Dev Tracker

FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Alot of people seem to have this issue. I started playing on August 25 as part of head start. I have not been able to purchase gems successfully with credit card or via paypal in 9 days. I keep getting “Approval Failed” when I used a credit card. I contacted my credit card company and they said they are not seeing charge requests come through. I am assuming the problem is on the ArenaNet end. I submitted a ticket 6 days ago (120904-009?313) and have not heard anything on this. One person on the guildwars2guru forums said they were told their account had a purchase restriction on their account but was never told why. The purchase restriction was lifted and they were able to purchase gems.

In any event, I want to purchase gems with my credit card and it has been incredibly frustrating not being able to do so. Please help!

That is not a valid ticket number. Could you please update? Also, did you submit multiple tickets?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

CHARACTERS DELETED

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

We do not have the capacity to reinstate character or “roll back” accounts.

It sounds as if your account was compromised. Please change your password immediately. Better still, please visit the Hacked Account KB Article for more information.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Email Authentication

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

We have looked at this carefully, and we just don’t see an issue with this. Sometimes it’s your junk mail filter, spam filter, even your ISP or your virus protection.

Please check the Knowledge Base article here with instructions on how to get help. If you have submitted a ticket it will be answered as soon as possible.

Keep in mind the team can disable your authentication, but then you’re unprotected, so you need to think that one through and determine how best to proceed.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Computer Crashes when running game

Posted by: MattChernicky.2945

Previous

MattChernicky.2945

Technical Support Lead

Next

DigitallOve – Since you think this may be heat related, I would like for you to try monitoring your CPU and GPU temperature while playing the game. There are multiple programs available to do this, and one example is “SpeedFan.”

If you wish to use SpeedFan (not supported by NCsoft in any manner) please download it at the following URL:
http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php On this page, click the blue link that says “SpeedFan 4.43” and install it.

Regardless of which program you use to monitor the temperatures, please try playing the game in windowed mode and monitor the CPU temperature while playing the game. Please take a screenshot of the program’s readings, and at what temperature does the game crash?

Players Awaiting Help [merged]

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

If you are awaiting a response from Support about your compromised (hacked) account, please know that this is the team’s top priority and an agent will respond to you as soon as possible.

• Please do not submit duplicates tickets.
  • Please do make sure your ticket includes all the information requested here.
  • Please do change your password, and do it again if the agent suggests you do so after he/she has helped you regain access to your account.

Thank you for your patience. I will merge threads about this topic into this thread to keep things organized.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Annoying Sound Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Thanks for the reports, everyone! This is an issue we’ve been tracking for a while now, and I’ve heard we may have a fix for it in the next few days. If you continue seeing it, please let us know.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

He has submitted three tickets relating to his account being hacked by gold sellers, and has only received one response about something entirely unrelated. The ticket numbers are as follows: 120831-017385, 120903-008371, 120904-010682. No account access since the 31st, and your wiki said everyone who has submitted a ticket before the 1st has been helped. Please escalate and respond to these tickets.

That’s one of the problems. Sending three tickets is delaying his response. The team will assist him after the tickets are reviewed and merged. I cannot give a timeframe at present.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

We do not have the capacity to give you another book. The team is working on CE items right now and that may address your issue.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Asura Starter Area bugged - Henge of Denravi Server

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

If you were in the same tutorial instance as the one we just looked at, you should be good for now. Other than that, we’ve identified the issue and are documenting it for future instances. Thanks for the report!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

connection error(s) detected. retrying...

Previous

MattChernicky.2945

Technical Support Lead

Next

As a possible workaround/troubleshooting step I would like for you to try the following:

1. Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”

2. Rename this shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Port Test.”

3. Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties.”

4. Edit the “Target” line to include /clientport 80 at the end.

Note: Please make sure /clientport 80 is outside of the quotes

Correctly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” /clientport 80
Incorrectly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe /clientport 80”

5. Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes.

If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try step 4 again.

