?

OP: See that little box that reads “Search this forum…”? USE IT.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

No, please no, don’t add dueling in open world. It’s annoying enough when people (in other MMO’s) duel in towns and major capital cities…but to add it to WvW would just add a bunch of people who want to stand around dueling rather than the task at hand (trying to take over the world, Pinky!).

It’s bad enough the people that add to the population doing PvE/Dailies/Jumping Puzzles and the ones who are AFK at the borderlands, but to add this would seriously adjust the number of actual people playing in WvW and negate the outmanned buff.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I don’t duel, so I don’t have any feelings either way, but:

- I understand the concerns regarding the WvW queue. I see that WvW is currently the only way to do PvE duels and that it is practical, but I think the queue concerns should take precedence.
- I understand that people want to duel each other with their PvE getup as opposed to PvP getup.
- I support adding a duelling option in PvE. (Maybe in a fixed location such as The Bane, as suggested here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Main-City-Minigames)

in Suggestions

Latorn.4209

The PvE world is hardly being used as it is, we should at least be able to duel there XD Not to mention there are quite a few nice looking locations that would make for good duel hotspots.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zyphent.2967

Zyphent.2967

No, please no, don’t add dueling in open world. It’s annoying enough when people (in other MMO’s) duel in towns and major capital cities…but to add it to WvW would just add a bunch of people who want to stand around dueling rather than the task at hand (trying to take over the world, Pinky!).

It’s bad enough the people that add to the population doing PvE/Dailies/Jumping Puzzles and the ones who are AFK at the borderlands, but to add this would seriously adjust the number of actual people playing in WvW and negate the outmanned buff.

You fail to say how its a problem in the open world other than that its annoying. So your argument is 2 people who want to duel shouldn’t be able to because you don’t like having to look at it while you run through town? Thats… kind of dumb.

That said, they could always put an arena in game for it, or several arenas even. Just an area that, when you head in there, gives you the option of challenging a person to a duel. I’d personally say several, one in every major city, to spread people out.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

Another dueling thread that could have been avoided if the OP wasn’t being lazy and used the search feature. Also useing the Wiki could tell you the new upcoming features t the game.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upcoming_changes_and_features

These changes have been mentioned by ArenaNet, but without any hint of a release date or any specific details.

Activities: includes bar brawl, polymock and a shooting range.8
Foes: More variations to creatures. 9
Housing: Guild halls and player housing in their home instance.1011
Loot & gear: More Legendary items in the future and an update to existing Legendary weapons, to increase their stats from exotic-equivalent to ascended-equivalent once ascended weapons are added to the game.5
Social: Improvements to group finding tool.12
Structured PvP:
New maps.13
Objectives other than conquest.14
World versus World:
Improving the commander functionality: Being discussed, but not being worked on yet.15
Making Siegeweapons not soul bound: Planned, but currently not possible due to internal programming issues.15
Dueling: The ability to duel other players in world.16
Super Adventure Box 17
Each skill slot will have two upgrades 18
Bombs and slingshot work as bundles because their future upgrades will cost more, allowing you to choose cheaper ammo.
World 2 will hopefully be introduced, along with an update to World 1.
Hard mode is being worked on.
Super Adventure Box on the leaderboards.
Super dagger, rifle, and pistol skins.
There are a total of 30 skills planned throughout the four worlds.
Additional Super Adventure Boxes in the other cities (See Moto for notes).

in Suggestions

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

What’s the problem with custom arenas? If ANet can make a way to generate the terrain randomly, or maybe with a certain pre-set, dueling would be awesome.

Imagine if I go to Hoelbrak, spend hours studying the map and start saying things to you. Then I tell you to come to Hoelbrak to duel, and you are going to lose just because I know the place, I know the best spots, and you don’t.

I think the random arenas would be nice and make things more fair. And people dueling in towns and all over would just be bad, unnecessary extra effects

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

As long as I can turn off dueling requests so I never see them, and there’s no dueling in major cities then I’m on board.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I have absolutely no basis to support this statement, but I believe that something has been said to the point of this becoming a thing, I just wish it would happen sooner than it apparently is.

As long as I can turn off dueling requests so I never see them, and there’s no dueling in major cities then I’m on board.

Fooye to this. What exactly is the point of disabling dueling in major cities? So you don’t have to see someone randomly setting off powers? I hate to break it to you, but that can happen anyway since you don’t actually need a target to set off a power. And if that’s not disruptive enough to the world at large there is your standard costume brawling which is noisy and obnocious in the extreme.

