Showing Posts For steffen.4317:
Hey, SAB world 2-3 in the early path. the first checkpoint (with the blue platforms) wasnt able to get 2 years before. was the nerve intended? i know the part around the checkpoint was the hardest part of the complete tribulation mode.
Perfect, that means there is time to clear Spirit Vale on Monday
Will we have any trailer for Salvation Pass before it launches?
Thats something i hope to see too.
Ps: whats with the announcment webside LS season 2 used? will this be a thing again sometime soon?
they said, they are working on something. but i highly doubt it will be a 10 player lfr tool. and why would u taxi them to vb.
This is the reason you should ignore silly prerequisites like The Eternal, AP, and Legendary Insight counts and just grab people who have the right build/gear and go from there. After a single run it is painfully obvious who doesn’t know what’s going on, and you can easily remove them from the group then.
If it would be that easy if u start removing people of the squad, there will follow more, because they
a. they dont want to wait for a replacement
b. they missunderstand ur kick
c. they project the fail of a few persons on the whole group
+ u have to be the “kitten” kicking people ( i always hate it to tell someone hes to bad…)
honestly, i rarely see a squad kicking 1 person and 9 others remain.
U cant place any lfg’s while being in a squad. so u obviously have to quit out of the squad, search for more people and let the people in your old squad reinvite u.
1. if u try that on pugs, u will probably lose the 4 people u just gathered, cause they dont know whats going on/ dont want to wait. So better start a squad with a friend. so u can search for more people and ur friend can invite u.
2. when u got some people on lfg and ur firend invites u, let the other accept the invitation but u dont. so u can continue searching people.
3. if u got no friends for raiding get the 4 people, u just gathered, on teamspeak. history shows: people on teamspeak dont leave u, if u explain what u are doing
thats the reason, why u should ask boss/class specific questions.
for example: u found a rev, tell him he is in the chrono group and ask him what he has to do.
only cause someone has x- insights doesnt mean he is a good player (same to ap)
thats correct, i hide the timer into mechanics. depending on the mechanics (example on sabetha) u can stratch the timer by mastering them. in my opinion its a better/smoother way to implement enrage timers. in case of gorseval (the mechanic timer exists) u will allways have the presure, IF u deal the dmg my group is doing and use all 4 Updrafts. after the last updraft the remaining timer on the event can be diffrent (10-50 sec), but gors will not wait with his last “world eater”. U see, in our case, the eventtimer is completly useless and unnecessary.
and maybe gorseval isnt using “world eater” all the time, cause he got cooldown. Same reason, why elementalist dont us Meteorshower all the time (and THATS a lazy excuse )
whats ur point? who cares about if the enrage timer is soft or hard? and sure they do kill u without a reason. its like going to gym and u can only lift 30 kg, but after 8 mins u can lift 90 kg. its nonsense without a reason. why should the bosses hold back the whole time.
The ideas of Coulter.2315 is something i could life with (if this background would be in game). i wouldnt be 100% happy, cause its still (in my opinion) bad implemented. its just so much potential wasted by adding these timers
(edited by steffen.4317)
Timers are a double edged sword.
We need them to improve, because there’s no proper tools in game to help see where you are failing. We need them to keep the fights from being too drawn out.
However, we also need slightly better mechanics to prevent the facetank it till it dies, and the DPS it till its dead approach. Additionally having a more natural enrage, platform dying etc is always cool.
Basically unless we have the right tools in place, raids will always be primitive in design.
i dont get it. lets assume gors + sab dont have a timer:
1. if u need to use 2 updrafts on the first phase of gorseval, there is no tool/timer needed to tell u, ur going to fail. even my 4 years old sister knows: 4/3 < 2
2. sabethas plattform got a healthbar on the event window. if u see sabetha is on 70% and the plattform is on 60%, there is again no need for any kind of timer/tool.
i agree 100% with the OP, timers are a lazy way, BUT i would never want to lose the vg timer. vg is a well designd boss (my opinion), without any kind of skill, that could create an own timer.
