I crafted a few and sold em ;p
I still play condi mes, with no chrono, and still have the easiest of times.
The supervisor at Speldan’s is commonly placed on the wrong side or friendly when in control by the enemy team.
Meaning you cannot capture the camp unless you manage to get some NPC/Creature to kill the Supervisor FOR YOU to enable the capture.
Everything is op except the class that people mains.
I main a warrior….o wait
Plenty of issues, Spectator is a parasite to Hotjoin though that is for sure…I made my own list of similar issues a while ago, and a while before that. Anet just doesn’t care….at all
This skill is only good in 1v1 situations, in teamfights it deals little damage and usually leaves them in a position they don’t want to be in…RNG based attacks lol
I’m so sorry Zietlogik.6208, we had a crazy crash, all of us, that we could not connect again.
It was a free win to Fox and Paw Paw! Next time we will beat them
The issue is effecting alot of people that day, it would take a group, DC them and give them Network error, it happened to me 3 times that day, on and off, then it would choose random other people and do it to them, and let me log in….it was strange.
64 bit client
Game has full crash memory error when loading the map for Light in the Darkness (Grove instance)
It left for a while…now its back again…
Anet…anet won, we are all the losers >.>
This was such a fun match, it is good to see you guys are getting your systems up and running perfectly!
That is how action camera works, your character moves like it would in an action RPG. You can bind keys for strafe if that is what you want, I think Q and E were default? I can’t remember.
Soon there will be a league system to sort through MMR tiers and try to accommodate for better matchmaking. I still think Solo-queue vs premades will still be an issue, but time will tell.
But if you are a person that enjoys PvP in game, then “worth it” should never be the way to look at it.
exotic trophy would more than likely be part of a Collection, perhaps not unlocked yet, or they don’t have it complete yet in-game.
The Elite spec are character progression, not account progression is what they are saying. It is based on your characters exploration of the world, mainland tyria and maguuma etc.
(edited by Zietlogik.6208)
it seems to be a mix of latency, skill activations and CPU usage in new zones. It seems to hit my warrior really hard, but have little to no effect on my rev, and other quick activation classes. Makes warrior feel horrible to play though that is for sure
ever since HoT launched, if I am in a new zone, every skill, every movement on my war feels like it has a delay. It makes the entire play experience feel “floaty”
I get a very similar experience when in the ley-line area in Dry Top, everything just doesn’t respond properly.
Was runnign around on my Rev in the new WvW map and everything feels like they snap and activate quick, on my war, feels weird and unresponsive….maybe it is just me being weird. But it is absolutely ruining my entire play time on my main class.
For side nodes, they just need to add a platform underneath the point and 2 sets of stairs on either side to get back up to the node. The platform can be far enough down that you take some damage, but not kill you.
It isn’t exactly false advertising when they tell you there is a chance at a new one and its not guaranteed. RNG sucks, but they tell you its RNG.
It doesnt work in WvW because bags are dropped in WvW and they count as mini-chests, the autoloot only affects dead creatures, if you could physically loot corpses in WvW instead of the little bags, then it would probably work.
The thing is you don’t HAVE to farm same events over and over, hell it’s not even faster. Just explore the jungle, you don’t have to max mastery in a week. Play the game regularly and leveling while enjoying, don’t let level be your goal.
The issue is that you cannot do A, B and C without Mastery X, Y and Z, so the zones limit you to the content you can actually get exp from, can’t get exp from the story because its locked, cannot exp from some of the areas and challenges because they are locked too.
So you can only do what you have access to, which in turn turns it into you grinding the same events over and over.
At least in main Tyria, you can do ALOT of stuff to work towards your masteries, but HoT is far too restricted.
And I surely do not condone the shear amount of experience required for some of these masteries, it is just abhorrent how they pretty much multiply the amount instead of putting some meaningful content to unlock it instead.
