Dev Tracker

Can you please fix this quick? I've served my time.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

What she meant was that the term is not ban unless it is permanent, if you get a 3 day or 2 week it is called a suspension. She mentioned in another thread that the way it works is if you get reported for 2 separate incidents around the same time, they will stack and your 1 mark will stack to 2 marks which gets you a 2 week ban before you even saw the first 3 day ban.

Thank you, Halmo, you just saved me a bunch of typing.

If you had two incidents, your suspension will be extended to two weeks. If you had only one incident, and you’re certain of that, the team will check into this for you, just detail this in your ticket and please include a screenshot of the in-game suspension message that you’re receiving, so we can nail this down.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Account Restored...thank you

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Can users please post here if their ticket was resolved and what the issue was… we could use some encouragement. Any resolved tickets. This might actually give us an idea of what types of issues are being addressed and hopefully lessen the anxiety a bit for the rest of us…

Great idea, Alexixiv. There are SO many people getting helped, I think it’s good to see that. Thanks for posting.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Trading post/gem store fixed?

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Yep, as you can see, we’re making a lot of strides with the BLTC and the Gem Store.

Thanks to all of you for your patience.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Compensation?

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

You know, I just shudder at the word “compensation.” Not as a dev, but as a gamer. For as a gamer for nearly 2 decades, I never ask for it, never expect it, never get it.

And yet every time there’s a server burp, or even an Internet outage over which we have no control, someone says “Give me stuff to ‘compensate me’ for this.” And I just think if that happened (except in really unusual circumstances), then it would be “Well, this guy got XX for YY, and I think my case is even more deserving, so I expect something, too!” And it snowballs into a GimmeFest.

I’m not saying that is the case here and I’m not wagging my finger at the OP to say he’s naughty for asking. (I really think painkiller will know that.) And yes, there can be mitigating circumstances that can make this the reasonable thing to do on a case-by-case, one-off basis. I just think overall, “stuff happens” and it’s ok for us to accept that and move on.

P.S. Painkiller — your account is ok now, from what I can see.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Prema ban

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Since my last topic was delete, but no one anwer my question, I shall post it again, but this time post it differently. Because I think I know why last was deleted.

Only cursing I did was when I dye say teh f word.

When I did something cool, are found something cool. I called it bad butt(you know what I really called it, but don’t want this to be deleted so saying it that way)

So I know I did not get perma ban for that, maybe a 3day ban. But no way a perma ban.

I mean I was even a good little player, I sent in messages when I found a exploit.

So I must have been hack, however I need help knowing some info.

What is the number thing we suppose to send int with the support message.
Really need to know whit, someone tell me plz.

Again — if you use offensive language, in all but the most horrendous cases you will receive a 3-day suspension. Post a screenshot of the error message that shows the message saying your account is permanently closed, or terminated. If we have an error in our messaging, we’ll fix it. If you have an error in your understanding, I hope you’ll consider my comments here and rejoin us in a few days.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Guild Wars 2 ArenaNet worst account security EVER.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I have news for you: If someone gets your password on any system, there’s a pretty big likelihood you’re going to be in trouble. And that is why we say — often and very firmly — that account security begins and ends with you. We’ll help, but your security is in your hands.

Use a strong, unique, hard-to-guess password for Guild Wars only.
Do not share your account.

The title of this thread is misleading. Our database has not been hacked. People are not waltzing in and getting players’ credentials. The incursions are coming from external sources, over which we have no control.

More information is available in our recent article about security.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

*--> Crash <--* MainCli.cpp(510)

Posted by: PaulMarden.4619

Previous

PaulMarden.4619

Next

Yeah, I’ve since learned that too. = (

Maybe it’ll accept them with a .jpg extension instead? Otherwise I’ll have to ask around for an alternative method of getting these files.

Crash -> MainCli.cpp

Previous

PaulMarden.4619

Next

cant upload .dat files :s ?

Yeah, I just learned that too. = \

Can you fool it by changing the extension to .jpg or something like that?