What is a little Player on Player combat inside the local tavern in the face of that?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

in Suggestions

Latorn.4209

Ah… reminds me of an RP me and a random guy starting doing that ultimately lead us to wanting to duel directly in the middle of the Sunless fight… would have been so fun. :p

Which would have been AWESOME

The shenanigans one could get up to with the ability to duel are limitless XD

in Suggestions

Posted by: tyler.2569

tyler.2569

I would be so excited if dueling was implemented. There’s a really great community that comes with dueling, and a lot of sub communities that come with it too. Ah, how much joy would come with it for those of us who love dueling!!!!!!!!

in Suggestions

uknortherner.2670

I don’t know what this “great community” you refer to actually is. In other games, duelling usually brought with it constant duel request spam during events/farming sessions, derogatory whispers/tells and even more derogatory PMs.

In one such game (RoM) before they implemented an auto-reject feature, my ignore list had grown so big I had actually hit the limit (1000) because of all the morons who kept spamming me duel requests.

Yeah, “great” community.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Irontodge.9524

Irontodge.9524

Hi all,

I’m just standing around waiting for world events to start with other people… and I find myself thinking whats missing?

In various other MMO’s you could duel a player anywhere in the open environment…. Do you think this is a feature Anet are likely to introduce?

It’s definitely a good time killer when you are in groups waiting… and its a good social event too

Just curious on other peoples thoughts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

It’s been suggested thousands of times and it’s something ArenaNet is looking into, however, it’s not their priority at the moment.

in Suggestions

Irontodge.9524

Ah, i must have missed the posts! Thank you

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adian.8756

Adian.8756

Also, custom arenas are coming tomorrow, so we’ll undoubtfully start seeing dueling-servers pop up. Dueling in the open world - No thanks.

Lyann Vail | 80 Mesmer
Aurora Glade [EU] | Leader of ‘The New Reality [NR]’
WvW Beast!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

And in the absence of dueling, the costume brawl is a lot of fun. Dueling is 1v1. The costume brawl is a huge free for all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

And in the absence of dueling, the costume brawl is a lot of fun. Dueling is 1v1. The costume brawl is a huge free for all.

So is WvW….not so much fun for me

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

Can duel at the windmill. Seen over 100 players there all friendly and taking part. It shows we want the feature.

in Suggestions

Irontodge.9524

I just feel the ability to be able to duel a player anywhere is a must… I dont want to have to go to a private server every time i want to fight a friend

in Suggestions

Posted by: Macpherson.3097

Macpherson.3097

I just feel the ability to be able to duel a player anywhere is a must… I dont want to have to go to a private server every time i want to fight a friend

in Suggestions

Posted by: tyler.2569

tyler.2569

I don’t know what this “great community” you refer to actually is. In other games, duelling usually brought with it constant duel request spam during events/farming sessions, derogatory whispers/tells and even more derogatory PMs.

In one such game (RoM) before they implemented an auto-reject feature, my ignore list had grown so big I had actually hit the limit (1000) because of all the morons who kept spamming me duel requests.

Yeah, “great” community.

It seems like you’re not a fan of dueling, and hey – it’s not for everyone. There’s many aspects of games that I don’t enjoy, and even sometimes dislike. But, as you’ve said: “[you] don’t know what this ‘great community’ [I] refer to actually is.” Believe it or not, there are healthy, respectful, and very fun communities that develop around dueling. If you haven’t experienced such a community, I see how your own experiences could then influence you to think that the type of community I am referring to is of the nature you’ve referenced from your own experiences.

Communities develop around similar interest; and within those communities develop friendships; and with friendship comes a feeling of person connection – this connection can keep one playing a game for months to years, which has at times has been the case in my own experiences.

However, not all communities that develop are positive, and sadly sometimes a healthy and respectful community may be hard to find; but they are there. Though some of us have come across a CoF group that might not fit our interest, as many of us know not all CoF groups are the same – and the same principle is found with dueling communities.

I think offering the potential for this type of community to develop for those of us who like it, without having to resort to entering the mist, would be beneficial for Arena Net, helping them to maintain even more of a steady and committed player base. I have no doubt that Arena Net could implement such a change without compromising the gameplay of those who have absolutely no interest in dueling. A simple option to ignore all duel request, or rather, allow players to flag themselves as being willing to duel and being able to see those who are interested in dueling as flagged too, would solve all the problems you mentioned, which seems to be the general problem most forum posters bring up.

A simple change to game, such as being able to flag my self as being willing to receive dueling request (maybe putting a little red axe by my name) and it being visible only to those to who have flagged themselves also as being willing to receive request, which I would know by seeing that little red axe by their name, would bring so much joy to me.

And look, if that were the case, someone like you wouldn’t even have to burden themselves by opening up options and turning off ‘receive dueling request’; no, the onus would be mine: for I would have to open options and make the effort to turn ‘receive dueling request’ on . . . and a splendid experience that could be!