I was wondering about the Mastery Level thing when I saw my party members with level 2 and 0. I understand it now, but it seems strange, I think the icon next to their name in the world is sufficient, the UI doesnt need it
I was expecting the new horizontal progression to be more inline with how Metroidvania/Legend of Zelda type games function, where sure, you cannot access a bunch of the game world, but you just need to do certain tasks, or obtain certain items to be able to access them.
And they ALMOST got there…but then stopped short and didn’t properly figure out how to implement it, so they just fell backwards into the pit of “kill things”
For example, in LoZ: OoT, you need to obtain the hookshot to access the Forest temple right? But you don’t run around trying to obtain 2000 rupies to buy it, or kill a billion skulltulas to get enough exp to use it, it is part of a natural progression through the story.
The main story arch can be how it currently is, locked behind a “gate” for people who need to obtain the item/mastery needed to complete them. But the method for obtaining these really needs to change. There needs to be mini-missions in between the main story that allow you to unlock mastery.
Let’s say you want Itzel Mastery, instead of killing pocket raptors for 2 weeks straight, you just complete quests/scavenger hunts/collections/events for the itzel. and along side this you could have a Micro-chapter of story just for them, and one just for the exalted, and one just for gliding, and these you do to unlock their respective mastery, just little story snippets and missions that help you understand what you are MASTERING in the first place.
(edited by Zietlogik.6208)
Edit: It occurs after using a dodge roll near the end of the chain
Sometimes after using Riposting Shadows and dodge rolls, your character will become stuck in place and completely unable to move for a few seconds. W,A,S,D do nothing and you have to either wait several seconds or jump to remove the effect (feels like immobilize)
- Action Camera activated
- Using dodge -> Riposting Shadows -> dodge -> riposting shadows -> dodge
- Movement skills used in a straight line (moving in 1 direction continuously)
- The bug tends to occur near the end of the string, when you are low on energy.
Not with HoT, but maybe if we get a “Depths of Tyria” expansion or something would be interesting.
But currently it looks like areas instead are the norm, Kralk will have the Crystal Desert, Jormag will have the Far Shiverpeaks, Mord has the Jungle.
But I would love to see it happen myself.
The only real changes are scavenger hunts, and some reward changes for materials etc.
Ziet, I respect you as a fellow roamer, whats your opinion here? I wasn’t around to test, is none of it worthwhile?
“The final line emphasizes the berserker’s unstoppable nature, adding healing options and stun breaks to help you survive when in the thick of battle.”
That interested me in the description.
I summed up my thoughts on Berskerer in the BWE feedback thread here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Berserker-BWE3-Feedback/first#post5560945
“Rupture the earth around you, the resulting explosion causes enemies to float in mid-air. Then quickly spin and launch foes away.”
It would be a 2 segment attack. Primarily for area-denial
When you use the ability it will strike the ground and cause a visual effect enemies can see (for pvp mainly) after 1/2-3/4 seconds the area explodes causing enemies to “float” in place for 1 second.
When the explosion occurs your character will charge a second swing (3/4 – 1 sec) that will launch enemies hit with the attack.
This gives a unique skill to the hammer which does multiple things:
- Has 2 dodgeable CC effects layered into 1 skill. Both on readable timers (activation times)
- Has the only above-ground “float”.
- Becomes a primary Area Denial ability sacrificing damage.
Lets say you are fighting in WvW/sPvP, you engage the enemy and use Rupturing Smash, the enemy reacts and walks/dodges out of rupture range, but they walk back in a second later. The initial float misses them, but the secondary whirl launches them away.
Or the enemy gets hit by the inital float, but reacts and stun breaks and quickly moves/dodges the secondary whirl, meaning they can remain in closer proximity.
The skill is meant as more of a “defender” role to cover areas, chokepoints, and strip defiance bars.
The numbers may need to be raised slightly, but 1/2-1 second delays should suffice
Whoa….I don’t think I have ever had this happen to me honestly, I also turned off auto-target days after launch.