Frequent crashing from "corrupted files"

Previous

PaulMarden.4619

Next

Thanks for the files, Spy. At the moment it’s a manual process examining them, so I’m going to put in some effort to automate this. It’ll take some time to gather information on this issue, so I thank you all for your patience! Don’t count on answers tonight. = (

Issues with 'Join In' and playing with party members

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Hey all,

If you’re having issues playing with party members or with the ‘join in’ feature, please report the issues here with as many details as possible

Examples:

• Which world you are playing on (or are in overflow from)
  • What map you are on
  • How many people in your party
  • Any other details you can provide

Thank you for your feedback!

Issues with getting in dungeon instances

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Next

Hey all,

If you’re having issues with getting into dungeon instances, please report the issues here with as many details as possible

Examples:

• Which dungeon
  • If you are joining through the pop-up dialogue or by walking up to the entry point
  • How many people in the party tried creating the instance
  • Any other details you can provide

Thank you for your feedback!

Previous

PaulMarden.4619

Next

seems that .dat and .zip files aren’t allowed as attachments

Hmm, that’s unfortunate… I’ll talk to some people about what mechanisms we have available for this sort of thing. The forum-technology is outside of my area of expertise.

Previous

PaulMarden.4619

Next

Do you think it could be a problem with some HDDs or SSDs ? Like I said before, I moved the folder from my Corsair Force GT “SSD” to my 500GB “HDD” and I have not received any error yet. But I was having problems and errors every 15 minutes when I was running the game from my SSD.

Any number of hardware-issues could cause problems like this, including HDDs and SSDs. I’m not familiar with what diagnostic utilities are available for SDDs, but you may want to check your manufacturer’s website and give it a shot. If it turns up any problems, I’d be interested in knowing.

Previous

PaulMarden.4619

Next

Seems to me the files size is mismatched inside the client. At the bttom of the document posted it states this several times.

Ah, don’t mind the phrasing in that log-message — it’s misleading. What it really should say is something more like “Decompressing failed after processing 1234 of 5678 expected bytes”. = )

CorruptArchive.log + Corrupt-*.dat contain the information required to see what went wrong.

Glitched Instance?

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Well when I got to enter the instance it disconnects me and then I can’t log into my account for a few minutes to a few hours. Then when I am finally able to get in, I can’t log into my Norn without my game crashing again.

Thanks for the report! When you initially enter the instance, you mention you get disconnected; what’s the code you receive when you DC? Also, you mentioned that when you get back in your game crashes. Does it actually crash (the crash box comes up) or do you DC again? In either case, it would help us to narrow down the problem if you could provide the code/crash report you receive.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Crash -> MainCli.cpp

Previous

PaulMarden.4619

Next

For those who are encountering this issue, here’s what would be super helpful:

Run a memory diagnostic such as MemTest86 (make sure it’s thorough; some memory-errors are fleeting and require sustained use or special conditions). If you’ve already done an extensive test of your memory, I apologize for restating this request here!

If the memory diagnostic shows errors, post here saying so! After that, I suggest contacting your manufacturer. = )

If no errors are found, then please open the “Guild Wars 2” folder inside of your Documents folder. You should see one or many files with names similar to “Corrupt-ab48d7ad.dat”. Attach some of those to a post here; if you have many, just pick a few. Also, please attach the file “CorruptArchive.log”, which will be in that same folder.

There’s a good chance that there’ll be too many responses for me to personally
examine all of the files, so I apologize in advance if I don’t personally respond to your post. = (

Sound bug, Npc Voices

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Hey Jezath, can you please clarify in what locations this was happening to you?

Thanks for the report!

Getting constantly disconnected on story quest [spoilers]

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

During my human priory quest where i save potential recruits from the krait underwater (with the boss with two sharks) i get disconnected and have to repeat the quest all the time.

Thanks for the report; can you provide the code you’re receiving when you disconnect? Also, do you disconnect at a specific point/is there something you do that causes you to DC?

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Previous

PaulMarden.4619

Next

[Copied from another thread]

Run a memory diagnostic such as MemTest86 (make sure it’s thorough; some memory-errors are fleeting and require sustained use or special conditions).

If the memory diagnostic shows errors, post here saying so! After that, I suggest contacting your manufacturer. = )

If no errors are found, then please open the “Guild Wars 2” folder inside of your Documents folder. You should see one or many files with names similar to “Corrupt-ab48d7ad.dat”. Attach some of those to a post here; if you have many, just pick a few. Also, please attach the file “CorruptArchive.log”, which will be in that same folder.

