I don’t think is supposed to happen lol
Any updates on this?
Could it be possible to develop an API that would expose merchant/merchant inventory data?
E.g. show the daily contents of:
- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Karmic_Converter (Yes, I know this pattern has been solved by the community)
Raid Staffing Agency [RSA] is a newly formed raids LFG/pug raiders guild.
The guild is a database of competent raiders who are willing to fill organized raids so that organizers do not have to play Russian roulette with the raids LFG system.
For example: A well established raiding guild is forming a Wing 2 clear. Rather than post an ad in the raids LFG, they will check who is online in [RSA] first. This way they get to invite someone they know has already been screened and has raiding experience.
To join the guild you must:
1. Have a minimum of 250 legendary insights.
2. Have at least 2 characters (1 DPS, 1 utility) in full ascended gear.*
3. Be able to prove you’ve killed every boss.**
4. Be able to use (listen to) voice comms (both TeamSpeak 3 and Discord).
We will check and verify that you meet all these requirements before you are invited to the guild. To start this process, send a whisper to “Powers” or “Eris” in game.
? Keep guild chat free of spam/discussion not related to raids.
The entire purpose of this guild is to replace the LFG as a first choice for filling raids. People should be able to leave guild chat on without fear of being spammed. This guild should not serve as your replacement for the social community of an actual guild. As such you may not advertise/offer raid selling/buying or recruit for other guilds in guild chat.
\* Accepted “DPS” classes are: Condi Ranger, Tempest, Condi Engi, Condi Mesmer, Condi Reaper, DH, DD
\* Accepted “Utility” classes are: Druid (Magis or Condi), Condi PS, Chrono.
\** You may prove you’ve killed all bosses with any combination of the generally accepted methods, such as but not limited to: showing minis, showing weapons, showing titles, etc.
120-150g is excessive. I would be happy to unlock the mastery for you for 50g; Whisper “Powers” or “Eris” in game (NA).
Why can’t you do that with current legendaries? Just craft them and transmute to a skin you like better……
I think the point was that the current cost of a legendary is, in part, derived from its unique, and elaborate, skin…so a naked legendary, lacking said skin, would/should cost less than a full legendary.
Succinctly answered ^
It’s been a year; If I recall correctly, Linsey Murdock had mentioned their development in the past. Can we get an update as to their development status? I’d really like to get my hands on one of these, especially with legendary armor coming out soon (one can dream).
For anyone who doesn’t understand the above link, the concept was basically craftable legendary weapons that didn’t have a prestigious skin associated with them, so you could transmute these to whatever you want, and you’d really only be crafting them for the stat-swapping functionality.
Agreed. Would like it to be at least the length of the guild message of the day text box.
This is a bump.
Opens available this week again.
Starting tomorrow (December 19, 2016), [VIP] will be trialing a raid instance opening service. Depending on how successful the venture proves to be, we may continue every following week.
HOW IT WORKS:
If at any time during the week you need to open a raid instance to a specific boss, send a whisper in game to either:
- Eris I I
- Eris I I I
- Eris I V
- Eris Five
The idea is, rather than wait in the LFG for an hour looking to buy an instance opener, just whisper whoever of our staff is online and your instance will be opened within 5 minutes.
- Monday to Saturday — 10:00am*** to 1:00am EST
- Sunday — 10:00am to 2:30am (raids reset) EST
***Raids reset every Monday and as such time is needed to actually do them and to get boss opens. We are able to open every boss by 10:00am EST on Monday.
Pricing is a flat rate (5g) regardless of instance requested, to be paid before the instance is opened. Neither pricing nor payment method are not negotiable.
Note to moderators: This thread is a repost. The first was deleted by one of you, however Gaile Gray has given me permission to repost.
(edited by Power.2957)
Think I’m gonna block you too for authoring this moronic thread.
Add 1 more raid group to the list of groups you’ll never be allowed in.
Due to the large volume of applicants we are no longer following up with applications on the same day. We are instead reviewing them in bulk, once a week.
If you don’t hear back from us and a week hasn’t passed, chances are we haven’t reviewed the newest applications yet.
Looking to join a community like this, hope this lives up to par.
It doesn’t appear you’ve configured sharing properly. We can’t see anything.
You sound exactly like what we’re looking for: http://gw2vip.com/
New way apply added. Applications can now be sent to email@example.com .
Application method given more options.
Requirement to know how to tank Xera has been removed.
We really liked your characters (though your tempest isn’t shared on gw2efficiency, so please fix that). I’ll whisper you in game when I see you online.
As it stands right now our raid times are:
- Monday, 2:30 am EST (UTC/GMT-5) [Raid reset]
- Monday, 7:00/8:00 pm EST (UTC/GMT-5) [Daily reset/1hr after daily reset, varies]
- Tuesday, 8:00 pm EST (UTC/GMT-5) [1hr after daily reset]
We additionally have a lot of unscheduled raids scattered throughout the week, because people get bored and/or want to do raids on alt accounts.
I’ve updated the main recruitment thread to reflect these times as well.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (to apply):
- TeamSpeak 3 (mic preferred, but optional).