I am more annoyed that in the water a completely dead pet can res the ranger while you cannot even stomp :/
But that only really applies to WvW.
Could they split the runnings into 2 resets instead? Either a 1/2 week one, with the reset occuring mid-day on the middle day. (using Workweek as example: Reset 1: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Mid-day reset: Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
Or a non-symmetrical approach of a “Weekend Round” Friday, Saturday, Sunday, then a “Weekday Round” of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
Proposition 1: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, First 1/2 of Wednesday is one round, then resets into the second 1/2 of Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Proposition 2: Friday, Saturday, Sunday is one round, pretty much a “Blitz Round” and the remainder of the Weekdays will be the “Burn Round”.
Proposition 3: Don’t change anything, leave it the way it is.
“Speed hacks” have been around for a very very long time. Does noone remember when fly hacks were so commonly used in WvW with the Orb mechanics? Speed and Fly hacks still exist, existed for a while, they are just seldom seen.
But they aren’t really being detected…this new hardware disable thing though? not sure if its them or you tbh.
EDIT: Found a video I had from 2013 that had a ranger that was speed hacking (looks like lag, but a bit too “quick”)
(edited by Zietlogik.6208)
Unless the Halloween content has bugs and needs to be adressed at the same time o.o
Can’t have resign in rated your final score effects your MMR so it pays to try to grind out as many points a possible even when losing big. There is a defference between scoring 100, 200, and 300 points for example. May even be increments between not really an expert.
I think this is the case with the new leagues, but i’m sure there will still be some way for resign to work. with the “half-in-the-bag” ELO system though, it will be weird, and may not be necessary.
But when a 4v5 happens, spawn camped, with a score different being multiplied as the game goes on, sometimes it is just better to cut the timer.
dishonor does not help players that DC’s unintentionally. & DC happens a lot.
Speaking from my own experiences, I cannot even remember the last time I have been disconnected…it isnt always the game’s fault for a DC either. But the game doesn’t know what happens, just that you are now gone.
Y u ruin dungeons Anet?
Mind you, interestingly enough, CoF farms existed in both games lol
- Added Leaver/AFK report and /resign/surrender command to the list.
You forgot adding instant autobalancing. The losing team is going to lose more because of 5v3.
Would this be only for volunteers? so first person to hit the button is swapped?
I would think if its just instant for everyone targeted by autobalance, that player will be more likely to leave as well if the game just suddenly throws them onto the other team in the middle of a fight/cap/anything.
- Added Leaver/AFK report and /resign/surrender command to the list.
I too, noticed that you avoided mentioning the fact that stealth (and vanish) expire after a short time (with the exception of Prismatic Understanding buffed stealth which I argue should never have existed).
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!
#$$ there are SOOOO MANY ways to chain stealth it’s not even funny the fact each stealth skill only give you a short period of stealth is meaningless .
There is alot of meaning, stealth in games like WoW dont even really use a skill, it is just a profession button you hit and you are in stealth. GW2 you need to use your combos, you need to use skills, utilities, you need to specc for it, it isn’t just something that is available to every build a thief has freely, you need to put some effort into being stealthed for longer periods of time…and even then, very very rarely perma.
You forgot to add MAJOR ISSUE near allow queuing outside of Heart of the Mists.
Fixd and added some missing ones
Those games also have an infinite duration for stealth, GW2 does not. I am not a fan of the stealth mechanics currently (at least Stealth in combat) but that is a big big thing you glossed over.
People actually play in hot join? I thought only farmers went on there. It’s a sesspool of crap.
That would be the point of trying to improve it right?
Is there a reason this is almost all for hotjoins?
It is the largest amount of issues currently in spvp, other that matchmaking (which I wouldn’t know how to fix), Courtyard (needs to be larger)
What is your largest concern with current sPvP?
- An important issue that needs to be addressed currently is that players are not properly reminded or directed to the PvP Builds window, and since there is no default hotkey to open this window during a practice match, most players stumble into sPvP with the pre-build traits/runes/amulet/etc. thinking they are running what they have in other game-modes.