6. Double click “Guild Wars 2 Port Test” and try connecting again.

If that doesn’t work I would like for you to run our Game Adviser application and attach it to this thread using the “More posting & formatting options..”

You can download Game Adviser here: http://us.ncsoft.com/gameadvisor/

Transferring a Guild to another server

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Guilds are not world-based. Your guild exists on all worlds and can have members from multiple worlds. Influence and upgrades do not carry between worlds, but chat works between worlds.

Is this an exploit?

Posted by: CC Dalmarus.8397

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Next

This question has been answered to the satisfaction of the original poster so will be closed. Thanks for joining in the conversation!

Question about the Attribute Precision

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Next

Thanks for your question, but this subforum is for Game Bugs so will be closed. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

Computer Crashes when running game

Previous

MattChernicky.2945

Technical Support Lead

Next

Hey DigitallOve– could you please post any crash reports and a DxDiag using the spoiler tag? You can find the crash report located in your “Documents” folder. There should be a Guild Wars 2 folder within it and it will be called ArenaNet.log.

In Game Mail Scammers/Gold Sellers

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Next

Thanks for you feedback, but this subforum is for Game Bugs so will be closed. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

Issue with Reserved name from Guild Wars 1 (from my own account, from pre-purchase access)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Now that I understand the timeframe of the deletion and recreation attempt, it is possible there’s a name glitch. With compromised accounts as our priority, we need to ask for extra patience with this, but it will be reviewed!

Thanks for the extra details!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Can't Edit My Posts

in Forum and Website Bugs

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Next

Thanks for letting us know, Max! We’re on it!

Unauthorized log in attempt!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Please read the daily update from Mike O’Brien, ArenaNet President, on the Guild Wars Wiki. You’ll find out that would-be hackers are doing this to try to find accounts to steal using credentials they stole from other games or sites.

Link: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_status_updates/Archive_1

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

You should have received an automatic answer immediately. You should also have received an email that gave you an update and asked you to refresh your ticket (through the one that you received) if you still needed help.

Please open your ticket and make sure that it includes all the info posted here so that the team can help you more quickly.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

No Limit On Login Attempts

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Next

Thanks for not only bringing this to our attention but also taking the time to ensure it had not been corrected yet. This issue has been escalated to our security team for further investigation. Thanks again!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hi,

While I appreciate that this is an important issue to you, I hope you will understand and agree that helping people with compromised accounts or other game-breaking issues is and must be our priority.

Further, at this time Customer Support does not have a means to adjust your Influence. We’re sorry, but it’s simply not something that we can do.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

If you are awaiting a response from Support about your compromised (hacked) account, please know that this is the team’s top priority and an agent will respond to you as soon as possible.

If you are awaiting help on another issue, please understand that helping players who were victimized by hackers is our top priority, even while we are working around the block to help everyone with every legitimate issue.

To help Support help you:

• Please do not submit duplicate tickets.
  • Please do make sure your ticket includes all the information requested here.
  • If you were hacked, or think you may be under scrutiny as a potential victim, please do change your password, and do it again if the agent suggests you do so after he/she has helped you regain access to your account.

Thank you for your patience. I will merge threads about this topic into this thread to keep things organized.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Some bugs

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Next

Please do not post the details of possible exploits in a thread. In the future, please send an email to exploits [at] arena [dot] net.

Thanks for letting us know though! This has been escalated for investigation.

Authorize Login Attempt

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Please change your password immediately. Please do not respond to the emails, delete them without following any links. The links are from us, but someone is “pinging” your account to try to steal it.

Contact Support if you find you were compromised. Best of luck!

Learn more here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_status_updates/Archive_1

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Collector's Ed/DDE Item Questions [merged]

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

In order to delete the Rytlock, you have to read the warning and, after that, confirm you really want to delete the character. So there are safeguards in place to prevent the accidental deletion of this one-time item.

Having said that, the team is looking at other ways to address this player concern. If you have submitted a ticket about this, you will be in the queue, and when there is a remedy you will be assisted.

Thank you for your patience.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

GoldSellers Mails, how to report?