- You must have killed all raid bosses.
- You must have the following classes:
- Druid (magis)
- Chronomancer (100% boon duration) ***Tanking is a bonus and optional, we’re just looking for quickness bots.
- DPS (Condi):
- DPS (Power) (have at least 1 of the following):
- The following classes are optional but will only help your application:
- PS (condi, not power)
- Druid (condi)
- DPS (Condi):
- The above class requirements must also meet these individual requirements:
- Must be in full ascended gear (that means weapons, armor, and trinkets).
- Gear must be equipped with the relevant meta sigils and runes (infusions are optional but will impress us).
- Each character must have its own set of gear. Swapping gear between characters will not be allowed.
- You must be able to play the class effectively and willing to reroll when asked.
- We use max food in guild raids with no exceptions, and you must have max food available for use on each class. When we say “max food”, for example, think Toxic Sharpening Stones instead of Superior Sharpening Stones .
The above are quite literally the minimum that we will accept from applicants. If you apply and are far off from these requirements, your application will most likely be declined. We encourage anyone whose application is declined to gear your characters appropriately and/or attain more experience, then reapply.
Our minimum requirements are much steeper than most other guilds and will remain as such, as [VIP] believes in quality, not quantity.
APPLICATION AND TRIAL PROCESS:
To apply, either reply to this thread with your intent of doing so and we will contact you in game, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , or whisper any of the following people in game:
Before we invite you to the guild, we will expect and perform the following checks (in order):
- We will ask for a full-permissions API key to verify that you meet our minimum requirements.
***Alternatively, we will accept a gw2efficiency.com link with shared characters. Be sure to put your legendary insights in one the characters’ inventories.
- If you meet our minimum requirements, you will be invited to join our TeamSpeak server and a quiz will be administered on raid mechanics. (The quiz is simple, but absolutely necessary. It very easily weeds out people who don’t know raid mechanics. If you’re as knowledgeable as you think you are about raid mechanics, the quiz should be quick and effortless.)
- If you pass the quiz with at least 90% accuracy you will be taken to the Special Forces Training Area and expected to show us your best DPS on condi ranger and one of your power DPS classes. We’ll also test your class knowledge by discussing these classes’ optimal DPS rotations.
- If you pass the DPS checks, we will invite you to the guild.
UPDATE: Due to the large volume of applicants we are no longer following up with applications on the same day. We are instead reviewing them in bulk, once a month.
If you wish to find people as competent as you to play with, [VIP] may be the guild for you.
We look forward to meeting any prospective applicants
If anyone has any questions or concerns feel free to reply to this thread with them.
(edited by Power.2957)
What we offer as a guild:
- Tight-knit community of extremely knowledgeable, competent and friendly guild members.
- Scheduled guild raids throughout the week:
- Monday, 3:30 am EST (UTC/GMT-5) [Raid reset]
- Monday, 7:00/8:00 pm EST (UTC/GMT-5) [Daily reset =/+ 1hr, varies]
- Thursday, 8:00 pm EST (UTC/GMT-5) [Daily reset + 1hr]
***Additional unscheduled raids scattered throughout the week.
- TeamSpeak server where all guild members have permissions to move any guests who join so that anyone has the power to organize a run; with additional (and unique) raid bot software so that mute/micless guild members can effectively make calls and command a squad.
- Max level (which means all associated benefits, buffs, gathering nodes, arena, etc) and beautifully no-expense-spared decorated guild hall. (See the proof , and more proof .)
- Many members with maxed home instances that are happy to share if gathering is part of your daily routine.
- Daily and automated PvP server so you can quickly finish your dailies.
- As a guild that carries out a large amount of experiments and research, we have a lot of “trade secrets” related to raids and other areas of the game. Think it can’t be done? We’re happily up to the challenge.
- We do not enforce a 100% rep policy. We find such policies archaic and pointless, especially since multi-guild chat is now a thing.
- We do not enforce a login or attendance policy. The game gets boring, and people take breaks. We understand and that’s perfectly fine. We do not remove people from the guild for not being online for a certain amount of days. Additionally, guild raids are for the individual player and not for the guild- meaning we won’t force you to join guild raids if you happen to be online, but you probably should join for your own personal benefit.
(edited by Power.2957)
Very Innovative Players [VIP] is looking to recruit hardcore raiders.
We’re looking for a specific subset of players- likeminded individuals who:
- Invest their own time and practice in raids because they want to be the best. As such they have an acute sense of raid mechanics and DPS rotations.
- Because of their enormous time investment, they can play many classes at an unwavering high mechanical skill level.
- Have no problem running raids again even after they’ve cleared for the week. When they’re bored, the first thing they consider doing is some sort of raid. They may even have secondary accounts they also complete raids on each week.
- Can give their complete and undivided attention to the task at hand in guild raids. Just because you’re playing a daredevil does not mean you have the right to pay less attention to what is going on than the chronomancers or druids in the group. If you are easily distracted or cannot focus enough that you miss mechanics, this is not the guild for you.