As many pointed out correctly, gorseval and sabetha ALREADY GOT non visual enrage timers. even with out the given 7 and 9 minutes u couldnt cheese them. sure there need to be some aprovements:
- spirts (between the phases) sould be immun to imobilize, so u cant stall them forever
- Plattform “lifebar” need to be rescaled and be designd on: minimum canon shots + 0 heavy bombs = ~10 min
sidefact: u cant place people forever on the canon plattforms, cause they get a sniper debuff. even nomad guards will get killed with a high debuff. + the canons always shots, cause they are invul for the first shots.
In my opinion Gorseval and sabetha are the best examples for a lazy way to implement enragetimers. And be honest people, u all hate the fact, bosses kill u without a reason only cause the time runs out. enrage reminds me on a dev statement pre gw2 release: “u encounter a boss and he will always do his best to kill u”. isnt that against “X mins are over guys, played enough, i got something on stove.”
(edited by steffen.4317)
i am looking for a raidguild/-group with set raiding times and teams.
- 21 years old
- got plenty of time
- playing gw2 since first beta
- killed vg and gorseval till now
- i am from germany
- main tempest, but got some other classes readdy too
What i am searching for:
- a raidguild/-group that takes raids seriously (bufffood + ts + equipment …)
- set times
if u are interested in me, feel free to cantact me ingame: steffen.4317
u cant even pull them it seems, but they are still attacking
Arenanet told us they implemented the magnetide shards to prevent the unlucky people from getting nothing and have something they can work for. So i dont complain about the number of magnetide shards u need to buy something. But why adding a bonus gold cost?! buying an asc armor set is 47,5g + weeks of raiding (cause u can only get 105 [so i was told] per week). No offense, but you only get 4g each boss and still need to pay for the bufffood (~1g per 30 min). in my opinion the gold-prices are to high.
i am a very unlucky player and dont pray to rngesus so i have to pay tons of gold? i wouldnt call that fair….
we talk about a skillbased action combat system. i would say, everyone should suffer the same. So i dont understand why u need anything like aa on an epic boss. it just changes the experiance of just 1 player (most of the time in a negative way). how could u change it? very easy. for example replace the aa on the valeguard with a cleave infront of him (red aoe cone) and let him run/face the next enemy in a small distance. lets say radius 180 he will randomly face one of the targets in range. if noone is inside the radius he walks to the closest enemy. negates the “i HAVE to tank the hits”-mentality and would be something more skillreliable in my opinoin.
YES, i am sure they wont change it. its only an example. U can design bosses in future without any aa (still dont know about boss 2 and 3 cause i didnt got there now. so maybe there are alreaddy bosses without aa)
we couldnt start guild challange “scratch sentry defense” inside the instance. the npc had no activate dialog.
Ps: we was 6 players
u can PUG everything. even if only 0,1% of people are able to clear the raids, pugs can always beat them. sure, it will be very rare, but its not impossible. even pug groups can coordinate with ts. i had soooo many raidgroups on wow. many formed by pugs. sure they are not the best groups most of the time, but u can get lucky and hit a very skilled group. (i dont mean 9 guildmates and 1 random)
guess today we will see, if u NEED this. maybe they turned on the enrage timer, maybe they raised the timer, maybe they lowerd it. maybe the speedshrooms will make a heavy difference to the dmg u deal+ the time u need to place 4 players ases into the blue aoe. maybe maybe.
cool, i wasnt able to place the vine walls up in air… guess u need the decoration vendor for that… anticipation!! wuhu
I created a jumping puzzle on my guilds guildhall and wanted to show it off. Did u made some cool jumping puzzles in your guildhall? show it off!
Ps: i need more punpkins, why did they got disabled!?
Pss: would love the reward my guild mates for completing the jp’s i made. hopt this will be a thing for the furture
I would want to watch the last Guild Chat episode on twitch, but it isnt uploaded yet. why does the upload of the episode take so much time, while the preshow is online on the same day?
thats not what i see. i see tions of lfgs with “spider farm” + 20+ player (1 is of cause taged up). on nearly every map i have joined today. seems to be the “more casual” spiderfarm for everyone.
hey, just want to tell u all: itzel camp fighting spiders is the best way to grind exp in hot. want to make ur masteries in a short and boring grindy fast methode? come there and kick some spiders.
edit: ruin the next few days for everyone, that want to reach t4 on vb. it will be fun, i swear
(edited by steffen.4317)
Are you new here?
still no sign of any developer. i feel like a unwanted, neglected child. NO HOPE? (…i assume not, but u can craft it in a few weeks…)
it feels like they put more work in halloween than to fractals
I guess i am not the only one building jumping puzzles inside the guild hall. #flyingpumpkin #selfmadeSAB
so here is my suggestion:
- implement a Npc similar to the Guild Treasurer, where u can put items inside a storage, without allowing people to take stuff back.