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

That is a very irritating issue! We are working on a means to address this and you can expect to see that very soon.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Error 3032.xx 4-5 times a night.

Previous

MattChernicky.2945

Technical Support Lead

Next

As a possible workaround/troubleshooting step I would like for you to try the following:

1. Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”

2. Rename this shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Port Test.”

3. Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties.”

4. Edit the “Target” line to include /clientport 80 at the end.

Note: Please make sure /clientport 80 is outside of the quotes

Correctly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” /clientport 80
Incorrectly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe /clientport 80”

5. Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes.

If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try step 4 again.

6. Double click “Guild Wars 2 Port Test” and try connecting again.

Refund Questions

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Good day. I’d like to follow up in my refund request as the game doesn’t properly work on my computer…

We definitely will assist you with this refund. Our team is working around the clock to get people into the game — many of them innocent victims of account compromises where a hacker uses externally-acquired credentials to steal the account. However, we appreciate that you’d like your issue handled, as well, and ask for a little more patience as it is processed.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Tower Down - Personal Story - Stuck

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Unfortunately, this is a side-effect of the bug we fixed a couple days ago. The good news is that it shouldn’t happen on any future characters! Thank you for your understanding.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Estate of decay...stuck.

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Hello, just wanted to say that I’m having issues with the personal story questline: Estate of Decay. It is located in Malchor’s Leap, and requires the player to go to a certain individuals manor. Upon entering, the host of the manor welcomes the party members then leaves. After that there is nothing to do; the doors are locked, the servants repeat the same dialogue and there seems to be no way to advance. I’ve tried attempting to see if it required jumping through a puzzle like vistas.

I asked one of the designers about this, and the story should progress when you open one of the closed doors in the mansion. Could you check and see if there’s a door you may have missed? If not, please let us know! Thanks!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Mesmer skills - clipping under map

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

I believe this particular issue is something that we need to fix on a case-by-case basis; in other words, it really helps if you can let us know exactly where you were when this occurred via a video/screenshot. Alternatively, if you bug it with the in-game bug submitter, we’ll automatically get your location and be able to investigate it. Thanks!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Next

The “Forgot password” button has been temporarily disabled for additional security. If you need your password reset, please contact our support team for assistance (http://en.support.guildwars2.com/). Thank you!

Crashing

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

Hey guys – The more information that you can provide regarding this crash the better. The crash report will vary from player to player depending on when they crashed along with their individual system setup.

That being said, can you all please post any crash reports (ArenaNet.log file) along with a Game Advisor report?

You can download Game Advisor below. It provides us with a bit more information than a DxDiag report:

http://us.ncsoft.com/gameadvisor/

Hacked account - 31/08/2012

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Next

For assistance with hacked account tickets that have not received a response in an extended period of time, please post the date your ticket was submitted, along with the 12 digit ticket number here. Thank you!

Setup download stops at 10135 kb

Previous

MattChernicky.2945

Technical Support Lead

Next

Hey Surfer,

After looking through your Game Adviser I see a couple things that could be preventing you from downloading the game. The main issue is more than likely AVG blocking your download. AVG antivirus has also been historically problematic with blocking Guild Wars 2 from connecting to the ArenaNet servers.

Also, your Intel video card does not meet the minimum system requirements. You may still be able to play though if you can get updated drivers. You can go to Intel’s site at the following link to get the most up-to-date drives: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?lang=eng

Is this an exploit?

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Next

Without additional details, it’s hard to say whether your particular discovery is working as intended or is an exploit. If you suspect any action of being a possible exploit, please send an in-game ticket to our support team with all relevant details of the action/s taken. They will let you know whether it is an acceptable practice or whether it’s an exploit and should be halted.

Issue with Reserved name from Guild Wars 1 (from my own account, from pre-purchase access)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I am sorry, but if the name was taken during a period when you were inactive — between deletion and recreation of a same-named character — we cannot restore “ownership” of the name to your account.

