Another quality of life list, but a bit more straight-forward than previous entries with a fair amount of low-hanging fruit. Combined changes of most of these would have a noticeable impact for Ranger/Druid.
- Sword aftercasts reduced on the auto-attack chain.
- Crippling Thrust (Sword 1b) to cleave up to 3 targets.
- Hornet’s Sting (Sword 2a) to have a reduced cast-time.
- Monarch’s Leap (Sword 2b) to have an extended duration to perform after Hornet’s Sting. Currently, the duration is 2s. Extend the duration to preferably 3s.
- Path of Scars (Axe 4) radius increase as 90 is a bit small. 120 radius would be nice, as well as a tooltip including the attack radius.
- Whirling Defense (Axe 5) uniformed radii for attack and reflect, preferably at 180. To keep a rant short, Ranger is the only profession to have double radii on their skill effects.
- Solar Beam (Staff 1) to not require a target in order to cast. AF gates are in place.
- Sublime Conversion (Staff 5) cast-time (½s) to be listed on the tooltip.
- Stalker’s Strike (Dagger 4) still missing the extra range from Off-Hand Training during the specialization trait rework and merge.
- Ricochet (Axe 1) to have its extra bounce restored.
- “Guard!” to work underwater.
- “Sic ’Em!” to not require a target and provide a boon as per the shout rework. If a target selected, they are revealed. If no target is selected, the closest target in range is revealed. Like how Warrior’s “On My Mark!” functions but with vulnerability.
- Glyphs to work underwater.
- Glyph of Unity uniformed radii at 600 and remove or list the hidden 1-second ICD on the inverse version.
- Spirit cooldowns to not reset twice when using their active/sacrifice. Cooldown currently resets on press and once again after the active has concluded.
- Viper’s Nest number of targets increased from 3 to 5 to match our other Traps.
- Lots of core Pets still require attention. Reduced cooldowns on skills and F2 commands,
increased attack ranges,(implemented) reduced cast-times and after-casts, etc.
- Porcine Forage (F2) to have the foraged item flip the F2 icon for use rather than appearing on the ground. Not low-hanging fruit, but Porcines need more love.
- Pets to use Player Precision formula. Link in signature for those who are curious. Average 1524 Precision Pets have a critical hit chance around 10%. This essentially forces us to either take Beastmastery or Nature Magic for Fortifying Bond (Fury) in order for most Pets, besides Birds and Felines, to have a decent critical hit chance.
- Attack My Target (F1) command altered to function as Skill Re-Targeting so Pet skills are no longer interrupted mid-cast when selecting a new target.
- All Pets are unlocked in WvW so players can immediately get into it like PvP mode without the hassle of charming Pets in PvE maps.
- Keybind for Activate/Stow Pet function.
- Trapper’s Expertise to provide a bonus for Healing Spring. Preferably Vigor for allies on the initial trigger like how it used to function before with Vigorous Renewal.
- Most Dangerous Game is still a niche and buffed, rejected Necromancer trait.
- Light on Your Feet bonus to apply while moving as it was revealed during the specialization preview. Replace the 10% condition duration with condition damage to make it more competitive with Quick Draw and useful with Short Bow.
- Predator’s Instinct is still under-powered and under-utilized.
- Wilderness Knowledge to apply its effects upon activation for Survival utilities such as Lightning Reflexes.
- Two-Handed Training to apply Fury when the Player dazes, stuns, knocks down, or knocks back an enemy with a weapon skill. This will make it work with Ranger’s core two-handed weapons while making the Fury gain more active and less RNG.
- Clarion Bond to have a unique version of Call of the Wild with a lowered ICD from 30s to 20s and reduced Might, Fury, and Swiftness duration from 15s to 10s. This makes it more friendly with the default Pet-Swap cooldown and evens out the boon durations on Pet-Swap support traits that grant nearby allies boons (Vigorous Training & Windborne Notes).
Will update once Path of Fire releases.
(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)