But on top of that, I still see we have these pre-set pvp builds that players don’t even know they have loaded, because the game doesn’t tell how anything works in the sPvP lobby. (See: Any Class with Soldier’s Amulet w/ Rune of Lyssa)
Players are never directed to the training grounds properly either…SO how about:
For the very first time (prior to ever joining a pvp match/ranked/unranked/practice)
(Optional)All PvP reward tracks are locked until you complete a basic “Training Track” that would involve mechanics in the training area and progress something similar to: (excluding cannons…because no current maps use them)
Each of these will have a popup window (like hints) that would describe actions and rewards for these mechanics. (the hints/popup descriptions will be in bold)
- Visit the Training Grounds area.
(Here, we will learn about the basic mechanics of the various PvP Environments.)
- Open your PvP Build window.
(This screen will help you build your character to fight alongside teammates in PvP matches. These Traits, Sigils and Amulet are all you need to get started in PvP. These will change as you swap between PvP and PvE areas, so be sure to open this window when you enter any PvP zone to double-check your setup.)
- Rally an ally in the Training Grounds.
(Keeping your allies alive is important in all game-types, but even more so in a PvP environment, so be sure to revive fallen allies to keep your team strong.)
- Stomp an Enemy in the Training Grounds.
(Just as important as reviving allies, defeating an enemy is also a great way to strengthen your team, and make your enemies rethink their strategy.)
- Use a Trebuchet in the Training Grounds.
(This secondary objective is located on the Battle of Khylo PvP map and allows you to bombard an area with heavy hitting Trebuchet shots to give your allies the edge in battle.)
- Destroy a Trebuchet in the Training Grounds.
(Both teams in Battle of Khylo start the match with a trebuchet ready for them, so destroying the enemies is a great way to reduce any advantage they can gain from it.)
- Repair the broken Trebuchet in the Training Grounds.
(Even if your Trebuchet is destroyed, or you destroy the enemy team’s Trebuchet, the Repair Kit is a tool that can make it usable again during a match.)
- Gain a temporary buff by defeating The Chieftain or Svanir in the Training Grounds.
(By defeating these neutral monsters on the Forest of Niflhel, you will grant your team an instant 25 points as well as a helpful buff to boost your team’s power and stats.)
- Kill the enemy Guild Lord.
(On the Legacy of the Foefire map, there is a powerful NPC heavily guarded in each team’s base. By defeating this NPC you will grant your team an instant 150 points.)
- Channel and capture a neutral node in the Training Grounds.
(Many maps in PvP require you to channel for a brief moment in order to capture an objective or buff. Such as the Orb of Ascension on Spirit Watch, the Cannon on Skyhammer and various buffs on Temple of the Silent Storm.)
>>This is where the Training Area stops, and the in-game training begins<<
- Capture a neutral capture point in any PvP match.
- Capture an enemy controlled Capture Point in any PvP match.
- Defend a capture point your team controls for 10 seconds in any PvP match.
- Rally an ally in any PvP match.
- Stomp an Enemy in any PvP match.
(edited by Zietlogik.6208)
>>>Please be Constructive!<<<
- Resign/Surrender command
- Allow a team to use /resign or /surrender to initiate a match end when one team reached 300/350 points. (point threshold to prevent match manipulation by instant /resign)
- AFK/Leaver Report Features (moderate issue)
- There are not enough features/UI to aid players in properly reporting Leavers and AFKers at the end of a match (to prevent reports for temporary disconnects). There should be a UI after the match, or better ways to report during a match, that let players from both teams accumulate reports for players with toxic behavior or greifing.