- implement a jumping puzzle chest as a decoration, which rewards you with a random Item from the storage of the new Npc.
So u can do a jumping puzzle competition with actual reward in ur guild hall. i would really enjoy this and hope to see this or something similar in future patches
edit: our guild hall isnt high level yet (lvl 11 or so). Please forgive me if this is part of a future upgrade.
Hey, i just did guidl treck for my guild to get some flavor. now i wanted to upgrade our guild mine. but i cant enter the mine.
screenshot for evidence:
we did guild treck with 2 people. both (me and my guildmate) cant enter the guild mine. everyone else in the guild can enter it.
i have to say, i am can only aggre with everyone here. plus:
- u have to do diffrent fractal levels now to complete the daily. why do i have to return to LA for every level switch. Its so anoying. particularly on low levels the time for the fractal is sometimes shorter than everyone gets out of fotm and load LA + port back in for another level.
- is there a chance of getting anything usefull (asc. boxes, frac skins etc) out of the chests? i dont care for the recipes. i have tons of karma and if i need a recipe i buy it. + i always role leather or heavy recipes while only using ele + necro. RNGesus all the way -.-
- i am not a meta player. i am not using any high dmg gear if its not necessary, cause i always (before HoT) wanted to have a fight, where the boss can fight u back. not like all this 10 sek fights on punch bags. but holy moly. everything takes so long. first u anounce enrage timers on raidbosses (=|= skillbased encounters, which would mean u master the mechanics and should be able to win the fight, but thats another topic), now u bring up the live and thoughness to new highs… i can understand raising hp but really, fighting an enemy for minutes without getting his hp really dropping is just frustrating. + i can facetank everything, with ele on cele gear.. not challanging, not skillbased, not fun.
- last point: why do you deleted the champ bag of “old tom”? was he to old for loot?
some examples of bad mistlock instability:
lvl 61+ random conditions:
- Underground facility: dredge rng fear u and u walk of the plattform -.
- Thouma: was alreaddy said. rng fear/immob = u fall and die. cause of the length of the fight and to much bad luck we could only do it with someone staying back and keep the boss from resetting after wipe.
- underwater: jelly hit u, u get immo = jellys completly overrun u like a truck
- harpies: random rng fear = dead
no offense, i really enjoyd the explosions on level 59 cause they where predictable and u had make a plan for it. but the rng conditions is just hillarious bull.
edit: just reached 71 and was happy rng condis are done. but hey another 10 levels of this uncreative ****. please tell me 80+, 90+ are even enjoyable.
edit 2: just thought of the reddit data mining post from 1 year+ back in time. things like airborn, tag and double tag team or die as one sounded really good and hard. to bad they didnt made it in the game.
[now we only got 7 diffrent instabilitys changing ever 10 level. before we got 19 diffrent (agony instability twice). before HoT u had to do 50x 4 fractals for max level. now u only need 100. doesnt really sound like expanded.]
(edited by steffen.4317)
Please Anet make it real! Every jump i do opens my Glider, cause i press spacebar to long -.-
please let me use for example “.” for gliding but still “spacebar” for jumping.
If anybody else feels like this is a good idea, leave a comment. Together we are strong
(edited by steffen.4317)
oh ok, i am not so into twitter good to know, but sad
Needs a fast fix
Massive exploit using by people on citadel of flame path 1. people spawn endless enemys on the preevent before endboss (the part with 4 totems + doorconsol). every enemy rewards with ~2k exp. U can complete all central tyria masterie lines within a few hours i was told.
Please fix the mobs so they dont give any exp anymore.
Need a fast fix
Ps: a guild member told me he was doing coe p1 and his group refused to finish the event and end the dungeon.
u wouldnt be able to solo the boss with raised enrage timers. i dont even think u would be able with 5.