There’s a good chance that there’ll be too many responses for me to personally examine all of the files, so I apologize in advance if I don’t personally respond to your post. = (

Also, I have no reason to believe this problem would be related to graphics cards/drivers.

*--> Crash <--* MainCli.cpp(510)

Previous

PaulMarden.4619

Next

Run a memory diagnostic such as MemTest86 (make sure it’s thorough; some memory-errors are fleeting and require sustained use or special conditions).

There’s a good chance that there’ll be too many responses for me to personally examine all of the files, so I apologize in advance if I don’t personally respond to your post. = (

Crash: corrupt archive?

Previous

PaulMarden.4619

Next

Hello, Jaxxeh —

Unfortunately, the game is not able to diagnose memory-issues itself. The reason this manifests as “a file was corrupted in the archive” is because the game’s downloader uses that bad memory to process the files from the file-server before writing them to disk. This means that when the game tries to load one of those files when you’re actually playing, it’ll end up loading a corrupted file and will crash in the manner experienced here.

The repair process checks every single file in the 14+ GB archive and removes the bad ones it finds. Then it redownloads those removed files, which is another opportunity for bad memory to corrupt them all over again. = (

To be honest, even if it didn’t crash here, the bad memory could strike in many, many different ways — some subtle and others far from subtle. If you’ve got evidence of bad memory, I suggest contacting your manufacturer ASAP.

EDIT: I should note that the downloader does verify everything it receives from the file-server before writing it to disk. Alas, that process is not immune to hardware-errors like bad memory.

Character Stuck Crash

Previous

PaulMarden.4619

Next

Hello, all! Error 23 is a Windows code for “Data error (cyclic redundancy check)”, and it means that the data was corrupted on your hard-drive after it was written.

If you’re receiving this error, I suggest that you try running your manufacturer’s diagnostic utility on your hard-drive to confirm that it’s in good condition.

Personal Story "Down The Hatch" Bugged

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Cannot continue in my personal story with the quest posted above….I’m unable to participate in the drinking contest to fulfill the story

We’d appreciate any additional information you can provide regarding the steps you took to get stuck.

Some details that could help include:

• The order you did the story steps in and if you did anything else during those steps.
  • Whether you did the story in a group or solo
  • Your profession, race, and level
  • Any other pertinent details you can provide that help you reproduce this issue.

Thanks!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Launcher does complete download after crash

Previous

PaulMarden.4619

Next

Hello, Dookie!

Would you mind attaching all of the corrupt-*.dat files here? I’d like to take a closer look.

On Red Alert Quest Stalled.

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Hey everyone!

We’d appreciate any additional information you can provide regarding the steps you took to get stuck. Some details that could help include:

1. The order you did the story steps in and if you did anything else during those steps.
  2. Whether you did the story in a group or solo
  3. Your profession, race, and level
  4. Any other pertinent details you can provide that help you reproduce this issue.

Thanks!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

(edited by Jason King.2647)

Issues with the trading post: please post here [MERGED]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cliff Spradlin.3512

Previous

Cliff Spradlin.3512

Lead Programmer

Next

OK, so it sounds like the fix wasn’t perfect. So for those of you who are having issues loading the trading post in the last couple days, DaKwL offered a good suggestion. I’ll expand it a little bit.

Note, by following these instructions you will lose at least your graphics settings and have to set them up again:

1) Close the game client
2) Delete the local.dat file located in Documents\Guild Wars 2\local.dat
3) Open the game client

Hopefully this resolves your issue until we can apply a patch on the server. If you don’t feel comfortable doing this change, we’re still working on fixing it on our end.

Sorry for the trouble.

Does GW2 Support SLI?

Posted by: BillFreist

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Hello!

SLI works quite well, but we advise players to run Nvidia drivers 304.48 or later for this to run properly.

You can get these drivers here: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/beta-legacy
Also make sure to perform a ‘Clean’ installation .

-Bill

Am i missing textures or not?

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

This is by design. The puzzles indicate that this is a combo field

Crash: corrupt archive?

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Yes this is because of a hardware failure (or failing). The files that your computer are writing to the disk don’t match up with what they are supposed to be, which is why the game crashes.

Your memtest results pretty much nailed the issue, which sucks because you have bad hardware . Hope you get this resolved and back in-game!