- Queue from outisde of the HotM (major issue)
- I don’t know the actual metrics on this, but the reason it was changed was due to 4v5/DC/Non-loaders for players outisde of HotM who got a Queue pop. This change however made things mind-numbingly boring. We now have to wait to play the game (manifesto anyone?) Alt-tab and watch a video, or make some food while the queue burns away our time doing nothing…nothing…so boring…falling asle—-
- Solo queue (moderate issue)
- Providing a way for individual players to join matches against other like-minded players without directly forming teams or facing teams with heavy coordination and communication, to have a place to compete.
- Being placed into the same match over and over multiple times in a row (I’ve had it happen up to 5 times in a row). (minor issue)
- A minor algorithm would be helpful to help prevent players from being placed into the same match more than 2 times in a row when using the “Play Now” button.
- Joining blowout matches. (minor issue)
- There needs to be a method or mechanic that detects the % difference in score, and lowers that server’s priority at a threshold, for example, if a match is beyond 7 minutes in, and has a 100+ team score differential, the server should be put on a lower priority for joining.
- Spectator mode abuse/issues/mechanic. (major issue)
- Spectator needs to be locked, that’s it, it is TOO EASY TO ABUSE. Once a player enters spectator mode, they should be locked into it (this only applies to official Anet hotjoin servers, not player customs). The lock would stay in effect until the players leave the match, or use the Volunteer prompt to join an uneven match from spectator mode.
- Autobalance issues. (moderate issue)
- Currently it takes the last joiners into the server, or those who volunteer, without taking into account participation, meaning if you are the first into the server, you have 0 incentive to volunteer since autobalance will never take you. People being targetted by Autobalance should be notified they are going to be taken, instead of it being a sudden “poof”.
- Uneven matches. (moderate/major issue)
- There needs to be a “queue” system that places players into the match. Players should be added to the teams in pairs (1-1, 2-2). A method to do this is to add a team join queue, if you click red, you are placed into red queue until someone joins blue, then both are joined at the same time. Random will act as a “fill” pick joining whatever team has the least queue.
- Server player recognitions. (minor issue)
- Currently a server reads all players as “active” players. Meaning players in spectator mode count toward a hidden playercount, which lowers the server priority for the “Play Now” button. I have noticed that if there is a server with 10 players, but only 8 are playing, new players are less likely to join the server because the game believes the server is “near capacity of active players”.
- Volunteer improvements. (minor issue)
- Volunteer button is easily missed when a player is focusing on a fight or player movement, and can be suddenly jolted to the opposing team without proper warning. Players need to be notified if they are the current target of an autobalance, and have the Volunteer prompt be a bit easier to see in higher tension situations (maybe slight flashing?)
- New servers. (minor issue)
- Currently being placed into a low pool of servers when using “Play Now” causes a lower amount of new/fresh/starting servers to be chosen/prioritized. Which attributed to the previous issue of being placed in the same blowout/uneven matches multiple times over.
Some older forum threads of some relevance:
Small video of my ramblings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDJzFSZgOwg
What would you change, or think would change, the overall hotjoin experience for the better?
Together, we can make all facets of sPvP an enjoyable experience! Work together!
(edited by Zietlogik.6208)
Hotjoin doesn’t have to be the mess that it is, fixing the autobalance issues, spectator abuse and putting at least a tiny system in place to help prevent uneven matches would go a long way in making Hotjoin a more bearable experience.
But Anet do not care about PvP (don’t let leagues fool you) if they did, they would have done something about this over the course of several years, instead they have done absolutely nothing to improve the hotjoin experience they touted about pre-launch.
I’ve made topics in the past, I might have to copy-pasta them to refresh em on the forums…
(edited by Zietlogik.6208)
I freaking hated that mission. 20+ minutes are spent literally standing there, killing quickly-killed mobs, waiting for more things to kill.
You must have played it after the nerf
Dunno if this is a bug. It hits twice because 1 there’s a pierce trait for rifles and 2 it explodes? Guess it could be interpreted as unintended behavior, but looking at the two descriptions they do conflict…seems trait lines > wep functionality. The more you know o/
The bug has nothing to do with the trait, it can be reproduced without discipline even being in your spec.