I purposely didn’t log in to Guild Wars 2 for a week for 2 reasons:
- 1 to prevent burn out.
- 2 to see how I would view the game after a week of playing other mmo’s.
The result is well read on:
- In that week I played aion, STO, Rift, Neverwinter, Tera, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Aura kingdom and so on you get the picture.
What I found is that:
- They all have awkward camera’s that are not smooth, at all !
- character responsiveness is awful.
- reaction times are awful.
- Boring combat.
- quality of life is none existent, when compared to GW.
- messy, badly coded interfaces, and ugly as hell.
- GCD, this didn’t use to bother me at all now I can’t stand it.
- need target to cast anything, annoying much.
- No global Trading post, yeah I missed it.
- art style, I’m gonna censor myself here.
A lot of people say Guild Wars 2 lacks this and that and whatever.
But I say to you, all those other games are missing a hell of a lot more
that we as GW2 players take for granted everyday.
I believe we have been spoiled so much by all the nice good features of GW2 that now we expect an even higher level of quality and polish
The fact of the matter is give credit where credit is due
Guild Wars 2 is an amazing game with many small things in it we take for granted and because they seem so small you might not give it a second thought and think all games out there have those features, when the reality is, I have yet to see any other game that has as much polish, attention to detail and quality of life features as GW2 has, not even wow comes close to this level of refinement, yes I dropped the elephant in the room !
Many consider wow the pinnacle of polish, well I’m here to tell you that is no longer true and hasn’t been since the day GW2 launched.
I’m not saying GW2 is perfect, cough RNG cough Time gating !
but when put into perspective against all the crap that is swirling the ether,
GW2 is a 24k diamond in the rough