-Bill

Compensation?

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I am sorry that this has gone on for such a long period of time. I’m glad that an agent has eyes on it now, and although you may be getting an auto-response, I feel that, based on the message you received earlier, you’ll be helped shortly.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Classes that seem the most/least finished.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: CC Dalmarus.8397

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Next

Thanks for your feedback, but this subforum is for Players Helping Players so will be closed. More forum sections appropriate for this topic will be opened in the future. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

GTX 470 runs at an average of 90c

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

SLI works great with the latest beta drivers from Nvidia, go for it.

I’d also make sure you have proper ventilation and that your GPU fans are actually kicking in. MSI Afterburner is a great utility to monitor and even set a custom fan profile.

-Bill

Will there be Game Cards available?

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Next

Thanks for your request, but this subforum is for Players Helping Players (how to do things, profession questions, etc) so will be closed. More forum sections appropriate for this topic will be opened in the future. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

Cliff Spradlin.3512

Lead Programmer

Next

Hi,

For those who were experiencing problems loading the ‘sell’ tab in the Trading Post, we think we’ve fixed the problem. Please close and re-open your game client, then try going to the sell tab.

Please report back here if it doesn’t work for you.

Note: if you weren’t able access any of the tabs in the trading post, you likely still won’t be able to.

Guildwars 2 Cartographers

in Community Creations

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

ArenaNet is not affiliated in any way with GW2Cartographers and does not manage that site.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

Cliff Spradlin.3512

Lead Programmer

Next

Hey, I’m having the same problem as some people on here, can buy anything on the TP but as soon as I try to sell it says ‘error attempting to sell’ [shown below]

Hi,

This is a slightly different problem than I’ve seen reported. Could you tell me if you’re able to send player mail currently?

I haven’t used the mail system yet, so I don’t know if this is what happens when players are offline (as the person I tried to send this to was offline), but I don’t think it sent and came up with the error message below.

EDIT: I should also mention that I have sold items on the TP before, this problem came around after the TP got put back up last night at around 12:10am GMT

Hi,

I believe we’ve now fixed your account and anyone else’s who was receiving ‘processing previous mail’. Could you check?

[code] tag doesn't work, and [pre] does not use a monospaced font.

in Forum and Website Bugs

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Next

Thanks for your feedback, but this subforum is for Forum and Website Bugs so will be closed. More forum sections appropriate for this topic will be opened in the future. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

Something I noticed about the guilds sub-forum

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Next

This is working as intended.

Is the support section down?

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Next

Hi Edge. We’ve checked to verify the support section of the website is currently up and functioning (http://en.support.guildwars2.com/). It is a different platform from the forums though, so it’s possible you may be using the wrong login information. If you have a different login used for the main Guild Wars 2 site, please try that. If you’re still unable to access support, please let us know. Thanks!

Karma rewards?

Posted by: EricHanke.1394

Previous

EricHanke.1394

Next

Karma is currently only earned from Dynamic Events (the Orange colored titles/markers on the map – not including Skill Challenge events).

I never got banned, got banned 2 weeks for bad language.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I think we’re far beyond the subject, so I’m going to gently close this thread.

One. More. Time. There is no such thing as a two-week ban. Suspension, yes, but in this case, highly unlikely unless someone had two separate incidents of substantially offensive chat.

Suffice to say, we appreciate that people have “slips of the tongue.” We understand that those playing in a competitive venue may use “trash talk” from time to time. Those things are understood, and the way the rules are enforced take that understanding on board.

But I’m sure you’ll all agree that standing in DR spewing hate speech is far and away different than someone saying “I’m going to kick your… behind” in PvP. And it’s the former — the truly offensive — upon which the team would focus.

When you read someone who claims, “I only said one wrong word and I was banned,” understand this: I can’t remember anyone ever being banned for the use of a bad word. If someone were truly banned — truly had his/her account closed — it was for repeated violations, not for a single insstance.

And when you read “But officer, I was innocent,” remember that that defense just may not be — often is not — true at all.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Please Read [How-To] Bugging Best Practices!

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Hi everyone!

To help us see and fix the issues you’re seeing in a timely manner, please keep to the following guidelines.