+ even def stats get oneshotted by for example the lightning attack.
and once and forever!! i am not completly against enrage timers. but i am against designing enrage timers on 100% dmg. u shouldnt be doomed to lose a bossfight if ur party COMPLETLY understand the mechanics and dont fail on them, only cause u did 1-40% to less dmg. alowing people to have 1 def secundary def stat, isnt gonna make them invul! wrong hits still hurt a lot.
for everyone who say: “raising the enrage time makes the boss easier” i would completely disagree with. i would even say its the contrary. so let me explain why i think so:
- the only “real” dmg source that would work for 100%dmg group = harder would be the dot. the lightning field doesnt effect the sustain, cause onehit is onehit, no matter what gear.
- lets assume u have a good group and u get the lightning field covored by 4+ people at a 99% rate. this would make the bossfight for 100% dmg group easier, cause they are faster. so the number of lightning fields will be smaller. lets assume a 100% dmg group gets 5 fields and a 60% dmg group is getting 10 (just an example). what does that mean:
99%^5 = 95,1% => 4,9% chance of failing by a lightning field and causing a wipe
99%^10=90,44% => 9,56% chance of failing
Thats why i love math. even with a chance o 99,9% coverage of the lightning fields u will still have a harder fight when u have to fight longer. and yes, a larger number of fields is an indicator to a harder fight (more chances of failure)
- with a 60% dmg group u need longer for the sec phase. that means, and we had this problem not only 1 time, there is a bigger posibilty that one of the colourd guys walk to another and stack the dmg up higher. (maybe on good groups u will kite 2 of them together anyway in the future, but for now lets assume it makes the fight harder)
- phase 3 is very much about movement. maybe u can argue that a small fail causes more problems on 100% dmg groups as it would on 60% groups. i would totaly agree with that. But again time will bite u. longer fights always mean higher chances of someone to fail.
And for everyone argueing with normad gear groups. i am NOT against an enrage timer. letting people fight 3 hours with tank gear isnt really a good thing. But makiing a very close enrage timer, like it was if u need full dps groups, is not good too. it just reducs the variety of builds and make the encounters more dps-race than mechanic-challanging at all.
my solution would be:
design the enrage time for a 50-70% dmg group. this would cover most builds with 2offensive + 1 defensiv stats and alows a way bigger variety of builds. for example:
100%dmg group —- /1,5 —-> 66,7% dmg group
480 sec —-- x1,5———> 720 sek => 12 min
having a more “open for all” timer would:
- let this encounter seem like a real skillchallange and not like a dmg-race
- allow more variety on builds
- not even effect 100% dmg groups. and of cause if there are good guides in the future, it will be meta to walk full dps (as always). But with a more friendly timer u would not exclude player like me, who dont like to go full dps and enjoy longer battles with challanging enemys. (doesnt mean this playerbase is less skilled and deserve to fail cause of the dmg. that would be just unfair)
i hope this feedback is reaching even someone. cause as it is now, it dont keep the promises for huge metachanges. it doesnt even keep the promise of colin saying: if u are 10 druids with cleric gear u can fight the boss 3 hours non stop IF U ARE GOOD ENOUGH.
(edited by steffen.4317)
also the enrager timer isnt tight at all. a 7 min or 6:30 min enrage timer would be even better because 8 minutes is more time than a good group will ever need.
sometimes i want the things u smoke. better completle delete the stupid statcombis out of the game and only let zerk and maybe sinister be inside, right? and always argue with 10 normad guards XD. if u want dmg races go to brain afk wow or other games with such an afk fighting system. write ur makro and be happy.
everytime the same: " we need hard enrage timers to prevent normad guards." thats totally wrong!! u dont need hard enrage timers to prevent normads. medium enrage timers (maybe for groups with 75% dmg gear) is more than enaugh to prevent that.
i dont want to be forced playing a 100% dmg build. i want to use builds i have more fun with. doesnt mean i am a worse player.
next u say is: they should bash the timer even harder so u have to build the perfect team combination! just hey go completly opposite the things the devs said. just logic XD
heres my feedback:
my whole group was very happy with the amount of coordination thats needed for the boss, and the dmg the boss deals. And no we didnt killed the vale guard, and that makes us cheer even more. On most times we got rekt by the mechanics.
I still dont get why we have to fight against an enrage timer. why is an enrage mode even needed in a skillbased combat system. We managed to get into sec phase with 3 min time left. we got to third phase with 1 min left. on 0 we got rekt, not even getting to 50% boss hp. U always said in streams, that u want it hard, u want to break zerk meta. so why do i have to play zerk or sinister to maybe beat the enrage timer.