- Are interested in researching solutions for raids and strategizing new ways to accomplish things.
As such it is necessary to describe what [VIP] is not and is not looking for:
- We are mature, and we are not egomaniacs. Please note that this is the first point in this section- do not let the elitist tone of this recruitment thread fool you. We are obviously trying to recruit good players but we also want to recruit friendly, decent human beings. We do not believe the two are mutually exclusive. The goal of our guild is to complete clean, consistent, quick, and stress/drama free raids. Everyone in a raid should be able to have a laugh and engage in casual/fun conversation while flawlessly executing their jobs. We cannot emphasize this enough, and toxic personalities are quickly removed from the guild. As such, if you are any of the following, you need not apply:
- Inclined to bigoted, racist, prejudiced, misogynistic, homophobic, xenophobic, etc (but not limited to) views.
- Easily offended.
- Unable to engage in intelligent and mature conversation.
- Fail to realize that differing points of view are absolutely acceptable.
- Unable to take constructive criticism.
- Need to praised constantly.
- Unable to accept that you are a small part of a larger group effort.
- Inclined to yelling during guild raids.
- We are 100% focused on raids. People in the guild may participate in other game modes such as (and most likely) daily T4 fractals, and they are free to do so, but you should not join the guild with the intent of completing non-raid content. We are a raid guild and you won’t have much value to us unless you can fill slots in guild raids.
- We are uninterested in teaching raid mechanics. You will be expected to have vast knowledge of each raid encounter and you should be able to respond quickly and appropriately when mechanics need to be dealt with in raids.
***We are however happy to teach team strategy as we are in some cases guaranteed to do things differently than pugs and other guilds.
- We will not teach you how to play your class. You will be expected to be effective and to fall within an acceptable range of the optimal DPS of any class you play.
- Guild raids are not training raids. If you want to try a new build, or run any sort of experiment, do it in a pug, on your own time. Wasting your guild members’ time because of your selfishness will not be tolerated.
***The exception to this is guild raids that were clearly formed with the intent of testing raids/carrying out research.
***Additionally, you may not rep [VIP] while practicing in a pug where you’re unsure of how well you will perform. We take our brand very seriously and your misactions in pug raids reflect badly on our guild.
(edited by Power.2957)
What about DR in Ascent to Madness?
I have 420 chak eggs. OP is delusional if he thinks they’re difficult to get.
Now a massive dishonor timeout. It just keeps getting better and better.
It’s like you people don’t have a kittening QA team.
Edit: I still love you though Evan, Queueing Outside of Hotm means you get a pass for life :P
Edit 2: Please additionally fix the losing pips for “desertion” even if you win issue. It happened twice last season as well, ironically also because of the ever-stable mac client. I agree people should lose pips for deserting games and teammates shouldn’t be penalized (as it stands right now), but if you reconnect and win the game you shouldn’t STILL lose pips. That makes no sense.
(edited by Power.2957)
Long story short I’m kittening livid right now.
Has nothing to do with the Coliseum, I’ve crashed twice in Legacy of the Foefire and once in Gendarran fields. I’ll screenshot the error message the next time, I’m sure it’ll crash again. Also mac client.
You might be onto something about it being related to menus though…
It’s incredibly annoying =/
Mimic has been changed like 3 or 4 times and it’s in the best shape it’s ever been. Making it elite would do nothing but hinder people who want to use mimic, from taking an actual elite skill.
This goes against the entire point of “instant” cast. If I’m in PvP and I throw an AoE down behind me and then pan my camera in front of me, this will now place AoEs in front of me. It hinders people with quick mechanics and the only way to stop it is to lose the ability to retarget channeled non-ground-targeted skills -_-
“Allow Skill Retargeting” is too useful to turn off.
I think if we go by the description in the options panel this is clearly a bug.
“When using a skill that targets enemies, changing your target will cause the skill to update with the new target.”
That description implies it has nothing to do with ground targets, and that was how it functioned before this recent patch.
I made a thread about this in the bug forums: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Instant-Cast-Allow-Skill-Retargeting-Broken
It really is super annoying
Since the last patch if you use instant cast and have “allow skill retargeting” enabled, ground targeted aoes take effect at where your mouse is when the skill completes casting. This goes against the entire point of instant casting and is very difficult to play with if you move your camera a lot.
The issue does not persist if using “fast with range indicator” targeting.
Video of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRp3w7tsTlc
The secret formula assuming all ascended gear, fully infused/attuned etc (18 slots) is:
And 2 of those +7s should go into your weapon slots so every time you add a new weapon you have to make +7s and not +9s.
(You can also just leave the +7 simple infusions in the weapons that you probably already have with this method.)
If you had 150 AR before patch, breaking down your infusions should accomplish this easily.
So you’re complaining about an optional food item because you don’t like using it?
All hail King Lesh!
Our shrine at the office.
Because he is the guy in the office who “knows stuff” and “does kitten”?
No need to be rude.
It literally said so in the patch notes…
Arcane Shield: The cooldown of this skill has been reduced from 75 seconds to 60 seconds. This change is not carried through to Final Shielding.