1. Follow the forum rules: Failing to do so can result in your post being deleted or closed.
  2. Only post bugs: this forum is not for feedback, discussions, or questions about particular gameplay aspects, and every post that is not a bug detracts from time we could be spending looking into other issues.
  3. Do not post more than one bug per thread: lists of bugs are not very helpful to us because we’re frequently sending thread links to specific people who may not be able to address the other bugs you’re reporting. Please make a separate thread for each bug you’re seeing. [edit] This is with the exception of a staff request for bugs to be consolidated.
  4. Read the forums and search for existing issues before you post: Please use the search function or skim through the forums and see if your issue has already been reported. If you can add more detail to an existing thread, it’s much more helpful to us than creating a new one for the same issue.
  5. Use descriptive bug titles: the more clear and relevant your bug title is to the actual bug, the higher the chance is that we’ll be able to follow up on it faster.
    I.e. bug titles like, “Please fix!” or “GAME BREAKING BUG!” tell us nothing about the actual bug you’re encountering. A good question to ask yourself is, “does my thread title summarize the specific issue I’m seeing?”
  6. Describe the issue you’re encountering in detail: Providing information like the map you’re in, your character level, race, profession, and whether you’re in a group can significantly help us narrow down what’s causing the bug you’ve found. If you can reliably cause the bug you’re seeing to occur, let us know exactly how you did it!
  7. Use spoiler tags where appropriate: when reporting story or dungeon bugs, please use the spoiler tags where appropriate. By enclosing the text that could ruin someone else’s experience with [spoiler][/spoiler] tags, it will black it out and prevent them from seeing it unless they roll their cursor over it.

Thanks for all the fish bugs and helping make Guild Wars 2 even better!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

(edited by Jason King.2647)

Going from a level 30 Story Quest to a level 48 ( skipping the story line!! )

Posted by: EvanTeicheira

Previous

EvanTeicheira

ArenaNet Alpha Team

Next

For those who have been affected by the issue, can I please get the following information:

• Group composition:
    • Race, Profession, Level of Characters, etc.
    • Story choices for each character in the group (Blackout, Vigil, etc.)
  • Who owned the Kellach’s Attack instance (which character created the instance in which others joined)?
  • Which characters progressed on to the Level 48 quest?
  • For those who did not progress on to the Level 48 quest, what quest were they directed to instead?
ArenaNet QA Team

About Fan-Generated Content

in Community Creations

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Next

This forum is the place to post yours or others’ fan created content. If you have a cool piece of fan-art, machinima, or other piece of content that you or somebody else has created and you want to show it off, this is the place to do it. So please, post your cool stuff in this subforum. As always, please make sure all content abides by the forum code of conduct (this means no NSFW images, videos, links, etc).

Also, if you have comments about a particular piece, we do encourage you to post your comments in the comments site of where the content originates. Not all content-creators post on these forums and may not see your comments if they are only posted here.

Note: Gameplay videos, links to blogs and other such informative content should be posted in Linksville.

Why GW2 hate the crafters, should I abandon crafting ?

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Next

Thanks for your feedback, but this subforum is for Players Helping Players so will be closed. More forum sections appropriate for this topic will be opened in the future. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

Skill System

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Next

Thanks for your feedback/suggestion request, but this subforum is for Players Helping Players so will be closed. More forum sections appropriate for this topic will be opened in the future. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

Crafting skill reverted back to a lower level.

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Hey Suggs, can you recall the exact thing you were doing when your level was reset? Did it happen while you were discovering things? Or did it happen while you were logged out? Or maybe after some game maintenance?

I’m sorry you lost all of that time gathering and crafting! This is certainly not intended, and we will look into it once we have enough details.

Thank you for reporting it, and for your understanding!

Black lion trading company stole my gems...

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Next

Sorry for any delay folks – the system may take some time to send them. If you have not received them by tomorrow morning, please submit a ticket to our support team for assistance. http://en.support.guildwars2.com/

Thank you for your patience!

WvW issue

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Next

Thanks for your feedback, but this subforum is for Game Bugs so will be closed. More forum sections appropriate for this topic will be opened in the future. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

[suggestion] divide guild forums into subforums based on server

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Next

Thanks for your feedback, but this subforum is for Forum and Website Bugs so will be closed. More forum sections appropriate for this topic will be opened in the future. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!