Such a “hard” enrage timer isnt even needed. If u want to protect raids getting tanked away by normad gear, go for 20min + timers, but dont doom people with 90% or less dmg effective builds.
So: Do u want skillbased Encounters or Dmg-race Encounters?
EDIT: When i think back, wasnt there a statement before release that said: “bosses will always try to kill u with all forces and not start dealing tons of dmg after several minutes.” ?
(edited by steffen.4317)
european primetime begins, hope if they try the system again today (for 10 mins or so) it will be not midnight in europe. i wanna test it so badly
i see it coming: from wednesday to friday u can drop a portal of maguma raids in fractals, with a chance lower than the fractal tonic, to test raids…
ok joke aside: please make a raidtest open for everyone that preorderd HoT! not just a handful selected players.
Ps: that really ruined my weekend. all the week i was so excited that i just cant hide it…. and i hate everyone that was able to get into the raid and test it with more or less issues.
kitten happend, problems can happen, no offense. but i am still mad about it, even if its noones fault.
does anet work on saturday? or will it be disabled till beta ends? and if so, is another beta planed where u can test raids? i mean they want/need feedback or not?
Stop saying “they go heal/dd/tank trinity cause they created a healer class (druid)”
heal is and was always a supportiv aspect of the game. sure sharing boons is in the current meta more common, but healing is part of support. Now, in raids, player, who want to support thier team, can go for heals too. dont mean they deal 0 dmg and die with 1 hit. that would be the classic healer of any other mmo.
+ duid is not the only healing class. yes it is the only new spec, but dont forget heal ele and heal guard. both have a huge healingskills. so u wont see lfg’s with duid only. (and if u need a pug group for raids, u are hopefully doomed anyway :P “u will get ur head smashed in”)
on “guild chat legendary journy” they showed a recipe for the precursor of the hammer. there was an pvp reward item. u could read in the discribtion: gained by pvp reward tracks and pvp daily.
new pvp daily rewards? does someone know more?
whhhhaaaaaaat?! sab thread is on place 3. ok time for me to make a historical comment:
ty for hearing me out
actually glint will never get a mini. u dont even saw her once in the history of gw2.
data mining found a new creature of the sab:
+ the sab mini pets in the black lion chests.
its either a hint for the next update or a provocation for every sab-lover.
hopefully there is a easter patch with the sab, i miss it
SAAAAAAABBBBBBB!!!! gime gime gime!!!
if it now (the time between lw and addon) isnt coming back, it will never. now is the best and the only good time for it. after addon it will need month to get back on “normal”-patch programm
(edited by steffen.4317)
hope this germanwings april fool isnt everything. would be weak, very very weak
juhu me too
dont know if the gaiant vine is a try to fix it, but it was very helpful instead of having a engi, u can now use any class + teleportation gun. so u are able to get out of the map with every class very easy.
when u jump off the map and got urself into the area u can swim, u can get at any point u want, just by swimming under it and relog. after relog u will be placed on the higest spot over ur head u can possibly stay. thats a way to get at all points in the video i posted.
+ i found this one: does anyone speak snakelanguage?
I guess some of u will know this video:
does someone know how to get there. i was searching for a way up on the mountain but it was literally a dead end. i found a way up the mountain between red and yellow forttress but thats it. everytime i try to jump on the other side the path is blocked by an invisible wall. guess my way was wrong.
can someone explain how to get there?
i thought double edged sword will be more like: if u use ur skills u can hurt ur teammates too
+1 (me), +4 (main dungeon party) and +18 (guild)
i would buy such a livestream for 500 gems
lfg-Tool problems and suggestions:
- some groups i seams to be already full, so i try joining them and nothing happens, but i get a “group join bann” for a few sec.
- i had a few groups who kicked me out of party after a few sec. without saying anything.
so i get a “group join bann” too…. please delete this bann. i mean: it was not even my fault. they search “lf2m” i join, get kicked and punished. really unfair.
- if the lfg tool releases, write a message to all players please (mailing system) to let them see the lfg-tool. cause people who doesnt know about any of this wont find it.
my english is not the best, hope u understand what i wanted to say