We allow a 24-hour period where the name is reserved when a character is deleted and the new one is made. Log-in issues or other situations should not impact names, since most people delete and recreate within a few minutes. In any regard, it would be difficult to justify taking a name away from someone else when it was available “in the name pool” at the time s/he made the character.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Linking Issues/Questions [merged]

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Posts about issues related to linking accounts, or making an error in linking and needing assistance, should be posted here.

Please understand that we’re focusing mostly on account reinstatements for those who were innocent victims of account hacks, but the team will get you the help you need.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Moderator)

6 day old unanswered ticket.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hi there,

First, the ticket was created four days ago, not six.

Secondly, I am looking at your ticket. It appears that you mis-clicked and purchased the wrong armor. While I appreciate that you would like assistance, this is not something that we can correct for you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Personal story progressed differently than party member

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

Just a note: you can use spoiler tags to hide spoilers.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Crash + Graphics Error

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

Hi Retzie,

Can you run our Game Adviser tool and attach it to this post by clicking “More posting & formatting options…”

Setup download stops at 10135 kb

Previous

MattChernicky.2945

Technical Support Lead

Next

Hey Surfer,

Can you run our Game Adviser tool and attach it to this post using the “spoiler tag” for me please?

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

Our team already made some changes last week that should address your concern. Are you still seeing this issue?

Content Marketing Lead

Crashing

Previous

MattChernicky.2945

Technical Support Lead

Next

We are aware that some players whose computers meet or exceed the minimum system specs are not experiencing the level or performance we expect.  We are investigating these cases and will update with more information as it becomes available.

Please continue to post the information Mark had requested though. The more information we can get the better.

6 day old unanswered ticket.

Previous

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Next

Hi all. Thanks for your input, but the only people that can assist indrct with a ticket is someone from account support. As such, please respect their decision. Thanks!

GW2 has encountered a serious error.

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

Thanks for the crash report Raptor! My first thought is this could be a driver based issue. The report indicates that you have a ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series graphics card. While this card does not meet the minimum requirements (it may be slightly under the minimum) this is not to say that you will be unable to play per say. You may simply need to update your graphics drivers. Please keep in mind though that since your graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements you may encounter graphics, performance, and even crash issues such as this as a result.

And so, are you able to attach a DxDiag report to this thread so I can get an idea of what kind of system setup you have? To run a DxDiag test, please perform the following:

1. Press and hold the Windows key and then press the R key on your keyboard. A Run dialogue box should appear.

2. Type in “dxdiag” without the quotes, and click OK.

3. A DirectX Diagnostic Tool window will appear. Click on the “Save All Information” button at the bottom of this window. You will want to save the file to your desktop.

From there you should be able to attach the report to this thread by clicking “More posting & formatting options…”

Crashing

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

Currently we are investigating a known issue with 32-bit operating systems and Nvidia GTX cards. Unfortunately there is no ETA for a fix at this time – though I am glad to hear Grizzle that you haven’t experienced the crash in a while. It is possible that this could be a driver based issue since you have a GTS Nvidia card.

I would recommend a clean installation of the newest drivers since yours appear to be a couple of months old. If anything this should at least improve performance for you.

Purchased DDU; Mistfire Wolf still greyed out [Merged]

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Thanks for the report! I’ve passed this on to to be investigated. Hopefully, we’ll get a fix for you soon.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Collector's Ed/DDE Item Questions [merged]

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

This thread is designed to answer questions from people who deleted their Collector’s Edition items and would like replacements.

Please note that there are two safeguards against this:

1. The player is warned to remove all valuable items from the character before deletion
  2. The player is required to type in the entire name of the character, to avoid a “mis-click”

Having said that, we do understand that some players were not aware that items like the Miniature Rytlock were given as one per account, and not one per every character. The developers are looking at this issue and hope to have a remedy in place soon.

I will merge threads about this topic to keep things aligned.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Moderator)

So... About these threads.

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

Your question is answered here

Other sections will be rolled out when our team observes that the forums are performing well.

Thank you.

Content Marketing Lead